Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 21 Apr 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 21 Apr

Post by Vikas »

STFU-TSP opinion makers are reacting to Prime Minister NaMo as if NaMo is PM of the subcontinent and has to take care of province called Pakistan hence all the pleading and expectations :)
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Captions Please!

Methinks it is the after effects of Nawaz meeting Modi.

Cheers Image
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

^^"hmmph.. All outta vajjelin.. Need to stock up again.. (sigh)"
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^"So that's what Hindutva means"
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I wish, as a Pakistani and a political analyst, that the Indian Prime Minister had asked his Pakistani counterpart, Nawaz Sharif, to prepare for a permanent “No War Pact” with Pakistan. I wish Modi had proposed a “No military or political hostilities” MOU between the two nations. I wish Modi had recommended a “Joint Indo-Pak Commission for Conflict Resolution.” I wish Modi had suggested a “Joint Indo-Pak Military Command Structure,” a “Joint Indo-Pak Commission,” a “Joint Indo-Pak Initiative for a Non-Alignment Movement,” or a “Joint Indo-Pak Initiative for Global Political Coordination.However, above and beyond all of these proposals, I wish Modi had accepted the Pakistani Prime Minister’s invitation to visit Pakistan. I wish Modi had agreed and given an exact date for his Pakistani visit. I wish Modi had physically embraced Nawaz Sharif and said to him that he would be in Islamabad during the coming Eid celebrations to be part of the most sacred Muslim religious celebrations. Imagine the impact of such an act of visionary statesmanship: the entire Pakistani nation would be overwhelmed by such an act of humanitarian generosity. Modi’s stature as an outstanding statesman in the entire Muslim world would have been established and, last but not least, Indian Muslims, 175 million of them (as well as the other minorities), would finally put to rest the fear that Modi’s BJP India will be the Hindu majoritarian domination era.My thesis is that there has to be a fundamental paradigm shift from a “Real Politik” approach to conflict-resolution – to a humanistic-ethical discourse.
Prem Ji, regret i wont open the link and read it. But my comments are based on the above: The last part obviously indicates the retard links Visionary Statesmanship with Pappi Jhappi sentiments. But if he really looks into what our Psecs have been doing all along it is exactly what he has recommended in the above. Many of those initiatives have been rebuffed by the Pak establishement, but there is certainly no dearth of Indian left liberals salivating and partaking in the aftermath of the bloody rituals of goat and cow slaughter that Eid entails.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

HarbansJi, the other day, I saw an interview that moron Thappad did on HT with TSP birkin babe. And just as the doctor ordered, he was sharing such a bonhomie with the babe that their discussion on what India should do was along the above lines.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Ram ji, the eagerness and propensity to please and appease transcends the simplest basic common sense. One's culture, history, philosophy, uniqueness can all be thrown into the dustbin amidst the carnival of appeasement.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Jhujar wrote:Simply Retard Wise Crack
I wish Modi had recommended a “Joint Indo-Pak Commission for Conflict Resolution.” I wish Modi had suggested a “Joint Indo-Pak Military Command Structure,” a “Joint Indo-Pak Commission,” a “Joint Indo-Pak Initiative for a Non-Alignment Movement,” or a “Joint Indo-Pak Initiative for Global Political Coordination.
This is a desperate Paki plea for shitistan to be recognized as India's equal so we do things jointly. Stupid buffoon.
Ramu
BRFite

Post by Ramu »

Where Narendra Modi erred
The author was on a bob marley-joint at the time of writing this article.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Where Narendra Modi erred
I wish, as a Pakistani and a political analyst, that the Indian Prime Minister had asked his Pakistani counterpart, Nawaz Sharif, to prepare for a permanent “No War Pact” with Pakistan. I wish Modi had proposed a “No military or political hostilities” MOU between the two nations. I wish Modi had recommended a “Joint Indo-Pak Commission for Conflict Resolution.” I wish Modi had suggested a “Joint Indo-Pak Military Command Structure,” a “Joint Indo-Pak Commission,” a “Joint Indo-Pak Initiative for a Non-Alignment Movement,” or a “Joint Indo-Pak Initiative for Global Political Coordination.”However, above and beyond all of these proposals, I wish Modi had accepted the Pakistani Prime Minister’s invitation to visit Pakistan. I wish Modi had agreed and given an exact date for his Pakistani visit. I wish Modi had physically embraced Nawaz Sharif and said to him that he would be in Islamabad during the coming Eid celebrations to be part of the most sacred Muslim religious celebrations. Imagine the impact of such an act of visionary statesmanship: the entire Pakistani nation would be overwhelmed by such an act of humanitarian generosity. Modi’s stature as an outstanding statesman in the entire Muslim world would have been established and, last but not least, Indian Muslims, 175 million of them (as well as the other minorities), would finally put to rest the fear that Modi’s BJP India will be the Hindu majoritarian domination era.My thesis is that there has to be a fundamental paradigm shift from a “Real Politik” approach to conflict-resolution – to a humanistic-ethical discourse. Both India and Pakistan are faith-based societies with focused spiritual and humanistic devotion to community life. Modi is not wrong when he attributes spiritually to his faith - but he will have to prove that his ideals are consistent with his beliefs. Can Modi give a strategic moral-ethical dimension to India’s foreign policy, particularly its approach to Pakistan, the Kashmir issue and the non-majoritarian dimension to its domestic politics safeguarding 175 million Indian Muslims and other minorities such as Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis, and so on?And why not - that is what will make Modi the political “Devta” (deity) that he wishes and deserves to beIn the end, the larger battle for the hearts and minds of the people, on both sides of the divide, will be won by the ideas of justice, solidarity, public compassion, reason and adherence to spirituality of one’s faith - both for Hinduism and for the faithful in Pakistan. That’s where Modi can make his mark in modern Indian politics as a statesman. Will he stand up to the task?

MaunMohan Singh did all that and he got 26/11 attack as reward.
A No War Pact with TSP is an inducement from them to launch terrorist attacks with no fear of reprisal.

SS, That other article is by a London based chatteratti. Most likely from her name she is Pakjabi.

Sherry/Shairee/Verry are all variations of Sherbano.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

harbans wrote:
[ The last part obviously indicates the retard links Visionary Statesmanship with Pappi Jhappi sentiments. But if he really looks into what our Psecs have been doing all along it is exactly what he has recommended in the above. Many of those initiatives have been rebuffed by the Pak establishement, but there is certainly no dearth of Indian left liberals salivating and partaking in the aftermath of the bloody rituals of goat and cow slaughter that Eid entails.

It should have started like I Have dream that Naawaz Garib landed in Delhi with Hafiz Suar and others in Suitcase, beautifully arranged like puzzle in 50 different parts. He should have brought Video of the last jannat Nasheen moments when the serrated sharp knife was brining the Horries close to them every second. That Nawaz should have brought the documents saying Pakistani land belongs to Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhsts and Muslim have no right to live there without getting permission from them. He should have openly decalred that Jinnah Ji made big mistake and now all the Pakis are going to move out from Pakiland to CAR and Arabia and wont be resting till they find their real Abbu/s who seeded them like weed in their mother's flesh. Naawaz lost important opportunity to prove to Indians that Islam is religion of peace and justice by doing these minor things.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Step up crackdown against militants, China tells Pak army chief

BEIJING : Concerned over infiltration of Uygur militants with links to al-Qaida into its restive Xinjiang province, China on Thursday asked Pakistan to protect its nationals working in that country and offered to enhance cooperation in combating terrorism.

China's concerns over infiltration as well as safety of its nationals working in Pakistan topped the agenda for visiting Pakistan army chief Gen Raheel Sharif who is here on his maiden official visit.

Gen Sharif met China's top interior security official Meng Jianzhu, who directly overseas the security operations in the troubled Muslim dominated Xinjiang province, bordering Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, and rest of the country.

The meeting came a day after Sharif's talks with vice-chairman of China's Central Military Commission Fan Changlong, the highest military official, where anti-terror cooperation was highlighted.

Gen Sharif told Fan that the East Turkistan Islamic Movement, an al-Qaida backed militant outfit which has staged major violent attacks in Xinjiang and other parts of China, is a common enemy of the two countries and Pakistan will spare no efforts to crack down on it.

Sharif's visit comes in the immediate backdrop of recent multiple bomb attacks in Xinjiang's provincial capital Urumqi in which 43 people were killed 94 injured.

In his meeting with Sharif, Meng, head of the commission for political and legal affairs of the Communist Party of China, also pledged to strengthen cooperation against terrorism and protect the security of Chinese personnel and institutions in Pakistan.

State councilor and minister of public security Guo Shengkun also attended the meeting. Sharif today also called on Chinese defence minister Chang Wanquan.
Cheers Image
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Peregrine wrote:Gen Sharif told Fan that the East Turkistan Islamic Movement, an al-Qaida backed militant outfit which has staged major violent attacks in Xinjiang and other parts of China, is a common enemy of the two countries and Pakistan will spare no efforts to crack down on it.

Right, General Sharif will crack down on the East Turkistan Islamic Movement using material and intelligence provided by the Chinese over the Karakoram Highway and the Port of Gwadar. Thus all will be well.

Mark my words, Pakistan's official stance will evolve to -- "China, you have to help keep us in power, because in the alternative, the East Turkistan Islamic Movement will have free run of the country. If we are kept in power, we, of course, will never shut it down; but we will allow it only such leeway as is necessary so that we continue to remain relevant to you."
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

The trouble for the Pakisatans is that China does not mind if Americans are killed in Afghanistan, and the Americans don't mind if Chinese are killed in Xinjiang - and both will not take kindly to only one of the two being stopped.

To make matters worse, one of them is leaving (mostly) but is retaining some influence in the area, and Pakisatan will have to do it's bidding. The other, displeased about that, is becoming increasingly vocal about no longer being immune. Neither, of course, thought about that before they started this shite.

Pakisatan's solution will be, as usual, to direct the idiots south towards India - and hope that neither Uncle Sam or Uncle Chin will want to escalate against each other meanwhile. A delicate balance the Pakisatans cannot manage.

So, some of the pain will be felt on its own territory - as each of the countries affected send messages, settle scores, and generally promote mayhem so that Pakisatan is pre-occupied.

Fun times for the Pakisatan up ahead.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Can Modi give a strategic moral-ethical dimension to India’s foreign policy, particularly its approach to Pakistan, the Kashmir issue and the non-majoritarian dimension to its domestic politics safeguarding 175 million Indian Muslims and other minorities such as Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis, and so on?And why not - that is what will make Modi the political “Devta” (deity) that he wishes and deserves to beIn the end, the larger battle for the hearts and minds of the people, on both sides of the divide, will be won by the ideas of justice, solidarity, public compassion, reason and adherence to spirituality of one’s faith - both for Hinduism and for the faithful in Pakistan. That’s where Modi can make his mark in modern Indian politics as a statesman. Will he stand up to the task?

These Pakistanis have their heads in so deep they can do a colonoscopy without benefit of an endoscope.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

These Pakistanis have their heads in so deep they can do a colonoscopy without benefit of an endoscope.
:D Just simply Brilliant!!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

harbans wrote:
:D Just simply Brilliant!!!
+108.
Sanjay totally endorse.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shiv wrote:{quote="Jhujar"}Simply Retard Wise Crack
I wish Modi had recommended a “Joint Indo-Pak Commission for Conflict Resolution.” I wish Modi had suggested a “Joint Indo-Pak Military Command Structure,” a “Joint Indo-Pak Commission,” a “Joint Indo-Pak Initiative for a Non-Alignment Movement,” or a “Joint Indo-Pak Initiative for Global Political Coordination.
{/quote}
This is a desperate Paki plea for shitistan to be recognized as India's equal so we do things jointly. Stupid buffoon.
Every paki moron thinks that Modi has won a majority just so that he can "quietly" hand over cashmere to them despite the parliamentary resolution and the determined wishes of an overwhelming majority of the country.

They fully expect him to ride roughshod over our democratic processes to placate them

Also poking it's head out rather conspicuously for the first time in the longest time, is a public discourse among the secular malsis that showing concessions to the pakis is a good thing and not a peep out of anyone about the continued aggressions of the paki sponsored "non state" actors targeting India.

The suddenly jobless ELM is pushing this aggressively.

for the pakis, it's their usual civilizational thing of having the cake and eating it too syndrome. (and making a grab for everyone else's cake as a matter of supreme and unquestionable entitlement)

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme..... Ad nauseam
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

chetak wrote: Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme..... Ad nauseam
Paki oisealues used to arrogantly assert their superiority over India. Later they adamantly claimed equality. Now they are begging to be acknowledged as equals. Reality has not yet dawned on them.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shiv wrote:
chetak wrote: Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme..... Ad nauseam
Paki oisealues used to arrogantly assert their superiority over India. Later they adamantly claimed equality. Now they are begging to be acknowledged as equals. Reality has not yet dawned on them.
We also had and continue to have have Indian oisealues, too well known to be named again, who gave incessantly when it was not required to keep unrealistic and unreasonable paki expectations always sky high.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shiv wrote: Paki oisealues used to arrogantly assert their superiority over India. Later they adamantly claimed equality. Now they are begging to be acknowledged as equals. Reality has not yet dawned on them.

Never ever fall into the trap of a "joint" press conference again

Nawaz ‘not too happy’ over India visit

LAHORE: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is not too happy at his reception in India during his visit there to attend the oath-taking ceremony of Narendra Modi, say his party colleagues.

A senior PML-N member told Dawn on Thursday that Islamabad felt belittled when there was no joint press conference after the one-on-one meeting between the two prime ministers. Short of that Prime Minister Sharif's delegation was expecting a joint communiqué, but none was issued.

Instead New Delhi unilaterally released a press statement which did not carry Islamabad's stance. It had only a passing reference to Mr Sharif and didn't appropriately acknowledge the importance of his presence, the PML-N member said.

The abrupt and inadequate release by New Delhi, he claimed, forced Mr Sharif to hold a press conference of his own - where he read out a carefully-worded statement so that "whatever was achieved by the visit might not go waste".

The PML-N member said the government was now pinning hopes on secretary-level talks - agreed upon by Pakistan and India during Mr Sharif's visit -- for some breakthrough in improving relations with India.

Published in Dawn, June 6th, 2014

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

It was not a state visit. Hence no joint statement.
dada
BRFite

Post by dada »

#chetak

Why even have a secretary level talks with pakistan.
Downgrade it further down. Have a people to people talk as follows.
1. Construct 2 chat-rooms , one on each side of the wagah border post with a closed circuit TV connecting the two rooms.
2. Open & close the rooms every morning & evening (matching the flag ceremony timings)
3. Maintain all video recordings & upload them on youtube later , date wise. (for all on both sides of the border to watch as per their convenience)
4. A Ticket of Rs 100/- per person per session can be charged to take care of the expenses.
5. Alternatively create a separate yahoo messenger/google chatroom specifically for these internet based talks.
6. Let both people talk talk talk for 2000 years. (This is better than war war war )
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:It was not a state visit. Hence no joint statement.
A "joint press conference" is not mandated even during a state visit. Nice, yes but not necessary.

A "joint press conference" is usually used by the pakis to bully India which is usually too decent or too embarrassed to speak up.

sharm el sheik was an example to note. Which idiot agreed to it and why was there no objection to it. It was controversial in the extreme and the Indian POV was never addressed.

Why should India "strengthen" democracy in pakiland??. How the f(uk are we responsible for the sins of their electorate??
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Whatever happened to the TSP td.? Posting this here.Pot calling the kettle black what?!

Pakistan court to charge ex-CIA station chief over drone murder

Published time: June 05, 2014
A Pakistani High Court has ordered police to charge ex-CIA station chief Jonathan Banks for the murder of civilians in a 2009 drone strike. Prosecutors say he issued ordered the deadly strike and was directly responsible for the deaths.

Judge Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui issued the ruling after hearing a petition from drone activist Kareem Khan, whose son and brother were killed in the 2009 strike in the North Waziristan tribal district.

"Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui of Islamabad High Court ordered today registration of a criminal case for offenses of murder, conspiracy, waging war against Pakistan and offenses under the provisions of Terrorism Act 1997," against Banks, a statement by Khan's lawyers said.

Banks’ cover as CIA Pakistan station chief was blown in 2010 after he was named in court papers. As a result he was forced to flee the country.

"Today's order is a victory for all those innocent civilians that have been killed in US-led drone strikes in Pakistan," said Mirza Shahzad Akbar, lawyer for Khan. He added that the ruling may pave the way for a host of other court cases against the US for its drone program in Pakistan.

Khan has been battling for the last four years to get his case heard and has been provided assistance by the Foundation for Fundamental Rights. Earlier this year, prior to a trip to Europe to speak with British, German and Dutch parliamentarians about his ordeal, Khan was kidnapped.

He was released four days later, amid suspicions that Pakistani intelligence agencies orchestrated the kidnapping.

Washington’s drone program has been a significant bone of contention in US-Pakistani relations over the past few years. However, the program is going through a drawdown at present because of diplomatic sensibilities and the changing situation in Pakistan.

US officials say they have eliminated most of Al-Qaeda’s more important leaders and the ones remaining are more difficult to target, unnamed officials told The Associated Press.

Over 2,000 people have been killed so far in the targeted killing in Pakistan since they began in 2008, according to statistics by AFP. Critics of the program believe it causes far too many civilian casualties, while the Obama administration argues the strikes are an effective way of eliminating wanted terrorists.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Paki Zafar Hila-li spouting the bile
Let’s face it. Pakistan has to deal with a hostile Afghanistan, backed by India, on its own. The Indian hand, already visible fanning the insurgency in Balochistan is now suspected of backing TTP raids across the Pak-Afghan border. If these raids continue and evidence of Indian complicity is confirmed then, I imagine, it’s only a matter of time before a flareup occurs. Anti-India lashkars and jaishes are straining at the leash to pay India back in the same coin, and although Islamabad is doing its best to restrain them, there’s really no incentive for Pakistan to continue policing the actions of these groups and risk soldiers’ lives if TTP bandits and murderers continue to receive Indian support and encouragement to attack Pakistan. It’s sad that instead of discovering common interests in a post-conflict Afghanistan, India is adding another layer of mistrust to our enduring rivalry.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

James B wrote:Paki Zafar Hila-li spouting the bile
Let’s face it. Pakistan has to deal with a hostile Afghanistan, backed by India, on its own. The Indian hand, already visible fanning the insurgency in Balochistan is now suspected of backing TTP raids across the Pak-Afghan border. If these raids continue and evidence of Indian complicity is confirmed then, I imagine, it’s only a matter of time before a flareup occurs. Anti-India lashkars and jaishes are straining at the leash to pay India back in the same coin, and although Islamabad is doing its best to restrain them, there’s really no incentive for Pakistan to continue policing the actions of these groups and risk soldiers’ lives if TTP bandits and murderers continue to receive Indian support and encouragement to attack Pakistan. It’s sad that instead of discovering common interests in a post-conflict Afghanistan, India is adding another layer of mistrust to our enduring rivalry.
Can't believe that this foul mouthed creepy guy is an ex diplomat.

But, then again he is a paki, so he must be par for the course
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

chetak wrote: Nawaz ‘not too happy’ over India visit
The PML-N member said the government was now pinning hopes on secretary-level talks - agreed upon by Pakistan and India during Mr Sharif's visit -- for some breakthrough in improving relations with India.
After the slight by the bania, kafir Hindus and after the proof that India is behind BLA & TTP, why should Pakistan 'pin hopes' on India? What are they pinning & pining for?
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

Meanwhile Geo tamasha is a guf that keeps on giving. Latest is that Geo has sued the ISI for defamation and is demanding a public apology.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/ ... PG20140606
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SSridhar wrote:{quote="chetak"} Nawaz ‘not too happy’ over India visit
The PML-N member said the government was now pinning hopes on secretary-level talks - agreed upon by Pakistan and India during Mr Sharif's visit -- for some breakthrough in improving relations with India.{/quote}
After the slight by the bania, kafir Hindus and after the proof that India is behind BLA & TTP, why should Pakistan 'pin hopes' on India? What are they pinning & pining for?
nothing much, onlee a few small things to foster people to people contacts and aman.

Complete handing over of cashmere, siachen, sir creek, junagadh, hyderabad and ALL of the water. ( I may have missed a few inconsequential details, plz excuse.)
Lauka
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Lauka »

You forgot to mention the sunshine that East Punjab steals,resulting in lower agricultural production in Paki Punjab.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Nandu wrote:Meanwhile Geo tamasha is a guf that keeps on giving. Latest is that Geo has sued the ISI for defamation and is demanding a public apology.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/ ... PG20140606
This is unheard of, especially after being browbeaten by the ISI first and the mullahs and extremists next and with the dangerous blasphemy cases pending against the bigwigs and the anchor of the channel. Is it a case of nothing more to lose or PML-N supporting GEO from behind the scenes?

I expect many Pakistanis to say that GEO is a yahud-hanud-nassariya conspiracy.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Look at the news links above:
"Nawaz ‘not too happy’ over India visit"

And then direct order to paki army chief from China:
"Step up crackdown against militants, China tells Pak army chief"

These pakis are such gasbags. When Chinese talk of stopping terrorism directly to their army chief it is fine but see how nawaz throws tantrums. The whole south Asia BS is just a cover to blabber and pretend to be civilized.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistani shows for Zee channel - Business Line
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL), which is about to launch its premium Hindi general entertainment channel Zindagi later this month, will have content produced overseas in Pakistan. The channel will be launched on June 23 with four Pakistani shows acquired by the network.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

^^^^^^^

This IMO is a very bad idea and should be shot down by the Govt. It's not that I have any issues with airing Pakistani TV programmes, but why do you need a separate channel to do that? IMO what is being left unsaid is that Zee thinks that there is an audience out there who is "different" and so need a "different" channel to view "different" content. Two Nation theory being played out via TV soaps.
Yuck!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

amit wrote:^^^^^^^

This IMO is a very bad idea and should be shot down by the Govt. It's not that I have any issues with airing Pakistani TV programmes, but why do you need a separate channel to do that? IMO what is being left unsaid is that Zee thinks that there is an audience out there who is "different" and so need a "different" channel to view "different" content. Two Nation theory being played out via TV soaps.
Yuck!
If something gets banned - it will only be this channel :mrgreen:
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Geo news has been suspended for 15 days.
http://cpj.org/2014/06/pakistani-regula ... o-news.php

Pakistani media expects to resume being strong, vibrant, and independent after fifteen days.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

well RAPES will have to stick to writing in express tribune and daily whines for time being.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

There seems to be much shock among the equal equal crowd that Nawaz was not given his due respect. In what way is he any different than the PM of other SAARC nations? Also this occasion was the swearing in of an Indian PM. why a joint statement covering what Pakistani PM thinks about the swearing in?

Someone should ask the obvious question. How can India treat Nawaz any better than how his own army treats him?
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

On the contrary, Nawaz did get more attention than others in Media and from Indians. While Modi was swearing-in, Nawaz was honored with a place next to MMS and one can be sure both were swearing at Modi in Punjabi.