Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 10 Oct 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 10 Oct

Post by ArmenT »

This comment on fark by user mizchief:
Lucky she didn't get killed in a drone strike by another peace-prize winner...
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

arun wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:I was just reflecting that Pakistan's Nobel winners, Abdus Salam and Malala Yusufzai, could not safely live in Pakistan.

Dont call her paki. She is a Pushtun Girl not Paki.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

RCase wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2V31hSdftA
Taliban Khan's Rona Dhona
(
I notice that in Pureland it is always spelled "Narinder" Modi.
Gautam
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Not sure if this was posted earlier. It has seas of information.

What mainstream media is not telling you about Indo-Pak conflict in Kashmir - Indian Exponent

Some heartwarming points...

Pakis have lost around 165 people which includes 85 military personnel

We have now deployed Brahmos batteries across the entire international border. :twisted:

Incidentally our ammunition stocks, which reached an all time precarious low under the UPA regime have now been substantially re-stocked and we have sufficient reserves to fight long engagements or intense wars. :D

We have kept strike jets on standby and strike corps of the army to staging areas. Tank brigades are ditto. Western Naval Command is on full alert. This response is just in support of more than adequate border elements who are punishing Pakis and not to be construed as a war move :twisted:

Read it full only.

In today's DNA group's local newspaper - which is far more credible than the others - I read the bit about tank brigades and Bramhos. The paper claims that pakis ceased firing on seeing India's preparedness (read itch :mrgreen: ).
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Nawaz tells army to pay back India in same coin - DT
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday asked the army to employ a “tit for tat” strategy against India over the recent unprovoked border shelling and firing by the neighbouring country.

The National Security Committee, which met under the chairmanship of the prime minister on Friday, stated it was fully equipped to engage in a war against any power challenging the country’s sovereignty, however, war should be avoided at all costs, as it just brings catastrophe and destruction. The NSC ruled out a war with India and added that Pakistan’s armed forces are fully prepared to repulse any attack from the eastern neighbour. “War with India isn’t an option”, however, the armed forces are fully equipped to repel any attack on the country’s sovereignty, a statement issued by the office of the prime minister stated following the NSC meeting.

According to insiders, Prime Minister Nawaz spoke highly of the armed forces and expressed confidence in their capabilities. “During the meeting, not only he appreciated armed forces, but also directed the military establishment to use ‘tit for tat’ strategy against India,” a source told Daily Times. A source quoted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif as saying that the leadership of the two countries must feel responsibility to diffuse tension. “

He said it is the shared responsibility of the leadership of both countries to immediately defuse the situation. The National Security Committee, however, resolved that any attempt to challenge Pakistan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty will be responded with full force, Nawaz Sharif’s office stated. The meeting was attended by Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif, Adviser to PM on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz, Chief of Army Staff Gen Raheel Sharif and senior military and civil officials.

The meeting discussed the situation arising from unprovoked firing by the Indian security forces across the Line of Control and the Working Boundary. The premier also deplored the loss of lives on the Pakistani side of the border as a result of Indian firing. The NSC noted with deep concern that the continuing ceasefire violations by Indian forces had led to the loss of precious lives and injuries to innocent people, including soldiers.

The committee, however, made it clear that Pakistan’s earnest desire for normalising bilateral relations and defusing the situation at the LoC should not be seen as a sign of weakness, it is in fact a sign of maturity and sincerity. The committee expressed the hope that both countries would respect the ceasefire agreement of 2003 and maintain tranquillity on the LoC and the WB, without indulging in blame-game and point-scoring. The committee expressed the resolve that any attempt to challenge Pakistan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty will be responded with full force.

The armed forces assured the National Security Committee that they are fully prepared to deal with any adversity at the borders. Any further escalation will only complicate the environment for meaningful discussion on the Kashmir issue and adversely affect the broader objective of regional cooperation. During the meeting, the premier said that his visit to Miramshah was a very moving experience. He paid rich tributes to the troops who are fighting against terrorists in North Waziristan and noted the sacrifices of soldiers who had laid down their lives in defence of their motherland. The NSC noted that sadly the unprovoked violations of ceasefire by the Indian forces had occurred in total disregard of the auspicious and festive occasion of Eidul Azha.

The committee offered condolences to the bereaved families of the 13 civilians and sympathies with the injured people. It commended the soldiers “who bravely and duly responded to the aggression”. The NSC noted that the government of Pakistan has pursued a policy of peaceful relations with all its neighbours. Initiation of peace dialogue of the 1990s, and more recently, participation of the PM Nawaz in Prime Minister Modi’s oath-taking ceremony are a manifestation of Pakistan’s sincere desire to constructively engage India to establish durable peace in the region.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Aman ki Asha is a Mirage - high time India acknowledges the bitter truth about Pakistan

- an old article linked off an earlier post.

What has always baffled me is like this. Let me explain with an example.

If you and I live as neighnours and I hate you and I do everything possible to indicate that I hate you including damaging your property and kiling your family, what on earth would make you feel that I am actually a friendly person in my heart of hearts.

If you think that I will become cuddly and friendly after seeing your cuddly-friendly behaviour, and I don't do that, surely you should have the sense to understand that I DO NOT want your friendship. I am calling you my enemy. Why are you pretending that you are not my enemy? Are you trying to prove that I am mad but you are sane? That is stupid. You are mad to think that you can be my friend.

It is better for you to consider me your enemy and treat me like one. Is this so difficult to undertstand after 4 wars and countless incidents of terrorism later? Are some of our media and leaders dumb or are they dumb? mani Shankar Aiyer. Are you listening? No you don't need to agree. I know you are dumb.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

While there may be a larger design behind the firing, even tactically, the timing and the location betrays a devious mind. The timing was the Eid and the location was the Hindu-dominated IB, rather than the Muslim-majority LoC Kashmir. The concerted efforts by all Pakistani leaders to refer to 'firing by the Indians during the Eid festive time' shows that the Pakistani provocation was timed. They wanted to achieve multiple aims such as sending in infiltrators before the the winter using the damage to the fences etc due to floods, test the Indian resolve to see if they would walk the talk, and yet depict the new Hindu government as insensitive to Muslims (the Eid bit is targetted not only to raise fervour among Pakistani Muslims but also internationally and if possible Indian muslims as well). At the same time, they wanted to kill as many Hindus as possible, destroy as many Hindu villages as possible etc. They also exploit the UNMOGIP issue at the same time.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

TSPA fully capable of responding to aggression - Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan - DT
Nisar accused BSF of deliberately opening fire at the civilians causing panic during the time people were busy celebrating the festivity of Eid-ul-Adha which is certainly not acceptable and Pakistan had to respond.
The interior minister said peaceful relations between countries were the best way to go about, adding that they would not accept India’s domineering in the region. He said that they would apprise United Nations chief Ban Ki Moon and five other nations of Indian’s hostility.{China, US, KSA, UK & Japan? . . .which make up the 3½ Friends} He alleged that unprovoked firing by Indians seemed to have a specific purpose and said that it should recognise that Pakistan is a nuclear power. Nisar said Pakistan would give a befitting response to India’s aggression along the border, adding that the country’s troops were fully capable in this regard.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SSridhar wrote:While there may be a larger design behind the firing, even tactically, the timing and the location betrays a devious mind. The timing was the Eid and the location was the Hindu-dominated IB, rather than the Muslim-majority LoC Kashmir. The concerted efforts by all Pakistani leaders to refer to 'firing by the Indians during the Eid festive time' shows that the Pakistani provocation was timed. They wanted to achieve multiple aims such as sending in infiltrators before the the winter using the damage to the fences etc due to floods, test the Indian resolve to see if they would walk the talk, and yet depict the new Hindu government as insensitive to Muslims (the Eid bit is targetted not only to raise fervour among Pakistani Muslims but also internationally and if possible Indian muslims as well). At the same time, they wanted to kill as many Hindus as possible, destroy as many Hindu villages as possible etc. They also exploit the UNMOGIP issue at the same time.
The buggers have gamed this in advance but failed, as usual, to gauge the Indian response.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

By asking the army to employ a “tit for tat” strategy, NS has sought to deflect criticism at home that laid all of the blame at his doorsteps. Remember, Kargil was won but for NS goes the TSPA's narrative.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

SSridhar wrote:While there may be a larger design behind the firing, even tactically, the timing and the location betrays a devious mind. The timing was the Eid and the location was the Hindu-dominated IB, rather than the Muslim-majority LoC Kashmir. The concerted efforts by all Pakistani leaders to refer to 'firing by the Indians during the Eid festive time' shows that the Pakistani provocation was timed. They wanted to achieve multiple aims such as sending in infiltrators before the the winter using the damage to the fences etc due to floods, test the Indian resolve to see if they would walk the talk, and yet depict the new Hindu government as insensitive to Muslims (the Eid bit is targetted not only to raise fervour among Pakistani Muslims but also internationally and if possible Indian muslims as well). At the same time, they wanted to kill as many Hindus as possible, destroy as many Hindu villages as possible etc. They also exploit the UNMOGIP issue at the same time.
I would also see the timing from what makes strategic sense to the Baki mind.

The Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan in Feb 1989. Bakis amped up terrorism in Kashmir in 1990. The two events as sequential. Bakis turned their jihadi scum East when their western borders were secured.

Different world today, but in my opinion their 'strategic brilliance' is leading them to make similar conclusions in the backdrop of the American force reduction. These are just initial shots in that campaign.

It needs to be said, their threat potential to foment even more trouble in Kashmir remains strong. I will wait to see how we react over the next few years.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

chetak wrote:The buggers have gamed this in advance but failed, as usual, to gauge the Indian response.
Their usual gaming was spot on just that the new government has changed the rules of the game.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Malala offered Canadian citizenship - DAWN
Many world leaders paid tribute to Malala Yousufzai on Friday after it was announced that she had been awarded Nobel Peace Prize, but Canadian Prime Minister offered the “ultimate praise” by declaring that she would be granted citizenship of his country.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper said that Malala would visit Ottawa on Oct 22 and that she would be granted an honorary citizenship of Canada.

She is only the sixth person to receive honorary Canadian citizenship.
It was Mrs IG who felicitated Dr. Abdus Salam in New Delhi. There was nothing for him in Islamabad. He does not even have the distinction of being the first Muslim to receive a Nobel Prize because he was an Ahmedi and his tombstone was vandalized to record that fact. I won't be surprised if Malala were to be invited to New Delhi but never to Islamabad. Even if invited, I am not sure if she would dare set her foot in that country again.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Baikul wrote:These are just initial shots in that campaign.

It needs to be said, their threat potential to foment even more trouble in Kashmir remains strong. I will wait to see how we react over the next few years.
Agree, we will have to alert for the TSPA is not going to accept defeat just with one show of force. There may be an intermediate period of lull till they re-group and re-strategize.
RSoami
BRFite

Post by RSoami »

Pakistan beats Australia in `home series`.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141011/s ... day-series
RSoami
BRFite

Post by RSoami »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/10/world ... .html?_r=0

Paki terrorists attacking Iran too now.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

RSoami wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/10/world ... .html?_r=0

Paki terrorists attacking Iran too now.
Right time for India, Iran and Afghanistan as the unfortunate trio sharing borders with Pakistan - to evolve a joint policy on dealing with border transgressions from Puke-land. The interests of the three are probably aligned when it comes to dealing with this issue.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

pankajs wrote:By asking the army to employ a “tit for tat” strategy, NS has sought to deflect criticism at home that laid all of the blame at his doorsteps. Remember, Kargil was won but for NS goes the TSPA's narrative.
I have this juvenile mental image of some secretary scribbling in urdu thinking -- did he just say tits?
RSoami
BRFite

Post by RSoami »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1137286

Mohmand women protest raids on their houses
A resident of the area said that the security forces had started search operations and houses were being raided. He said that a shopkeeper was picked up from Chanda Bazaar in Haleemzai three days ago and his body was recovered from Shabqader area of Charsadda district adjacent to Mohmand Agency.
He said that some elements had increased their activities against the security forces following which sting operations were launched in the area.
:D
Officials said that miscreants had started targeting government employees and personnel of the law enforcement agencies in some areas. Three people, a polio worker among them, were killed in landmine explosion while beheaded body of a Levies man was recovered on Wednesday last.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

pankajs wrote:
Baikul wrote:These are just initial shots in that campaign.

Agree, we will have to alert for the TSPA is not going to accept defeat just with one show of force. There may be an intermediate period of lull till they re-group and re-strategize.
Guys, this is what DG, BSF Devendra Kumar Pathak said:
"I do know Pakistan and J&K well," he told ET. "That is why I feel though Pakistan has stopped firing today, you never know what will happen tomorrow. After all, they broke their earlier promise from August to not resort to unprovoked firing."
And, also,
Sources said Modi spoke to Pathak on multiple occasions while he was in Jammu, exhorting him to raise the morale of his forces and hit back with heavy retaliatory fire.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Extract from Transcript of Media Briefing by Secretary(West) and Official Spokesperson (October 10, 2014). Provides information on India’s thinking and actions regards the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s provocations on the IB and LoC in J&K :
Question (Faraz Ahmed, Lok Mat): Before this government took over, India was characterised by the opposition as a soft state and the previous government was blamed for that. Now that we have a strong government here, when do we expect and how do we expect a befitting reply to Pakistan?

Official Spokesperson: I think what has been responded to is already a befitting reply.

Question: …(Inaudible)…

Official Spokesperson: Let me finish. You have had your chance to speak. Let me try and explain our approach to the issue that you want me to respond to and I will respond to. But please give me time to respond to a question that you have thought about for long before asking.

Let me try and place our views on this matter so that you all understand where we are coming from. You are aware that the new Indian Government was always serious about a bilateral dialogue with Pakistan. We had also made it clear that such a bilateral dialogue should be in a peaceful atmosphere and without the shadow of terrorism.

You are also aware that from the first day that this government took office, we have shown readiness to take the first step and engage with Pakistan in a peaceful manner. But what have we received in return? Somebody was talking about return gifts. It is there for all of you to see. A media spectacle before exploratory talks between Foreign Secretaries, hostile propaganda against India at the international level, continued terrorism against India, and more recently violence against our citizens on the international boundary.

Therefore, we are in a mode that we will respond appropriately; it is for Pakistan to either escalate or de-escalate; we will respond as appropriate to what will be their efforts in this regard. Our view is, first and foremost Pakistan and its security forces need to end the present adventurism along the international border and the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir. Peace and tranquillity along the international border and Line of Control needs to be completely restored so that our civilian populations can return to their homes and their lives.

Let me also mention to you that while we will not talk out of fear, we have no fear of talks.

Question: Sir, ab se kuchh der pehle Pakistan ka ek bayan tha ki Bharat ko joh situation hai voh escalate nahin karni chahiye aur donon nuclear powers hain. Ek tarah se yeh fact hai nuclear power hone ka Pakistan ki taraf se. Aap ka viewpoint is masle par kya hai?

Official Spokesperson: Dilip, main ne abhi javab diya hai, de-escalation is now entirely in Pakistan’s hands.

Question (Abhishek, PTI): I have a small question. Pakistan is alleging that it was India which started this shelling. How are we going to take that?

Official Spokesperson: Thank you, Abhishek. I am aware of these allegations which have, as you said, originated in Pakistan. Let me try and say what I have to say on that. I have just to recall something that these allegations are being made by those that harboured Al Qaeda Chief Osama Bin Laden for over a decade at a military garrison town inside Pakistan while telling their western partners who provided them assistance and military aid that they were supporting the global war on counterterrorism against Al Qaeda. I rest my case beyond that.

Question: There have been some reports that after the heavy retaliation by India the firing has stopped to a large extent on the international border also. Can you confirm what are the inputs you are getting on that? The PM himself had said this a couple of days back that he was hopeful about peace and calm returning. So, can you substantiate on it?

Official Spokesperson: You are aware that I only respond to diplomatic issues which are on the table between them. What happens on the border is for our brave sentinels of the border to respond to. There are mechanisms which are in place which are providing that information, and I would request you to follow those. As far as the diplomatic angle is concerned, I have responded to those issues.

Question: Sir, while you spoke about the firing on civilians on the Indo-Pak border, while that has been happening there have been reports that this Pak army offensive in North West Agency, while that has gone on, special efforts were made to ensure that the Haqqanis could go off to Afghanistan. In a situation like this, on the one hand you are letting terrorists go and on the other hand you are firing at civilians, how will you deal with this diplomatically with Pakistan in the future?

Official Spokesperson: Shrinjoy, I think I answered about the track record on this issue when somebody asked me what was my response to allegations that it was India which was provocative. I have explained the track record of those who are trying to blame us without any basis for that. I do not think I need to repeat that but I have explained our view on exactly those lines.
From the Ministry of External Affairs website:

MEA
Last edited by arun on 11 Oct 2014 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Oh my.. What a blow to Paki echandee.. So much for raising a din for Afia

Afia wants her conviction overturned... Cause she had to use lawyers paid by Paki Govt
NEW YORK: A federal judge in New York has rejected a bid by Aafia Siddiqui to have her conviction for shooting at American soldiers overturned.

Judge Richard Berman issued the ruling on Thursday. Aafia Siddiqui had said in court papers that her 2010 conviction should be thrown out because she was forced to use lawyers paid for by the government of Pakistan. :shock:
Is she implying that the lawyers provided by bakis were worthless just like the bakis themselves?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I think more than anyone else, It is the Pak Army that has got its hand in another cookie jar and now they can not let go of either the cookie or the jar or the fist.
NS got them in a tight spot with free hand to deal with India so that there is no Kargil V2.0 blame on him. Unfortunately for Pak Army, They are dealing with Modi, who would not let Pak get away with unprovoked AoA celebration on the border.
Once the Pak Army climbs down from this ladder of escalation, They would have lost face, Immy Dim and the Canadian citizen would have their balloon pricked and life will be easier for Paki PM.

NaMo is not only ruling India but also the breakaway provinces like STFUP and he has to make sure that local Nawab is protected against the goons and thugs masquerading as Army.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The Indian Express ‏@IndianExpress 1m1 minute ago

Stampede at Imran Khan’s rally kills 7 in Pakistan http://ie.iexp.in/1qbcPCb
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

What teachers teaches to students in Pakistan see the reality of education in pakistan

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

disha wrote:I thought about the same thing and was thinking how Modi will respond.

I will not be surprised that Modi will cite un-availability due to time constraints and instead send Arun Jaitley (assuming he will be in good health and as Defense minister) or Sushma Swaraj (as EA minister) or NSA Ajit Doval.

OR

Modi may go and turn it into an opportunity and talk about achievements of Indians.

Anyway there is no precedent of heads of state attending ignobel piss prize unless the head of state happens to be obomber.
Just offer Noble committee a counter offer, i.e. giving Noble Peace Prize in New Delhi and Islamabad, and if Islamabad is unwilling to host Malala ceremony due to Taliban, New Delhi is more than happy to host Malala, the anti-Taliban icon, and ask Nawaz to attend a ceremony in India itself. Fight a sword with a sword.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Pakistan again violates ceasefire, fires at forward posts in Poonch

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 782671.cms
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 10 Oct 2014

Post by Peregrine »

Case closed: Aafia Siddiqui allowed to end US appeal

NEW YORK: A US court on Thursday allowed Dr Aafia Siddiqui to withdraw what could be the last appeal of her conviction on charges of attempted murder.

US District Judge Richard Berman in Manhattan said that Siddiqui, who is serving an 86-year sentence in a prison medical centre in Texas, had ‘clearly and unequivocally’ stated her intent to end the appeal.

The judge ordered the case closed
and said that, even if the appeal had continued, he likely would have ruled against her. Siddiqui was represented at trial by an able team of five lawyers, Berman wrote. He declined to hold a hearing to question her further. In May, a new lawyer filed the appeal on Siddiqui’s behalf, but in July Siddiqui wrote a letter to Berman saying she had no faith in the US legal system and refused to participate in it.

A jury convicted Siddiqui in 2010 of attempting to shoot and kill a group of FBI agents, US soldiers and interpreters who were about to interrogate her in Ghazni, Afghanistan, for alleged links to al Qaeda

Comment added later : Saleem - the alBakistanis make crooks, murderers, terrorists their heroes and disown Nobel prize winners. What a nation!
Cheers Image
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

This is hilarious. One of the press (must be a Paki, photo is from the back, so I am not 400% sure), at the press conference for the NPP announcement actually repeated the "she hasn't done anything" thing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/some-guy ... ng-2014-10
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, no need for me to repeat the lies TSP uses to cover up its aggression against India; to the last RAPEist, they come up with the most bizzare contortions to suggest that it is India that is the aggressor.

Now, the western bahadurs do an equal with "both sides" accuse each other BS, when the simple truth (which even if the white media does not know, their "South Asia" experts know for sure) is that India has no reason, none whatsoever, to initiate any circus along the LoC unless its provoked. This simple truth gets buried deep inside TSP's complex falsehoods, and the white man's geo-political interests. So the equal equal (or baaad India) narrative has a life of its own and there is nothing much India (at least the nationalists) can do about it.

But one FACT that ModiJi and MEA pulled out and brilliantly used is reminding the whites that TSP's denials have no credibility because this is the same entity that harbored Osama Bin Ladin right under TSPA's nose and lied through their teeth. This will get the attention of the white bahadurs. Everything else TSP can make a mockery of with impunity, including 26/11.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

CRamS wrote: This will get the attention of the white bahadurs. Everything else TSP can make a mockery of with impunity, including 26/11.
CRS, I have to disagree with you. The White bahadur is not burdened by anything. Don't they know the perfidy of Pakistan? They have lived with it for 50 years. The fact that the US itself has never said or done anything significant about the Osama fraud has to strike us across our face.

When Panetta says that Kiyani sounded genuinely shocked and urged him to announce this to the world, he is trying to tell us that Kiyani felt a justified shame for having been less diligent in tracking Osama. I am sure that Panetta and all those people assembled in that room knew that was a blatant lie. To this day, the US has not openly accused and shamed Pakistan on the Osama fraud. I am sure that cannot be lost on us. The US lost its men & women in Afghanistan solely due to Pakistan's perfidy, and yet the US has remained largely silent. The State Deptt is a powerful friend of Pakistan and considers India as unfriendly.

To expect the US to take action against Pakistan is a mirage.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSridharJi, I agree with you, and I was not suggesting the white bahadurs will take any action. I am just pointing out that by using TSP perfidy visa vi OBL, the aam white abdul will take notice. Right now to the extent that TSP perfidy via vi India is covered, its equal equal, but by highlighting TSP perfidy visa vi OBL, the AP, Reuters, CNN, pee-ppe-see reporters types will have something to think about instead of just typing up their routine equal equal garbage sitting in some 5-star hotel somewhere.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

I'm not sure what the Indian khujli is. Back in 1948, when India was a midget of a power compared to now, the "white bahadur" was unable to bend India to their will, all they could do is put obstacles in India's way. Sixty seven years later, why does the "white media" even matter? Leave aside equal-equal, even if the "white media" comes out with full force on the side of Pakistan, it doesn't make a practical difference to India. In fact, it might result in less debate and more unity on the Indian side.

Does the "white media" have a disproportionate effect on Indian media? I doubt it, and the influence you see again is in some of the English media; but the public opinion that matters as far as getting politicians reelected is not expressed in English.

Time to grow up.

You see the surface waves and feel agitated, but what really matters is the deep ocean currents.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSJi, taking of US action, retd. general Mehta, who views were posted here suggests that TSP has not mounted a big terrorist attack since 26/11 because of US pressure on TSP. Do you believe him?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The thrust of Indian policy towards Pakistan since 1972 at least, if not earlier, is that all issues will be settled bilaterally only. India's ability to execute on that policy has never been greater.

Why is Motorma Fair on a bit of a rampage? Because she does not think the US has applied enough pressure on Pakistan to keep Pakistan from killing American personnel in Afghanistan. So, with all respect to Gen Mehta, thinking that the US effectively pressured Pakistan from deniable killings of SDREs is a bit of a stretch, no?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

This article says it's Malalas father that is the hope for Girl child education in Pakistan:

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/201 ... eace_prize
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

A_Gupta wrote: Does the "white media" have a disproportionate effect on Indian media? I doubt it, and the influence you see again is in some of the English media; but the public opinion that matters as far as getting politicians reelected is not expressed in English.

Time to grow up.

You see the surface waves and feel agitated, but what really matters is the deep ocean currents.
Well said !
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

A_GuptaJi, I think given the power disparity between US, and either India or TSP, US coming out strongly in favor of India, or at least highlighting the truth about TSP thorugh its expansive far-reaching media will make a difference (as SSJi said, expecting them to do so is a mirage as we have discussed many times over). And US doing this equal equal BS in face of this brazen TSP perfidy is making India's life that bit harder.