Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec

Post by shiv »

UlanBatori wrote:See "Threat Alert 802" letter above: What does the stamp "NACTA" mean?
Title on top of letter says NAtional Counter Terrorism Authority
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

UlanBatori wrote:See "Threat Alert 802" letter above: What does the stamp "NACTA" mean?
Correct. NaktA is who you become when the talipaan chop your nose, and take your ayesha, and the goat, and you know have a jolly good time on a fridin.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

NACTA notice is a RAW conspiracy. After various urdu news anchors (and one Mr. Musharraf) established using latest ijjlamic scientific methods that the D'stga'rh's who blew themselves up were uncircumcised, RAW is now trying to pin the blame on the pious ISI and the Army.

This is all a big conspiracy.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Pakistani Role In Global terrorism” thread.

Ishaan Tharoor writing in an Op-Ed in the Washington Post titled “Can Pakistan finally give up the ‘good Taliban’?”

Can Pakistan finally give up the ‘good Taliban’?

Speaking of the Good Taliban and Bad Taliban policy of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Punjabi Military Dominated “Deep State”, an interesting cartoon on the subject:

Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

@deejay: there is not any strong enthusiasm in learning middle eastern languages in the thread right now. Lets try again early next year.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Errr, Masterji, Ek aur talib-e-ilm idhar haajir hai phor your urdu middal eastern lejjon.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

^^^ you and deejay together have sufficient levarage. What do you want -- hindi dwara urdu, or urdu via english? The format will be a cartoon strip. Please do not expect mirakles. The kayada (le book ze alphabet) will be first. Everything will be PeeArEff style, so material will not be suitable for anyone who doesnt enjwoy PeeAar.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Hindi ya inglis.. both are good.. onreee... depends on what deejay saar is comfortable with.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

shiv wrote:
Title on top of letter says NAtional Counter Terrorism Authority

Clearly the lack of a propah Sandhurst ejjikashun. Surely the ISI would not waste time stamping "ISI' across letters that are printed on ISI letter head, hain? The key clue is the "NA"CTA It stands for
No Action: Conspiracy Theory Accusation
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

^^^ I know, and sonetimes I dont know; why I bother: it is klearly New and Advanced Conspiracy Theories Association. If their fan base heard you were making them into an accusation, they would throw a fit.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

arun wrote:...........{Snipped}............

Speaking of the Good Taliban and Bad Taliban policy of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Punjabi Military Dominated “Deep State”, an interesting cartoon on the subject:

X Posted from the Pakistani Role In Global Terrorism thread.

Continuing on the Good Taliban and Bad Taliban policy of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Punjabi Military Dominated “Deep State”, one more interesting cartoon on the subject by cartoonist Manoj Kureel:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1ce53d2b3f
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

LokeshC wrote:Hindi ya inglis.. both are good.. onreee... depends on what deejay saar is comfortable with.
Same here saar. We can start in both or the 'One' of your choice.
AniB
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AniB »

I don’t read Urdu. Learned minds please help enquiring mind .

1. Several of the 7 shaheed appeared wearing Balochi caps at the photo-op. Are there Baloch in TTP? Seems reasonable. I hear that there are murmurings in the Urdu press that 5/7 attackers were not tribals. Two are clean shaven, one has a Tajik hat on.

2. Some are even saying that some Hadith has been misused. ! I am shocked, shocked I say. My impression is that as per Bukhari the killing of the postpubescent males of the Banu Qurayza was very halal. To date, the Taliban and Daesh have been so scrupulous in achieving accord with the Sunnah and Hadiths! I agree with Maulana Abdul Aziz that this cannot be condemned by any Islamic scholar. Has Any mullah/imam come out and condemned this incident at all? Sure I see politicians say so.

3.Why is Fazlullah in Kunar, but Afghan Taliban condemned the incident?
Last edited by AniB on 24 Dec 2014 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

deejay wrote:
LokeshC wrote:Hindi ya inglis.. both are good.. onreee... depends on what deejay saar is comfortable with.
Same here saar. We can start in both or the 'One' of your choice.
In that case,lets do "hindi dwara urdu", it will remain off-limits to certain english only readers. I consider this more good than bad for now. The other benefit being I dont have to translate everything, many words can be used interchangeably.

Give me a few days for the preface and initial few pages of the kayada. I will continue to utilize imgur.com, if that is censored for someone, let me know. It is a new sort of project for me -- the last edited book (from which I receive no money, as usual) priced at USD650 or something per copy!

Lets see if we can create something meaningful here.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Shukriya sahib :)
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

If anyone can post the translations from http://ummat.epaper.pk it would be really helpful.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

From link ,
The well-oiled disinformation machinery was at work before the bodies of little children were even buried. Hafiz Saeed, the “mainstreamed” terrorist now posing as a religious leader, was out blaming India for the attack and vowing revenge. America, India and Israel were named as places for Allah’s wrath as Pakistan’s parade of jihadists met for a “memorial” service.
with mass-scale executions of convicted terrorists — none of whom would include men who attacked in India or Afghanistan.
But only the “bad” Taliban or TTP will be hunted for their sins because they dared to take on the state. The “good” Taliban, who kill Afghans and Indians, will be used as pieces in the lethal chess game of 2015. The same goes for the “good” Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Jamatud-Dawah, Haqqani Network and the rest of the dangerous zoo reared by the succession of generals.
A new addition to the army’s platoon in the US would be Maleeha Lodhi as Pakistan’s ambassador to the United Nations in New York. She is not Nawaz Sharif’s but Raheel Sharif’s choice.
America’s inducements multiply the swagger. And surely Musharraf is the most insufferable of the lot. He told the BBC’s Impact programme that “we have our own ways of dealing with Afghanistan”
Since the US combat mission in Afghanistan is ending, the time for the grab is near. By waiting out the Americans — whose perpetually confused policies on Afghanistan didn’t help — the Pakistan army is all set to try to force “strategic depth.”
So the Afghans must make a deal with men who kill their children, their soldiers and constantly threaten the country’s security. And pay obeisance to the likes of Musharraf. Nawaz Sharif’s foreign policy adviser and lately the dropper of “gems,” Sartaj Aziz, has said Taliban are Pakistan’s “historical friends.”
So this is pakis have started setting up the strategic depth already, while the world media looks the other way.

From another link, the link has pic NSFW
link
Afghan kids in Kunar massacred by Pakistani ISI supported Taliban where is world media?
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Rushing to Afghanistan to seek cooperation to get Mullah Fazlullah, the chief of terrorists’ staff, was a good move. It’s just that the Afghan Army Chief later explained that Fazlullah’s name did not even come to discussion. Understandable. If this name had come up a few other names from the good guys would have come out too.
What followed the tragedy was a collective national quest for blood and the appeasement of that public rage through another brilliant move.
http://nation.com.pk/columns/23-Dec-201 ... r-backyard
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

So Vikram Sood's assessment was on the dot.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec 2014

Post by Peregrine »

Full article posted on the I W T Tread

Chinese engineer among four killed in Neelum-Jhelum dam accident
Cheers Image
Naidu
BRFite

Post by Naidu »

Christine Fair getting explicit in the article:
As Pakistan’s nuclear umbrella expanded, it became increasingly confident that India would not retaliate, nor would the United States muster the requisite scrotal fortitude to deal appropriately with this twinned menace of nuclear weapons and terrorism.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

This war on terror should not go easy for Pakistan. So far it has been a smooth sail with minimum retaliation. Pakistan should face dire consequences from the bad terrorists and the population itself. It should be hard, murky and messy to get out of and be a long drawn out war. Otherwise Pak establishments will not learn anything. Pak army can toy with the strategy again in future as it can be shut down at will with minimum inconvenience and cost. Unfortunate to think that way. But that is the only way for hard lessons learned. The world had enough nonsense from pakistan till date.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

^^^ More and pure Malsi is the solution for all sectarian crises of Bakistan. Bakistan should only worry about external problems until it discovers true Malsi at its most distinct and pure form.

Let the peeling of the onion begin.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Naidu wrote:Christine Fair getting explicit in the article:
As Pakistan’s nuclear umbrella expanded, it became increasingly confident that India would not retaliate, nor would the United States muster the requisite scrotal fortitude to deal appropriately with this twinned menace of nuclear weapons and terrorism.
Scrotal fortitude, nice phrase. But, the US position, as described by Ms. Fair sounds hollow because it was the US that made Pakistan a nuclear power in spite of being fully aware of its duplicitous and difficult past. What enormous extents did the US go to ensure that Pakistan acquired nukes and their delivery mechanisms !
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the "Pakistani Role In Global Terrorism" thread.

Bloomsberg Businessweek on gangster turned pious Mohammadden Terrorist, Dawood Ibrahim, who is being sheltered in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan by “State Actors” of that country:

Pakistan’s Secret Guest: Why Neighbors Doubt Terrorism Fight
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from “Baluchistan: The Story of Another Pakistan Military Genocide” thread.

Exploitation of Baloch natural resources by the gluttonous Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Punjab Province causes great hardship to the exploited people of Balochistan.

Balochistan which is the principal natural gas producing province of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, gets no natural gas even as temperatures slump to minus 8 celsius:

No gas supply to Quetta on fifth day
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The entrepreneurs of violence - Vasundhara Sirnate, The Hindu

The author believes that Zerb-e-Azb is a true counterinsurgeny operation. I sent in my comments to disabuse her of that notion. Let us see if they are published.
Sudip
BRFite

Post by Sudip »

Rearranging the Subcontinent by Robert D Kaplan
What would a terminally diseased Pakistani state come to look like? It might see more feisty regionalism in the southern provinces of Balochistan and Sind, whose leaders told me on a trip through the area some years ago that they would prefer over time a closer relationship with New Delhi than with Islamabad. These are people who never accepted a strong Pakistani state to begin with and always advocated more federalism. With Balochistan and Sind moving closer to India, and the Afghanistan-Pakistan Pashtun border area in permanent disarray because of turmoil inside Afghanistan according to such a scenario, then a rump state of Greater Punjab might begin to emerge — again, denied for years by officials up until the point that it is undeniable.

Happy Christmas folks
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

As I before, Punjabi Subnationalism is Plan B for the Pakjabis, they will be asking for more cross border linkages to recreate the relationships with east Punjab and Kashmir.

Answer for India is to push for more linkages across Khokrapar-Munnbabao.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

So Kaplan and more Western voices have started voicing the inevitable....

Three-way breakup likely: Pashtunistan, W. Punjab & Sind / Baluchistan.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

SSridhar wrote: I have already posted the following before, but no harm in recalling.

Malik Ishaque was in jail until c. 2011 though he has been acquitted in 34 cases and given bail in the remaining 10 cases. He was released after the Ahl-e-Sunnat-wal-Jama’at (i.e., SSP) chief, Maulana Muhammad Ahmed Ludhianvi, a close ally of the PML-N, negotiated a secret deal with him on behalf of the Punjab Government. He spent 14 years facing charges related to murder and other terrorist acts. While in jail, he was given a stipend by the Punjab Government and also provided with a cellphone. He was set free in July 2011 but was detained under ‘house arrest’ which was only in name because he was freely moving about with impunity. The State has extended his detention in the ‘interests of public order’ under the ‘Maintenance of Public Order Ordinance’. However, on Jan. 20, 2012, the Review Board of the Lahore High Court refused to detain him any further under ‘house arrest’ and set him free. On the very same day, he was nominated in an FIR registered against his alleged involvement in the recent Khanpur blast killing 18 Shias. He has been accused in the 2002 kidnapping and murder of Daniel Pearl, twin assassination attempts on Gen. Musharraf in c. 2003, murder of the MQM MPA Raza Haider and the Mastung massacre and the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore on Mar. 3, 2009. After a series of attacks on Hazara Shi’as in Quetta (Jan 10, 2013 killing over 80, Feb. 16, 2013 killing nearly 100), Malik Ishaque was again arrested for giving ‘hate speech’ and again under ‘Maintenance of Public Order Ordinance’. In February 2014, the US State Department designated Malik Ishaque as a ‘global terrorist’.
Another couple of interesting facts about the fella. Even when he was in "Jail", he was specially flown in to negotiate with the GHQ attackers. Before that he was roped in by Mushy to negotiate with the Lal Masjid brothers.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Sudip wrote:Rearranging the Subcontinent by Robert D Kaplan
What would a terminally diseased Pakistani state come to look like? It might see more feisty regionalism in the southern provinces of Balochistan and Sind, whose leaders told me on a trip through the area some years ago that they would prefer over time a closer relationship with New Delhi than with Islamabad. These are people who never accepted a strong Pakistani state to begin with and always advocated more federalism. With Balochistan and Sind moving closer to India, and the Afghanistan-Pakistan Pashtun border area in permanent disarray because of turmoil inside Afghanistan according to such a scenario, then a rump state of Greater Punjab might begin to emerge — again, denied for years by officials up until the point that it is undeniable.

Happy Christmas folks
WTF? Why is Bihar in India couloured Brown out of the blue (or grey); what's going on? :-?
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

Why is Bihar and J & K shown as separate countries?
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

"Pakistan is not necessarily artificial" is an important point from the Kalpan article.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

>> Color code

As Kaplan says,
There was, too, the Kushan Empire, whose Indo-European rulers governed at times from what used to be Soviet Central Asia all the way to Bihar in northeastern India. And so it goes: For so much of history, there was simply no border between Afghanistan, Pakistan and the northern third of India — the heart of the Gangetic state.
Must be the old idea of Imperial Capital Pataliputra, centered in resource rich Bihar, and all that. The point he makes is "remainder one-third" of North India included Afghanistan and things in this large zone was.... fluid.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

^^^ Isn't it cute how the chinese occupied part is like Tibet now. The editor might not have published the article but for keeping china out of it. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Kaplan says: "The point is, nothing we see on the current map should be taken for granted or, for that matter, is particularly anchored in history."

In which part of the world is anything on the map "anchored in history"? Europe, Asia, US, Africa? Please let's have some examples here. What Kaplan in his slightly pompous manner is trying to say is that boundaries change often in history in our part of the world. What he leaves unsaid is that it is true of every other part of the world. What is evident even to a moron is that these changes happen when those powers controlling the borders are unable to hold them against powers seeking to expand theirs. So this is just an example of Kaplan resting on his reputation to state the obvious, i.e. the sun rises in the east.

Analysis with nothing to contribute except a map, which we can maybe use later for a bit of propagandu - if suitably edited.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Everyone who did a B.A. in History/Politics, from WBC Community School to Harvard University, wants to play Durand, Sykes & Pigot in Asia. :mrgreen: Kaplan ji is just one of the more well known ones, and he's all about multi-polar world, centrifugal forces within countries theselves, and "an always decentralized Indian Ocean".

PS: In "Monsoon" he says - in many aspects, China seeks to expand vertically and India OTOH attempts to expand horizontally. Quite a bit of gyaan right there.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

JEMJi, good points. When I read that articles last night, and I did so 2 times, I realized there was a hidden motive, or shall we say a hidden wish (and knowing that when it comes to foreign policy, there is a unity of purpose among whites) that the entire Indian subcontinent be fragmented. And the usual colonial pride, that but for the Brits, there was no sense of unity. What he also seems to be saying is that fragmentation is inevitable in unstable countries like TSP, but he also says that India might be a responsible state, but it too will get fragmented.