Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Agnimitra »

johneeG wrote:If NaMo doesn't jail the dynasty, he will lose credibility just like Fordriwal lost credibility by not jailing Sheela. The lotus would never be able to make allegations against the kongis/dynasty if they are not jailed. If allegations are made then the kongis/dynasty will say,"if we are guilty, they why didn't you jail us?".
Fordriwal will say,"See, I told you that all these people are together in it and will help each other..."

If the amnesty has to be given, then it should be given publicly after the person has accepted his guilt publicly and promised not to repeat such a thing. For example, if Manly Singh has to be given amnesty, then first his guilt should be established, then he needs to publicly ask for forgiveness and only then the amnesty should be accorded by the Prez(or someone like that) based on exceptional situations. In normal circumstances, the law must take its course especially if those who are alleged to be guilty are rich and powerful.
Some choices can be gamed in order to bring most of the money back - as well as to do it while preserving or enhancing social capital. One of the several choices (for selected people) can be anonymity - but the sum of money repatriated can be made public. As long as that is done, and the repatriated money intelligently invested in the economy, I think the public will be satisfied. a few people who are unlikely to ad to the nation's social capital can be made examples of.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

in terms of "solutions" for our crowded country with limited land , we have everything to learn from Cheen, Taiwan, Singapore, HK, Japan, Soko how to build a develop country ecosystem on top of crippling shortage of land and resources(Cheen does have plenty natural resources but 3/4 of the country is not arable).

we do not have anything to learn from Amrika/Aus/Canada who are at other end of scale. they can continue to be wasteful for a century more and nothing will happen to them.

some would claim we can learn from Europe and its well planned inner cities, but the "cleanup n gentrification" of europe happened on the back of colonial wealth and monopoly access to world resources which is not replicable now. they are running through that wealth while preserving pockets of excellence but overall trend in most parts that freeloaded on the back of eng/ger/italy/france is likely down. east asia's march had no such looted wealth luxury. they had to be agile and find openings here n there.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

All that can be done is that avenues of corruption are closed. They will all get away. This is the nature of the game. Everyone has their hands in the cookie jar. The whole goal is to make them inert entities.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Singha wrote:in terms of "solutions" for our crowded country with limited land , we have everything to learn from Cheen, Taiwan, Singapore, HK, Japan, Soko how to build a develop country ecosystem on top of crippling shortage of land and resources(Cheen does have plenty natural resources but 3/4 of the country is not arable).

we do not have anything to learn from Amrika/Aus/Canada who are at other end of scale. they can continue to be wasteful for a century more and nothing will happen to them.

some would claim we can learn from Europe and its well planned inner cities, but the "cleanup n gentrification" of europe happened on the back of colonial wealth and monopoly access to world resources which is not replicable now. they are running through that wealth while preserving pockets of excellence but overall trend in most parts that freeloaded on the back of eng/ger/italy/france is likely down. east asia's march had no such looted wealth luxury. they had to be agile and find openings here n there.
I wonder if we can draw upon experiences from our ancient past. Is their a city planning style that is distinctly indian? Can we somehow incorporate indian architecture into modern building designs?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

we can also go underground, there is a lot of stability in temps about 20m's below surface. It is cool throughout the year. Imagine the savings in air conditioning and cooling bills and increase in productivity.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

with a huge increase in sanitation problem and lighting bills. people need the sun. going underground has been done in canada at great cost. downtown toronto has a city of connecting walkways and malls below the skyscrapers. I hear in some colder canadian cities even most of colleges/univs are below ground.

traditional architectures around the world whether our thick clay/brick walls or the iranian windcatcher designs need good amt of space to work, space which is available in villages and small towns and everyone has a plotted house.

I am yet to see a low cost simple soln for the 30x40 plots and common walls thats common in urban india!
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

darshhan wrote:

Smriti Irani deserves a chance. If she is unable to perform then yes, she should be shunted out.
This should hold true for everyone irrespective of their educational qualifications.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I used that feedback tool in PMO website and asked NaMo to include changing IRCTC website to something better as part of his items to be done in first 100 days. This is will surely be noticed by the whole country and will make lives a little better for millions of Indians. I got an automated acknowledgement. I hope NaMo gets to read the suggestion.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rahul Mehta I am going to give a warning gor trolling tomorrow.I dont have laptop now.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Ambar wrote:Madhu Kishwar now calls Smriti "nalayak". If there is a person who fits the description of "useful idiot" to a T, it has to be Madhu Kishwar.
Some people know how to dig their own graves.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

This name "India" coined by some white guy should be used less and less. I don't think we should put "India" or "Indian" in front of any gov agency or scheme. I think Bharat should only be used now.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

I am completely not in favor of Smriti Irani's appointment as HRD minister, however, I am more than willing to concede that this is PMs prerogative. So while I may express surprise/disappointment, I am also quite surprised as to why has Madhu Aunty gone on a veritable Jihad on the issue.

Sure it is difficult appointment, but name calling and making it such a huge issue. Yesterday Rajdeep had a well managed debate (wonder of wonders) and Madhu Aunty got herself hammered for her views by the Congress woman spokesperson as well. Which is quite an achievement. :D

On most debates, folks were hammering those who were Anti Smriti Irani on the basis of credentials or affidavit screw up (big deal) -- Arnab and others were hammering congress, and on Rajdeep's show everyone was hammering Madhu.

Wow.

It appears that most people who have met Smt Irani in person have a very high regard for her intelligence, and everyone feels that folks want HRD to focus on real things. Basic ones. Primary edu, skill development and the likes.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

HRD minister Smriti Irani responds to the huge row over the discrepancies in her affidavits. She says, "I have been judged by my organisation with regard to my capacity to deliver on assignments. Judge me be my work. Extraneous circumstances have been created to deviate my attention from the work I have been given."
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

before we close this thread.. can someone analyze or bring out various factors about amit shaw campaign in UP? what were the significant style, actions, process, methods, etc he did, and what exactly influenced people?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Modi using tunnel from 7RCR to Safdsarjung airport to avoid making congestion
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

IndraD wrote:Modi using tunnel from 7RCR to Safdsarjung airport to avoid making congestion
Is there such tunnel?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Published in niticentral today http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/29/m ... 28425.html
was constructed to evacuate PM in emergency
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

prahaar wrote: This is a very easy fulltoss for the bjp govt hit the "liberal" gumbal for a six. Get the criminalisation removed and watch them flounder trying to explain it :)
Err. Why must RSS have an opinion on everything under the sun? Why can't they just keep quiet?

I'm particularly scared for them for this attitude. They must keep mum on just about everything since it's a BJP govt now. They should just focus on their own work quietly and avoid commenting on sensitive issues.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I'd consider it must be an exercise to move away from NFU to MAD! test the tunnel out!
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

MSM Rona Dhona Thread Locked, so posting here:

Harsh Mander crying:

Is rejection of UPA the rejection of secularism, welfarism?
kumarn
BRFite

Post by kumarn »

^^^ True that! And so should Baba Ramdev and others. Now that the BJP govt is formed, they should stay away from media. Come only you see the govt deviating from the agenda.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

SaiK wrote:I'd consider it must be an exercise to move away from NFU to MAD! test the tunnel out!
whether first or second strike, nothing stops anyone from a first strike so such escape routes are needed with a couple of helicopters on 24x7 standby. POTUS has short circuited the issue by building a helipad on WH lawn itself. hope there are speedy electric rail inside to cover 1.5km inside of 3 minutes.
POTUS also has some deep bunker under his house and we should too.

its time to also build a couple of cheyenne mountain type NORAD dens.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

TSPA would be quite confused at the turn of events. Usually all they have to factor in (like that Fair video enlists) all the factors which would have been ticked by any new Indian administration and they they would get an invisible go-ahead from virginia. It's like new govt: check; aggressive posture: check; non-cooperation with US: check ... all conventional wisdom tells the pakis to go ahead and do an operation like 26/11, Kargil, 93 bomb blasts, mumbai train blasts, punjab insurgency, kashmir insurgency etc. But wht will be response .. they are not able to convincingly game this.

give peace a chance, destroy ...
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

An interesting line floated at twitter after the recent election win and it keeps ringing back in my mind.
"In choosing Narendra Modi, India has reflected its need of a strong father."
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Agnimitra wrote:Some choices can be gamed in order to bring most of the money back - as well as to do it while preserving or enhancing social capital.

One of the several choices (for selected people) can be anonymity - but the sum of money repatriated can be made public.

As long as that is done, and the repatriated money intelligently invested in the economy, I think the public will be satisfied.

a few people who are unlikely to ad to the nation's social capital can be made examples of.
Sir,
Less than 15% black money will come back.

People need to be named and shamed.

If and ONLY if, all the known money returns, there will be a depreciation of the rupee. Not a good idea. better to hold it offshore and buy arms or buy assets overseas.

Every person holding black money should be made an example of. No other deterent will work.
member_28468
BRFite

Post by member_28468 »

NaMo-bhagats dont have option but to support SI or whoever. Because after all, they have perpetuated the myths of "NaMo == Kalki" , "NaMo kabhi wrong nahi hotaa". As such, all the stories of SI's 4 digit verbal IQ , presence of mind are nonsense. SI is just as good actor who does well in scripted\paid\fixed interviews. Pramod , the man who lives 7 star lifestyles, gave SI Chandani Chowk Loksabha ticket in may-2004 because BJP needed supported of Star network's TV channels. Anyway, education ministry since 2005 has been run wholly by foreigners. SI has to sign whatever WTO ask her to sign. The next big step is FDI in schools and colleges.
:evil: :evil:

I thought Rahul je you seriously have indian interest(hindu) interest in your heart but not any more .As some one already posted you are only critical for bjp or modi or now Irani you dont do this for kongress.
You are like kongresse version of Subramanyam swami but with lot more conspiracy disappointing :|
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Sometimes the mask slips and you see the reality, the one at least I knew from the beginning...
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

habal wrote:we can also go underground, there is a lot of stability in temps about 20m's below surface. It is cool throughout the year. Imagine the savings in air conditioning and cooling bills and increase in productivity.
and imagine growing trees and farming above ? :D

but take care! life exists because of the 5 basic elements, and let not the sixth one become a sith one!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:Rahul Mehta I am going to give a warning gor trolling tomorrow.I dont have laptop now.

As promised warning delivered for trolling.

ramana
chaitanya
BRFite

Post by chaitanya »

SaiK wrote:
habal wrote:we can also go underground, there is a lot of stability in temps about 20m's below surface. It is cool throughout the year. Imagine the savings in air conditioning and cooling bills and increase in productivity.
and imagine growing trees and farming above ? :D

but take care! life exists because of the 5 basic elements, and let not the sixth one become a sith one!
I actually think it could be a great idea for cold storage facilities. Imagine a below-ground cold storage with a park or some other community space on top, you can save on space and energy.
member_28468
BRFite

Post by member_28468 »

^^i like this idea because living permanently underground is not a good idea as i saw in one documentary on discovery channel .there was a couple who lived in a old ussr bunker and used to have fights but when they have to made an outhouse on top of it. May be we need sun other than for vit. D
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

Rahul Mehta wrote:My last post on Smriti Irani chapter. NaMo-bhagats dont have option but to support SI or whoever. As such, all the stories of SI's 4 digit verbal IQ , presence of mind are nonsense. SI is just as good actor who does well in scripted\paid\fixed interviews.
Rahul Mehta-ji: I am plissed to have partially inspired your troll. You just made my day. BTW, you think good actors have low verbal IQ?

Bonus: Pic of SZI acting lesson with Israeli Ambassador. Obviously scripted.

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

heat resistant tiles must be given tax free holidays, and every house should have them on top. lot of energy savings. growing creepers on top of the homes is another implemnetation that could be encouraged.
AbhiJ
BRFite

Post by AbhiJ »

Reliance buys stake in Network18 for Rs 4,000 cr
Mukesh Ambani-promoted Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has acquired a controlling stake in media group Network18 and its subsidiary TV18 for Rs 4,000 crore. The acquisition has been formally concluded through Independent Media Trust (IMT), in which RIL is the sole beneficiary.
This suite includes In.com, IBNLive.com, Moneycontrol.com, Firstpost.com, Cricketnext.in, Homeshop18.com, Bookmyshow.com; the broadcast channels include Colors, CNN IBN, CNBC TV18, IBN7, CNBC Awaaz.
4000 Crores n Sardesai's Mushraff.

One down.
Last edited by AbhiJ on 29 May 2014 19:54, edited 2 times in total.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

panduranghari wrote: Sir,
Less than 15% black money will come back.

People need to be named and shamed.

If and ONLY if, all the known money returns, there will be a depreciation of the rupee. Not a good idea. better to hold it offshore and buy arms or buy assets overseas.

Every person holding black money should be made an example of. No other deterent will work.

Correction, not name and shame,

but

Name and Jail

Deprivation of liberty more valuable than badnam name!!

and then both fine them and seize funds

Hearts in purses. Hurt them where it hurts most.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

AbhiJ wrote:
Mukesh Ambani-promoted Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has acquired a controlling stake in media group Network18 and its subsidiary TV18 for Rs 4,000 crore. The acquisition has been formally concluded through Independent Media Trust (IMT), in which RIL is the sole beneficiary.
This suite includes In.com, IBNLive.com, Moneycontrol.com, Firstpost.com, Cricketnext.in, Homeshop18.com, Bookmyshow.com; the broadcast channels include Colors, CNN IBN, CNBC TV18, IBN7, CNBC Awaaz.
Mukesh bhai is an INC crony but is on good terms with Modi. Remains to be seen how this pans out specially for husband-wife team.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I think Cong lost 1/3rd of the battle when Ambanis sided with Modi before the election. History aside they are now firmly behind BJP this time. IMO.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Supratik wrote:
Mukesh bhai is an INC crony but is on good terms with Modi. Remains to be seen how this pans out specially for husband-wife team.
Husband-Wife team resigning by this month end & leave by June end.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

James B wrote: Husband-Wife team resigning by this month end & leave by June end.
and joining newsX ?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

BTW today again Times Now got hold of list of 10 priorities first before anyone. Proves it is firmly in good terms with BJP.