BR Main Site Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: BR Main Site Feedback

Post by Karan M »

Jagan wrote:Can we move this back to Mil Forum please.. Atleast once in a while we would read it there and take action.. if its in GDF its going to be like never :)
What are you guys doing about the technical pages on the main forum? They mostly seem to be out of date..
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Karan M wrote:
Jagan wrote:Can we move this back to Mil Forum please.. Atleast once in a while we would read it there and take action.. if its in GDF its going to be like never :)
What are you guys doing about the technical pages on the main forum? They mostly seem to be out of date..
Well, we need hands to update a lot of stuff - I can vouch for that for IA section at least.

Would be you be willing to help out? I can do the heavy lifting and we can work out a work schedule.

Also, did you check your PM and stuff linked in there?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Does the forum side of BR go off-line ever so often?

The right side on the main page (forum section) goes totally blank at least once a day.
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

NRao wrote:Does the forum side of BR go off-line ever so often?

The right side on the main page (forum section) goes totally blank at least once a day.
Every day (around 3:30 PM EST if i remember correctly), the forum server goes down for backing up. I've rarely seen it go down otherwise.
deepan gill
BRFite -Trainee

Post by deepan gill »

Admin[s] Need Help

Back in 1999 during Khandhar hijacking, how can i retrieve all my posts? I need to do a xross reference with jaswant singh's book detailing this episode. Please feel free to contact me directly on this forum or my personal email. Thank you in advance.
mahan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mahan »

hi

can anybody tell me how you change password for the login at forum
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Mahan,

When you are logged in, on the top right you will see "User Control Panel". Click on it, and on the next page look for Options tab on the left side of the page. Click the "Profile" link and then the "Edit account settings" link.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

"Poor Israeli parts delay Arjun Mk-II" link caused my symantec endpoint protection report it as malicious.!!!
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Can someone tell me how to embed photos and youtube videos in posts?
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

For images, style is [img]<middle>[/img] with full web address of image to be displayed(ip address with image file name included in path) in the middle part.
For YouTube videos, style is [youtube;]<middle>[/youtube] with YouTube unique id alone, not full address with unique id.(no ';' pl)
On clicking full editor button, more style options can be seen just on top of edit window.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Is image resizing available to all, or only mods can do that? I tried to resize the following images in the photos thread, but couldn't Any suggestions?
udy wrote:Recruitment ad of indian navy in TOI (hopefully someone can inline a shrunk image in the Navy thread)

1. Bhramos Firing?

2. INS Chakra
I tried it as this, which doesn't work.

[img=640x480]url=http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Reposito ... 130301.png[/img]
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

A request to the admins: I posted a link in the humor thread that's no longer working. Please delete that post and this one too. If it's not too much trouble.
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

For some reason, the BR forum has been difficult or impossible to access since last Friday (May 9, 2014). I think it's a bandwith problem. Just now, it took me 20 minutes before I could post , the page just wouldn't load.
Misraji
BRFite

Post by Misraji »

Just as note on the little controversy that has been raging in Artillery Thread, please to note my vote for RohitVats Sir.
His posts are pure gold. Backed up with facts and insights with little-to-no hyperbole.
Not to mention the fact that I have hardly ever seen him use a broad brush to describe a group/issue.
For folks complaining about his "arrogance", one will be entitled to the same behavior if the quality of one's posts can measure up to RohitVats'.

--Ashish.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

+100

I think the moderators are too soft sometimes, perhaps in the interest of 'free speech'. Its high time we start focussing on quality instead of rants. The forum loses credibility otherwise.
Misraji
BRFite

Post by Misraji »

Mods, with respect, will something be done about vlc?
The Indian-Military-Aviation topic is in tatters because of his name-calling and goading others in to the same.
There is not a shred worth of useful information in their posts.

Isn't it time that the forum enforced some rules on the quality of posts and posters?
This democratic free-speech-for-all is way too costly.

--Ashish.
vaibhav.n
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vaibhav.n »

How long do we have to put up with this utter nonsense going across multiple threads by Single Shot Abdul.
member_22906
BRFite

Post by member_22906 »

Misraji wrote:Just as note on the little controversy that has been raging in Artillery Thread, please to note my vote for RohitVats Sir.
His posts are pure gold. Backed up with facts and insights with little-to-no hyperbole.
Not to mention the fact that I have hardly ever seen him use a broad brush to describe a group/issue.
For folks complaining about his "arrogance", one will be entitled to the same behavior if the quality of one's posts can measure up to RohitVats'.

--Ashish.
RV's posts add to the high quality that BR has been known for. Same is the case for Karan M. I have seen them agree and disagree in a respectful and professional manner... Unfortunately, there are a few posters that have continued to resort to childish and disrespectful shoot & scoot posts
I came back to BR after a long time and was very disappointed to see the level of debate this forum has been subjected to.
Mods, freedom of speech shouldn't be taken for granted. Pls step in...!!
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

I cannot post in Newbie thread? Is it locked?
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Main website is down.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

I have a suggestion, looking at the incessant fights go on on every other threads of BRF, (the recent one is on Indian Naval thread).

May be BRF should introduce an new "Fight club" thread for verbal duals. :rotfl:

So the belligerent guys will have there way, others will have fun watching it and the other threads would remain clean. All one has to do is to say "Let's take it to the Fight-club :twisted: ". :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
KiranM
BRFite

Post by KiranM »

Hi Mods and Webmasters, can important Military Forum Threads have features to like/ dislike posts? Some of the fan boys regurgitating same old hash repeatedly in long posts is drowning other valuable posts. At least let forum members show their displeasure to such posters who otherwise assume when they shout most on thread they will be heard and can drown out others.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

nileshjr wrote:I have a suggestion, looking at the incessant fights go on on every other threads of BRF, (the recent one is on Indian Naval thread).

May be BRF should introduce an new "Fight club" thread for verbal duals. :rotfl:

So the belligerent guys will have there way, others will have fun watching it and the other threads would remain clean. All one has to do is to say "Let's take it to the Fight-club :twisted: ". :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Interesting idea. Worth a try. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I have registered in my news employers email id with a fresh name. I wish to continue in the new name but as an oldie. How to go about it. I have also posted this on newbie thread also. Please respond.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Sir, wrong thread. Pls post your fariyaad on BRF forum feedback here http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... &start=160
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Something wrong with the forum. There are a lot of double posts :-?
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

SagarAg wrote:Something wrong with the forum. There are a lot of double posts :-?
yes first post is not getting confirmation even though it is getting posted so people are posting twice
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

The page inked below is now out of date.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/CLIPS/

A least some of those clips were made and uploaded by me in the days of Internet modems and before YouTube came into existence.

I have much better definition videos of most of those clips - in fact entire sequences. In fact is bandwidth is not an issue I would be happy to donate to BR my entire series of BR Aero India CDs an DVDs that I made over many years. I think the footage can now be classified as"history". Many sequences have appeared on one of my YouTube channels.

I also have this great old footage of training in the Maratha Light Infantry regiment which we made for the regiment in the late 1990s. That video is unavailable to the public except for short clips on my YouTube channel. I wounder if we would make that downloadable (if not viewable) on BR.

And where is Rakesh Koshy's TV interview?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

shiv wrote:The page inked below is now out of date.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/CLIPS/

A least some of those clips were made and uploaded by me in the days of Internet modems and before YouTube came into existence. ?
Ah nostalgia.. that ws before youtube days.. ? We are better off linking from youtube nowadays. I would suggest linking the videos in youtube in your channel directly to relevant pages on BR.
Uttam
BRFite

Post by Uttam »

I am getting a malware warning whenever I come to BR forums website. It says a "outbound" prevented to "www.worldmilitary.org".
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

X-post:

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 6#p1754406
As some people seem to have noticed, threads in the "Strategic Issues Forum" are not displayed on BR's front page. I think certain members have intentionally flooded BR's front page with posts favoring a certain country, as they know that many casual readers of BR don't explore past the front page. This issue needs to be addressed and corrected, in my opinion.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

GDF is not there on the front page.

SIF is very much there.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

ravi_g wrote:GDF is not there on the front page.

SIF is very much there.
You misunderstand what I'm referring to. I'm speaking of the front page of BR (www.bharat-rakshak.com), not the front page of BRF (http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com).
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Why was site down today ? Some DB server space issues ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

negi wrote:Why was site down today ? Some DB server space issues ?
Site was down for 8-10 hours today??
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

We should have a BR Person of the Year award!
pragnya
BRFite

Post by pragnya »

MODs,

the 'copy post' link is not working in a couple of threads particularly the LCA thread. pl correct it. thanks.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Mods, should we have a Republic Day 2015 thread? We can post articles on the parade preparations, security assessments and possible agreements with US.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

by all means. we do every year IIRC.
Melwyn

Post by Melwyn »

Do we have a thread for Census 2011? Some very interesting data is coming out of it and needs good discussion.

Look at the toilet papers usual bs on census data.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 972687.cms