West Asia News and Discussions (YEMEN, gulf)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: West Asia News and Discussions

Post by vishvak »

habal wrote:It's the same angel, different set of narratives. Says me.
Its probably more about misusing narrative as cover, then appropriating it to call natives as foreign - taqiya and later genocide. The Syrian Christians fell to the same trick and half of them are displaced now.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

the gnostic aspect of christianity is very revealing and covered up by the narrative of catholic church. In the same way, ISIL is attempting to cover up the gnostic aspect of Islam.

Now it is the gnostics that make the connections that are being talked about.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ravi_g wrote:Yazidis are Abrahmics are two disjoint set. Abrahmics came in only after Abraham or at the earliest upon creation of Adam which we all know happened 4000 years back and the God is an Abrahmic contortion of pristine Hinduism. Yazidis came in much much before than that, rather they were the original people of these lands, alongwith many more people who are today only 'subject of the study'. The Yazidis display the Abrahmic practices to the extent they do, for either of the 2 following reasons:

1) Prior Claim - they started it and Abrahmics digested it.

2) Expedience. The exact reason, that some Hindus show western bootlicking propensities.

Muppalla ji, that is an anonymous blog aka one who does not have the guts to stand up for his views but wants to control the narrative. Furthermore it is full of contradictions about Hinduism itself, if not about Yazidis. Yazidis cannot represent themselves currently, hence perhaps, the hit job.

You can tell us about Yazidis being Abrahmics only when they accumulate karmas like one.
It is not my blog and it was some one in my friend's facebook friends. He is a white American and a practicing Hindu (learning too) who claims to have lived in that region. Yezidis are not some remnants of old Hindu/jain etc. They are some what into the same one-god practitioners. Some eastern practices and nothing more.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Muppalla wrote:
ravi_g wrote:Muppalla ji, that is an anonymous blog aka one who does not have the guts to stand up for his views but wants to control the narrative. Furthermore it is full of contradictions about Hinduism itself, if not about Yazidis. Yazidis cannot represent themselves currently, hence perhaps, the hit job.

It is not my blog and it was some one in my friend's facebook friends. He is a white American and a practicing Hindu (learning too) who claims to have lived in that region. Yezidis are not some remnants of old Hindu/jain etc. They are some what into the same one-god practitioners. Some eastern practices and nothing more.
Muppalla ji, I am sorry if I gave you the impression that I am accusing you of writing that blog. From your very concise post, I had figured it out for myself that you were merely forwarding it as one more input to be assessed by BRF. I have read you enough to understand that you come from where I do.

It just felt important to take down that blogger because I have seen these tactics getting used on Jihadi sites, during the early years of GWOT. Obviously false flags by the net-tracking outfits of US govt. agencies. At that time these outfits were said to be 3-4 heads only focusing on Jihadi sites. But they used to post ferociously. Like they had all the answers in a databank and somebody would just copy paste it with just a few extra lines of some middle-eastern language thrown in to make it all look real. Since then I simply presume that there is a lot of false flag going on and I try to cross check things before advising someone a source. Currently I am working on the presumption that all this anti-ISIS bambari is merely drama. The Peshmergas are going to get used badly and this kind of hawa-banana is part of the strategy of new partitions of the Middle East which will end up giving a more power to the Wahabis and Salafis.

Peace.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The Associated Press ‏@AP 16m16 minutes ago

Fighters from Islamic State group shell northern Syrian town of Kobani: http://apne.ws/1wrHxMg
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ravi_g wrote: Currently I am working on the presumption that all this anti-ISIS bambari is merely drama. The Peshmergas are going to get used badly and this kind of hawa-banana is part of the strategy of new partitions of the Middle East which will end up giving a more power to the Wahabis and Salafis.
What I think with a very very long shot is there is a need to analyze pre second world war and state of Jews and how suddenly a Jewish state came up where their original origin was. Since then it is the center of attraction in all types of mullah lands.

Are there plans to create a new Yezdi corridor like Israel inside Kurdistan and create real Kurdish state and a Sunni Caliphate gets created via ISIS. Turkey is also getting into instability.

I just cannot believe ISIS is overnight created and no one accepts they are funding it. However, how is world they have tanks, airforce etc. This is ridiculously orchestrated destabilization with a genocide. Tell me one country that says morally supporting ISIS.

A lot more analysis is required and we are still just seeing this as Taliban/AlQuida 2.0.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Regarding Isreal, my take is this, UK and US are behind the family of Al-Saud and GCC, and use their ISIS type of behavior to achieve their goals, they are happy for them to hold on to 2 of Islam most holy sites.

However, the Western Europe and America is too emotionally connected to Jerusalem and Bethlahem and other sites important to Christianity to simply walk away and give it to the ISIS types, hence they need to secure these locations without being overtly hostile to the Islamics. That is where the Israel fits in and protects thier interest.

The other alternative would be to have the crusades all over again.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Muppalla wrote: What I think with a very very long shot is there is a need to analyze pre second world war and state of Jews and how suddenly a Jewish state came up where their original origin was. Since then it is the center of attraction in all types of mullah lands.

Are there plans to create a new Yezdi corridor like Israel inside Kurdistan and create real Kurdish state and a Sunni Caliphate gets created via ISIS. Turkey is also getting into instability.
But would you not require a real weakening of both the Saudis and the Turks before Kurds can have their own country. The Saudis are very strong right now esp. after multi-year upswing in oil prices. But I don't understand it how are the Turks weak in the context of Kurdish demands. Even the Rehnuma-e-Nato that ostensibly wants to counter ISIS vis a vis the Kurds+Shias cannot get them to agree to simple things, presumably despite a lot of effort.
Muppalla wrote:I just cannot believe ISIS is overnight created and no one accepts they are funding it. However, how is world they have tanks, airforce etc. This is ridiculously orchestrated destabilization with a genocide. Tell me one country that says morally supporting ISIS.

A lot more analysis is required and we are still just seeing this as Taliban/AlQuida 2.0.
The Biden admissions+the admissions of that Czech lady about oil purchases by EU+the admissions by US intel community that they have been tracking ISIS since ~2006+the apparent difficulty in defeating the ISIS at Kobani despite Amerikhan help that was far far far more effective a generation earlier in Afg in much much much more difficult country.

The so called trap at Kobani, is not for ISIS. They are the hunters. The trap was for somebody else who has avoided it - a bait and a trap. Instead the people who could never have had their own intelligence and/or were easily foolable &/or were much more genuinely invested in Kobani to abdicate it (ie. kurds and yazidis) got trapped. We could be missing the real players just the way the real manipulators in Ukraine got away scot free.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NDTV ‏@ndtv 5h5 hours ago

German spies warn Islamic State has anti-aircraft rockets: report http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/germa ... ort-612131
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Aditya_V wrote:Regarding Isreal, my take is this, UK and US are behind the family of Al-Saud and GCC, and use their ISIS type of behavior to achieve their goals, they are happy for them to hold on to 2 of Islam most holy sites.

However, the Western Europe and America is too emotionally connected to Jerusalem and Bethlahem and other sites important to Christianity to simply walk away and give it to the ISIS types, hence they need to secure these locations without being overtly hostile to the Islamics. That is where the Israel fits in and protects thier interest.

The other alternative would be to have the crusades all over again.
Very true. For the western whites the holy land is very important and they do not want the holy land to fall into islamics and get destroyed. So westerners will never abandon israel. Even russians will do whatever they can to preserve the jewish state secretly.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

akashganga,

Russians help Israel? :rotfl:

Man, you have no idea of how much disgust Russians have for Jews/Israelis.

The dynamic between Jews/Westerners (whites having holocaust guilt, etc) is not the same as Russian/Jewish dynamic, in which the Russians see the Jews as the oppressors. The roles are reversed.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

US-Saudi dynamic right now is being driven by petty interests on both sides.

US is focused on humiliating Russia for upending the so-called revolution in Ukraine. KSA is focused on removing Assad.

Since the time US realized they have no leverage in Ukraine over Russia, they have made a deal with Saudi - KSA will lower oil prices to the point where it destabilizes Russia. In return, US will do everything it can to weaken Assad and help Sunni forces. Since US cannot afford to look like the aggressor, hence enter ISIS (formed and guided by Turkey). US is bombing ISIS oil centers so that their oil does not leak into the global market (read: Europe). This demand is aimed to be fulfilled by KSA.

The last time US-KSA tried this was after Russians invaded Georgia and made billy-boy look like a silly-boy. You know what happened after that. There was so much money that it flowed into the tech sector and created at first the bubble (1999) and then the crash. We can expect the same thing to happen this time also. I think that there will be a global market boom for the next 2-3 years and then a crash - in time for the next general elections in India. What this means is that the Indrashakti has been delayed.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

abhischekcc wrote:akashganga,

Russians help Israel? :rotfl:

Man, you have no idea of how much disgust Russians have for Jews/Israelis.
That's not completely true. While there is a strong anti-semitic aspect ingrained in many Russians, particularly among the Right, some of the greatest pro-Jewish people I have seen are also Russians. Just dig a bit deeper with the older generation which grew up in the Communist era, and are atheists, you will find there is even a sense of pride that Lenin was the first to recognise the rights of the Jews at a time when Jews were being persecuted all over Europe. See Lenin's speech `О погромной травле евреев' (On anti Jewish pogroms), where he denounced the anti-semitic violence in Russia, and encouraged them to be integrated into the Soviet Union.
The dynamic between Jews/Westerners (whites having holocaust guilt, etc) is not the same as Russian/Jewish dynamic, in which the Russians see the Jews as the oppressors. The roles are reversed.
The Russian-Jewish dynamic is very complex. Many Jews were in positions of authority in the Soviet Union, so they and the Soviets got on fairly well. The secular group on both sides (Secular Russians - Russians can be nationalists, but still be atheists/agnostics, while there are plenty of secular Jews) gets along well - at least as well as Hindus can get along with secular Christians. The religious part on both sides hates each other's guts.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

in middle ages I think in dutchy's of poland and russia the jews were left alone so long as they paid their taxes and were good citizens.

in rest of europe everytime someone's toilet didnt pass properly, it was time for a good old pogrom and lynching a few jews.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

http://www.firstpost.com/world/insight- ... 75327.html

Assad's warnings start to ring true in Turkey
BEIRUT (Reuters) - When Sunni rebels rose up against Syria's Bashar al-Assad in 2011, Turkey reclassified its protégé as a pariah, expecting him to lose power within months and join the autocrats of Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Yemen on the scrap heap of the "Arab Spring".

Assad, in contrast, shielded diplomatically by Russia and with military and financial support from Iran and its Shi’ite allies in Lebanon's Hezbollah, warned that the fires of Syria’s sectarian war would burn its neighbours.

For Turkey, despite the confidence of Tayyip Erdogan, elected this summer to the presidency after 11 years as prime minister and three straight general election victories, Assad’s warning is starting to ring uncomfortably true.

Turkey’s foreign policy is in ruins. Its once shining image as a Muslim democracy and regional power in the NATO alliance and at the doors of the European Union is badly tarnished.

Amid a backlash against political Islam across the region Erdogan is still irritating his Arab neighbours by offering himself as a Sunni Islamist champion.

The world, meanwhile, is transfixed by the desperate siege of Kobani, the Syrian Kurdish town just over Turkey’s border, under attack by extremist Sunni fighters of the Islamic State (IS) who are threatening to massacre its defenders.

Erdogan has enraged Turkey’s own Kurdish minority – about a fifth of the population and half of all Kurds across the region – by seeming to prefer that IS jihadis extend their territorial gains in Syria and Iraq rather than that Kurdish insurgents consolidate local power.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Singha wrote:in middle ages I think in dutchy's of poland and russia the jews were left alone so long as they paid their taxes and were good citizens.

in rest of europe everytime someone's toilet didnt pass properly, it was time for a good old pogrom and lynching a few jews.
Both christians and muslims persecuted jews. Jews survived two most fanatical religions on earth christianity and judaism. We must appreciate that. There are couple of other non-christian and non-muslim groups which also survided yazidis and druze.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Singha wrote:in middle ages I think in dutchy's of poland and russia the jews were left alone so long as they paid their taxes and were good citizens.

the poles and russians also had very savage anti-semetism, right up to modern times. many poles and ukrainians in ww2 were ambivalent about having their fellow citizens being carted off to the gas chambers, or participated eagerly in their demise. scandics were probably most tolerant. the spanish inquisition targeted jews as much as they did moslems. french had the famous dreyfus affair at the turn of the previous century and the british - although didn't have any official pogroms since the middle ages, still had a lot of anti-semetism till fairly recently. jews from eastern europe made up the immigrant populations of east london (a role now played by bangladeshis... who are giving way to the somalis). all in all, the jews were happy to run to america and israel was their big hope of being left alone

only india had ever treated jews nicely
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

poster girl for Kurd freedom fight captured and beheaded by IS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -ISIS.html

Gruesome pics posted online by IS

In another news IS uses SAM against NATO jet via twitter
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Lalmohan wrote:

the poles and russians also had very savage anti-semetism, right up to modern times. many poles and ukrainians in ww2 were ambivalent about having their fellow citizens being carted off to the gas chambers, or participated eagerly in their demise. scandics were probably most tolerant. the spanish inquisition targeted jews as much as they did moslems. french had the famous dreyfus affair at the turn of the previous century and the british - although didn't have any official pogroms since the middle ages, still had a lot of anti-semetism till fairly recently. jews from eastern europe made up the immigrant populations of east london (a role now played by bangladeshis... who are giving way to the somalis). all in all, the jews were happy to run to america and israel was their big hope of being left alone

The root cause of anti-semetism in europe comes directly from christian religion. Jews did not accept christ even though christ was born in a jewish family. The anti-semitism is as much christian inspired as jehadism is islam inspired. But western scholars have so much influence all over the world that thanks to their work over centuries anti-semetism is blamed on everyone nazis, white supremecists, commines, etc. with the exception of organized christian religion.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

^^OPEC is going to cut production sooner or later. I suspect US has managed to convince them to hold off doing that so they can squeeze the Russians a while longer.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

nachiket wrote:^^OPEC is going to cut production sooner or later. I suspect US has managed to convince them to hold off doing that so they can squeeze the Russians a while longer.
OPEC no longer holds the keys. Dont pump == lose customers permanently. It is a lose lose preposition. Oil is going to 70.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The 'slaughter' of Assad's top army officers: Syrian provincial capital nearly falls to Isis

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 22023.html

In a major setback to President Assad, the second city – Idlib – narrowly escapes falling to jihadists as rebels storm provincial governor’s office and set about executing senior regime officers. Robert Fisk reports from Damascus
In a major setback to President Assad, the second city – Idlib – narrowly escapes falling to jihadists as rebels storm provincial governor’s office and set about executing senior regime officers. Robert Fisk reports from Damascus

Robert Fisk
Monday 27 October 2014

The eastern city of Raqqa has been in the hands of Isis for months, but Idlib lies strategically placed between Aleppo and the coastal city of Latakia – both of which are still held by President Bashar al-Assad’s regime. Idlib’s fall would have been a devastating blow to the government.

At one point, the Assad administration was told the city had fallen after police and security officers in the headquarters of governor Kheir Eddib Asayed defected to the rebels. Many did, in fact, surrender the building. But by chance soldiers on the city’s perimeter did not receive this news and continued to fight hundreds of jihadis trying to break into Idlib. They were still holding off the attackers when the governor’s office was recaptured.

Idlib lies scarcely 30 miles from Syria’s largest city, Aleppo, and is home to more than 200,000 people. Its museum is well known to long-ago tourists wishing to see the treasures of the so-called Roman “dead cities” of northern Syria, and it has been in a virtual stage of siege for well over a year. But the shock at its near-collapse was palpable in the capital, Damascus, where the new governor – who was not in his office at the time – managed to call army headquarters just in time to prevent the announcement of Idlib’s fall.

Although the attackers were identified as Jabhat al-Nusra rebels – the Syrian army regards all of its opponents as “terrorists” and part of Isis – the assault was obviously intended to crown another shattering victory for the so-called Islamic caliphate which now stretches from eastern Aleppo to the outskirts of Baghdad in Iraq. The ferocity of the attack – some soldiers managed to call Damascus to alert the government to their imminent execution – shows just how hard-pressed the Syrian regime is in its battle against the same enemy that the US President, Barack Obama, has promised to “degrade and destroy”. Degraded was the one thing the armed men who stormed Idlib appeared not to be.

READ MORE: • James Foley's final days
• US resupplies Kobani fighters by plane
• Comment: The issue is within Islamism as a whole

When they arrived in the city centre, much as their comrades flooded into the Iraqi city of Mosul when the caliphate was first declared, the gunmen made sure to capture as many senior regime officers as possible. Their murder – by ritual beheading with a knife rather than shooting – was entirely in keeping with Isis policy. Before they lost the centre of the city, Jabhat al-Nusra was boasting that its “victory” was “a second Raqqa” and that “soon, you will hear the screams of unbelievers”. At Mushamah Hill outside the city, the jihadists captured two army tanks and 12 soldiers – their fate still unknown – while police in the city, apparently in league with would-be suicide bombers, opened the governor’s office to the attackers.

It seems they were able to identify the senior regime soldiers for decapitation. They could not be saved. Government officials in Damascus would speak only of “many dead” when the first news of the assault reached the capital. The country’s army has already lost at least 33,000 men – the real figure may well be above 46,000 – and the fall of Idlib would have marked a gruesome new stage in the Syrian war. Last night, the government’s flag again flew over the governor’s office. But for how long?
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

The position of Jews in western Europe was mainly determined by the Catholic Church. Remember that the Vatican has been trying to usurp Jewish claim of special relationship with God since centuries. Hence, the hatred for Jews in Western Europe has religio-political origins.

Eastern Europe (except Poland) is largely Orthodox Xtian, hence do not have the same hang-ups as westerners. However, they do have their own hang-ups. The Jews in Eastern Europe were largely of Khazar origin (Turko-Mongol). When Russia absorbed Khazaria region, the Jews became part of Russian empire, and started their north-west journey into Europe, via Poland. It is this group of Jews that was highly persecuted.

-----------------------
Lalmullah is right. Russians have a very strong history of anti-semitism, the word 'pogrom' is due to them.

---------------
Jews were nicely in India, and also in parts of south east Asia as well as China. They have been treated well wherever there is no monotheistic religion.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

hope her death is not in vain and her comrades take eye for eye ten times.

with no fresh loot or major victories in some time, it is reported the foreign expats who flocked to their banner are disillusioned and want to 'go home' . a pack of 6 british psychopaths who came have apparently lost 4 killed and the other 2 are under death threats not to leave.

I hope the iraqi shia forces and kurds show absolutely no mercy to captured IS fighters because none would be shown in return also.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

IndraD wrote:[img==>]http://www.tpnn.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 09.AM_.jpg[<==/img]

poster girl for Kurd freedom fight captured and beheaded by IS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -ISIS.html

Gruesome pics posted online by IS

In another news IS uses SAM against NATO jet via twitter
This happens when population is disarmed. There are reports of people thrown in digs alive. Or killed just because the people won't 'convert'. Menfolks of kufr have no option to begin with.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Davutoglu on BBC with Lyce Doucet, lying through his teeth. No ISIS militants travelling through Turkey apparently!
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

abhischekcc wrote: Eastern Europe (except Poland) is largely Orthodox Xtian, hence do not have the same hang-ups as westerners. However, they do have their own hang-ups. The Jews in Eastern Europe were largely of Khazar origin (Turko-Mongol). When Russia absorbed Khazaria region, the Jews became part of Russian empire, and started their north-west journey into Europe, via Poland. It is this group of Jews that was highly persecuted.
Ehh-where did you get that Russian Jews were Khazar in origin? AFAIK, most Jews of Russia are basically those who got expelled from western Europe (from France, Italy, British Isles, Spain, even Rhineland and adjoining low countries). When the plague wiped out most of the population of Poland, the Polish ruler, Casimir the Great, invited the Jews to settle in his depopulated lands (he needed tax money, after all). The Jews moved in waves in the 14th to 16th centuries into (the then) Poland. When Russia expanded into former Polish territories, it inherited those Jews. These Jews were brutally treated by the Tsars (who used them as punching bags for their population, particularly when one of the Tsarist schemes went haywire). This led to huge number of Jews joining the Communists (they were persecuted, so they found Communism attractive), which invited greater hatred from the Orthodox Russians. However, in 20th century, with advent of Communists, the Orthodox church was greatly weakened, so many of the agnostics/atheists of today share a better relationship with the Jews. It is among these atheists/agnostics that you will find tolerance for Jews in Russia.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the mix of love hate relationship of common poles, ukrainians and russians with the jews, and the expectation they would fall in with the red army partisans is depicted in the film about the 3 Bielski brothers and the band of jews that lasted through the war hiding in the forests.

I would support nageshks in saying most of these were caucasian jews (ashkenazi)...some of them in soviet times rose to high positions in the scientific and mil-ind complexes. later after 1990 I believe israeli defence industry was able to attract some of the top emigrating talents.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ISIS is changing its strategy in Kobane and northern Syria. appoints a new commander from chechnya to direct the battle.

http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/syria/261020141

here he is giving a pep talk to his gang of psychos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V7dVuJELHM
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

video of syrian army tank battle in urban env
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bsDP5DznDQ

a syrian army T72 tank is destroyed by a RPG rocket..usual cries of AoA by the jackals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-pM0J6coo0
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

I dread to think what these savages do to female fighters taken captive
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Lalmohan wrote:I dread to think what these savages do to female fighters taken captive
Same what was done in Bangladesh and leaders who were then rewarded with UK/US citizenship for thier brave deeds. Can't belive the number Paki and JUI leaders living and dying comfortably after performing genocide in these 2 countries. These people did not have any other skills, they seem to be rewarded for such behavior.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ISIS is merely the visible red rash produced by the internal disease raging all around the world.

applying some cream on the rash might make it go away...only to erupt in another form and another place.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Singha wrote:ISIS is merely the visible red {green} rash produced by the internal disease raging all around the world.

applying some cream on the rash might make it go away...only to erupt in another form and another place.
Just trying my hand at coloring!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

It appears that the 'Kurd heroine' is not dead and she may not be the legendary 'tigress' sniper either
Glad she's alive but hope she dispatches a few scumbags to their 72
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Lalmohan wrote: the poles and russians also had very savage anti-semetism, right up to modern times. many poles and ukrainians in ww2 were ambivalent about having their fellow citizens being carted off to the gas chambers, or participated eagerly in their demise. scandics were probably most tolerant. the spanish inquisition targeted jews as much as they did moslems. french had the famous dreyfus affair at the turn of the previous century and the british - although didn't have any official pogroms since the middle ages, still had a lot of anti-semetism till fairly recently. jews from eastern europe made up the immigrant populations of east london (a role now played by bangladeshis... who are giving way to the somalis). all in all, the jews were happy to run to america and israel was their big hope of being left alone

OT but India actually treated all the peaceful immigrants nicely, other example would be the Zoroastrians, except for ISIS bunch who started attacking us since 7th century. Their barbaric methods has not changed much in the last 1300 years. One shudders to think what our ancestors had to go through.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^^if anybody has a right to say "never again" it is us
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

The rise of ISIS

An American view point from PBS.

But Tom Friedman has another half baked article today comparing ISIS to Vietnam! What do we do with these Americans :((
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

ShauryaT wrote:The rise of ISIS

An American view point from PBS.

But Tom Friedman has another half baked article today comparing ISIS to Vietnam! What do we do with these Americans :((
Sahi toh bol raha hai. North Vietnam was more pure than South Vietnam. ISIS - sunnis are more pure than the Sunnis who have made peace with the Shias and are dominating them.