Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Rahul Mehta wrote: What do you all propose to do about it? The question is relevant for this thread, as most pro-NaMo folks had presumed before 16-may that NaMo is anti-FDI or at least not so pro-FDI. And many here were making calls on BRF to recruit election volunteers for NaMo. But now NaMo has started with massive pro-FDI announcements, also taken $ 1 billion loan from World Bank in name of primary education. So what is your all's next steps?
Even a genius can make a mistake, so have you. Yes you shrimaan ji; you who cracked the paheli of NaMo being agent of MNCs and EJs COULDN'T SEE THAT WE BRF SUPPORTERS OF NaMo ARE ALL MNC AGENTS TOO..... WE ALL HAVE BEEN BOUGHT LONG BACK AND NOW ARE HAPPILY SEEING NaMo SELLING THE ASSETS HAPPILY. AAP HAMEIN NAHIN PAKAD PAAYE...... :rotfl:
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>as most pro-NaMo folks had presumed before 16-may that NaMo is anti-FDI or at least not so pro-FDI.

And based on what did you make this assumption, which is the basis of your question?
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Please delete
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 08 Jun 2014 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>>Shashi tharoor's smug smile and his ridiculous brit accent needs to be given reality check with investigation in to his wife's death. It's mind boggling the guy with murder and funding scam is walking around speaking and pontificating as if he's still in power. What gives him so much confidence and bravado?

This is an interesting observation. If the investigation into his wife's death reveals anything that suggests his involvement in any way - and of course nothing can be ruled out at this point it seems - then he should get exemplary punishment. As for guy with murder and funding scam allegations, well let's just say he's not unique in the parliament, or even particularly Congress.

As to what gives him his confidence and bravado, a read up of his background will give a good indication. I don't know if he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but he seems to have been born with a spoon of some kind at least - unlike apparently many of us, including me. He has, by the standards of many middle to high income level Indians, had a rather dramatic personal life. Suggests a depth of experience and emotional range that is not very common, and a highly observational intellect - which can be seen in his books. By any measure, and in any country, with his background and achievements, he would be a fairly extraordinary individual. India is no exception.

I personally have been observing him closely for well over a decade, partly out of unavoidable provincial pride - even district and group (he is a Menon, with ancestral home less than 30 km from ours as per mom); who wouldn't be, a "local boy" had gone on to be candidate for UN Sec. Gen? Then, especially over the last 5 years, have observed with occasional dismay his stumbles (some illuminating - like the twitter ones, which were essentially a subtle challenge to the party heirarchy, and that is why he was shut down and shot down), his recovery which was a brave one, his personal trauma (or whatever that turns out to be), and finally his electoral victory, which is why he is now able to speak with greater authority than many of the others in the party who have no public mandate, of any kind.

As for his accent, it is not British any more than is that of Nalin Kohli (probably the best party spokesman to have been thrown up by the political system in the last quarter century). Seems to be some sort of "cultivated internationalist" accent which may be due to years of UN experience. For the last 4-5 months, I have been interacting quite often with BJP supporters, and I'm sure some active members, in a particular part of the world - you should hear their accents. If you closed your eyes, you would not know there was an Indian behind the voice. Except for the content of the conversation.

But the accent, or smugness, is not really the issue. The issue, in my view at least, is what is said and done. I have never seen Tharoor sink to the depths of the sychophantic sewer that the Congress had become. He definitely did his bit, and still does, with reverential reference at every given opportunity to "SoniaG" or "RahulG" (on what basis he considers them "ji" as opposed to "G", I don't know), but that is a different cry from the likes of, well, I don't need to name them again....

There is hope in this gent I think, and I tend to agree with SwamyG on this - broadly speaking; but we would need to keep a very close eye on him to see which path he eventually takes, and be relentless in our commentary on and criticism of him based on reason; kind of like what he advocates for Modi in his Huffpost article.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

Rahul Mehta wrote:GoI may sell away 30% of GoI shares it owns in Hindustan Zinc Limited. (pls google for links). HZL was 100% Govt owned. A big chunk of shares ( 51% ?) were to Sterlite in 2002 . Sterlite is now part of Vedanta, a British company. And later, Sterlite brought more HZL shares, and now owns 70% of HZL. If GoI sells its 30% shares , then HZL may become wholly owned subsidiary of Vedanta.
Just want to point out something obvious you have missed out.

Sterlite is owned by Vedanta (HQ in London)... but vedanta is owned by anil agarwal... who is an indian citizen, just like lakshmi mittal.

So technically, it is still "indian" as the ultimate owner is an indian. But you know what? I am happy that someone like him owns it.

Agarwal lives in London and is married, with two children.[1] He frequently visits Radha Krishna temple in London. He has said in his talks that his inspiration in life is Radhanath Swami, a well-known current spiritual guru of the Hare Krishna movement, whom Agarwal knows personally. ... Better than idiot babus in govt who are there only to fill their pockets me thinks.

oh and if you want such people to come and settle india, it needs to be developed.. not the one huge toilet INC have made it to be.

However i do understand what you are getting at, and do agree with it to an extent.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

prahaar wrote:
Narayana Rao wrote:Speaking in Hindi crate a major identity thing which russians, chipanda, french and others take by speaking their respective national one. Delibarately done even while having capacily to speak in English .

Time to speak in Hindi in all international interactions with translators sitting along with you.
Also allows managing body language focus etc. in the conversation. In SAARC neighborhood, NS does not have an ace up via speaking Punjabi (NM has worked in Punjab many years, I hope he has picked up at least some language), all the rest can do the same reverse swing on NM.

There was a TV documentary which showed how Putin uses his English + Euro language skills to buy extra time by speaking in Russian.
Speaking in Hindi gives NM time to think, while the interpreter is speaking. Its a fairly standard tactic. Putin speaks German like a native, but will use an interpreter in official talks with the Germans.
MMS would be at a disadvantage speaking to NS, because the latter would expect him to speak in Punjabi (which MMS would do, in the spirit of good neighbourliness) , which reduces scope for MMS to think about his response, or say he was misquoted.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Is why NaMo should send MMS as envoy as response to invitation to pak. MMS wanted to visit his ancestral place anyway and pakis have to honour the invite, regardless of how much promises they bluff about. To amrika, NaMo should send Pranabda or LKA, who also are class politician, old school style and used to international chattering style.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

JE Menon wrote:They put this buffoon on TV because they know he will spout shite and then they can use that to lead as another story. This is one of the byproducts of these crappy shout-shows... they help create new news... Modi used the right name for these jackasses - Newstraders.

Only good thing in all this is occasionally there's a cute presenter, like Nidhi Razdan. She's back to her normal weight after giving birth I think, and she looks bloody awesome in a gold-bordered mallu sari - saw her wearing one during an Onam season newsshow I think. I fear she will be poached by some global news channel sooner or later.

And then we'll have to watch that shite. :twisted:
I thought NIdhi was single (Not that she can't have a baby when single) and with Abdullah Jr.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^^^ really??? wtf...I was sure she was hitched and had squeezed out one over the past 2-3 yrs!!!

Will be happy to be proved wrong, because, you know, everyone knows I'm first in line....
Kamal_raj
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kamal_raj »

I find Nidhi is as feral as one can get. She's definitely progeny of some big shot. They are all one big family bdutt, pranoy rajdeep and team...brick by brick they need to be removed.

Regds
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Nidhi's daddy "M.K.Razdan" was heading Press trust of India once upon a time..
Added later: Editor in Chief actually
Last edited by Vikas on 07 Jun 2014 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

Nidhi's father is current Chief Executive of PTI
The Senior Management Team
Mr MK Razdan Editor-in-Chief & CE
http://www.ptinews.com/aboutpti/aboutus.aspx
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

JE Menon wrote:^^^^ really??? wtf...I was sure she was hitched and had squeezed out one over the past 2-3 yrs!!!

Will be happy to be proved wrong, because, you know, everyone knows I'm first in line....
On Nidhi, The rumor was that she was Living-in with OA since Payal left OA. I could have old info
and she might be doing Amrita of Diggy "I-am-brave-but-I-won't-marry-you-although-you-are-carrying-my-child-even-though-you-are-still-married-to-someone-else" fame

JEM al competatori, If you were not the Drone Operator and I was not addicted to BRF, we would have resolved it like BRF gentle-mard do.... In L&M thread with all guns blazing :mrgreen:

Actually truth be told, I am more into Shireen Bhan (...she is soooh pretty) of CNBC but I won't let go of my claim on Ms. Razdan. We are distantly related (so distant that hitting on her is Kosher for me)
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Arjun wrote:It would be good if Modi can start a regular 'Talk to the Nation' televised address, where he communicates on various issues of public policy. My suggestion would be to do this on a monthly basis.
Not too regular. And not too early
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Raj wrote:Nidhi's father is current Chief Executive of PTI

Google his past. Known to be corrupt as hell and in the right power corridors
All these snakes: media turncoats, Shashi types should be kept at arms length and leveraged as useful idiots only if they can be handled. Else, don't engage as they are the most dangerous. These guys want to be close to the power center and not philosophy
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

JE Menon wrote:^^^^ really??? wtf...I was sure she was hitched and had squeezed out one over the past 2-3 yrs!!!

Wrong. I was one among the first, if not the first in BRF to appreciate...ahem ahem. But on second thoughts, I withdraw from the line as I am still married and whatnot.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^Ok boys move it to L&M Nukkad... or else it will quickly take a Shereen vs Nidhi vector... Let's not destroy the PM's thread; OTOH shows how much commitment BRF mards have to ideology and what not - as soon as chix enter the picture, all guns are out ideology-fideology no bar :D
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

It is ok to be optimistic about Tharoor, nothing wrong in it. Many commies changed their colors at the tail end of their lives.

But to suggest Modi would benefit from this guy in his ministry is stretching it.

Let's see... We are going to live to see it all :)
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

MK Razdan and PTI

http://www.impactonnet.com/node/1359
Its current CEO cum Editor-in-Chief, M K Razdan became PTI’s general manager in 1995, after serving the organization as its bureau chief in its one-member bureaus first in London, then New York. He superannuated subsequently to become PTI’s contractual CEO-cum- editor-in-chief. Insiders say he’s already got a fresh contract drawn in 2011 which will last him till 2016 or when he is 71. This is despite Razdan’s appeal at the meetings of the Board of Directors to focus on the future of the news agency and infuse new blood. At the same time, an insider says, “Razdan has never groomed successors.”

Agency insiders who do not wish to be named say “the organization is bereft of any rules and regulations governing its employees, in the absence of which it is being run on the whims and fancies of its office-bearers”. Take the case of PTI withholding encashment of casual leave of five staff members in 2003-2004. Although the amount payable was less than Rs 4,000 per member, they were withheld just because the said employees happened to be office bearers of the union. This made the staff members approach the court. The counsel of the news agency told the court that the staff members were under suspension during the period, no such benefit could be extended to them. But, as they say, better sense always prevails, and the court supported the employees.

“Don’t be surprised with such cases related to PTI, dig and you will find a dime-a-dozen of them. Perhaps this is one institution of journalism that holds no law of the land dear to it. Even ethics, it’s past PTI. You will rarely find PTI sacking a staff member; they are only forced to go. Seniors are chastised and berated openly in front of the juniors, favoured juniors are sided with in front of their seniors, parochialism is promoted, there are sub-groups within groups ready to tear at one another – all under the very nose of the management. And the management? It seems to be growing, smug with this divide and rule policy. People are not encouraged to stay here unless one can suck up,” says a senior journalist who’s been working for many years with PTI and finds himself sidelined. Understandably, according to a newsletter circulated within the PTI, as many as 70 people have left the organization in the past one year. According to another estimate, a staggering number of over 700 journalists have quit PTI since Razdan became the general manager of the organization about 17 years ago.

According to journalist Neeraj Bhushan, who was fired from the Press Trust of India Ltd in 2003 ‘illegally and unjustifiably’, “Razdan heads a media company where the Board of Directors are owners or editors of topmost Indian news organizations and where the journalists and other staff members find themselves no less helpless, demoralized, frustrated and depressed”. He adds: “The Human Resource Departments and the Personnel Departments merely issue threatening memos to the journalists instead of strengthening management-journalist relations.” Pointing out to the malaise at PTI that is likely to set the trend in Indian media, Bhushan points out that Indian journalists keep surrendering to the dictates of their managements and that it “is very sad that trade unions in the Indian media companies have also surrendered to their managements while the neo journalists lack awareness about their rights”. - See more at: http://www.impactonnet.com/node/1359#st ... JEbBi.dpuf
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

matrimc wrote:
darshhan wrote:[Forget Mantri job. He is just trying to save his ass. He is one of the suspects in his wife's murder.
Is that still on? If so, good. The legal case has to take its own course. Any international org deputed dilli billis should not go free if they are indeed guilty.
I didn't mean suspect as in Legal terms. But suspect as in public perception
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Dhananjay wrote:
Rahul Mehta wrote: What do you all propose to do about it? The question is relevant for this thread, as most pro-NaMo folks had presumed before 16-may that NaMo is anti-FDI or at least not so pro-FDI. And many here were making calls on BRF to recruit election volunteers for NaMo. But now NaMo has started with massive pro-FDI announcements, also taken $ 1 billion loan from World Bank in name of primary education. So what is your all's next steps?
Even a genius can make a mistake, so have you. Yes you shrimaan ji; you who cracked the paheli of NaMo being agent of MNCs and EJs COULDN'T SEE THAT WE BRF SUPPORTERS OF NaMo ARE ALL MNC AGENTS TOO..... WE ALL HAVE BEEN BOUGHT LONG BACK AND NOW ARE HAPPILY SEEING NaMo SELLING THE ASSETS HAPPILY. AAP HAMEIN NAHIN PAKAD PAAYE...... :rotfl:
Good one Dhananjay ji. Rahul Mehta being an IITian couldn't spot mnc agents like us. It is apalling.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

VikasRaina wrote:

On Nidhi, The rumor was that she was Living-in with OA since Payal left OA. I could have old info
and she might be doing Amrita of Diggy "I-am-brave-but-I-won't-marry-you-although-you-are-carrying-my-child-even-though-you-are-still-married-to-someone-else" fame

JEM al competatori, If you were not the Drone Operator and I was not addicted to BRF, we would have resolved it like BRF gentle-mard do.... In L&M thread with all guns blazing :mrgreen:

Actually truth be told, I am more into Shireen Bhan (...she is soooh pretty) of CNBC but I won't let go of my claim on Ms. Razdan. We are distantly related (so distant that hitting on her is Kosher for me)
Bhai Saheb, aisi baat hai to JEM ji ki setting kara do yaar. Be collabarotive and not competetive :)
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

VikasRaina wrote: Actually truth be told, I am more into Shireen Bhan (...she is soooh pretty) of CNBC
Yessir.
I have the honour of being among the first two people she met when she shifted to a new city. I have spent a few evenings in groups with her. Later, our paths crossed a few times when she was on some voice-over assignments and I had something or the other to do with those projects. So, I can claim that she knew me. :)
All OT and maya onlee.
member_28042
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28042 »

Aiyar and Tharoor, the Two Ends of the Congress Predicament, By Ashok Malik
Those who have followed Modi's career have known him to be a pugnacious, aggressive, flamboyant campaigner. In three successive elections in Gujarat - 2002, 2007, 2012 - right after a high-octane campaign and a victory, he slipped effortlessly into the sobriety of governance, quietly settling into office and even reaching out to political opponents. This is precisely what he has done on becoming prime minister in New Delhi.

Tharoor has either been ignorant of Modi's previous record or has deliberately missed it. Like many others in New Delhi - a classic power city, with time-serving, sycophantic instincts written into its DNA - he now claims Modi has changed. Is it Modi who has changed or has Tharoor's gaze?

Let's be generous and take Tharoor at face value. Perhaps he genuinely thinks Modi was a monster till May 16 (when the votes were counted) or May 26 (when he took office) but has now "remade himself from a hate figure into an avatar of modernity and progress". What evidence can Tharoor cite to attest to this so-called re-making? Modi has been prime minister for less than a fortnight. He has announced no new policies and enunciated no new economic or social programme; even his adherents will concede it is much too early. Yet, purely on the basis of a few gestures and symbols, Tharoor has rushed to offer him certificates he (Modi) never asked for.

More than Modi, what does this tell us about Tharoor? Does it tell us that for all his intellect and learning, he is a man taken in by frivolity and superficiality, by externalities and superficialities? This would appear to be so on reading an article where the author describes himself, absolutely unselfconsciously, as a "prominent adversary" of Modi's "with whom he [Modi] had crossed swords in the past".

This leaves us with Aiyar, the obverse side of the coin, a person who has already dismissed Modi's prime ministry as a disaster - rushing to judgement (albeit an opposite judgement) almost as quickly as Tharoor. Aiyar has learnt nothing. His mocking of Modi's tea vendor background handed the BJP leader a massive advantage in the election campaign. It is impossible to quantify this, but Aiyar's thoughtless and tasteless put-down must have contributed a sizeable number of votes to Modi. Is Aiyar even remotely apologetic, if not to decency then to his party?

For all his intellect and learning, Aiyar can be a remarkably shallow man. In the mid-1990s, Aiyar was a columnist with India Today magazine and it was this writer's job to edit and put to page his articles. One week, he began a piece with the sentence, "Each time S. Jaipal Reddy opens his mouth, he puts his crutch into it." The line would leave most readers cringing, especially since Reddy, then a minister in the United Front government, is physically challenged and walks with a crutch.

I phoned Aiyar and urged him to change the line. He refused, protested, screamed and insisted my request amounted to censorship. I was left astonished, wondering how someone with such an education could be capable of so petty and cheap a dig and would even insist on it. Backed by India Today's editors, I stood my ground and the line was amended.

The episode left me perplexed and I shrugged off Aiyar as an idiosyncratic and eccentric person. Yet, in the years to come, it became obvious that there was an unusually bitter and vicious streak to his writing and his word play. From Reddy's crutch to Modi's chai-wallah background, nothing had changed. Indeed, when Aiyar implies Tharoor is being sycophantic, he fails to notice his own CV in politics, embellished largely by supplying encomia to various generations of the Nehru-Gandhi family and harking back to an India of privilege that no longer exists.

Aiyar and Tharoor typify the two ends of the Congress predicament. Trapped between an ostrich and a chameleon, between attributes of obduracy and fickleness, how can the party reinvent itself?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Ashok Malik has killed it!!! Bravo
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Indeed, when Aiyar implies Tharoor is being sycophantic, he fails to notice his own CV in politics, embellished largely by supplying encomia to various generations of the Nehru-Gandhi family and harking back to an India of privilege that no longer exists.
:lol: what do you call sychophantic disorders! these b@$turds have not only destroyed themselves, but the country as well. I would say, send these stupid idiots to jail![at least far away from MSM]
member_28042
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28042 »

Riding high on vote surge, BJP gets Muslims to sign up across rural Bengal
If the record surge in the BJP vote share — from 6.14 per cent in 2009 to 17.5 per cent in 2014 — was the headline from elections in West Bengal, another story is quietly unfolding away from the media glare: the induction of Muslims into the BJP especially in areas where the party dramatically improved its vote share.
Over a week, as The Indian Express travelled across a swathe of rural West Bengal covering Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar, Coochbehar Lok Sabha seats and also parts of Raigunj, Balurghat and Nadia where the BJP gained the most, the story is the same: hundreds of Muslim families in village after village are signing up with the BJP at what are called “Yogdaan” ceremonies held almost on a daily basis since results came on May 16.
Their reasons are a blend of political confidence, inducement, fear and the vacuum created by the local Left leadership, all riding on an aggressive hardsell by local BJP leaders who are using Narendra Modi’s name to underline that “development,” (jobs, protection and money) is on their agenda, not Hindutva. In a region where 30-40 per cent of the population is Muslim, this rhetoric comes with constant references to a Modi-majority Centre.

So after namaz, as New Delhi was preparing for the swearing-in ceremony, Samiruddin Mian and over 150 families, comprising over 500 voters of Banglarjhar and Patkakhocha villages under Domohoni Village II Panchayat in Jalpaiguri district joined the BJP. The venue of this Yogdaan ceremony was a patch of farmland next to a Durga temple, teeming with about 3,000 new BJP supporters.
Aliyar Rahaman, an elected village panchayat member of Domohoni Block-II, was with the Revolutionary Socialist Party, a constituent of the Left Front, but this election, he says, has changed equations. “Eight village panchayats in this area belonged to the RSP and two to the CPM, most of these have now switched to the BJP,” says Aliyar.

Asked why, he says: “In the villages, we can’t live without politics. For generations, our fathers and grandfathers have been with the Left. Even in this Lok Sabha polls, we voted for the Left. But we lost miserably. Our top leaders have disappeared. They are not to be found. We want to be with a powerful party. BJP is the most powerful party,” says Aliyar.
There is a set pattern in these Yogdaan ceremonies. Assembled BJP leaders read out a “pledge” before officially accepting the new entrants. The oath reads: “I fully and wholeheartedly announce myself as a nationalist…I believe in national integrity and secular state principles…I am inspired by the ideals and principles of the Bharatiya Janata Party…I pledge to abide and live by the Indian Constitution.”
There are three steps to membership. Step One: Before the pledge, each application is vetted, said Shyamal Barman, BJP general secretary (Organisation), Jalpaiguri. “We weed out those who have misused development funds or have been booked for crimes like rape,” he says. Step two: a cooling-off period for two months and, three, signing up primary and active membership forms.
“The magnitude of the BJP’s victory has certainly overwhelmed a majority of these Muslims and this is behind their shifting loyalty,” admits Deepen Pramanik, district president of Jalpaiguri BJP. “The Left is defunct in almost all local bodies. They don’t find the Trinamool a viable political choice and so they are coming to us,” says Pramanik.
Speaking to The Indian Express, Rezzak Mollah, the veteran estranged CPM former state committee member and an important leader of Muslims, confirms that “thousands of Muslims” are joining the BJP not only in North Bengal but even in South Bengal districts. “It is a massive wave now. This is primarily because the CPM and other political parties have failed to give the sense of security and protection to Muslims. It’s a choice born out of compulsion. The moment an alternative platform can be offered to these sections, the Muslims will return,” said Mollah who is now building up a Social Justice Manch aimed at Muslims and Dalits.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Dear Forum-Rakshaks

Please see posts such as http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 6#p1668720 and http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 6#p1668729 . I am writing only 1 post per day, with a some specific information and some specific question. It is anti-RM-element who resort to spamming and then make it appear as if I am spamming. Please look at my post count. I am not spamming at all.

===========
JE Menon wrote:>>as most pro-NaMo folks had presumed before 16-may that NaMo is anti-FDI or at least not so pro-FDI.

And based on what did you make this assumption, which is the basis of your question?
Whole Bharat Swabhiman Trust of Swami Ramdevjo consists of hardcore Swadeshi. They are followers of Late Shree Rajiv Dixitjee, who was another hardcore Swadeshi. All BST-workers work for free. They had vigorously campaigned for NaMo for past 2 years. I am in touch with many of them. They all say that they are disappointed with this FDI-spree.

So on my SM, I posted a post saying "Please 'like' this post ONLY if you are one NaMo-voter, who would NOT have voted at all or voted for someone else, if you KNEW in april-2014 that NaMo would go for massive FDI in defence, railways, ganga cleaning, and also take $ 1 billion debt from World Bank in name of primary education, continue with Mauritius route and other Congress like economic policies. etc etc. ". And in one day, I got some 35 likes, which isnt a small number given that only 200-300 people generally read my post in one day.

And I have been writing a lot against NaMo on his decision to let Mauritius route go on, taking $ 1 billion etc on my SM. And after that, I have been getting 20-30 friend requests per day !! And many of them have NaMo as their profile\cover picture. I look at their walls, and I see angry posts of sell FDI issue and more on world bank taking $ 1 billion loan .

On this forum too, there are many anti-FDI-posts. And you may glance at their posts before 15-may. They are all pro-NaMo.

So this was my reason to believe that many Swadeshi and anti-FDI folks have not just voted but vigorously campaigned for NaMo, and now many of them may be feeling cheated.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Raj wrote:Nidhi's father is current Chief Executive of PTI
No wonder it was the PTI correspondant in Washington who goaded the State Department representative to make comments against the rapes in UP.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

8)

Achhe din aa gaye hain !!! (Good days have come)

NaMo govt. has recovered all of Bharat's 1818 crore rupees in augusta westland helicopter deal:
https://www.facebook.com/drsubramanians ... 27/?type=1

Lentils cheaper by Rs. 20/-, gold cheaper, Sensex soars:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 103&type=1

Sickular media exposed:
https://www.facebook.com/drsubramanians ... 93/?type=1
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

At the same time, BJP members are being attacked by TMC goons consistently. Wife of a bjp member was raped recently. Not much media attention obviously, since victims aren't of the secular persuasion. Not much noise from bjp either, very similar to the silence when bjp members in TN were getting attacked.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

bjp as a party has many flaws.. but then it is all about modi sarkar. so, sans modi, you would not see any difference between maun gov and bjp (say any of the d4 gov). but, i am generalizing issues... feel factor onlee. benefit of doubt can't go against bjp. they are the lesser evil for the nation of the lot!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ The Chindu still seems dazed from the election results and prints out more garbage. Some kind oul could try and explain what this article tried to convey since couldnt make head or tail of it:
The hologram becomes the face
With the ascension of Narendra Damodardas Modi to the prime ministership of India, Indian politics also enters, both literally and metaphorically, into the Age of Hologram. One may choose to call it as the Age of Shadows. After all, Mr. Modi did not only address a record 437 public rallies, but also appeared as a hologram, often simultaneously, in 1350 3D rallies. This near flesh and blood avatar of Mr. Modi disturbs the distinction between reality and illusion, and light and shadow.

What is dangerous in this trend of politics is a certain hollowing out of its inner content; politics as genuine and democratic face-to-face deliberation among people about substantive issues that confront a society being replaced by politics as hologram — 3D images projected from studios in the nerve centres of power to the nukkads and mohallas of the vast hinterland where the poor and the unwashed live — and politics of the messiah.

Of course, in the age of mass media, or what the thinker Jean Baudrillard refers to as the ‘era of simulation’, all forms of technological communication tools will surely be used in political communication. Politics conducted across a vast geographical space cannot only remain face-to-face. Even when it does, it acquires the form of chai pe charcha conducted through video conferencing.

But the danger is in the medium itself becoming the message and the hologram itself becoming the face. That is why, in numerous reports, the voter does not even know the name of the local candidate, but casts his vote for one Narendra Modi. That is why on May 15, on the eve of the counting of votes, in Lucknow, a subaltern man who voted for Samajwadi Party in the last elections, tells me, ‘on this date, there is no leader in the world taller than Narendra Modi.’ The local, rather than being in a democratic dialogue with the national, melts away to be replaced by the distant national.
In the age of instantaneity, or what the sociologist Zygmunt Bauman calls ‘liquid modernity’, the solid bonds of human relationships, whether in terms of family, friendship or collective political projects collapse or erode towards a fleeting, transient, and liquid state where everything melts in a second and everything becomes mobile and fluid. This is the most ideal condition for power and capital to solidify itself, which gets concentrated in fewer hands, ironically, by becoming mobile and fluid themselves (thus global financial and speculative capital knows no borders, it reaches every nook and cranny of the globe, wreaking havoc in its wake) and by exploiting the fragmentation and disarray of the forces resisting them. Here ethics, political or otherwise, has the shelf life of tweets, Facebook status updates, and SMSes.

In this scenario when politics does talk about ethics, it can assume pathological shapes and result in fascist forms — of course, fascism in the age of democracy will be one without gas chambers. Under it exclusions and silencing will been forced more ‘democratically’ than violently (thus, for example, large sections of the powerful media will abandon their commitment to truth and justice and instead wilfully participate in creating electoral ‘waves’). And in conditions of flux and fragmentation, who better to govern a vast and diverse society than an authoritarian figure who can singlehandedly deliver ‘stability,’ ‘governance’ and ‘development’ (the mantra of our times) and combine a heady majoritarian nationalism with it. Why bother with the local MP who is merely a number that makes up the mandate?

Politics as hologram is dangerous not only because it lends itself to fascist mobilisation and that it can change the destiny of 6,00,000 villages in the course of a mere six-month campaign but also because holograms are not just apparitions, there are real material conditions which produce them. But when the ‘people’ have given their verdict (as one newspaper called it ‘India is Modi. Modi is India’), it seems undemocratic and illegitimate and to ask about the source of the Rs.5000 crore (1/5th of the annual amount allocated for Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan) reportedly spent on the BJP election campaign. And it seems equally undemocratic to talk about the shocking absence of Muslims from the elected MPs of the BJP. This is where fascist politics becomes consensual.

Even as this is the case, we cannot resist politics as hologram by dubbing the Modi mandate as ‘the most unpopular and unrepresentative in republican India’, or ‘the biggest stolen election in the history of democracy’, or ‘the biggest corporate heist in history’ as some radical critics have done. Sure, only 31 per cent of the voters (21 per cent of the total electorate) voted for the BJP, making it the smallest vote share among single parties which have won majorities in India. Sure, the vote and seat share of the regional parties have not changed at all making it still a fractured mandate raising questions about the need for proportional representation. And, sure, the ‘Modi wave’ would not have been possible without the unprecedented and unabashed support of corporate capitalism.

Nevertheless, reading the mandate in this fashion is simplistic. It discounts the 31 per cent who voted for the BJP and the very significant rise in BJP’s vote share in states like Assam, West Bengal, Orissa, Arunachal Pradesh and J & K as inconsequential. By merely looking at the numbers who voted for Mr. Modi, it ignores the numbers who give silent assent to his brand of politics, even when they vote for other parties or not vote at all; it ignores the numbers that are sitting on the fence waiting to be bedazzled by holograms; it ignores states like Kerala which has never elected a BJP MP or MLA, but has the highest number of RSS shakhas in the country; and it ignores phenomena like Mr. Modi’s Facebook page being the fastest growing one among political personalities in the world.
The greatest tragedy of Indian democracy is that it has largely been reduced to the exercise of elections instead of building vibrant struggles for democratisation across the societal spectrum, in the economy, in culture and in civil society. That is why, for instance, the searing material deprivation of vast sections of the people, even after six decades of freedom, has elevated terms like development to a life-or-death cadence. Thus ‘secular’ parties themselves, by abrogating their responsibilities, have laid the foundation for fascist mode of politics. And fascism, when countered only through elections becomes hydra-headed. Baudrillard had argued that in the age of mass media simulation, ‘there is more and more information and less and less meaning’. But the time has come to change that. It is upon us to find the true meanings behind the holograms. It is upon us to bring back politics to reality. And it is upon us, not a messiah, to liberate ourselves from the cave and see beyond shadows.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

This quote is the summery of mafia condition:

Aiyar and Tharoor typify the two ends of the Congress predicament. Trapped between an ostrich and a chameleon, between attributes of obduracy and fickleness, how can the party reinvent itself?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

In the age of instantaneity, or what the sociologist Zygmunt Bauman calls ‘liquid modernity’, the solid bonds of human relationships,
You unwashed illiterate fanatic Sanghi Hindoo Kufr, if you couldn't understand what this farticle really means, at least have some respect for this name dropped Gora sociologist.
Well after wasting a few minutes of my life reading that (i was reading it to try fathom the self proclaimed liberals mental gymnastics). Frankly there were too many loops, turns etc to really put a finger to any one aspect. What is so detached in a hologram that is not in a TV transmission. And did Modi over his 500 odd mega rallies around the country meet face to face almost 10% of the population (some say 1 in 5) and that's more face to face than any politician in this planets history. Modi has interacted more with the people whether in rallies, SM, blogs, TV interviews in the final run up than any other candidate in India's history for sure. That is on record. And this jerk trivializes fact to somehow try and equate Hologram = Fascist. These kind of articles are symptomatic of cognitive dissonance. Pseudo Secularism or one can say Secularism has intellectually reached/ extracted the maximum rational benefit it could and now it stands naked if India wants to go to the next level. They are not getting anything to defend pseudo secular pseudo liberal nehruvianism with anything substantial, so why not give Hologram=Fascist also a try. Some connection to truth may accidentally by some quirk expose itself to give Nehruvian pseudo liberalism a breath of oxygen.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Who is this Nissim idiot from Dalhousie University Canada?
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Raja Bose wrote:Who is this Nissim idiot from Dalhousie University Canada?
One of the JNU Marxists, now abroad....Nissim is a Jewish name. Is he one of those Jews settled in Kerala?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Must have added ss etc. Not Kerala Jew as for as I know. adding letters is the new hip thing in India these days.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

harbans wrote:
In the age of instantaneity, or what the sociologist Zygmunt Bauman calls ‘liquid modernity’, the solid bonds of human relationships,
You unwashed illiterate fanatic Sanghi Hindoo Kufr, if you couldn't understand what this farticle really means, at least have some respect for this name dropped Gora sociologist.
Well after wasting a few minutes of my life reading that (i was reading it to try fathom the self proclaimed liberals mental gymnastics). Frankly there were too many loops, turns etc to really put a finger to any one aspect.
They have done 4-5 decades of social analysis to come up with this kind of fake article. What is troubling these kinds is that the media which the left used extensively to manipulate the Indian people is now being used for winning NM. They consider media to be their own control.

This defies their plan since NM has shown that it is one nation and One people.
That is why on May 15, on the eve of the counting of votes, in Lucknow, a subaltern man who voted for Samajwadi Party in the last elections, tells me, ‘on this date, there is no leader in the world taller than Narendra Modi.’ The local, rather than being in a democratic dialogue with the national, melts away to be replaced by the distant national.
Their long term plan it show that there is no one nation and there is no one people.
amol
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amol »

Arjun wrote:
Raja Bose wrote:Who is this Nissim idiot from Dalhousie University Canada?
One of the JNU Marxists, now abroad....Nissim is a Jewish name. Is he one of those Jews settled in Kerala?
Not necessarily. I know someone with that name from a pretty devout Hindu family. The name is a compound word 'Nis + Seema' i.e. without boundaries (i.e. One whose love, devotion etc etc knows no boundaries).