Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 10 Oct 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
member_28714
BRFite

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 10 Oct

Post by member_28714 »

The interior of the mosque is absolutely magnificent with breathtaking interiors, representing the fusion of traditional Islamic architecture with the Pakistan’s culture.The carpet has been custom-made from Turkey and there are over 50 luminous chandeliers that have been imported from Iran, creating a vibrant Islamic ambiance.

kurdish carpets and shia chandeliers! How sekular.

Anyone taking bets on how long before first bumblast?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

BBC radio headline at the top of the hour went like this (not verbatim) -- The Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to Malala Yousufzai and Kailash Sathyarthi.

This was followed "But some people think Malala does not deserve it", followed by a Pakistani male voice saying "Malala is a tool of the West".

This was followed by a Indian woman's voice talking about why Sathyarthi deserves the prize.

PS: The BBC continues with this Pakistani editor of a national newspaper, Pakistan Observer, (didn't catch his name) saying that this is a Western conspiracy, Malala has done nothing at all, she was not shot at all, all her writings are her father's or a professionally hired writer's, Malala is a normal, useless girl; and girl's education is bad if it leads to corruption. The BBC guy asked if he thought Malala actually existed? :) (and called him out on "normal, useless").

"Pakistani schools with western education are morally corrupting. Children are having relationships just short of husband-and-wife. He receives pictures daily." :rotfl:
Last edited by A_Gupta on 10 Oct 2014 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The great mosque - doesn't look very original or inspiring:
http://info-360.com/grand-jamia-mosque- ... wn-lahore/
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Pakistanis are really strange :) Maybe TFTAs are shrinking to SDRE proportions?
Feb 15, 2013
A grand salad of popular architectural patterns in Pakistan, being built to accommodate up to 14,000 worshippers indoors, the under-construction mosque at Bahria Town, Lahore boasts of elaborate planning. The courtyard and corridor leading to the main halls of worship can accommodate another 14,000.
Oct 09, 2014
This masterpiece of indigenous Pakistani architecture has a capacity to accommodate 70,000 people, which makes it the world’s 7th largest Masjid in the world. Additionally the indoor capacity of 25,000 people makes it the largest mosque in Pakistan, says a press release.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it seems to me that 14K indoor and 14K outdoor has ballooned to 25K indoor and 70K outdoor?

Excerpted from:
http://tribune.com.pk/story/507551/new- ... -capacity/
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2 ... ahria-Town

The billionaire that built the mosque: http://malikriaz.com/
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

He receives pictures daily ?

Paki must have signed up in some prawn website like realpakistanischoolgirls and thinks it is all real.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

How has malala contributed to world piss? How can she be equated with Satyarthi? And what about the choice of Shri Satyarthi who is working on child labour issues?This is to portray India in dark terms.

While it makes no sense to get our chaddies in a twist,its important to know our enemies and be ready to hit them below the belt,if thats necessary to attain our objectives.

A moralistic view makes no sense in power political or in disinformation wars.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:KLNM wrote this:
I think Modi has made his approach very plain, in his many campaign speeches as well as in post-election statements. There is no mystery, we just have to listen and assume he is stating what is actually on his mind:

1. Never be an aggressor, but never allow anyone to stare India down
2. Develop, improve, and make India a better country
3. Bring out universal values of Indian culture and free up Indians to own those values.
4. Based on those universal values, be always prepared and open to co-operating with anyone in constructive endeavors.

1 implicitly means we don't try to control anyone or make them "do" anything our way. We will be fine as long as they don't try to put us down, in which case they will be made to pay a price.

This approach defines his strategy for Pakistan as well as the rest of the world, including USA, China, news traders, or whoever. Everything else is operational detail.
I don't see the Nobel as having derailed or detracted from this in any way.
Modi is big on educating and empowering the "girl child" (what happened to just "girl" I don't know but anyway) , so the Nobel is consistent with that. I think perhaps white folks--in the shape of Norwegian "sri lanka fame" peaceniks are under the impression that India hates pakistan innately and must be encouraged to find common humanitarian purpose and love. But, with the possible exception of myself and some BRFites, this is not true, Indians could and would love pakistan if only they stopped pointing guns at us. Modi's policy is an expression of this.

IMO, hating pakistan would be the sensible and proper thing for Indians to do, but I can't teach Indians that. Likewise, the Norwegians, who taught sinhala buddhists to love christians, have no need to teach Yindoo Yindians to love Muslim Pakis.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 10 Oct 2014 18:42, edited 3 times in total.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Baikul wrote:Malala Yusufzai wins a Nobel Peace Prize ? I didn't think the Nobel Piss Committee could do worse than when it gave it to Obama. For what?

Kailash Sathyarthi's work has been demeaned by this nonsensical equal equal, IMO. :evil: :evil:
Guys, this is a Equal equal in a twisted kind of way, Pakees will go Ape shit as awarding Malala is giving them a big Jhappad.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:^^^
Firing will peter out soon setting the stage for next month's Saarc summit in Kathmandu. Mr Modi, the acclaimed new messiah of Saarc spirit, will just have one option — to initiate the revival of needlessly stalled dialogue.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst
Really?
Yeah, and faced with an intransigent and lazy bureaucracy, Modi has no choice but to negotiate golf tee times with them.

The contrast between the brilliant executive skills of Modi and Gen. Mehta's bankruptcy of imagination couldn't be starker. Mehta is not even up to recognizing it.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 10 Oct 2014 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:And Pakistan needed an echandee saving way of climbing down at the LoC. As long as India did not provide that, that is all that matters. Pakistan has to learn, though it may never learn, that it cannot fight India to get concessions. It will have to proceed by diplomacy only. Meaning, "we will not attack you" is not an incentive for India. Pakistan has to give positive goods, not absence of harm, to get anything from India.
Right. Now they can be big-hearted and respond to Malala's appeal.

Yeah right.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

The difference between a Paki and a great leader:
Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif congratulated Yousafzai in a statement issued by his office.
"She is (the) pride of Pakistan, she has made her countrymen proud," he is quoted as saying. "Her achievement is unparalleled and unequaled.
"Girls and boys of the world should take lead from her struggle and commitment."
His Indian counterpart, Narendra Modi, congratulated both Nobel laureates via Twitter.
"Kailash Satyarthi has devoted his life to a cause that is extremely relevant to entire humankind. I salute his determined efforts," he said, adding that "Malala Yousafzai's life is a journey of immense grit (and) courage."
CNN
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Well, I concede it would be better for Malala alone to win the Nobel, it gives the world an undiluted view of Pakistaniyat. That Pakistani Observer guy was priceless. It leaves the world to contemplate why a "normal, useless girl" (the BBC interviewer caught that "useless" and asked about it, the reply was "my English is not good"), whose only crime was to be shot for going to school (per Pakistanis, allegedly shot only, if she had been shot she would have necessarily died, per the Pakistani Observer genius), and for advocating girls go to school (the Pakistan Observer guy had to concede that Malala was going to a girls' only school) has to live in Birmingham, England; why it is not safe for her to lead her normal, useless life at home.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

KLNMurthy wrote: Right. Now they can be big-hearted and respond to Malala's appeal.
Yeah right.
Please never underestimate Pakistani ability to hit self-goals :)
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Nobel Peace Prize has a brand image in the mango abdul eyes. Time to tear the Peace Prize of Nobel with the dynamite. Loss of credibility to such bhestern institutions will go a long way in Equality, Liberty & Fraternity - Desi style.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Indians could and would love pakistan if only they stopped pointing guns at us. Modi's policy is an expression of this.
I wonder. It would seem to be more classification and handling based on the help/hinder axis, not on the love/hate axis or good/evil axis. Anyway, we have to see more of what Modi actually does to be sure.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last edited by gandharva on 10 Oct 2014 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:
Indians could and would love pakistan if only they stopped pointing guns at us. Modi's policy is an expression of this.
I wonder. It would seem to be more classification and handling based on the help/hinder axis, not on the love/hate axis or good/evil axis. Anyway, we have to see more of what Modi actually does to be sure.
Way I see it, for Modi, who calls himself an amdavadi businessman, help/hinder is the material-world expression of love/hate, good/evil. You love somebody, you don't waste money and time on roses, chocolates, and love songs, you show it in action by doing something to raise them up materially, to the level that you can do something with them, in partnership.

Christians can understand this as Calvinism (IIRC) without the coldness and bigotry.

I think Modi has already said how he thinks and what he will do, and we will see few surprises as we watch him work.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Love/hate is emotional, good/evil is moralistic, help/hinder is transactional. Very big difference, IMO, taking out the emotion and moralism from the India/China, India/Pakistan, India/US relationships.

Anyway, did anyone catch this from TFT's nuggets in the Urdu press:
http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/nugge ... -press-54/
Reported in Jang (September 25, 2014) customs officials in Lahore caught a suicide vest being sent to London through PIA’s cargo service. Police is searching for the customer and the clearing agent.
It is roughly at the same time as the recent British crackdown on Islamists:
http://nypost.com/2014/09/25/britain-ma ... crackdown/
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

gandharva wrote:
Another normal paki who pledges his love for the Packee army, and dutifully believes whatever his country's army barfs and sees a yindoo conspiracy in every goat dropping.. Their sense of soup-e-rear-ity is truly bind bending.. They assume it as a default fact. From Space Science to flag poles.

The fact is this: Packeestan is Sooth asia's North Korea.. This needs to be put out there in the internet.. The MSM needs to be flooded with material comparing Pak and NK and how hopeless they both are.

The day when the whole world starts laughing at Packee propagandu (just like North Korea's) is the day when these dimwitted packees on the internet will truly realize that something probably is wrong with what was fed to them in schools..
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

CRamS wrote:A_GuptaJi, you are being way too generous boss by not attributing any malignan intentions to the Nobel Piss committe b@stards. They pissed on India's face with this, make no mistake about. What they essentially told India is, you getting raped by TSP through terror, through undeclared war on he LoC and IB is insignificant. And mind you, those b@stards know exactly how the ISI and TSPA work, and how this award will in now way be used by ISI/TSPA for the betterment of their people or genuine piss with India, but rather as another propaganda tool to assert parity with India.
I see that the Nobel prize has a "double psychological layer" in our minds.

The first is that it really really recognizes the best of the best and we believe that. Once we believe that outside of the Nobel prize group, no one can be that big or that revolutionary - a dynamic is set up where the prize can either be used as a tool, or alternatively we perceive that it is being used as a tool.

The "Western world" is united in accepting the Nobel as "their" baby, given mostly to achievements in "their domains" done by the methods they recognize. While the science and math prizes are fascinating there are always others in the field who have done work that is probably as good, who get forgotten. So this is a "Northern. Atlantic" winner-takes-all prize. Check the list below for just 4 countries, US, UK, Germany and France. Mostly, work done elsewhere does not meet the criteria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:N ... ationality

But we are mentally primed to accept the Nobel as the best and we apply "meta arguments" based on our perceptions of the Nobel being the top prize
1. Indians have won more Nobels than Pakis (We are superior because the west has said so)
2. MMS is trying for the Nobel (which we think he wants because we accept that it is the world's top prize and assume he thinks like us)
3. Nobel committee are playing with India and Pakistan by doing equal equal (Master has not treated me fairly)

As long as we are convinced that the Nobel prize - esp for peace and literature are actually "Greatly desirable World level honours" we also have to accept that the Nobel committee is under no obligation to be fair and can do what they like and put fingers up our backsides if they wish.

If, after we have their fingers inserted up our backsides, we still insist on considering the Nobel as the best of the best then we have no reason to complain. Underlings will be underlings. We are underlings and need to suck it up.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anybody can say anything, but this is what DG, Rangers told DAWN
DG Rangers also provided a breakdown of the firearms used in the ceasefire violations, stating that 31,868 mortar rounds have been used in the stipulated time period.

He moreover added that 438,361 small and big weapons have been used against Pakistan. The DG Rangers claimed that such a large quantity of weapons and mortal shells had not even been used in a full-scale war.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

shiv wrote: I see that the Nobel prize has a "double psychological layer" in our minds.
Shiv, since you brought this up, this is my comment on the NYTimes web-site:
A feel-good moment for the Nobel committee, no doubt. But it is the recipients that confer honor on the prize, not the other way round. If I was cynical, I would say this is patronizing at its worst. But I'll take it as an effort to help the awardees in their worthy work.

The Nobel will probably help Kailash Sathyarti and his associates in their work in India.

I am not so sure that the Nobel to Malala Yousafzai will help the cause of female education in Pakistan. Already on the BBC radio, I listened to the editor of the Pakistan Observer say that this is a western conspiracy, Malala is a fraud, she was never shot ("how did she survive the shooting at close range? Where are her scars?") , her writings are the work of her father or a hired professional writer, that she is a "normal, useless girl" (the "useless" retracted with "my English is poor".) He conceded that Malala went to a girls-only school, but said he sees pictures daily of children in Pakistan's westernized schools, children in situations just short of husband-wife relations, as he put it. Education for girls, he averred, is good only if it does not corrupt the morals. So all of this is a western attempt to undermine Pakistan.
PS: There is another comment there:
Rick
US 26 minutes ago

How patronizing, giving a shared Nobel to a Pakistani and an Indian, I guess now both nations can sing kumbayah, is this foolish manner how these western nations think? That somehow by bestowing their grand prize on both people equally, you somehow made a grand gesture? Now now kids dont fight, here is a candy for both to share.

Unbelievable the level of stupidity.
Last edited by A_Gupta on 10 Oct 2014 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Pak chose to fire along International border to unsettle Hindus

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 73684.aspx
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A_Gupta wrote:But it is the recipients that confer honor on the prize, not the other way round.
Arun that is a prize comment and the quote above was a moment of epiphany for me. +1
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

deejay wrote:Nobel Peace Prize has a brand image in the mango abdul eyes. Time to tear the Peace Prize of Nobel with the dynamite. Loss of credibility to such bhestern institutions will go a long way in Equality, Liberty & Fraternity - Desi style.
These things are quite powerful and are deployed strategically to cause maximum impact by the great bhest. I say they are more powerful than the weapons of the bhest. Hallywood media and prizes are really the great achievements of bhest because of their innovations in propaganda.
I listened to the editor of the Pakistan Observer say that this is a western conspiracy, Malala is a fraud, she was never shot ("how did she survive the shooting at close range? Where are her scars?") , her writings are the work of her father or a hired professional writer, that she is a "normal, useless girl" (the "useless" retracted with "my English is poor".)
These are good questions. And I think there would be many oppressed women all over the world. Why this special attention on Bakistan and that too Malala?(Even if the story is true).

BTW, same holds true for Bhaarath also. Why this special attention on child slavery and rapes in India? Do they happen only in Bhaarath?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If Malala Lodi alone was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize Pak would have torn itself apar. triple whammy: woman, Pashtun, against Islamists. So KS was thrown in for free. Lets enjoy the moment. The worst outcome would have been Mushy and MMS for Siachen piss park.
Also Child trafficking is a bigger problem in West. Recall the world map showing traffic patterns. So KS can be used to turn the tbales.

Majorly Profound used to say ML was being considered for NPP his year.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

Is Pakistan Observer really a national paper? Isn't that the one that was owned or edited by Xerox Khan and gave us such gems of pinglish as Earth-e-shaster and raisin dieter?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

We surely could use the situation to our advantage. West is gaining on this and India can gain on this. The pious aam abdul to bious Jernails are more worried about the girl child saying i want to go to school like Malala. :(( The west is playing it well. Its just a game of exposing the weakness of the other side and telling them look this is your weakness and we're exposing it to the world. :) And telling them to come out of it. Once they are out of it. They are no more them. :) So that part of the world is now caught in a big dilemma. :roll:

We can put a front like Malala fought against terrorism. Its time for Pakistan to end all terror infrastructure and start more schools. :) Telling them Hafeez Sayeed's are of no use, but more and more Malala's going to school would. :)
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Epic!!!
Benazir Bhutto met Rajiv Gandhi on 22 Dec 1987.
Bilawal was born of 21 Sep 1988...exactly after 9 months!

What coincidence!!

We can claim Bilawal before he claims Kashmir...!!!
It's not a mere coincidence. he does talk like Rahul Gandhi.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

I have come across no prior “official” honour such as a Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan or Padma Vibhushan being awarded by our Country for Kailash Satyarthi. If true that no such award was conferred by India, what is the back-story about not being good enough for a National award but being good enough for a Noble?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

arun wrote:I have come across no prior “official” honour such as a Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan or Padma Vibhushan being awarded by our Country for Kailash Satyarthi. If true that no such award was conferred by India, what is the back-story about not being good enough for a National award but being good enough for a Noble?
probably means he is not in the same class as other Padma recipients like Rajdeep Sardesai?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

^^^ If even Rajdeep made it then surely ................

Anyway at least I had heard of Rajdeep and for that matter Arnab Goswami but this Kailash Satyarthi is largely a cipher.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

rsingh wrote:Problem with Nobel PP winners is.........they start assuming that they are super humans and they have solutions for everything. Soon sekular media will train them with peacnik words and phrases. Today on TV this guy was aam abdul.......lost for words. Very soon we will see him using words like dialog,interfaith dialog,communal harmony,peace overtures,root of fundamentalism,saffron terror etc. If Maoists enrolls him for fight of dalits and untouchables.......God save India.About Malala.........west is preparing future Prime minister of Pakistan.
Quoting my own post. Things are happening already. Malalala wants Manynia Modi ji and badmash to attend the ceremony in december........for peace.From girls education to peace between shitland and Bharat.......that was quick.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Anujan saar, there is no link to the previous thread in the opening post.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

ThinkProgress is Umrikan Liberal Site:
http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/10/ ... bel-prize/
In Her Home Country Of Pakistan, Many Believe Nobel Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai Is A CIA Spy
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

A_Gupta wrote:^^^
Firing will peter out soon setting the stage for next month's Saarc summit in Kathmandu. Mr Modi, the acclaimed new messiah of Saarc spirit, will just have one option — to initiate the revival of needlessly stalled dialogue.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst
Really?
Perhaps time someone asked General loudmouth as to why exactly he left the IA. Suffice to say, his is not a respected voice in several places.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

So indian army has made things worse for the Sharifs. Mustache sharif will become desparate now. If the situation continues then his days are numbered.

I didnt see any call for 'restrain' from the west, china and UN. More problem for pukies.
member_23365
BRFite

Post by member_23365 »

SBajwa wrote:Epic!!!
Benazir Bhutto met Rajiv Gandhi on 22 Dec 1987.
Bilawal was born of 21 Sep 1988...exactly after 9 months!

What coincidence!!

We can claim Bilawal before he claims Kashmir...!!!
It's not a mere coincidence. he does talk like Rahul Gandhi.
Bajwa sir,
I have listened that Bilawal's Kashmir speech.. I can say even our(indian) pappu is 100 times better than their(paki) pappu
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Paki Dream will truly come true when New TTP return soon to complete the circle.
India Ki Taraf Se Motte Mortars
FATA ki Owrrr se AK Forty Seven
Truly Then Pakistan will resemble
Deen Ka Heaven.