India-US Strategic News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
habal
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US Strategic News and Discussion

Post by habal »

matrimc wrote:Why no criticism of Secy. Kerry
why criticize a well-known war criminal in non-anglo world ? Kerry positions himself as the butcher of Syria and utters lies as if it's his only business. You did note his track record in the west asia thread during height of Syrian crises. Not a single word he spoke for two months was the truth, and I felt it was a record for an international diplomat, so much so that he began to resemble a cephalopod or some strange creature. And he hopped from continent to continent just for lies. Same goes for Obama and SD in varying degrees.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

I will just leave this, here quietly.

ps - thank you for the motivation, will geet me off the procastination.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

It is very fishy that GOTUS released 5 hardcore Talibs in exchange for a deserted and discredited soldier. My guess is that some deal has been worked out with the Tabliban for exchange of their key prisoners. To keep it under the wraps and sell it sweetly to gullible US public, the ruse of soldier exchange is used. Now it is for experts who keenly watch the Af-Pak space to speculate on what exactly could have been the bargaining points?

BTW, I do expect to see the Af-Pak national birds to keep track of freed Talibs (they might even have GPS chips surgically implanted). They might be taken out in the next two years by the time the last us battalion flies back home.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Gus wrote:
Theo_Fidel wrote:And no, you don't have to pay taxes to have a child in USA.
can you go easy with the patronising advices and proclamations? you are not the only know-it-all here and i am certainly not from aandipatti for you to explain, poorly and out of context, the way things work in US.

in the context of a work visa holder in US, expecting a child

you said - "If you had your child in USA you used a USA system to have the birth. Hospitals, freeways, ambulance, doctors, birth certificate, etc. etc.You can always have the child in India for a $2,000 flight ticket. $4,000 if to make sure both parents are there. I know a couple who did this many years ago."

i replied for the emphasised part - that i am paying taxes for the upkeep of the system and the insurance in US.

and you go on more free advice, rah rah usa usa..seriously, we all know massa is great. no need to drum it again and again without context.

You make an American parents child India citizen, be prepared to spend like America to save the child as well.
that is just totally irrelevant.

all i wanted was an option for my kid to have indian citizenship and not a forced american citizenship. this can be easily done by the US giving an option to US born kids to defer the choice until 18/21 when the kid can apply/reclaim/renounce.

there is no "takleef" here for you to explain how it works as though you are the dubai return vadivelu and we are the local tea shop guy.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Raja Ram wrote:With regard to Preet Bahrara, as a prosecutor he failed to convince his judge that he had even the authority to indict. That does not speak well of his professional competence. As a quasi politico, he failed to read the ramifications of his act before and after the arrest, and that does not speak well of his political assessment and sense. As an aspirant of higher office and image builder, his remarks at Harvard, that include statements like "criticism of his actions are stupid" and Khobragade has committed "crime", which his own courts were disinclined to even examine, shows him to be an arrogant person. It does not speak well of him as a good image builder.

Above all, his assertion that he was not the man who called the shots but it was the nameless faceless professionals of SD and his own office proves that he does not have the courage to stand by his decision and action. That does not speak well for a person who is afraid to accept the consequence of his own decision if it goes wrong.

All in all, he is a nobody, who is gutless, brainless, inefficient, arrogant and ambitious non performer - he checks all the boxes to aspire for high constitutional offices in the USA!
Super post. Can I use it elsewhere?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

matrimc wrote:Shiv: with all due respect sir, what you wrote above is very poorly thought out and devoid of any logic. Preet Bharara is an American citizen - whether his father was an Indian citizen at one time who became a US citizen is totally irrelevant to P. Bharara Esq holding up the laws of the country he is a citizen of and his promise to hold up the responsibilities of his office have nothing to do with his country of origin, his skin color, his religion, or his accent, his level of education, or his being "Uncle Tom" (if that is the case) or any other personal attributes. If SD personnel call the shots and are his superiors in the pecking order as ordained by American law, any amount of ranting from anywhere is not going to change the ground situation unless of course the American people trough their elected representatives change it.

'Nuff said.
LOL! Not at all. In fact what you said only reinforces my statement and Bharara looks even worse. Your defence of Preet Bharara is on the lines of the statement that Nazi soldiers who herded Jews into concentration camps were innocent of wrongdoing because they were following orders. The people who gave them orders were guilty. In other words the Nazi soldiers were unthinking automatons who simply and obediently did what they were told.

Now look at Preet Bharara. Born in India to a doctor father. The father migrated to the US. Bharara reached the US and became a US citizen because his father was a privileged Indian who came from a family that was able to educate him in the 1960s - a privilege that over 95% of Indians in the 1960s did not have. Bharara inherited privileges just like any upper caste Indian is accused of doing, and he simply "became American" and forgot what actually got him there. Preet Bharara does not know this (or does not acknowledge it) and now he is a loyal US citizen blindly following the orders of his state department superiors like that unthinkingly dull Nazi automaton foot soldier. He is simply a cog in a machine without the brains or conscience to figure out why he is where he is. But he has an oversize ego. If this is the quality of a top notch lawyer in the US then I feel only contempt for this ignoramus. You are welcome to defend him but my opinion of him stays.

If Indian society represents slavery and oppression of people by the privileged, then privileged Indians who go to the US as a result of a privileged education and then get to high US government positions carry the same guilt of oppression of the less privileged. If they or their ancestors are/were not guilty of slavery and discrimination they should be able to state that openly rather than trying to pull in other Indians as if those other privileged Indians are all slavers, hiding behind the lame excuse that they are now Americans following American orders.

The excuse that Bharara is merely an employee of the US and therefore not guilty is a weak one.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

@ merlin,

sure anywhere you want
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Del
Last edited by svenkat on 02 Jun 2014 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
member_28539
BRFite

Post by member_28539 »

LOL! Not at all. In fact what you said only reinforces my statement and Bharara looks even worse. Your defence of Preet Bharara is on the lines of the statement that Nazi soldiers who herded Jews into concentration camps were innocent of wrongdoing because they were following orders. The people who gave them orders were guilty. In other words the Nazi soldiers were unthinking automatons who simply and obediently did what they were told.
Well said Shiv Sir!
PB cannot get away with this, specially his pompusness when dealing with criticism...he is a bloody black coat (no discrespect meant to the profession here) who happens to lick on a white chocolate (if you know what i mean) in a firang land :roll:
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

I wonder why we are not upholding the rule of law in our country by shutting down the school which has been evading taxes and also filed charge-sheets against those people who evaded or help evade taxes in our country. Some of them have also committed visa fraud by taking up professions without appropriate visa approvals. This along with action against officials of the ACSA which was also involved in misuse of diplomatic priviledges.
These cases can go on in parallel.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Fantastic set of posts on the bharara guy, shiv. Very useful to counter some of the "he is one of us who made it big" crowd which defends his actions.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

matrimcJi,

I agree the real culprits for subjecting DK to custodial rape are Kerrorist and his gang in the SD. But I cannot tell you the number of Indians who really believe this Uncle Tom PB was "upholding the law". Whatever DK may have done or not done, those of us who understand US and its policies know that what DK was subjected to has nothing to do with so called breaking the law. As I said, misdemeanors like that, especially involving diplomats from friendly countries could be dealt with in more respectable ways. (Furthermore, if US genuinely wants to talk about treatment of maids in the larger context of "human rights", it needs shed aside this my shit stinks better than yours attitude).

But coming to the larger issue at hand we are discussing, as to why Indian Americans take it upon themselves to piss on their own when they are given a few pennies of power, DoCJi is making the insightful point that these clowns have left one privileged pedestal to join another, and the latter pedestal of privilege confers the roles of prosecutor, judge, and jury to judge everybody else they deem as "less" based on very selective skillful application of the so called law depending on what US interests are at stake. And these Uncle Toms like PB, NB (Does ModiJi has to prostrate before this 2-bit entity when she visits Delhi?) are automated robots executing what is expected of them, and they do so with an arrogant sense of self importance of "having arrived".
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Not a fan Bharara. Especially after the DK affair was handled.

However, let us take the 'good soldier' leading Jews to the gas chamber under orders etc. and turn it on its head.

What PB had said in the DK or Rajat Gupta cases : "Sorry, I cannot prosecute my own kind. I resign".?

Would that have helped blunt the Uncle Tom jibe? Would that have helped Indians in the US? Not the NRIs and OCIs etc but the H1B, the students?
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Cosmo_R wrote:Not a fan Bharara. Especially after the DK affair was handled.

However, let us take the 'good soldier' leading Jews to the gas chamber under orders etc. and turn it on its head.

What PB had said in the DK or Rajat Gupta cases : "Sorry, I cannot prosecute my own kind. I resign".?

Would that have helped blunt the Uncle Tom jibe? Would that have helped Indians in the US? Not the NRIs and OCIs etc but the H1B, the students?

He could have said, " no custodial rape for DK." He could have avoided saying 'DK was treated better than most Americans'. He could have said 'DK has immunity'
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

>>And no, you don't have to pay taxes to have a child in USA. It is required by law that all are treated. I know one couple on H1B recently who had a 23 week premie. There is no chance the child would have survived in India. USA system paid to helicopter medivac the kid, and 6 months of NICU. And years of therapy to rear the kid who is now doing fine. $ 1 Million + has been spent.

he could have survived in India...and the same NICU would not have cost that much...maybe million INR...Not million USD...survival rates for <25 weeks are poor in both countries..a 23 week making it to adulthood is miracle anywhere in the world in spite of best of care and will make it to newspaper headlines in US or India..
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

apponit dk to meet and discuss with nina and enjoy.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This forum is full of rabid anti-Americans. I am going to start a Campaign for
Preet "Ham. Burger" Bharara as President
, since Hillary C has as much chance as the proverbial snowflake in Saudi Arabia.

I mean, look at the facts: Ejjikated (Hahvahd, no less?) Culchared (chote-chote-din se bhi acchee tarah Angreji mein baat karta hai), (f)Articulate (dil hai Micro, muh hai Macro),
Tough on Law Enforcement (against the meek) Meek and Humble (against the Tough) and Knows His Place (as one of dem San* ******s), Diverse, Fashionable...

Rnt u glad HIS parents got him a Yoo Ess passport when he was little? The IQ of 2 countries would have dropped otherwise :eek:

What more can one ask? Also makes Republican Presidents such as Dubya look Smart and Intelligent.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 02 Jun 2014 19:30, edited 2 times in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

sorry. not born in US. not qualified.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Cosmo_R wrote: What PB had said in the DK or Rajat Gupta cases : "Sorry, I cannot prosecute my own kind. I resign".?

Did he custodially rape Rajat Gupta?
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

As I understand Indian Law does not permit foreign ownership or control of a Primary School, therefor AES is prima facie illegal. Also Preet dishonest Barara is not prosecuting Americans working at AES who failed to pay US taxes on Indian Salaries.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Raja Ram wrote:@ merlin,

sure anywhere you want
Thanks! Can I attribute it to you (or rather your handle, if that's not your real name)?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

CRamS wrote: the insightful point that these clowns have left one privileged pedestal to join another, and the latter pedestal of privilege confers the roles of prosecutor, judge, and jury to judge everybody else they deem as "less" based on very selective skillful application of the so called law depending on what US interests are at stake. And these Uncle Toms like PB, NB (Does ModiJi has to prostrate before this 2-bit entity when she visits Delhi?) are automated robots executing what is expected of them, and they do so with an arrogant sense of self importance of "having arrived".
All of us - and that includes you and me are privileged in the same way that Bharara (or his father) was privileged. If some entity in the US figures out what I am saying - almost every Indian in the US can technically be asked if he is from a privileged background which has fostered slavery. Clearly the answer is no. None of us support slavery or ensure that the system that appears like slavery continues. We are not guilty - and why that is so is an entire other topic.

The act of Bharara imagining that he represents some superior set of human values whose followers are duty bound to indict privileged Indians as real or potential slavers would be deeply hypocritical. But acting like he does not know anything about all this and he is simply a full blooded American implementing American laws on Indians would be profound stupidity precisely because he is of Indian origin. No one needs to give me the old "America is a melting pot - every immigrant becomes American" crap. The US's melting pot goes only so far and no further and India has claim to that melting pot title going back several millennia
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

merlin wrote:
Cosmo_R wrote: What PB had said in the DK or Rajat Gupta cases : "Sorry, I cannot prosecute my own kind. I resign".?

Did he custodially rape Rajat Gupta?
Not that I'm aware of. The point about Rajat Gupta was that PB was also accused of being an Uncle Tom when he prosecuted RG.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Raja Ram wrote:The great prosecutor Mr. Preet Behara speaketh at Harvard, says he is upset over the "stupid" criticism over La Affaire Khobragade!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 888112.cms

Poor fellow he claims he was doing what was told and nothing more! It was all US State Department operation all the way!!

This part is true. Shani makes people tell the truth even if they want to tell lies.

PB's mandate was to go after the Indians on Wall Street and make an example of that. Not one non-Indian got his love for the 2008 financial misdeeds but Indians got tarred and featherd as Brer Rabbit would say.

He was told to go after Indian diplomats and make an example by putting the tire of "Human Trafficking" on India and lighting it, while the biggest offender in monetary terms is USA. Ref. All over the internet. Google chacha will help you.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

TKiran wrote:He could have said 'DK has immunity'
I don't doubt that he could have handled the situation better especially the husband/child? spiriting from India.

He's not the one who makes the call. It's the DoS and its bureau of diplomatic security who are a bunch of thugs much like the DEA.

Everyone who gets arrested, gets cavity searched as part of the 'process'. Calling it custodial rape is a bit extreme but I'll go along with that if it is also applied to everyone arrested and cavity searched. DK was not singled out in that sense.

That said, if 'visa violation' is a serious crime, I'm surprised they let all the American school teachers get away w/o cavity searches. Their visa violation was compounded by tax evasion.

It's also pretty rich that the US is now hoping that a Modi government will be more amenable to accommodating this status quo ante. Back taxes, compounded at 18% annually since 1954 could be a good starting point.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

svenkat wrote:Del
Svenkat garu,
Please to stop deleting your posts before people(in this case moi) can read them.
I was quickly scanning the thread in the evening and came across your post and thought i will read it later .
Now i come back and see that its gone . Poof !
I notice you do this a lot for some reason i cannot fathom ,but please to let your posts exist for a bit longer :lol: :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another news Rajat Gupta has been denied bail and is being sent to the slammer.
A "Dogged" pursuit by PB till the last moments of the trail had secured this victory for the US Justice system, and demonstrated that in US no one,eye REPEAT No one can escape the long probing fingers of the law.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA....
Rajat Gupta's plea to stay prison surrender date should be denied - PB

Rajat Gupta's plea seeking a stay on his surrender to prison next month on insider trading charges and to be free on bail till his case is reheard has been opposed by US prosecutor Preet Bharara who said the former Goldman Sachs director's arguments lack merit.

Bharara submitted a 20-page opposition to Gupta's motion to stay the district court's order that he surrender to prison on June 17. Bharara has also asked the US Court of Appeals to deny the 65-year-old Gupta's motion, filed earlier this month, that his bail be continued pending resolution of his petition for rehearing the insider trading case.

Bharara said the surrender date of June 17 was proposed by Gupta's counsel following discussions with the prosecution after Gupta's convictions were upheld by a federal court. The district court's order directing Gupta to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons on June 17 was "issued on Gupta's consent," Bharara said in the motion.

"Gupta's motion to stay the surrender date and continue bail pending his anticipated petition for certiorari should be denied....(His) motion... Lacks merit. Gupta's motion curiously omits any reference to the fact that he consented to the District Court's entry of the surrender order that he now asks this Court to stay," Bharara said.

"Gupta's decision to agree to surrender and negotiate an acceptable surrender date, rather than contest the prospect of surrendering and risk having a less favourable surrender date set over his objection, was a strategic choice that constitutes a complete waiver of any challenge to the surrender order that the District Court thereafter issued," the motion added.

After a federal jury had found Gupta guilty in 2012 of passing confidential boardroom information to his hedge fund friend Raj Rajaratnam, he was sentenced to two years in prison, ordered to pay $5 million in fine and a separate $6 million in restitution to Goldman Sachs.

Gupta had challenged his conviction, contending that he is entitled to a new trial on the grounds that the trial court erred by admitting statements of a co-conspirator, recorded in wiretapped telephone conversations to which Gupta was not a party, and by excluding relevant evidence offered by Gupta.

The Harvard-educated former McKinsey head however lost his appeal to overturn his conviction and was ordered in April to surrender and begin his two-year jail sentence on June 17.

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 166_1.html
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

From a blog - some more info on bergdahl search in past 5 yrs

http://www.bouhammer.com/2014/06/guest- ... -him-back/
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

@ merlin, yeah you can attribute it to me and my twitter handle. I operate with my real name. Nothing much to hide for an ordinary Indian :)

ramana,

PB may be saying the truth when he claims it was not he who decided to go after DK and it was SD that decided to do so and came to his office to press charges. It would sound more credible if he had taken the line since Day 1. He was more interested in portraying himself to be the fearless crusader who will fight for justice and strutted about saying the most inane things. Now taking this line just exposes him for what he is. A low level, not too bright functionary who is arrogant and ambitious yet servile enough to serve his masters!
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Cosmo_Rji, the point is he got the orders 2 days before hand as admitted by PB. You r claiming that he was totally helpless. My disagreement is precisely that. He had sufficient time and resources to handle the situation prudently . He intentionally did nothing to avoid custodial rape (he knew pretty well about that), in fact, he intentionally humiliated DK more than what his masters had asked him to do. Prima facie he is guilty.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Cosmo_R wrote: Everyone who gets arrested, gets cavity searched as part of the 'process'. Calling it custodial rape is a bit extreme but I'll go along with that if it is also applied to everyone arrested and cavity searched. DK was not singled out in that sense.
While it is part of standard procedure, from what I understand, cavity search is not mandated. The authorities have the power to use their discretion to apply it or not and that too it is applied only for criminal offenders. Either NYPD is totally inept in not applying their discretion or took orders from SD to humiliate DK or some NYPD wanted to show Indian diplomat who is the boss.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

@schinnas ^^^: It may not be mandatory but it appears to be pretty common:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/ccrb/downloads/ ... letter.pdf

This piece seems to put the blame entirely on the DoS
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Gus wrote:all i wanted was an option for my kid to have indian citizenship and not a forced american citizenship. this can be easily done by the US giving an option to US born kids to defer the choice until 18/21 when the kid can apply/reclaim/renounce.

there is no "takleef" here for you to explain how it works as though you are the dubai return vadivelu and we are the local tea shop guy.
Ignoring all the random name calling….
---------------

By your logic the child would have no citizenship at all till 18. How can this be fair. One can imagine all kinds of unfortunate situations the child might end up in.

There are many things the USA does wrong but on this they are correct. Citizenship must be at birth, automatic and uniform. I think India should have a similar law as well.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

No, "custodial rape" is not overstatement. It is an exact description of the procedure.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

US criminal justice system mainly run by executive establishment. Please do not cross it and once you do there is little chance of any justice. Remember that film director who went to jail for a year or on the allegation that he lied to a fedaral officer who just phoned and asked if he engaed a investegator who later found to be using illegation methods. Just imagine - you got a phone call from someone claiming to be police and you said something to him and BANG - You lied to police and go to jail. That is how US justice works. No serious chaces in any appeal once you are convicted. Poor and homeless have little chace of serviving any arrest and come out free.

Basic fact is some of the Indians who live in US lost all civilisational connection with Indic values. They are basically Brown Sepoys who do not really know or care about the current nature of US They are mostly upper levels of US system and mainly Bania type and glorified servents to whites. People like Jindal even convert to go up in politics.

What was gone to DK is a rape under the India law. It may not be in US law. But it is certainly considered as sexual attack anywhere in the world.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Bahut executive! So there is little chance of USA senate approving international conventions on diplomacy.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Theo_Fidel wrote:By your logic the child would have no citizenship at all till 18. How can this be fair. One can imagine all kinds of unfortunate situations the child might end up in.
ada kadavule....

the kid has claim to indian citizenship by virtue of having born to indian parents.

this is not rocket science.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Gus wrote:the kid has claim to indian citizenship by virtue of having born to indian parents.
Love to see you try that one on Indian immigration. Kid has squat without GOI agreeing.
-----------------

Which brings me to...

Take DK. Would her kids even get Indian citizenship considering father is American and mother has GC.
Last edited by Theo_Fidel on 03 Jun 2014 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

shiv wrote: LOL! Not at all. In fact what you said only reinforces my statement and Bharara looks even worse. Your defence of Preet Bharara is on the lines of the statement that Nazi soldiers who herded Jews into concentration camps were innocent of wrongdoing because they were following orders. The people who gave them orders were guilty. In other words the Nazi soldiers were unthinking automatons who simply and obediently did what they were told.
Shiv ji: Just like I am unable to understand the point you are trying to make, I think what I am saying is going past you (may be entirely due to my non-command of the English language). Let me put it this way - I am not defending anyone in particular - neither PB, nor DoS, not even DK.

My objection is to your over-generalization of PIOs (people of Indian origin in a non-legal sense - may be I better use PIOINLS) who are working/studying/living in US based on a sample of one (or two or three - if you want to include Jindal and/or Haley). This is exactly the same argument turned around on those who are generalizing the entire Indian social structure based on the one or two examples - DK, Krittika Biswas, and wasn't there the case of another Indian diplomat too?

Or is it simply the case that you perceive that they are over-generalizing and you are showing a mirror. Fine, say so instead of rehashing the same point in several different ways.

In any case I am concluding by the application of Godwin's law that you don't have any other argument to put forward. Here is a link in case people want to look up what the law is and it's applications and exceptions (under whose purview the US administration does not come - PB, or DOS or even President Obama).

Godwin's law
There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.
No more from me and just in time too (now that SHQ is breathing down my neck to take care of the piles of papers strewn all over my study and desk and piles of books on the floor along with bits and pieces of electronics and cables) :)
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Theo_Fidel wrote:
Love to see you try that one on Indian immigration. Kid has squat without GOI agreeing.
-----------------

Which brings me to...

Take DK. Would her kids even get Indian citizenship considering father is American and mother has GC.
why are you prolonging the misery?

do you even understand the issue here or just say something that has no basis on facts or context.

Person born outside India on or after 10 December 1992 are considered as citizens of India if either of their parents is a citizen of India at the time of their birth.

ONLY because my US born daughter has an american passport, which the US forces on her giving her no choice, she cannot go for indian citizenship, because india does not allow dual and will only give her citizenship after she renounces US after 18.

again, this is really simple. for those who can take a minute and read what the issue is and reply accordingly.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

What agony.

And what are you talking about. After 2004, BOTH parents MUST be legal Indian citizens at birth for the child to get citizenship. No matter where the child is born. You think this is better?

You are claiming that because your daughter is inconvenienced the USA should change its 200+ year old citizenship system to suit your circumstance. And you are not even a USA citizen! I mean you knew this before you had the child right. I say it is a failure of planning to have the child in USA if you plan to have her live as Indian onlee. Or have children when back in India. Many others do that as well.