Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 21 Apr 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 21 Apr

Post by Prem »

anupmisra wrote:
ramana wrote:That drone strike in Haqqani area doesn't make sense.
My instincts tell me that the target was the cargo hangar (and not the passenger terminals). Maybe there was a high value target in the VIP lounge next to the cargo hangar. That's why they entered from the west. That cockamamie story of "wanting to hijack a plane" is a non-starter.
Mushy Going To Saudia with strategic Maal and Haqqanis tried to snatch both and stake claim for becoming Malik, Caliph of Jahils. Haqqani having Nuke would have created huge problem for every party involved in conflict.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Some more pictures of the damage

Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Anujan wrote:Some more pictures of the damage
This is now a petting zoo anywhere else except for Bakistan.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

The following pic posted above by Anujan is interesting. It is the inside of an aircraft - probably a small one showing seats on the side facing consoles on the side. The cockpit appears to be in the background - if the photo is facing the front of the aircraft from just behind the cockpit. But OTOH those are just seats one behind the other I guess - I'm not sure - and the "cockpit" is a huge hole in the side.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Kya Chakkar Hai, Kiske Munh Mey Ghee Shakkar Hai
Second drone strike kills 10 in North Waziristan
MIRANSHAH: At least 10 people were killed in a second drone strike in North Waziristan during last 24 hours, Geo News reported.Sources said the drone targeted a house and fired 8 missiles near Miranshah, headquarters of the restive agency. As a result, 10 people were killed. Earlier, in the first attack by the predator in Tibbi, Ghulam Khan Goth in Miranshah six suspected militants were killed.According to sources, a US drone fired two missiles at the house killing four Uzbek militants and two Punjabi-Taliban militants.
vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

shiv wrote:
vijaykarthik wrote: Slightly wrong. The US is typically aware. It uses Pak as a control rod. When it needs something done... say get rid of the Af mess etc, they need to give in to Pak demands... stuff like terrorist activities against India, secession activities in J&K etc... US will heed to the whims and fancies as it needs to get a hold of stuff it needs to get rid of. Else, US will say NO to those and have a lot more of vehemence in the NO. That way.
The US has not managed to control Pakistan any more than a man with incontinence can control his pee. People simply imagine these things based on US bluster, reputation and a blind admiration for non existent American capability; regarding a US which has shown itself to be hamfisted and incapable of doing anything right other than military victories over Grenada, Serbia, Iraq and Afghanistan. And they are not going to fight Pakistan - so I see no US victory there. Except one single raid for Osammy for which they deserve some credit - only because the Pakis were watching India.

I think Indians need to get out of this mindset that the US can do all sorts of things. That clouds Indian thinking - sometimes at the highest levels. I have studied the situation too long to believe that naively admiring view of the US. The US does not and will not control Pakistan and can do nothing about Pakistani nukes. The US will fund and bribe Pakistan and arm them in the hope that the Pakis will do things for them. Unless Indians can see the difference between those two things - we will never figure out geopolitical reality. The US is afraid to stop bribing Pakistan because of the damage that the US could suffer - so it is Pakistan that has the US by the balls, contrary to what people imagine.
Mmh, there is a slight difference between what I meant and what you have understood as what I meant. By using it as a control rod, I didn't mean controlling the nation state... but looking at the big picture and giving in to its ridiculous demands depending on what US wants vis-à-vis not giving in to demands when the US hasn't a need to get something done. Which, in an indirect way, basically puts both you and me in the same page.

All said and done -- lets not forget the fact that most times when Pak is / was trying to prepare for a war / skirmish with India, the US has had advance notice. And mostly either tacitly approves or keeps quiet... which is basically tacitly approving too? Though they will come out condemning the acts once the event has happened, post facto. And therein lies the context of the last post.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

shiv wrote:The following pic posted above by Anujan is interesting. It is the inside of an aircraft - probably a small one showing seats on the side facing consoles on the side. The cockpit appears to be in the background - if the photo is facing the front of the aircraft from just behind the cockpit. But OTOH those are just seats one behind the other I guess - I'm not sure - and the "cockpit" is a huge hole in the side.
shiv: the view is standing in the aisle facing the right side of the aircraft. You can see the two windows (for 2 rows of seats). The Entertainment Screen on the back of one seat has been pried off a bit. I don't understand the blue and pink fabric thingies that don't look much like seats any more, but the row ahead is certainly Economy Class seats. Probably a large aircraft.

Overall, nicely pakistanned (formerly) aircraft. Score one to the Laskhar. That fuselage is not going to be safe for pressurization any time soon.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vijaykarthik wrote:
Mmh, there is a slight difference between what I meant and what you have understood as what I meant. By using it as a control rod, I didn't mean controlling the nation state... but looking at the big picture and giving in to its ridiculous demands depending on what US wants vis-à-vis not giving in to demands when the US hasn't a need to get something done. Which, in an indirect way, basically puts both you and me in the same page.
The differences are semantic. The US's "control rod" (or other control effort) over Pakistan has failed to control anything - and US governments have lied to their people that they are exerting complete or partial control over US interests by manipulating and bribing Pakistan. Be that as it may - all this information is totally useless to an Indian unless he chooses to delude himself that US actions might somehow benefit India - such as the mythology "The US has an eye on Pakistani nukes and will act if need be".

The Indian attitude with an firm eye on Indian interests should really be to know that at best US actions with regard to Pakistan do not benefit India and at worst they will hamper or serve as an obstruction to India. No direct benefit to India should be anticipated from US Pakistani relations or interaction.So imagining that a Pakistani nuclear threat to India will be modified or reduced by US action is naive in the extreme. This is where this particular discussion started.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

UlanBatori wrote: shiv: the view is standing in the aisle facing the right side of the aircraft. You can see the two windows (for 2 rows of seats). The Entertainment Screen on the back of one seat has been pried off a bit. I don't understand the blue and pink fabric thingies that don't look much like seats any more, but the row ahead is certainly Economy Class seats. Probably a large aircraft.

Overall, nicely pakistanned (formerly) aircraft. Score one to the Laskhar. That fuselage is not going to be safe for pressurization any time soon.
Now I see it. There is a huge hole in the floor on the right side of the cabin. What fooled me and continues to do so is the absence of TV screens on some seats and the mysterious wall in front of the seats on the left - maybe the scene is of the forward most seats of PakiDonkey class seating

This aircraft can still be useful to fly Pakistani SSG Kamandus with parachutes towards India and they can parachute out before the door opens over the jump area.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

It appears that the packees have reassessed their opposition to America's most gracious flight suited drone warriors in Nevada and their world wide bugsplat program.

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/news/world/10- ... an-n129181

I suspect that things will get a bit more intense in Iraq also.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

This picture is from yesterday. The fellas are using a dowsing rod to search for bombs in cars in Karachi airport.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1112181/karach ... -detectors
Security guards at the Karachi airport were using their own version of a fake bomb detector made by a British con artist, the Western media reports.

The fake detector, known as ADE 65, was made by a British con artist Jim McCormick, who earned more than 50 million pounds by selling his device to unsuspecting security agencies around the world.

Mr McCormick claimed that the device included a telescopic radio aerial, attached by a hinge to a plastic handgrip. When used by a “properly trained” operator, who must first sensitise it to the “molecular frequency” of explosives, it was supposed to point out bombs by swinging towards them. :rotfl:
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Maybe better to hold the guy on the left in wheelbarrow style. He looks definitely capable of leading anyone to the nearest bomb
Harish
BRFite

Post by Harish »

shiv wrote:Now I see it. There is a huge hole in the floor on the right side of the cabin. What fooled me and continues to do so is the absence of TV screens on some seats and the mysterious wall in front of the seats on the left - maybe the scene is of the forward most seats of PakiDonkey class seating

This aircraft can still be useful to fly Pakistani SSG Kamandus with parachutes towards India and they can parachute out before the door opens over the jump area.
It looks like the talibani kammandus blew open the hull, on the right side looking toward the cockpit, and what you are seeing is the wide open world illuminated by the light of day.

The pakis will probably advertise a better view for those seats and charge a premium. :lol:

ETA: The seats with missing video screens could be the emergency exit ones?
Harish
BRFite

Post by Harish »

Anujan wrote:This picture is from yesterday. The fellas are using a dowsing rod to search for bombs in cars in Karachi airport.

Security guards at the Karachi airport were using their own version of a fake bomb detector made by a British con artist, the Western media reports.

The fake detector, known as ADE 65, was made by a British con artist Jim McCormick, who earned more than 50 million pounds by selling his device to unsuspecting security agencies around the world.

Mr McCormick claimed that the device included a telescopic radio aerial, attached by a hinge to a plastic handgrip. When used by a “properly trained” operator, who must first sensitise it to the “molecular frequency” of explosives, it was supposed to point out bombs by swinging towards them. :rotfl:
No wonder al-bakistan is unable to detect explosives and stuff, and mayhem ensues. Blame it on Western technology only. To compensate, the world must pay bakis $10 billion.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

molecular frequency of explosive - right up there with vaccum explosion of bulbs.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

We need to fit one of these on top of a water powered car. Only the aegis class and typhoon class can compete with these then.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Anujan wrote:This picture is from yesterday. The fellas are using a dowsing rod to search for bombs in cars in Karachi airport.

The funniest part of the article is actually a little while lower down the page:
Dawn reported in January 2010 that security personnel at various Pakistani airports were also using the fake detector.

And The Guardian reported on Monday that Pakistani security officials were still using a device of their own design that operated on the same principle as ADE 65.
Not satisfied with the working of the fake detector, Pakistanis are making their own *counterfeit* version of the fake detector! You can't make this stuff up.

Now I'd like to see them try and sell the knock-off of the fake detector to other countries. Perhaps they could paint it green and call it the Sultan Rahi Bum Jasoosi Mark I.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^Guys this shite is still in pretty wide use across the Middle East, though not as much as say 5 years ago. They are refusing to admit they have been conned, and pretending it works. Says something about the psyche...

I still remember first seeing it in Damascus, as the car was entering a hotel... was curious and asked my local support what the thing was and the guy described it proudly as if it was the cutting edge of tech. It was all I could do to stop myself exploding with laughter in his face. However, I controlled myself and told him what he was describing was well nigh impossible with the goddamned radio aerial that the chap was holding with what looked like a baton-grip with batteries... He did not seem offended, rather looked at me as if I was slightly touched.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Another great video about Carlotta Gall's book - "The Wrong Enemy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA8fzs8H3sw
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Remember that paki student that got beaten up in Pondicherry and vowed never to return? Well, he wants to go to India again a thousand times as "I have more friends there than I have in Pakistan".
“In India, many universities have Pakistan Studies departments and many students have done PhDs on Pakistan but we don’t have Indian Studies centres at our universities”
He also added that he got a lot of love and affection in India but was hugely disappointed by the response of his own people who objected to his decision of studying in India and maligned him for going there
“In Pakistan, students are taught that India is a caste-ridden society and its people kill their daughters; however, the reality is quite different. India is a very diverse country”
Let me guess....Ali is a Shia?
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Damn.... how did I miss this veritable Starfleet Tricoder?! NQR and NMR tech and bottom-fed programmed hyperawesome chips. It also incorporates the Force apparently so no need for Trekkies and Star Wars Fans to fight anymore:-
According to Husam Muhammad, an Iraqi police officer and user of the ADE 651, using the device properly is more of an art than a science: "If we are tense, the device doesn't work correctly. I start slow, and relax my body, and I try to clear my mind."
Read this one and bring down your trust in human intellect a few notches. Consequently, perfect for use in TSP. Only a major con like this can detect cons like vacuum explosions, smoking mangoes and sunroof levers.

anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Yogi_G wrote:We need to fit one of these on top of a water powered car. Only the aegis class and typhoon class can compete with these then.
Good call. That's what the water car was missing, a radio antenna.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

No wonder Iraqis are failing to stop car bombings.
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Mushy has been allowed to fly away but departure may be held up
Islamabad: In a significant development, a court in Pakistan on Thursday allowed former president Pervez Musharraf to leave the country. The court, however, gave the Pakistan government 15 days to appeal against its order.

Confirming the development, Pervez Musharraf's lawyer said a court in Pakistan's southern city of Karachi today ordered the government to remove former military ruler's name from a no-fly list in 15 days' time.
Considering that it more than an hour since this news came and nobody on BRF posted wonder if it is indeed true.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

IED attack kills a jawan and injures 3 - PTI
An Army jawan was killed and three others injured in a blast triggered by an IED attack along LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir today.

“A patrol party of Army was targeted by an Improvised Explosive Device at approximately 0830 hours today along LoC Gambhir battalion area,” Defence spokesperson Col. Manish Mehta said in Jammu.

In the blast, one Jawan lost his life while 3 others suffered injuries, the spokesman said, adding that, the injured Jawans have been admitted to the military hospital.

A search operation was in progress in the area till the last reports came in, he said.

The slain jawan has been identified as Sepoy Shanker Singh and the injured as Lance Naik Mohinder Singh, Sepoy Shamveer and Sepoy Surinder Prasad.

As per official reports, an IED has been planted by the suspected militants in a foot track going to a forward post in Tarkundi forward belt along LoC.

During the switching over the units from old unit of 20 Jat to new unit of 6 Rajput, the IED was exploded through remote control to target troops.
{The modus operanus seems to take advantage of such rotations. The beheading also took place at such times}

The modus operandi is similar to the IED attacks that took place along LoC in 2014 and 2013 in Jammu and Kashmir.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

dowsing rod

DipS(h)tick
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ArmenT wrote:Not satisfied with the working of the fake detector, Pakistanis are making their own *counterfeit* version of the fake detector! You can't make this stuff up.

Now I'd like to see them try and sell the knock-off of the fake detector to other countries. Perhaps they could paint it green and call it the Sultan Rahi Bum Jasoosi Mark I.
OMG :rotfl: Please, enough.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

...When used by a “properly trained” operator, who must first sensitise it to the “molecular frequency” of explosives, it was supposed to point out bombs by swinging towards them. :rotfl:
I bet it swings to the nearest Paki Musharaff every time. It can smell Pindi Channa and Nihari a mile away.

-M
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistan Railways Cuts Deficit for the first time in 4 Decades ! - DT
Excerpt
He disclosed that 60 new engines would join the Railways fleet by December this year while tenders were being issued to acquire another 75 new engines with major emphasis on coal-powered engines.

He explained that 50 of them would be coal-powered engines of 4500 Horse Power, more powerful than the existing 3000 HP engines of Pakistan Railways.

He expressed the optimism that Pakistan Railways would be out of crisis situation by August 2014 with regard to upgraded facilities.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Link
Famous actress Meera said that the total expenditure of her home is Rs 3000 per month after the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) asked her to show her assets. . . . Earlier, the FBR had asked 12 actresses, including Meera, Noor, Laila, Nirma and others to show their assets
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

It is not remote control to detonate bomns so it follows that in Pakistan it must be a detector.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

SSridhar wrote:Pakistan Railways Cuts Deficit for the first time in 4 Decades ! - DT
Excerpt
He disclosed that 60 new engines would join the Railways fleet by December this year while tenders were being issued to acquire another 75 new engines with major emphasis on coal-powered engines.

He explained that 50 of them would be coal-powered engines of 4500 Horse Power, more powerful than the existing 3000 HP engines of Pakistan Railways.

He expressed the optimism that Pakistan Railways would be out of crisis situation by August 2014 with regard to upgraded facilities.
Wait the rest of the world has given up steam engines but Pakistan is going back to steam engines??
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

SSridhar wrote:Link
Famous actress Meera said that the total expenditure of her home is Rs 3000 per month after the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) asked her to show her assets. . . . Earlier, the FBR had asked 12 actresses, including Meera, Noor, Laila, Nirma and others to show their assets
I wonder what "ASSETS" of these actresses were examined.

Meanwhile, I hope the publish before hand the date of departure and ask Musharaf to leave via the vip lounge of Karachi airport without escorts.
Last edited by Aditya_V on 12 Jun 2014 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Aditya_V wrote: Wait the rest of the world has given up steam engines but Pakistan is going back to steam engines??
Next step is "ship of desert",a.k.a, camel power just like their Forefathers from Arabia!
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

On a different note. I personally know 4 Pakis with the same face cut and features as the man holding the bicycle spoke. In breeding is showing results far and wide.

-M
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

SSridhar wrote:Pakistan Railways Cuts Deficit for the first time in 4 Decades ! - DT
Excerpt

It is a blackmail trick. They want free Bombardiers. Again classic case of threats of suicide.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Excerpt

SSridhar Ji :

The Coal will be used to create Steam in a Boiler and this Steam will dirve a Steam Turbine which will Generate Electricity which will then Drive the Locomotive. Voilà!

Cheers Image
vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

Aditya_V wrote:
I wonder what "ASSETS" of these actresses were examined.

Meanwhile, I hope the publish before hand the date of departure and ask Musharaf to leave via the vip lounge of Karachi airport without escorts.
hmm, innocent question: are you hinting that the assets were quickly verified to speedily enable escort service? Or am I reading too much into your disparate statements?