Mangalyaan: ISRO's Mars Orbiter Mission

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Re: Mangalyaan : ISRO's Mars Orbiter Mission

Post by member_20317 »

SaiK wrote:
DATA RATE
40.00 kb/sec
FREQUENCY
2.29 GHz
POWER RECEIVED
5.37 x 10-55 kW
vina, the bandwidth is huge! it is multiplexing - perhaps TDM.

ps: I may be wrong in the definitions here.. but what I want to point is the data rate is 40kbps, and not the receiving capability of deep space network.

Bhai ji, Hindi mein bologe. It is difficult for back benchers like me to understand what the pipe is and what the nalki is.

BTW can they download _orn :oops: from there. Martian _orn. Now that would be really something. What do you say dilbert.

Congratulations to all of you guys.
ajay_hk
BRFite

Post by ajay_hk »

Shaastaang pranaams to everyone in ISRO and team Mangalyaan - for the dedication, hardwork, supreme sacrifices and sleepless nights. Time and again you've delivered and made Bharat proud and stand tall. You've done it again and again!!! Many many congratulations.
prashanth
BRFite

Post by prashanth »

Congrats ISRO! You have made us proud.
Waiting for the first pic now.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

LokeshC - The article is by Pallava Bagla - so while the PeePeeSee peddles in scatology, why is the sepoy not being questioned?
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Disappointingly this is written by Pallav Bagla who is otherwise good with his reporting. One can't expect better from the woman who thinks of shit first, but he is of better standard
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

mars ji is 3.711 m/s² vs prithvi ji's 9.78 m/s². does this play into any calc?
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

ISRO -- Congrats on a job well done! Thanks for the Navaratri gift! Yeh dil mange MOM :mrgreen:
Last edited by Pulikeshi on 24 Sep 2014 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

LokeshC wrote:I am happy that BrishitBennCh*ds have not dissapointed me:

Many, however, say this bid to reach Mars is a "delusional dream" of India seeking super-power status since 400 million Indians still live without electricity and 600 million people still do not have access to toilets.
So once they started getting called out as racist drain-inspecting bennch*ds that they are, they change their song and dance and claim an anonymous "Many" have said that it is a "delusional dream". Who are these "Many" who claim this? Can the BennCh*ds answer that? This is worse than our DDM's anonymous source that cannot be named (aka I just pulled it out deep from my Musharraf).[/quote]
Pallava Bagla is a correspondent for Science and science editor for New Delhi Television.
This person is one of the "many".

To be fair, he adds
However, in real terms, the Mangalyaan has cost India just about four rupees (seven cents; four pence) per person - which is chicken feed for a country of 1.2 billion people.
but then then typically adds
India sees the Mars mission as an opportunity to beat its regional rival China in reaching the planet, and with destination Mars within touching distance, it may after all meet that target.
Who needs BrishitBennCh*ds when we have plenty of home-grown talent...
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

It was very exciting. called four family members who i thought would be interested to watch the ISRO webcast.

sorry for shouting but

WHAT A DAY. CONGRATULATIONS TO ISRO AND THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE BEST PRESENT EVER FOR MY B'DAY (albeit a day late but i am not complaining :) ).

PM NM ji put into words every Indian at heart felt about the achievement - I can never forget and very proud of India and the genius and hard work of its scientists.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Modi Maamu's speeches and all that is fine. It seemed like he really enjoyed being here in the ISRO control room and let it know that he had a choice of weaseling out in case the mission was not as successful as it turned out to be, but he decided to stick with the folks . Appreciate that.

However, why doesn't ISRO strike the iron while it is hot and asks Mamu for a Rs 1000 cr funding to kick off a LCH4/LOX semi cryo stage for GSLV MKIII . We need to retire the Vikas engines and a RD-180 competitive LCH4/LOX stage is what we need. The WeakAss engines dont cut it anymore.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Pulikeshi wrote:LokeshC - The article is by Pallava Bagla - so while the PeePeeSee peddles in scatology, why is the sepoy not being questioned?

Missed the sepoy shooting arrows from the shoulders of his massa.

This is probably the new style of "drain inspection" that we should come to expect. Get a sepoy to do the dirty racist work and always maintain plausible-deniability by using anonymous, "secret" sources.

Agni-V launch was the turning point for this I think.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

BBC has already slipped in a story with reference to snake charmers launching rakits. Anyways as they say dogs can only bark when an Elephant moves.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

vina wrote:Modi Maamu's speeches and all that is fine. It seemed like he really enjoyed being here in the ISRO control room and let it know that he had a choice of weaseling out in case the mission was not as successful as it turned out to be, but he decided to stick with the folks . Appreciate that.
don't want to chide here.. but I am 100% guarantee he is not a weasel. He will fight for India's win over kangrez baazis and commie scums who have destroyed Indian economy. /OT
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Waiting for that first photo eagerly to make it my wallpaper like a schoolboy.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Last time(I think launch of MOM) I spotted a reporter from Inglistan who was purposely asking for interviews the Indians on Twitter who were disparaging the effort. I have screenshots.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

negiji,

That (f)artical was written by a brown sepoy Pallava Bagla. I am just going through his twitter feed, he seems to be an otherwise sane person. Momentary Insanity perhaps ?

https://twitter.com/pallavabagla

Anyway, he works for ruNDTV. That almost explains everything.
saravana wrote:Last time(I think launch of MOM) I spotted a reporter from Inglistan who was purposely asking for interviews the Indians on Twitter who were disparaging the effort. I have screenshots.
Please post it sometime when you get a chance. Those posts are still likely to be there. Probably would have been used if Mangalyaan failed.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

prasannasimha wrote:
Pretty quick we are to deride ISRO arent we :twisted:
Also if you go to ISRO's main page they have a blinking note saying orbital insertion is succesful.
I cannot fathom what is achieved by being sarcastic when a truly great achievement is done .Also I think they are more focused on telemetry, activation of payloads and data capture.
prasannasimhaji, hold your horses. IIRC, S^3 is a retd. ISRO and held some important position in managing satellites.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Did not hear the customary 'parfaraamance naarmal' this time. May be it got drowned in the applause. That is always something to lookout for and so reassuring. :D
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

sivab wrote:
prasannasimha wrote:
Also if you go to ISRO's main page they have a blinking note saying orbital insertion is succesful.
I cannot fathom what is achieved by being sarcastic when a truly great achievement is done .Also I think they are more focused on telemetry, activation of payloads and data capture.
prasannasimhaji, hold your horses. IIRC, S^3 is a retd. ISRO and held some important position in managing satellites.
SSSalvi is an ISRO insider :) He was being sarcastic in a very "proud-elder-brother" style
member_26622
BRFite

Post by member_26622 »

Awesome news and to happen with PM Narendra Modi standing alongside means a whole lot more.

Forget the English and BBC crap - Jealous old pr*cks. Just don't forget this anglo supremacist attitude when buying anything - defense or non defense goods from Eurofighter, BAE and other peddlers

Time to celebrate!
SSSalvi
BRFite

Post by SSSalvi »

@ Prsannasimha

Last edited by SSSalvi on 24 Sep 2014 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Picture in todays Washington Post:
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Modi ji ke aane se MOM ke acche din aa gaye :D
Congratulations to all Indians
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

sivab wrote:
prasannasimha wrote:
Then he should not speak ill of his brethren isnt it. I appreciate SSSalvi's inputs but this was also uncalled for - especially when he hadn't refreshed his page and the fault was his.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

prasannasimha wrote:I dont think DD has anything to do as everything will be confirmed only at 7.58 so they ahve to keep some visuals on !! It is not like a regular count down !!
I was watching DD too. Their coverage was good. Why all these complaints sajjanon?
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

AmberG: that references 'outside Nehru planetarium Bengaluru'...have fond memories of that. First platentarium for me and that too in fair company :).
That article has the ususal silliness in the last paragraph of 'extravagance' .... maybe old habits (of Editors) die hard.

(matrimc: happy birthday and birthday gift :))
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

SSSalvi wrote:@ Prsannasimha

Please check the inside of the blog.
Also please note that that heading was "Press release" not the instantaneous updates which are there in the MOM page. Also the big flashing news that there was succesful injection is pretty obvious to see compared to the sidebar. Anyway not something to quibble when they already are giving data on the FB page and Twitter page apart from the actual MOM page on the ISRO website.
Prasanna
Last edited by member_28108 on 24 Sep 2014 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

SwamyG wrote:I love the engineer/technician/scientist with all the vibhuti on the forehead sitting along with his coworkers. Bold, Right and Beautiful :-)
That is prof. Yashpal if I am not wrong.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Congrats ISRO. Superb.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

I dont recall seeing white Lab-coats today on ISRO personnel

why were they not wearing labcoats!
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Not sure if this true but Curiosity and MOM exchanged Namaste's according to NASA
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Congrats ISRO... You make us proud...
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Jayram wrote:This from ISRO page
"We've the signal. 1099 m/s. Expected - 1098.7 m/s"
What is this? And why is it important.. how does this relate to MOM insertion? Some gyan please thanks..
An error of ~ 1.0e-4. Somebody please say that this is good enough. Otherwise the orbit might start spurring inward. May be one more small burn is required later on at an opportune moment.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Official twitter handle
https://twitter.com/MarsOrbiter
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

matrimc wrote:
Jayram wrote:This from ISRO page
"We've the signal. 1099 m/s. Expected - 1098.7 m/s"
What is this? And why is it important.. how does this relate to MOM insertion? Some gyan please thanks..
An error of ~ 1.0e-4. Somebody please say that this is good enough. Otherwise the orbit might start spurring inward. May be one more small burn is required later on at an opportune moment.
it is Nominaal
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

prasannasimha wrote:Not sure if this true but Curiosity and MOM exchanged Namaste's according to NASA
Follow them to see their conversation- Both of them are in Jai-Veeru Mode :lol:
http://twitter.com/MarsOrbiter
http://twitter.com/MarsCuriosity
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

The first pictures will be released "Today evening" . BS Chandrashekar in an interview told that he is going to one of the ISRO centers for processing the data being transmitted by the color camera when he was asked what they are doing next.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

shiv wrote:Let me say it now.
Mars Orbiter Mission will phail onleee :(( :(( :((
:rotfl:
SSSalvi
BRFite

Post by SSSalvi »

Prasannasimha ji,

Gud is appreciated as gud ( 20sept2014 )
SSSalvi wrote:^^^
The four that you mentioned are good enough .. for near real time updates ISRO's MOM specific Facebook ( Der aye durust aye .. at last ISRO PR has taken up the task of info flow. ) is good.

If interested in seeing the simulated situations of most of the space based objects then download 'NASA Eyes' simulator. It gives excellent view of things ( one sample is my earlier post showing why there is no eclipse during MAVEN MOI.)
I had been sarcastic on ISRO webpage even when I was in ISRO ( before 2008 ) .. and received warning by seniors but they retracted after explanation

But Still .. no improvement.

BTW, this is my regular rant during every major event ( at least 10 of them .. like dilbu :wink: ) so you can forget me as a regular ' kirkiri' .. chhhodo yaar .. pagal to pagal hi raheta hai .. seekhanese se kuchh fayada nahi.
SSSalvi
BRFite

Post by SSSalvi »

AdityaM wrote:I dont recall seeing white Lab-coats today on ISRO personnel

why were they not wearing labcoats!
This was not Shriharikota .. this place is regular computer room.