Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10, 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10,

Post by disha »

CRamS wrote:Burka Bibi was already on UndY faking patriotic angst, but giving her good TSP friend Shehzaad Chutiya (her own words that he is her good friend) the exact alibi that he needed; he latched on to Burka's slimy mention that the pigLeT contradicted himself, which the Chutiya latched on to and said, see you yourself are saying that he is making some conflicting statements, so lets bring in US, bring in NATO, bring in UNMOGIP etc etc to "investigate". And of course, we have our own impotent chuitays fight it out (I mean the Cong and BJP, not the Gen Jaswal, I salute him) in front of the Paki as he has that gotcha triumphant smirk on his face. Man our Paki policy makes me puke.
I have said this before and now it is confirmed that you have some S&M fetish - to watch rNDTV and come here and do a rona-dhona and tie it to "our Paki policy". This is a rNDTV show and it is not "our paki policy" it is rNDTV's paki policy.

You can watch rNDTV for your S&M needs but please do not do rona-dhona here to get over your post S&M pain.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Guru's I have been trying to do some data mining on Pakistan. The approach I am planning to take is to look at you tube videos of Pakistani cities and towns. Not news clippings and not documentaries but just amateur videos shot from cars /buses and trains. without any agenda. The approach is like mining big data look at images and try to capture something meaningful. Almost like bits of pearl's from scanning Ocean floor. Till now I haven't really found anything interesting that we haven't seen otherwise. Complete absence of women in public life in second tier cities. All men seem to be in mono chrome salwar kameez. Trains are horrible coaches are unclean rusty and sway like hell, the time they take are huge. Very barren landscape in entire southern region. Surprising find was when I was looking at footage of Hyderabad Sindh. It seems to have better than expected infrastructure. I mean I do not know much how where this city stands in pecking order of paki cities. I always thought Isloo, Lawhore, Karachi were the standard to show to foreigners cities with designer malls flyovers expressways etc. Hyderabad did have wider roads, better shops and least 2-3 flyovers that were visible in that footage shot from some moving car. The roads seemed to also have less potholes. Swage infrastructure was terrible in all cities. Population density also looks very high. Hardly saw any kids in school uniform most kids either playing cricket or rag pickers :mrgreen: . Looked at Quetta and that city is almost without any good infrastructure. Sindh I guess can survive independently. Havent yet started looking at Pakjab.

If anyone has any tips on what I can look at or for please let me know
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Army Gernails :D Lose Rs. 1.80 Billion By `Playing` Stock Market With Public Funds ; Culprits Sentenced Under Army Act :!:
RAWALPINDI: Two retired army generals and a civilian officer of the National Logistics Cell (NLC) were sentenced by an army court for violating NLC rules and regulations that caused financial losses to the organisation, a statement issued by military’s media wing said Wednesday.
Aam Abduls should note that such are their guardians :mrgreen:
In light of findings of the inquiry committee, formed to probe irregularities with regards to the investment made by NLC, two accused retired generals — Maj Gen (retd) Khalid Zahir Akhter and Lt Gen (retd) Muhammad Afzal Muzaffar — were awarded punishments under the Pakistan Army Act for illegally investing Rs4.3billion in the stock market and causing a loss of Rs1.8 billion, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.[*]
[*] This is only one that got caught ; what about other ones whose ` jiska nam-o-nishan nahee `` :mrgreen:

However, Lt Gen (retd) Khalid Munir Khan was not found involved in any financial irregularity :eek: [*] or serious misconduct and therefore was absolved from all charges.[/quote]

[*][/b] Right connections maybe :mrgreen: or too important to touch
member_23365
BRFite

Post by member_23365 »

Gagan wrote:http://www.dawn.com/news/1198554

Some sarkari abdul cut akram's car off with his car, then opened fire.
Akram wasn't hurt, but his car sustained a bullet injury :lol:

Baki bolis are calling in a clear cut case of road rage - AOA

I guess baajisataani people don't want him going to IPL alone
It could be hafta collections didn't reach in time, warning shots..
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

So this was an abdul captured 3 yrs ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6xqf_a7d8

What new info are we expecting to get from this one?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Abhay_S wrote:There has been some discussion about the new Grand Master of suhrawardy street in one of the threads. here is some discussion about his 2 recent 'Salafs'. watch from 08:00 mins

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30041 ... -2015_news
This guy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Simon_Sharaf
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

disha wrote: I have said this before and now it is confirmed that you have some S&M fetish - to watch rNDTV and come here and do a rona-dhona and tie it to "our Paki policy". This is a rNDTV show and it is not "our paki policy" it is rNDTV's paki policy.

You can watch NDTV for your S&M needs but please do not do rona-dhona here to get over your post S&M pain.
If there was a more aggressive paki policy, then I would dismiss Burka with the contempt she deserves. And there is no rhona dhona. Please watch Ajai Sahni and Gen jaswal. Were they doing rhona dhona too?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

For posterity only
The relationship between Shuja Nawaz Pasha, Ashfaq Pervez Kiyani, Nawaz Sharif, Gilani.

The PTI dharna etc is discussed.

How General Zaheer ul Islam ISI chief was dismissed and Rizwan Akhtar was made ISI chief in Nov 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9L3uQVbWrU

This was posted by Abhay_S ji in the TSP multimedia dhaga.
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

KLNMurthy wrote:

May I ask why? Is there a forum policy to exclude or limit consideration of psychological aspects relating to pakistan?
Much of intelligence involves 'getting into the mind' of the opponent/enemy. You aim for a psychological profile/description of behavior as accurately (nuanced) as possible. And the problem KLNMurthy tries tackles in his original post is a real one and I think he did it in a productive manner.
Melwyn

Post by Melwyn »

Shutup all you evil hindoos. Here comes the next djinn miracle.

Pakistan: The Next Colombia Success Story?

Pakistan has the potential to be a global turnaround story. I recently spent time in-country listening to a wide range of perspectives and I am convinced that U.S. policymakers and business leaders need to look at Pakistan beyond the security lens. Getting our relationship right will require deeper thinking and action on issues around trade and investment, education, and broader economic development. The United States ought to be Pakistan’s preferred partner given its 70-year relationship. But in order to participate in the upside of the Pakistan story, the United States will need to view Pakistan not as a problem to be solved but as a potential partner. There are several changes that suggest the United States should soon act on this opportunity.

The Pakistan of today is similar to that of Colombia in the late 1990s. Back then, words like “drugs, gangs, and failed state” were freely associated with the Andean country. Today, Colombia has a free trade agreement with the United States, a stable 3.5 percent annual GDP growth, and security is vastly improved. Similarly, Western headlines on Pakistan today gloss over the progress on the security front, the increased political stability, and incremental progress on the economic front. In spite of this potential for Pakistan, it continues to suffer from a terrible country brand that has not caught up with realities on the ground.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X-Posted on the China Watch Thread - 1

China asks US to help fight Muslim militants in Xinjiang region
BEIJING: China has appealed for United States support in fighting Islamist militants in the far western Chinese region of Xinjiang, saying they are also a threat to the US.
This is a cue for India that similarly Cwapistan is also perpetrating Terrorism in India

This is indeed a turn-up for the book!
Cheers Image
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Multatuli wrote: Much of intelligence involves 'getting into the mind' of the opponent/enemy. You aim for a psychological profile/description of behavior as accurately (nuanced) as possible.
This assumes the enemy is monolithic. if the "enemy" is a large group of people, then the mindset associated with the statistically significant group that wields most influence in creating trouble, is the one that needs to be understood. So here is a clue to everyone who wants to conduct courses on Sucking Eggs 101 to grandmother: this group does not live in the USA and speak good english with complex and layered thoughts. Anyone in this group is either affiliated with the paki army/establishment or associated with one of the myriad terrorist groups in pakistan.

The cannon fodder group is nurtured by the pakistani establishment is mostly poor, has no schooling, cannot read English or Urdu and gets most of its information from friday sermons. This group is the one that sends its kids to kill hindus in J&K or to training camps run by the JuD. So anyone pretending they are doing "paki psychoanalysis" will first have to show that the group they are analyzing is actually the source of India's pakistan problem.

The group that sends its kids to foreign shores are the ones who have ties to the military and political elite, and these are the janus-faced liars one gets to meet in the USA or elsewhere. There is no reason to take such people at face value and then proclaim that nuances of pakis have been understood. This group exists to provide the "pakistanis speak so good english" image to the rest of the world and have created a system where poor and uneducated pakis willingly allow their spawn to go fight for terrorist groups.

Watching what the power groups in pakistan do is more useful than psychoanalyzing random groups of pakis who may or may not wield any influence in the course of events in pakistan. Just stating the obvious.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

^One again you hit it out of the ball park as you do most of the time with your own inimitable style and characteristic flair!
A big +1 for Mr T!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

kmkraoind wrote:Mullah Omar worked as potato vendor to escape detection in Pakistan

I think this is BS and has been put to absolve Pakis of any wrongdoing. If MO has become a street vendor in Karachi, then he must have linguistic skills of Urdu and Sindhi, which I think is doubtful.

Soon Ayman Al Zawahiri will be a pious fisherman.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Right and he was going to Quetta Shura under the guise of buying extra potatoes.

Mullah Omar (or people acting on his behalf) were fully in control of the Taliban. This was revealed when US negotiated the freedom of Bowe Bergdahl. US negotiated with taliban representatives in Qatar. They communicated to Taliban leadership in Pakistan, who communicated to Taliban field commanders in Afghanistan, collected the demands and made the prisoner exchange possible.

This level of control and command, coordinated communication etc cannot be done part time while selling potatoes.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IOW Mullah Omar's death is a Paki coup to takeover Taliban.

Now these were the 'good' Taliban listening to every Hamid Ghoulish fancy.
Yet they get taken over by paksi!

Why?
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

ramana wrote:
kmkraoind wrote:Mullah Omar worked as potato vendor to escape detection in Pakistan

I think this is BS and has been put to absolve Pakis of any wrongdoing. If MO has become a street vendor in Karachi, then he must have linguistic skills of Urdu and Sindhi, which I think is doubtful.

Soon Ayman Al Zawahiri will be a pious fisherman.
I also think that this report is bunk and /or BS
Note Reporter Name ...Tom Hussein -- probably a US born second generation Paki - unfamiliar with Pakistan's history and I.S.I's perfidy; probably fed a lot of bull by unknown "intelligence" sources
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

CRamS wrote:
disha wrote: I have said this before and now it is confirmed that you have some S&M fetish - to watch rNDTV and come here and do a rona-dhona and tie it to "our Paki policy". This is a rNDTV show and it is not "our paki policy" it is rNDTV's paki policy.

You can watch NDTV for your S&M needs but please do not do rona-dhona here to get over your post S&M pain.
If there was a more aggressive paki policy, then I would dismiss Burka with the contempt she deserves. And there is no rhona dhona. Please watch Ajai Sahni and Gen jaswal. Were they doing rhona dhona too?
Hey, I do not watch NDTV. So do not make me break my dharma. And yes there is a very aggressive baki policy in place., we just do not know about it. :P
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Afghan president holds Pakistani identity card [*][/url]

[*] Cannot be confirmed by any other source :rotfl:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Brad Goodman wrote:Guru's I have been trying to do some data mining on Pakistan. The approach I am planning to take is to look at you tube videos of Pakistani cities and towns. Not news clippings and not documentaries but just amateur videos shot from cars /buses and trains. without any agenda. The approach is like mining big data look at images and try to capture something meaningful. Almost like bits of pearl's from scanning Ocean floor. Till now I haven't really found anything interesting that we haven't seen otherwise. Complete absence of women in public life in second tier cities. All men seem to be in mono chrome salwar kameez. Trains are horrible coaches are unclean rusty and sway like hell, the time they take are huge. Very barren landscape in entire southern region. Surprising find was when I was looking at footage of Hyderabad Sindh. It seems to have better than expected infrastructure. I mean I do not know much how where this city stands in pecking order of paki cities. I always thought Isloo, Lawhore, Karachi were the standard to show to foreigners cities with designer malls flyovers expressways etc. Hyderabad did have wider roads, better shops and least 2-3 flyovers that were visible in that footage shot from some moving car. The roads seemed to also have less potholes. Swage infrastructure was terrible in all cities. Population density also looks very high. Hardly saw any kids in school uniform most kids either playing cricket or rag pickers :mrgreen: . Looked at Quetta and that city is almost without any good infrastructure. Sindh I guess can survive independently. Havent yet started looking at Pakjab.

If anyone has any tips on what I can look at or for please let me know
+1

yes I have done this in the past. It can be pretty revealing, but it still tends not to go into really decrepit "interior areas" of the type we saw in photos after the shitistan floods when reporters got to photograph the real Packees. But do keep it up - some surprising things come out.

Nearly a decade ago I had estimated, from various sources the Pakistan had a "middle class" of about 10%. Need to do some data mining again to see if anything has changed. There are some things we never get to see - like there are 1 million internally displaced people from the Wank-e ZubZub operation in Waziristan.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Hyderabad Sindh has a HUGE military township, that is located in the northwest of the main town, but sprawls over into the main township.

The pakistanis have a Cadet Training College there, also adjacent to this is a storage site for N weapons.

A lot of the cities are adjacent to military cantonements, and the cantonement boards usually have decent funds to maintain the township well.

Hyderabad being the second largest city after Karachi in Sindh probably gets pretty good funding by Pakistani standards.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://nation.com.pk/columns/06-Aug-201 ... ad-lashkar

Good lashkar, bad lashkar
hile Chinese influence seems to have played a major role in the ongoing jihadist cleansing, there is one category of mujahideen that appears to have more value than the $46 billion CPEC bid from Beijing. With Pakistan resisting the sectarian Saudi alliance with GCC countries in Yemen, the Pakistani Taliban becoming the establishment’s personal foe, Baloch separatists being dealt with bellicose paranoia and the Afghan Taliban being pushed to Kabul’s negotiation table, Islamabad seems to be en route to purging the inward and westward looking jihadists – but can the same be said for those inclining eastwards?In spite of the two-month deadline set by the Islamabad High Court (IHC) in April for Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) leader Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi’s bail and the conclusion of the Mumbai attack case, the high court hasn’t taken any action over the bail’s expiry despite over 50 days having gone by. Lakhvi, who was released from Adiala Jail on April 10, has also refused to send his voice samples to India for investigation, with his lawyer claiming that Pakistani law requires the accused’s consent before a voice sample can be taken. What’s also interesting to note here is China blocking India’s move in the UN, which demanded action against Pakistan for releasing Lakhvi. This, in turn, suggests that Beijing is perfectly fine with eastward looking jihadists as long as they steer clear of the multi-pronged CPEC routes.Yesterday’s arrest of the alleged Pakistani militant from Indian-held Kashmir, a week after the Gurdaspur attack, will ruffle all kinds of feathers in South Asia, especially after the unceremonious diplomatic Indo-Pak skirmishes of the recent past. According to the inspector general of police, the suspected LeT militant is ‘Faisalabad-based’ with the Indian media brimming over with the arrested man’s quotes about how he went to India “to kill Hindus” and how the whole thing was “fun”. Even though the claims of the Indian authorities or media – just like their Pakistani counterparts – shouldn’t be treated as the Holy Gospel, there is little doubt about sections of the Pakistani establishment historically supporting jihad in Kashmir.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Brad,

If you are looking, please observe for clothing characteristics, colors, types... If mainly shalwar, what % in your estimate; what percentage in "western clothes" across demographics; equally important, how well turned out are they, ironed or creased that sort of general thing, how well groomed, well-cut hair that sort of thing....

Also new vehicles, past 5-7 years... How often seen in these videos... As well as donkey and horse carts or bullock carts.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

CRamS wrote: And of course, we have our own impotent chuitays fight it out (I mean the Cong and BJP, not the Gen Jaswal, I salute him) in front of the Paki as he has that gotcha triumphant smirk on his face. Man our Paki policy makes me puke.
Forget GOI policy. Consider the simple fact that in this environment of Paki mayhem, a large segment of North India has helped a film like Bajrangi Bhaijaan become the third-biggest ever grosser in Bollywood. :roll:

If anyone has taken a more massive hit to credibility than even GOI as a result of this brazen Paki act - its got to be the Bhaiwood-loving North Indian populace.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

JE Menon wrote:Brad,

If you are looking, please observe for clothing characteristics, colors, types... If mainly shalwar, what % in your estimate; what percentage in "western clothes" across demographics; equally important, how well turned out are they, ironed or creased that sort of general thing, how well groomed, well-cut hair that sort of thing....

Also new vehicles, past 5-7 years... How often seen in these videos... As well as donkey and horse carts or bullock carts.
JEM - one reason why western clothes are becoming ubiquitous is that readymade cheap clothes are being dumped into every market. I just saw a video of a shitty Paki village which looks like a dump but a boy is in T shirt and jeans. I suspect that western clothes, like cellphones are not a great indicator of anything other than what has become cheap and widely available
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Arjun wrote:Forget GOI policy. Consider the simple fact that in this environment of Paki mayhem, a large segment of North India has helped a film like Bajrangi Bhaijaan become the third-biggest ever grosser in Bollywood. :roll:

If anyone has taken a more massive hit to credibility than even GOI as a result of this brazen Paki act - its got to be the Bhaiwood-loving North Indian populace.
North India has much fewer cinema screens than South. I suspect much of the "collections" of trash like BB comes from overseas- Middle East, Naarth America and Europe not to mention South East asia with a large overseas Indian, Paki and BD population.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Arjun wrote:
CRamS wrote: And of course, we have our own impotent chuitays fight it out (I mean the Cong and BJP, not the Gen Jaswal, I salute him) in front of the Paki as he has that gotcha triumphant smirk on his face. Man our Paki policy makes me puke.
Forget GOI policy. Consider the simple fact that in this environment of Paki mayhem, a large segment of North India has helped a film like Bajrangi Bhaijaan become the third-biggest ever grosser in Bollywood. :roll:

Arjun,

I know what you wrote in your post is just another version of the popular sentiment of this forum. But let me offer some thoughts on this.

First off let me say I had to sit through this insufferable movie since my wife wanted to see it. Most of it was sh*t crap. But it was high on sentimentality and I'm sure the lovely innocent look on that child actor's face resulted in at least Rs 100 crore in extra sales. She was adorable.

The general Indian population is high on sentimentality and this film was successful because it told of a story of the hero overcoming "impossible" (exceedingly stupid in my opinion) odds to do "right" for a "masoom" little girl. I live outside of Desh and I saw this movie in a hall full of so-called well-educated Deshis and there was actual handclapping (something I heard after a long time) when the film ended with the girl calling out "Jai Shree Ram" while rushing into Salman Khan's arms. I can imagine what the reaction was in many halls in small towns in India.

The point is the film is well crafted in the sense that it managed to press all the sentimentality buttons of the Indian populace. It created a make believe "India and Indians" and a make believe "Pakistan and Pakistanis" and I'm sure folks who went to watch the movie and clapped understood that just very well - it was feel good film which did its job.

I can an imagine a situation in which such a film despite being made with such a "successful" formula would bomb at the box office. And that is in a situation where the Indian population or as you say North Indian population is the exact mirror image of the Pakistani population. That is if it were a society full of religious bigots which persecuted its minorities and taught kids to hate religious minorities via school curriculum.

If India had been such a society then one benefit would have been that our Pakistani/Islamic problem would have been solved a long time ago.

But the question we need to ask is once the problem was/is solved via this means - meaning creating a society which rejects a film because it shows Muslims/Pakistanis in a relatively "good and harmless" light, what do we do? Do we just revert back to our civilisational ethos - which is tolerance for other POVs - with just a push of a button?

It doesn't work like that and I don't know about you but I'd rather live and identify with a society which sends a stupid, idiotic film to box office stardom just because it's packaged with the correct dose of sentimentality rather than live/identify with a society that rejects such a film because it shows Pakistanis and Muslims is a "relatively good light".

Bottomline the success or otherwise of this film is no indication of any alleged failure of the Indian society or its Indic values. It has no relation to what people really think about Pakistan and the terrorism it sponsors. The same people will cheer the Modi sarkar if it very publicly takes out a few training camps in Pakistan.

As a sidenote, I also remember - can't recall the names as I'm not a big fan of Hindi films - of many successful films which had a decided anti-Pakistan and Pakistan as the source of all terrorism themes that were pretty successful at the box office as well.
Last edited by amit on 06 Aug 2015 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Kashi wrote:North India has much fewer cinema screens than South. I suspect much of the "collections" of trash like BB comes from overseas- Middle East, Naarth America and Europe not to mention South East asia with a large overseas Indian, Paki and BD population.
Not true. Domestic box office accounts for 75% or more of Bollywood revenues.

Check out the breakup of BB collections by country in this link: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/box-off ... res/id/513. Overseas percentage is higher than typical (33%) but based on domestic revenue alone, BB ranks among top 2 or 3 grossers.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Arjun wrote:Not true. Domestic box office accounts for 75% or more of Bollywood revenues.

Check out the breakup of BB collections by country in this link: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/box-off ... res/id/513. Overseas percentage is higher than typical (33%) but based on domestic revenue alone, BB ranks among top 2 or 3 grossers.
I did try and dissuade a few acquaintances and relatives from paying to watch for BB..it wasn't a complete failure!!
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

shiv wrote:

JEM - one reason why western clothes are becoming ubiquitous is that readymade cheap clothes are being dumped into every market. I just saw a video of a shitty Paki village which looks like a dump but a boy is in T shirt and jeans. I suspect that western clothes, like cellphones are not a great indicator of anything other than what has become cheap and widely available
Tx doc, I have an open mind on that... No idea about the motivations, nor ascribing any for the moment. But my thinking is that going forward, if western clothes become ubiquitous, mindsets might begin to change in some ways - like tendency for technology absorption; I gather from your comment that cheap Chinese/Indian made Western clothes are less expensive than the traditional shalwar? That in itself is interesting to note. Certainly this is more prevalent among males, but wonder if its prevalence within female demographic is growing...
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Ootoobe is probably less than accessible in bakistan:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1162139

for all the made up reasons that north koriya does not have, you tell me why. And for this reason while i submit to ootoobe observations of places in bakistan if need be, i draw NOT any inferences. The selection bias implies even this datum is curated and therefore not indicative of anything statistical. Is it worse (grievances getting out) or better (bakistanis bosting poasting, the famous bbp condition of eggs-e-lint pingraiji) no one knows. There is not enough videos out there to ass-e-cess the true condishun.

On to clothes -- the shalwar is universal. Read not much into it.
On to languaje -- pingraiji lafz are obligatury. i comd0m anyone objecting. Read not much into it.
On to poverty -- 2 billion south asians defekate. period.
On to trains -- what trains?
On to houses -- No reajonable bakistani piulds a house near a road where anyone can lob a hand granayde in. you will never see vhedio of real bakistan. also only real houses are those piult by bahria. guess what pahria means.
On to snot -- it is a condition related to pollushun from koal fired bower blants of the sdre. they also steal electrisity of bakistani water so it floods eajilee.

Now the only constructive comment, for best results both on the slip-e-tong-you and poasting blij to vijit eskyskrapershitty onlee.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

amit wrote:I can an imagine a situation in which such a film despite being made with such a "successful" formula would bomb at the box office. And that is in a situation where the Indian population or as you say North Indian population is the exact mirror image of the Pakistani population. That is if it were a society full of religious bigots which persecuted its minorities and taught kids to hate religious minorities via school curriculum.
You are offering a binary choice, with tolerance levels being either in the soppily sentimental state currently found in India or being akin to its polar opposite, Pakistan.

The way I see it - India scores say +100 on tolerance and Pakistan scores -100 on the same scale. There's a whole range in between! On the same parameter, the US of A may well be at +30. And I can't imagine a film with theme similar to BB ever having any kind of success in the US (eg after 9/11 , a film portraying Arabs as having same values as Americans, or during the Cold War that Russians and Americans are brothers-in-arms. No waay is this kind of theme ever going to work in even a society like the US).
But the question we need to ask is once the problem was/is solved via this means - meaning creating a society which rejects a film because it shows Muslims/Pakistanis in a relatively "good and harmless" light, what do we do? Do we just revert back to our civilisational ethos - which is tolerance for other POVs - with just a push of a button?
I really don't see the problem here.

I don't have much regard for communism, because I *know* that a society would lose its potential for achievement under communist principles. I definitely would reject a film that tried to portray communism or communists in a good light.

My feelings regarding Islam & Pakistan are quite similar to my feelings regarding communism.

We cannot ban Islam, nor can we ban communism. But we can certainly have a better understanding of where humanity will be headed if misguided ideologies were to become dominant. We can and should base our personal decisions and choices on the basis of this understanding.
As a sidenote, I also remember - can't recall the names as I'm not a big fan of Hindi films - of many successful films which had a decided anti-Pakistan and Pakistan as the source of all terrorism themes that were pretty successful at the box office as well.
Well I am not a big fan either of Hindi films - but I think you are referring to Gadar and other Deol films which came out more than 15 years ago. It would be quite normal for any society to have spy movies based on topical themes with the graph going up or down depending on current events. Why is it that Indian society is so atypical that after that spurt of 15 years back (which was followed by breast-beating in Paki and Indian secular media) - Paki-as-enemy movies haven't followed the graph of terrorist attacks on India? Terrorist attacks on India have exploded since then (culminating in 26/11) - how many Paki-as-enemy movies have we seen? I wouldn't be surprised if 'aman ki asha' movies have far surpassed the anti-Pak movies in number despite an increase in Paki terrorism.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10,

Post by Peregrine »

If you are looking, please observe for clothing characteristics, colors, types... If mainly shalwar, what % in your estimate; what percentage in "western clothes" across demographics; equally important, how well turned out are they, ironed or creased that sort of general thing, how well groomed, well-cut hair that sort of thing...

shiv wrote:JEM - one reason why western clothes are becoming ubiquitous is that readymade cheap clothes are being dumped into every market. I just saw a video of a shitty Paki village which looks like a dump but a boy is in T shirt and jeans. I suspect that western clothes, like cellphones are not a great indicator of anything other than what has become cheap and widely available
Shiv Ji :

Pakistan is a HUGE IMPORTER of Second Hand Clothing.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Revealed: ‘NADRA men helped terrorists get Pakistani identity cards’
Several top ranking officers of the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) have helped terrorists and other miscreants obtain fake national identity cards of Pakistan, reveals a report shared by the country’s premier intelligence agency with the NADRA chairman.

In the report, the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) listed 40 officials who have been involved in issuance of fake national identity cards. Some retired army officers, who currently hold top positions in NADRA’s Karachi office, are also on the list. They include General Manager (Projects) Brig (retd) Ehsanul Haq, Deputy GM (Operations) Lt-Col (retd) Aqeel Ahmed and Deputy GM (Operations) Maj (retd) Nihal.
Cheers Image
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ramana wrote:IOW Mullah Omar's death is a Paki coup to takeover Taliban.

Now these were the 'good' Taliban listening to every Hamid Ghoulish fancy.
Yet they get taken over by paksi!

Why?
Yeah, they were the 'good Taliban'. But, there again are two categories within them, 'the good good Taliban' which is what the ISI-pasand Mansour et al are and then there is a 'bad good Taliban' which is what the Doha-based Abdul Qayum Zakir, Mullah Omar's son and Mullah Omar's brother are.

The 'bad good Taliban' are Ghoulish.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

What the world at large does not understand is that Pakistani terrorism is a complete package.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Last edited by Comer on 06 Aug 2015 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Was this posted earlier?
http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/ ... ouble-game
By August 2015, the ISI is in total control of the following: Afghan Taliban including the so-called Haqqani Network; Tehreek-e-Taliban Punjab; Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, also functioning as Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat; the AQIS; Jaish-e-Muhammad; Harkatul Mujahideen; and Lashkar-e-Taiba. The key argument of this essay is: As a state, India faces a jihadist threat emerging from these state-backed actors. Pakistan views itself in a civilizational struggle against India. Fair says the Pakistani “army has long seen itself as the protector of Pakistan's Islamic ideology and has come to frame its conflict with India in civilizational terms”. She adds, "Pakistan's army will insist on action at almost any cost, even that of presiding over a hollow state." Carter is right in one sense: someone is planning an Armageddon in India. As a society, India faces real threat from home-grown jihadists, and yes ISIS is a real threat but it is not coming from Pakistani state, not as yet. The problem with radicalization is this: it could exploit faultlines in Indian society, especially since most Indians treat India as their mistress: cops can be bought off for 50 rupees; politicians can cash in bribes or cause riots; judiciary functions for the rich; Indians look at our poor with extreme contempt and spit right in the middle of roads. To check radicalization, first get the country's rule of law and Indian cohesion right.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Arjun wrote: The way I see it - India scores say +100 on tolerance and Pakistan scores -100 on the same scale. There's a whole range in between! On the same parameter, the US of A may well be at +30. And I can't imagine a film with theme similar to BB ever having any kind of success in the US (eg after 9/11 , a film portraying Arabs as having same values as Americans, or during the Cold War that Russians and Americans are brothers-in-arms. No waay is this kind of theme ever going to work in even a society like the US).
1) Pro-Soviet: During the height of Cold-war, they had an Arnie starrer called Red Heat. Shows the Soviet system in a flattering light, compared to Belushi's derelict pandu-dom. It was a rather successful film, which was IMO, a brilliant counter-strategy to divvy up the soviet edifice. A Chuck Norris' Delta Force would have the aisles in moscow ROTFL at the sight of a shaggy dime-store attendant taking on the Beqa Valley, but this Arnie one, kind of get confusing for them Soviets.... Arnie in soviet uniform is like a jillion times impressive with his Tokarev than the usual pasty looking Soviet villains of say, Bond franchise

2) Pro-Arab: The film Syriana is a movie that shows the arab ruler who gets droned, as the one who has more compassion and dignity than the khan side.

Both did exceptionally well. I suspect both acted as emotional tampons for the educated Joe Sovieti and the slightly educated Abdul working at some Noor Bank. After a barrage of ghalis from khan, a pat in the back. The pat in the back will help caliberate the impact of the next barrage of blows.

I personally take these crappy bollywood-pappi-jhappi movies that way. Once a while, someone has to give a handie to the baki-cheeni elites. Better khan-dudes than any others 8)