Defexpo 2006

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Arotech's MDT Forms Joint Venture in India for Armored Vehicles

NEW DELHI, India--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 30, 2006--Arotech Corporation (NasdaqNM:ARTX) announced today that its Armor Division has entered into a joint venture with two prominent Indian companies for the design and manufacture of armored vehicles in India. The joint venture - Concord Safety Solutions Limited - will offer armored vehicles to the Indian military and paramilitary organizations.

The companies forming Concord Safety Solutions are MKU PVT Limited, the JN Group and MDT Armor Corporation.

MKU is one of India's leading manufacturer and defense contractor for ballistic protection solutions for individual and vehicle protection. Its leading stature is a result of in-house capability to process composite materials and to design customized solutions for its customers. First-hand expertise and top-grade resources enable MKU to produce hard and soft armor that conform to the highest quality standards.

The JN Group began its operations as an automobile dealership in 1933. In time it has become India's largest automotive body builder. Its portfolio also includes the manufacture of vehicle parts, tire re-treading, and vehicle maintenance. It also manages one of the largest networks of commercial vehicle dealerships in India.

The new armored vehicle company, Concord, will be launched at DefExpo 2006 - the 4th Land and Naval Systems Exhibition - that will take place in New Delhi, India, from January 31 to February 3, 2006.

"We are proud to have MDT as our partner for armored vehicles in India," said Manoj Gupta, MKU's Managing Director. "MDT's technology and experience, combined with our strong composite armor materials technology and JN's automotive capabilities form a perfect basis for Concord Safety Solutions."

"As the biggest vehicle body builder in India, we have often been asked to supply armored vehicles," said Vineet Chandra, Managing Director, JN group. "We have decided to form Concord with MKU and MDT, so that we can offer our customers armored vehicles based on cutting edge technology."

"With our partners MKU and JN Group, Concord is well positioned to move into the emerging market for armored vehicles in India," said Steven Esses, President and Chief Operating Officer, Arotech Corporation. "This is our first entry into the defense market in India, which holds great potential for Concord, MDT and Arotech."
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

A single event like the Iran vote could jeopardise their prospects. The door is still only half-open.
and they expect a long term relationship? on what basis?.. and they have decided unto themselves that its all iran vote.

say we vote against iran, and buy boeing hornets, and then we again vote for iran, boeing cancels the supplies and withdraws support.

which door are we talking? hello!
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

karan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by karan »

SaiK wrote:
A single event like the Iran vote could jeopardise their prospects. The door is still only half-open.
and they expect a long term relationship? on what basis?.. and they have decided unto themselves that its all iran vote.

say we vote against iran, and buy boeing hornets, and then we again vote for iran, boeing cancels the supplies and withdraws support.

which door are we talking? hello!
Right on SaiK. I say we politely thank Unkil for all their public support for Nuke deal and walk away. Lets just deal with Russians and increase funding for our own research with strict timeline for results. it may take longer but we will be better off.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

viveks
BRFite

Post by viveks »

Lots of junta around. I guess we are shopping full-throttle!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Dileep wrote:
Isn't that Akash?
It is
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Actually the real lethal weapon is between the Akash and the Brahmos talking to a scientist. :twisted: :P
sankum
BRFite

Post by sankum »

Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

Israel Showcases Tavor-21 Assault Rifles at Defexpo 2006
While the big guns of global defence, like Lockheed-Martin, European consortium EADS, British Aerospace and Finnemeccanica governed the consciousness of the exhibition (French firm Dassault was a notable absence) :( , it was inevitable that the more concealed marvels of technology lay with the smaller firms.
Neeraj B
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Neeraj B »

Thanks Vasu and RAVEENDRAN,
More Pics please... for the sake of those of us who can't attend the Expo..
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5670769 ... 1F5D740B13

Is she an Indian Army Officer? Which helmet is she wearing? The helmet does not seem to be Indian Army Standard Issue. Also her helmet has a Vision scpoe. Is it NVG or Intergrated Vision with the Scope mounted on the INSAS. (DRDO should have used a balck furniture INSAS).

Where there the F-16 and F-18? How about our Combat colour PV-I Tejas..

More pictures please[/img]
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

She is a company representative. When a group of IA folks visited the company's stall, she was asked by a senior company exec to explain the various products in Punjabi.

A few more days for the photos and brochures please.
Neeraj B
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Neeraj B »

Thanks Jai,
She had a pretty good 'stance' for a non Army Person. May be she is Ex-NCC cadet from Ludhiana ;-)
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

IIRC, she was there at the last DefExpo as well... in the same garb. Had a nice photo-op with GF, I believe.
Raju

Post by Raju »

X-Factor Vishnu Som Defexpo coverage live

is on air now.

The opening scene is Vishnu Som trying his hand on a SH simulator.
RajGuru
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajGuru »

Vishnu
Lucky dude!!
Hornet must be hot to handle!!
You really have experience in MS Flight Simulator?
RajGuru
Shishir
BRFite

Post by Shishir »

IAI's exhibits this time around..
Link
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

An ad in Today's Times of Isloo.

JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Amit,

Thanks for the pictures.

Any pictures of information boards? Any info from conversations with folk at Defexpo?

Nice pictures of the Remotely Operated Vehicle. My take is that its meant (initially) for bomb defusion and detonation (that silver tube looks like a gun to blow the explosives up..)
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Just back from the Defexpo,regrettably was able to spend only a day at it.I haven't been able to collect all my thoughts about the various exhibits/exhibotors as yet,but first impressions were that it was a very good expo,full of hard core technology on offer.Another plus point over Aero-India was that business visitors only were allowed,so that there never was a horde of day trippers that clogged the pavilions.There was enough time for exhibitors to explain the various products at leisure,demonstrate their wares to end users,etc.

As usual,the "birds" at the Russian pavilion were the starlets of the show (and I'm not talking about the "Klubs!).Talking of the Klubs,there was some very interesting information about them,types in service,etc.,from the exhibitors.One can expect the full range of this multi-purpose missile to enter service with the IN aboard its ships and subs.Of subs,the models of the Amurs and Kilos were on display,interestingly,the smaller 950 t class of Amur was shown with 8VLS cells for Brahmos. This would be a very cost effective option for the IN as well as navies which want to operate smaller sized subs for their individual requirements.

Finnmecannica (the Italians) had the Whitehead range of torpedoes ,including Blackshark,on display,along with their anti-torpedo acoustic decoys,which can be launched both from subs as well as surface ships. The Germans/Swedes had their wares on display too,showing off the most popular subs in the world,the U-209/12/14 series.A model of a Sea Hake fish was shown,along with our very own light torpedo,shown earlier at Aero-India.

The Brahmos stand featured a video show of several of the Brahmos tests,especially those that sank Petyas and a Nanuchka.there's only one word to describe the missile,awesome! The kind boffins at the stand assured us that the missile was far more lethal than the Moskit/Sunburn that the Chinese operate,aboard their Sovs.,as well as giving us some more details of the capabilities of the missile.models of how the missile can be fitted aboard IN Kashins (VLS cells replacing the aft SAM launcher)and P-15As,again in VLS mode.What comes across immediately is the compactness of the VLS "package" and from this the fact that smaller surface ships ,including large missile craft (650t+)can carry Brahmos if desired.

One of the most interesting products on display was at Lockheed's stand.A helicopter equipped (green-blue) laser system for detecting undersea mines,the full range.The system can be fitted even to UAVs and is a superb method of sanitising coastal/harbour waters with the speed of a helo,that far outpaces that of using a MCM vessel. If we want to buy top line US technology,this is a must! What is also self-evident is that this technology can also detect subs/small UUVs too,which is becoming an increasing threat of the future.tjhe danger from mines due to terrorist attacks/saboteurs canot be ignored and the In should take a very serious look at this offer.One was told that the GOI has been briefed on this offer.Being non-lethal,it would not pose too many problems to acquire.

However,the general feeling is that we are bloody pissed off with Uncle Sam handing over the Orions offered to us to Pak! It only reinforces the unreliablity of the US.This factor will play a major one in the decision to acquire the IAf's multi-role MRCA.There is going to be quite a race for the IN's LRMP requirements,with the interesting possibility of more IL-38SDs too competing with newer jet types. Media reports say that we are interested in acquiring another 8 ex-RN Sea Harriers (which many of us have been advocating on BR),very welcome too! An unanswered question is the replacement for the IN's Sea Kings. The EH-101 is top dog but at pedigree price! The Eurocopter ASW variant or the NH-90 is more likely to be chosen,unless the Brits come up with a package of upgrading the Sea Kings (those capable) along with EH-101s.

The Israelis took full honours for their complete range of UAVs,right down to man-portable ones,amazing stuff! Tavors of all types and sizes caught major attention,perhaps the most sought after stall,beseiged by our sharpshooter types! The "Micro-UZI" caught my eye.Something so small that you could easily conceal it in a jacket ,ideal for special forces,personnel security squads.

More views alter.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Philip,

Any details on Indian projects? Also, is the Black Shark confirmed for us?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

what is the Hanuman truck for ?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The whole desi establishment was there,with all the "usual suspects" displayed.One have seen these models (Nag,Akash,etc,)time and time again,I think now for almost a decade,without any of them entering service! The naval shipbuilding stand,featuring all the major dockyards,with their models of existing types was of interest,but nothing indicating future trends at all.This was in stark comparison to the Russians,where there was a most interesting upgraded version of the Udaloy ASW destroyer that had stealth shaping of the superstructure,more VLS cells,etc. This destroyer would be a very useful acquisition for the IN,especially as our shipyards cannot meet all our requirements and that too on time.Brahmos is the star of the desi stands by far and accoridng to our worthies,many countries are extremely unhappy at our success.talking about possible exports,"not too some of our neighbours", pat came the reply,"the missile will only be delivered free of cost and will not be recalled"!
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Floating axle(s), looks like a TATRA replacement, and the one displayed seems to be carrying a generator of some sort, or whats them radiators for?.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

gallery.

opening one has a para catching an eyeful. :)
http://www.rian.ru/photolents/20060131/43263597.html
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

*Nice pictures of the Remotely Operated Vehicle. My take is that its meant (initially) for bomb defusion and detonation (that silver tube looks like a gun to blow the explosives up..)......

Very soon I am going to post video of this also along with other videos I shot there. That siver tube is actualy the water cannon. According to DRDO it can fire any kind of gun. In total there were 4 different types of ROV in Expo.

Black Shark is not yet confirmed.

And I talked to BOFORS guys and they told me about the modifications they have made to increase range from present 27 to 39 kms. They have increased the barrel length by 90 cm and with turbo charged engine and also some modification in shell loading system.
Field trials will be in May for desserts and they are very hopefull of getting orders from army
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

Singha wrote:what is the Hanuman truck for ?
Hanuman is desi joint venture with MAN to replace TATRA. Also they were showing other veh like Jeeps, Ambulances etc. Not too impressive except the name "Hanuman".

A dashing black coloured fully armoured Scorpio was atracting many.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Any details on the arjun, tank- ex etc?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Weaponry for the Scorpene is sketchy.Apart from the ususal French weaponry,the subs need to have something extra,which is available with our Russian subs,like Klub,or Brahmos variants at a later date.I think that we will have to wait for some time until the details are officially available,as the IN will obviously want to have some weaponry commonality with our subs,whatever the origin.This would also give us an indication of the weaponry that will be found aboard the elusive ATV or whatever!
member_8013
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_8013 »

Someone please please take a picture of the Arjun engine deck. I'm trying to make a line drawing of the tank from all the pictures available on the web; but I can't find any of the engine deck... :cry:
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Philip , Any models of P-28 , P-17 or Mine Sweeper etc
Babui
BRFite

Post by Babui »

Wow!! I had no idea that INSAS family (see Sharma's photos) had a shotgun. Does IA use it? Never seen any public photos of IA personnel with a shotgun !!
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

Please let me know fastest and easiest way of uploading videos here. In total 19 videos of DefeXpo and size ranging fro 3 to 20 mb.
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

Sharma wrote:Please let me know fastest and easiest way of uploading videos here. In total 19 videos of DefeXpo and size ranging fro 3 to 20 mb.
Sharma,

Please try, uploading them to Filefront.com.
Raju

Post by Raju »

After its initial launch, these days it is hard to come by the Insas excalibur.

O Excalibur, where art thou ??
Neeraj B
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Neeraj B »

JCage wrote:gallery.

opening one has a para catching an eyeful. :)
http://www.rian.ru/photolents/20060131/43263597.html
This is the same gal ( Ex NCC Cadet from Ludhiana ;) ) in the following pic. Notice the same tilted helmet. She undoubtedly has the best smile for a person in combat dress, I have ever seen. But for the oversized helmet, she is perfect. The para guy is wondering "Uske daant mere daant se safed kaise".

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5670769 ... 1F5D740B13

BTW, I am reaching Ludhiana on 6th Feb and am meeting Jitesh Vaid. Does anyone want me to convey any messages/regards to him personally? if yes, then email me at neeraj (at) ArtOfLivingPA (.) org.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

What is this Jalopy in the foreground at the TATA Pavilion?

www.rian.ru/photolents/20060131/43263597_7.html