Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 19 Jul 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 19 Jul

Post by Prem »

[quote="RCase""Brad Goodman"]12 Pakistani Hajj pilgrims injured during Rami
At least 12 Pakistani Hajj pilgrims sustained injuries during ritually stoning the devil, the last rite of Hajj in Mina, Saudi officials said.The officials of Department of Saudi City Defence said that 12 Pakistanis were hit and wounded with pebbles from backside while performing Rami. The three pilgrims, who sustained minor injuries, have been discharged after receiving medical cure while nine others are still under treatment.Smashallah! Why stone some idol in ritual, when you can stone the real deal! Pakistanis need to check if they are pious enough, as clearly, allah is not insha-ing them.
[/quote]

Pathravullah, that INSAing part is outsourced to IA by Aallah.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

True, Bakis need to say ''Ahimsa-Allah" as every time they say himsa-allah they get real himsa
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://tribune.com.pk/story/772040/paki ... kesperson/
Pakistani Taliban only loyal to Mullah Omar, says TTP spokesperson
Bojitive Neuj: Pakistani Taliban is not loyal to ISIS extremists but moderate Mullah Omar.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Heard Ms Fair on NPR today talking about the Paki war against the "bad" Taliban.

She says they aren't really trying to eliminate them, just convince them to direct their attentions to Afghanistan and forget about Pakistan.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Atleast some of the operations against the "Bad taliban" is not against the taliban at all. It is against the elements of ETIM after China put pressure.

Second issue is that the bad taliban was squeezing the good taliban for space and fundraising and Pakistan army has stepped in to strengthen the hands of good taliban against the bad taliban so that they have a base to operate from post US withdrawal.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Cruel.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sadanand Dhume ‏@dhume 13m13 minutes ago

CIA chief Lockhart on Pakistan: "It's not even a real country. It's a ****in' acronym." #Homeland
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

partha wrote:http://tribune.com.pk/story/772040/paki ... kesperson/
Pakistani Taliban only loyal to Mullah Omar, says TTP spokesperson
Bojitive Neuj: Pakistani Taliban is not loyal to ISIS extremists but moderate Mullah Omar.
In his message, Fazlullah had declared that the Pakistani Taliban does not recognize the Durand Line, which separates Pakistan and Afghanistan.

“We want to declare that we do not accept the Durand Line, which has divided the Pashtoon Muslims like the Berlin Wall. It has separated father from son, brother from brother and relatives,” he said.

“We do not accept boundaries and international borders. We accept only one border and that is the boundary between Darul Islam and Darul Harb.”

He referred to the rare pace dialogue with the government earlier this year and claimed that the government was “responsible for its failure.”

“The peace talks were failed as the Taliban demanded enforcement of the Islamic Sharia; however, the “westernized rulers” were unwilling to accept the demand.”

“The rulers were insisting the talks should be held under the Pakistani constitution. We were calling for Quran and Sunnah should be the base for the talks but they preferred the constitution.”

He said the Taliban faced military operations but did not deviate from its stance, adding the Taliban will not sign any such deal which is a contrary to this principle.
I am also against Durand line.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

That video lecture of Motorma Christine Fair posted by Anujan was quite informative. What is interesting is that once upon a time she used to write articles that were very critical of India. I guess staying in Pakistan for quite sometime forced her to develop appreciation for us SDREs.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

arun wrote:X Posted from the "Pakistani Role In Global Terrorism" thread.

Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid tracked down as being located in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan per geo-location information of tweet:

Errant Taliban Tweet Claims Spokesman in Pakistan
It might be a Self goal or someone is exposing him.. Maybe the next installment of Jazziya is due form uncle and TSPA needs a sacrificial goat for that!!!
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Anujan wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj2pf3cL ... e=youtu.be

This talk by Motorma fair is interesting. Maybe she is a BRF lurker? She has dont an excellent Pisko analysis at about the 28 min mark.

She claims that she spoke to a Pakistan Army chief (purposely doesnt mention which one) and asked him why they did Kargil (most probably Mushy). For which he apparently replied (paraphrased). "At this point, Pakistan cannot win conventionally against India. At this point India cannot win conventionally against Pakistan. If we do nothing, it means that India has won". She then connects it to terrorism. It is important for a terrorist to conduct periodic attacks. The counter terrorist has two ways of winning: Either kill & capture all the terrorists or let the terrorists live, but make it impossible to conduct terror attacks. If the counter terrorist ensures that the terrorist doesnt not conduct terror attacks, the terrorists have lost. So it is important that terrorists conduct terror attacks repeatedly.

This line of thinking has permeated all of Pakistan Army and has permeated to the very top: Not conducting periodic attacks is an admission of defeat.

Various Indian WKKs on the other hand, approach the problem of (overt -- I include cross border firing and Kargil type attack here -- and covert -- I include terrorism here) attacks as that of pursuit of negotiation leverage: That is, we figure out what Pakistan wants and we negotiate and we give them that. On the other hand, Pakistan is not in the game to negotiate. They are in the game to win: where not conducting attacks means losing.
I am reminded of an excellent tale:
Rahul & the 3rd Bull
Published on August 9, 2014 by vogonpoem

Two days ago, the country was held spellbound by the performance of one man, the you-can-keep-him-down-but-you-cant-keep-him-out Rahul Gandhi. His no-holds-barred, bare-knuckled cage fight in the “Well” of the Parliament left both admirers & critics dumbfounded. Various mainstream media reports, both national and international, went gaga over his performance, like Rahul Takes On Government & Rahul disrupts Parliament. Other fringe media Twitteratti were less than enthusiastic, vide CelebRatty, चाचा चौधरी & PagalPatrakar

If one analyzes this sociopolitical phenomena dispassionately, one would come away with the grudging admission that this was indeed a masterstroke by the Prince. A lot of thought seems to have gone into this Chanakian ploy, as this following tale will illustrate

************* The fable of the 3 Bulls ****************

Once upon a time, there lived three bulls in a ranch. They had plenty to eat & plentier cows to ahem-ahem. One day, the three bulls heard that the rancher was bringing another bull into the ranch. Needless to say, they weren’t too happy with this development:

First Bull: “I’ve been here five years. I’m not giving this new bull any of my 100 cows.”

Second Bull: “I’ve been here three years and have earned my right to 50 cows. I’m keeping all my cows.”

Third Bull: “I’ve only been here a year, and so far, you guys have only let me have 10 cows. I may not be as big as you fellows, but I’m keeping all 10 of my cows.”

Just then an 18-wheeler pulls up in the pasture carrying the biggest bull they’ve ever seen. At 4,700 pounds, each step he takes strains the steel ramp.

First Bull: “I think I can spare a few cows for our new friend.”

Second Bull: “I actually have too many cows to take care of. I can spare a few. I’m certainly not looking for an argument.”

They look over at the third bull and find him pawing the dirt, shaking his horns and snorting.

First Bull: “Son, don’t be foolish — let him have some of your cows and you may live to talk about it.”

Third Bull: “Hell, he can have all my cows. I’m just making sure he knows I’m a bull.”
Link

Bakis are basically in Third bull mode(Wah-ji-Bull-cutlet). They want to remind of their existence.

I think Bakis just crave recognition from Bhaarath. Their ultimate triumph is when Bhaarathiyas recognize them. Their ultimate low is when Bhaarathiyas don't recognize them. Unfortunately, they want to gain recognition from Bhaarath by doing all sorts of dirty stuff. I don't think even gaining the entire Bhaarath for themselves will satisfy the Bakis. There seems to be some vacuum which they are trying to fill using all sorts of useless jihadi ideologies.

I think the vacuum is: deracination. The fundamental disconnect of a person from his roots. The west and middle-east also have this problem. But, atleast, they can hold on to the race and ethnicity. But, in Bakiland, the problem is more compounded because they have not only rejected their culture, civilization, religion, language, ...etc. But, they have also rejected their race and ethnicity.

This creates a rootless person who doesn't know what he wants. He feels a rage towards people he was formerly connected to. Yet, he also feels the need of their acceptance. But, why will the old people accept him? They will accept him, if they become like him or he becomes like them. If he becomes like them, then its a defeat for him. If they become like him, then its his victory.

In short, this is the story of new convert who feels the need to convert the rest of his family to be at peace. Thats why all this rage against Bhaarath. He wants to be part of the family, but he can't comeback without accepting his mistake, so he is trying to forge entire family in his image even if that means few of the family members die in the process.

Over the years, the Ghazwa-e-Hind seems more and more unlikely. In their minds, there are only two options if it fails:
a) Taqiya: deception and lie low until some future chance of success.
b) Accept that the whole thing was a mistake and return.

The problem for them is that any acceptance that Ghazwa failed quickly escalates. The first reaction obviously will be to try for Taqiya. But, then soon, the realization dawns that the whole thing might have been a big mistake. At first, partition will be seen as a mistake. Partition is a rejection of race and ethnicity. And if this line of thought holds then the rejection of culture, civilization, religion and language will also be seen as a mistake. If all of them are mistakes, then why hold on to this separate identity?

So, it seems to me that in their minds, their failure means going back to Hindhuism and accepting that they are also SDRE Bhaarathiyas. If they are successful, then they think they can convert Bhaarathiyas to Islam and make them into TFTA Turks or Arabs(whoever is in favor).

As for Bhaarathiyas, most of the of the Bhaarathiyas have had enough of this Baki nonsense. They just don't want to do anything with it. They'll be happy if they can just sever all ties with it. This is the big problem for the bakis. So, the only way that Bakis manage to stay in Bhaarathiya consciousness is through negotiations, kirket, or war.

These days Bakis don't have the aukaath to do full-scale war. So, they do covert-war. They do covert-war because they believe Bhaarath doesn't have the aukaath to punish them for the covert-war. On the other hand, Bhaarath has the aukaat to punish Bakis in overt-war.

This is quite similar to people who covert to any new ideology. For example, naxalism or commies. Thats why one finds that commies of Bhaarath and bakis become chaddi buddies. Because both of them have this fundamental rejection of Bhaarathiya culture, civilization, language, religion, ...etc.

What is the solution?
Well, what is the solution to naxalism? The same is true for Bakis.
- Vikaas or development for most of the Bhaarathiyas.
- gain control on the ground.
- go after the ideologues, leaders, sponsors, ...etc.
- go after the political backers.
- create counter-propaganda.
- demand that the first step to any negotiations/talks is to abjure violence.
- urge the lower cadres to reject naxalism/jihadism and join the development of Bhaarath.

A full blown war to the finish to take out Bakis would be a nightmare. The best bet is to first quarantine them. Neutralize the venomous leadership and system. Replace it with a Bhaarathiya/Hindhu system and leadership. And in 3 decades, bakis would be cured. This is the only solution.

No other solution seems viable to me.

Once Bhaarath is developed, then all the people in larger Bhaarath will automatically want to be part of the success story. People want to be part of the success story.

All these countries around Bhaarath are existing as separate entities because Bhaarath is poor and weak. If Bhaarath becomes strong and rich. Then, automatically, they will become part of Bhaarath overtly or defacto.

Infact, the problems in middle-east also are because the Bhaarath has remained weak. Starting from Iran to Indonesia and Tibet to Lanka is part of Bhaarath's sphere. If Bhaarath becomes strong, then all these will automatically gravitate towards Bhaarath. If Bhaarath becomes weak, then it creates a vacuum in this entire region and leads to loss of stability.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

johneeG wrote:Infact, the problems in middle-east also are because the Bhaarath has remained weak. Starting from Iran to Indonesia and Tibet to Lanka is part of Bhaarath's sphere. If Bhaarath becomes strong, then all these will automatically gravitate towards Bhaarath. If Bhaarath becomes weak, then it creates a vacuum in this entire region and leads to loss of stability.
Likewise the problem in our own north east stopped just short of afghanistan situations only because of overt Bharatiya presence there. The collective downfall for the whole world that becomes visible just from around 1500-2000 years back is only because Bharat had begun abdicating. The situation culminating in the WW-1 and WW-2 both financed by Indian wealth loot and both aimed at further such loot elsewhere on the planet too. The situation is so stunningly obvious that the latest WW-3 is not even getting started properly simply because India does not finance it and does not provide the manpower to fight it.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Puke alert. NYT editorial on Modi Obama meeting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opini ... again.html
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Karan Dixit wrote:That video lecture of Motorma Christine Fair posted by Anujan was quite informative. What is interesting is that once upon a time she used to write articles that were very critical of India. I guess staying in Pakistan for quite sometime forced her to develop appreciation for us SDREs.
Karan, my position on Fair is that she has not changed that once-upon-a-time 'critical' attitude to India. She has not spoken about India for a long while now. OTOH, she has been firing her fusillade at Pakistan because her close friends, the PA, mis-treated her for reasons we are not very clear about. She has spoken about her fondness for Punjabi men and the persona-non-grata issued by the Punjabi Army etc. So, for the moment she is concentrating her ire on STFU-TSPA. We will enjoy this moment but it shall pass too. This does not mean her opinion about India has changed. When there is thaw in the estrangement, that is when we will see true colours once again.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CRamS wrote:Puke alert. NYT editorial on Modi Obama meeting.

what a grasping, selfish, bania nation. Why should we pander to it and it's purely transactional profit oriented concerns by leaving aside all our feelings.

The Indian parliament, has in it's wisdom passed the nuke liability act. It's there for better or worse. All of the amreki uncle toms in India could not avoid it. Modi can better use his majority in so many other ways rather than pissing off many people by sabotaging a settled act of parliament.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ In that talk Fair mentioned how the Pakistani Army & ISI try to make it out that the Pakistani soldiers are fighting India-supported traitors instead of fellow Muslims. The finding of Indian currency (which the ISI manufactures as part of economic warfare against India) and of uncircumcised men are two such ploys. Apparently the Massood tribe do not circumcize; Fair was talking about being able to demonstrate uncircumcised Massood men. I found that strange.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

A_Gupta wrote:^^^ In that talk Fair mentioned how the Pakistani Army & ISI try to make it out that the Pakistani soldiers are fighting India-supported traitors instead of fellow Muslims. The finding of Indian currency (which the ISI manufactures as part of economic warfare against India) and of uncircumcised men are two such ploys. Apparently the Massood tribe do not circumcize; Fair was talking about being able to demonstrate uncircumcised Massood men. I found that strange.

Not just the masood but also many poor people in the tribal areas who either cannot afford or just do not have the facilities.

fair seems to have uncommon knowledge of the physical attributes of the paki mards. Is this the source of her penetrative analysis??
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^she likes to exhibit her "deep" knowledge of the area through such asides; occasional use of Punjabi swear words, some comment about the butt-cracking adventures of the Pak officers; referring to Rand Corporation as Rund Corporation (she hates them for some reason); etc..

Best position to take is articulated by SSridhar. Wary, but so long as she's kicking the Paks, no need to get in the motorham's way.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

SSridhar wrote:
Karan Dixit wrote:That video lecture of Motorma Christine Fair posted by Anujan was quite informative. What is interesting is that once upon a time she used to write articles that were very critical of India. I guess staying in Pakistan for quite sometime forced her to develop appreciation for us SDREs.
Karan, my position on Fair is that she has not changed that once-upon-a-time 'critical' attitude to India. She has not spoken about India for a long while now. OTOH, she has been firing her fusillade at Pakistan because her close friends, the PA, mis-treated her for reasons we are not very clear about. She has spoken about her fondness for Punjabi men and the persona-non-grata issued by the Punjabi Army etc. So, for the moment she is concentrating her ire on STFU-TSPA. We will enjoy this moment but it shall pass too. This does not mean her opinion about India has changed. When there is thaw in the estrangement, that is when we will see true colours once again.
Yes, SS. I think she is still anti-India as always, but now she has strong reasons to be anti-Pakistan as well. The way she criticized Blackwill, she is saying to basically a Pakistani audience, see how I am anti-India but atleast give me the respect I deserve. I am toeing your line on this & vitally see how I still do this (toeing your line on blackwill ie). Since you won't ... tak tak tak ... this is what I can do to your fragile make believe sense of nationhood .. and wait a moment wait till I make marshmellow out of your martial narrative.

If you notice in her entire speech, she is very dismissive of India, she is not enamoured of India or Indian army because according to her it has not been able to change the game or set the rules of the game. It has just used it's size to it's advantage and plodded on. Now this is probably very unsexy in CFair's eyes and she is begging for some action, revisionism or machoism.

Also if she has anything to do with the American establishment and the SD, then it is something that leaves a long trail of anti-Indianness and once anybody is 'processed' through these institutions at any point, then they can no longer be anything pro-Indic.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/it-wa ... 141006.htm

It was apparently a night of horror in Arnia village of RS Pura sector in Jammu district, situated five kilometre from the International Border, when Pakistani troops resorted to high calibre mortar shelling on the civilian areas, leaving five dead and 34 injured.

“It was a night of horror. We won’t be able to forget what happened with us last night. We all were fast asleep, when we woke up with a deafening thud and saw blood oozing out of our bodies,” said Sudesh Kumari, 42, who was undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College and Hospital in Jammu.

For 70-year-old Bira Devi who in the past has witnessed several conflicts between India and Pakistan, including the 1971 and the 1965 war, says that attacking the innocent civilians was a norm for the Pakistani side.

“We have always been the sitting ducks on fire. The Pakistani side always attacks the civilians in the area and we become the worst sufferers,”she said.

The villagers who were injured in Sunday night’s heavy shelling in Arnia say that they become the victim every time the hostilities between the two countries increase.

“We had to go to safer places several times in the past as well, but this time the firing was unprovoked and we were not given an opportunity to save ourselves,” said Joginder Singh, another injured civilian.

Chief Medical officer of GMC&H Dr Ritesh Shan said, “At around 3 in the morning, 32 injured civilians were shifted to our hospital, three of them were declared brought dead, 29 were injured some of them critically. Two of the critically injured were operated.”

He said that majority of the injured had received splinter injuries to different parts of their bodies.

Meanwhile, the army has said that the action of the Pakistani troops of attacking the civilian population on the Indian side was highly condemnable and shameful.

“Indian security forces never target civilian areas, it is shameful on their part to target the civilian areas,” Defence spokesman Col SD Goswami said. He said that the Indian side has effectively responded to all the provocations from the Pakistani side.
Tejinder Singh Sodhi
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Massive Khulji (I only assume I know what that means) and Taqleef for the Paks is impending:

US places firm restrictions on Pak F-16s. They must be located only at certain bases, these fighters will be monitored 24/7 by American personnel, F-16s must not fly out of the country, and flights in the country must have US approval; no exercises with third countries permitted. When the F-16 wants to take a piss, the US must be there to view it and test output collected by Pak. This applies for coming 10 years. TimesNow.

Fu(k me sideways!!! If true this is bloody incredible in terms of a very tight slap worthy of the best, especially since their F-16s are directly connected to their amanhood.

Implications? Why now? Are they preparing to give the Paks another slap like OBL, and take out AAZ?
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

JEM: Khujli=Itch

Is the news a result of Modi-Obama meet or Modi + Doval driving home a point in the States? Anyway - Wow!. Now which bases these may be? Again, is it meant to stop Chinese laying hands on these? Or the Iranians?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Bases: Sargodha is one. Not sure if Jacobabad is the other. They are not even allowed to change bases without US approval. Eyes are peeled on TimesNow for any details. Will post.

No idea where this came from, but the Buggered Ones recently got some F-16s from Jordan - maybe that triggered it. Who knows how Uncle Sham thinks on this...
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

shiv wrote:
Cruel.
The guy who really humps that. :mrgreen: he deserves Bharat Ratna. :((
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

[quote="Brad Goodman"
.. 12 Pakistanis were hit and wounded with pebbles from backside while performing Rami...
So Haj pilgrims got a chance to REALLY STONE THE DEVIL this year...
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Anujan wrote:Atleast some of the operations against the "Bad taliban" is not against the taliban at all. It is against the elements of ETIM after China put pressure.

Second issue is that the bad taliban was squeezing the good taliban for space and fundraising and Pakistan army has stepped in to strengthen the hands of good taliban against the bad taliban so that they have a base to operate from post US withdrawal.
I think this hunting with the fox and running with the hare is catching up with the Pakees... of late... the good taliban, bad taliban, green, greener, greenest, uncle, 3.5 friends, Tallel friend... everyone seems to be applying the screws. Desh post UPA-II has upped the ante... i feel there is going to be some serious green on green violence, lots of lamp posts in the near future in the land of the pure...
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

^^^ I always wondered why we didn't get to see (and hear) more of Amanullah Saleh in Undie tee vee. Times Now etc... We see Mushrat, assorted Pakee Jehadees, Hamid Gul and even Shreeman. Hafiz Sayed but nor Mr Saleh???? Are our Secular News traders so much in the pockets of Pakees?
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

When I heard that Walruses had evolved to live on land in warm climates, I thought it was an urban legend. But whaddayaknow!! :eek:

Here is a living breathing specimen!

The world is full surprises!

*barf*
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Massa ,tamasha & Eventual tamacha

Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Rana Mubashir Interview Dr. Christine Fair Part-01.flv
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

An old interview with Tariq Ali, but someone has taken the trouble to extract this bit, which is a casually brutal and viciously stiff upper lip leftist dismantling of Pakistan... Worth reposting for the paklurks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... S1yDPblwUg
Ranjani Brow

Post by Ranjani Brow »

Indians are Global Decision Maker , Pakistan is Beggar - Pakistan Media

:shock: :shock:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

JE Menon wrote:Massive Khulji (I only assume I know what that means) and Taqleef for the Paks is impending:

US places firm restrictions on Pak F-16s. They must be located only at certain bases, these fighters will be monitored 24/7 by American personnel, F-16s must not fly out of the country, and flights in the country must have US approval; no exercises with third countries permitted. When the F-16 wants to take a piss, the US must be there to view it and test output collected by Pak. This applies for coming 10 years. TimesNow.

Fu(k me sideways!!! If true this is bloody incredible in terms of a very tight slap worthy of the best, especially since their F-16s are directly connected to their amanhood.

Implications? Why now? Are they preparing to give the Paks another slap like OBL, and take out AAZ?
My bet: this is a prelude to selling a hell of a lot of more F-16s to Pakistan. That is, you Pakistanis, wink, wink, accept a whole lot of "restrictions", and we US, sell you Pakistanis a lot of more F-16s. SDREs should have no objection, right?

Of course, there will be no effective way for the US to keep F-16s from moving bases, flying anywhere, or fighting India, in case hostilities break out with India. Since US sanctions will probably kick in any way in case of Pakistan wars on India, US will put sanctions on Pakistan for flying F-16s without US approval, and feel nice and virtuous, even as Pakistan hits India.

And it is win-win for the West, because India will likely invest more in likely Israeli or European systems to counter more F-16s in Pakistan, thereby keeping their arms industries afloat. Or else, India will get arms from Russia, in which case it won't really affect US or European security, but will serve as a convenient pressure point against India - "don't buy arms from the Russians or else we have one more reason to scr*w you".

The only way out of more F-16s for Pakistan that works well for India, if it spurs the development of indigenous capabilities -- but that is not India's priority, general economic development is.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

chetak wrote:
CRamS wrote:Puke alert. NYT editorial on Modi Obama meeting.

what a grasping, selfish, bania nation. Why should we pander to it and it's purely transactional profit oriented concerns by leaving aside all our feelings.

The Indian parliament, has in it's wisdom passed the nuke liability act. It's there for better or worse. All of the amreki uncle toms in India could not avoid it. Modi can better use his majority in so many other ways rather than pissing off many people by sabotaging a settled act of parliament.
By NYT and US establishment standards, it is just more of the same unimaginative and useless litany. Shows that BhartRhari was right: a true fool is one who is incapable of learning.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

According to latest editorial in TFT by Najam Sethi, MQM and Altaf Bhai are facing existential crisis.
The MQM is in the throes of insecurity, confusion and division. Nowhere is this more evident than in the behaviour and utterances of its leader-in-exile, Altaf “Bhai” Hussain.

The unprecedented fear and insecurity in the rank and file of the MQM is driven by one singular fact revolving around the murder of Dr Imran Farooq in London a couple of years ago, following investigations by the British authorities to investigate Altaf Bhai’s political connections and links with his activist-supporters in Karachi, South Africa and elsewhere. These murder-related investigations have then branched off into detailed inquiries about the source and extent of Altaf Bhai’s incomes and properties in the UK and are focused on matters related to money laundering. Apart from Altaf Bhai, several senior MQM leaders in London have been investigated, detained and enlarged on bail. Altaf Bhai himself has had to cool his heels in the clink for a day pending bail in a money laundering case.

But it is the murder case that hangs like the sword of Damocles over Altaf Bhai’s head. It is known that the British police are very keen to lay their hands on two MQM activists who disappeared into the bowels of the ISI two years ago after they fled from London to Karachi via Sri Lanka following the murder of Dr Farooq. If they were to be deported to the UK and confessed to their crime and links with Altaf Bhai, it is feared it might be curtains for the MQM leader. That is why Altaf Bhai is acutely sensitive to what the Pakistani military establishment thinks about him and the MQM. That is why he is constantly blowing hot and cold against the military, now supporting democracy and parliament and then calling for martial law to “save the country”, now welcoming the appointment of Gen Rizwan Akhtar as the new DGISI and then asking why Gen Akhtar was fixated on “targeting the MQM” when he was DG Sindh Rangers tasked to clean up Karachi.

- See more at: http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/exist ... uAo5P.dpuf
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 19 Jul 2014

Post by Peregrine »

Piling up Foreign debt burden mounting at rapid pace
On the other hand, if debt is distributed uneconomically, the cost of borrowing goes higher and macro-economic management problems emerge. In general, the applied standard for external public debt is that its net present value should be less than 150% of the country’s exports or 250% of revenues.
In 1970, the external debt was calculated at $3.4 billion, which went up to $9.93 billion in 1980 and later doubled to $20.66 billion. After the start of the current century, the debt level rose at an extraordinary pace and reached $54.60 billion in 2010. According to the World Bank Report for 2014, Pakistan’s external debt had surged to $65.5 billion.
1. EXPORTS OF GOODS & SERVICES in FY 2014 (July 2013 to June 2014) : US$ 30.423 BILLION

2. IMPORTS OF GOODS & SERVICES in FY 2014 (July 2013 to June 2014) : US$ 49.587 BILLION
Cheers Image
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

@dhume: CIA chief Lockhart on Pakistan: "It's not even a real country. It's a ****in' acronym." #Homeland
Rajagopal
BRFite

Post by Rajagopal »

Ever seen a werewolf with a severe case of constipation? (listen with full volume for theater effect). :P

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27d24 ... s?start=30
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

vivek.rao wrote:@dhume: CIA chief Lockhart on Pakistan: "It's not even a real country. It's a ****in' acronym." #Homeland
:rotfl: