Telugu States' News and Discussion

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by Yagnasri »

Agreed. He has not kept his words for ap.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

vayu tuvan wrote:Bhavani: so AP EJ groups imported "heendoo caste" system whole sale into their Christianity. It could be that the dilli billi Catholic claim of their being "brams" too Might be causing a little bit of khujli to AP xtians who are reddy/kamma/Kapu.

The seeds of caste division sowed by the erstwhile "tella doralu" (white masters) is bearing fruit
though the perfidius Albions are long gone.
yes, "Hindoo Caste system" as been imported into Andhra Christianity. Upper caste churches are different from lower caste churches and even inter christian marriages are conducted on caste lines.

some how castes like "Reddy" and "Kamma" etc have been mostly converted into Catholics or Baptists. Whereas communities belonging to fisherman, Rickshaw pullers have been converted into "Jevohas witnesses", "7th day Adventists" and Evangelical denominations.

There is a fight between them regarding who is more "Christian". For Ex: Most churches in backward areas host free lunches on sunday and collect money for church etc but the higher class churches don't do that. I know poor people who donate up to 50% of their earnings to their churches.

I studied in detail Andhra Christians quite a bit from Eastern Rural Andhra to heartlands of Rajahmundhry. I also took pictures of the churches and establishments.

Now There are so many Christians that infighting is common. Huge infighting broke out among various factions in the Guntur evangelical church mainly over money and the church split across caste lines. It is all about the money.

Something Funny - There is a Church in Vijayawada on a hill called "Mary Matha Konda" (Mother Mary Hill). There Christians serve kumkum and coconuts to Mother Mary and even tonsure their heads. Even "Hindoo customs" have been imported into Andhra Christianity
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Interesting. So if hindus repudiate the "caste" system, evangelical nouvo (sic) christians in India will become caste-hindu christians.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

ramana wrote:swamyG, Send email to
ramana_56 yahoo.com

I sent to your comcast.net email
I will reply. My Comcast email ID is no longer valid.
Last edited by SwamyG on 21 May 2015 05:00, edited 2 times in total.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

vayu tuvan wrote:Interesting. So if hindus repudiate the "caste" system, evangelical nouvo (sic) christians in India will become caste-hindu christians.
Evangelists promise many things. They will let build your NGOs, your pet projects like schools/hospitals/seva kendras through EU/US funds, so it has became an MLM scheme type. Even these EJs promise seats in schools, colleges, Engineering, medical seats. Even they help in getting seats in western education.

To break the luring power of EJs, first step has taken, i.e. asking accountability of FCRA funds and making NGOs should not discriminate on religious basis.

I wish next step would be stop giving special treatments to minorities and give Hindus equal rights to run their edu institutions freely without any govt interference. Let Temple trusts and RSS starting large scale educations institutions across country, cutting luring power of Evangelists.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

vayu tuvan wrote:Interesting. So if hindus repudiate the "caste" system, evangelical nouvo (sic) christians in India will become caste-hindu christians.
They are already "caste hindu Christians". When somebody mentions christians in North India, It brings about pictures of Goan christians, Skirts, Drunks Anglo Indians etc. These are not the new converts. Here are a few matrimonial ads, Castes are mentioned with religion Christianity.

Religion: Christian Caste: Mala
Christian Mala/ Divorcee/ SWE/ 33 Yrs/ 5'2" Bride, well settled, unencumbered seeks groom SWE/Govt Job setteled in Hyderabad. Direct.
Religion: Christian Caste: Mala
Christian Mala 24 5'6'' Very Fair Girl M.Sc Biotec, MBA seeks SWE Govt Employ any Professional, Groom
Religion: Christian Caste: None
Reddy Christian - RCM, 26/ 5'0''/ MBBS, PG (Dermatology) Hyderabad needs PG Doctor/ Engineer Bridegroom.

Look at this picture of devotees climbing stairs, If one says it is devotees climbing tirumala, one would believe. But it is the Mary matha Konda(Mother Mary's Hill), where even head tonsuring is done. The names of the pujas performed are "samisti divya balipuja" , Divya prasada aradhanas’ and ‘swastata prardhanas’. Even Burra kadhas on Bible are performed.

Tonsuring - which Christianity practices it?, Historically no western or eastern christianity practiced it. Christianity has been bottled to suit the sensibilities of Andhra, Tamil, Kannada people. They are converting them, but they are not introducing alien rituals followed in US/Europe just as yet. They are keeping them in familiar surroundings.

For EX: Most telugu people dont eat meat on Saturdays ( for Lord Venkateswara) and now these new converts have started following that for Mary.
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 402391.ece
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I always used to wonder how Indians went from Hinduism to Buddhism and back and still kept their jaati identity intact, the above provides some idea of how it might have been preserved.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The important point is back, for converting whole caste population is what it is about it is seems for different EJ gangs. Till everyone has to goto some European place like sheiks from sheikdoms.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

SwamyG wrote:
ramana wrote:swamyG, Send email to
ramana_56 yahoo.com

I sent to your comcast.net email
I will reply. My Comcast email ID is no longer valid.
eMail sent onlee. Tx.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Recently TG government started the "Swatch Hyderabad" program to clean Hyderabad on 16th May. Looks like it's a massive hit with even public responding in huge numbers during the drive. KCR looked as enthusiastic as Narendra Modi. He even made rounds around the city every morning and evening for last 5 days. I don't what's brewing between TRS and BJP.

p.S: KCR didn't turn out be as bad as I thought he would be.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

yvijay wrote:Recently TG government started the "Swatch Hyderabad" program to clean Hyderabad on 16th May. Looks like it's a massive hit with even public responding in huge numbers during the drive. KCR looked as enthusiastic as Narendra Modi. He even made rounds around the city every morning and evening for last 5 days. I don't what's brewing between TRS and BJP.

p.S: KCR didn't turn out be as bad as I thought he would be.
I am from Vizag (Andhra), but after my few months in Andhra/Telangana, i sincerely find KCR to be a better CM than babu. He is a staunch Hindu and celebrated bonalu and gave bonuses to employees. It led CBN to in fact celebrate Sankranthi in Andhra.

Whatever the fight of ego KCR and CBN led to the celebration of Hindu festivals as state festivals on a grand basis after a long time.

A number of CBN's relatives have huge stakes in the evangelical missionary money machines and even Senior BJP folks from Andhra are linked to big Missionaries. For Ex:Venkaiah naidu's relative Prabhu Kishore owner of the huge Varun Motors is a staunch missionary and constructed Huge churches in Vizag/Rajahmundry area.

CBN has no major interest in improving facilities in Tirupathi, VIjayawada temples etc or stopping proselytizing across Andhra. Telangana has an inherent streak of Us Vs Them attitutude. It comes from their fight with Razakars etc.
gpati
BRFite

Post by gpati »

bhavani wrote:CBN has no major interest in stopping proselytizing across Andhra.
CBN's most important priority seems to be promoting Lokesh as his successor. But, Lokesh's political base is weak. So, only way forward is getting foreign investments and creating jobs to build Lokesh's image. Being tough on proselytizing activeties may derail his plans.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

AP to provide aid to Christian pilgrims

The same CBN does not care about sentiments of Hindus or spends his energy in freeing up of Temples, but he expects NDA govt to give blank check to AP. As I once said previously, CBN wants to win his battle, but give a hoot for big picture (winning the war).

One may argue that its mere 50 lakhs, but trust me, once Christians know more about scheme, more the number that will apply for subsidy and CBN govt will subsidize everybody.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Yagnasri wrote:Agreed. He has not kept his words for ap.
did CBN give the BJP what they wanted?? or did he try his usual blackmail tactics by giving them very less no of seats?? and that too mostly un winnable seats :)

any equation has two sides. you have mentioned only one side.

CBN, btw, has made a major blunder and strategic error by confusing NM with ABV and also by talking down to a "chaiwalla".

MB, JJ, Nitesh kumar, mulayam, the abdullahs navin patnaik all made the similar mistakes and are feeling the pinch now.

CBN and JJ are also treacherous in addition to their large egos and even larger (failed!!) ambitions. Both are cosying up the EJs to the detriment of the Hindus.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

bhavani wrote: A number of CBN's relatives have huge stakes in the evangelical missionary money machines and even Senior BJP folks from Andhra are linked to big Missionaries. For Ex:Venkaiah naidu's relative Prabhu Kishore owner of the huge Varun Motors is a staunch missionary and constructed Huge churches in Vizag/Rajahmundry area.

CBN has no major interest in improving facilities in Tirupathi, VIjayawada temples etc or stopping proselytizing across Andhra. Telangana has an inherent streak of Us Vs Them attitutude. It comes from their fight with Razakars etc.
The 'Prabhu' name is generally an indication of ROL. Another name is Raj like Prakash Raj.

Long ago I was staying at a hotel is Chennai for attending the US consulate for visa. Next door a father and son duo from Guntur (AP) were staying. The son comes to our room and says that they are chaudharys (kammas) but his mother is a christian and that he took a vow to convert if he gets the visa. Mean while his father came by and scolded his son to return to their room. Probably heard what his son was telling me.

Another time a kamma girl (perhaps Guntur again) contacted my friend on a matrimonial web site. She wrote she believes in Christ but that should not be an issue as religion is a personal matter and they both can follow their individual religion. Needless to say my friend ignored her.

I haven't been to Andhra much except for in passing, so I can't say if these are one off cases or more prevalent.
chandrasekhar.m
BRFite

Post by chandrasekhar.m »

AP & TELANGANA: Chandrababu Naidu counts losses, but PM Modi on Chandrasekhar Rao's pal list
When the Manmohan Singh government, then on its last limb, was in the process of ramming through the proposal to create Telangana, a panicky Chandrababu Naidu sought Narendra Modi's help to stymie the move.

Modi was unable to help but Naidu perceived that the BJP leader was on the same page as him. Naidu teamed up with BJP to go to elections 2014 and after Modi won became a partner of his government in Delhi. Likewise, the BJP joined the TDP government in AP. {Haven't heard of any notable news/achievements of either parties' ministers in either governments. I had hopes of this becoming a 'suphala' sneham. But, now looks like this won't even be a 'saphala' sneham, but might turn out to be 'viphala' sneham.}

Although many had told Naidu that Modi was a consummate power player and he should not expect much from the new union government, the TDP leader was hopeful that a largesse would come from Delhi in the form of financial assistance to build a new capital for the state. {I don't believe Naidu garu was that naive} More importantly, AP would be accorded a special status that Manmohan had promised.This would enable AP to get favourable treatment in matters of financial packages from the Centre. {Was this actually a part of the AP Reorganisation Bill passed in Parliament?}

Naidu went out of the way to find a Rajya Sabha berth for Modi's minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, and appointed her husband an advisor with cabinet rank. {Oh, this is new to me. Appointment "gifted" to her husband seems more than Naidu garu should have done. :shock: } Now, on the eve of the first anniversary of the creation of the new state, Naidu has realised that his expectations have been belied. Naidu is mum but his party men are increasingly venting their frustrations. {Coffers haven't become full, I guess :mrgreen: } They are wondering what they're getting out of tying up with the BJP which has little presence in AP and why they shouldn't rescind their ties. "Modi has been a disappointment. He has done nothing for us," says Srinivasa Raju, a businessman from Visakhapatnam, the largest city in AP. However Modi can't be blamed: AP cannot be declared a special status state like Sikkim. It is far too developed for that. {But whatever was promised in the Reorganisation bill cannot be withheld, is it?}

But one man's poison is meat for another. {Waah re waah!} If Naidu is disappointed with Modi, then Chandrasekhar Rao of Telangana is overjoyed with the PM. Part of the joy is because Naidu is not hitting it too well with Modi but the Telangana CM's aides gush that the two have 'great chemistry'. {Really? The readers are to believe that KCR saab is indulging in schadenfreude now?} Modi had refused to meet Chandrasekhar Rao for long, but once they met they discovered similarities in their `world view', these aides assert. {Oho! Wonder what these similarities are which the seemingly garrulous aides can't even hint at.} The two, of course, are similar: Both centralise powers and Telangana's is a one- man Sarkar. Rao is also overjoyed because Modi hasn't shown signs of reviving up the BJP {Wonder what the local unit's feeling are} in Telangana (contrary to the initial perceptions). And this suits the Telangana strongman.
Man, journalists fan the flames of war among politicians, don't they? Above article is an example. How much is fact and how much is speculation, hearsay and writing for cash?
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

The author Kingshuk Nag is known for pro Tenagana views. He posted many biased articles on TOI during the T movement. It is more of his wishful thinking that BJP ditches CBN and AP, although some of his wish may be happening. But it doesn't mean that it is a gain for T. In fact BJP has very good chance of displacing KCR in T while the reverse in AP is light years away. People of AP may blame TDP for their failures but general view among people is that it is BJP that cheated them. BJP didn't gain an inch of goodwill in AP and it seems they don't care. History repeats.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

Dasari wrote:The author Kingshuk Nag is known for pro Tenagana views. He posted many biased articles on TOI during the T movement. It is more of his wishful thinking that BJP ditches CBN and AP, although some of his wish may be happening. But it doesn't mean that it is a gain for T. In fact BJP has very good chance of displacing KCR in T while the reverse in AP is light years away. People of AP may blame TDP for their failures but general view among people is that it is BJP that cheated them. BJP didn't gain an inch of goodwill in AP and it seems they don't care. History repeats.
His political calculation must be that cong is a dead force in AP and either YSRC or TDP aligning with Congies is out of question. So, public's choice must be one of the two regionals only. And having demonstrated their willingness to ally with shady characters like Muftis & Mehboobas of Kashmir, they may also come across like keeping an option open for aligning with YSRC - creating a dangerous political situation for Naidu.

However, if the public's image is extremely negative of BJP, far more than what Modi calculated, aligning with BJP would prove a liability to YSRC as well. If Modi unleashes CBI on Jagan at that juncture, that would backfire on BJP even more as Jagan could always cry that he is targeted due to revenge politics for not supporting BJP.

So it seems Modi's only and easiest political option is to start delivering on his poll promises. Some leeway could be given till Bihar elections, but if nothing is on ground after that - BJP may be finished and could take TDP with it.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Even if NDA govt gives special package (tax concessions), its of no use to AP at this time. There is no new capital (to attract industries) and already land prices in cities like Vizag and Vijayawada-Guntur are sky high.

Even AP has not prepared a blue print for AP's industrialization, i.e. like allocating zones for specific sectors, etc, so which new industry will come and it enjoys that tax concessions?. Right now, CBN is spending all his energies on AP's new capital's take off. Even if NDA gives a 5-year tax soaps, it may give a feeling good to people, but AP is not a position to exploit that concession to its full extent. NaMo is very pragmatic and never gives up on his promises.

At best, some companies may tempt to move their HQ/RQ to AP to exploit tax concessions (post-box offices), if people of AP are content (ఆరంభశూరత్వం) with mere having post-box offices, then good luck to them.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

CBN was/is not in Indic fold at any point of time and will not be in future. Con Mafia is almost gone in AP and BJP can fill the gap. It is already doing its bit now by taking all the Con Mafia money bags etc into BJP. While many of them may prove to be fair weather friends they have no where else except Jagan or CBN to go and most of them hate CBN guts. Some will remain long term and may prove useful. While I do not advise giving any money to CBN, the creation of somethings like some Central Universities etc in AP is required to "show" that BJP cares for AP. Unfortunately a perception that nothing is being done was created by BJP silence. I hate to see AP going Jagan way in 2019.

It is critical to have Telugu lands in Indic fold. I am not much worried about TS as of now. But AP has a evil growing in the name of Jagan. For the last two decades Telugu states ensured power to BJP and Congress in coalition era. Even this time AP while not useful for majority is in the side of winner. This 42 MP seats may end up deciding 2019 and BJP needs to think about it. It also need to think seriously about stopping EJ in AP which it is not doing in spite of having Endowments department under it in AP.
chandrasekhar.m
BRFite

Post by chandrasekhar.m »

Trying to understand why Jagan is not in jail yet. Almost everyone agrees he amassed a lot of wealth illegally. Moreover, he does not have the kind of political clout the Nehru dynasty has. Hence, why not put full efforts into prosecuting him and make sure he gets jail time? Even if Central government doesn't want to, can't the Telangana and AP governments file cases based on evidence they have? He should be prosecuted now, not in 2019. Given the speed of Indian courts, if 100% effort is kept for next 4 years, we can hope he will be in jail before 2019 elections. And that should end the chapter of Jagan in AP and Telangana forever.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Cases are already filed and underway. But Politicos are not keen on sending each others into jails for sometime and getting evidence etc is quite difficult. NM is not someone who is keen of sending political opponants to jail and CBN is being CBN is seems to be not willing to anger Christians. The danger of Jagan in jail and his sister with greater evangelical background coming into play with no background and mother weeping in public etc are all very very problematic things.

But I agree that he needs to be sent to jail.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Yagnasri wrote:CBN was/is not in Indic fold at any point of time and will not be in future. Con Mafia is almost gone in AP and BJP can fill the gap. It is already doing its bit now by taking all the Con Mafia money bags etc into BJP. While many of them may prove to be fair weather friends they have no where else except Jagan or CBN to go and most of them hate CBN guts. Some will remain long term and may prove useful. While I do not advise giving any money to CBN, the creation of somethings like some Central Universities etc in AP is required to "show" that BJP cares for AP. Unfortunately a perception that nothing is being done was created by BJP silence. I hate to see AP going Jagan way in 2019.

It is critical to have Telugu lands in Indic fold. I am not much worried about TS as of now. But AP has a evil growing in the name of Jagan. For the last two decades Telugu states ensured power to BJP and Congress in coalition era. Even this time AP while not useful for majority is in the side of winner. This 42 MP seats may end up deciding 2019 and BJP needs to think about it. It also need to think seriously about stopping EJ in AP which it is not doing in spite of having Endowments department under it in AP.

Am not so sure of the bolded part. CBN is not any less. More or less AP is written off by NaMo.

If he tries to please CBN who is not wholly reliable guy, it will upset any BJP chances in Karnataka, TN and even far off Kerala.

And anyway TS appears aligning with NDA.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

AP is not written off by Modi. The next election in AP will be between TDP and BJP and rest will become sidelined. Jagan will not survive and if Jagan survives, entire congress echo-system in India survives. No way Modi is going to allow that. Watch AP space in politics after Bihar elections. I surely can tell that AP is on the radar of both BJP and also central government.

The whining is all about special status and Railway zone to Vizag. Rest is all hawa. Every institution, corridors, policies are done to help AP government. In fact CBN did impressive marketing utilizing the Modi government's initiatives.

However, " gonthemma korikalu " like fund 5 L crore for capital etc are not going to happen. The center is willing to give revenue deficit in tranches but what AP wants is a full payment ahead of entire year so that they use them independently.

The center has problems in convincing neighboring states to give a blanket special status. The argument is always " why did you pass the bifurcation bill " as though if BJP voted against the bifurcation would have stopped. The RS today is no different from them and BJP has no means to stop the bill. It is always about venting anger.

Vizag rly zone problems are more from Vijayawada division railway employees than any hara-kiri.

Anyway this whole thing is useless topic. Let me tell you one thing, all over the digital space or even on streets, the fights and arguments are all between TDP and BJP. Congress and YSRC are just spectators and that itself tells the future politics of the state is between TDP and BJP. It may end up as cakewalk for TDP in the next election if CBN proves a point with the state. It may be a an upset win for BJP as it is building a party of kapus.

The gameplan hasn't changed. Build as party of Kapus and checkmate Jagan to make Reddy clans to get inside BJP. It may succeed if they can project TDP as (Two District Party of Krishna and Guntur districts). In AP it is very easy to divide people on caste lines if biggies of the castes join BJP.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Frankly end of TDP will be end of Justice Party which has dogged south India for a century.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ramana wrote:Frankly end of TDP will be end of Justice Party which has dogged south India for a century.
Tathaastu!
ramki
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ramki »

This looks like day dreaming. Just before elections all parties contested local elections. BJP is not able to win any seat. That is the true strength of BJP. How can you say BJP is superior to TDP. BJP allowed all corrupted congress leaders who made lot of money under YSR to join the party. More over BJP minister is holding the endowments ministry. What stops BJP minister from making necessary changes. The sad realty is the local BJP is equally corrupt.
vishnua
BRFite

Post by vishnua »

ramana wrote:Frankly end of TDP will be end of Justice Party which has dogged south India for a century.

NOT True. Please don't bring anti-Brahmin feeling as the common thing between Justice party and TDP.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I think this has more to do with who is heading or powerful factor in TDS. As as community Kammas are known to hate Brahmins. At least most of the people believe that. In fact NTRs removal of Karanams etc CBN's hatred towards GOAP employees for 9 years etc said to be their dislike of Bramihns. I do not know how far they are true. Rumors mostly.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Yagnasri wrote:I think this has more to do with who is heading or powerful factor in TDS. As as community Kammas are known to hate Brahmins. At least most of the people believe that. In fact NTRs removal of Karanams etc CBN's hatred towards GOAP employees for 9 years etc said to be their dislike of Bramihns. I do not know how far they are true. Rumors mostly.

Kammas hatred for Brahmins is a truth to some extent. I studied in a college in Andhra where two distinct groups, Kammas on One side and Brahmins + Vaishyas on another side used to jostle. In some colleges it is Kammas vs Rest of All(Reddy + velema + Brahmin+....). I studied in Vijayawada.

The hatred of GOA employees towards CBN was not based on caste but was on the fact that he tried making them efficient and tried making them work more than they were used to
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Muppalla wrote:AP is not written off by Modi. The next election in AP will be between TDP and BJP and rest will become sidelined. Jagan will not survive and if Jagan survives, entire congress echo-system in India survives. No way Modi is going to allow that. Watch AP space in politics after Bihar elections. I surely can tell that AP is on the radar of both BJP and also central government.

The whining is all about special status and Railway zone to Vizag. Rest is all hawa. Every institution, corridors, policies are done to help AP government. In fact CBN did impressive marketing utilizing the Modi government's initiatives.

However, " gonthemma korikalu " like fund 5 L crore for capital etc are not going to happen. The center is willing to give revenue deficit in tranches but what AP wants is a full payment ahead of entire year so that they use them independently.

The center has problems in convincing neighboring states to give a blanket special status. The argument is always " why did you pass the bifurcation bill " as though if BJP voted against the bifurcation would have stopped. The RS today is no different from them and BJP has no means to stop the bill. It is always about venting anger.

Vizag rly zone problems are more from Vijayawada division railway employees than any hara-kiri.

Anyway this whole thing is useless topic. Let me tell you one thing, all over the digital space or even on streets, the fights and arguments are all between TDP and BJP. Congress and YSRC are just spectators and that itself tells the future politics of the state is between TDP and BJP. It may end up as cakewalk for TDP in the next election if CBN proves a point with the state. It may be a an upset win for BJP as it is building a party of kapus.

The gameplan hasn't changed. Build as party of Kapus and checkmate Jagan to make Reddy clans to get inside BJP. It may succeed if they can project TDP as (Two District Party of Krishna and Guntur districts). In AP it is very easy to divide people on caste lines if biggies of the castes join BJP.
Muppulla,

What you have said about Jagan is true to some extent. But dont be fooled by the silence of YSRC and Others. In Andhra it has always been that once a party gets elected, The rest are mostly dormant until next elections nears.

Most of the YSRC leaders are huge contractors and businessmen and are back in to their businesses. Even some of TDP MLA are heavily into Real estate and other industries. They will be back in Action by election time.

BJP has to be vary of one thing, Media in Andhra is highly controlled by CBN and his backers. No body in AP watches MSM from Delhi and Mumbai. Everybody watches either TV9, TV5 or Eenadu news or some other local news channels.

These days it is being played in multiple discussions that BJP cheated Andhra, by promising and not giving "Special Status". No body understands the Pros and Cons of special status but they will remember that Center did not grant AP the "Special Status".

Center should probably grant some nominal "Special Status". Just for enhancing its rep in the state. The railway zone will help quite a bit, because in that railway zone, majority of the revenue comes from eastern AP, But all the benefits go to Odisha. Ever since trains have been extended to Odisha, the quality of the travel in those trains has fallen heavily. The maintenance has suffered. The bogies allotted to Andhra trains are old and better ones are going to Odisha and Chattisgarh. Rest of the areas in that Zone are dirt poor except the Vizag area

Majority of people in Andhra feel that People in Odisha, Bengal etc spoil the trains and use them as some sort of community transports.

In the 10 years of Congi rule, South had minimal allocation in terms of Trains and new lines etc. Bengal, Bihar, Odisha received the most of benefits.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

bhavani wrote:
Yagnasri wrote:I think this has more to do with who is heading or powerful factor in TDS. As as community Kammas are known to hate Brahmins. At least most of the people believe that. In fact NTRs removal of Karanams etc CBN's hatred towards GOAP employees for 9 years etc said to be their dislike of Bramihns. I do not know how far they are true. Rumors mostly.

Kammas hatred for Brahmins is a truth to some extent. I studied in a college in Andhra where two distinct groups, Kammas on One side and Brahmins + Vaishyas on another side used to jostle. In some colleges it is Kammas vs Rest of All(Reddy + velema + Brahmin+....). I studied in Vijayawada.
It may be competition between them (Kamma, Kapu and Brahmin as these three are power groups) in KG delta districts that might be construed as hatred.

Coming to South of Guntur district, that phenomenon disappears, It is Kamma vs Reddy only there. Of course ones you enter real Rayalaseema, it is Reddy vs Reddy only, at least it is how it used to be.
The hatred of GOA employees towards CBN was not based on caste but was on the fact that he tried making them efficient and tried making them work more than they were used to
Modi may incur the same wrath from Babudom. CBN learned lesson so treading a fine line now to not to anger. This time CBN has advantage as people believe him than babudom as they saw how works get done in his regime vs YSR's
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Kammas were the money and land owners. TDP in its 30 years of existence did not givegave rarely a brahmin MLA or MP ticket. Their leadership lineage can be seen in justice party and tdp. That tdp hates brahmins is open knowledge among even small bacha level politicians.

Unfortunately brahmin politics is exemplified in the congress way of doing things. I propose to call it the kashmir pandit syndrome. When only one caste remains and all the rest of 99 castes disappear from a place, there is some thing very much wrong with the politics played.

So between the two parties, one party hates hindus and prostrates before buddhism and the other hates only the other caste hindus :rotfl: and brings outsiders to control them. Not exactly ideal choices.

I believe there was a decent discussion on the caste politics of andhra before elections.

Sir,

on the ground CBN is getting negative marks everywhere. Ofcourse he is blaming centre and Modi, which is working to some extent.

edit: proof given some 5-6 posts below.
Last edited by Virupaksha on 30 May 2015 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Virupaksha wrote:Kammas were the money and land owners. TDP in its 30 years of existence did not give a brahmin MLA or MP ticket. Their leadership lineage can be seen in justice party and tdp. That tdp hates brahmins is open knowledge among even small bacha level politicians.

Unfortunately brahmin politics is exemplified in the congress way of doing things. I propose to call it the kashmir pandit syndrome. When only one caste remains and all the rest of 99 castes disappear from a place, there is some thing very much wrong with the politics played.

So between the two parties, one party hates hindus and prostrates before buddhism and the other hates only the other caste hindus :rotfl: and brings outsiders to control them. Not exactly ideal choices.

I believe there was a decent discussion on the caste politics of andhra before elections.

Sir,

on the ground CBN is getting negative marks everywhere. Ofcourse he is blaming centre and Modi, which is working to some extent.
which impression shri venkiah naidu garu is doing very little to dispel. I gather after my recent trip to some interior locales that venkiah's family is heavily invested in real estate.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Virupaksha wrote:TDP in its 30 years of existence did not give a brahmin MLA or MP ticket. Their leadership lineage can be seen in justice party and tdp.
Wasn't Samudrala Venugopalachary (ex MP from Adilabad, who just defected to TRS) a Brahmin?
Last edited by Shanmukh on 30 May 2015 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

@Chetak-ji,

Venkaiah Naidu's family is also doing EJ business on a massive scale from what my friends in Rajamahendry region tell me. In Simhachalam temple lands, TDP-BJP pasand EJs are encroaching on temple lands & building churches. Venkaiah will destroy the state and BJP before he lets a Hindu party grow in AP.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

nageshks wrote:@Chetak-ji,

Venkaiah Naidu's family is also doing EJ business on a massive scale from what my friends in Rajamahendry region tell me. In Simhachalam temple lands, TDP-BJP pasand EJs are encroaching on temple lands & building churches. Venkaiah will destroy the state and BJP before he lets a Hindu party grow in AP.
I know relatives who know Venkaiah Naidu and Son in law, this is pure BS.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Aditya_V wrote:
nageshks wrote:@Chetak-ji,

I know relatives who know Venkaiah Naidu and Son in law, this is pure BS.
Please to look up Varun Motors, who owns it & what it is doing, saar.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Varun Motors Somajiguda Hyderabad?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Venkaiah Naidu ought to go. Enough BS from his mendacity now. Time to tweet-bomb PMO and HMO about this.