Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Singha »

so many shock waves in so many areas unleashed by just the personality of one man...

fast, powerful and deadly..its hard to predict where namo strikes next.

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Chinese Foreign Ministry visiting on June 8th. The Chinese are as fast as NaMo. NaMo is going to resonate so well with China.

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 852_1.html
Prime Minister Modi's telephone conversation with Premier Li was his first with a foreign Head of Government after taking over as Prime Minister of India.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rahul Kanwal ‏@rahulkanwal 31m

18-hour power cuts cripple Uttar Pradesh as locals allege they are being punished for voting for @narendramodi #CentreStage 10pm
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

pankajs wrote:
Rahul Kanwal ‏@rahulkanwal 31m

18-hour power cuts cripple Uttar Pradesh as locals allege they are being punished for voting for @narendramodi #CentreStage 10pm
Same thing is happening in Maharashtra. A maid from Baramati was complaining Pawars have turned off water and electricity supply because their village did not vote for them.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

no chini bhai bhai on deep levels.. free tibet should be part, so that we have a buffer in between.

chippanda participates on pure business deals only.

we don't want the crappy chippanda products flooding the streets!

we need quality products.. no GMOs, no cheap-o stuff!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

A case of acute indigestion hainji?
---------------------------------->
Narendra Modi bullied Nawaz Sharif over terrorism?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 734169.cms
ISLAMABAD: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi "bullied" his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif over terrorism at their first meeting, a writer in a Pakistani newspaper said Thursday.

Jalees Hazir said in The Nation that Modi not "only bullied him over terrorism and (the) Mumbai attack but also showed him the way forward ... brushing issues of importance to Pakistan ... under the carpet.

"The irony is that though he might not be able to say it in so many words, this also seems to be our prime minister's lopsided blueprint for peace with India," said Hazir, a freelance columnist.

A day after he took oath as India's prime minister, Modi held bilateral meetings with Sharif and leaders of other SAARC nations and Mauritius who attended his swearing in ceremony.

Pakistani officials said the Modi-Sharif meeting went off very well.

Hazir said: "Our prime minister's platitudes about peace and cooperation seemed more than a bit out of place in the face of the thorny issues highlighted by the Indian side. Had he been invited to be lectured by the new prime minister of India?

"Actually, it was Modi's harsh lecturing of a guest which was in bad taste..."

"The prime minister's desire for friendly ties with India is all very well but it obviously takes two to tango. And anyone following Modi's campaign should have known that he was in no mood to dance."
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

The Congress on Thursday suspended its senior leader TH Mustafa for his anti-Rahul Gandhi statements
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

^TH Mustafa called Raul Vinci a joker.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Narendra Modi was not alone, Jitendra Singh too was denied US visa
http://news.oneindia.in/india/narendra- ... 56239.html
Narendra Modi has been welcomed to the US after swearing-in as the Prime Minister of India, despite previous differences with the country. But there is another person in his Council of Ministers-Dr Jitendra Singh who shares the same fate. Right from the Amarnath row to being the leading voice against Article 370.Singh, a diabetologist, took early retirement from the Government Medical College, Jammu to join politics actively. He was at the forefront of controversy for his remark against Article 370. Singh's brother, Devendra Singh Rana, was on the other side of the Jammu debate. He is presently the provincial president of National Conference for Jammu and one of the most reliable associates of Omar Abdullah. Jitendra Singh, however, came to the political frame when he became the spokesperson of Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti (SAAS) that agitated for the restoration of forest land to the board. The 2008 Amarnath land agitation witnessed a divided Jammu and Kashmir, which went in favour and against the transfer of 39.88 hectares of forest land to the Board.According to DNA, the protests were rooted in the then chief minister Ghulam Nabi Azad's decision to transfer the land to the board and then retract. THis is when Singh joined politics actively. But his stint with SASB led to the denial of a US visa when he was to travel to Washington as a member of an eight-member BJP delegation to attend an interactive meet organised by International Republican Institute and the Republican Party in June 2011. However, senior BJP members have a completely different view of him. Leela Karan Sharma, former convenor of SASB, said,"Even when he was a doctor, he used to write articles in newspapers. Therefore he became the spokesman of the Board. He used to address press conferences and participate in discussions in TV debates."Fayaz Ahmad Bhat from BJP unit in Kashmir said,"It is matter of pride that an intelligent man like Jitendra Singh has been given an important position at the Centre, which will help boost the development scenario of J&K."An advisor to the BJP state president Hari Om said,"Article 370 is in our manifesto. I think Omar sahib has lost his way when he says if Article 370 goes, then the state will secede from India."
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Gentlemards yesterday I actually went to PMO website and wrote to the PM, I got a response with signature reading "Narendra Modi". I realize this is auto generated reply but I wanted to know did MMS too have one ?
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Supratik wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:
Mukesh Ambani-promoted Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has acquired a controlling stake in media group Network18 and its subsidiary TV18 for Rs 4,000 crore. The acquisition has been formally concluded through Independent Media Trust (IMT), in which RIL is the sole beneficiary.
This suite includes In.com, IBNLive.com, Moneycontrol.com, Firstpost.com, Cricketnext.in, Homeshop18.com, Bookmyshow.com; the broadcast channels include Colors, CNN IBN, CNBC TV18, IBN7, CNBC Awaaz.
Mukesh bhai is an INC crony but is on good terms with Modi. Remains to be seen how this pans out specially for husband-wife team.

Mukesh bhai is on good and influential terms with all governments
Ramesh
BRFite

Post by Ramesh »

^
Yes Negi Ji. It read THEEK HAI
Last edited by Ramesh on 29 May 2014 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

abhijitm wrote:I think Cong lost 1/3rd of the battle when Ambanis sided with Modi before the election. History aside they are now firmly behind BJP this time. IMO.

Is that a good influence?
I had read on the J&K thread that they were the key drivers behind the Indo Pak peace talks. They are very short term moolah motivated and frankly have shown no fealty to the nation. Unlike the Rockefellers and Rothies there is no nation building. The big industrial houses of the west really contributed to local society and economy as so businesses houses like Tatas, Birlas etc.
Ambanis seem to be quite extractive
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

With a strong center, they will probably be incentivized to do a lot more nation building.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Jarita wrote:
abhijitm wrote:I think Cong lost 1/3rd of the battle when Ambanis sided with Modi before the election. History aside they are now firmly behind BJP this time. IMO.

Is that a good influence?
I had read on the J&K thread that they were the key drivers behind the Indo Pak peace talks. They are very short term moolah motivated and frankly have shown no fealty to the nation. Unlike the Rockefellers and Rothies there is no nation building. The big industrial houses of the west really contributed to local society and economy as so businesses houses like Tatas, Birlas etc.

its time to chart the House of Ambani in another thread....

When Bharat Karnad briefed the Dhirubhai and his sons in 1990s about need for a Indian think tank, Mukesh piped in "Khya Fiaida hain?" Now he sets up ORF with US backing!!!!

BTW the movie Guru is quite accurate in portrayal.

In 2004 the Congress got 10-15 seats more than BJP. Anil Ambani arm twisted Mulayam Singh to support the UPA to form the government.

In Radia tapes, Mukesh says" Congress aapni dhukan hain!" and now he, his wife and his brother and his wife are seen prominently in the swearing in ceremony of NaMo.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Interesting. I think privatization and more competition from other business houses in India are incentivizing them to back Congress. If they don't do it, their market share will slowly decrease. In a way keeping the economy closed has helped them consolidate their hold over the indian market.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

I love your posts ramanna

reason being they are to the point & short

I firmly believe analysis can't be too long to be accurate
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

ramana wrote:its time to chart the House of Ambani in another thread....

When Bharat Karnad briefed the Dhirubhai and his sons in 1990s about need for a Indian think tank, Mukesh piped in "Khya Fiaida hain?" Now he sets up ORF with US backing!!!!

BTW the movie Guru is quite accurate in portrayal.

In 2004 the Congress got 10-15 seats more than BJP. Anil Ambani arm twisted Mulayam Singh to support the UPA to form the government.

In Radia tapes, Mukesh says" Congress aapni dhukan hain!" and now he, his wife and his brother and his wife are seen prominently in the swearing in ceremony of NaMo.
Well, It's all relative...The Birlas, Jindals, Bajajs have been much worse. I think the Ambanis will turn out good.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I doubt it. They are the inveterate banias. They will first ask "Isme mera kya faida?". Right now the faida is in backing Modi.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

BJB were under Indian control and now in deep decline.
Two have hafeem origins.

Ambanis are under Rockefeller control.

Tatas are under Rothschild control.
And under hafeem origins.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

But his stint with SASB led to the denial of a US visa when he was to travel to Washington as a member of an eight-member BJP delegation to attend an interactive meet organised by International Republican Institute and the Republican Party in June 2011.
Is this true? Shows how lopsided diplomatic VISA policies could be 'internationally'. Even bluff masters who claim to cure cancer in religious way are given VISA to India. But not SASB.

What is the issue of USA against SASB? Are USA citizens, the most fair the world over, against consolidation by Kashmiri Hindus in particular and Hindus in general?
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

ramana wrote:BJB were under Indian control and now in deep decline.
Two have hafeem origins.

Ambanis are under Rockefeller control.

Tatas are under Rothschild control.
And under hafeem origins.
Ramana gaaru,
please point towards some reading material on this interesting topic. :)
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Ramana ji, For uninitiated like me, kindly can you tell me who is Hafeem and how Hafeem along with Rockefeller and Rothschild are influencing other Indian business houses?

Thanks
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Baba, hafeem is opium.

EIC is opium processing entity.

Just follow Bji's posts in this forum.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Madhu Kishwar @madhukishwar
Congratulationa to @ArvindKejriwal ' s daughter for doing so well in tough class 12 exams despite such upheavals in family life

clearly she is quite pissed off with some expectation not getting fulfilled.
Now trying to come across as neutral.

added later
Madhu Kishwar @madhukishwar · May 28
Sumitra Mahajan- role model for women politicians. In quiet dignified way built own pol base. MP winner 8 times. Not dependent on godfathers
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

ramana wrote:Baba, hafeem is opium.

:rotfl: :(( Ramana gaaru, I was hoping you would point to some material which I could read up to know more on this topic. I have read Bji's posts but they are sort of cryptic. Is there no detailed reading material? I thought you would know, so asking you.

----
It seems to me that Modi is testing Madhu aunty and she is failing. It seems to be a loyalty test and she seems to fairing badly. Madhu aunty should have atleast waited for some more time for the rewards and then launched attacks if they didn't come. Now that she has launched attacks, Modi may not be in mood to give her rewards. I think Madhu aunty should do some downhill sking and then wait for sometime. I think she'll get her rewards within an year if she can downhill ski now. But if she continues on this path, then soon she'll part ways with Modi. (Remember that Smruthi also was a Modi opponent once and later down-hill skied. So, there is no shame in down-hill skiing).

BTW, was Madhu aunty expecting HRD ministry or some type of accommodation in HRD ministry?
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

negi wrote:Gentlemards yesterday I actually went to PMO website and wrote to the PM, I got a response with signature reading "Narendra Modi". I realize this is auto generated reply but I wanted to know did MMS too have one ?
May be he had one. It was possibly signed PP Sonia Gandhi. PP stands for Pankaj Pachauri. :D
member_27987
BRFite

Post by member_27987 »

johneeG wrote: It seems to me that Modi is testing Madhu aunty and she is failing. It seems to be a loyalty test and she seems to fairing badly. Madhu aunty should have atleast waited for some more time for the rewards and then launched attacks if they didn't come. Now that she has launched attacks, Modi may not be in mood to give her rewards. I think Madhu aunty should do some downhill sking and then wait for sometime. I think she'll get her rewards within an year if she can downhill ski now. But if she continues on this path, then soon she'll part ways with Modi. (Remember that Smruthi also was a Modi opponent once and later down-hill skied. So, there is no shame in down-hill skiing).

BTW, was Madhu aunty expecting HRD ministry or some type of accommodation in HRD ministry?
+1

I think she is expecting she should have been a cabinet minister and in her brain she thinks she deserves the position that Smriti has. A case of jealousy/greed. From what I can see, Congress fell into that trap and is now trying to fit as many feet as it can into it's mouth. Madhu's tweet having a go at congress as well as Smriti tells us - she really doesn't want Modi government to be criticised but wants that post
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Oh Got it Thanks! What Googlified by Hafeem word, thought some new Dubai connection name...
I knew about Parsis and other communities getting rich via Afeem trade.. Read it here at BRF only.

Thanks for clarification
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Not sure how to say it, but here goes a little defense of banias.

Post independence, opium wars are over. Free people of India China Israel are free to celebrate any particular day as opium free day, or turn gandhi jayanti also as opium free day. Point is parsee or Jews or such can't be blamed for opium trade that is used as instrument of chaos by powers that were and are post independence.

Opium can't be blamed either, obviously!

This is something similar to blue on blue in forums due to barbaric colonial times or earlier barbaric sultanate times.

2 coins only.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

vishvak wrote:
But his stint with SASB led to the denial of a US visa when he was to travel to Washington as a member of an eight-member BJP delegation to attend an interactive meet organised by International Republican Institute and the Republican Party in June 2011.
Is this true? Shows how lopsided diplomatic VISA policies could be 'internationally'. Even bluff masters who claim to cure cancer in religious way are given VISA to India. But not SASB.

What is the issue of USA against SASB? Are USA citizens, the most fair the world over, against consolidation by Kashmiri Hindus in particular and Hindus in general?
US is a country run by two entities: (1) Traders trying to sell products to the whole world by hook or by crook, and (2) Jesus freaks running church empires and looking to harvest souls (paying customers) among heathens worldwide. All its policies exist only to serve the interests of these two groups. It will continue to target all leaders articulating Hindu interests to make the work of Jesus freaks easier.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

johneeG wrote:

:rotfl: :(( Ramana gaaru, I was hoping you would point to some material which I could read up to know more on this topic. I have read Bji's posts but they are sort of cryptic. Is there no detailed reading material? I thought you would know, so asking you.
Read two books by Amitav Ghosh: Sea of Poppies and River of Smoke. These are historical fiction set in the milieu of 19th century opium trade by EIC to China.

Also read this interview of his:
http://www.mo.be/en/article/amitav-ghos ... -cash-crop

Here is another exchange with him:
There are many curious parallels between the situation in the early 19th century and now. Then as now the western world had a huge trade deficit in relation to China. This was why the British East India Company started exporting opium to China on a large scale – with catastrophic consequences for that country. Eventually of course the British went to war against China in the name of Free Trade - even though the main commodity that they were exporting, opium, was produced under a state monopoly in the Bengal Presidency!

No one who has looked at the history of that period can doubt that some Western powers would go to any lengths to preserve their economic supremacy – but of course they cannot today resort to quite the same means that they did in the 1830s and 1840s. What they are doing instead is that they are ratcheting up the rhetoric about ‘Free Trade’ ‘Liberalization’ etc. The Western powers have chosen to forget that this rhetoric was first deployed in defence of opium – but if there is any country that is well-placed to remember this fact it is China. So they are quite rightly completely dismissive of this rhetoric.
In India on the other hand a large section of the political elite has also become fervently evangelical about ‘Free Trade’. This is possible perhaps because India has largely forgotten its own involvement in the opium trade. This is true even of historians.

I know of several historians who have written about other agricultural commodities like sugarcane, cotton etc. Yet opium, which according to one scholar, may have accounted for as much as half the wealth that accrued to the colonial government, has received very little attention. Only one contemporary Indian historian has written about this subject - Amar Farooqui. His work is outstanding but he has concentrated, understandably, on only one aspect of this gigantic subject - that is the opium trade in Western India. But the bulk of the opium produced in India in the early 19th century came from the East - from Bihar. Very few historians have dealt with this subject in any detail. Why? One can only speculate. One possible reason is that the writing of Indian history is still heavily influenced, through patronage and other means, by British institutions, which clearly have no interest into delving into this aspect of the past. Indians equally, for reasons of shame or guilt or whatever, prefer not to dwell on this. Amar Farooqui once told me that he'd been trying for years to interest his research students in this subject but they just would not touch it. Contemporary India has developed a vision of itself as straitlaced, spiritual etc. and we've chosen to forget that much of modern India was actually built on this drug. Amar Farooqui for example, has shown in his book, Bombay: Opium City that Bombay probably would not exist but for opium.

As for similarities between past and present there were clear parallelisms between the Iraq war and the Opium War, most of all in the discourses that surround them. There is all this evangelical stuff, this assumed piety: ‘we are doing good for the world’. But beneath that there is the most horrific violence, the most horrific avarice and greed. I was writing the novel at a time when this kind of capitalist ideology was absolutely in its ascendant, where it was thought that the market was God. Within this context, it just baffled me that people could not see that for Free Traders, the first major testing ground was opium. All of that has been erased from memory.
Source: http://www.amitavghosh.com/interviews.html#gpm1_3
Last edited by SanjayC on 30 May 2014 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:e="Jarita"]
abhijitm wrote:I think Cong lost 1/3rd of the battle when Ambanis sided with Modi before the election. History aside they are now firmly behind BJP this time. IMO.When Bharat Karnad briefed the Dhirubhai and his sons in 1990s about need for a Indian think tank, Mukesh piped in "Khya Fiaida hain?" Now he sets up ORF with US backing!!!!BTW the movie Guru is quite accurate in portrayal.InIn Radia tapes, Mukesh says" Congress aapni dhukan hain!" and now he, his wife and his brother and his wife are seen prominently in the swearing in ceremony of NaMo.
As per Forbes, Ambani wealth went up by 3.2 Billion in a week with Modi's win. He was the biggest gainer of wealth amobng billionaires of the world.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If Ambani's wealth went up by such an amount the overall wealth of India went up much more that week.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

How is Ambani's wealth growing a surprise ? The market went up by a lot once the May 16 mandate was clear. Reliance is the company with the largest market cap. Ambani's wealth is in Reliance equity. Naturally he stands to gain or lose the most in every major market movement.

As for FDI in defence, I'm probably one of the silent many who ask 'WHAT is that ?' Serious question onlee. Can someone start a thread in Mil Forum and explain:
* What is the current issue set ?
* Where is expertise needed ?
* What precisely is 'FDI in defence' ?
* How does the need of the foreign investor align with our need ?

There's an ongoing discussion in the Indian Economy thread about FDI in retail. I explained there how retail FDI doesn't necessarily align with what matters to us. The discussion has been quite fruitful, with others like muraliravi, Theo, amit et al weighing in. It would really help to have a thread in Mil Forum for FDI in Defence, or any topic aligned with the imperatives of the current government, so BRF can understand and debate details knowledgeably.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Swamy Aiyer in his TOI blog says the liquidity crisis has been wiped out in the last few days. Even DLF has been able to mop up 520 crores from available liquidity. HE says the problem may be of a bubble if not tackled properly, but liquidity is no longer an issue. And if this is true, an i do beleive SSA..Modi has already turned tables around from the past 2 years of despondency.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Just realized this. If Modi delivers in 5 years on Varanasi, the millions who visit the ancient, holy town will see & take back the message to their hometowns & villages.

Amit Shah ropes conquers new lands and Modi consolidates .

2019 is being planned for now.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Most of the "Parsi" origin Indians were living in Bombay in 17th-18th century and were in trade of

1. ship building.
2. Transporting Afeem/Opium to China.

Thus by association these guys were doing the same thing that Dawood from Dubai is doing now!!

If later generations of Dawood decided to invest in "legit" business they will be just like India's Tata's!!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Neela, Modi needs to deliver at all river points. inter-linking and embolding/empower the organic farming networks. that ij all! magick done with the electricity and roads infrastructure plan.

on hygiene front ton of work remains, but that is one thing that needs a global plan for all states in one shot!
Last edited by SaiK on 30 May 2014 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Jarita wrote:Unlike the Rockefellers and Rothies there is no nation building. The big industrial houses of the west really contributed to local society and economy as so businesses houses like Tatas, Birlas etc.
Please read about Rockefillers & Rothies first.