Documentation of media shame in India

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Documentation of media shame in India

Post by shiv »

Over the years Indian media, the print media for years and more recently the electronic media have made shameful and ignorant decisions - some of which deserve ridicule, if not criticism.

We have spread our irritation over various threads but I thought today might be a great day to highlight the utter stupidity and complete thoughtlessness displayed by our media.

General Bandicoot Musharraf, liar and murderer of Kargil has been arrested in Pakistan. For months he stayed away from his own terrorist nation and during this time he was feted and admired by some of the Indian media.

I want to mention in particular the way this ba$tard was invited and feted in an India Today conclave in India and I start this thread specifically to cock a snook at the imbeciles who cannot differentiate between national interests and a toilet seat.
I think there are a few other Indian media guilty parties who are involved with massaging Musharraf. I am hoping this thread will serve as a permanent record of Media ignorance and errors for which they are never held to account.
kancha
BRFite

Re: Documentation of media shame in India

Post by kancha »

Shivji, do have a look at this site - www.mediacrooks.com
This guy is doing exactly what you mention here - shining a light on the uncomfortable truths about the mainstream media
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Yes that's a good website, but no harm in chronicling it here as well...
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Jagran

Why is Arunachal Pradesh being shown as simply "administered" by India? Why this neutrality?

Shame on Jagran!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

TIMES OF INDIA 1 week ago. Sarabjit Singh is dead today. Killed in Pakistan.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... eum-punjab
Coming: Peace museum along India-Pakistan border
ATTARI: A peace museum celebrating divided Punjab's shared architectural, cultural and culinary heritage is coming up at Attari near the India-Pakistan border. The double-storeyed museum spread over 6,000 sq feet is expected to be opened early next year and would showcase items to dispel myths and promote peace.

"It would help the youth understand strong bonds their elders shared before the Partition,'' said 27-year-old Aman Jaspal, the brain behind the fusion museum. He said it is not going to be a holocaust museum revolving around bloodshed during the Partition. "Instead it will display strong bonds different communities shared before the Partition,'' said Jaspal, a post-graduate from the Norwegian School of Economics. "It would help people forget the past and move ahead by touching hearts.''
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

By line of Barbarian Indian on Twitter
* MEDIA is a crime scene - ALWAYS take screenshots *
I use Hoversnap and its free --->> http://www.snapfiles.com/php/sfdwnld.ph ... 2658&loc=2
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Lilo wrote:By line of Barbarian Indian on Twitter
* MEDIA is a crime scene - ALWAYS take screenshots *
I use Hoversnap and its free --->> http://www.snapfiles.com/php/sfdwnld.ph ... 2658&loc=2
Completely agree with him. Always take screenshots so that the mofo slime balls cannot pretend innocence later after deleting their vomit.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I was unable to find a more appropriate thread for this:

I buy two "paper" newspapers at home - the Hindu and the Deccan herald

Yesterday's headline in the Hindu was "132 massacred in school" - no mention of Pakistan except in small print. The headline was designed to shock but was designed in the manner of "anyone with any humanity" will be shocked. The Deccan Herald specified that it was a Pak School.

Why does this matter?

The Hindu seems to be taking the attitude that any school attack is bad and that people reading the headline should get a shock. Fair enough, but in a few moments that shock can turn into relief that it is no one we know, or anger at Pakistan if the attack is in India. The Hindu editors do not seem to have thought this through in their eagerness to do equal equal. Truth is better than a white lie.

Today the Hindu says "India stands with Pakistan". The Deccan Herald has some other main headline and a smaller front page news about burials in Peshawar. The Hindu is making a statement, not reporting news. The Hindu never "stood with Pakistan" when 60 or 80 shias were killed in numerous bomb attacks on mosques. Or even after the Wagah boder attack. Maybe the Hindu editors believe that we Indians are all Wahhabadi Paki Sunnis and mourn only when Pakis mourn and remain silent as Hindu temples are destroyed, Sikhs killed and Ahmedis and Shias slaughtered in Sunni Pakistan?
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

shiv saar, to me reading online news and newspapers, it doesn't look like they are written with someone like me as the target consumer. They are seems to be written for some mythical global audience as part of some collective effort. Even the latest Paki school news is used as an excuse to cry hoarse about "collective shame". For example: http://www.firstpost.com/world/god-damn ... 54167.html
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

saravana wrote:shiv saar, to me reading online news and newspapers, it doesn't look like they are written with someone like me as the target consumer. They are seems to be written for some mythical global audience as part of some collective effort. Even the latest Paki school news is used as an excuse to cry hoarse about "collective shame". For example: http://www.firstpost.com/world/god-damn ... 54167.html
There is a media outlet called newslaundry.com apparently designed as a media monitor in India. Most Indian media are paid media, they do it for the money.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

shiv wrote: . . . The Hindu is making a statement, not reporting news.
The advent of N.Ram made The Hindu blur completely the dividing line between editorial opinion and news reporting.
patel
BRFite

Post by patel »

shiv wrote: There is a media outlet called newslaundry.com apparently designed as a media monitor in India. Most Indian media are paid media, they do it for the money.
Shivji namaste, I feel that newslaundry is just another sickular mouthpiece. The only difference being that they criticize their own ilk at times. We're so habituated to one sided narrative that even this kind of taquiyya seems revolutionary.

Madhu Trehan is their face and is a thoroughbred Lutyen's child. She is sister of Aroon Purie btw.

This is a glimpse of her thought process.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

^^
Actually I thought that was a well worded and direct question that was handled well by Modi. It is by facing the most difficult questions that we get to know who has real answers and the motivation of people who ask questions.

I must admit that I saw Madhu Trehan "live" recently (along with Arun Shourie and Rajiv Malhotra among others) and was happy to note that she ripped a new one for "The Hindu". Actually she opened up some new parts of my own mind by giving examples of how paid news appears. After that I have become much better at recognizing paid news.

As an example, the news may involve some dire story about pollution and somewhere in the middle of the story will be a quote from Mr. XYZ, CEO of ACME antipollution devices saying how the new tech his company produces will change the face of pollution. The same techniques are used when maligning politicians and political forces.

I have noticed something that occurs to me as a gut feeling which I cannot express. It is about how the "sickularists" have their arguments and reasoning much better sorted out. This is a direct offshoot of making the "structure of language and debate" in such a way that it favours you. This is something we discussed at length in the Hindu Nationalism thread. Those debates have already been framed favourably (in favourable language and ready to use words and concepts) for the seculars in western literature through 200 years of western scholarship about India

In today's Hindu there is a very interesting statement in an article entitled "The Changing Face of History" by one Harbans Mukhia
"The positivist postulate of mythology as implicitly fictitious is the reason for the anxiety in projecting mythological stories as historical events"
Every word is a loaded word and because we have inherited the language from the British - each word comes pre-loaded with specific meaning quite different from our "natural Indian" worldview. Seculars who accept the western view without question have no problem using such words even if they don't know what they mean. But in reply a Hindutva vadi has to be very careful. So control of the English word and English media is something that Hindutva needs to do. Anger or ignoring it simply does not cut it. This is work that Indians must face with determination and not denial.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

member_28705
BRFite

Post by member_28705 »

gandharva wrote:Image
The Hindu have taken down this article from their website as well as teetar :D Thanks for capturing the screenshot :D
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Hopefully, every BRfite is aware of the ongoing Vibrant Gujarat investor summit. It is a massive event this time. Delegates include, UNSG Ban Ki Moon , John Kerry (PBUH) , finance ministers or equivalents from over 170 countries , some of the worlds richest and most powerful industrialists etc.The MOUs that are going to be signed will exceed entire GDPs of most of the worlds countries.

The magnitude of Modi's diplomatic success can be judged by the fact , that UNSG Moon , inaugurated a canal top solar power plant. When was the last time a person as important as UNSG inaugurated something as trivial as a power plant ?

But somehow, the rotten electronic media has decided, that it is unimportant to cover the historic event. There seems to be a blackout of sorts.The only channels covering the event are doordarshan and some Gujarati news channels. English or Hindi channels are showing Khujliwal , or some crappy bollywood nonsense (ranbir and katrina spotted in a beach somewhere) , or some petty crime in some remote unheard towns . NewsX has flashers about the event , that are mainly negative. ("BREAKING NEWS: VIBRANT SUMMIT JUST A MASSIVE PUBLICITY STUNT." .. You dumbasses , all the worlds ministers and big industrialists are extremely busy people who consider there time extremely valuable, they would not come all the way to waste there time if it was some stupide publicity event. )

It is tragic that India is the only country in with a media so hostile and anti-national that there is not an iota of coverage of such an important gov't .. AAK THOO onlee...and remember #mediapimps , PM has a massive memory . This will not be forgotten..once again aak thoo ..
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

There is therefore a definite gap in popular media space. Would an enterprising Gujarati capture this space?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

When was the last time a person as important as UNSG inaugurated something as trivial as a power plant ?
I do HOPE POTUS BO will top this circa Jan 26 by inaugurating a public pakistan in Dilli. Put to rest that legend that ends:
Oh! But that is the US Ambassador to India!
Imagine the media headline, celebrated in all of 'South Asia'!
US President Announces Aid for Pakistan in New Delhi. Indian Parliament Applauds!
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

gakakkadJi, I read some on the DDM news papers on-line, and a few DDM TV channels. You are right I haven't seen much coverage except some BS headline this morning on what Kerrorist said. Is there an independent web site that is covering that event with just the facts as to whats going on?