Official IAF Mobile Game - Guardians of the Skies

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Re: Official IAF Mobile Game - Guardians of the Skies

Post by Raja Bose »

Has the Windows 8 version been released?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

I downloaded the game but couldn't play it for as log as I wanted.

In the limited time I had with game, it'a big improvement as far as the performance is concerned. Lags are gone and game is very smooth now, for training missions.
harish_ch
BRFite -Trainee

Post by harish_ch »

Still can't play on Samsung Galaxy S4.

In the first level, it works fine till rescuing the oil tankers. The moment I fly over the island, game crashes and restarts. I have sent the report from my mobile as well. Request the team to fix this!
ashthor
BRFite

Post by ashthor »

Same problem

The game keep crashing in the first level itself on the terrorist island. Never been able to complete it due to the crashes.

BTW i am using xolo q1000
Kritavarman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kritavarman »

Facing same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4, tired uninstalling few heavy apps and clearing RAM too.
harish_ch wrote:Still can't play on Samsung Galaxy S4.

In the first level, it works fine till rescuing the oil tankers. The moment I fly over the island, game crashes and restarts. I have sent the report from my mobile as well. Request the team to fix this!
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

Kritavarman wrote:Facing same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4, tired uninstalling few heavy apps and clearing RAM too.
harish_ch wrote:Still can't play on Samsung Galaxy S4.

Gentlemen, deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We are having a definite software issue with the S4. While we are doing the bug fixing, I recommend you try on any other variety of smartphone.
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

jamwal wrote:I downloaded the game but couldn't play it for as log as I wanted.

In the limited time I had with game, it'a big improvement as far as the performance is concerned. Lags are gone and game is very smooth now, for training missions.
Yes Sir, we have been able to smoothen and bug fix the game to a great extent.

Experience the gameplay when you have time....
Rajesh_MR
BRFite

Post by Rajesh_MR »

Works well on Lumia 920 8) . Is there an option use HUD instead of seeing whole plane?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Really appreciate the graphics. Can the graphics for the plane be further improved?
1) Calibrate option not working hence not able to pull up or down. Initially had tough time to take off because of this problem until i changed the input option from motion to touch. The input option of touch can also be removed. it seems unwanted in a smart phone.
2)The quit button comes at the same place of the play button. So if it's pressed twice the chance of quitting the game exits.
3)If possible please let the firing button be on the right side while the input option is motion. This will help to fire the weapon easily.
4) Please introduce the various views like external and cockpit which can be changed with the switch of a button. If possible realistic cockpit view will be really good.
5) I have played till the first few training levels. Would like introduction of missile in this mode, so that the flying targets can be easily brought down. The missiles in IAF inventory and Astra could be good options.

I did play Air Navy Fighters Lite and the handling of the aircraft with the phone is superb. If you could get that level of comfort for the gamer in handling of the aircraft and firing of weapons, then it's really well and good.

Appreciate the effort. It's a good one at the moment. Hope you could make it a fantastic game with further improvements.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Looks like I jumped the gun. The training missions are indeed smooth.

But the first mission itself is hanging up as before. The game skips whenever the plane gets close to water and there are explosions (which probably put a load on GPU. There is a bit of improvement, but not that good so as to allow proper gameplay.
I'm using an old Samsung Tab 2. No chance of buying a new one in near future for just a game.
Rajesh_MR
BRFite

Post by Rajesh_MR »

Completed both missions. Smooth running on Lumia 920 except when explosions happen in near quarters where it stutters a little.
Wish list
  • More missions
  • HUD
  • More "realistic" flight model
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

Gentlemen,

iOS build available now -

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guardia ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Windows

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/store ... 0ad24ef339

Requesting the mods to update the windows and iOS links with the android on the link page in the main site featuring the game. Thanks
soumik
BRFite

Post by soumik »

downloaded and finished playing both mission available as of now, on my Sony Xperia, the helicopter landing part on the rig as well as the hunting of the enemy sub is very tricky indeed.
pragnya
BRFite

Post by pragnya »

sameer, excellent game. kudos. :) however -
jamwal wrote:Looks like I jumped the gun. The training missions are indeed smooth.

But the first mission itself is hanging up as before.
The game skips whenever the plane gets close to water and there are explosions (which probably put a load on GPU. There is a bit of improvement, but not that good so as to allow proper gameplay.
I'm using an old Samsung Tab 2. No chance of buying a new one in near future for just a game.
same problem with me too on samsung tab.

can it be corrected?? also any PGMs, cockpit views etc.. in future??
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Sameer, great start! Keep up the good work.

BTW, why does the plane jerk suddenly.. (not necessarily when close to water)... is it sonic boom or something like that?
When the plane passes through explosions there is definitely a slow down... otherwise enjoyed the game so far!
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

pragnya wrote:sameer, excellent game. kudos. :) however -
jamwal wrote:Looks like I jumped the gun. The training missions are indeed smooth.

But the first mission itself is hanging up as before.
The game skips whenever the plane gets close to water and there are explosions (which probably put a load on GPU. There is a bit of improvement, but not that good so as to allow proper gameplay.
same problem with me too on samsung tab.

can it be corrected?? also any PGMs, cockpit views etc.. in future??
All and beyond on eighth October.....
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

vinod wrote:Sameer, great start! Keep up the good work.

BTW, why does the plane jerk suddenly.. (not necessarily when close to water)... is it sonic boom or something like that?
When the plane passes through explosions there is definitely a slow down... otherwise enjoyed the game so far!
Yup...that's the Sonic Boom........... :D

Windows

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gots&hl=en

iOS

Just One point gentlemen - The Full version releasing on Eighth October will be the most realistic simulation of the airborne capability with missions and game play which no developer has deployed on the face of the earth. We will focus on the realistic element of weapons and tactics along with entertainment............Aim is to showcase what we in India are capable of developing.

Jai Hind
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

I use my phone as dumb phone. can I somehow download on my laptop and play?? :(
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Tried any android emulator ?
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

sameerjoshi wrote:

Just One point gentlemen - The Full version releasing on Eighth October will be the most realistic simulation of the airborne capability with missions and game play which no developer has deployed on the face of the earth. We will focus on the realistic element of weapons and tactics along with entertainment............Aim is to showcase what we in India are capable of developing.

Jai Hind
May the Threye team be a sign of major changes in IAF with more Indians winning contracts and the IAF going desi. Happy Independence Day and Vande Mataram to all at Threye.
member_28373
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28373 »

sameerjoshi wrote:

Windows

Android

iOS

Jai Hind
Sameer: Excellent game, cannot wait for October. Kudos to you and your team for this.

This may be my nit pick, control on the iphone were a little hard (maybe my fingers are li'l fat ;) ). I played on the ipad and loved it.
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

I play this almost every evening on my IPad mini. Have completed the missions already multiple times.

However, I keep challenging myself to complete the entire mission without getting hit, reducing the time taken, trying for one pass kills, etc!.

Keep up the good work Threye. You are doing great.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Not sure why but upon clicking for download, I get 'the item you tried to buy is no longer available".
I'm using iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

I'm really loving this game. Its my go to stress buster. The graphics are top notch and the handling of the aircraft is superb. Eagerly waiting for the next few missions to unlock! Let us know when!
member_28640
BRFite

Post by member_28640 »

Sameer saar, never knew that a BRFite developed the game .. runs fine on my Lumia 625(512 mb ram et all) big thumbs up to you and your team saar...
neerajb
BRFite

Post by neerajb »

Sameer Saar today is 8 Oct yet no update on play store? Eagerly waiting for the full game.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

downloaded it, really nice... more feedback over the weekend.
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

vikrant wrote:Sameer Saar today is 8 Oct yet no update on play store? Eagerly waiting for the full game.

Vikrant, IAF has delayed the launch to end of November . However if anyone amongst you would like to get hold of the beta build and test it to give feedback, please drop in a line at info@threye.com. We will send you a build. This applies only to Android as of now. More info at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gots&hl=en

My apologies to all my fellow enthusiasts.
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

Some snapshots of the missions available in November end

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Graphics are mind blowing. Perhaps need to work on HUD to conform to real ones. JMT.
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

The game is designed for a mobile phone. Hence the HUD area available in cockpit view is very less. To clutter it beyond Height, Speed, FIRE command & Horizon bar will reduce the comprehension ability of most of the players, especially so for non flyers. Unlike a PC, this is a serious limitation for the mobile format........In fact most players will prefer the arcade mode except some with a lot of simulation games / actual flying experience.......But its great to test one's ability against the enemy in the cockpit mode which adds to realism to an extent.
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

Beta test volunteers can read info at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gots&hl=en to get a beta build
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Any plan to convert it to PC games and also to the level of Simulators with multiple screens, Panoramic graphics and realistic controls ( generally available off the shelves) attached to PC, like Joystick , rudder and paddle control etc, throttle control. That would be great.
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

chaanakya wrote:Any plan to convert it to PC games and also to the level of Simulators with multiple screens, Panoramic graphics and realistic controls ( generally available off the shelves) attached to PC, like Joystick , rudder and paddle control etc, throttle control. That would be great.
Not right now sir. The IAF mandate is to focus on the mobile version for greater penetration amongst the target group. In the end this is a motivation & recruitment attraction tool.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Nice screenshots! Can't wait to fly the Mirages and C-130s!
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

The Final release of the game Guardians of the Skies is here. All ten missions good to go..........

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/guardia ... 73261?mt=8

Download the game as required. Good shooting.....
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

Played the game!! It is amazing! Already completed all missions (in easy mode ;)) Now playing in higher modes. I love that it allows the user to select between aircraft as well (LCA, M2K,Rambha, Mi35 and LCH!). Great use of graphics.
member_27862
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27862 »

Thanks Nikhil......hope other BRites get a chance to play this game......do also try the multiplayer..its a lot of fun :)