India-EU News & Analysis

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
member_29172
BRFite

Re: India-EU News & Analysis

Post by member_29172 »

All the high and mighty talk of hooman rights and amnesty is back firing as Europe is filling up with millions of (mostly) muslim migrants from Syria, porkistan, bangladesh and some African countries. Lots of right wing and "moderates" are getting their undies in a twist over this so-called invasion. Youtube is filled with parody and fear mongering videos about europe turning into the new eurabia and how whites will be killed off their own continent.

Some liberal Germans are actually accommodating 5-6 migrants in their homes while a lot more are protesting or venting their anger on social media. It's amusing to see how these bleeding hearts who preach peace and tolerance change their color when the shoe is on other foot. I've seen a lot of videos of immigrants being punched and slapped by the local police in hungary and greece. Greece seems to have a surprising number of paki and turkish populations. The greek neo-nazi party "golden dawn" is becoming more and more popular among the commoners there. Europe in general is becoming more right wing and "Europe for whites only" type videos are becoming popular in social media.

Fun times we live in, we might get see another Nazi-style uprising in our own lifetimes.

Wonder who'll play the role of america this time given that america has started to look like the uk of early 20th century; overburdened with debt, engaged in war everywhere and a discontent population back home.
Russia reminds of Ottoman empire; an empire disconnected from the west but still considered equally powerful and dangerous to the western ideals while ofcourse China is looking more like the Japanese empire or the USSR of the 30s, albeit richer.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

20 ways to divide Europe

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Jarita wrote:My post from another thread
Merkel ki jai ho

https://twitter.com/IraqiSuryani1/statu ... 5104588800

Angela Merkel is trying to be to the ME refugees what Indira Gandhi was to the Bangladesh Refugees.
The parallels are dazzling and so delicious.
Germany = India / solace to refugees
US/UK and their associates = Pakistan & it's associates / villains of the piece and creating chaos

I wonder if the Germans thought so far. I am sure they thought so far. Will Germany finally intervene militarily. They will have the strongest voice globally on behalf of the beleaguered refugees for sure even if they don't.

This is such a pivotal point. People are looking at trivialities like demographics. Germany provides only 4-5 year asylum visas and are really strict about sending people back. Plus this will not make much of a dent.

Merkel is playing the great game and she is the queen right now. I can imagine the browning of pants that is happening with those who have been cast as villains. The first 5 rounds go to Germany. Der de aaye but bang macha kar aaye
What is the probability of Germany intervening militarily

I think this is the tipping point for a resurgent Germany. People in ME are sick of tinpot dictators e.g, Syria is sick of Assad and ISIS. With Germany's reputation they would be viewed as a viable 3rd front for the creation of a neutral zone. Even if they do not intervene militarily they have the people on their side.

Are we looking at a new nation in the ME carved out of Syria/ Lebanon/ Yemen?
Intervene military with what?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Paul (or somebody who knows french) , could you please translate into Anglais? I can gather a few words which are close to English and some GK level french. It is very interesting to see how a few in Europe look at themselves.

In fact there are a series travel broadcasts by Rick Stevens (travel writer extraordinaire) on NPR just on this very same topic.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana wrote:I saw some refugees from Syria in Istanbul. They have take to seeking alms.
I gave all my Turkish Lira change to a small girl at the Istanbul airport.
I am wondering about that. Why most are following the southerly water route to Greece? They can go over land ti Istambul are there abouts and cross Bosphorus straights. It is just one mile in width and not that much more a little west of Istanbul. Is it because Greek-Turkish border there is lot harder to cross due to hightend secuirty and/or border controls?
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Probably because Greece are not as strict about it, plus there is corruption or even push provided to reach Germany or the interiors. The inflow is huge -at places about 10 times- before winter sets in this year, and the people have had it enough of taking chance since ISIL got victories first time now. About half of the Syrians have left the country by now, and hundreds of thousands have been killed/died already.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Singha wrote:atleast the french journos are open about liaisons instead of sweeping it under the rug like India.

some journos must have been in bed (sometimes literally) with the powers that be of the past regime
"French art of Seduction" :) By the way kama sutra is a bestseller in France.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

'How can I forgive her?' Syrian refugee hits back at the Hungarian camerawoman who tripped him as he carried his terrified son to safety in the West

The Syrian refugee who was tripped by a Hungarian camerawoman as he held his terrified son in his arms says he cannot forgive her.

Osama Abdel-Muhsen Alghadab was trying to cross the Hungarian-Serbian border when he was tripped by Petra Laszlo, causing him to fall on top of his seven-year-old, Zaid.

The father-of-four has spoken to MailOnline from Germany, one day after completing their treacherous 12-day journey from Turkey, which included boarding a rubber dingy to reach the Greek island of Kos.

** deleted **

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -West.html
Last edited by SSridhar on 18 Sep 2015 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I have removed a stereotypical & unsubstantiated comment
Abhay_S
BRFite

Post by Abhay_S »

Vipul wrote: In return Saudi Arabia offers money to build 200 Mosques in Germany :rotfl: :rotfl:
As funny as this sounds. i think it is in response to some EU countries saying they cannot take muslim refugees as they don't have enough Mosques.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

http://swarajyamag.com/world/eu-will-th ... ssimilate/

The original title was: "Competitive Altruism in the European Union - A Crisis of Conscience or Collapse of Common Sense?"

But I think they edited for easier readability... and perhaps to dilute the sarcasm a bit :D
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Multatuli wrote:'How can I forgive her?' Syrian refugee hits back at the Hungarian camerawoman who tripped him as he carried his terrified son to safety in the West

The Syrian refugee who was tripped by a Hungarian camerawoman as he held his terrified son in his arms says he cannot forgive her.

Osama Abdel-Muhsen Alghadab was trying to cross the Hungarian-Serbian border when he was tripped by Petra Laszlo, causing him to fall on top of his seven-year-old, Zaid.

The father-of-four has spoken to MailOnline from Germany, one day after completing their treacherous 12-day journey from Turkey, which included boarding a rubber dingy to reach the Greek island of Kos.

As far as I am concerned, instead of having to apologise Ms Petra Laszlo, should be commended by the Hungarian Government for coming to the aid of the Hungarian Police by use of proportionate and appropriate force to stop individuals breaking a Police Cordon. Illegal crossing of national borders is not a right, it is illegal. Assisting the Civil Authority such as the Police in foiling commission of illegalities is commendable.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Abhay_S wrote:
Vipul wrote: In return Saudi Arabia offers money to build 200 Mosques in Germany :rotfl: :rotfl:
As funny as this sounds. i think it is in response to some EU countries saying they cannot take muslim refugees as they don't have enough Mosques.
Saudi move was not against that. They had fears of Momins leaving the religion and converting to Christianity to have a better chance at getting citizenship in Germany and other EU countries. There were reports of people turning Christians to support their asylum petitions. Saudi merely wanted to increase the size of their Kabila in EU and what better way then addtional mosques as a first step?
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

arun wrote:
Multatuli wrote:'How can I forgive her?' Syrian refugee hits back at the Hungarian camerawoman who tripped him as he carried his terrified son to safety in the West

You don't kick children for that. That is always unforgivable

As far as I am concerned, instead of having to apologise Ms Petra Laszlo, should be commended by the Hungarian Government for coming to the aid of the Hungarian Police by use of proportionate and appropriate force to stop individuals breaking a Police Cordon. Illegal crossing of national borders is not a right, it is illegal. Assisting the Civil Authority such as the Police in foiling commission of illegalities is commendable.
member_29172
BRFite

Post by member_29172 »

Agreed, a lot of these refugees are coming from places like Nigeria, Uganda, pukistan and bangladesh. Completely unrelated to the Syrian conflict. A majority of these refugees seem to be young males as well, no sign of women or kids. Laszlo is correspondent for the right-wing/neo-nazi youtube news channel apparently.

It's also strange that these refugees are ignoring Turkey, Greece, Hungary etc. to go all the way to Germany.Seems less like fleeing from persecution and more like a race to find the country with the biggest welfare teets.Being a refugee doesn't give anyone the right to violate international borders.

The entitlement complex of some of these refugees is mind boggling
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

SSridhar wrote:

I have removed a stereotypical & unsubstantiated comment.
SSridhar ji, my comment on that Hungarian camerawoman is indeed stereotypical but not unsubstantiated. Her actions, kicking the refugees so they crash to the ground, is stereotypical behavior for whites/Europeans with a Nazi outlook (some call the Neo-Nazi's but there is nothing new about their ideas, it's the same old Nazi ideology recycled).

I have noticed (in the West Asia thread too) that some of the posters in BRF empathize/sympathize with Europe and even the European right wing/Nazi's.

I think this is because secular Indian politicians (that is communal politicians), have allowed rabid communal Muslims to run riot in India, since independence. Indian communist, the INC and others give cover to Islamists in India.

It is also because 'Indian seculars' have excused the behavior from Pakistan, the terrorism and hate against India.

The same seculars have allowed between 30 an 50 million refugees (illegal immigrants/economic refugees) from Bangladesh to settle in India over the decades to create a vote bank. Among those illegal Bangladeshi's are rabid Islamists who are not different from the IS in West Asia or Packees. They were allowed to ethnically cleanse parts of the North East of India.

So there is fear and dislike within India for these Muslim Bangladeshi refugees, who have been allowed to behave as an invading force by the usual 'seculars' in India. What happens is that some of the posters project these fears onto the current refugee crises Europe faces.

What these posters do not seem to understand is that there can be no comparison between what's going on in India and what's happening in Europe right now.

Europe has rules to distinguish between economic refugees and genuine refugees, they are filtered out rather quickly at the start of the application for asylum. The regulations are upheld very strictly and, unlike in India, there are no politicians, 'secular' or otherwise, to subvert these regulations. Economic refugees are dealt with differently than the genuine refugees: the economic refugees won't be allowed to stay. Many posters here seem to assume that anyone can walk into Europe and claim asylum, they show an extremely poor understanding of West European societies.

It is certainly true that illegal economic migrants stay in West European countries in the millions, but they do not have a right to social benefits, social housing, medical insurance or any other right a citizen or someone given asylum has. They have to fend for themselves.

Many in India and in this forum do not understand the character of the xenophobic and racist European right wing, that is why they think that the Indian 'right wing' is fighting the same battle against Islamization of their society as the right wing in Europe. We don't have anything in common: the xenophobic and racist European right wing is at least as harmful as the Packees/Islamists/'Islamic State'.

As far as I am concerned, instead of having to apologize Ms Petra Laszlo, should be commended by the Hungarian Government for coming to the aid of the Hungarian Police by use of proportionate and appropriate force to stop individuals breaking a Police Cordon. Illegal crossing of national borders is not a right, it is illegal. Assisting the Civil Authority such as the Police in foiling commission of illegalities is commendable.
Arun ji, is this a case of Petra Laszlo helping the authorities or is it a case of xenophobic racist violence? If the Hungarian police was overwhelmed by the sheer number of refugees, then why didn't the Hungarian government bring in more police and/or the army? Tripping that Syrian refugee with his son in his arms, while he's running, could have badly injured the father or son or both. It was a criminal act. Only a xenophobic racist European with a Nazi outlook would do such a thing.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Jarita wrote:
arun wrote:You don't kick children for that. That is always unforgivable

I have not said “You don't kick children for that. That is always unforgivable”. An examination of my post will confirm that as being fact (Clicky)

I presume then that is your comment which has been erroneously passed off by you as having been made by me.

Besides saying that I did not make the comment, I also say I entirely disagree with the comment you have erroneously ascribed to me. Let me reiterate that as far as I am concerned, even with Children involved, instead of having to apologise, Ms Petra Laszlo, should be commended by the Hungarian Government for coming to the aid of the Hungarian Police by use of proportionate and appropriate force to stop individuals, Children included, breaking a Police Cordon. Illegal crossing of national borders is not a right, it is illegal even when Children are involved. Assisting the Civil Authority such as the Police in foiling commission of illegalities even by Children is commendable.

You may please amend your post to ensure that there is no smidgen of suggestion that I said “You don't kick children for that. That is always unforgivable”.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Multatuli wrote:Arun ji, is this a case of Petra Laszlo helping the authorities or is it a case of xenophobic racist violence? If the Hungarian police was overwhelmed by the sheer number of refugees, then why didn't the Hungarian government bring in more police and/or the army? Tripping that Syrian refugee with his son in his arms, while he's running, could have badly injured the father or son or both. It was a criminal act. Only a xenophobic racist European with a Nazi outlook would do such a thing.
Multatuli ji, assume for a moment that the 3 individuals in the below appended article were following your line of reasoning, then we would see a scenario as follows develop:

First they would be contemplating do they need to stop this armed terrorist as some people claiming mind reading capabilities may say that they had xenophobic and racist thoughts with Nazi outlook when challenging the armed Arab.

Second they would be considering if there was enough French security present as some would accuse them of xenophobic racism with Nazi outlook if they intervened when there were not enough French security personnel about.

Then they would be considering if the armed terrorist could be badly injured if stopped once again opening themselves up to charges of xenophobic racism with Nazi outlook.

By then I think there would have been a lot of dead people on that French Train.

Obama: Trio who thwarted train attack are 'best of America'
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

Multatuli, brilliant. I'm going to post that in another forum, and also send it to my friends and relatives.
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

Varoon Shekhar ji, thank you for your kind words and support. Sometimes one can really use support from forum members.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqQ6Ne-LVT0

India and Europe - A Palimpsest

X-post where required please
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9D2Etkt7Gs

Modi with the Indian community in Dublin - watch from 03:50
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

any reasons as to why Modi seems to be katti with UK?? He has not visited them so far in spite of repeated invitations and professing of their undying love??
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

chetak wrote:any reasons as to why Modi seems to be katti with UK?? He has not visited them so far in spite of repeated invitations and professing of their undying love??
Ganza Shareef was At 10 Salwar Browning Street at the time PM Modi was being welcomed in Dublin.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

chetak wrote:any reasons as to why Modi seems to be katti with UK?? He has not visited them so far in spite of repeated invitations and professing of their undying love??
Isn't he supposed to visit UK later this year?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Yes he will be there later this year. There's a huge event planned at Wembley Stadium I think. Tickets already sold out as well I believe.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

JE Menon wrote:Yes he will be there later this year. There's a huge event planned at Wembley Stadium I think. Tickets already sold out as well I believe.
Sold out ? Already ? Doesn't that stadium have a capacity of something like 80,000 ?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Suraj wrote:Sold out ? Already ? Doesn't that stadium have a capacity of something like 80,000 ?
It's 90,000 seater stadium. Perhaps for events like this, the capacity will be much greater.

Wembley and surrounding areas have huge Indian presence, particularly Gujaratis. I believe UK's largest Hindu temple is located there.

Shouldn't have much trouble filling out that stadium, people will quite be glad to see something other than the gutless English footy team plod around the turf 10-12 times a year!!
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Just rechecked Suraj. It's the "Welcome Partners" registration which is closed. "General Registration" for all is still open.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

https://www.ukwelcomesmodi.org/

Plz request as volunteers and then follow up

Seat become available in the last week
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

Hungary PM rejects Merkel's 'moral imperialism' in refugee crisis

Bad Staffelstein (Germany) (AFP) - Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban on Wednesday rejected what he called German Chancellor Angela Merkel's "moral imperialism" in Europe's migrant crisis.

Orban accused Merkel of trying to impose her vision of an open EU on the rest of the bloc.

"The most important thing is that there should be no moral imperialism," he said during a visit to the southern German state of Bavaria.

Orban, speaking ahead of an EU summit in Brussels later Wednesday, said his country had a "democratic right" to a different approach.

The summit takes place amid a growing east-west split within the bloc after ministers forced through a controversial deal Tuesday to share out 120,000 refugees.

"I don't doubt Germany's right to define its moral obligations for itself. They can decide if they accept every refugee or not... (but) that should only be compulsory for them," Orban said.

"We are Hungarians however, we cannot think with German minds. Hungary should have the right to control the impact of a mass migration," he said.

"The Hungarian people don't want this, we ask that the wishes of Hungarians be respected."

http://news.yahoo.com/hungary-pm-reject ... 22708.html
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Thanks JEM, Kashi.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Multatuli wrote:"The most important thing is that there should be no moral imperialism,"
And that is what the EU/west is all about.
When they were taking in a few thousand (alleged)refugees every year they could stand up and moralise about human rights.
Now that they are faced with millions, who worship a violent and hostile religion that intends to conquer and subjugate them, they have suddenly rediscovered their borders.

I remember when there were several times in the past Israeli hostages taken by Hamas and co in Gaza, the demand was always for thousands of convicted terrorists to be released in exchange for the life of the Israeli hostage. The Israeli's released them, however they should have done so on condition that they were given immediate citizenship of an EU country, full welfare rights, free housing, and the right to bring in any and all members of their families, who would also have the same rights. India should have done the same when lectured on Human rights. Infact the Burmese should gift them the Rohinga.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Is it possible that this opening of doors to Europe is a Chanakiyan move by Europe's political leaders to accelerate rise of European Nationalism and thoroughly discredit the liberal left? Europe has been under assault from Islam for a long time and rather than get into a frog in boiling water syndrome, you raise the temperature fast so that action can be taken before it's too late?
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

http://www.politico.eu/article/7-takeaw ... -brussels/

Spanish centrifuge has increased its angular velocity.
BARCELONA — Only hours after the polls closed in Catalonia on September 27, it is clear that we are feeling the rumble of tectonic change. This promises to rock not just Spain, but to throw the European Union into a state of ferment at a time when Brussels has, to put it mildly, much too much on its plate already.

Here are seven takeaways from the vote in Catalonia

1 This is a vote for secession from Spain.

Catalonians have made a clear choice in their regional elections. With a level of participation so historically huge that they even ran out of ballots, 77.4 percent of the electorate voted. This is a record in democratic, post-Franco Spain. The secessionist coalition “Together for Yes” — Junts Pel Si —obtained 39.6 percent of the vote and thus 62 seats in the Catalan regional parliament. Together with the pro-independence leftist CUP (10 seats) they can form a government with a clear absolute majority of 72 seats (in a house of 135), but not in votes (48.1 percent). It’s also a huge strategic victory for President Artur Mas, who could now lead the Catalans to independence with little scope for compromise: After all, independence was the cornerstone of his manifesto. A new autonomous status within Spain will not be enough.

2 The Roadmap for an express-divorce says (at most) “18 months to go.”

This is what Mas and his coalition for secession have set as their deadline for Catalan independence. Immediately, they will start to write a Catalan constitution — “the most glorious pages of Catalan history,” promised Junts Pel Si candidates celebrating their victory. “It was a clear plebiscite,” added Mas, the proud winner. But euphoria apart, since Barcelona and Madrid have no common denominator, mediation is needed. Swiss Members of Parliament have proposed that neutral Switzerland play midwife. Brussels, as well as fellow EU member states, will have to put Catalonian independence on the agenda.

3 A decisive and bitter defeat for Madrid

This is a massive jolt for Spain, and, foremost, for Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy and his People’s Party (Partido Popular), who obtained only eleven seats in the Catalan parliament. Their strategy of spreading fear of the consequences of secession among Catalan citizens failed, as the results indicate. Madrid is running out of options, and should now allow a formal referendum in Catalonia, letting the Catalonians themselves decide on the language of the question. Rupture may not necessarily be the final outcome, as we have seen in Scotland. Nevertheless negotiation, and real dialogue, is key, beyond populism and stubbornness. But when and by whom? Rajoy, it would appear, has disqualified himself in the eyes of the Catalan public; and he could be replaced soon after Spain’s general elections in December.

4 The European Union is formally bound to exclude Catalonia

Since there is no EU roadmap for the independence of regions within member states, a swift secession of Catalonia would automatically exclude the new nation from the European Union and the euro. However, looking at the economic strength of Catalonia, as well as its democratic, hugely pro-European society, it is likely that neither Brussels, nor many EU-member-states, would have the appetite to punish a Catalan Republic. There will be vigorous pressure for compromise, and creative solutions. As far as nationality is concerned, Spain’s constitution highlights that citizens “living abroad” can keep their Spanish passport. Thus, it is likely that the citizens of a Catalan Republic — even without membership of the EU — would still keep their EU-citizenship in an unprecedented anomaly.

5 Barcelona’s league of its own

What will happen to Spain’s soccer Liga? Will soccer fans be bored to death in upcoming seasons by an all-dominant Barça in a Catalan league? More importantly, FC Barcelona would lose a lot of income from La Liga broadcasting rights, as the president of Spain’s Sports Council Miguel Cardenal has indicated. Barça’s mainly pro-independence presidency and players would still like to keep playing in La Liga. Maybe a compromise is possible — and desirable, too, for the sake of Barça’s fans, and soccer fans the world over.

6 Legal options against Catalan secession are few

For Madrid to challenge the Catalan elections or President Mas via the Constitutional court would not be a fruitful strategy. But Rajoy changed national security law just weeks ahead of the Catalan elections, allowing for central government intervention in regional policy. Madrid has the “nuclear” option to relieve regional presidents from office. Another option would be a “third way”: A reform of the Spanish state into a federal nation of hugely autonomous regions, with equal rights and obligations for all regions — and not as now, with Basques and Catalans enjoying more autonomy than others.

7 New emerging political forces are here to stay

The free-market, populist Ciudadanos, with 18 percent of the vote, won a healthy 25 seats. In 2012 they had nine. They finished in second place, with the most convincing pro-unity-with-Spain campaign. But the established parties of the left and right — the Socialists and the People’s Party, respectively — are facing severe losses in voter support and confidence. The pro-Spain Catalan Socialists (PSC) managed to stave off collapse with 16 seats, down from 20 in 2012. But not Rajoy’s People’s Party, which is licking its wounds with just 11 seats, down from 19. The future looks grim for Rajoy and his party. It’s hugely difficult to win a Spanish general election without achieving at least a decent result in Catalonia.
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

cross posted
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d2d9aab8 ... z3n8b18FLG
The Netherlands is heading towards a contentious European referendum after an activist website collected enough signatures to trigger a non-binding plebiscite on the EU’s landmark integration pact with Ukraine.
People in EU are getting at loggerheads with their governments.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Moslem refugees attacking Christians

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... chief.html
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

On Refugees, be “Wise as Serpents”

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/on-re ... s-serpents
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Haresh wrote:On Refugees, be “Wise as Serpents”

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/on-re ... s-serpents
From above:

"Perhaps most telling is the story — unknown by most — behind how Indonesia became the world’s most populous Muslim country. Ibrahim cites Orthodox Christian priest Daniel Byantoro, a native Indonesian convert from Islam and founder of the Indonesian Orthodox Mission:

'For thousands of years my country (Indonesia) was a Hindu Buddhist kingdom. The last Hindu king was kind enough to give a tax exempt property for the first Muslim missionary to live and to preach his religion. Slowly the followers of the new religion were growing, and after they became so strong the kingdom was attacked, those who refused to become Muslims had to flee for their life… Slowly from the Hindu Buddhist Kingdom, Indonesia became the largest Islamic country in the world. If there is any lesson to be learnt by Americans at all, the history of my country is worth pondering upon. (Facing Islam, endorsement section, emphasis added).'"
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Aiyyooo! Did Air Phrogistan cancel flights to Ulan Bator?

or B'looru? :eek: :shock:

Somehow the general attitude of the suits and the feelings they trigger among aam passengers and phrogs alike, seem familiar.
An Associated Press photographer saw about a hundred activists rush the building after breaking through a gate. Shortly afterward two high-level managers fled, one bare-chested and the other with his shirt and suit jacket shredded.