Telugu States' News and Discussion

Rony
BRF Oldie

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by Rony »

జేపీ కి కోపం వచ్చింది

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPbfsA9J ... BKmUV9fePQ

Tirumala-Tirupati JEO makes employees pledge to follow traditions and fight christian conversions in Tirupati

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsr3IEi4 ... BKmUV9fePQ
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Who is Jayaprakash Narayan?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Sudhir Mondithoka is arrested already.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Telangana releases youth with IS links, IB unhappy

IB wants action against these youth, but the police is under pressure to be lenient.

http://www.sunday-guardian.com/news/off ... swiss-club
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Ahh - some interesting whitewashing of the poor, little Razakars. Courtesy BBC. It is an year old article, but some of the cards are being revealed here, I think. The line is clear - poor, misunderstood, patriotic Razakars fighting for the great Nizam, against the EEEVIL, Yindoo terrorist soldiers, people.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24159594
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Been to Godawari delta past couple of weeks.

Don't debate on EJ conversions because people are denial. What no one can deny is the fact that there is a Jesus/Mary statue every KM on road side. It could as well be psyops. But who cares, secularism cannot remove these.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RamaY wrote:Been to Godawari delta past couple of weeks.

Don't debate on EJ conversions because people are denial. What no one can deny is the fact that there is a Jesus/Mary statue every KM on road side. It could as well be psyops. But who cares, secularism cannot remove these.
I had a very good discussion and a detailed ground report from grounds of many villages in coastal districts. Will write once I get some time.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Does that anything to do with off coast discoveries of Oil/NG? We have seen here how corrupt gang of YSJ is.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

vishvak wrote:Does that anything to do with off coast discoveries of Oil/NG? We have seen here how corrupt gang of YSJ is.
Vishvak-ji,
I honestly don't think so. These regions have always had a very strong EJ apparatus from the British times. Take a look at how many Christians were there in Guntur-Krishna region even in 1931.

http://karsevakindia.blogspot.ca/2010/1 ... study.html
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

I have a feeling that at times money is poured into a region to get control and then get back costs; for that the region must have some mines/oil-fields nearby to control. Whether done directly or indirectly, repatriation (in form of development work etc) has become part of modern activism.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

During YSR days SG wanted more Christians in AP. That was the impetus.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Muppalla wrote:Sudhir Mondithoka is arrested already.
He will be arrested and freed on bail.

he will go on doing it. No judge will convict him even if he violated all the laws. That's the nature of our enforcement. Some corrupt, some chalta hain attitude and incompetent . We have this nature.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Is that real name?

Means unrepentant tail?
vishnua
BRFite

Post by vishnua »

From 2004, the EJ activism more dominant. It was dormant till then.

The British did lot of conversion before independence especially Reddy's and Kamma's. But since Caste played major role these guys still stuck to it. (YSR generation)

But after 2004, it became very very active.

Acharya was alluding to this phenomenon few years ago . It is not only in coastal areas but across the board.

Medak is major one in Telengana.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

ramana wrote:

Is that real name?

Means unrepentant tail?
Looks like it is his real name. Funny name. Obstinate/stubborn tail.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Another attempt to proselytise on Tirumala hills. These guys will never give up, I think. Time for a Gujarat style anti-conversion law in AP, I think.

http://www.andhrajyothy.com/Artical.asp ... 2&SupID=31
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Any effect of the fundamentalists oops conservatives getting majority in USA Senate? There was a report somewhere that pointed out how in 2002 the fundamentalists, oops conservatives, gained total control of both houses of US parliament (GWBush era) and started targeting NaMo.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

KCR distances self from Telangana fighters

One can spot a difference between a paranoid corrupt crook vs a genuine agitator. If BJP needs to come to power in 2019 elections, they need to appoint some fresh talent to TS BJP. The present leadership is more status quoist (like Sushma who is more happy with small crumbs of ruling party). I bet after 2024, KCR/TRS will not be even a marginal player in TS.
Sources said that KCR has ignored the number only because of his newfound dislike towards the T-JAC. Ever since he came to power on 2 June 2014, he developed a sort of animosity towards the T-JAC leadership especially its founder convener, Professor Kodandaram. KCR suspects that they had secretly worked for the win of the Congress, and not for him, in the elections.

Neither KCR nor Professor Kodandaram spoke about this issue openly. KCR has not even given Professor Kodandaram an appointment to meet him since 2 June. Some mediators tried to arrange a meeting between them for photo ops, but failed. When asked, Professor Kodandaram said, "So far, I have not had any necessity to meet KCR, but if I have any, I would certainly meet him as he is the Chief Minister".
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Blue Print of Proposed 500 Cr ISKCON Temple in Guntur Dt
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks, A publisher wants to translate notable literary works from Telugu to English in the following categories:

1) Nationalistic History: Regional, dynasty or district
2) Biographies of noted Telugu leaders
3) Historical fiction.

I recall yagnasri suggesting works by Bapiraju
Any on Satavahanas?

Freedom Struggle bios of lesser known figures
Say 5-10 suggestions in each category so they can pick and choose.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Alarm in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu as Andhra’s Naidu 2.0 goes on business hunt

Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah has complained to PM Narendra Modi about the unfair tax breaks Andhra gets because of its 'new state' status. And no surprise, J Jayalalithaa shot off a similar missive to the PM.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 244675.cms
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Oily Moily and Chiddu were gungho to divide AP so industrial investment drops. JJ was silent supporter. Now they all worry.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

ramana wrote:Oily Moily and Chiddu were gungho to divide AP so industrial investment drops. JJ was silent supporter. Now they all worry.
Pliss to read my post on this in the e-Khanomy thread.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ramana wrote:Oily Moily and Chiddu were gungho to divide AP so industrial investment drops. JJ was silent supporter. Now they all worry.
Probably I wrote a thousand times that the opposition to split is not economic reason by the Telugu population. If it is purely economic reasons, then it is always predicted that non-TG portions of AP will position to be one of the biggest driver of Indian economy. It has geography, wealth and entrepreneurship in its veins.

While all the districts are gearing up for new infrastructure and industries, the Vijayawada-Guntur region is getting ready to become a bigger capital than Hyderabad. It will be a bigger greenfield city getting ready. Add polavaram project to make the state a killer state.

Now Modi government is in catch-22 with BJP's own folks writing a special status promise as part of bifurcation bill.

Apart from all the stuff we are reading, Modi government in the coal allotments is trying to set a new trend of giving more revenues to place where coal is extracted from. Similar stuff related to KG gas will give a lot of revenues too.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

gandharva wrote: And no surprise, J Jayalalithaa shot off a similar missive to the PM.
is she governing from house arrest? so this ineffective court and legal system we have can be trashed.

btw, she is goner~ TN is already done , and Fadnavis MH will even provide the shocker for CBN and the other SI states soon. sleep on southies!
SrinivasK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SrinivasK »

ramana wrote:Folks, A publisher wants to translate notable literary works from Telugu to English in the following categories:

3) Historical fiction.

In the Historical fiction category,
1. Veyi Padagalu by Viswanatha Satyanarayana comes first to my mind. The literary impact of this book was enormous.
2. Kanyasulkam by Gurazada Apparao
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

SrinivasK wrote:
ramana wrote:Folks, A publisher wants to translate notable literary works from Telugu to English in the following categories:

3) Historical fiction.

1. Veyi Padagalu by Viswanatha Satyanarayana comes first to my mind. The literary impact of this book was enormous.
Thank you, SrinivasK-ji. Do you know if the two books you have named have already been translated to English?
SrinivasK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SrinivasK »

nageshks wrote:
SrinivasK wrote: ...
Thank you, SrinivasK-ji. Do you know if the two books you have named have already been translated to English?
Kanyasulkam has been translated into several languages including English. Some references here -> http://www.museindia.com/viewarticle.as ... d=6&id=238

A couple of people did try to translate Veyi Padagalu into English but Viswanatha Publications (the publishing house for that book) and Viswanatha's heirs did not allow it as they wanted to do it themselves at some point; they think translating it literally will spoil it's reputation and they are waiting for somebody to come to them with good credentials so they can sponsor it. As of today, there is no good english translation for this book. PVNR took several years to translate it into Hindi. The person translating this book must be at least of the caliber of PVNR in my opinion to be capable of doing a good job. It is really really difficult to translate the nuances of the then political and geographical realities into English. I read this book several times and wanted to translate (unofficially) to English but that task has been pending for a long time.

Corrected: publishing house name is Viswanatha publications at the moment.
Last edited by SrinivasK on 24 Nov 2014 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The first book got Gnanapith Award. PVNR translated into Hindi.
I don't know why Gnanapith award books don't get automatically translated for wider circulation.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

SrinivasK-ji, Ramana-ji,
Thanks for the info about the books. Had read PVNR's book `Insider' but not his translations. He was a very rare breed of thinking politician.
SrinivasK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SrinivasK »

ramana wrote:The first book got Gnanapith Award. PVNR translated into Hindi.
I don't know why Gnanapith award books don't get automatically translated for wider circulation.
Maybe OT here but:
10 to 15% percent of the book is poetry that is almost impossible for a translator to do justice to while translating. I agree that the rest can be done by somebody with talent. The book was originally written as an entry into an Andhra university literature competition. Maybe they should hold similar competitions for translating into other languages!
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

I have the entire set minus Ramayana Kalpa vruksham of vishwanatha. There is one series called Kashmira rajavamsha charitramu which consists of several books by vishwanatha I will post that list. Also off the top of my head, Eka vIra and baddana sEnAni by vishwanatha are also historical fiction. Of course as yagnyasri proposed, Himabindu by bapiraju.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

matrimc wrote:I have the entire set minus Ramayana Kalpa vruksham of vishwanatha. There is one series called Kashmira rajavamsha charitramu which consists of several books by vishwanatha I will post that list. Also off the top of my head,
Eka vIra and
baddana sEnAni by vishwanatha are also historical fiction.
Of course as yagnyasri proposed,
Himabindu by bapiraju.

Nageshks, Please note.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

ramana wrote:
matrimc wrote:I have the entire set minus Ramayana Kalpa vruksham of vishwanatha. There is one series called Kashmira rajavamsha charitramu which consists of several books by vishwanatha I will post that list. Also off the top of my head,
Eka vIra and
baddana sEnAni by vishwanatha are also historical fiction.
Of course as yagnyasri proposed,
Himabindu by bapiraju.

Nageshks, Please note.
Done, Ramana-ji. Thank you.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Sri Lekha by Dr Mudigonda Siva Prasad is perhaps the best Historical novel I could find in Telugu. Of course Himabindu is another one. I tried to find Ramayana Kalpavrusham also but could not find it. Others I have.

CBN seems to be doing active promotion of AP as investment destination. Visiting Singapore and Japan etc. Reports says lot of buring in TN, TG and KA due to that. Soon all including TG people will be realizing the effect of letting the Coastal belt have its own state. All for the good of people.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Yagnasri wrote:Sri Lekha by Dr Mudigonda Siva Prasad is perhaps the best Historical novel I could find in Telugu. Of course Himabindu is another one. I tried to find Ramayana Kalpavrusham also but could not find it. Others I have.

CBN seems to be doing active promotion of AP as investment destination. Visiting Singapore and Japan etc. Reports says lot of buring in TN, TG and KA due to that. Soon all including TG people will be realizing the effect of letting the Coastal belt have its own state. All for the good of people.
Hmm.. I am trying to get Sri Lekha but couldnt. Bliss to shoot the pdf file if you have.

Himabindu and Adivi Santisri (both by Adivi Bapiraju are good).

Another one is a novel called Yugadi (forgot the name of the writer, a female name)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Wi-Fi to Andhra Pradesh villages by 2015
Hyderabad: Power Grid Corporation called for tenders to lay fibre optical network in about 28,000 km covering 1600-gram panchayats in Andhra Pradesh. AP government has told them to complete this project by the end of 2015.

The state government issued orders for the right to lay them for cable networking and requested the secretaries of concerned departments to extend the necessary cooperation and streamline the bottlenecks. The state government wants to provide Internet and Wi-Fi facility to all the villages in the state by the end of 2015. The project was planned to enable the government to provide e-services and e-applications.

The Centre will provide all the material and equipment to lay the fibre optical network in the villages. AP state IT advisor J. Satyanarayana said after the finalisation of tenders the work will start in all villages simultaneously.

All the service providers like telecom service providers (TSPs) ISPs, cable TV operators and others will be given non- discriminatory access to the optic fibre network and can launch various services in rural areas. Various categories of applications like e health, e education and e governance etc can also be provided by these operators. On an experimental basis, a pilot project was launched at Parawada in Visakhapatnam district. Around 30 categories of services are being provided through this project at Parawada. IT advisor J. Satyanarayana said after the completion of laying fibre optical network it would allow IT enabled services to set up BPO centres in rural areas.

He said that the village level network would help the administration to offer more citizen services. He said that the Wi-Fi connection will be provided at Grama Panchayat office and from there any institution or agency can get Wi-Fi connection. Satyanarayana said no service will be provided free including Wi-Fi connections. Everything will be charged.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RamaY, Our dream of wifi connectivity for all is coming true.

What are the credentials of this IT adviser?

I knew a former IT adviser named CS Rao.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Interesting article, hence posting in full

Telangana seeks Tirupati cash share
Hyderabad, Nov. 26: Telangana has demanded a share in the past revenues of the Tirupati temple, the country’s richest shrine located in Andhra Pradesh, signalling another point of contention stemming from the bifurcation.

The TRS government declared in the Assembly today that it would strive to get its estimated share of Rs 241 crore from a charitable fund to which the temple authorities owed dues over the past 10 years.

The Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), which runs the shrine, need not share its revenues with Telangana under the AP Reorganisation Act, the bifurcation law. But the provision is effective only from June this year, leaving open the scope for claims related to earlier allocations.

Replying to queries in the Assembly today, Telangana minister T. Harish Rao said that according to the latest CAG report, the TTD owed Rs 576 crore to the “Common Good Fund” between 2003 and 2014. “Of this, Telangana’s share is around Rs 241 crore and we demand that the Chandrababu Naidu government (of Andhra) speed up the reimbursement,” said Harish Rao.

The demand was raised by a BJP legislator, K. Lakshman. Andhra’s endowment ministry, which will decide the claim, is also headed by a BJP legislator, P. Manikyala Rao.

The “Common Good Fund” was a corpus to which the TTD was required to contribute under law, with the state paying a matching amount. The money was meant for a variety of religious and charitable purposes, such as sprucing up pilgrimages and refurbishing temples and mosques :eek: .

The TRS government plans to develop Yadagirigutta, a shrine 40km from Hyderabad, into the “Tirupati” of Telangana”. Visiting the temple a few weeks ago, chief minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao had announced a Rs 100-crore plan to develop guesthouses, gateways and other tourism facilities aimed at upgrading the centre into a Tirupati-like hub. Yadagirigutta’s presiding deity is Narasimhaswami, an avatar of Vishnu like Lord Venkateshwara of Tirupati.

The TTD, the temple board, has been placed under Schedule 7 of the AP Reorganisation Act. This covers items in which Telangana cannot claim a share, but it does not have retrospective effect. Funds worth Rs 31,000 crore are mentioned in this schedule, a finance department official said.

Schedule 8 of the law lists items in which Telangana has a share but the total amount in this is lesser at Rs 25,000 crore, the official added.

The Tirupati temple has an annual budget of Rs 2,400 crore. It has Rs 8,500 crore in fixed deposits, 12 tonnes of gold — including ornaments — belonging to the deity and another three tonnes collected from devotees’ donations in the hundis. The TTD has provided financial assistance to several other shrines, including 42 in Telangana and 61 in Andhra.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I have just dealt with one more funny stand of TG. In one set of matters I was handling TG got some 60% of assets in a company. When asked take 60% of the liability it refused. My people asked me not to come personally as I belong to AP this situation may get more aggravated by mere fact of me being from AP. Welcome to New India created by Con Mafia.