Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

harbans
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by harbans »

That pic is of Padmasambhava who got Buddhism to Tibet. A Brahmin from present day Swat. Many Westerners are surprised when i tell them every major Buddhist canon was propagated by Brahmins.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Atri wrote: perfect, isn't? :)
Har Har Mahadev indeed.

My eyes are filled with tears as I absorb this picture.
I bow to the Vagdevi for giving me the courage to dream all this a few years ago!

BTW, Kudos on Indrashakti prediction. Did you see my post on that? Let's see if you got your Ghatokacha this time :)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Yogi_G wrote:
jamwal wrote:Presence of a Sikh would've been better ?
Meant to say that the previous PM could have done this as well and it would pack a punch of a Sardar posing a direct challenge to China as Sri.Modi has done.

let not the significance of the picture be lost. A Dharmic leader of Bharath visiting a Dharmic neighbour and bowing to Indic religious greats where a Dharmic sampradaya fused itself with the native Bon religion and helped it move further deep into China and eventually onto Japan. This should send a shiver down Communist leaders in China, the bulk of their people were once part of this family and can be easily drawn back to it with their demise.

or maybe I am reading too much into it. :twisted:
Hmm...

I thought you meant a Sikh showing his allegiance to Bharat instead of Khalistan-nonsense. Never mind.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Yogi_G wrote:. This should send a shiver down Communist leaders in China, the bulk of their people were once part of this family and can be easily drawn back to it with their demise.

or maybe I am reading too much into it. :twisted:
No you are not. We can be certain that Modi's choice of Bhutan first is jam packed with significance and signals.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

RamaY wrote:
Atri wrote: perfect, isn't? :)
Har Har Mahadev indeed.

My eyes are filled with tears as I absorb this picture.
I bow to the Vagdevi for giving me the courage to dream all this a few years ago!

BTW, Kudos on Indrashakti prediction. Did you see my post on that? Let's see if you got your Ghatokacha this time :)
Thanks.. But I am still stressed. Lets wait for 3.4 years in which all this will pan out. Ghatotkacha candidate is "worthy enough" - thats alright. now lets hope, he is capable enough to create a pain in mush for Karna and Kauravas and make them panic. :D else he is just another Ramu Dhanush-waala. :P

As I said, until we are out of this chakravyuha, not a moment of mental respite at least for me. 2015-2020/22 is very delicate and crucial. the storm has not hit us yet frontally. But we look much better to face it than we did 2-3 months ago. Lets brace for the impact beginning from september/october this year.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

IndraD wrote:Modi to visit Bhutan only with DD team no golgappa brigade allowed.
What do you mean by golgppa brigade?

I have a request. Aside from standard BRF acronyms, we should think about making our meaning clear when putting down our metaphorical thoughts.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Where do you guys pick such pictures. That is a collectors item. I see myself showing it to my son/daughter when they are grown up.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Atri ji,

Your next blog post "In search of a Ghatokacha" :mrgreen:

Qualifications:
- should be product of Bhimasena (the one who destroyed 7akshauhinis but never become Chakravartin) and one Hidimbi.
- should be able to fight in the nights/shadows, unlike others
- Kamarupi
- Should create enough mayhem in Kuru camp that they go running to Karna(?)
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
Gus wrote:imagine a huge ship heading towards an iceberg.

and suddenly modi is made captain.

he is going to focus on things he thinks is needed to avert the collision first. everything else is later.
True.

But NaMo and NaMo-vaadies had created a myth since jan-2012 that all that is needed is to change captain, and things will get fixed in 24 hours !! They both opposed all law-drafts needed to fix India. And they never informed Indian activists and voters about how weak the Indian Military has become due to misrule of PVNR, ABV, MMS etc and how bad the economy too has become in past 23 years since 1991. Even Sonia's decision of suppressing census-2011 religion/language data was supported by BJP etc.

So NaMo and NaMo-vaadies created the myth that "all that is needed is a good captain to fix the things in 24 hours". So now let them suffer the heat generated by feeling that -- "well, things didnt change in 24 hours, so the new captain must be as compromised as previous one".
I have respect for you as a person who takes the risk of getting into the political process.

That doesn't mean it is ok for you to engage in radom rhetorical excess. Modi has said give me 60 months, where did he say 24 hours?

The religious breakdown info in census seems to be a genuine issue. Aside from that there have been plenty of articles about state of military. It is problematic for Indian political leaders to declare military is weak, it can be an invitation for enemies to attack, like barkha dutt announcing on TV that jewellery market in surat has no police.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Murthy saar, please to be not banging your head against wall. Neither Modi nor his bhakts claimed India will be good in 24hours. It is a strawman argument created by trouble makers. Like you rightly point out, Modi demanded 60 months; however Modi has done more in 24 days than what Congress has achieved in 24 years.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

harbans wrote:That pic is of Padmasambhava who got Buddhism to Tibet. A Brahmin from present day Swat. Many Westerners are surprised when i tell them every major Buddhist canon was propagated by Brahmins.
True to a huge extent. During Buddha or Mahavira days, when these luminaries challenged the tradition or questioned them, the brahmin camps were split - some opposed them while others actively supported them. History books, pick the camp that opposed these mahapurushs and create a NEGATIVE NARRATION of brahmins.

ps: There is a contention that he might be from the preset Odisha region, and not SWAT.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Along with his visit to Japan, he should make a point to visit some key Tibet temples...followed by a direct visit to the ravan lands... returning home via TN, where he agrees to amma's proposal to join the gov... of course with no commitment on who should get what position.. the agreement should be based on what she wants, if modi can accept that and not based on what seats sharing etc.. gone are the days of seats and party bickering.. it is the time of execution of policies.

The bullet train project should kick with planned 100 new cities taking shape. I only hope the bullet train rails are parallel to new expressways la interstates/autobahns.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

KLNMurthy wrote:
IndraD wrote:Modi to visit Bhutan only with DD team no golgappa brigade allowed.

I have a request. Aside from standard BRF acronyms, we should think about making our meaning clear when putting down our metaphorical thoughts.
term has come from SM
B Dutt commanded enough clout to be treated with golgappa in PM's kitchen whenever PMO team visited videsh
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

^Oh, I thought they are called golgappas (pani-puris) because they have developed well-rounded personalities over the years.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

IndraD wrote:

term has come from SM
B Dutt commanded enough clout to be treated with golgappa in PM's kitchen whenever PMO team visited videsh
Thanks for clarification.
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:^Oh, I thought they are called golgappas (pani-puris) because they have developed well-rounded personalities over the years.
That and the fact that they hollow inside!!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:^Oh, I thought they are called golgappas (pani-puris) because they have developed well-rounded personalities over the years.
or specifically, the rotund avoirdupois of burqa butt, legend in her own mind and notorious liar, media crook and news trader par excellence
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Gusimagine a huge ship heading towards an iceberg. and suddenly modi is made captain. he is going to focus on things he thinks is needed to avert the collision first. everything else is later.

Rahul Mehta: True. But NaMo and NaMo-vaadies had created a myth since jan-2012 that all that is needed is to change captain, and things will get fixed in 24 hours !! They both opposed all law-drafts needed to fix India. And they never informed Indian activists and voters about how weak the Indian Military has become due to misrule of PVNR, ABV, MMS etc and how bad the economy too has become in past 23 years since 1991. Even Sonia's decision of suppressing census-2011 religion/language data was supported by BJP etc. So NaMo and NaMo-vaadies created the myth that "all that is needed is a good captain to fix the things in 24 hours". So now let them suffer the heat generated by feeling that -- "well, things didnt change in 24 hours, so the new captain must be as compromised as previous one".

vivek.rao:

Who told that every thing will be fixed in 24 hours? Did the people elect Govt for 24 hours or 5 years?

You have this concept of how great Guj was ruled by CONGis in 1990s in spite of stupid economy, 24x7x365 riots where as Modi/BJP are all dangerous MNC/EJ agents who with the help of PAIDMEDIA selling nation. You also LIE how all Gujarat had 24x7 electricity.

Things are being fixed. Anti-national/Islamic/western elements planted by CON MAFIA/Western powers in media, Govt, bureaucracy and NGOs have to eliminated brick by brick. It will take time. The poison injected by CONGis, SONIA has to be removed from the system. Along with that, we have to fight the vested interests of all Indians by their caste/religion/identity. Your party Congress created a system for 60+ years to pit one group against another and destroyed the concept of fairness/justice in the society. There is no concept of national interest among Indians. This is your gift to the country. For the first time in a long time, Modi made people across UC/OBC/SC/ST to think of India as one and development of India as a goal.

Your father's party in the last 50 years have never made people to think country as one and people as Indians. Did they? It is Muslims vs SCs vs OBC vs UC. Did you once raise your voice against it? once? Did you?
I have asked admins to issue a warning to the postor vivek.rao
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Another collector's item

bigger pic here:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fauMiT963Ow/U ... 0/1-pd.jpg
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
Gusimagine a huge ship heading towards an iceberg. and suddenly modi is made captain. he is going to focus on things he thinks is needed to avert the collision first. everything else is later.

Rahul Mehta: True. But NaMo and NaMo-vaadies had created a myth since jan-2012 that all that is needed is to change captain, and things will get fixed in 24 hours !! They both opposed all law-drafts needed to fix India. And they never informed Indian activists and voters about how weak the Indian Military has become due to misrule of PVNR, ABV, MMS etc and how bad the economy too has become in past 23 years since 1991. Even Sonia's decision of suppressing census-2011 religion/language data was supported by BJP etc. So NaMo and NaMo-vaadies created the myth that "all that is needed is a good captain to fix the things in 24 hours". So now let them suffer the heat generated by feeling that -- "well, things didnt change in 24 hours, so the new captain must be as compromised as previous one".

vivek.rao:

Who told that every thing will be fixed in 24 hours? Did the people elect Govt for 24 hours or 5 years?

You have this concept of how great Guj was ruled by CONGis in 1990s in spite of stupid economy, 24x7x365 riots where as Modi/BJP are all dangerous MNC/EJ agents who with the help of PAIDMEDIA selling nation. You also LIE how all Gujarat had 24x7 electricity.

Things are being fixed. Anti-national/Islamic/western elements planted by CON MAFIA/Western powers in media, Govt, bureaucracy and NGOs have to eliminated brick by brick. It will take time. The poison injected by CONGis, SONIA has to be removed from the system. Along with that, we have to fight the vested interests of all Indians by their caste/religion/identity. Your party Congress created a system for 60+ years to pit one group against another and destroyed the concept of fairness/justice in the society. There is no concept of national interest among Indians. This is your gift to the country. For the first time in a long time, Modi made people across UC/OBC/SC/ST to think of India as one and development of India as a goal.

Your father's party in the last 50 years have never made people to think country as one and people as Indians. Did they? It is Muslims vs SCs vs OBC vs UC. Did you once raise your voice against it? once? Did you?
I have asked admins to issue a warning to the postor vivek.rao
Rahul Mehta
I would urge you to not take it personally. You have been called out in more strident language than this before. Lets have a discussion as before. If you think that the post doesn't need a response let it be.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

any pics on LCA or MKI?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Rahul Mehta is obsessed with NaMo in somehow proving that he is damp-squab and selecting him is a waste of effort and energy.
RM ji, not even 30 days have passed since Namo became PM. At least give the man couple of years before you start
throwing stones at him.
Your posts are becoming a constant source of wailing and never ending migraine now.
Do browse L&M dhaga for some R&R :)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

New Delhi: In a rather strong move, the Prime Minister Office has struck down the proposals made by some of his ministers including Home Minister Rajnath Singh for the appointment of their private secretaries.
Sources say the PMO had turned down the choices made by four ministers for their private secretaries.
This comes on close heels of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's clear directions to his Council of Ministers to chose their office staff carefully.
PMO strikes down Rajnath, other ministers' choice of private secretaries
Modi has strictly directed not to choose officials from the UPA government to be given close positions in NDA, say sources.

While Rajnath Singh wanted Alok Singh, a 1995 batch UP cadre officer to assist him, sources say the PM rejected his appointment as he had served as the personal secretary to former Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid.
:shock:
Sources say the PMO does not want officers from the previous UPA government to be given close positions in the Modi government.
It has to be noted that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had in in a Cabinet meeting earlier this month directed his ministers to chose their office staff carefully and had ordered them not to zero in on their family members.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Singha wrote:New Delhi: In a rather strong move, the Prime Minister Office has struck down the proposals made by some of his ministers including Home Minister Rajnath Singh for the appointment of their private secretaries.
Sources say the PMO had turned down the choices made by four ministers for their private secretaries.
This comes on close heels of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's clear directions to his Council of Ministers to chose their office staff carefully.
PMO strikes down Rajnath, other ministers' choice of private secretaries
Modi has strictly directed not to choose officials from the UPA government to be given close positions in NDA, say sources.

While Rajnath Singh wanted Alok Singh, a 1995 batch UP cadre officer to assist him, sources say the PM rejected his appointment as he had served as the personal secretary to former Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid.
:shock:
Sources say the PMO does not want officers from the previous UPA government to be given close positions in the Modi government.
It has to be noted that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had in in a Cabinet meeting earlier this month directed his ministers to chose their office staff carefully and had ordered them not to zero in on their family members.
Even his own men are closet congressites. How can Rajnath be so stupid? Based on this alone, he is unfit for the job of home ministry.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

RoyG wrote:Even his own men are closet congressites. How can Rajnath be so stupid? Based on this alone, he is unfit for the job of home ministry.
I guess because he was appointed as executive director of security in Air India just days before election results. Rajnath probably didn't check where he worked before Air india.

anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Nehru’s Last Stand?

By Shashi Tharoor, project-syndicate.org

Jun 16th 2014

NEW DELHI – The victory of the Bharatiya Janata Party and its leader, Narendra Modi, in India’s general election last month has raised a crucial question about the country’s future. With the BJP sweeping to power on a platform of aggressive nationalism and business-friendly corporatism, has the socioeconomic consensus dating to India’s first prime minister, the democratic socialist Jawaharlal Nehru, come to an end?

The “Nehruvian consensus” facilitated India’s democratic maturation and accommodated the country’s many diverse interests, without permitting any one group or section to dominate the nascent nation-state. It is fashionable today to decry Nehruvian socialism as a corrupt and inefficient system that condemned India to many years of slow economic growth. But at its core was the conviction that in a land of extreme poverty and inequality, the objective of government policy must be to improve the welfare of the poorest, most deprived, and most marginalized.

In Nehru’s day, the best way to accomplish that was by building up structures of public ownership and state control of resources, as well as by boosting economic capacity through government intervention. Of course, Nehru’s economic vision had its flaws, giving rise, for example, to the so-called “license-permit-quota Raj,” under which government control stifled entrepreneurial activity, which in turn held growth rates below those of India’s Southeast Asian neighbors.

India slowly repealed many of these burdensome regulations in the 1980s, when Nehru’s grandson, Rajiv Gandhi, was in power. Then, following reforms initiated by his successors atop the Indian National Congress, Narasimha Rao and Manmohan Singh, India entered a confident new era of flourishing growth and socioeconomic dynamism.

So what went wrong? Many attribute the astonishing scale of the BJP’s victory to Modi’s success in tapping into the restless (and rightful) aspirations of India’s youth after two years of a slowing economy. This is where critics deem the Congress party to have failed, focusing as it did on the needs of India’s poorest.

Congress can justifiably argue that it helped build on the economic structures of Nehru’s day while liberating them from excessive restrictions. But it remains committed to an inclusive idea of development, based on social justice and greater opportunity for India’s deprived and marginalized – an idea that is not always easily marketable to a youthful electorate that wants change here and now.

Admittedly, Congress could have better communicated its values and objectives to voters; but the BJP’s historic victory mainly reflected widespread anti-incumbent sentiment after ten years of Congress rule, aided by Modi’s ability to convince Indians that he is the messiah of change.

Those who claim that the Nehruvian consensus has unraveled allege that Congress failed to read the country’s mood – that Indians want economic growth, not social legislation. But, leaving aside the last two years, India witnessed record-high growth rates while Congress was in power. Our objective – supported by eminent economists, lawyers, and social activists with tremendous first-hand experience – was to distribute the fruits of this growth more equitably. And, though the election results might suggest otherwise, most Indians’ lives and living standards have improved in the last ten years.

This was not because of “doles,” as critics call them, but because of more generous and effective government. In fact, it is precisely the social investment carried out by Congress governments that put more children in school and more people to work, while ensuring that their basic needs were met. The alleged handouts empowered those with the least to stand on their own feet and seek to improve their lives. More people could demand more from their government, which is their right, generating a wave of aspiration that the BJP caught and rode into office.

Some predict that Congress will move further to the left economically in order to distinguish itself from the BJP, and argue that this would be counterproductive, given that voters have seemingly rejected socialist policies. But, in a country where most people in every electoral constituency live on less than $2 a day, writing off “pro-poor” policies would be unwise. Congress leaders should continue to point out that it is their policies that have enabled most Indians to reach a point at which they are better informed and more empowered to make new and different demands of their government.

The Nehruvian emphasis on socially inclusive growth is not simple “leftism”; the Congress party supports growth and led the liberalization that made growth possible. But we wish to see the benefits of that growth reach the weakest and poorest sections of Indian society. In the long run, I am certain that the Nehruvians will be rewarded for not pursuing an economic-growth model that favors a select few at the expense of everyone else.

India must shine, but it must shine for all of its citizens. Unless Modi can deliver inclusive growth, his triumph will prove short-lived and the Nehruvians will return.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

VikasRaina wrote: Do browse L&M dhaga for some R&R :)
What does R&R mean?

'Reward & Recognition' or 'Relief & Rehabilitation' or 'Rahul Mehta vs Rahul Mehta'.

But still Rahul Mehta ko gussa kyun aata hai?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Gosh Alok Singh is well known in IAS circle for being congi chamcha
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

anmol wrote:
Nehru’s Last Stand?

Jun 16th 2014

NEW DELHI – The victory of the Bharatiya Janata Party and its leader, Narendra Modi, in India’s general election last month has raised a crucial question about the country’s future. With the BJP sweeping to power on a platform of aggressive nationalism and business-friendly corporatism, has the socioeconomic consensus dating to India’s first prime minister, the democratic socialist Jawaharlal Nehru, come to an end?

The “Nehruvian consensus” facilitated India’s democratic maturation and accommodated the country’s many diverse interests, without permitting any one group or section to dominate the nascent nation-state. {Total Lie. Only Nehru-Gandhi family and theri retainers were allowed to gain dominance even 60 odd years after Independence.}
It is fashionable today to decry Nehruvian socialism as a corrupt and inefficient system that condemned India to many years of slow economic growth. But at its core was the conviction that in a land of extreme poverty and inequality, the objective of government policy must be to improve the welfare of the poorest, most deprived, and most marginalized.
{What is being condemend is the corny capitalism and organized, systematic loot of India under the cover of economic development. Any way how is the suicide case going?}

In Nehru’s day, the best way to accomplish that was by building up structures of public ownership and state control of resources, as well as by boosting economic capacity through government intervention. Of course, Nehru’s economic vision had its flaws, giving rise, for example, to the so-called “license-permit-quota Raj,” under which government control stifled entrepreneurial activity, which in turn held growth rates below those of India’s Southeast Asian neighbors. :rotfl:

{Again not ture. The reality was Nehru adopted the commanding heights economy model of FSU which was discredited with collapse of FSU in 1992.}

India slowly repealed many of these burdensome regulations in the 1980s, when Nehru’s grandson, Rajiv Gandhi, was in power. Then, following reforms initiated by his successors atop the Indian National Congress, Narasimha Rao and Manmohan Singh, India entered a confident new era of flourishing growth and socioeconomic dynamism.

{Again the roll back in 1980s was too little and too late as in early 1992 India faced bankruptcy and showed this roll back was miniscule and worjtless action.}

So what went wrong? Many attribute the astonishing scale of the BJP’s victory to Modi’s success in tapping into the restless (and rightful) aspirations of India’s youth after two years of a slowing economy. This is where critics deem the Congress party to have failed, focusing as it did on the needs of India’s poorest.

Congress can justifiably argue that it helped build on the economic structures of Nehru’s day while liberating them from excessive restrictions. But it remains committed to an inclusive idea of development, based on social justice and greater opportunity for India’s deprived and marginalized – an idea that is not always easily marketable to a youthful electorate that wants change here and now.

{They can argue but its not based on truth which is the nation's motto!}

Admittedly, Congress could have better communicated its values and objectives to voters; but the BJP’s historic victory mainly reflected widespread anti-incumbent sentiment after ten years of Congress rule, aided by Modi’s ability to convince Indians that he is the messiah of change.

{Looks like bad communications is the new matnra from Congress. The rout in 2014 elections shows its was more than a communications problem. Its total defeat of the Nehruvian poverty capitalism}

Those who claim that the Nehruvian consensus has unraveled allege that Congress failed to read the country’s mood – that Indians want economic growth, not social legislation. But, leaving aside the last two years, India witnessed record-high growth rates while Congress was in power. Our objective – supported by eminent economists, lawyers, and social activists with tremendous first-hand experience – was to distribute the fruits of this growth more equitably. And, though the election results might suggest otherwise, most Indians’ lives and living standards have improved in the last ten years.

{i]{What is the Nehruvian consensus that 2G retainers boliviate? Is it to allow the Indira Gandhi's progeny to loot without any accountability?}[/i]

This was not because of “doles,” as critics call them, but because of more generous and effective government. :rotfl: In fact, it is precisely the social investment carried out by Congress governments that put more children in school and more people to work, while ensuring that their basic needs were met. The alleged handouts empowered those with the least to stand on their own feet and seek to improve their lives. More people could demand more from their government, which is their right, generating a wave of aspiration that the BJP caught and rode into office.

{Err genoroisty with whose funds? Looks like Congress used to steal Rs 100,000 crores in one scam and share a few crores and that is supposed to be effecitve government?}

Some predict that Congress will move further to the left economically in order to distinguish itself from the BJP, and argue that this would be counterproductive, given that voters have seemingly rejected socialist policies. But, in a country where most people in every electoral constituency live on less than $2 a day, writing off “pro-poor” policies would be unwise. Congress leaders should continue to point out that it is their policies that have enabled most Indians to reach a point at which they are better informed and more empowered to make new and different demands of their government.

The Nehruvian emphasis on socially inclusive growth is not simple “leftism”; the Congress party supports growth and led the liberalization that made growth possible. But we wish to see the benefits of that growth reach the weakest and poorest sections of Indian society. In the long run, I am certain that the Nehruvians will be rewarded for not pursuing an economic-growth model that favors a select few at the expense of everyone else.
{i]{An oxymoron is there is one. Nehruvian growth only bettered the Gandhi family and its retainers who murder their Rs 50 crore girl friends and preach morals!!!}[/i]

India must shine, but it must shine for all of its citizens. Unless Modi can deliver inclusive growth, his triumph will prove short-lived and the Nehruvians will return.

India wil shine with or without idiots like Shashi Tharoor who should be in jail instead of writing poleimcs.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

anmol wrote:
Nehru’s Last Stand?

Jun 16th 2014

The “Nehruvian consensus” facilitated India’s democratic maturation and accommodated the country’s many diverse interests, without permitting any one group or section to dominate the nascent nation-state. It is fashionable today to decry Nehruvian socialism as a corrupt and inefficient system that condemned India to many years of slow economic growth. But at its core was the conviction that in a land of extreme poverty and inequality, the objective of government policy must be to improve the welfare of the poorest, most deprived, and most marginalized.
This guy is such a gas bag. Cong was thrown out because people were tired of corruption, inflation, broken roads, no job opportunities, no schools, no bridges over rivers, no electricity ... They are tired of poverty and lack of basic amenities that other countries take for granted. He keeps babbling about "inclusive growth" when there was no growth. Cong believes in inclusive poverty, not inclusive growth. The guy cannot comprehend why 60 years of Cong-style "inclusive growth" were not sufficient to reduce poverty in India and why are Biharis migrating for jobs to Gujarat, the state where presumable there was only "exclusive growth" under Modi.

And since the years under Nehru were a total economic disaster that even Tharoor cannot defend, he keeps babbling about democracy, as if democracy was gifted to India by Nehru, and not by the constitution. Was Nehru a democrat? He conspired with Gandhi to unethically usurp the PM chair whose rightful owner was Sardar Patel, and then set up a dynasty which we are suffering till today. So what "Nehru gave us democracy" crap is this idiot gassing about?
Last edited by SanjayC on 16 Jun 2014 23:49, edited 3 times in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ramana wrote: India wil shine with or without idiots like Shashi Tharoor who should be in jail instead of writing poleimcs.
:rotfl:

Effect of English!

Unfortunately Indians often think one's fluency in English language is an indicator of one's wisdom.

We have sashi-Tharoors all over the place.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

SanjayC wrote: This guy is such a gas bag. Cong was thrown out because people were tired of corruption, inflation, broken roads, no job opportunities, no schools, no bridges over rivers, no electricity ... They are tired of poverty and lack of basic amenities that other countries take for granted. He keeps babbling about "inclusive growth" when there was no growth. Cong believes in inclusive poverty, not inclusive growth. The guy cannot comprehend why 60 years of Cong-style "inclusive growth" were not sufficient to reduce poverty in India and why are Biharis migrating for jobs to Gujarat, the state where presumable there was only "exclusive growth" under Modi.

And since the years under Nehru were a total economic disaster that even Tharoor cannot defend, he keeps babbling about democracy, as if democracy was gifted to India by Nehru, and not by the constitution. Was Nehru a democrat? He conspired with Gandhi to unethically usurp the PM chair whose rightful owner was Sardar Patel, and then set up a dynasty which we are suffering till today. So what "Nehru gave us democracy" crap is this idiot gassing about?
He wrote an article on Modi 2.0 hoping traction from within BJP. He received none. Before mata throws him out under the advice of MSA he praised chacha to stay in matas good books. Only time will tell how often this chameleon will change colours.
AkshayM
BRFite

Post by AkshayM »

IndraD wrote:Gosh Alok Singh is well known in IAS circle for being congi chamcha
That's unbelievable, even then Rajnath goes ahead and appoints him. That too for such sensitive portfolio as MHA. Congis and Congi chamchas should be avoided like plague in the new administration.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Apart from his Hindi, Rajnath is a very very ordinary kind of leader. Lacks developmental vision, planning and much more. Left to himself he will do a bad job in the Home Ministry. But then, i think Modi exerting on Secretary appointments indicate he will be observing these Ministries much more closely. Piyush Goyal on the other hand looks a leader that can work hard and deliver. Have been impressed by some actions in the news about restoration of power. The other weak point is Vasundhara. Power to some villages near Jaisalmer was just restored yesterday (After 7 years!) even though she has been around for several months now. Modi has to bring villages in each district, elect supply in % homes, time electricity supplied logs. Moment it falls below a set target, antenna should start activating a buzzer that hoots the State CM, MP, MLA of concerned districts and associated power ministry satraps. JMT/
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^^^ I think we are too critical - I think we should call ourselves as "ubercritiques".

1. Moving a babu at the level of MHA is never easy. There will be wheels within wheels within wheels. Some wheels are not caught in nick of time and some wheels are caught but then critiqued.

2. Yes, V. Raje has been minister since months. But she is also moving at quite a good clip., see Raj's labour policy updates for example. Remember, prior to V. Raje, there were CONgoons for 5 years and they did not do anything. Getting electricity to villages in Raj is not easy - one has to ensure that there is a T&D lines available with proper infrastructure (are transformers avl and working?). This does take months to get rectified!

All in all great progress on several fronts. However, if you read MSM, CONgraze is the leader of opposition putting BJP on backfoot with multiple scams in BJP govt.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

it is v important that we create a thread to enlist achievements of BJP govt in diff states.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Kakkaji wrote:Sonia keeps Cong reins
Sonia made it clear to party workers in Rae Bareli that blaming the “bad product” for the defeat was not the correct approach as the Manmohan Singh government had significant achievements that could not be publicised.
What does it mean? If they are security related, there is no visible movement on Pakistani sponsored terror nor why India was defensive at Sharm-el-shaikh. Couple that with the Sir creek and Siachen Peacepark pullback, looks like Indian voters were not as naive as some here believe. They were savvy enough to see through the mask of Chanakyan cunning and recognize the true face of incompetence.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 17 Jun 2014 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

anmol wrote:
RoyG wrote:Even his own men are closet congressites. How can Rajnath be so stupid? Based on this alone, he is unfit for the job of home ministry.
I guess because he was appointed as executive director of security in Air India just days before election results. Rajnath probably didn't check where he worked before Air india.

I don't beliebe that Rajnath would not know.
After the long wait of 10 yrs languishing in opposition, when he has finally landed a cabinet Ministry .. he would pick a secretary without vetting his profile properly, even after hearing NaMo directive?
I think Rajnath is a lot smarter than that. I think that he knew...

Regards,
Virendra
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Rajnath Singh will eventually turn out to be a uber mediocre HM in the grand traditions of some of his illustrious predecessors. It is hard to be a minister anyways and to be a HM is the hottest state.
There is nothing in his CV that tells us that he will perform some miracle.

My bet is that he will be shunted out in 2-3 years time to some other ministry and he has been placed there only because he was BJP chief and even NaMo has to follow some protocols and keep his supporters in good humor.
I still would like to see Amit Shah getting HM job once he wins MH and Bihar for BJP.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Some who has helmed the 2014 win for BJP along with NaMo is incompetent ?

I will take more such incompetence then.