Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
schinnas
BRFite

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by schinnas »

Sachin wrote: Mean while on the ISIS volunteer's returning home..
“I feel let down by my son”
The Hindu has this nasty habit of show-casing the criminal's family laments especially if they are from a specific minority community. From the report..
When asked if his family will forgive Fahad, the distraught father says: “Baap ka dil paththar ka ho sakta hai, par aap batiye ek maa kya kare? [A father can be stonehearted, but what will you tell his mother?]”
Sachin,
To the contrary, I felt this news article by Chindu can be utilized very effectively in any counter-psywar by out intelligence agencies to protect our impressionable muslim youth from getting brainwashed. Any parent who reads this article will try their best to ensure that their sons dont fall prey to fundamentalist propoganda.

I do applaud the father for saying that his son should face punishment for his deeds. Note that the father is not crying victimhood, or casting doubts on the motivation of security agencies. Such sane muslim voices should be highlighted so that action against returning jihdists is not politicized by fundamentalists and felows like Owaisi.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

13 CRPF personnel killed in ambush by Maopests.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... ocialMedia

Looks like the Maopests still have a few tricks up their sleeve.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Sachin wrote:Mean while on the ISIS volunteer's returning home..
“I feel let down by my son”
The Hindu has this nasty habit of show-casing the criminal's family laments especially if they are from a specific minority community. From the report..
When asked if his family will forgive Fahad, the distraught father says: “Baap ka dil paththar ka ho sakta hai, par aap batiye ek maa kya kare? [A father can be stonehearted, but what will you tell his mother?]”
These tear-jerkers for Muslim terrorists are a common strategy of communists and leftists (lovingly called useful idiots by Muslims). These commie dudes are very predictable. Here is another one today:
barkha dutt ‏@BDUTT 3h3 hours ago
Heartbreaking story by @nazir_masoodi on the family the slain NC sarpanch leaves behind- five children including a physically challenged kid
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-13 ... rh-2040013
In a ghastly attack, Naxals have killed 13 CRPF men in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh. The casualty includes 2 CRPF officers too.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

http://india.gotnewswire.com/news/us-in ... turn-youth
Sleuths of US intelligence agencies are likely to question Arif Majeed, who returned home after being associated with ISIS in Iraq and Syria, as he is believed to have loads of information about the group running a reign of terror in the region....
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Why exactly is India n govt. providing free access to an Indian terrorist after the US's refusal to reciprocate in Headley's case? WTF does the Indian govt. think will happen the next time? The US will provide free access to an american in IS? Is the Indian bureaucracy braindead to consider this or is this the doing of the "nationalist" govt. in charge? Hope this is a pragmatic move with some goal in mind.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I don't see any harm. May be the US will reciprocate in future.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

"I don't see any harm. May be the US will reciprocate in future."

Riiight. Fool me once..etc.

David Headley was not the first instance and won't be the last.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Supratik wrote:I don't see any harm. May be the US will reciprocate in future.
Yes yes, Detonator in 1993 blasts case still is very safe. People sometimes due to the personal benefits accrued to USA forget the perfidy done in other areas/ or other induviduals working for US Govt.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

As I said no harm if the US gets access to him. I see no downside for India in this.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

how many times did we get to interview David Coleman Headley. US is an unacknowledged chief global sponsor of Islamic Terrorism. They are coming here to know how much we know from this scumbag. Keep these pestilence out of it, they will do only harm to all the good people.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

"As I said no harm if the US gets access to him. I see no downside for India in this."

Yes, obviously I read what you wrote, and you either have a very short memory or mostly clueless about what happened the previous times India shared information with the US.

Does "grenade cap" mean anything to you in this context? If it doesn't, that says enough about your opinion.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Bhai, spent two decades on BRF. Take it from a vet - have seen worse. This is nothing to get your BP high over.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

"Bhai, spent two decades on BRF. Take it from a vet - have seen worse. This is nothing to get your BP high over."

Yeah, yeah. sure. whatever, pal. If you are going to make "just because I say so" statements, at least back them up if you can with reasons why you think so, else stop effing repeating yourself as that does not provide any additional information for your views other than wishful thinking. Past incidents do not back up your opinion such as it is, so cut the cr@p about "maybe it will be better this time".
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Aggressive newbie. I like it. I don't know you on BRF but you clearly have no idea of how Indo-American entente changed over the period of last 20 yrs. A tit-for-tat (you didn't give me Headley - I will not give you Majeed) may not work with the Americans. Common sense suggest that you are unlikely to scare away a superpower with such tactics. Unless you want to be a Paki pissing towards the Indian border hoping the kaffirs will drown. Getting the Americans to cooperate may have better results.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Yeah like the recent WTO standoff where the supelpowel downhill skied like it's paki brethren. It's absolutely amusing to see Americans still dishing out the "don't piss the superpower" threat when they have been made to eat crow so many times by India that after each and every standoff America is the country dragging it's ass to India so as to "fix" the relationship. Without America's cooperation we created Bangladesh, tested nookes (right under their supel dupel spy satellites), kept their puki clones at bay and thrashed them as well, fought off economic sanctions and came out more stronger, fought off technological denial regime so much successfully that the mofos want to "co-develop" with us. So please America can shove it's "cooperation" in it's ass, we don't need it as a matter of fact we are much better without it.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

just FYI he is no newbie.

btw, I would humbly submit that we have in fact received 'some' useful help from unkil. 2014 is not exactly 1993.
caveat : that doesn't mean all is hunky dory, case in pt gilani case.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

The news about Americans getting access to "Manmohan Singh's new reason of sleepless nights" is just speculative nothing has been confirmed.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Supratik:"Common sense suggest that you are unlikely to scare away a superpower with such tactics. Unless you want to be a Paki pissing towards the Indian border hoping the kaffirs will drown. Getting the Americans to cooperate may have better results.

huh? That's pretty fricking silly to claim "scaring the superpower" is the intent in not sharing information. The IS terrorist is an Indian citizen and any such information sharing has to be reciprocated and this means having formal mechanisms that will not fail India the next time some american citizen conducts terrorism against India. The larger point is what exactly does India gain from sharing information from this Indian with the US -- is there such a history so far? No.

How exactly do you propose to "get the americans to cooperate"? just by handing over information when they ask for it? That would be pretty effing stupid given that is exactly how we have reacted to american requests without adequate reciprocation all these years, evidence was shared and the US actually destroyed evidence that proved Paki involvement in a terrorist attack on India. I notice that you blithely sidestepped my query about the grenade cap with some vacuous nonsense about number of years spent on the forums. We can all "hope the americans cooperate" by handing over all information the US wants when they ask for it, but as they say, "hope is not a policy".

"I don't know you on BRF but you clearly have no idea of how Indo-American entente changed over the period of last 20 yrs."

Right, and this david headley episode happened in the 20th century is it? If you are going pretend to know better at least have a cogent argument to support your point.

RahulM:"caveat : that doesn't mean all is hunky dory, case in pt gilani case."

Exactly. US is not going to cooperate in future instances where India is affected just because India cooperate whenever it was requested by the US. Heck, the US govt. is funding the pakis right now and keeping them on life support as we speak, which is no different from the past decades.
himadri
BRFite -Trainee

Post by himadri »

http://www.anandabazar.com/state/%E0%A6 ... 8F-1.92524

It seems Mamata Begam claimed few days ago that RAW has something to do with Bardhaman case ! Just observe the kind of treasonous back stabber she is, provided of course the news bit is true.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

himadri wrote:It seems Mamata Begam claimed few days ago that RAW has something to do with Bardhaman case ! Just observe the kind of treasonous back stabber she is, provided of course the news bit is true.
Can a loose translation be provided? The report is in Bengali.
himadri
BRFite -Trainee

Post by himadri »

Gist of the report : NIA is concerned about the safety of the Khagragarh jihadis and the evidence that they have in their custody in the state. It says they will not say anything when asked about the possible RAW involvement claim by the Begam. NIA is hopeful that the investigation can be wrapped up in about sux more months. There are roughly 80 NIA investigators working on this in the state alone.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

@ T. my point was that situation is better than 1993. not that it couldn't be improved but unless there's a concrete downside to our interests we shouldn't hold back just because of 1993 events. because recent events have overtaken those.
info sharing on terror is happening worldwide irrespective of what foggy bottom feels about it. let me repeat. 2014 is not 1993.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

why can't we have access to Dawood Gilani?
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

RahulM."info sharing on terror is happening worldwide irrespective of what foggy bottom feels about it. let me repeat. 2014 is not 1993."

RahulM, I am not sure that the basic motivations have changed. Info sharing has always happened only when the party sharing the info has nothing to lose, and in that sense this IS sepoy has nothing to provide India and releasing him for questioning by US agencies will not hurt India. David Headley's case is an example of when the US had something to lose by providing India access to him (and this is after 9/11 and sentiments of sharing info similar to what you mention were in vogue), and there cannot be a guarantee that such situations won't arise in the future leading to similar outcomes, not withstanding perceptions of increased sharing on terrorism info. for whatever reasons. Pakistani terrorists who are tight will the pakistani army will be protected by the USA, so I am not sure India should be providing access to Indian citizens just because the US is curious as to what the guy knows about IS. There are plenty of UK and US jihadists in IS that can provide them with the info they want.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The US way is what is mine is mine. What is yours is negotiable. A nation that has consistently hurt Indian security interests cannot have access to Indian citizen, regardless of the crimes that he has committed or not committed.

If the US wants him, they can charge him and seek an extradition from the Indian judicial system. If and when that takes place and his rights as an Indian citizen are protected. The US can have them. Else, the US can shove it up its A $$.

PS:- I find it amusing that every time some issue of this nature crops up, between India and the Khan land, we see a relatively new poster taking, a pro US stance. That is totally at variance with the interests of the Indian nation and state. The question that comes to mind is that is the Khan also employing 50 Cent a post bloggers. The interesting point is that it is different poster in each instance. :P

PPS, the above was totally OT for this thread.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

And to add to Tuvaluan's post some of those UK/US jihadis could be agent provocateurs working for them. CNN had a special last week about some guy who was a double agent in AlQ working for US.
Avarachan
BRFite

Re: Internal Security Watc

Post by Avarachan »

Keep in mind that the response to DCH was the development of Agony Punch. The GoI understood what the attack on Mumbai was really about.

Unkil's policy towards Bharat has remained remarkably consistent through the decades, from the death of HB to the present day. Have people so quickly forgot about the ship from Ohio that was off the coast just *last year*?
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Avarachan wrote:Keep in mind that the response to DCH was the development of Agony Punch. The GoI understood what the attack on Mumbai was really about.

Unkil's policy towards Bharat has remained remarkably consistent through the decades, from the death of HB to the present day. Have people so quickly forgot about the ship from Ohio that was off the coast just *last year*?
Could you pls elaborate on Agony Punch? A search in BRF doesnt return much. TIA.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

schinnas wrote: Could you pls elaborate on Agony Punch? A search in BRF doesnt return much. TIA.
Agni-V missile - although the theory that it was a response to DCH doesn't really make sense. Agni V has no effect on the US considering that its range is ~5000km. It is a China centric missile.
Last edited by nachiket on 04 Dec 2014 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Aw come on. A-V is part of series development since IGMP. To attribute it to DCH perfidy is infantile.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

1) Yes, the Agony Family was always a part of IGMDP. But simply because a nation has plans doesn't mean that those plans will actually fructify. Just think: will adversaries simply sit back and passively accept Bharat's development of strategic systems? The whole point of intelligence and covert action is not simply to discover a country's plans, but to actively disrupt them. This should be obvious. The attack on Mumbai was intended to disrupt. Study the broader political-strategic timeline. Find out who in the CCS was blocking the go-ahead for Agony Punch's development.

2) Regarding the range of Bharat's mijjiles, it is useful to compare the mijjiles with others of similar physical dimensions. One will quickly come to the conclusion that Bharat's engineers are incompetent, or something else is going on. I will leave that for you to judge.

3) In life, there are times to mask, and times to reveal. In my opinion, Bharat must soon reveal some of its capabilities. Otherwise, an entire generation around the world will make decisions based on faulty information. This is a grave danger, especially at a time when the world's current security architecture is passing away.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

OT but in the Indo-US context conventional land based ICBMs are useless.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

I'm aware of that. I recommend that anyone interested in this issue research the specifics for himself or herself. Look up Arun_S's articles. I will not discuss details.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

A major terrorist attack in J&K today. Looks like panic button has been pressed in Pakistan, after seeing the election turn out etc. Terrorists and Jehadis had to do some thing to prove that they are still in the town. One of the comments on the news report are not very encouraging either. "Secular liberals" have started appearing slowly.
4 army personnel and 3 militants killed in terror attack in J&K

PS: Surprisingly for the leading national news paper 'The Hindu' this is not a breaking news at all :roll:.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Sachin wrote:"Secular liberals" have started appearing slowly.
PS: Surprisingly for the leading national news paper 'The Hindu' this is not a breaking news at all :roll:.
There is a gang of treasonous Indians (anglicized communists as well as House Negros working in the West) which has to be stamped down with extreme prejudice by the nationalists. Most of this gang is being propped up either by clueless Baniyas (who run publications / news channels, and hand over editorial control to them) or by Goras. These people take pleasure at every blow directed at India and want the country to disintegrate. It is a gang of sadists and anarchists. Modi should not go after them directly (they will raise a stink in the media) but go after the baniyas -- the funders and facilitators of traitors -- the Jains, the Rahejas, the Birlas, the Goenkas. These people are running this anti-Hindu, anti-India racket, and their shop needs to be shut.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Virat Hindu retweeted
NDTV ‏@ndtv 7m7 minutes ago

If Pakistan can't stop these attacks, let it take India's help, says Home Minister Rajnath Singh about Uri army camp attack.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

The death of just 2 Canadian soldiers recently, in 'lone wolf' terror attacks, led to *massive* coverage in the media, and huge public support. Let's see Indians show one tenth of the support, and outrage, for more than a dozen deaths.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

times now has tweeted that this is pak back terrorists attack ......such a big change in the language
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

X-post

One area of concern. The Modi govt seems to be following the same defensive posture as UPA wrt Maoist violence and Pak sponsored terror leading to heavy loss of life. I would like to see concerted anti-Maoist counter-insurgency operations instead of sitting duck model now being used. With Pak we need to take territory. Otherwise the Pak army will continue with their perfidy. I hope Modi and Doval have a plan.