Telugu States' News and Discussion

RamaY
BRF Oldie

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by RamaY »

Rony wrote: RamaY garu, you know, I know, everyone knows that in practise this was intended only for Andhras. As you said in other post, they are concerned only about Andhras, not north Indians, not Muslims, not British, not xyz. Besides if 1956 is considered as cutoff year, what about people who are born in Telangana but whose parents migrated after 1956 ? These children are not locals of AP. Now with this twisted logic, they will be considered as not local in TN. There will be not here nor there. What will they do ? And we are talking about poor children (not middle class, not rich folks) who depend on the govt fee reimbursement. I won't even bother replying about identifying Andhras by their faces etc.
Thats a very valid point. Let AP Govt say they cannot consider people who are born after 1956 in TG region as AP residents. Then we can see what TG govt does.

There is no option but going with a honest, reasonable approach in this scenario. I think GoTG is setting the bars as it seems fit. Let the other side (whoever they are) present alternative solutions.

The issue with AP representatives is they never handled the T-movement in a constructive manner. They simply tried to ignore the issue, which appeared/projected as rude/head-strong to T-people.

Hope the >1956 born T-residents do a better job now.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Jay garu,

I am from Godavari districts and 16-anas Andhra. Just FYI.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Rajnath Singh Asks Home Secretary to Stop Infighting Between Andhra Pradesh, Telangana
Concerned over reports of infighting between the administrations of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, Home Minister Rajnath Singh today directed the Union Home Secretary to mediate between the two states and resolve the issues.

The Home Minister's intervention follows reports that the two states were allegedly fighting over a host of issues, including drinking and irrigation water, power supply and municipal affairs, official sources said.

Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami has been asked by the Home Minister to convene a meeting of the Chief Secretaries of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh as soon as possible to amicably sort out all differences between the two states.

After a separate state of Telangana formally came into existence on June 2 following bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, the two states have been negotiating the distribution of assets and allocation of officers belonging to all-India services like IAS, IPS and Indian Forest Service.

Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are also fighting over the central government's decision to incorporate seven mandals of Bhadrachalam division into Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh as part of the Polavaram Project.

Sources said the Centre's main concern is that the infighting between the two administrations should not spiral into street-fighting between the people of the two states as there have been instances of provocative statements being made by some political leaders against each other. There is no equal equal here. The provocative statements are coming from TRS politicians and ministers for the most part.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Deleted
Last edited by Suraj on 02 Jul 2014 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Poster warned for trolling, despite earlier notice.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ShyamSP garu,

This is all posturing. Both states are looking to get special funds, tax holidays, special projects etc.,

I compare TRS's political statements with CBN's Rs13L Crore demand for loss of capital.

Unfortunately the previous INC Govts at state & center created such a political scenario that every part had to promise many costly sops to the public. On top of it these parties had to spend so much money in elections to win. This caused lot of damage for the now elected Govts.

On AP side CBN has to fulfill the following are make space for YSJ
- Farm loan waiver Rs 60-70,000 cr
- New capital Rs20-30,000 cr to begin with
- Infra (Airports, employment etc) ???

On Telangana side KCR has to fulfill the following or make space for CBN/INC
- Farm loan waiver Rs 50,000 cr
- Employment (he promised Govt jobs to every family)
- 2Br house per family Rs 20-30,000 cr
- 3Acre land for each ST family (i don't know how many families are there)

That's why they are behaving like NiKu before elections; I support the party that gives special package to Bihar kind of statements.

To divert public demands from immediately implementing these schemes (especially the farm loan waivers on both sides) they are issuing controversial statements; because they don't have 100% control over their states yet. The state separation process will take at least 3-6 more months. That means the farmer will lose 1 crop completely.

Same with student loans. Unfortunately the elections happened at the same time as school-years. Now the new Govts have to pay the colleges the fee-reimbursement immediately otherwise students will lose their academic year.

That is what at stake.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

RamaY wrote: To divert public demands from immediately implementing these schemes (especially the farm loan waivers on both sides) they are issuing controversial statements; because they don't have 100% control over their states yet.
I am seeing a lot of misplaced equal equal here.

What controversial statements did CBN said with respect to Telangana ?

Which AP minister issued provocative statements against the people of Telangana ?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

What is controversial to TG may not be controversial to AP and vice Versa. How can we say it is controversial for TG state to set 1956 as the criteria for residency? We can say it is unfeasible but it is not controversial.

There will be lot of negotiations over next 6months. Things will settle within a yr.

We will see if TG leaders make this kind of statements after 1yr.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

RamaY wrote:What is controversial to TG may not be controversial to AP and vice Versa. How can we say it is controversial for TG state to set 1956 as the criteria for residency? We can say it is unfeasible but it is not controversial.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make with these semantics. You said "both" sides are giving controversial statements. But as far as in can see only one side is provoking people and only one side is feeling insecure by these provocations. If you think otherwise, please give specific examples.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

RamaY wrote:Jay garu,

I am from Godavari districts and 16-anas Andhra. Just FYI.
Doesn't matter where you are from. When birth is almost universally treated as a mark being a local why is KCR and his ilk not doing that, but using really arbitrary reasons to exclude one sect of people?

Admins, I did not know 'TG vaadis' is a no-no, just trying to distinguish normal TG folks from hardcore TG extremists. My bad...
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Rony garu,

The AP settlers are genuinely worried and are taking every comment of any TG leader as a threat. I too have properties & family in Hyd and am impacted by these things, first hand. But there is no point feeling victimized. Make our plans (to stay in TG or move back to AP) and calmly do what is needed.

KCR gang is doing things in a systematic way in Hyderabad city. They are trying to replace the Andhra RE/Mafia networks with their own. This is the main reason behind their controversial statements.

I honestly believe the fee-reimbursement issue and 1956 cutoff date is not a controversial issue. There will be enough people to complain even if they put the year as 1995 because the issue is fee reimbursement of college students (17-25yr olds). If GoTG puts any date after 2000 then they have to accept at least Rs 1000crore/yr burden for next 5rs.

There were some controversial moves from AP side too. Examples are: CBNs demand for Rs13L crore for loss of capital, trying to stop sale of electricity, seeking selection option for Govt employees etc.,
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

lot of khujli when i talk about bangalore. There are many people from other states who get freebies from the state govt. If you want freedom to work and claim to belong to other towns in india, you should be ready to respect the federal structure of the country.Targetting even phd couses is wrong.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

kvraghav wrote:lot of khujli when i talk about bangalore. There are many people from other states who get freebies from the state govt. If you want freedom to work and claim to belong to other towns in india, you should be ready to respect the federal structure of the country.Targetting even phd couses is wrong.
This is so because the formation of Telangana is such a political/leadership failure. I curse all those responsible for next 7generarions to come.

By the way Telangana has 3.5crore population but have 90+ Lakh white ration cards (BPL). I am sure the situation is same in AP too.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

Moderator: One poster accused me of trolling earlier for criticizing NaMo and his style of governance. While trolls seek to elicit emotional outbursts by intentionally bringing up controversial issues only for attention, my intention was to highlight major issues I noticed and elicit a fact based intellectual discussion.

Frankly, as one of his biggest supporters pre-election, I would be glad to be proven wrong by the esteemed forumnites, particularly by providing a factual rebuttal.. but simply namecalling is a bit - disappointing.

A major concern many of us have is that Modi is gravitating towards a stance that could only be described as "adamant pacifism". Having suffered one Mauni baba as PM for the past decade, another one in the offing is a real heart-breaker. True nationalist minded people must be violently repulsed at the very thought of suffering another such "velvet fist in velvet glove" type leader - who remains reticent instead of at least articulating the emotions & clear cut action plans on alleviating people's suffering. That NaMo gave hints of such attitude is what is so disconcerting.

I request everyone at BRF to introspect - whether you want to degrade yourself into a cheerleading squad with a Fanboi attitude towards NaMo or dispassionate Nationalist conscience keepers - who put self-declared pro-Hindu politicians on trial by fire over every single nationalist issue... Personality based cult-worship is for congressis and Abrahamists, not for us.. Afterall, haven't we seen enough stooges who suddenly turn colors once they climb the rungs of power with our support ?
Last edited by member_28533 on 02 Jul 2014 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

Self deleted
Last edited by member_28533 on 02 Jul 2014 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

RamaY wrote:Rony garu,

The AP settlers are genuinely worried and are taking every comment of any TG leader as a threat. I too have properties & family in Hyd and am impacted by these things, first hand. But there is no point feeling victimized. Make our plans (to stay in TG or move back to AP) and calmly do what is needed.

KCR gang is doing things in a systematic way in Hyderabad city. They are trying to replace the Andhra RE/Mafia networks with their own. This is the main reason behind their controversial statements.

I honestly believe the fee-reimbursement issue and 1956 cutoff date is not a controversial issue. There will be enough people to complain even if they put the year as 1995 because the issue is fee reimbursement of college students (17-25yr olds). If GoTG puts any date after 2000 then they have to accept at least Rs 1000crore/yr burden for next 5rs.

There were some controversial moves from AP side too. Examples are: CBNs demand for Rs13L crore for loss of capital, trying to stop sale of electricity, seeking selection option for Govt employees etc.,
Damn those knee-jerk reactionaries for taking affront to sweet talk of TRS politicos about "cutting off their tongues", "grabbing their houses and throwing them out by their necks", "cutting off pensions of retired state govt employees belonging to Andhra" and not to mention the never-ending extortion of Andhra-owned Hindu businesses by ABVP and TRS goons (cowards who wouldnt dare step across Chaderghat bridge towards Old city and touch a single M-shop) continuously since the beginning of this agitation.

Beating up even street hawkers and some beggars on the street for not saying "Jai Telangana" and thereby automatically becoming "Andhrollu" was a highlight I personally witnessed.

Anyway, I am not accusing you of insinuating that the fault sorely lies with Andhras... but the problem with your logic and so many other self-flagellating Andhras (including those of Andhra TDP) is that they set the bar for Telangana too low and that for Andhra too high.

Apparently, 5 years of unending verbal thrashing and physical intimidation has made it even an intellectually acceptable social norm that the proprietorship of "self-respect" and sense of "victimhood" solely lies with the Telangana people.

You should realize that perhaps some of us dont feel like waiting until the first physical blow and first drops of Andhra blood are shed in Hyderabad in the name of "regional justice", "self-respect" and what not. It is within our rights to demand responsive governance from centre, if the state government itself is the perp.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ didn't the news item posted above talks about what Modi Sarkar is doing? RNS already is interfering to ensure smooth separation of the state resources, employees and costs.

Isn't it RNS who gave stern warning to KCR when the later called for state Bandh on Polavaram issue?

I was more vocal against TRS/T-Vadi logic during t-agitation than you can ever be. But now the state is a reality and they are trying to define the policies. All I am saying is that they have to set the polices that fit their popular mandate.

It is ridiculous to argue that pensions of AP-share retired employees should be paid by TS state (finally figured their state code). These details are yet to be finalized. No wonder both sides are positioning/posturing as these things take cash away from other politically sensitive projects.

Once again its a failure of national leadership to time it this way. But since it is already done, I would rather deal with reality now.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

kvraghav wrote:lot of khujli when i talk about bangalore. There are many people from other states who get freebies from the state govt. If you want freedom to work and claim to belong to other towns in india, you should be ready to respect the federal structure of the country.Targetting even phd couses is wrong.
Newton's third law is not applicable for Telanganites, Abrahamists, and other perpetual victim communities.

Terrier Property Laws, are perhaps more appropriate in their cases -
http://www.cafepress.com/+jack_russell_ ... k,78802809
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://rlindia.blogspot.in/

My views on the matter. Since it is a long one I am giving link to by Blog wherein I have written.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Too much exaggerated talk is going on here. TRS is only talking as its only USP is to show some kind of anti-Andhra attitude. It wants some sort of retaliatory talk from AP government etc. None of these TRS "talking points" is implementable. None of these will pass even a biased court system.

What's new in TRS talk?

On top of it, Hyd's law and order is still in the hands of center. Plus, there is always a sword of UT for the next 10 years if there is too much of misbehavior.

Even the "options less" employees stuff did not fly. Latest is that 50,000 employees will be transferred to AP and with options.

Not releasing Krishna water did not fly. It was ordered to release.

All this rhetoric is expected as TRS has really nothing concrete to offer to TG population. Over next 2yrs folks will be tired of listening the same crap with no result oriented show.

The serious problem that TG will face is that it does neither attract new revenue not new investments. Neither a 1980s economy nor a 21st century economy.

TRS is trying a hafta collecting model.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

TRS and KCR made a serious mistake of attacking BJP and NM by name very badly. (It should be a lesson for T-BJP which was supporter of TRS non Indic and anti Andra actions.)

Now KCR can not go to NM or his ministers and ask for any help as there is also some history and very bad blood - Nirmala Sitaraman's husband Prakala Prabhakar is a strong opponent of the division of Telugu people and his house (which mean Nirmala Sitaraman house) and he himself personally was attacked by TRS goons during agitation. She is now supported by TDP and made a RS MP from AP. Now to ask anything from her is not possible. Aviation Minister is from Andhra. People like Prakash Jawlekar is the person who negotiated with CBN.

Only possible supporter TRS may get is SS and we all know what will happen if he wish to get anything done by SS. There is no person with whom KCR can gang up in Delhi. MQ said to be very angry with him due to his "backstabbing" of mafia party. So MQ support in parliament. All international investements etc may go to AP which with CBN in the helm of affairs enjoys better reputation and traction.

KCR now started fighting with L&T on Metro. L&T is threatening to leave the project. Some say even a letter to the said effect was already given. If it happens, it will send very very bad message to investors. Another retrospective taxation type moment as of as TG investment goes.
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

Muppalla wrote:Too much exaggerated talk is going on here. TRS is only talking as its only USP is to show some kind of anti-Andhra attitude. It wants some sort of retaliatory talk from AP government etc. None of these TRS "talking points" is implementable. None of these will pass even a biased court system.

What's new in TRS talk?

On top of it, Hyd's law and order is still in the hands of center. Plus, there is always a sword of UT for the next 10 years if there is too much of misbehavior.

Even the "options less" employees stuff did not fly. Latest is that 50,000 employees will be transferred to AP and with options.

Not releasing Krishna water did not fly. It was ordered to release.

All this rhetoric is expected as TRS has really nothing concrete to offer to TG population. Over next 2yrs folks will be tired of listening the same crap with no result oriented show.

The serious problem that TG will face is that it does neither attract new revenue not new investments. Neither a 1980s economy nor a 21st century economy.

TRS is trying a hafta collecting model.
+1.
When the basic premise for the partitioning is flawed, it becomes a Pakistan. When you build something on hate, there's not much that can grow out of that.

But having said that, I do hope all in Telangana get out of the clutches of scamsters & dons like KCR. Lose the victim mode. The country as a whole has been screwed over so much. No one has been singled out. I'll raise a lakh empty bellies to each whine of how one was deprived. The future of India is at state and every state needs to march forward with equal rigor and passion. 50 years of the mismanagement has almost destroyed India. Optimism was a luxury and a charge inviting ridicule for those who did dream. Your parents and theirs have totally lost out. Let is not be the case any more for us and our children.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Narayana Rao wrote: KCR now started fighting with L&T on Metro. L&T is threatening to leave the project. Some say even a letter to the said effect was already given. If it happens, it will send very very bad message to investors. Another retrospective taxation type moment as of as TG investment goes.
You have to read what he said about division of revenues, loans etc. He said he don't need the HYD airport or outer ring road. Take them along with you or pay the loan your self. :)

But seriously who will allow such things as real. He is only used to freak talk and drink and sleep. Now he has to show something but what will he show? Hence he keeps talking the same way.

One think is for sure, if this junk continues, the brand HYD will die down and that seems like it is happening.

See the irony, TG feeling is that please give us vimukti from Andhras. If you talk to anyone who is living on the other side they will say we don't even want to merge again with the crap.

In a decade's time once you get new enthusiasm and new economy on the other side, even this will pass away. Always talking, singing like Naxals will not work for betterment of their lives.
wasu
BRFite

Post by wasu »

Instead of leashing it after becoming CM, KCR continues to ride the demon he created. This will completely get out of control pretty soon.

Telangana retail business people ire on Marwari’s!

http://www.apherald.com/Politics/ViewAr ... arwari-s-/

Everything should be linked to nativity in new Telangana state. Political leaders have made their strong impact on people of this region. They generated opinion that Andhra people have theft their Jobs, water and Real Estate. Now they extend their version into retail business. This time Telanganites targeted Marwari Community. Local businessmen made an objection on dominance of Marwari Community in retail market in Medchal area. They feared of daily business in Medchal market area go into the hands of Marwari Community. One businessman from Marwari community opened grand wholesale shopping complex in Medchal. This causes rage to local people and have protests against Marwari businessman.

They called for bundh for commercial complexes and sitting dharna opposite Marwari shop. They said that Marwari Community has dominated local retail businessmen in Medchal. They demand to restrict Marwari Community in extending their business. How foolish these demands have? Marwari Community is known for running their business activities across the nation and they settled everywhere. If this trend continued in Telangana, no one has dared to invest in the region.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Changing topic.

I am very happy that there is a chance that Amaravati can be capital of AP. I tweeted CBN about this a couple of months back.

If realized this will be a wise choice and the name Amaravati (Abode of Gods) would please this jingos heart :D

I envision the new capital to have Amaravati fort/archaeological-remains at the center of new city with a beautiful park connecting all corners of the city/outskirts...

I hope CBN takes this opportunity and make Amaravati as the most beautiful city in the world.

After all a Jingo must dream!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

If it is Amravati, it is the best decision to have a small-green new capital. It is on the banks of river Krishna and you will ahve multiple four lane bridges to reach to Vijayawada, Jaggaipeta and on to Vja-Hyd fast lanes. Train station will still be Vijayawada. This is better than Ongole or conjested Mangalagiri area.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Muppalla wrote:
Narayana Rao wrote: KCR now started fighting with L&T on Metro. L&T is threatening to leave the project. Some say even a letter to the said effect was already given. If it happens, it will send very very bad message to investors. Another retrospective taxation type moment as of as TG investment goes.
You have to read what he said about division of revenues, loans etc. He said he don't need the HYD airport or outer ring road. Take them along with you or pay the loan your self. :)

But seriously who will allow such things as real. He is only used to freak talk and drink and sleep. Now he has to show something but what will he show? Hence he keeps talking the same way.

One think is for sure, if this junk continues, the brand HYD will die down and that seems like it is happening.

See the irony, TG feeling is that please give us vimukti from Andhras. If you talk to anyone who is living on the other side they will say we don't even want to merge again with the crap.

In a decade's time once you get new enthusiasm and new economy on the other side, even this will pass away. Always talking, singing like Naxals will not work for betterment of their lives.
ROFL!!
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ShyamSP wrote:Deleted
Last edited by Suraj on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poster warned for trolling, despite earlier notice.

Report this post
Looks like I got warned. I take the warning but BR Admins need to ponder whether criticism is valid or not.

Some comments/criticism/name-calling of mine in that post are:

- Calling Rajanath as sneaky guy?
He he voted for division without Center resolving issues beforehand and fully knowing that situation would lead to this we're seeing and now giving lecture and making the situation again as "Equal-and-Equal" so Center can insert itself as great middle person.

- Asking for books and makeup kits?
Well Politicians are clearly calling they can throw away people by identifying people based on language and face. Here we need to make judgement call whether to support politicians or support Citizens for whom Indian constitution clearly lay out some rights.

- Calling TRS goons?
1. They are targeting Andhra Houses and demolishing them including those houses people bought and registered legitimately 30 years ago. Why was legal/illegal is not issue for 30 years and suddenly in 30 days?
2. Banning media/TV channels you don't like and threatening cable operators.
3. Doing collections from big business/people
4. After Andhras going after Marwaris

BTW TRS guys (That is mild word :D to avoid another warning) are WAY better after knowing what some politician from W.Bengal said recently. I don't want to get warned again so use internet search to get news.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Amaravati is a very good choice for the Capital. After 1800 years, Amaravati (and with it the Andhras) will rise again. Immense symbolic value.

RamaY garu, have you read Andhra nagari by Papineni Sai ?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Rony wrote:Amaravati is a very good choice for the Capital. After 1800 years, Amaravati (and with it the Andhras) will rise again. Immense symbolic value.

RamaY garu, have you read Andhra nagari by Papineni Sai ?
just bought the ebook from kinige. Will read it tonight :)
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

^^

Nice. Its worth it

Andhra Pradesh capital in Amaravati ?
The new capital city of Andhra Pradesh will be built around the ancient town of Amaravati, once home to the powerful Satavahana dynasty, a senior minister and highly-placed government sources said.

Dotted with numerous Buddhist relics and a famous stupa erected during emperor Ashoka's time, the ancient town has abundant government land needed to build a new city, revenue department officials said.

With chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu keen on developing a new city on both sides of the Krishna river, officials zoomed in on Amaravati after realising that price of land in Mangalagiri, Babu's earlier choice, was too high.

"Land between Guntur and Vijayawada is fertile and the prices are way too high, so we suggested Amravati and it has been accepted," said a senior government official, privy to the latest decision.

Plans are afoot to link a few mandals in Krishna and Guntur districts, spread on either side of the river, with a six to eight lane bridge between Achampet mandal in Guntur and Nandigama in Krishna district.

Another bridge will also be built between Kanchikacherla in Krishna district and Amravati in Guntur district, officials who are working on the blueprint said.

Not just that, authorities are also mulling to improve connectivity between Vijayawada and the new capital by constructing a bridge between Gollapudi and Mangalagiri.

"The bridge has been sanctioned, and now the work will begin," an official added.

Once the bridges are constructed, the time to travel from Vijayawada and the new capital will be vastly reduced. Earlier, chief minister Naidu said the capital would be constructed between Vijayawada and Guntur around Mangalagiri.

However considering that land acquisition could pose serious problems, with cost hovering around Rs 15 crore per acre, revenue officials zeroed in on Amaravati, located about 35 km north-west of Guntur.

Officials said AP government has 10,929 acres in Amaravati mandal, 16,000 acres in Achampet mandal, and 6,000 acres in Tadikonda.

"Work to build the capital will start from Tadikonda. Currently prices in these areas are hovering around Rs 10 to 20 lakh per acre," one official said.

Sources said apart from government land, if required private land will also be acquired.

The revenue department is working on the compensation package, in case it acquires additional land.

Plans are also underway to link the proposed ring road in Guntur to Nuzivid in Krishna district.

"We are firm about the capital and the location will certainly cover Guntur and Krishna districts. The formal announcement will be made soon," a minister told TOI.

Apart from developing the city on both sides of the river, the government is also looking at operating sea planes in the river Krishna.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

More on new ICHR chief.We have the right (no pun intended) man at the helm

Mahabharat historian gets research reins
A retired history professor who has written articles arguing that stories from the Ramayan and the Mahabharat are truthful accounts of events that took place has been named chief of the ICHR, the government agency to promote historical research.

Yellapragada Sudershan Rao, whose interests include Vedic literature, Sanatana Dharma and Bharatiya Sanskriti, set the tone for his three-year tenure after taking charge on Saturday.

Under his leadership, the Indian Council of Historical Research, he told The Telegraph, should take up projects to rewrite ancient history to establish the “continuous Indian civilisation”, including the period of the two epics.

“The stories of the Ramayan and the Mahabharat cannot be termed a-historical just because there is not enough archaeological hard evidence. Excavations cannot be done in many places since people are living there and you cannot evict them,” Rao said from Warangal, Telangana.

Rao, who taught history at Warangal’s Kakatiya University, has written several articles seeking to establish that stories of the Puranas and particularly the Ramayan and the Mahabharat are truthful accounts of historical events.

“A lot of historical material has come through cultural, anthropological, archaeological and ethnographic studies in the last 60 years about the continuous Indian civilisation. The findings can be compiled by researchers. I think the ICHR should support historians interested in doing work on these aspects,” he said.

Rao, a member of the ICHR council when the previous NDA government was in power at the Centre, said studies might be conducted to understand the social system and cultural values during the period of the two epics. He also said archaeological evidence suggesting early habitation in Ayodhya could be traced back to the 8th century BC.

The latest excavations conducted after a court directive at the Ramjanmabhoomi site some years ago did reveal ruins of a basement of a big-columned monument on which the Babri mosque was built. Stone pillars and door-jambs with Hindu motifs used in the construction of the mosque were also found, as were images of Hindu deities below the ground at the disputed site.

Asked what the solution to the dispute should be, Rao said: “Historians need not give any solution. Historians present historical materials and the government has to take the decision.”

Rao said the ICHR had, over the last two decades, mainly focused its research projects on the modern and the colonial period. Before 1990, however, when R.S. Sharma and Irfan Habib were chairpersons, the council had undertaken several projects on early history.

“Even during R.S. Sharma’s tenure, they were using Marxist tools. Cultural aspects were not given attention. History should be comprehensive, not driven by any political thought,” Rao said.

By Marxist tools, Rao said, he meant studies entirely focused on the analysis of economic and material aspects, not culture, art or religion.

The new ICHR chief said a lot of archaeological material and literature were stored in archives in other countries and the agency should take the initiative to get at least copies of such works.Rao said he has not been associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh but loves the country and nationalist ideas. “I love the country and the culture. As a historian, I feel that history should tell people about their culture and civilisation.”

After taking over, Rao put out a message on the ICHR website where he conveyed “deep gratitude” to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and human resource development minister Smriti Irani for choosing him for the position.

TOIlet screams RSS man will head historical research body
Yellapragada Sudershan Rao, the new chairperson of Indian Council of Historical Research, is an active member of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh's Akhil Bharatiya Itihas Sankalan Yojana and heads its Andhra Pradesh chapter. He is currently involved in a project that would fix the date of Mahabharata war.

Rao who taught at Kakatiya University, Warrangal is an expert on ancient Indian culture and heritage with special reference to the history of Hindu religion, religious and social history of South and South East Asia. Rao is currently involved with Mahabharata Project, sponsored by Sanathana Dharma Charitable Trust, that critically examines the Puranas and Itihasas to trace the history of religion, dharma and culture of South Asia from Vedic times to the beginnings of historical period. Under the Mahabharata project, puranic genealogies are being studied. Rao's bio-data says, "Considering the Mahabharata War as the sheet anchor for the History of Bharat, an attempt is made in this project to review the original sources- Astronomical, Puranic and Historical - for fixing the Date of the War."

Another research project he is involved is 'Project India' sponsored by the Sivanandaguru Educational and Cultural Trust, Warangal and plans to document visual and literary sources on major sites of religious and historical significance as original source material for further research. ·Rao is also working on Tribal Research Project sponsored by Bharatheeya Itihasa Sankalana Samithi, Hyderabad to document the culture and beliefs of Chenchus, Koyas and Gonds.

Akhil Bharatiya Itihas Sankalan Yojana started in 1978 is the brainchild of RSS leader Babasaheb Apte and Moropant Pingle. The idea behind the project is to write history from nationalist perspective and popularize Sanskrit. Operating out of RSS Keshav Kunj office in Delhi, ABISY is working on Saraswati project as well as various aspects of ancient and medieval Indian history. Historians from many universities are part of this project.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Its a matter of pride Dr Y Sudershan Rao was chosen to lead ICHR.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Rony garu...

Reading that book :) thanks for the reference.

Such books make one's heart blissful....
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ramana wrote:Its a matter of pride Dr Y Sudershan Rao was chosen to lead ICHR.
The churn is being planted in Telugu lands. See how CBN had allocated ministers of endowments and how Amravati is being projected as new capital. A symbolic start. Dr. Y sudersshan Rao is quite good pick. Who said that Smriti is anpad. :)

I really wish they stop speculation and make Amravati as AP capital.

But, there will be a backlash. The entire game is to keep AP churn towards EJ ism. Modi and CBN has to brace it up with good cop/bad cop strategy on this aspect.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Your welcome RamaY garu

Panic among Andhra Pradesh businessmen over TRS state government's vindictive decisions
The state of Telangana and its government are just a month old but already there are concerns that the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) is allowing emotion to get the better of business sense.

Instead of keeping its eyes focussed on governance, the administration, many believe, is taking decisions that are perceived as aimed at hurting the interests of some corporates.

Two recent decisions -both reversals of stands by the previous government of united Andhra Pradesh -are being cited as examples of Telangana's cussedness.

In one case, the government asked L&T to change the alignment of the Hyderabad metro rail project and in another it is trying to retrieve land bought by Lanco group through government-organised global competitive bidding.

"There is panic among the Andhra Pradesh entrepreneurs with business interests in Telangana, especially in sectors like real estate, irrigation, construction and infrastructure where the government has a big say," said chairman of a large infrastructure firm requesting anonymity.

Such fears are not uncommon, ET's interviews with entrepreneurs showed, but most of them did not want to be identified for fear of being targeted by the government or the TRS.

The industrialists either have large public-private-partnership infrastructure projects or pricey personal assets in and around Hyderabad. Dozens of them with direct or indirect political linkages with parties that opposed the bifurca tion of Andhra Pradesh now fear a witch-hunt by the agitators-turned-lawmakers in the new state.

Hyderabad houses some of India's largest infrastructure firms that have built nearly one-third of the country's power, road, airport and irrigation projects.

Most of these companies, among them GMR, GVK, Lanco and IVRCL, are owned by businessmen with roots in Andhra Pradesh.

S Srinivasa Rao, an associate professor at the Jawaharlal Nehru University , is of the view that muscle-flexing by the government could send undesirable signals to investors.

"Such signals may make the job of the government tough to retain investments, forget about attracting fresh ones. Political retribution could affect investors, people and the overall economy."

L&T, which has already suffered significant cost and time overruns in implementing the elevated Hyderabad metro rail project, is concerned that the government's directives to go underground at critical locations in the city could further affect schedules and project viability.

The infrastructure company has spent over Rs 6,000 crore so far.

Lanco group, which in 2005 bought around 100 acre from the government for Rs 427 crore at Manikonda, has spent over Rs 3,500 crore on its integrated township project, Lanco Hills.

Two years after the government allotted the land to several corporates in Manikonda, the Wakf Board moved courts claiming ownership of land.

In May 2012, Supreme Court allowed Lanco to proceed with construction and directed the state government to compensate the Wakf Board if the latter was the owner of the land.

While L&T and Lanco group are examining their legal options and preparing claims for compensation to make projects viable, others are readying for the eventuality of a prolonged legal battle.

"Entrepreneurs should not be penalised for no fault of their and for trusting the government while buying land or entering into alliances," said IVRCL group chairman E Sudhir Reddy.

"However, the law can take its own course if there are any irregularities committed by corporates."

A senior L&T executive who didn't want to be named said "the company would consider invoking penal clauses stipulated in the concession agreement to adequately compensate for any deviations that the government would direct."

A L&T spokesperson said, "We have not received any letter from the government in regards to change of alignment/going underground and hence we can't react to it."

Terming that it was not an issue only with 100 acres of land bought by Lanco, Lanco group chairman Lagadapati Madhusudhan Rao said, "Wakf Board is disputing some 1,600 acre of land at Manikonda that was allotted by the government to large global and domestic enterprises like Google, Microsoft, Infosys, Wipro and ISB."

Telangana IT and Panchayat Raj minister Kalvakuntla Taraka Rama Rao, who is also the son of chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, told ET, "We are more than happy to reach out and help the companies sort out. We do not have ulterior motives or hidden agendas.

We are particular on zeroing down on political corruption."
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

^^^^
It is all about collecting hafta. They are expected to go to KCR and give bags of money. B-Thakrey redux.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Agree with the hafta part. But comparing B-thakrey with this crook and Nizam bhakt is a insult to BT :)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Wakf board is a convenient excuse. If we are to honor Nizam's ownership of those land then we should honor the previous owners of those lands, Kakatiyas, and so on...

This stops only when 'Secularized' Indians question the time-centric arguments/ownerships.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

The so called wakf land has all the major companies like Microsoft, Wipro, and also the ISB etc. If Telangana gives the land to the wakf board then the telangana government will have to penalty of 10 crores per acre or demolish all these buildings and give them to Wakf board. The penalty amounts to 16000 crores.

I dont think Microsoft, wipro, essel will be paying money to the wakf board.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Excellent book Rony garu. Thanks again.