Telugu States' News and Discussion

ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by ramana »

In quest for replicating what was lost in Hyderabad aka Cyberabad, the IT majors are demanding more than pound of flesh.

Growth has its price.

And this is not even in the new capital area.
Eg. the Sanskrit scholar parents want TTD board membership!!!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ramana wrote:One good news is CBN at least has plans to develop three regions in addition to new capital: Anantpur area, Tirupati area and Vizag area.

A whole slew of ports are being renovated.

So if any of you can help channel or socialize the message in your own way please do so for AP and not any caste/waste.
CBN could have beaten the caste perception had he postponed the capital decision to third or fourth year of the term and if had just focused on distributed development. In politics it is rarely about true or false but perception has huge impact. Right now in spite of his best efforts on ports development, milking Chennai Bangalore corridor and milking Vizag Chennai corridor he just cannot beat the perception of taking away all and investing in Capital. CBN's core is now from either banks of river Krishna and it will be an uphill task to beat that perception and core. Probably things will be fine in terms of development but he can still lose the next election.

Even the so called "big capital" itself is a perception. The Vijayawada, Guntur and Tenali outer ring road started couple of years ago. Land acquisition was complete before NDA took office. Metro for Vja, Vizag was also approved long ago. All CBN did was acquiring land for epicenter of the capital that has secretariat, assembly and other government buildings. When you have center of government, there will be commercial activity in the form of hotels, restaurents. The government made all of them to be structured.

Metros, roads, bridges and everything else was planned for VGT five years ago. However, as capital came in, all these long pending things came as some super-duper visible stuff. The government did too much of marketing telling the new capital buildings will be like Dallas, Chicago, Singapore and Indraprasta :) etc, they created a perception. The ulterior motive of government is to increase the land values so that their cronies get the moolah.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

^^^^^^^

There is only one reason ever for a politician to go hard for big ticket projects and that too, so very early in his term.

He has to establish his fairly useless next generation and fill the his own coffers and that of his party and supporters well in time for the next elections.

CBN is not sure that he will be back so he has to protect himself and his brood.

he is not able to loot dilli like he did during the ABV days and NaMo is no pushover. All BJP presidents following AS will be mere puppets if and when AS leaves before the next elections.

with NaMo's popularity still mostly intact, BJP will most certainly improve their tally in AP and TS. The fruits of the BJP labor at the center will peak starting end of 2016. Signs are already becoming apparent now.

If the BJP stays off the high sped bullet train nonsense and suchlike, and everyone keeps their nose to the grinding wheel, concentrating mainly on sadak, bijli and paani type of good works, start to open up manufacturing, manage inflation and open up jobs in tier two and three towns and cities, they are home free and clear.

there is some talk on SM of a thousand crore scam in gujarat popping up soon.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

bhavani wrote:
Rony wrote:
If you define Andhra as Krishna-Guntu belt, that may be true that it was always Kamma vs the rest.But is it all true in North Andhra ? I dont think so. The point you seem to have missed is that not all Kammas are caste fanatics nor caste fanaticism is unique to Kammas. Whenever we are discussing congress, did we do a psudo-analysis of caste fanaticism of Reddy’s and Brahmins ? Are you suggesting that Kammas are more caste centric then other communities ? If yes, then what barometer/examples you are using to measure it ?
Caste Fanaticism is not a unique feature of Kamma'. In Vijayawada area colleges and even in Uttara Andhra all castes have their Groups and they tend to stick together.

Caste formations are nothing new. My only point is even EJ's are not above these barriers of caste.
Yes, I am suggesting that Kammas are indeed more "caste obsessed" than the rest and have taken casteism to a new high. And my assertion is that, they need to tone down their caste obsession significantly as it is one of the reasons fuelling conversions.

Will provide examples in a few days when leisure time abounds, but given the number of people who have supported my views, please dont at least be dismissive.

One thing - you have to admire their collective community characteristics - extremely hardworking, excellent farming & business sense, highly entrepreneurial with an uncanny ability to sense political winds. They established almost all the major educational institutions in Kosta Andhra, without which there would be only missionary schools.

But this is all undone by their hyper caste-obsession. Other communities were clannish and casteist.. but Kammas gave this a new dimension by bringing "caste" into every fold of life. Soon the rest followed imitating them, and took united AP down the drain. Initially there only Kamma Freshers/farewells and non-kamma freshers/farewelss, now each caste has their own freshers/farewells. Initially only Kammas used to tout their movie actors, now Kaapus tout the "Mega" family. Great progress !

EJs are milking the benefits of this caste-fascism that is leading to constant discrimination and reactionary behavior from the rest. Merely barking "Hindutva" and "Hindu unity" and blaming poor people as "rice bag converts" will do squat on the ground, if you sweep the underlying problem under the carpet. The most selfless Hindu organization in Godavari, Krishna dists has been RK Mission not the VHP or RSS - talk to their volunteers who are fighting with missionaries in a losing battle to show benign face of Hinduism - to understand why some people are converting. Not denying the role of financial incentives and global conspiracies like "Joshua Project", but at ground level - there are some who are repeatedly see unfairness in their societies, they may be tempted to consider other alternatives. And this discrimination has NO religious sanction, it has been artificially manufactured to protect the selfish interests of some castes. Perhaps Hindu orgs like VHP, RSS should focus on fighting this caste-fanaticsm first than fighting missionaries.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Yes, I am suggesting that Kammas are indeed more "caste obsessed" than the rest and have taken casteism to a new high. And my assertion is that, they need to tone down their caste obsession significantly as it is one of the reasons fuelling conversions. Will provide examples in a few days when leisure time abounds, but given the number of people who have supported my views, please dont at least be dismissive.
I would be all ears when you have that time. But still the question remains. If all you got is "examples" presumably from your or your friends expereinces, how is that different from my and may be others "examples" which may convey the opposite meaning. Are we down to the level where in generalizing a whole community based on subjective examples is being touted as some kind of "insight" ?
And my assertion is that, they need to tone down their caste obsession significantly as it is one of the reasons fuelling conversions.
Another gem from you. You sir, are rocking here.

The conversions in AP are happening among ALL communities, low caste, hight caste, poor fellow, rich fellow. Are you suggesting that Kamma "caste obsession" is driving the equally rich, powerful, high caste and Caste obsessed Reddy's, Kapus and Brahmins to EJs ? Am i the only one :roll: here .
But this is all undone by their hyper caste-obsession. Other communities were clannish and casteist.. but Kammas gave this a new dimension by bringing "caste" into every fold of life.Soon the rest followed imitating them, and took united AP down the drain.
Again sweeping statement without a shred of evidence to back it up. But who cares about right or wrong when everything boils down to perceptions. The meaning of "casteist" itself means bringing caste into every fold of life. You agree that other communities are casteist. So how is that different from Kammas bringing caste into every fold of life (assuming its true) ?

During break of AP, T-folks equated certain Kamma captalists with all kammas who are equated with all Andhras who are equated with Oppression. Facts mattered little then.Only some perceptions were magnified and only those perceptions mattered. The same is true here.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Rony garu +1.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

gandharva wrote:Image
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

It seems NaMo and Dharmics et al are not happy with CBN (only time will tell what are exact reasons). Except Nirmala Seetharaman (who is elected from AP RS), no other cabinet rank minister had attended for AP's new capital foundation.

If YSR is evil for Dharmics, then I can say CBN is YSR-2.0. CBN is doing nothing to structurally strengthen Hindus. In fact his status quo (suppressing Hindus and pampering minorities) and slightly Sickular attitude is gift to evangelists.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Easy guys. I have seen exceptions many to the "kammas are most caste obsessed" idea. Now, I didn't know about colleges where you had to treat Chaudharys like royalty and speaking to a Ch girl would get you beat up. That might very well be true. But I doubt it's practiced outside of some Krishna-Godavari areas.

but personally I have seen many K families which are nothing like that.

As for Brahmins voting for Congress, this was true until B's as a class were heavily dependent on Govt jobs. I can tell you with certainty that in the <35yrs age crowd, loyalty to INC is either non-existent or a distant memory of their parents' and grandparents' lives.

B's being committed to INC was very much true for as long as they were entirely dependent on Govt jobs. The rise of Private industry has almost entirely neutralized this devotion to INC.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

8)
The girl who came skating from Tirupati to Amaravati to donate her savings said, "Protect this capital from anybody grabbing it"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL_AOwf-lII
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

This appears to be CBN's voice. Will he have to resign?

http://www.sakshi.com/video/news/chandr ... veal-31666
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

gandharva wrote:This appears to be CBN's voice. Will he have to resign?

http://www.sakshi.com/video/news/chandr ... veal-31666
Source is Sakshi which is YSR party Jagan's media :rotfl:

If AP CM is tapped, it is illegal, Telangana government and police are in big trouble. It smells conspiracy, there are no permissions from Governor or Courts as per Parakala (Minster Nirmala Sitaraman's husband).

They can't do much so they are doing "badnam" thru YSR and TRS media. If this is not YSR and TRS medias' creation, whoever released audios to media them from government or courts are in for trouble.

AP Communications Advisor Parakala Prabhakar on babu and Stephenson phone conversation(07-06-2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ogSl_wA3CI

For those who knows faces, Look who is behind Parakala :D
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Pop corn time. Tic for tac tapes. TDP govt releases tape on KTR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lED9Ul1naM
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Archakas and temple staff in Telangana on indefinite strike
Archakas and temple staff in several temples, under the banner of the TS Archaka Sangam, went on an indefinite strike across the state on Thursday demanding the government treat them at par with government employees and pay salaries besides other perks.
There are 2,300 temples under the TS endowments department out of which the strike has paralysed functioning of about 2,000 temples, claimed Bhanumurthy, president of the TS Archaka Sangam. These temples have 3,500 archakas and 2,000 staff on the rolls.
The Sangam also demanded that the government regularise services of contract employees and immediately release Rs 6,000 per temple which has no source of income under doop, deepa and naivedya scheme.
Telangana political Joint Action Committee chairman convener Kodandaram expressed solidarity with the striking employees.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:Pop corn time. Tic for tac tapes. TDP govt releases tape on KTR

Obviously TRS-KCR gang is involved in trying to trap CBN via Revanth Reddy. Who are behind TRS-KCR, just YSRC or BJP is also involved in the conspiracy. I have suspicion it is YSRC that is "sutradhar"

AP is solidly behind CBN on this so if BJP is behind this, it is time to say screw the partnership and go for kill.
member_28674
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28674 »

How is this an AP vs T issue?

It's an issue of Political maneuvering that has been occurring before.. It's just been captured on a camera now. Neither of the two entities involved (TRS or TDP ) are new to this game. The only difference for the time being is that one side has been caught in the act while the other might be caught in the near future (hopefully).

Why sully the governments' of the two states?

And to take it completely away from the official stand of the GoAP, the leaked conversion seems to be from Stephenson's phone which might have been legally tapped and hence legally permissable in the court..
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

ShyamSP wrote:
Rony wrote:Pop corn time. Tic for tac tapes. TDP govt releases tape on KTR

Obviously TRS-KCR gang is involved in trying to trap CBN via Revanth Reddy. Who are behind TRS-KCR, just YSRC or BJP is also involved in the conspiracy. I have suspicion it is YSRC that is "sutradhar"

AP is solidly behind CBN on this so if BJP is behind this, it is time to say screw the partnership and go for kill.
I agree.

TDP should go for the kill. Screw BJP.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

meanwhile, KCR should make some pro-YSJ statements.

this will get things moving in the right direction for AP/TG. TDP moving "in for the kill" against BJP. and TRS/KCR appearing pro-YSJ.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

member_29058
BRFite

Post by member_29058 »

devesh wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

I agree.

Forget BJP. The idiotsin TRS and TDP should behave like mature politicians and work for the development of 2 telugu states. The scums are like the 2 monkeys who went to the old cat for sharing a piece of bread.

I am disappointed with these morons. KCR got the mandate. He should focus on Telangana with all the surplus budget.
Naidu has his mandate. He should focus less on Hyderabad jealousy and more on his overall AP development.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

manoj wrote:
devesh wrote:[quote="ShyamSP"

AP is solidly behind CBN on this so if BJP is behind this, it is time to say screw the partnership and go for kill.quote]

I agree.

Forget BJP. The idiotsin TRS and TDP should behave like mature politicians and work for the development of 2 telugu states. The scums are like the 2 monkeys who went to the old cat for sharing a piece of bread.

I am disappointed with these morons. KCR got the mandate. He should focus on Telangana with all the surplus budget.
Naidu has his mandate. He should focus less on Hyderabad jealousy and more on his overall AP development.
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

It is TRS and YSRCs' operation, possibly BJP too. You mean to say TDP/CBN can't react but have their mouth shut and get abused.

As per AP minister, 120 people are phone-tapped by Telangana government.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWRSMm50yGQ

Since it is illegal to be considered in the courts, they are releasing it to media which in itself makes courts to disqualify any case.

Let's see how this goes. TRS and YSRC have been prodding TDP to come to pig-fight. This case is serious enough to get into pig-fight, otherwise CBN can't be seen in front of AP people as softie to handle drunkard monkeys - TRS, YSR, T-BJP.
member_29058
BRFite

Post by member_29058 »

^^ You can be delusional and blame Modi/BJP. If BJP/Modi want to do this, they would be doing this crooked things to PAPPU,$onia and Kujli. I think you should have some common sense b4 you accuse
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

As per what the 3 speakers say in the video, Governor / Central government can dismiss the Telangana government. Whole affair including Revanth Reddy case is illegal.

Chandrababu Naidu Phone Tapping | Discussion with Retired IAS Padmanabhaiah (09-06-2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2805&v=lkrAiv20Ltc
manoj wrote:^^ You can be delusional and blame Modi/BJP. If BJP/Modi want to do this, they would be doing this crooked things to PAPPU,$onia and Kujli. I think you should have some common sense b4 you accuse
They haven't come out clear nor taken any action, so accusation stands. Don't tell me BJP has no responsibility in this. Center and Governor are part and parcel of the bifurcation law.

You can argue that bifurcation law was passed in a crooked way and BJP was deep in it.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Will you resign if it’s your voice, JPs asks Naidu
Lok Satta Party founder-president Jayaprakash Narayan sought to know whether Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu would offer his resignation if the voice in the audio tapes related to cash-for-vote case is proved to be his.

“How can a person in the post of Chief Minister hide behind technicalities that the voice in the audio tape is not his, but a fabricated one and that it is a case of telephone tapping and would not stand legal scrutiny? The technicalities for establishing a crime cannot be equated with the ethical standards those in public life should adhere to,”
he said.

He also demanded an impartial investigation by CBI under the supervision of Lokpal as both Mr. Naidu and Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao were treating police and Anti Corruption Bureaus in their States as their personal institutions.

Criticising the TRS president too for encouraging defections, he said KCR should explain how his party’s strength in Assembly increased from 63 to 77 and who elected them.
chandrasekhar.m
BRFite

Post by chandrasekhar.m »

kmkraoind wrote:Will you resign if it’s your voice, JPs asks Naidu
Lok Satta Party founder-president Jayaprakash Narayan sought to know whether Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu would offer his resignation if the voice in the audio tapes related to cash-for-vote case is proved to be his.

“How can a person in the post of Chief Minister hide behind technicalities that the voice in the audio tape is not his, but a fabricated one and that it is a case of telephone tapping and would not stand legal scrutiny? The technicalities for establishing a crime cannot be equated with the ethical standards those in public life should adhere to,”
he said.

He also demanded an impartial investigation by CBI under the supervision of Lokpal as both Mr. Naidu and Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao were treating police and Anti Corruption Bureaus in their States as their personal institutions.

Criticising the TRS president too for encouraging defections, he said KCR should explain how his party’s strength in Assembly increased from 63 to 77 and who elected them.
JP saar is too ethical onlee but we need people like him too. This is politics and it is the norm to use whatever legal avenues are available, even if its technicality. Else, the bad guys will anyhow escape the law while better than bad guys will end up cooling their heels in jail.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

JP is anther AAP which did not get traction. He is a useful idiot for INC to take away some % off the Middle and Upper class vote. He can never win elections but a take off a crucial votes which helps the INC become the winner.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

the TRS vs TDP fight is an old fight. literally a 1000 year old fight. I would advise everyone in both states, even if they feel they have some family/clan kinship with either KCR or CBN, stand aside and let them destroy each other.

KCR's moves represent a symbolic break between his kin and the K's in AP. seriously folks, step back and take in the big picture. Both these castes are basically the same people who underwent a political split with bitterness centuries ago. that is still playing out.

My fundamental view that KCR and his ilk (I don't include the K's in this grouping; this is specifically about KCR/TRS) represent an outmoded and dangerous remnant of feudalism in Telangana has not changed. Their addiction to self-aggrandizement is so great that they historically collaborated with Jihadis to secure their power. They were active in fighting against Vijayanagara in collaboration with the Deccani sultanates.

I do believe though that one invisible strength of this feudal class is the historic ties (even after split) with their brethren in Seema and Kosta. this is probably the reason why they still survived after the fall of Nizam regime. I fully support KCR in his hubris. I hope that he goes even further and heaps whatever humiliation he can on TDP/CBN and their backers.

Because once he feels secure enough against TDP in Telangana, their true colors come out. the BC's and OBC's still do have memories, although repressed. The son might be tech savvy and all that, but basically the same hubris haunts him too.

My prescription might sound like devil's medicine. It might be. but I don't see any other way around it. half-hearted measures are useless. the partial cleanup of Operation Polo has effectively been reversed. Both the Islamics and their Hindu collaborators are back in power. Can't repeat this again. I hope KCR and his ilk go all out in their fight on TDP.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What I don't get is KCR has his state and why is he after CBN?
Is it to decimate TDP in Telangana?

Already many stalwarts decamped from TDP in Telangana.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ramana wrote:What I don't get is KCR has his state and why is he after CBN?

Honey Traps, Muthaiah and Stevenson from Telangana are EJs Linked to Anil, YS Jagan's BIL. Muthaiah may be TDP plant too (So in deeper scenario, it is TDP and BJP that hatched whole conspiracy but real clues are not there yet)

Botsa Joined YSRC so Congress and YSRC are joining forces both in AP and T. YS Jagan statement gives away, "Make CBN A1 in ACB case". I'm A1 in scam cases, if CBN is A1, we're equal-equal so no one touches me and can revive his party losing charm.

KCR's goal is to destroy TDP completely so he can be keep selling to BJP or INC depending which of the 2 national parties need what in any given time. So for TRS, YSRC, and INC it is good opportunity to trap CBN. TRS benefits in Telangana and YSRC/INC benefits in AP. The trio successfully pulled TDP in to "Burada" (mud). BJP may be Gunta Nakka (Hyena?/Fox) in this pig fight given their inaction.

By the way, the case falls apart on technicalities as there was no case before they Tapped phone, illegal by any stretch. Election code over-rides ACB during election time - whole trap thing was for MLC elections after all. So instead they used media to defame CBN so both can get sound bytes going forward that CBN is corrupted to repeat in their political and media speeches.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

ShyamSP wrote:

Honey Traps, Muthaiah and Stevenson from Telangana are EJs Linked to Anil, YS Jagan's BIL. Muthaiah may be TDP plant too (So in deeper scenario, it is TDP and BJP that hatched whole conspiracy but real clues are not there yet)

Botsa Joined YSRC so Congress and YSRC are joining forces both in AP and T. YS Jagan statement gives away, "Make CBN A1 in ACB case". I'm A1 in scam cases, if CBN is A1, we're equal-equal so no one touches me and can revive his party losing charm.

KCR's goal is to destroy TDP completely so he can be keep selling to BJP or INC depending which of the 2 national parties need what in any given time. So for TRS, YSRC, and INC it is good opportunity to trap CBN. TRS benefits in Telangana and YSRC/INC benefits in AP. The trio successfully pulled TDP in to "Burada" (mud). BJP may be Gunta Nakka (Hyena?/Fox) in this pig fight given their inaction.

By the way, the case falls apart on technicalities as there was no case before they Tapped phone, illegal by any stretch. Election code over-rides ACB during election time - whole trap thing was for MLC elections after all. So instead they used media to defame CBN so both can get sound bytes going forward that CBN is corrupted to repeat in their political and media speeches.
YSRC and Jagan is making a wrong move by asking to make "CBN A1 in ACB case". The people of Andhra right now really does not care about the this votes case.

In fact there is a lot of us vs them attitude in Andhra people and now support for CBN will harden in Andhra. Most of people will either CBN or will remain static in this case.

Botsa was one of the few congi who were able to retain deposits in last elections. He has huge amount of money, but has lost most of muscle power and political backing.
member_28674
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28674 »

ACB does no phone tapping

Source :http://m.timesofindia.com/city/hyderaba ... 614691.cms
HYDERABAD: Though TDP leadership alleged that their phones were being tapped by the Telangana government, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) officials claim they never resort to such methods for their operations, including in trap cases like the cash-for-vote scam in which three persons, including MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others were arrested last week.

"In the note-for-vote case, nominated MLA Elvis Stephenson himself recorded the phone conversations between him and the other accused and approached us. Later, on the day of trap, we used two iPhones and three digital audio recorders to gather solid audio visual evidence against the culprits," an ACB official, who was part of the operation, told TOI.

The audio recordings in the phone of the complainant are admissible in court. The evidence would be sent to Forensic Science Lab to ensure that it was recorded in the particular device and it was not edited or sourced from another device.

The voice of the accused in the recordings would then be matched with voice samples collected by the probe agency later. If the accused voluntarily gives the voice sample, then it would be sent for a matching test to FSL. Otherwise, the voice sample collected from public records (in Revanth's case Assembly speech records) could be used for matching test, the official said.

The ACB does not indulge in phone tapping because the provision should be used against a person if he or she is suspected to be involved in an act posing threat to the internal security of the nation( left-wing extremists or terrorists). And, hence, even if a law-enforcement agency like ACB gathers evidence against accused using phone tapping, it cannot be produced in court.

"The allegations made against ACB saying that the bureau has been tapping telephones of certain important persons, including the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh are totally baseless and unfounded. The ACB, Telangana, is a professional investigative agency, which works on any case in a professional and objective manner clearly adhering to the law and procedures," ACB, Telangana, director-general (DG) AK Khan said.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

This is all ego clash between KCR and CBN. Moreover KCR might have gotten the reins of Telangana but the prized golden goose of Hyderabad is still with TDP. It is all about getting supremacy on Hyderabad. To achieve this, TRS has to decimate TDP.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Wouldn't Razakar MIM be the advantageous one if TDP gets decimated in Hyderabad ? May be thats the plan ? It will be back to Nizam-Collaborator (or may be Colloborator-Nizam this time) alliance of good ol days if that happens.To Devesh garu's point, may be that outcome is not bad after all
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Don't you get tired of making insinuations left and right ? Before the Telangana formation, you guys were in fear mongering mode, saying it would become a Naxal state or a Razaakar state or violence would be unleashed on Andhra people. It's already been one year, did anything happen ? Infact, he's been celebrating the Hindu festivals with gusto, released 100 crores for Yadigiri Gutta, planning to annex the surrounding hills of the Yadigiri gutta and make it seven hills pilgrimage. Even the funds release for the various irrigation projects were very prompt. He started Kakatiya mission to repair the dilapidated tanks and has been investing lot of money in it. Even the clearance for industries have been pretty fast. If he's so enamored of the Razakars, would he have allowed the encounters of those jihadists ?
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

yvijay garu, easy there. what is it with ‘you guys’ ? Along with what you mentioned, KCR also appointed sania mirza of all the people as T brand ambassador, introduced shaadi mubarak scheme , praised nizam to the skies and made him a defacto father of nation type for Telangana , even diverted the metro rail route to old city on demand of MIM. You are saying as if KCR has no history of alliance with MIM before. When it comes to Greater Hyderabad, TRS-MIM are natural allies. It also fits well with their respective histories.

Just because i said something about TRS/KCR, don’t assume for a moment i have any love for TDP/Babu (if thats what you meant by ‘you guys’). He has his problems with EJs which he needs to tackle but until BJP gets some strength, he is better among the worst.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Here is a question for Telugu Gurus from a confused Naarthie:

Are Kammas like the Jats of Haryana or Yadavs of UP -- supposedly OBC but rich landowners and politically powerful?

And are Velammas like Rajputs -- feudals many of who collaborated with Islamics?

By the way, as a bystandar who watched the heated arguments on BRF when TG was formed, I agree with the poster who says that none of the dire predictions of pogroms and mass exodus of AP people from Hyderabad have come true in over a year. There was a lot of fear-mongering on BRF then.

I think both states will do just fine. Both KCR and CBN are doing OK for their states. KCR is using the surpluses of Hyderabad wisely to develop the rest of Telangana. CBN is getting foreign investors in AP.

One thing I am worried about re. CBN is that he seems to be obsessed with building a Singapore-like capital that will outshine Hyderabad. In doing so, he may once again neglect agriculture, and then get booted out in the next election by the angry rural population, like the last time.

As far as their current spat is concerned, it is normal shenanigans by politicians.

JMHO
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

As far as other dire predictions on BRF, nobody had the pre knowledge that division would be done in such a one sided way. All those predictions assumed that strong congress lobby of Andhra would do exactly opposite, after all that is what they were accused of. But by Feb 2014, knowing that congress would be completely wiped out of Andhra area, SG decided to leave no stone unturned to win the favor in T, and accordingly wrote the AP reorganization act. This is what saved T from the so called dire predictions.

In any case, it is too early to judge what the destiny of the two states would be. I feel both are under horrible leadership. It may take another 10-15 years to realize what has been lost or gained.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

While CBN may be bad, I seriously doubt he is as bad as many horrible C.M.s we have around India. He can do well except for his stupidity for "Mega Capital".
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Yagnasri wrote:While CBN may be bad, I seriously doubt he is as bad as many horrible C.M.s we have around India. He can do well except for his stupidity for "Mega Capital".
It's more of a logistics exercise to replenish his war chests and those of his backers well before any political mishap occurs and definitely before the next elections. He cannot depend upon the BJP in the center to pull his nuts out of the fire due to strained relations, mainly caused due to his own political miscalculations.

he is merely using telugu pride as a camouflage.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

yvijay wrote:Don't you get tired of making insinuations left and right ? Before the Telangana formation, you guys were in fear mongering mode, saying it would become a Naxal state or a Razaakar state or violence would be unleashed on Andhra people. It's already been one year, did anything happen ? Infact, he's been celebrating the Hindu festivals with gusto, released 100 crores for Yadigiri Gutta, planning to annex the surrounding hills of the Yadigiri gutta and make it seven hills pilgrimage. Even the funds release for the various irrigation projects were very prompt. He started Kakatiya mission to repair the dilapidated tanks and has been investing lot of money in it. Even the clearance for industries have been pretty fast. If he's so enamored of the Razakars, would he have allowed the encounters of those jihadists ?
Do you have any ground statistics of the Kakatiya mission. If completed it will be a good thing. So far other than this dashboard, there are no details anywhere:
http://missionkakatiya.cgg.gov.in/publicDashboard

I hope this is not another Jala Yagnam program of Late YSR. All over the state either there are just pot hole diggings or non-existing bridges. Jala yagnam is the biggest loot ever in India in any parameters.