Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 1 Feb 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 1 Feb 2

Post by A_Gupta »

NEW DELHI: Pakistan and Nepal, which announced bigger cigarette pack warnings shortly after India did last year, have urged India to resist pressure from the tobacco industry and implement the 85 per cent pictographic warnings on packs.

Pakistan's health minister Saira Afzal Tarar told ET in a statement over mail that her ministry "has resolved to firmly resist the pressure of tobacco industry that it is exerting through various fronts".

Urging India to stay resolute in its c ..

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

NEW DELHI: Terror emanating from Pakistan must stop for a fruitful dialogue between two the countries, PM Modi told his counterpart while greeting him on Pakistan's National Day on Monday. Both countries also sparred over Hurriyat leaders' confabulations with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, with New Delhi making it clear that there was no role for a third party on Kashmir.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

ramana wrote:NaMo sarkar sent their minister a former IA chief to show they don't mean any ill will towards TSP. If any ill happens its due to TSP only.
Precisely. Pukis have no fig leaf after this. Basically, NaMo is handing a very very long rope to TSP, now they are free to use it for any number of purposes, or go hang themselves.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Pakis being pakis, they won't stop what they have been doing non stop for decades...and so it is a given that they will run out of rope...and then what?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Then nothing. Lets not pretend there is a grand plan. There is no strategy, just denial. the decision making process has reverted to pre-election state for some reason.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Proves whether it is the anti-national (Con)gress or the seemingly nationalistic Modi Govt, When Uncle Sam says jump all they ask is how high?
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

ramana wrote:NaMo sarkar sent their minister a former IA chief to show they don't mean any ill will towards TSP. If any ill happens its due to TSP only.
I agree. It is strange that so many naive Indian folks do not seem to understand even the ABCD of diplomacy. These morons have no business saying mean things to VK Singh.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

As much as we would like to excuse everything in the name of diplomacy, Gen Singh is just not the right person to be sent at such an occasion. He isnt. You dont take the career out of a career officer. Send a politician if you want to show diplomacy.

There is nothing for the minister of state to do, but to go. There was no business of his masters, to send him.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

the decision making process has reverted to pre-election state for some reason.
The reason is the lutyens babucracy without a doubt -- they have convinced this new regime that their solid plan that has worked for the past 60 years (</sarcasm>) will continue to work and bring tremendous results. This time the dossiers will be made out of stone tablets -- that should kill a few people in pakistan when New Delhi throws it across the border. Extremely chankian ploy obviously.

And who exactly do Indians need to convince India has no ill will against pakistan -- is that really even an issue given India's history with the paki turds? Who is this external entity the Indian govt. "Strategists" are seeking validation from? And then what happens after Indian govt. has proven that it has no ill will against Pakistan...no biscuits for Pakis?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

the only thing that can convince someone like NM to toe this line is info from the "keepers of secrets" that voh vaakayi mein nange hain. So go easy peasy on your pak policy and keep pretending to talk to them on cashmere juglaar vein and keep on with talks.

I personally find this difficult to believe because China is next door and anything can be shipped in or out. Obviously wrong info is being supplied at some level.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan Dixit wrote:
I agree. It is strange that so many naive Indian folks do not seem to understand even the ABCD of diplomacy. These morons have no business saying mean things to VK Singh.

strangely, why was VK Singh wearing green?? Did the obvious symbolism escape the ex COAS while he was doing his "unpleasant duty"??
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Why not wear green, if he is going to have to play charades he may as well wear the proper costume for it. He is making it clear that he has no love lost for Pakistan, so the green dress was just for effect. Maybe all this has some deep chankian ploy behind it, and if so we should be able to see it down the line...for now, there are no dots to connect.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

KLNMurthy wrote:Here is a what Modiji explained:

Ignorant Ones, observe my vishwarupam and learn.

I am the yin and the yang, I am Rama and Ravana, Krishna and Kamsa. I am the appeasing Yudhishtira and the impetuous Bheema. I am the Policy and its Dissent, Duty, Disgust and all hashtags. I am Paul Atreides The Worm.

Fear Me for I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

touché..
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Klmn I am going to use this Modi-fied Oppenheimer gita phrase of yours somewhere.. Superb...
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Apologies if OT

Waqar fears ‘death’ of Pakistan cricket
SYDNEY: Waqar Younis warned Tuesday that cricket could die out in Pakistan if rival teams continue to boycott the country where international tours have not taken place since 2009.
Cheers Image
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why should GoI send in a minister for Pak Day celebrations to embassy when they don't want to send ministers to Pakistan for chai-biskoot.

I think we are over chanikian for our own comfort sometimes. Army chiefs should visit Pakistan only atop a Tank in a victory parade :)
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^No one celebrates victory in a toilet, save for victory over constipation/diarrhea.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

NaMo sent an ex IA chief to Pakistan Day, to tell Pakis that it is Indian Army that is going to be doing the talking with them, as they deserve!
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^Exactly. It is a subtly belligerent move that is meant to be felt where it matters. Anyone who knows V.K. Singh knows he is temperamental, painfully straightforward and proud to a fault. He is frankly one of the least qualified diplomats that can be sent. If this is not making a mockery of paki hopes, then what is?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Come on guys, please don't spin what is essentially a massive climb down by ModiJi after all his tough talk. I will cut him some slack only 2 counts if in fact they are the ones that drove him to this surrendert: 1) If there is some grand strategy behind this to extent that he is willing to make a complete a$$ of himself after pillorying MMS for exactly the same kind of appeasement, 2) If US or somebody else issued some kind of a warning, do this or else (I don't know).

And I am sick to my stomach with the eunuchs on India TV actually justify and debate this nonsense. Indian elites are maacho when it comes to self flagellation (meaning Hindu bashing, recall MMS taking on "Hindu terror"), or justifying shameless seditious cowardice by citing "democracy" (yeah right, self respecting dictatorship is any day preferable over this kind of sophistry). Shekar Dhupatta was one of the traitors who attended the Paki day crap, and then has the audacity to rail against the "fascism" going on India to suggest that he is anti-national. Had the bloody punk ever used that kind of language against India's real enemies. Has he ever stood up the Pakis for their continued slaugher, most recently in Jammu?

I am disappointed with ModiJi. His fixation on economy, his fixation on bending down on his knees to Uncle, are all coming at the expense of India's security interests.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I think Modi should stop trying to be chankian and just ignore Pak other than some chai-biskoot sessions through lower level officials. Pak is just an irritant, India should just be focusing on it's economy and get stronger. Everything else will follow.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

gakakkad wrote:Klmn I am going to use this Modi-fied Oppenheimer gita phrase of yours somewhere.. Superb...
Feel free, it is meant to mock Modis' enemies' portrayal of Modi as uber-chanakian yindutva monster.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

CRamS wrote:Come on guys, please don't spin what is essentially a massive climb down by ModiJi after all his tough talk. I will cut him some slack only 2 counts if in fact they are the ones that drove him to this surrendert: 1) If there is some grand strategy behind this to extent that he is willing to make a complete a$$ of himself after pillorying MMS for exactly the same kind of appeasement, 2) If US or somebody else issued some kind of a warning, do this or else (I don't know).

And I am sick to my stomach with the eunuchs on India TV actually justify and debate this nonsense. Indian elites are maacho when it comes to self flagellation (meaning Hindu bashing, recall MMS taking on "Hindu terror"), or justifying shameless seditious cowardice by citing "democracy" (yeah right, self respecting dictatorship is any day preferable over this kind of sophistry). Shekar Dhupatta was one of the traitors who attended the Paki day crap, and then has the audacity to rail against the "fascism" going on India to suggest that he is anti-national. Had the bloody punk ever used that kind of language against India's real enemies. Has he ever stood up the Pakis for their continued slaugher, most recently in Jammu?

I am disappointed with ModiJi. His fixation on economy, his fixation on bending down on his knees to Uncle, are all coming at the expense of India's security interests.
How about you come on?

Time for another reminder that Modi is doing exactly what he said he would do:concentrate on the economy and defense (not offence) of the country. He is not there to give us hard-ons. He made that very clear during the campaign.

Recovering from 1200+ years of national damage due to slavery is a slow, tedious and frustrating business. A big part of the damage is that it leaves us without the capacity to realize that :

Recovering from 1200+ years of national damage due to slavery is a slow, tedious and frustrating business.

We want instant gratification of every urge every time, every petty insult avenged. That is the way to slide deeper into the darkness and stay there.

I don't know about others in power but Modi is well aware of his duty at this juncture in history. After Narasimha Rao, Modi is the PM who brings Indic wisdom to the job.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Modi needs to show clarity of thought. He should not give the impression of being confused handling the pakis. His initial approach was good and he should stick to it. Respecting the sentiment of the nation is more important than doing things that might be expedient for whatever reason unknown to general public.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

a_bharat wrote:Modi needs to show clarity of thought. He should not give the impression of being confused handling the pakis. His initial approach was good and he should stick to it. Respecting the sentiment of the nation is more important than doing things that might be expedient for whatever reason unknown to general public.
If Modi can show that any attack on India by Paki scum, only leads to a retaliation and corresponding increase in Modi's popularity and win in elections, it is quite likely that Pakis would then desist from attacking India, as then there would indeed be a price to pay for Paki's proxies in India.

However Modi would also try to not look too much like a warmonger, and so would have to delicately balance any retaliation and level of chest-thumping, i.e. if one starts thinking politically/electorally.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

IMHO, Its elephant & dog show. Paki will keep barking and elephant will keep walking on its course. Diplomatic courtesy will be exercised but no substantive stuff will ever be taken forward.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

The Hurriyat Flurry
Wise Poaq Know & see the defeat,Parents Must have missed the Inbreeding Opportunity
What’s the use in continuing an effort to talk to Hurriyat leadership? India has its own development agenda in J&K with the democratically elected leaders, with the Peoples Democratic Party, the National Conference, BJP or Congress. India has fostered their own mechanism, one that has grown to have legitimacy in J&K. And that is the crux of it… legitimate authority. Whoever can establish it first, whether by force or right, will win the game.Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India, Abdul Basit, claimed the Indian government does not object to his meetings with Hurriyat leaders. This statement betrays the opposite. If India did not mind, he wouldn’t have had to defend himself by saying, “Don’t try to make an issue out of a non-issue,” when asked about meeting with separatists. Meetings with Hurriyat leaders have earlier been the cause for India cancelling foreign secretary-level talks, and this time there has been some outrage in the Shiv Sena over the meeting. The Indian government however has not stated any displeasure yet, but that remains to be seen.The Hurriyat had appealed to the people of Kashmir to boycott the 2014 J&K Legislative Assembly elections saying that India has been holding elections in the Valley at gunpoint. However, the voter’s turnout of more than 65% has not gone in favour of the separatists, the highest of 25 years and higher than normal voting percentages in other states of India. The Hurriyat and its leaders have been heavily criticised by the mainstream media for misleading the people of Kashmir and for not representing the true sentiments of the Kashmiri people. If this is the case, then what’s the use? The Hurriyat resistance without people on its side, without traction, can’t help themselves or Pakistan. India on the other hand, has created a strategic web of democratic legitimacy.Pakistan will continue its longstanding practice of interacting with the Kashmiri leadership despite Indian bullying. From water to security, everything is at stake for Pakistan over the Kashmir issue, and India does not have even half as much to lose, except hurt its twice-as-big ego. We are grasping at straws. The problem is that these meetings will encourage covert Indian operations in Balochistan, Sindh, and KPK and terminate any India-Pakistan composite dialogues.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^
And folks here are getting blood pressure just seeing the good General attend Baki function in a green vest!

I don't agree with everything that Modi has done after taking over as the PM but I know that he is much smarter than myself and he has a lot more info on the ground situation.
Last edited by pankajs on 24 Mar 2015 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Our Minister of State for External Affairs Gen. V.K. Singh clarifies his tweets of yesterday in a brief press conference today.

Most regrettably the tweets were aimed at the sections of our media who had patriotically pointed that sending a representative of our country out supping at the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s High Commission in the presence of the Hurriyet by the BJP led Administration of our PM Narendra Modi has authenticated the Islamic Republics position even while undermining ours on the calling off of the Foreign Secretary meeting :x :
Addressing a brief press conference, the minister said, "When in May 2014 I took over as minister, I was aware of my duties and responsibilities. I have also been a loyal soldier of the country. Attending Pak Day dinner was a protocol and just a diplomatic exercise that every Minister of State of External Affairs has followed in past. This was no different from what had happened in previous years."

He added, "The only difference was the optics as a former Army chief was attending the Pakistan Day dinner. Even though my party and government understood the issue, certain sections of the media was hyperventilating. Some said Army was demoralised, but as an former chief of Army staff I know my men better. I was shocked at the way certain section of the media attacked my PM and government. Also my tweets on duty and disgust was twisted."

Singh went on to add, "My tweets were only aimed at those sections of the media who had questioned my presence at the dinner. I feel it is important for me to clarify that. I am fully committed to my government and especially my PM. I am also a loyal member of the party. I stand in unison with my party in working for a better India. Nation comes first."

On rumours of his resignation he emphasised, "I have not tendered my resignation," he said.

On being asked as to why he had left the venue in 15 minutes or so, Singh said, "I have attended a lot of national day celebrations but haven’t eaten at any of these events. That is my set schedule. One, because I don’t have time, and second, because I am not very fond of eating."

"I met Abdul Basit, he said that he was happy that I had come for the celebrations," Singh revealed.
Complete faith in government, PM; '#disgust' tweet aimed at media: VK Singh
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Meanwhile in Jammu & Kashmir, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s flag is seditiously flow by Asiya Andrabi.

Let us see if the BJP Administration of our Prime Minister Narendra Modi gets his party colleagues in J&K to push coalition partner PDP into taking prompt and appropriate punitive action against Asiya Andrabi:

Pakistani flag displayed amidst 23rd March celebrations in Srinagar
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

a_bharat wrote:Modi needs to show clarity of thought. He should not give the impression of being confused handling the pakis. His initial approach was good and he should stick to it. Respecting the sentiment of the nation is more important than doing things that might be expedient for whatever reason unknown to general public.
That's a good one. BRF amateurs are going to give Modi lessons in "clarity of thought."
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

This tweeting thing gets so many people into trouble. I think Govt officials above a certain level should have some controls put on their tweeting.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 1 Feb 2

Post by Peregrine »

gandharva wrote::rotfl: :rotfl:

gandharva Ji :

Whoopsie Daisy!

Emir of Qatar is welcomed with BAHRAINI PHLAG!
Cheers Image
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

To be fair, it is Qatari Flag.
Paki Media is twin brother of DDM.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Both look similar. Only the color is different. So the guy could have been color blind.

Link
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KLNM, I wonder if the WKKs with tangible things to lose are afraid of Paki hand inside India due to the free rein given by previous admins and the bloody mindedness of ISI that they sing their tunes?

Eg S Gupta has a lot of things to lose if he goes anti-Pak.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

KLNMurthy wrote:
That's a good one. BRF amateurs are going to give Modi lessons in "clarity of thought."
Sir, BRF pro, my intent was not to give any lessons to Modi. He may very well have clarity of thought, but that is not the impression one gets from Govt actions. Govt loses credibility and respect if it changes its stance month to month.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

We also need to display clarity of thought as much as Modi. A good leader will not necessarily pander to the sentiment of a nation especially when that sentiment might be totally misplaced because of lack of information or media misinformation. After a leader is elected - imagined national sentiment cannot be allowed to micromanage his every move.

When you get the idea that the government is changing its stand from month to month - that idea comes from the media. So you trust the media enough to question Modi's ability to manage. If you trust the media as telling the truth with absolute accuracy, Modi would have been indicted and punished long ago for actions that the media accused him of doing. Why don't we get back to that?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

shiv,

A minister of defense is not a diplomat or deal with foreign affairs. Why then do you make a symbol out of VK Singh? There is neither reason nor rhyme that has been presented. Or did I miss it?

It is a valid question.

The Bakistan policy has seen an about face. There can never be a mature discussion in the media. So where do you talk about it?