CT & COIN Operations in India: News, Images and Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Re: CT and COIN operations in India: News, Images and Discus

Post by Kashi »

Not sure what to make of Rajnath Singh's statement..he should have kept his mouth shut.
member_28840
BRFite

Post by member_28840 »

Kashi wrote:Not sure what to make of Rajnath Singh's statement..he should have kept his mouth shut.
what statement? could you quote or link please?
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

^^^^^what statement did he give??
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

NDTV ‏@ndtv 7m7 minutes ago

If Pakistan can't stop these attacks, let it take India's help, says Home Minister Rajnath Singh about Uri army camp attack.
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

More information on the attacks
http://m.rediff.com/news/column/despera ... 141205.htm
Unfortunately in the initial part of the operation, one terrorist opened fire on the vehicles of the QRT of the neighbouring unit rushing to the site, in which one gypsy went off the road and overturned, leading to casualties among the security forces. The terrorist was immediately eliminated by the troops of the QRT and his body recovered.

During the operation, a barrack also caught fire, presumably because of a kerosene heater toppling, in which some soldiers got trapped. Four of them were killed. The operations continued relentlessly and by 9.30 am, the terrorists were eliminated.

During the deliberate clearing up operations which commenced thereafter, the bodies of five more terrorists were recovered, bringing the total to six terrorists eliminated
member_23370
BRFite

Post by member_23370 »

Need to ensure there are more vacuum bulb eruptions in pakjab. Modi is waiting till J&K elections get over.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Bheeshma wrote:Need to ensure there are more vacuum bulb eruptions in pakjab. Modi is waiting till J&K elections get over.
We will always have reasons to wait. :x
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I bet my left testimonial that retaliation is going on right now. It will appear in the Paki media soon enough.
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

are these attacks a 'sign of desperation' ? Having heard that word used since 80s, I am skeptical.

This is more like tactical escalation or retribution for elections. always has been. Not sounding nit-picky but the word indicates Indians are winning and the jihadis (of all hues) are losing. The reality is 'we are still fighting'.

edit:

The term might let some people sleep better but it isn't fair to the soldier on the ground. Why do we suffer casualties when we are 'winning' the fight. How can the army let pakis come in and kill with impunity when we are winning the ground and hearts of kashmiris.
the reality is this war will not end as long as Pakistan lives as a nation. not with kashmir and not with siachen or any other CBMs. Christine Fair correctly (imo) hits the nail on the head when she points this out. The Govt should first realize this and prepare for the long haul. aman ki asha, track 2 are just side shows and good entertainment for the NGOs but thats all they are for.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

shiv wrote:I bet my left testimonial that retaliation is going on right now. It will appear in the Paki media soon enough.
Doc Sa'ab, the retaliation of the affected regiments may happen in two weeks time, not now. It will be zero visibility and has no larger impact. A very public attack needs a very public response. Justice not only needs to be done but it must also appear to be done.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

I am afraid you are right H Kumar. We were winning the CI battle with terroroists but this is a whole enw game - Pak army launching a conventional war on our soil under guise of terrorists. This is NOT a battle we are winning at the moment.

Deejee saab if we want the regts to retaliate then let 31 FD use their arty but arty seems to be a strict no no. I think we are missing the big picture here. This are BAT/pak troops wo have infilitrated into india and carried out acts of war. These are not terrorists ! Our govt ha snot understood it - certainly Kiren Rijiu statetments and Rajnath Singh's statements are not encouraging. We should be saying these are Paki regulars who have come in.

Completely agree that the response needs to be highly public.
Last edited by Akshay Kapoor on 05 Dec 2014 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

shiv wrote:I bet my left testimonial that retaliation is going on right now. It will appear in the Paki media soon enough.
La whhole villa quvat Hakeem Sahab, what about right one? Is it more important strategically or ju hab lost it in some earlier bet?
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Army soldiers search for suspected militants as smoke rises from a bunker after a gunbattle in Mohra in Uri. (Reuters Photo

Indian defence personnel gather near the scene of a gunfight with suspected rebels on the outskirts of Srinagar on December 5, 2014
Tauseef Mustafa, AFP
Last edited by Aditya G on 05 Dec 2014 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^^^ Yes Kapoor Sir, a lot of the weapons load, the concerted attacks make it look regular TSPA hit job.
vaibhav.n
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vaibhav.n »

Uri Pics

Captured Arms

Added Later:
NSFW Graphic Warning Special Forces Handiwork

Dead Pigs Pose 1

Dead Pigs Pose 2

Dead Pigs Pose 3
Last edited by vaibhav.n on 05 Dec 2014 23:20, edited 4 times in total.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Rightnow, the best retaliation against the bakis is: lotus regime in Cashmeer and removal of art 370.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Don not like this fellow Tauseef Mustafa of AFP. He is always showing IA in bad light and never takes pic of victims of terrorism. Be it Kashmir,Syria or Philistine.....always shows Muslims as victim.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Sniper medic!?! 8) :mrgreen:
vaibhav.n wrote:Uri Pics

VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

Unable to check my FB. cant look into the eyes of the martyred sons of this country. :(

Rest in peace brothers. We will not forget, we will not forgive.
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

vaibhav.n wrote:Uri Pics

NSFW Graphic Warning Special Forces Handiwork

Dead Pigs Pose 2
Is it just me or the guy right in center looks Badass :twisted: (Watermarked by EX)
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

1. Recall all the diplomats from Bakistan.
2. Arrest all baki diplomats in Desh along with elements like baki hockey team currently in Bhuwneshwar to play the FIH tournament until pakistan hands over Dawood, Hafeez, Lakhvi, omar saeed and other assorted piglets!, baki actors/singers/dancers/etc in bollywood.
VijayN
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VijayN »

SBajwa wrote:1. Recall all the diplomats from Bakistan.
2. Arrest all baki diplomats in Desh along with elements like baki hockey team currently in Bhuwneshwar to play the FIH tournament until pakistan hands over Dawood, Hafeez, Lakhvi, omar saeed and other assorted piglets!, baki actors/singers/dancers/etc in bollywood.
Emotions do run high during such incidents and am totally with you. However, above course of action I don't think will cut. It is we who are in the backseat here, we are in a phase of growth after a long time and cannot be seen as distracted. There are am sure ,many ways to deal with Kabristan and exact our due. A successful election in J&K/stable gov't, a strong economy and stronger defense should be our goals. Use the time to devise a long term or permanent solution for this cancer, but until then we are vulnerable and should not play into the hands of this very obvious game!

Just my 2 paisa.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

^^^ Only problem with that approach is that there will always be more to develop (and more to lose) later on. Forgive me, but that is what the WKKs would say. I am not saying you are one, but there is no "good" time for covert action. Extreme pain must be delivered, in one form or the other.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Why covert? Overtly say that enough is enough!!!! We are done! no more diplomatic relations with bakis!! and arrest their people in India!! unless they agree to our demands!! Simble only!
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

"The troops are trained to fight, come what may, but losing their leader surely affects
their concentration and morale which seems to be case in this recent encounter,"
sources privy to the development said.
This excuse has been used since the times of Sikandar and Porus!!!
If the chain of command is not established down to the last man then all police, paramilitary, army, AF, Navy
is garbage!!
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

AditayG..anybody shooting thru a scope does not become a sniper !
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Anybody who can go to the Pakistani matches at bhuvneshwar and shouting against them. I will pay
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

krishnan wrote:
NDTV ‏@ndtv 7m7 minutes ago

If Pakistan can't stop these attacks, let it take India's help, says Home Minister Rajnath Singh about Uri army camp attack.
What Seshadrichari said on TimesNow to the former diplomat of Pakistan is even more profound. He said India considers every Pakistani as a "potential Indian". The Pakistani diplomat was fuming; Seshadri pushed the right button. Seshadrichari invited Pakistan to be part of the "larger Indian" economic front. He implied Pakistan to join India back.

Seshadrichari is as hawkish as he can get. He is like Lord Krishna brokering peace till the very last moment, before declaring righteous war. More talk of war now, than ever before. Swamy indicated to Vishnu Som that war is inevitable. Arnab and Nidhi using the word "peaceniks". Interesting times and retaliation in store.

January 26th visit of Obama will be interesting, and GoI will either finish things before his visit, or start things after the visit.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

SwamyG wrote: What Seshadrichari said on TimesNow to the former diplomat of Pakistan is even more profound. He said India considers every Pakistani as a "potential Indian". The Pakistani diplomat was fuming; Seshadri pushed the right button. Seshadrichari invited Pakistan to be part of the "larger Indian" economic front. He implied Pakistan to join India back.

Seshadrichari is as hawkish as he can get. He is like Lord Krishna brokering peace till the very last moment, before declaring righteous war. More talk of war now, than ever before. Swamy indicated to Vishnu Som that war is inevitable. Arnab and Nidhi using the word "peaceniks". Interesting times and retaliation in store.

January 26th visit of Obama will be interesting, and GoI will either finish things before his visit, or start things after the visit.
Sheshadrichari and others can speak a lot but those who can shoot are under their control. Unfortunately, these verbose articulates will never give the go ahead to those who can shoot.
Added later: The DefMin needs to take time out from launching the book of one Sardesai, the PM needs to say something more than the apologetic condolence he gives, the entire st#*id Parliament needs to feel hurt at the death of soldiers and not (just) on being called Ba#$$$ds.

What are we a nation of Orators and Seat Warmers. Or is that the Soldiers are meant to die so no need to disturb the apple cart?
(End of rant)
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

that commie sitaram yechuri or khichuri was actually indicating that it was the handi-work of present govt to stroke communal harmony and polarize votes , just before modi's visit !! this commies should be publicly lynched and hanged .
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

One question. Unless you are Keanu Reeves in Matrix, walking into a battle hardened army camp with a lot of ammunition does not make any sense. You will be terminated without much damage to the camp.

What is puzzling me is the amount of weapons they had. They could have done a lot more damage to some other soft target, but even if they had a RPG and a heavy machine gun, they could not have done much more damage than they already did to the army.

If I were a Baki, i would consider that a waste. Scratching my brains. Much easier to quietly walk into a camp in army fatigues and do soosai bombing.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

Shaun wrote:that commie sitaram yechuri or khichuri was actually indicating that it was the handi-work of present govt to stroke communal harmony and polarize votes , just before modi's visit !! this commies should be publicly lynched and hanged .
^We make do with just hacking them here in Kerala, but there is certainly room for progress :D
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

LokeshC wrote:One question. Unless you are Keanu Reeves in Matrix, walking into a battle hardened army camp with a lot of ammunition does not make any sense. You will be terminated without much damage to the camp.

What is puzzling me is the amount of weapons they had. They could have done a lot more damage to some other soft target, but even if they had a RPG and a heavy machine gun, they could not have done much more damage than they already did to the army.

If I were a Baki, i would consider that a waste. Scratching my brains. Much easier to quietly walk into a camp in army fatigues and do soosai bombing.
My guess is it was to send message to separatists to toe ISI line. With this attack at highly fortified army base they tried to give signal to them that ISI can attack the very people separatists are banking on at any time in case they change ther stand.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

SagarAg wrote:
LokeshC wrote:One question. Unless you are Keanu Reeves in Matrix, walking into a battle hardened army camp with a lot of ammunition does not make any sense. You will be terminated without much damage to the camp.

My guess is it was to send message to separatists to toe ISI line. With this attack at highly fortified army base they tried to give signal to them that ISI can attack the very people separatists are banking on at any time in case they change ther stand.
Problem is there are large number of pigs at bakistan who prefer to get roasted over here. Complete annihilation of those pigs and piglets right at their own gutter will bring a lasting peace in the valley and anything short of it, is to invite another terror attack.
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Shaun wrote: Problem is there are large number of pigs at bakistan who prefer to get roasted over here. Complete annihilation of those pigs and piglets right at their own gutter will bring a lasting peace in the valley and anything short of it, is to invite another terror attack.
Saar when the reason for terrorist activity itself gets diluted, the world will see through Bakistan game of proxy war with India through its state sponsored terrorism in garb of freedom of Kashmir. It will become more and more futile to continue its terrorist activities further in Kashmir.

PS: iRudaili haramzaadi has already moved to the concept of soft separatism in her latest column in HT. :evil:
A Deshmukh
BRFite

Post by A Deshmukh »

I understand this was a Artillery site. Maybe this was a step before planned future Artillery duels?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

The near simultaneous attacks in Kashmir lend credence to my earlier assertion about terrorists killed in Arnia sector in Jammu.

They had been infiltrated for achieving a high profile attack as part of a larger strategy. They shared similarities with the terrorists killed in Uri - large amount of weapon and ammunition, quality and nature of dress/fatigues and even number of terrorists. And while this was a Fidayeen attack - it was not the vest wearing one. It was more in line with attack on army camp in Samba; these men were expected to storm a camp and engage the security forces for as long as possible. And injure/kill as many security personnel as possible. Basically, create a spectacle.

These terrorists seemed to be more high 'quality' relative to normal cadre and I think ISI expanded quite a lot of effort to stage this effort.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

If they have to "spend" their high quality Pigs for roasting, then they must be desperate.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

As long as it is in our territory, the Bakis are not worried at all. After all their politicians are no different than ours. A dead jihadi is just like a dead soldier - what goes who's father.

We don't have the balls to strike back. We reply to their firing by our own firing - mortar to mortar, 7.62 to 7.62. We will fire arty if they use arty. Only the numbers vary. We are so bloody scared that if we attack Pakistan, it will escalate in to a full blown war and then of course they have "The Atim Bum" and they are the ones who on their friend list have names like China, US, Saudi Arabia, UK and now even Russia. We, we don't have any.

All this when the Pakistan has been waging war on our territory like forever and of course our Thermo Nuclear explosive is a bloody dud and they are not worried about full blown war with us.

That is the fundamental difference - They know we don't have the balls and we know that they have the "Atim Bum". Like the good boys in the class who would always get screwed for what the bad boys did, our Jawans on the border will always get screwed for what our Politicians do. Shame on us!

Will the PM go and explain the freshly made widows that their husbands died uselessly. That we shall let a thousand more die and do nothing. That all who died before just died because we intend to let this go on forever. After all it is the job of the Jawan to die. Die for the Motherland!
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Shaun wrote: Problem is there are large number of pigs at bakistan who prefer to get roasted over here. Complete annihilation of those pigs and piglets right at their own gutter will bring a lasting peace in the valley and anything short of it, is to invite another terror attack.
You want to hit them in their gutter - tell them to hit our - our Parliament and then we shall hit back or at least build up for a hit back. You see in India their two kinds of Humans - Homo Sapien Sapiens and the Homo Sapien Delux. Strike the Delux and watch the war machine rumble.