Indo-UK News and Discussion - April 2013

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News and Discussion - April 2013

Post by Yagnasri »

RajeshA wrote:
IndraD wrote:UKIP making progress by leaps and bounds, other parties sweating.
some how UKIP has convinced people they are solution of problem
and the only problem in UK is immigration, once this is stopped and UK pulls out of EU
gold will be raining from above
Indians in UK should move to Scotland en masse, and let UKIP win in England, resulting in UK leaving EU, and Scotland leaving UK to stay on in the EU.
Most of the so called Indians are happy being called as South Asians, Asians etc. Many of them are peacefuls and Khalisthanis. Indic people are happy doing bania things. So they all may not appreciate the threat from UKIP. Let them get kicked around for sometime so that they also learn. But I feel UK will soon become a two religion nation with Islam being the second one after AC of the queen. I will not be surprised if next queen wearing a Hijab. :D
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Yagnasri wrote:Most of the so called Indians are happy being called as South Asians, Asians etc
and tell me how do you know that???
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Agnimitra wrote:RajeshA ji, even though I'm bummed out about the Scottish referendum, lovely to see you back. :)
Agnimitra ji,

Namaskar!

Scots are only getting warm! We'll have to see how things develop, but this can progress in only one direction!
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Yagnasri,

You still have not answered my question!!!
I am intrugued, I have lived here all my life and every Indian origin person I know goes out of the way not to be described as "asian".

Infact I spend alot of time writing to media outlets and reporters asking them not to use the term "Asian"

So come on, how do you know this?? :-? :-?
Haresh wrote:Yagnasri wrote:
Most of the so called Indians are happy being called as South Asians, Asians etc

and tell me how do you know that???
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I wonder if the Faithful and Gnaw-ledge-able here would kindly discuss the Anti-Caste Legislation being pushed by the Labor Party. From what UBNC hears from Usually Re-Lie-Able Sources Who Insist on Anonymity Because They Are Not Allowed to Talk to UBNC, this will enable the Brish1t-Pakis and their Conversionist puppeteers to sue desis for yindoo relijjious celebrations (which will be deemed Casteist). New way of demanding Oppressed Minority status for the Newly Harvested Souls. Hope adminullahs don't ban the discussion - note that it is a political issue with (some feel) extreme implications to desi interests.

Interesting divide there too. From what UBNC hears (sorry, can't post c reasons above) the weird thing is that the legislation's primary supporter among desis is a lawyer-MP honcho of Da Man Himself, while the opponent is some scrawny SDRE. Really strange alignments! What is going on?
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Haresh wrote:Yagnasri,

You still have not answered my question!!!
I am intrugued, I have lived here all my life and every Indian origin person I know goes out of the way not to be described as "asian".

Infact I spend alot of time writing to media outlets and reporters asking them not to use the term "Asian"

So come on, how do you know this?? :-? :-?
Hareshji, I must say you're lucky if that has been your experience. Unfortunately, I have met too many Indics who describe themselves as 'Asian' and it used to irritate me immensely. Many a time, I would correct both Goras and Desis that we are Indians and not Asians, but I took special pleasure in explaining that to the Bakis.
Another irritant used to be Pakis claiming to be Desis. I would tell them not to appropriate that term, whatever happened to them being Bersians and all, shouldn't they be 'Mulkis' while we get to be 'Desis'? :lol:
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Ardeshir,

The overwhelming majority of Indics I have met will say they are Indian not "asian"
If a gora is every curious I will explain and after that they will use the word Indian.
Infact I believe there is actually a term for us. BIO = British of Indian Origin.

paks use asian, becauser they can disguise the fact that they are, well paks and hence failures, inbred, terror sympathisers, and potential rapists.

I have met a very small minority of Sikhs, mostly young who will say "we are Sikhs not Indians"
I once met a Philippini girl who was of Indian origin and raised Catholic, she told me that she still tells others she is Hindu/Indian

Gora's use it because until they find out they use the general term. Imagine the offense they would cause to an Indian if they called them a pak!!

My son went on a field trip to the WW1 cemetary in Ypres in Belgium. When he was there he broke away from the main group and went off on his own to look for Indian graves. When he was doing so he was surprised that other children were doing the same. Some were pure Indian ie both parents were Indian, some were part Indian, some were Indian in the distant past, but all referred to themselves as Indian.

My wife is five generations removed from India, her forefathers were Indentured to Trinidad, they still refer to themselves as Indians.

You see there was a time when being Indian meant the goras would look down on us, I remember the comments when I was at Junior school. That time has gone.
Now they can't and it is something to be proud of.

With regards to the anti-caste legistlation. The sad truth is that it is needed. It does happen and it needs to be stopped. You can't carry on as if you live in a village in India.
If Indian people don't like being discriminated against because of their colour then they should stop doing it to each other.
Ramu
BRFite

Post by Ramu »

Forced labour girl awarded £100,000

http://www.bing.com/r/2/BB99ie9?a=1&m=en-gb
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The Independent ‏@Independent 2h2 hours ago

Exclusive: At least 19 UK firms under investigation for alleged conspiracy to launder $20bn http://ind.pn/1F1wdeG
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The Guardian ‏@guardian 5m5 minutes ago

Threat of extremist attack in UK is escalating, say police http://gu.com/p/42gcd/tw via @guardian
About 50 people a week referred to deradicalisation programmes, with 218 terror-related arrests so far this year
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Downing Street set to crack down on the Muslim Brotherhood

An unpublished report commisisoned by David Cameron into the Muslim Brotherhood will link it to up to 60 charities, groups and even television channels operating in the UK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... rhood.html
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Massive anti India rally coming up in London by Pakis for Cashmere
India voiced serious concern against the planned march with foreign minister Sushma Swaraj asking British foreign secretary Philip Hammond to stem the anti-India march.

Swaraj who met Hammond for their first bilateral meeting said UK can't allow anti-India sentiment to thrive in UK.

Swaraj also brought up the issue during her meeting later with deputy prime minister Nick Clegg.

UK however made it clear to India that Kashmir is a bilateral issue between India and Pakistan for the two countries to solve together.

A foreign office official said, "UK will not mediate over Kashmir. India did raise serious concern over the rally but Britain can't stop it from happening provided the protesters don't break the boundary of law. People in UK have the right of expression and right to protest".

Clegg said, "Kashmir can only be resolved by the two neighbours — India and Pakistan through dialogue. UK does not intend to be a mediator between the two countries".

Clegg added, "This is a long-running conflict, and we stand by to help; but ultimately it can be resolved only by the two countries in question".

The protest has seriously irked the Indian high commission in London that had earlier asked the British foreign office not to allow such anti-India rallies to take place on British soil.

India's foreign office also wants UK to take strong measures against "those instigating and organising anti-India rallies in London and other parts of UK."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 867586.cms
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

So, are you just heating one room then?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

IndraD wrote:Massive anti India rally coming up in London by Pakis for Cashmere
India voiced serious concern against the planned march with foreign minister Sushma Swaraj asking British foreign secretary Philip Hammond to stem the anti-India march.

Swaraj who met Hammond for their first bilateral meeting said UK can't allow anti-India sentiment to thrive in UK.

Swaraj also brought up the issue during her meeting later with deputy prime minister Nick Clegg.

UK however made it clear to India that Kashmir is a bilateral issue between India and Pakistan for the two countries to solve together.

A foreign office official said, "UK will not mediate over Kashmir. India did raise serious concern over the rally but Britain can't stop it from happening provided the protesters don't break the boundary of law. People in UK have the right of expression and right to protest".

Clegg said, "Kashmir can only be resolved by the two neighbours — India and Pakistan through dialogue. UK does not intend to be a mediator between the two countries".

Clegg added, "This is a long-running conflict, and we stand by to help; but ultimately it can be resolved only by the two countries in question".

The protest has seriously irked the Indian high commission in London that had earlier asked the British foreign office not to allow such anti-India rallies to take place on British soil.

India's foreign office also wants UK to take strong measures against "those instigating and organising anti-India rallies in London and other parts of UK."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 867586.cms
What UK likes to do is to play the role of "neutral above-board high-nosed" umpire, who wishes to sit back and let the brownies sweat it out on the field.

What I would like the Indian community in UK to do is to get together and to develop a common political platform. one of demanding Her Majesty to stop playing colonial games and puppeteering British Muslims to further Britain's pet projects of needling India, pitting Subcontinental Muslims against Hindus, to project both as squabbling siblings and thus to divert attention from Britain's brutal history of colonialism in India.

Every anti-Indian sentiment shown in UK should be called out as British petty games and a result of sustained British programs and attitudes to further it!

There should be no more hiding behind some Burqa of neutrality!
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

This is the time to publicize the mushrooming displays of ISIS flags in J&K, and the widespread sympathy for ISIS among British Muslims. Let the British people know the kind of snakes their elites are feeding. The march will be a march for ISIS, not really J&K. Then I'm sure a few EDL types will cause a riot in Londonistan itself. In which case I don't have a problem with the UK hosting such marches...

http://m.indiatoday.in/story/isis-flag- ... 96803.html
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Let the pakis march, they will no doubt be some of these ISIS flags in London.

The public need to see the true colour of these rats.
pakis are pakis and they will do what they do best, turn people against them.
You can't stop a dog from peeing on a post and you can't stop a paki from being a paki.

The puiblic are waking up to this sort of thing
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I agree. Does participation in the march make these scums eligible for permanent residency in India? Why is the Indian gov worried? Let them march in Londonisthan. Let us first tackle the flag flying and bomb making in India.

The over sensitivity of the Indians is exploited by the Goras for their own games.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

As if flying ISIS flags will change anything in Londonistan. Actually London Niwasi should be scared of coming shariah days.
Anyways they can march as much as they want..who gives a Eff
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Actually, a "Kashmir Marathon" should be sponsored instead of a march. And it should be sub-titled, "Running to Pakistan"...
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

In this case I think its more of a win win formula for the politicians and the mullahs of brishit stan. It is a "Cash-mere-haath-mein" scheme for the mullahs and a Vote-mere-haath-mein" scheme for politicians.

No different than the minority sikular political stuff that goes on in des. Politician will be conducting pooja in the morning and in the evening conspiring with the local mullah on how to get more votes and cash for themselves by fooling the united and killing the divided :)
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

All British ploys and propaganda need to be used against them. Every single time Britain tries something against India, used be considered an opportunity to dish them the same back with interest.

Indians react to British machinations in exactly the way they want! For example we should never protest to them as if some anti-Indians groups use British soil to tarnish India. No! This gives Britain the opportunity to stress that they are a democracy and freedom-loving society which has to allow these anti-India marches protests and other activities to uphold these values. Our argument should always be that these activities are not organized by some arbitrary groups but rather it is under the specific guidance of the British establishment themselves.

We should keep on accusing Britain of an Indophobia. All their efforts to show themselves as "tolerant" and "Hinduism-respecting", e.g. by issuing Diwali greetings to Hindus, etc. should always be answered by us with skepticism and cynicism, for such displays are only meant to earn "Get-out-of-Jail" free cards, which they can avail of when they organize anti-Indian activities through the use of their Pakistani proxies.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Maybe the recent spate of terror plots uncovered in Londonistan has the brutshits desperately trying to redirect the scums towards India by way of Kashmir.
The Independent ‏@Independent 1h1 hour ago

Teenage jihadist vows Isis will fight 'until black flag is on top of Buckingham Palace' http://ind.pn/1DwNECg
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The Guardian ‏@guardian 2h2 hours ago

Terror suspect Haroon Rashid Aswat extradited from UK to America http://gu.com/p/42jd3/tw @GuardianUS
The Independent ‏@Independent 25m25 minutes ago

Former British private school teacher ‘preyed on homeless Kenyan boys’ http://ind.pn/1DxcjXq
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I think what the UK will not understand is holding 1 rally on Kashmir, will organise the group and will bite them in butt with future riots. They will play with fire and get themselves burnt.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Aditya_V wrote:I think what the UK will not understand is holding 1 rally on Kashmir, will organise the group and will bite them in butt with future riots. They will play with fire and get themselves burnt.
I will bet ISIS flags will be shown in the Cashmere rally; the crowd will know how to organize against the Brit state. I know a well connected Brit in the US. He says Multiculturalism and left wing is running amok and will not criticize grooming or any level of Muslim bad behavior. This million terrorists march will be a recruiting ground for terrorists
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Kashmiri separatists like Geelani are calling Narendra Modi's visit to J&K on Diwali "cultural aggression" in a "Muslim-majority place". This is what "azadi" would mean for Kashmiri Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists - the original inhabitants of the area. Let it be known.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/modi-to-be ... 522917.ece
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eaten.html

Shame of Britain's Muslim schools: Secret filming shows pupils being beaten and 'taught Hindus drink cow p***'
Undercover footage shows pupils being taught religious apartheid
Muslims who adopt Western ways will be 'tortured in afterlife'
Unprovoked beatings captured on camera in Yorkshire madrassa
Boy threatened with bench by senior student left in charge of class
‘You’re not like the non-Muslims out there,’ the teacher says, gesturing towards the window. ‘All that evil you see in the streets, people not wearing the hijab properly, people smoking . . . you should hate it, you should hate walking down that street.’

He refers to the ‘non-Muslims’ as the ‘Kuffar’, an often derogatory term that means disbeliever or infidel.

This school is required by its inspectors to teach tolerance and respect for other faiths. But the Channel 4 current affairs programme Dispatches filmed secretly inside it – and instead discovered that Muslim children are being taught religious apartheid and social segregation.

We recorded a number of speakers giving deeply disturbing talks about Jews, Christians and atheists.

We found children as young as 11 learning that Hindus have ‘no intellect’ and that they ‘drink cow p***’.

And we came across pupils being told that the ‘disbelievers’ are ‘the worst creatures’ and that Muslims who adopt supposedly non-Muslim ways, such as shaving, dancing, listening to music and – in the case of women – removing their headscarves, would be tortured with a forked iron rod in the afterlife.

However, we have a Government that, on the one hand, gives grand speeches about tackling the causes of extremism, as David Cameron did last week, while, on the other, encouraging local communities to set up their own schools – including faith schools. It’s time to stop these mixed messages.

And Muslims can no longer sweep this under the carpet – they need to face up to what is happening behind closed doors. Many warn that if we don’t all tackle this toxic mix of hatred and violence head on, we will reap the whirlwind in years to come.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Many Indians actually look up to Churchill for "saving" us from the Germans. Big deal. We were ruled by one barbarian Germannic tribe, being ruled by another would have made no difference. Both Germannic tribes tried to appropriate our superior culture, language, philosophy and genes as their own.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Let the paks march and I do hope it is a really large demo.
People will ask the question "why can they get thousands out to demo for azad Kashmir, but not 50 to demonstrate against IS atrocities??"

It will be interesting when those black flags are shown.
Ramu
BRFite

Post by Ramu »

Agnimitra wrote:Kashmiri separatists like Geelani are calling Narendra Modi's visit to J&K on Diwali "cultural aggression" in a "Muslim-majority place". This is what "azadi" would mean for Kashmiri Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists - the original inhabitants of the area. Let it be known.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/modi-to-be ... 522917.ece
Thanks for sharing.

Calling Kashmir as a muslim or muslim-majority state is the root of all evils in Kashmir. It took too many years of religious and ethnic cleansing to get to this current state. We are taking every event ranging from stone pelting to isis flag waving to terrorism without an outrage because all these are considered normal in an islamic state.

Mainstream media should never give coverage to such communal terrorists. Then it makes countries like UK easier to close its eyes on such parade in londonistan.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

And it continues ...
The Guardian ‏@guardian 20m20 minutes ago

Counter-terrorism police arrest 25-year-old woman in Bedfordshire http://gu.com/p/42kv9/tw
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... egislation
David Cameron cracks down on use of charities to fund terrorist organisations
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

A quebeqois Jihadi ran down and killed two canadian soldiers yesterday before being shot by the police.

three or four somali origin girls from denver or detroit were intercepted enroute to turkey to join the sex slave manager Al khanasa brigade and sent back to parents.
member_28714
BRFite

Post by member_28714 »

Singha wrote:A quebeqois Jihadi ran down and killed two canadian soldiers yesterday before being shot by the police.

three or four somali origin girls from denver or detroit were intercepted enroute to turkey to join the sex slave manager Al khanasa brigade and sent back to parents.
pankajs wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... egislation
David Cameron cracks down on use of charities to fund terrorist organisations
pankajs wrote:And it continues ...
The Guardian ‏@guardian 20m20 minutes ago

Counter-terrorism police arrest 25-year-old woman in Bedfordshire http://gu.com/p/42kv9/tw

These posts must be in the Islamophobia thread. This has nothing to do with Indo - UK News
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... -fallon-eu

British towns being ‘swamped’ by immigrants, says Michael Fallon
Defence secretary’s use of word harks back to Thatcher, amid Ukip pressure and Tory calls for renegotiation of EU membership

With the Tories losing by-elections to UKIP which is gaining massively with Tory defections,the Tories are now scaremongering in a feeble desperate attempt to regain support.Immigration is the top item on the political agenda for the next eelction and from current trends,the Conservatives will lose.

There is bound to be an effect upon Indians planning to study and work in the UK and join families already UK citizens.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Million march by Pakis at Trafalgar square turned out to be tai tai phiss
Hardly 5000 people gathered and ....
there was fight in themselves
No sooner had Bilawal arrived, he was booed and thrown bottles at by Imran Khan's supporters
Bilawal was whisked away by London police
#Bhagbillobhag was created by IKhan's supporters prompt;y and trending now....
more once 1 million people gather
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The Independent ‏@Independent 7h7 hours ago

Britain has more long-term low-paid workers than ever http://ind.pn/1uY9HeL
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

There were more people in the diwali celebration
http://www.london24.com/news/pictures_l ... _1_3803484
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

IndraD wrote:Hardly 5000 people gathered and ...
That's more than they could ever get for an anti IS demo.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Understanding British Sikh politics:
http://www.publicspirit.org.uk/who-spea ... ish-sikhs/