India's R&D in Defence DRDO, PSUs and Private Sector

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
geeth
BRFite

Re: India's R&D in Defence DRDO, PSUs and Private Sector

Post by geeth »

Folks, how do you all know what the terms are.for extending his contract? May be there is a clause that his contract will be terminated at anytime at short notice..once they find a suitable replacement? The termination was decided by cabinet committee on appointments after due process. I am sure even AC would have been sounded out about it. MSM claimed Parrikar did not know..now he says he knew. And this so called "sacking" is on 31 Jan 2015- a good two weeks from now. How about another "sacking" of the ISRO chief? Why these chest beating wailing crowd were silent then?

People have nothing else to do except cribbing perennially.

only other possibility is that he had done something against the interest of the country.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Bakwas,
GoI has handled it the best way it could have been.

Mods,
You people have to do something about this nonsense. Saare mulleh Namaz-e-janaza-e-gayab padhne aa gaye hain.

Somebody is targeting DRDO from within, from without (for sure) ostensibly on administrative issues (Scams) and that implies that there is a real risk around these things of ruining the lives of our scientists and establishments by even more cynical people and foreign black budgeted entities. Anybody who has a net connection and a little brains will find the accusations on the net. BARC guy is sought because he is the only one who can be blindly believed that nothing important ends up compromised.

An attempt to stigmatize the ICG-IN-GoI interface was made just sometime back and Shooklaw was there, in this case too, on Undie tv, upto no good, as usual, speculating more furiously than a eunuch demanding alms. Aroor and others in MSM are also doing it. I am sure the Indian Defence Journalist Community would begin posting on this thing too.

AC himself is most likely thankful for the way GoI has handled this. GoI itself has admitted/accused nothing. Probably the reason AC himself is saying nothing and only the Congis circus and known dickheads, are raising the ruckus.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

bakwas or not, GoI has every right to tell the truth ahead if it is not hampering the security of the nation.

hiding info to public is more bakwas than any other nonsense and CTs. CTs does not necessarily mean negative. If I am allowing a ruckus to happen, means I have a weakness and exposed clear!
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

ravi_g wrote:Bakwas,
GoI has handled it the best way it could have been.
Mods,
You people have to do something about this nonsense. Saare mulleh Namaz-e-janaza-e-gayab padhne aa gaye hain.
Normally I wouldn't responded to you but I had to this time. There is a growing tendency on this forum to label people and attack them - ad hominem - instead of coming up with rational and objective posts. You sadly are an example of this. Are you suggesting the posts be limited and censored by your liking? Is it nonsense if people disagree with actions of your (and mine BTW) favorite political party? Sadly as much as I disagree with PS, I feel the hastag #bananarepublic is appropriate for your post.
AC himself is most likely thankful for the way GoI has handled this. GoI itself has admitted/accused nothing. Probably the reason AC himself is saying nothing and only the Congis circus and known dickheads, are raising the ruckus.
Yes - Great insight there on AC. fascinating !!
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

^^Govt need to inform public only if it is necessary. Why should the public know when the Govt of the day decides otherwise and cares a damn about what the public thinks of it in this particular incident?
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

SaiK wrote:bakwas or not, GoI has every right [perhaps - 'duty'] to tell the truth ahead if it is not hampering the security of the nation.

hiding info to public is more bakwas than any other nonsense and CTs. CTs does not necessarily mean negative. If I am allowing a ruckus to happen, means I have a weakness and exposed clear!
Sorry but no GoI owes you protection and honest work. There are mechanisms to keep a check on GoI and they do not bear any duty to reveal anything to anybody except these mechanisms. Have you seen any adverse reports from such mechanisms. You don't like it, take the GoI to court. Even trash GoI if you feel like on SM/MSM but you cannot put words in the mouth of people who are not there and may themselves be targeted.

Did AC ask for any clarification. Did DM ask for any clarification, Did the courts say anything. Who said - Indian defence journalist community did, MSM that is known to be congi supported did.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Govt needs to inform people because this govt was elected by people. Next, one cant throw a senior person who has dedicated his life to the defence of India under a bus, so much that even he doesnt know whats going on, leak it to the press and then casually justify it as "i wanted somebody younger" etc. This is the VK Singh case all over again in terms of mishandling, even if that case was more full of intrigue and what not.

A clueless GOI /MOD/RM hemming and hawing over a decision and justifying it by semantics. If AC was a UPA appointee then why was his extension cleared in Nov 2013??

That too, when there is no clear detail about who will replace AC in the role. BJP spokespersons are busy doing FUD - xyz complained, young is great/future etc, but this was handled disgracefully.

If they wanted AC to leave, then it was their prerogative but it should have been handled better.

current GOI, Parrikar et all were elected to be better than the prior bunch of numbskulls. Not be the same. So far, they seem to be proceeding on the same lines. Blaming it on babus is the easy way out.

Before GOI announces, you have babus and PMO chamchas already leaking stuff to the press and breathlessly announcing stuff. This is the sort of leak proof dispensation we are told is will be different.

First, Jaitley and the VKS-Dalbir Singh drama, now this.
Last edited by Karan M on 14 Jan 2015 20:11, edited 2 times in total.
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

geeth wrote:^^Govt need to inform public only if it is necessary. Why should the public know when the Govt of the day decides otherwise and cares a damn about what the public thinks of it in this particular incident?
The GoI can act like govt with mature people in charge. In a democracy, unfortunately the govt has to care more a damn about the public and keeping it informed on its actions. It may choose not to but then the way democracy works, the govt may not needing to inform the public in a few years.

Please read my earlier posts for what I think if you want to.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

HKumar wrote:Normally I wouldn't responded to you but I had to this time.
Well what can I say. I am honoured and a bit ashamed by the attention.
HKumar wrote:There is a growing tendency on this forum to label people and attack them - ad hominem - instead of coming up with rational and objective posts. You sadly are an example of this. Are you suggesting the posts be limited and censored by your liking? Is it nonsense if people disagree with actions of your (and mine BTW) favorite political party? Sadly as much as I disagree with PS, I feel the hastag #bananarepublic is appropriate for your post.

hastag #bananarepublic what is that about. Do educate us about what is the content of it.

This has nothing to do with the favorite political party unless you want to bring in your own favourite edgewise.

There is no mention of sacking in the GoI order. If you want to see a sacking I wonder why would you.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Karan M wrote:Govt needs to inform people because this govt was elected by people.
Yes elected not selected. There is no contract of employment. No individual or even a bunch (except the full 125 crore) can come and start taking over what they themselves have handed over to authorities they themselves swear by.
Karan M wrote: Next, one cant throw a senior person who has dedicated his life to the defence of India under a bus and then casually justify it as "i wanted somebody younger" etc. This is the VK Singh case all over again in terms of mishandling, even if that case was more full of intrigue and what not.

A clueless GOI /MOD/RM hemming and hawing over a decision and justifying it by semantics. If AC was a UPA appointee then why was his extension cleared in Nov 2013??
DM also said he was not in the loop and wanting somebody younger is entirely possible as a rationale. We can discuss that in the OT.

But have you checked out the simple due diligence that needs to be done and that google chacha has enabled us to. Did you see the fire reports and the FOI PIL type requirements. Unless you do that you will never be able to see if its real or its just another Nambi Narayan like nonsense being foisted. An investigation is needed and in time lets see if its done. If not then we raise it as an issue.

GoI/MOD/RM will go by the rule book and they did exactly that.

Karan M wrote:That too, when there is no clear detail about who will replace AC in the role. BJP spokespersons are busy doing FUD - xyz complained, young is great/future etc, but this was handled disgracefully.

If they wanted AC to leave, then it was their prerogative but it should have been handled better.

current GOI, Parrikar et all were elected to be better than the prior bunch of numbskulls. Not be the same. So far, they seem to be proceeding on the same lines. Blaming it on babus is the easy way out.

Before GOI announces, you have babus and PMO chamchas already leaking stuff to the press and breathlessly announcing stuff. This is the sort of leak proof dispensation we are told is will be different.

First, Jaitley and the VKS-Dalbir Singh drama, now this.
That is the whole point of making quick clean cut decisions which is what it is.

As for BJP well yes they may have bungled. Cannot disagree.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Govt is well within its power to end contractual appointment given to Avinash Chander. He was holding the post of Secy to GOI Defence Research, DG DRDO and Scientific Adviser to MOD.He was given extension till the age of 64 and then another two years on contract. His extension ended in November when he attained 64 yrs. Thereafter he was automatically continued on contract. All contractual appointments has clause to end it before its due.

This order was issued by UPA govt. That shows that this was designed in a unique way.

One can not attribute all credit for Missile Development to one man alone. It is a team work and if it is considered successful then naturally there are others who would have contributed significantly and hoping for promotions etc. However , continuing on contract is not a desirable state of affairs.

If his services are so much essential that no one else can do missile development then he could be rehired as consultant or Adviser or in some such capacity.
Chander, 64 — known as the Agni man — was appointed as DRDO chief in June 2013 for a period of three years — till May 2016. A DoPT order dated May 31, 2013 had said, “The appointment beyond his date of retirement i.e 30.11.2014 would be on contract basis.” -
Now why would UPA govt wanted to forestall a decision post his retirement wanted to continue his till May 2016. No UPA decision is above board or should be left without question or critical scrutiny. Govt of the day has right to take a decision and it has done so.
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

^^The problem with you people are, first you think that the Govt has behaved irresponsibly, and try to find motives behind the move. Why cant you people think logically? Why should a Govt who gave 18 months extension to its top scientist terminate his service abruptly unless there are some serious issues? What if his position is ompromised which was not known at the time of extension? What if some friendly country tipped off the Govt? Why did they postpone the Agni 5 missile launch? Is there any connection?

Suppose above CT is true..Then isn't the Govt easing him out in the most graceful way. By revealing the secret or arresting him, won't it be humiliating him and what would be the morale of the organisation he is heading?

Think before you type. Just because you guys don't like what has happened doen't mean Govt is acting irresponsibly. That too a Govt which respects and give maximum recognition to the scientific community.

And another incident that comes to mind is SACKING of Madhavan Nair. THAT was a real sacking.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I suspect this was an inside work of the the old C system. How about the process to replace AC was taken (for whatever reason), and at this point of time, this was to be secret (as it is at cabinet sec level). AC informed formally (he may have been sounded informally before, if the parting was on mutual consent) on 1/12 or 1/13. Then he or whoever (whatever the SOP is) announces that AC leaving on 1/31. Someone from the Old C system (or genuine mistake/ incompetence) leads to this breaking news. Please remember, secret letters from AD etc to Cab sec have been published in India today. So the system still in compromised.
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

ravi_g wrote:
HKumar wrote:Normally I wouldn't responded to you but I had to this time.
Well what can I say. I am honoured and a bit ashamed by the attention.
HKumar wrote:There is a growing tendency on this forum to label people and attack them - ad hominem - instead of coming up with rational and objective posts. You sadly are an example of this. Are you suggesting the posts be limited and censored by your liking? Is it nonsense if people disagree with actions of your (and mine BTW) favorite political party? Sadly as much as I disagree with PS, I feel the hastag #bananarepublic is appropriate for your post.

hastag #bananarepublic what is that about. Do educate us about what is the content of it.

This has nothing to do with the favorite political party unless you want to bring in your own favourite edgewise.

There is no mention of sacking in the GoI order. If you want to see a sacking I wonder why would you.

It was not personally directed (even if it sounded like it did ) at you but yes - you shouldn't be proud of that post of yours. Since you guys seem to prefer seeing only positive spins - I would rather wait for more fascinating insights in GoI decision making , the DRDO and AC and his 'alleged' mistakes and information sharing in a democracy. If you wish, we can continue the insights in humor section or the positive news only section.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

From confirming the extension of Shri Avinash Chander to
Saurav Jha @SJha1618 · 12h 12 hours ago

But putting something up on DOPT, then pulling it drown without even informing the said person is not the best way to do this.
and
Asked if the sudden termination of Chander without informing him was right, Parrikar said, "I also got the information from you, from paper and TV".
Thorough "professionalism" all the way :roll:

On second thoughts this might have been handiwork of some congi IAS trojan horse who put up the info about Shri Chander's termination of contract before time on the DoPT website. The decision might have been made and Shri Chander was to be told about the same but congi stooge struck and GoI has egg on it's face now. Well can't say Modi doesn't deserve it, he should have take care of trojans by now.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Yup, egg on the face all the way, unnecessarily humiliating the individual and completely graceless behavior. Then ipso facto justifications without being able to control the message. C-System conspiracy or not, its a failure from the MOD.

meanwhile:
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/a-day ... rdo-648744
A Day After Being Sacked, Business As Usual for Avinash Chander at DRDO

New Delhi: A day after he was sacked, it was, strangely, work as usual for Dr Avinash Chander.

Not only did he attend each and every scheduled meeting, he made it clear that he would not be distracted by reports that he was no longer needed until he received a formal copy of the government notice, uploaded on the Department of Personnel and Training website.

Dr Chander was not in denial. Sources close to him said that he was only doing his job and would continue to do so until his contract ended.
This is the way Dr Chander has operated for more than four decades in the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), buried in work.
Sad to say but the new GOI/MOD needs to get its act together. Hope we dont get any more Vishnu Bhagwat cases under this new NDA.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I were Modi, I would epect MoD to clear all public doubts in one clear and precise statement. This issue is putting him to shame!
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Very disgraceful and inept handling.
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

sunilUpa wrote:Very disgraceful and inept handling.
I would only agree to inept handling and not disgraceful as GOI and Contract workers (who ever it might be) is a different case.

Rest is MSM frenzy and backlash after CG episode. (no more to say in this regard)
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

SaiK wrote:I were Modi, I would epect MoD to clear all public doubts in one clear and precise statement. This issue is putting him to shame!
already been done by DM, what are the doubts left? (At this position contract workers are not desired, who so ever it might be, the Cong govt should have enough sight and vision to make sure no contract workers are kept at this level) (my thought no more to add to it)
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

Karan M wrote:Yup, egg on the face all the way, unnecessarily humiliating the individual and completely graceless behavior. Then ipso facto justifications without being able to control the message. C-System conspiracy or not, its a failure from the MOD.

meanwhile:
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/a-day ... rdo-648744
A Day After Being Sacked, Business As Usual for Avinash Chander at DRDO

New Delhi: A day after he was sacked, it was, strangely, work as usual for Dr Avinash Chander.

Not only did he attend each and every scheduled meeting, he made it clear that he would not be distracted by reports that he was no longer needed until he received a formal copy of the government notice, uploaded on the Department of Personnel and Training website.

Dr Chander was not in denial. Sources close to him said that he was only doing his job and would continue to do so until his contract ended.
This is the way Dr Chander has operated for more than four decades in the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), buried in work.
Sad to say but the new GOI/MOD needs to get its act together. Hope we dont get any more Vishnu Bhagwat cases under this new NDA.
classic case of MSM getting back at GOI. Dont read more to it.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

It is continuation of the Peaceful Smugglers reporting tactics. Please ignore.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

HKumar wrote:absolutely shameful behavior on part of RM Parrikar and PM Modi. The man - Avinash Chander has worked his entire career for the country more than Modi and Parrikar's political career put together. Its downright pathetic that the RM had no clue this was going down. He made a good attempt of taking fire for the PM but this stinks on many levels - no communication between PM and RM, bungling babus, inflated egos in not acknowledging the service of this man, plain clumsiness and incompetance. More disgusting are spins and govt fed reports from media ('sources say') that tarnish the man's reputation.

Parrikar wants a 'slightly' younger man than AC - So much for young blood. its 'slightly younger' blood.

If they wanted him to go - they could selected a 'slightly younger' leader, told AC in person, written an appreciation letter and sent him home. He would been unhappy about it wouldn't have disgraced the man and PO-ed the staff and country ( at least the ones who appreciate his contribution)

@writetake is reporting that Missile Complex folks have written to PM expressing their unhappiness over the sacking....
Sometimes we do not know the details and jump at the first step to castigate RM and PM. They have not done shameful behaviour in the past, so why now?

If CT were to given, here are my CTs

1. Did Sri Chander by mistake fell into a trap and inadvertently spilled some secrets that might have hurt or embarrassed India? He is human after all! Remember his kids are in US.

2. Or was it the Babudom out to embarrass both the RM and PM? Wheels within wheels?

3. Or was it that Sri Chander got his extension instead of V. K. Saraswat due to the UPeeA regime and was seen cozy with UPeeA?

Any or all of the above?

Also we talk of govt. fed reports to #mediapimps - I will like to highlight Sunanda's case - even before her body was cold, #mediapimps published stories of how she committed suicide since she was suffering from - Lupus!!

So when Sitaram Yechury starts batting for Sri Chander, you do wonder why.
Last edited by Indranil on 14 Jan 2015 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You are going too far with your theories.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

GOI has eggs on its face, it was put there by the MSM. We all know that MSM in India are the pillars of honesty, integrity and objectivity.
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

this also shows there is a leak..... GOI better plug the leak...

I dont think there was any intention of GOI per say, only thing some one leaked it before it got to AC, so now we see this.

being sarcastic this helps new GOI to find the leak points.. (just my thought)
Last edited by d_berwal on 14 Jan 2015 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I subscribe to the poster who felt that the problem was with the web site admin. The decision to terminate was made and that seems OK. The problem seems to be with prematurely uploading of the info to the web site. IF it had not been uploaded would there have been an issue?

I have no clue how Parrikar got to know through the media. Is he not part of the team that made the decision?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

pandyan wrote:fired to bring younger people...that is called discrimination against experienced and 50+ scientists. I guess they have to fend for themselves with some back plan....never know when they will be considered too old to continue.
Not for employees on contract who are beyond retirement age. In general and not in particular to this case - In fact, if you continue to hang on to the old'ies (anybody say beyond 65 where the official age of retirement is 62) - a valid case of "age discrimination" (against the young) can be also applied.
Will
BRFite

Post by Will »

This is no way to treat he senior scientist who has worked hard for the nation. If they wanted someone younger ask him to resign and give him an honourable way out. This stinks.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

If you want to not keep the guy because of age, dont give an extension in nov. and then withdraw it in 4 months. its inept handling.
and then for parrikar to say a) hey guys, beats me, saw it on tv and then b ) hey i know about it, it was age!! is just plain weird. left hand, right hand and all that.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Sagar G wrote:
Asked if the sudden termination of Chander without informing him was right, Parrikar said, "I also got the information from you, from paper and TV".
Thorough "professionalism" all the way :roll:

On second thoughts this might have been handiwork of some congi IAS trojan horse who put up the info about Shri Chander's termination of contract before time on the DoPT website. The decision might have been made and Shri Chander was to be told about the same but congi stooge struck and GoI has egg on it's face now. Well can't say Modi doesn't deserve it, he should have take care of trojans by now.
I think the RM Parrikar responded just as well knowing that there are many other things under the tip of iceberg. He told the truth that he knew about the [termination posting on the website] from paper and TV :-)

Now CongI IAS trojan horses do not go with any of the words "CongI", "Trojan" or "Horse" written on their foreheads. How do you identify one?

To another poster, if there is no leak - how do you identify there will be a leak?

Let DDM climb up the mountain and make a case for Sri Chander. There will be some murmuring in scientific community - but if they feel genuine about Sri Chander - then DRDO scientists can go on a hartaal.

My thinking - Sri Chander (maybe wrongfully) got closely identified with UPeeA regime (remember Dr. Saraswat was not given the same kind of extensions by the UPeeA and the current Modi Sarkar incorporated him in NITI Ayog).
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

^^ Will

obviously it stinks as MSM wants it to stink and stink bad.

but technically no sacking took place only termination of contract.

(would you want somebody on contract to Head IA or Navy or AF or DRDO or ISRO...... etc... at-least this govt corrected the situation, the mess was created by congg and MSM it geting back at GOI)
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Karan M wrote:If you want to not keep the guy because of age, dont give an extension in nov. and then withdraw it in 4 months. its inept handling.
and then for parrikar to say a) hey guys, beats me, saw it on tv and then b ) hey i know about it, it was age!! is just plain weird. left hand, right hand and all that.
It is a post-retirement contract not a confirmed employment position. Sometimes it is prudent to give a long term contract with termination at will clause - since you want some continuity till a suitable replacement is found.

Funny thing here is why Sri Chander got so long contracts from the CONgi sarkar but did not see such kindly treatment to Dr. Saraswat or to Dr. Kalam?

And generally running the entire DRDO by a contractor - that concept only stinks! Glad that GOI corrected it.
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

Karan M wrote:If you want to not keep the guy because of age, dont give an extension in nov. and then withdraw it in 4 months. its inept handling.
sounding more like CJ....

The new DM was is just taking charge and shaping things for future, why you wanna support contract culture at this level.

as per your logic VK should be made Cheif on Contract?
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

disha wrote:I think the RM Parrikar responded just as well knowing that there are many other things under the tip of iceberg. He told the truth that he knew about the [termination posting on the website] from paper and TV :-)

Now CongI IAS trojan horses do not go with any of the words "CongI", "Trojan" or "Horse" written on their foreheads. How do you identify one?
BJP having been in politics for decades should know well by now who in the bureaucracy in Delhi is closely associated with congress, if it doesn't then it will keep making a fool out of itself just like this case. Besides what are intel agencies there for ???
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

disha wrote:
HKumar wrote:absolutely shameful behavior on part of RM Parrikar and PM Modi. The man - Avinash Chander has worked his entire career for the country more than Modi and Parrikar's political career put together. Its downright pathetic that the RM had no clue this was going down. He made a good attempt of taking fire for the PM but this stinks on many levels - no communication between PM and RM, bungling babus, inflated egos in not acknowledging the service of this man, plain clumsiness and incompetance. More disgusting are spins and govt fed reports from media ('sources say') that tarnish the man's reputation.

Parrikar wants a 'slightly' younger man than AC - So much for young blood. its 'slightly younger' blood.

If they wanted him to go - they could selected a 'slightly younger' leader, told AC in person, written an appreciation letter and sent him home. He would been unhappy about it wouldn't have disgraced the man and PO-ed the staff and country ( at least the ones who appreciate his contribution)

@writetake is reporting that Missile Complex folks have written to PM expressing their unhappiness over the sacking....
Sometimes we do not know the details and jump at the first step to castigate RM and PM. They have not done shameful behaviour in the past, so why now?

If CT were to given, here are my CTs

1. Did Sri Chander by mistake fell into a trap and inadvertently spilled some secrets that might have hurt or embarrassed India? He is human after all! Remember his kids are in US.

2. Or was it the Babudom out to embarrass both the RM and PM? Wheels within wheels?

3. Or was it that Sri Chander got his extension instead of V. K. Saraswat due to the UPeeA regime and was seen cozy with UPeeA?

Any or all of the above?

Also we talk of govt. fed reports to #mediapimps - I will like to highlight Sunanda's case - even before her body was cold, #mediapimps published stories of how she committed suicide since she was suffering from - Lupus!!

So when Sitaram Yechury starts batting for Sri Chander, you do wonder why.

The difference between my post and yours is that yours is full of speculation. You are indulging in wild ass speculation on the integrity of Dr. Chander without a single ounce of proof. Maybe there is a story to the termination or may be there is not.
You want to us believe in bat-shit crazy theories about MSM, IAS, CIA, MSM, Congis.. but it is so hard for you in believe in a simpler theory of ineptness and incompetence on part of Modi Govt. Occam Razor if you will.
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

BJP having been in politics for decades should know well by now who in the bureaucracy in Delhi is closely associated with congress, if it doesn't then it will keep making a fool out of itself just like this case. Besides what are intel agencies there for ???
game is much bigger why limit it to cong... have a wider view point people in the disguise of cong who want to hurt. (cong is just one of the players)
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

You want to us believe in bat-shit crazy theories about MSM, IAS, CIA, MSM, Congis.. but it is so hard for you in believe in a simpler theory of ineptness and incompetence on part of Modi Govt. Occam Razor if you will.
It not about AC its about INDIA.. AC is genuine but stuck in middle of thing wrong whit this country.

Do yo want COAS to be a contract post? if yes then AC contract termination is wrong.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

We don't need a congie Trojan horse to do something like this. Any disgruntled babu near the end of his working life will do if he is offered a few bucks. Dime a dozen in Dilli.
HKumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by HKumar »

d_berwal wrote:
sounding more like CJ....

The new DM was is just taking charge and shaping things for future, why you wanna support contract culture at this level.

as per your logic VK should be made Cheif on Contract?

is that the new label for ad hominem attacks now? calling somebody CJ - why because people are not willing to believe bat-shit crazy theories? so whats next all senior contract level employees are gone - with their termination letter on the internet?
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

It was a UPA decision which gave in situ contract till May 2016 after his extension was to end in Nov 2014. ACC merely reviewed the contract and decided to do away with it. Funny that MMS govt issued such order which is nothing but deviant behaviour of UPA govt. Actually UPA could have given him extension till he died of natural causes or prematurely as well , who cares. He ignored the signal given by PM during speech to DRDO scientists. He could have said that after his extension he would not like to continue on contract and left the choice to Govt. PM objected on appointment being contractual and he did not want to have any in such a sensitive post. That is his call not that of MOD. And I think better not to trust UPA decision.