Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec

Post by A_Gupta »

1. "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill

Of course, we find the brilliance of Pakistani strategic thinking to be overwhelming. :D

2. When we look at what the Pakistani jihadis achieved in J&K, if I use "Call for Transnational Jihad Lashkar-e-Taiba 1985-2014" by Pakistani journalist Arif Jamal then

a. One goal was to ethnically cleanse the Kashmir Valley of Hindus (pretty much achieved).
b. Increase communal tensions and religious polarization in India (mixed results).
c. Destroy syncretic strands of Islam in J&K (e.g., destroy Sufi shrines) (mixed results).
d. Inflict disproportionate losses on Indian forces. (here, the LeT claim is that from 1990-2001 it killed 14,369 Indian soldiers for a loss of 1016 mujahideen. This number appears to be extracted from LeT literature.)
e. Extract J&K from India (failed).

Still perusing the book.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Curry Sahib haj certibied that Bakistan has acted against bad Terrorists. Hence eligible for curry langar.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Times are very reminiscent of the times following the Geneva Accord. The Kerry-Lugar-Berman Bill was akin to the Pressler Amendment. Both were drafted in Islamabad. Both were meant to deceive mango Americans into thinking that the US government was pristine in its efforts while the contrary was the objective. Both had similar provisions, Pakistan has to be certified by compliance at the highest levels of the administration every year. Both came in the second half of the marriage.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Oh I thought Half-is-suar Saeed kicked the bucket
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Gas pipeline blown up in Dera Bugti - DT
An eight inches diameter gas pipeline in Pirkoh gas field area of Dera Bugti district was blown up with explosive device on Monday.

According to Levies force, unidentified miscreants planted explosive devices with the gas pipeline which went off with big bang, and a huge fire broke out after the blast. Gas supply from well no 19 to Pirkoh plant was suspended after the blast. Local administration reached the site and cordoned off the entire area. Sources said that repair of the pipeline will be taken in hand once security agencies gave the clearance.

Meanwhile, the law enforcement agencies foiled another attempt to blast a 24 inches gaspipe lnein Mir Hasan police station jurisdiction in Nasirabad distrct. The forces defused the explosive bomb {I am so sorry that it did not go off. better luck next time, our Baloch friends} and started investigation.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

#Terrorboat incident: Someone posted this with a lot of confidence:
Since when did an explosion have white smoke? Curious to know that? The explosion from forward to aft in that boat indicates a boat rigged with lethal quantities of explosives to either blow on contact or has a remote controlled device for ignition on command from a certain radius. A spectrographic analysis of the explosion will indicate exact composition. Having handled various types of explosives for underwater ops and at TBRL Chandigarh test facility for warheads for the IN , I can confirm it is a blast of powerful TNT origin mixture like TGAG5 produced overseas.
Another interesting aspect about the boat house, didn't notice a Boat house in the pics. Was it meant to be sleek, with quarters below decks? Definitely something really suspicious. But can any expert confirm from the above statements if by pics/videos and spectral analysis we can confirm the nature of the explosives/ explosion? Also certainly fuel on board must have ignited too, so it would have that spectral signature too IMO.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

How Praveen Swami is used as cover by the Pakistanis:
http://www.dawn.com/news/1155054/eviden ... e-minister
While the defence minister insisted that the Pakistani boat had "terror links", he refused to "speculate" on the exact nature of cargo which was on the boat.

"I am not speculating that it had explosives. But their activities to my mind do not fit the description of smugglers. Circumstantial evidence points to suspected terror links," he said.

However, an earlier report on the Indian Express had said that the Pakistani vessel seemed to be on a routine smuggling trip when it was intercepted.
That earlier report is from Praveen Swami.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

A new Pakistani story comes to the fore - unity of the political parties after the Peshawar massacre will boost economic growth.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-0 ... fight.html
Pakistan’s central bank chief sees the country’s economic growth almost doubling to 8 percent as politicians unite to battle terrorism in the wake of a child massacre at an army-run school last month.

“I’m optimistic because this is the first time in many years that the political parties are struggling in unison to find solutions,” Ashraf Mahmood Wathra, 59, said on Jan. 2 at his wood-paneled Karachi office, his first interview since he was appointed in April as the third head of the State Bank of Pakistan in four years. “They seem to be very serious.”
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/biz/inside. ... onanalysis
Pakistan’s high growth and economic expansion will boost its business relations with the UAE and globally during fiscal-2015. The higher growth rate and business expansion forecast have been made this week by the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, Asian Development Bank and several other foreign analysts. These positive economic indicators are buoyed up by the fact that all political parties and the armed forces are now on the same page and the nation now stands united.

Pakistan has suffered an estimated loss of $102 billion and 60,000 civilian and 6,000 army deaths in 13 years of war against terror. As the national action plan against the terrorists goes into action and peace ushers in, losses are expected to be reduced. The business and economic relations with foreign countries, particularly with UAE, have a great potential as the latest economic forecast by the IMF indicated. It said, Pakistan’s GDP will rise to five per cent in the medium term, the highest in the last seven years, in FY-15. It will be “due mainly to easing fiscal adjustment and improvement in structural bottlenecks in the energy sector, public enterprises and the investment climate.”
Last edited by A_Gupta on 05 Jan 2015 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

A_Gupta wrote:How Praveen Swami is used as cover by the Pakistanis:
http://www.dawn.com/news/1155054/eviden ... e-minister
While the defence minister insisted that the Pakistani boat had "terror links", he refused to "speculate" on the exact nature of cargo which was on the boat.

"I am not speculating that it had explosives. But their activities to my mind do not fit the description of smugglers. Circumstantial evidence points to suspected terror links," he said.

However, an earlier report on the Indian Express had said that the Pakistani vessel seemed to be on a routine smuggling trip when it was intercepted.
That earlier report is from Praveen Swami.
As pankajs ji said Salma quotes Sabrina.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^ not my quote saar. I think it is MediaCrooks IIRC.

Now USSD, HRW, Amnesty international, Pak piss council of Londonistan, Kashmir council, *Taliban*, *Al-queeda*, etc will all quote IE to discredit the GOI just like the Bakis quote Doggy and his ilks to discredit yindoooooooos. That is the real impact of "Salma quotes Sabrina".

The real impact is felt when Sam starts quoting Salma(who in turn quotes Sabrina). By this time it becomes gospel and after that it is very hard to pin down the distortion.

Oh .. BTW once it gets the stamp of approval of USSD or US Human rights council (or some such shit) or HRW or AI you can work off you ass BUT you will not be able to correct the narrative. Just see the amount of propaganda that has come to be accepted as gospel on Gujarat.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

From that paki rag.
Pakistani vessel seemed to be on a routine smuggling trip when it was intercepted.
:rotfl:

It is possible that coast guard mistook a routine Pakistani smuggling trip as a routine Pakistani terrorist trip.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

All this pain cannot be for ONLY explosives. Sure they are hard to acquire but not impossible to replace. I get a feeling that some high value PIG got 72 and pakis weren't expecting.Must dig deeper.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

arun wrote:
srin wrote:And you have this farticle ...

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... smugglers/

........................... {Rest Snipped}..........................
So the Indian Express wants us to believe that the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is an oil rich sheikhdom awash in highly subsidised diesel which makes it profitable to smuggle diesel to India :roll: . The reality of course is that the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is no such thing and instead indulges in smuggling subsidised fuel from Iran or diverting duty free diesel transiting Pakistan to get to Afghanistan for which demand is so strong that it is completely consumed with Pakistan.

On top of that the Indian Express wants us to believe that Islamic Republic of Pakistan is either a large legal importer/producer of alcohol or surrounded by countries that are large importers/producers of alcohol :shock:. The reality of course is that obsession with Mohammaddenism :wink: has ensured Pakistan not to mention neighbours Iran and Afghanistan are not large legal importer/producer of alcohol making them unlikely sources for smuggling alcohol into India.

Talk of “small-time liquor and diesel smugglers” by Indian Express is illogical poppycock not in keeping with the ground situation about these two items.

Now if the Indian Express talked of this event as an effort to smuggle illicit opium based narcotics, forged Indian currency notes or the polio virus, its claim may have been given a more serious consideration. Needless to add smuggling in terrorists, arms and ammunition are the other mainstays that deserve serious consideration though that would destroy the Indian Expresses contention :wink: .

X Posted.

R. Jaganathan, the Editor-in-Chief of First Post, in an article titled “Pakistan terror boat: Why the smuggling theory doesn't hold weight”, debunks diesel and liquor smuggling theory peddled by indian Express as I have:

Pakistan terror boat: Why the smuggling theory doesn't hold weight

Meanwhile some of the general newspaper reading public are making their disgust about what Praveen Swami wrote in the Indian Express known.

Protest against journalist Praveen Swami for doubting India's claims over Pak 'terror boat'
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

pankajs wrote:^ not my quote saar. I think it is MediaCrooks IIRC.

Now USSD, HRW, Amnesty international, Pak piss council of Londonistan, Kashmir council, *Taliban*, *Al-queeda*, etc will all quote IE to discredit the GOI just like the Bakis quote Doggy and his ilks to discredit yindoooooooos. That is the real impact of "Salma quotes Sabrina".

The real impact is felt when Sam starts quoting Salma(who in turn quotes Sabrina). By this time it becomes gospel and after that it is very hard to pin down the distortion.

Oh .. BTW once it gets the stamp of approval of USSD or US Human rights council (or some such shit) or HRW or AI you can work off you ass BUT you will not be able to correct the narrative. Just see the amount of propaganda that has come to be accepted as gospel on Gujarat.
By the way, we have yet to know who all were in the mob that burned alive the kar-sevaks coach near Godhra station. Just for the record, even USA does not know only, nor has journalists from any country across the whole world bothered to inquire or investigate.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Anujan wrote:From that paki rag.
Pakistani vessel seemed to be on a routine smuggling trip when it was intercepted.
:rotfl:

It is possible that coast guard mistook a routine Pakistani smuggling trip as a routine Pakistani terrorist trip.
In all seriousness, it's remarkable how words can make it sound so safe and sanitised, so normal. Routine smuggling, a bit of routine murder, nothing to see here folks.

I'd tell those Bakistani journalists to shove a routine dildo up their Musharrafs, but I'm afraid they already do it routinely and would like it.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Parveen Swami dork will now become a martyr. Perhaps a good sponsorship awaits him at the Hudson institute for South Asian peace or some such crap. Have you guys seen Praveen Swami on TV? When he talks about Indian evidence, or Indian intelligence, he has this self-righteous, rationalist arrogance hair-splitting each and every bit of info that Indian army and intelligence put out in a pedantic style with a smug gotcha attitude. I mean, he more than anybody else ought to know that a rouge intelligence agency like ISI has many many bags of tricks, and in any case, any evidence India shows will be thrown into the dustbin. So what is this fool proof evidence BS that he is demanding? As an Indian, and knowing ISI mission, isn't the circumstantial evidence enough for a probing journalist like him to go and find out further instead of getting cheap publicity with US and TSP by conveniently citing some "unnamed" officials.

Also, as I recall seeing him on TV. When asked about Headley or Rana, and once again, as the doctor ordered, he will cite some official US BS on some web site and take the US position. When he himself knows that its up to the prosecution in US (or TSP) to file the appropriate charges, and pursue the case aggressively. These Praveen Swami like toadies truly believe that they are taking on some Goliath when it comes to India.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

harbans wrote:. But can any expert confirm from the above statements if by pics/videos and spectral analysis we can confirm the nature of the explosives/ explosion? Also certainly fuel on board must have ignited too, so it would have that spectral signature too IMO.
It is kind or routine and quite simple to analyse the fire with a combination of spectrometer (infrared and visual range) *very* accurately. Air-borne systems (routinely used even for forest fires) or even a satellite with suitable (relatively inexpensive) system can tell highly accurately the chemical composition / temperature etc. (Heck, if I did spectroscopy in gamma rays range - I can tell if there was any fission of nuclear bomb :) )

Indian coast guard (or any other interested party, if they have chance to observe the fire - even from far away like a satellite), can, and I am pretty sure do have the data, to precisely (with no doubt) tell what was (chemical elements) burning and how hot the various parts were; and thus the nature of the explosives.

FWIW: (Not an expert opinion below)

The red/orange glow is consistent with diesel (color of fire is same as "flame test" color - as chemistry student in my era (my son's era - people do spectral analysis and NMR :) ) used to perform in our chem labs.) but it is also consistent with other types. Some explosives, I know, will produce "hot" - more white flame...An expert who has dealt with these would, no doubt, have a pretty good guess even from the picture alone.) ... I will ask some experts.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

CRamS wrote:Parveen Swami dork will now become a martyr. Perhaps a good sponsorship awaits him at the Hudson institute for South Asian peace or some such crap. Have you guys seen Praveen Swami on TV? When he talks about Indian evidence, or Indian intelligence, he has this self-righteous, rationalist arrogance hair-splitting each and every bit of info that Indian army and intelligence put out in a pedantic style with a smug gotcha attitude. I mean, he more than anybody else ought to know that a rouge intelligence agency like ISI has many many bags of tricks, and in any case, any evidence India shows will be thrown into the dustbin. So what is this fool proof evidence BS that he is demanding? As an Indian, and knowing ISI mission, isn't the circumstantial evidence enough for a probing journalist like him to go and find out further instead of getting cheap publicity with US and TSP by conveniently citing some "unnamed" officials.

Also, as I recall seeing him on TV. When asked about Headley or Rana, and once again, as the doctor ordered, he will cite some official US BS on some web site and take the US position. When he himself knows that its up to the prosecution in US (or TSP) to file the appropriate charges, and pursue the case aggressively. These Praveen Swami like toadies truly believe that they are taking on some Goliath when it comes to India.
Praveen Swami is a long time stooge of the INC-babu nexus who is fed whatever rubbish they come up with, and he reports it without any fact checking whatsoever. He has a long record of baiting BJP led admin and the armed services. In recent years, as you say, he is angling for some gora chair, so is busy acting out such rubbish more openly.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

A_Gupta wrote:1. "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill

Of course, we find the brilliance of Pakistani strategic thinking to be overwhelming. :D

2. When we look at what the Pakistani jihadis achieved in J&K, if I use "Call for Transnational Jihad Lashkar-e-Taiba 1985-2014" by Pakistani journalist Arif Jamal then

a. One goal was to ethnically cleanse the Kashmir Valley of Hindus (pretty much achieved).
b. Increase communal tensions and religious polarization in India (mixed results).
c. Destroy syncretic strands of Islam in J&K (e.g., destroy Sufi shrines) (mixed results).
d. Inflict disproportionate losses on Indian forces. (here, the LeT claim is that from 1990-2001 it killed 14,369 Indian soldiers for a loss of 1016 mujahideen. This number appears to be extracted from LeT literature.)
e. Extract J&K from India (failed).

Still perusing the book.
the truth is probably they lost 14,639 of their cadre for a 1000 Indians. being what they are, they are congenital liars.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

There was a time when Praveen Swami was highly regarded in BR due to his supposed closeness with intelligence sources. When did the divergence begin?
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Praveen Swami and Ajai Shukla are just repeating what they were told by some ex babus in New Delhi -- check out the timeline of the turd "ambassador" KC Singh, who is one of the politically compromised IFS crowd, if you carefully follow his timeline. These journos are doing all their theorizing based on inputs from potentially politically compromised ex-bureaucrats who are probably in it for the money. No need to shoot the messenger -- these journos wouldn't have a job if they did not regurgitate faithfully what was planted in their ear by their connections in the babucracy/ex-babu-cracy.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

prahaar wrote:There was a time when Praveen Swami was highly regarded in BR due to his supposed closeness with intelligence sources. When did the divergence begin?
we figured out a long time back he was compromised. guy is basically angling for some international position as an "expert on alQ" / Islamist terror, whilst in reality always doing an "==" between LeT and RSS etc. he is tailoring his message likewise. like guha he will land himself some position in some western think tank and propgandize against current GOI.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

U.S. Denies Turkey Leftover Warships

It seem Pakis are no more darlings to US. You may ask, why US is wasting money on Paki aid. Then, why we build our septic tank (that holds our shit) with walls and cement it, its the same reason I think.
In late December, the U.S. finally approved the long-delayed handover of six naval frigates to Mexico and Taiwan. But the bill passed Congress only after Turkey (along with Pakistan and Thailand) were eliminated as potential recipients, for a variety of political reasons.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Please watch UnDy TV with b!tch Nidhi Razdan. I mean what has come to India, where you have smug scum bags like her, Praveen Swami, some Cong chutiya and a f(king Paki take on BJP under the guise of asking questions. Why should a bloody Paki be on a discussion involving India's affairs?

For those who want to see a smug arse hole Praveen Swami is, just look at that interview and see Praveen Sawmi smirk at Sambit Patra. Just witness him pompously castigate Sambit Patra for being "condescending" to the Paki RAPE who had the audacity to talk about "Indian aggression". Swami was even mocking Indian army and BSF by saying their firing has not stopped TSP.

I mean is India even a nation anymore? The day is not far off when you have a p!ss process involving TSP/Cong/AAP etc on one side, and BJP on the other.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

TuvaluanJi, where is Ajai Shukla's take on this. Of late I see him also singing TSP and US tune. Perhaps as a former Indian army veteran, he is a useful idiot for some US think tank to hire him.
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

CRamS wrote:Please watch UnDy TV with b!tch Nidhi Razdan. I mean what has come to India, where you have smug scum bags like her, Praveen Swami, some Cong chutiya and a f(king Paki take on BJP under the guise of asking questions. Why should a bloody Paki be on a discussion involving India's affairs?

For those who want to see a smug arse hole Praveen Swami is, just look at that interview and see Praveen Sawmi smirk at Sambit Patra. Just witness him pompously castigate Sambit Patra for being "condescending" to the Paki RAPE who had the audacity to talk about "Indian aggression". Swami was even mocking Indian army and BSF by saying their firing has not stopped TSP.

I mean is India even a nation anymore? The day is not far off when you have a p!ss process involving TSP/Cong/AAP etc on one side, and BJP on the other.
Lets hope that more aam aadmis see the true nature of the congis
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

CRamS, Ajai Shukla is singing the same tune as swami -- will post link...can't find it handy now. In any case, the larger point is that there is information asymmetry between the people in the government and those not in it anymore, including retired babus and ambassadors and whatnots. The Indian govt. has other reasons for not wanting to correct the nonsense in the Indian media, simply because any response will reveal more information about what they know and are not willing to reveal. None of the people in government have stated anything more than terrorists being a possibility -- the paki mofos in the boat are now swimming with the fishes and providing them lunch, so this is just another successful op against the pakis which made it to the news. Who gives a twat what Praveen "Grandmother crossed the LoC and triggered cross border firing" Swami has to say on this? This won't be the last time we will see his diarrheoa splashed on the front page of the Hindu...so best not to blow a gasket and have a coronary on such trivialities.

Here's the link:
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.ca/2015/01/t ... inger.html

The entire basis for fool's blogpost is this:
The MoD does not mention that the navy, the nodal agency for coastal security, entirely ignored the alert, assessing that it related to low-grade smuggling, not terrorism. The Coast Guard, however, launched an operation.
Different arms of the agencies are allowed to take different decisions based on the same input -- this is actually a good thing.
It remains unclear why the Coast Guard ship, capable of moving at 24-26 knots (44-48 kmph) needed to pursue a slow-moving fishing boat for an hour. Nonetheless, it managed to stop the boat “after firing warning shots”.
The boat stopped on its own after firing warning shots, and it did not cooperate with the coast guard. What makes this ajai shukla so cock sure that the boat would not have denotated itself and damaged the coast guard if any attempt was made to board the ship? Does AShukla think the lives of the CG personnel are cheap? In the absence of any information on what the people in the ship are upto, it makes perfect sense to wait them out or otherwise approach the boat with caution -- the coast guard could have clearly blown up that fishing boat anytime it wanted in the 23 hours it trailed the boat at close range.

The question for me is which bunch of mofos in India are feeding this disinformation to these journos with the intent of embarrassing the government. The UPA scumbags have always played politics with national security, so it would not be surprising that they (or their minions in the babucracy) are doing the same now they are out of power.
Naval officers tell Business Standard the yellow-red flames in the photographs suggest a typical diesel fuel fire. It would have been extremely difficult for the crew to set alight diesel, which does not burn easily. “It seems more likely that the warning shots hit the boat, setting the diesel alight,” says a retired admiral.
Assuming this quote is not a fabrication from Ajai Shukla's less than fertile imagination, this moron who calls himself a retired admiral is assuming that there was nothing on board that fishing boat to ignite the diesel...how did this genius figure that out in the absence of any publicly available information? Furthermore, how come Ajai Shukla did not think it necessary to question this assumption before proceeding to cast insinuations on all and sundry? Seems to have the same level of analytical reasoning as Ajai Shukla himself.

MoD officials also claim there were Pakistani communication intercepts, ordering the fishing boat’s crew to “end the mission”. If that meant sinking the boat and committing suicide, why did the crew set the boat alight rather than detonating the explosives on board, choosing a slow and painful end over a swift explosion.
So perhaps Ajai Shukla speaks from deep experience of being a soosai terrorist that he personally knows the level of pain associated with each kind of death?

It is just as likely that the boatmen shot themselves before blowing up the ship. Why take imbeciles like Ajai Shukla seriously, people? Clearly the fool cannot reason his way out of a paper bag and yet the likes of him and Praveen Swami have caused a lot of hearburn, blown gaskets and meltdowns among the news reading public.

Anyway, the defence minister has stated that an official report on this will be out shortly. best to wait and read what that has to say.
Last edited by Tuvaluan on 06 Jan 2015 01:04, edited 2 times in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Amber G. wrote:
harbans wrote:. But can any expert confirm from the above statements if by pics/videos and spectral analysis we can confirm the nature of the explosives/ explosion? Also certainly fuel on board must have ignited too, so it would have that spectral signature too IMO.
It is kind or routine and quite simple to analyse the fire with a combination of spectrometer (infrared and visual range) *very* accurately. Air-borne systems (routinely used even for forest fires) or even a satellite with suitable (relatively inexpensive) system can tell highly accurately the chemical composition / temperature etc. (Heck, if I did spectroscopy in gamma rays range - I can tell if there was any fission of nuclear bomb :) )

Indian coast guard (or any other interested party, if they have chance to observe the fire - even from far away like a satellite), can, and I am pretty sure do have the data, to precisely (with no doubt) tell what was (chemical elements) burning and how hot the various parts were; and thus the nature of the explosives.

FWIW: (Not an expert opinion below)

The red/orange glow is consistent with diesel (color of fire is same as "flame test" color - as chemistry student in my era (my son's era - people do spectral analysis and NMR :) ) used to perform in our chem labs.) but it is also consistent with other types. Some explosives, I know, will produce "hot" - more white flame...An expert who has dealt with these would, no doubt, have a pretty good guess even from the picture alone.) ... I will ask some experts.
Ah, those color tests! I always had problem recognizing the colors and the lecturers were of no help as they did not understand my problem. Only later when I was selected to the IPS and disqualified because of color blindness I realized the problem. Anyway, but for that I might have become an IGP in India instead of ending up in the USA!
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

kmkraoind wrote:U.S. Denies Turkey Leftover Warships

It seem Pakis are no more darlings to US. You may ask, why US is wasting money on Paki aid. Then, why we build our septic tank (that holds our shit) with walls and cement it, its the same reason I think.
In late December, the U.S. finally approved the long-delayed handover of six naval frigates to Mexico and Taiwan. But the bill passed Congress only after Turkey (along with Pakistan and Thailand) were eliminated as potential recipients, for a variety of political reasons.
But they did give atleast one Perry class frigate to Pakis.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

CRamS, I agree completely on what u're saying. This is the classic definition of a banana republic. The foundations of Indian media are not Indian. They are not even pretending to be Indian. I'll take an Arnab ("the nation wants to know") any day over these namak-haram traitors.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

Tuvaluan wrote:CRamS, Ajai Shukla is singing the same tune as swami -- will post link...can't find it handy now.
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.co.uk/2015/0 ... inger.html
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

CRamS wrote:I mean is India even a nation anymore? The day is not far off when you have a p!ss process involving TSP/Cong/AAP etc on one side, and BJP on the other.
This reminds me of an article I read a while back (I think 2008). Jim Rogers had predicted that india would break up in 30-40 years. I had laughed it off at the time, but the way things are going, I'm not sure if that can be taken as a joke anymore. INC, pAAPis and the anti-national media are doing everything they can to undermine national integrity.

Code: Select all

Yes, India is changing and growing. There will certainly be more opportunities and excitement of every kind as the middle class continues to develop. India will be fascinating over the next couple of decades, but be careful of the longer term. India really is not a rational country. The English mushed India together in the panic of independence in 1947, but little heed was given to ethnic, religious, linguistic, historic, national, or geographic considerations which is one reason India has had problems with every one of its neighbors since. India as we know it will not survive another 30 or 40 years. This of course does not have to end in disaster, but it probably will given the chauvinism of its government and the way history has always worked.
http://www.jimrogers.com/content/storie ... india.html
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

CRamS wrote: I mean is India even a nation anymore? The day is not far off when you have a p!ss process involving TSP/Cong/AAP etc on one side, and BJP on the other.
Are you judging India by these scumbags!! :) Do you really believe their audience is common man and whatever is happening there is for the benefit of common man? Tell you, if you can't pity them then dont watch or read them. But dont get hyper or nervous. They are nothing. For thousands of years Bharat has seen even bigger rats than these. We all will live happily ever after. Dont worry. :D
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1155073/aamir- ... n-pakistan
Aamir Khan's 'PK' thrives in his homeland Pakistan
Speaking to Dawn about the success of PK which is expected to cross Rs15 crore in Pakistan, Manager Marketing from Distributor Club (PVT) Ltd, Hassaan Rizvi said, “The primary reasons for PK’s success are Rajkumar Hirani and Aamir Khan.""Perhaps another reason might be that the film has presented Pakistan in a positive light. Also, many people are coming because of word-of-mouth—for instance if one person watches the film, he is returning with two to three more people to view it again,” he added.Cinema goers in Karachi are well-impressed with Aamir Khan's loveable depiction of the unaware, inquisitive alien."I watched the film three times," says one fan, Anum. "Firstly because it has Aamir Khan and secondly it addresses the theist question in such an effective manner. With religious extremism on the rise in both India and Pakistan, PK is an excellent film that deals with such pressing issues," she says."PK is intelligent and funny. While people are calling it preachy, I'd beg to differ because I didn't feel any imposition in the film. And yes I would see it again," comments Qurat-ul-Ain.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I don;t understand why Aamir Khan is only being villified, but not the Product and Director who are both Hindus.

A Paki (in the movie) getting to do chumma chaati with a Hindu ladki (look! We stole your wimmens!) is probably another big reason. Pakis love that.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Shonu, that was a rubbish quote by whoever that guy is.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec 2014

Post by Peregrine »

Ceasefire violation: Four civillians killed as Indian aggression shows no sign of abating

ISLAMABAD: Heavy Indian shelling along the working boundary in Sialkot on Monday evening left at least four Pakistanis, inlcuding a woman, dead.
As many as four people were also injured in Indian firing in Sukhmaal, Bheke Chak and Bhurey Chak villages in Zafarwal and Shakargarh sectors. Meanwhile, retaliatory fire from Rangers killed at least one Indian soldier.
According to the ISPR, Azeem, 18, from Bore Chak and a woman from Sukhmal village in Zafarwal sector were killed before two more civillians were killed as Indian firing continued late into the night.
Pakistani troops are befittingly responding to the Indian aggression and targeting the BSF positions from where are firing on Pakistani territory. One Indian soldier was reportedly killed due to Pakistani firing.
Reports suggest the exchange of gunfire is still going on.
This is the sixth time in the past six days that Indian troops have targeted civilian population along the working boundary.
Indian troops have reportedly suffered heavy losses in the exchange of fire, said ISPR.
Cheers Image