West Asia News and Discussions (YEMEN, gulf)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: West Asia News and Discussions

Post by ramana »

David Cameron sided with Putin on Syria strikes and is being reported by CNN as embarrassing to US.

Most likely the strikes were against genuine ISIS and not fake ones as US was doing.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Ashton Carter is being forced to do a Colin Bin Powell. Poor guy, but I think his credibility and future are finished. Putin is absolutely right in that only Russia has been invited by the legitimate, UN-recognized regime of Syria, to come in and drop bombs on their territory. U may or may not like Assad, but this is international law. This may also finish off the UN if they can't stand up for the truth. US, UK and Frogistan are playing the same old gunboat diplomacy of the Boxer Freedom Struggle times. I think PRC and Russia should get together in this.
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

UB identified ISIS as a US sponsored group when ISIS first came to the fore in Syria. That was many months ago. And from what I have seen since then, I think he was right.

As for India joining the fight against ISIS/al Nusra and others: it's a really bad idea considering India is already the target of the Pakistani terror machine.
member_29001
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_29001 »

Donald Trump seems to be the only US presidential candidate who has endorsed Putin's move in Syria.

Russia has asked US to stay away from Syrian airspace - waiting for the fun to start.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

I suspect the US has some sort of hotline or other means of communication with their ISIS partners. US AWACS are probably monitoring Russian flights and giving advance warning to ISIS\Al-Queda forces when strike aircraft are on the way, just like the Pakis warned bin Laden when cruise missiles were heading for him back in 1999. Hopefully the Russians are taking measures to neutralize this problem.

I also wouldn't be surprised if US forces "accidentally" shoot down a Russian plane or two, and then claim the rebels did it. The question at that point is, how do the Russians react? Their forces in theatre are too weak; if the US attacks the Russians will have no choice but to withdraw. Unless they're willing to go nuclear.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Austin wrote:
Y. Kanan wrote:What's the main thing keeping India out of this fight? Is it logistics, or political considerations?

It seems to me India's missing an opportunity here, especially if the Chinese join in. This is a perfect environment to test our standoff strike capabilities at little risk to ourselves. The IAF would operate from Russian-controlled Syrian bases and restrict their aircraft to high-altitude bombing only. The IN could send a few destroyers and find out just how accurate our Brahmos and Klub cruise missiles are in combat conditions. Even if the strikes were largely symbolic, it would still provide invaluable experience for our armed forces.
India does not join such operation unless approved by UN and even then Air Strikes has been so far no , We just operated some Mi-35 in some african country under UN operation.

Its also political they wont find any support in Parliament for such strikes
That's a shame. A golden opportunity missed. It could also be NAMO govt unwilling to offend Uncle Sam by helping the Russians. Got to kiss that American a$$, even when they're setting the world on fire.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

To find out accuracy etc, isn't it a whole lot simpler to go out and shoot at a few coconut palms say around the Lakshadweep? Might even bring up pieces of MH370..

I can't believe that ppl here want INDIA to get into this mess :rotfl: Who exactly would the IN be shooting at? Saudi-backed ISIS? US-backed-Israeli-sponsored ISIL? US-backed-Pakistani-trained Al Qaeda? NATO-backed Turkisk-sponsored ISIL? Anti-Assad, pro-Yemen, anti-Saudi, pro-Vatican Freedom Fighters? Pro-Assad, anti-Yemen, pro-Saudi, anti-Vatican Terrorists? Pro-Conversionist LTTE-trained Chinese-armed Boko Haram?

And how would they know who is who and where at any given moment? Lakshadweep I say.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Multatuli wrote:UB identified ISIS as a US sponsored group when ISIS first came to the fore in Syria. That was many months ago. And from what I have seen since then, I think he was right.
The key is the loud American reaction:
Heck NO! THAT wasn't an ISIS target! That was pro-US, Saudi-backed, Turkish-trained, LTTE-armed-with-Nicaraguan-Contra-drug-money pucca Alabama Mercenary-school graduates in Vatican Nuns' costumes!
when ppl in the nbd are said to be smiling once again because they see a chance of living for another month as the ISIS positions go up in smoke. Apparently the Russians are deadly accurate, as seen in Mariupol. Lots of Russian mathematicians with MatLAB/SIMULINK doing the guidance of those missiles.

See this report from Sep 4 b4 the propaganda got into high gear:
WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon is monitoring a scenario with ominous implications: the prospect of American and Russian warplanes fighting on opposite sides in the skies over Syria.
In a development that caught U.S. intelligence by surprise, Russia has set up an air traffic control tower and modular housing units for hundreds of personnel at an airfield near Syria's Mediterranean port of Latikia.
At the same time, Russia has requested the necessary over-flight rights to fly military cargo aircraft into the airfield.
Some U.S. intelligence analysts believe Russia is preparing to insert combat aircraft into Syria, presumably to conduct strikes against rebel forces threatening its longtime ally, the regime of Bashar al Assad.
One U.S. official said Russian military intervention in Syria would be a game changer, among other things raising the possibility of run-ins with U.S. warplanes conducting air strikes against ISIS in Syria.
However, other analysts caution Russia could simply be gearing up for a humanitarian relief operation for the tens of thousands of Syrian civilians forced by the fighting to flee their homes.
Appearing at an economic conference, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that although he continues to supply the Assad regime with arms, military intervention in Syria is "not yet on our agenda."
Given Putin's track record of denying Russia's military involvement in Ukraine, U.S. officials say they are not putting much stock in his public statements about Syria.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 01 Oct 2015 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Y. Kanan wrote:
Austin wrote: ...

India does not join such operation unless approved by UN and even then Air Strikes has been so far no , We just operated some Mi-35 in some african country under UN operation.

Its also political they wont find any support in Parliament for such strikes
That's a shame. A golden opportunity missed. It could also be NAMO govt unwilling to offend Uncle Sam by helping the Russians. Got to kiss that American a$$, even when they're setting the world on fire.
NaMo can't afford to indulge in ego games. He has to create 12 million jobs every year., while nearly everyone in public life is trying to make him fail.

He will kiss anything to accomplish his duty to the Indian people. My great respect to him for that.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

^ UBji, - :rotfl: :rotfl:

If ever there was a need for India to enter the fray, I suppose Afghanistan was the most legitimate case; don't think the Roosies, NATO or Afghanis would have complained - as close as you can get support internationally; of course, TSP and China would have gone totally bonkers
India could have may be had TSP in a pincer move with enough control from Chabahar to Central Asia and Kashmir too....
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

There is also one division30 militia probably al nusra type jihadi. Need to create a list of these militias
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Only a carpet-bombing exercise with thermonuclear weapons can "control" Afghanistan. Let's be realistic: After India demonstrates the ability to control Chattisgarh and Tripura, maybe take on real problems like West Bengal and Bihar...
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

See - here's the problem. Apparently every bomb dropped in Syria hits a "moderate US-Backed Rebel" Al Qaida Islamic Terrorist type. :roll:So how come the ISIS has been running wild there? Q.E.D. I can't believe that the US Armed Forces are being misused to fight **for*** Islamic terrorists by Hussein BO.
8:40 p.m.

A moderate Western-backed Syrian rebel group says one of its leading officers has been killed in the Russian airstrikes in Syria's central Homs province.

The group said on its website Wednesday that Iyad al-Deek died in an airstrike in the rural north of Homs. Al-Deek was an officer in the Syrian army but defected soon after the Syrian revolution turned into a war in 2011.

The group didn't provide any more details.

Activists and a rebel commander in Syria earlier Wednesday claimed the Russian airstrikes in the country have mostly hit moderate rebel positions and civilians. Russian officials have dismissed such claims.
IOW, The Russians have begun to be effective, right off the bat. Bringing peace to Syria, one terrorist group at a time.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

... forces "accidentally" shoot down a Russian plane or two, and then claim the rebels did it. The question at that point is, how do the Russians react? Their forces in theatre are too weak; ... attacks the Russians will have no choice but to withdraw.
Although anything is possible, one possibility or "low hanging fruit" is that over several hours or days doctored images of civilian deaths (women, children), courtesy of Sherian oppo, from Russian strikes start flooding truth telling media outlets all over the world. Emergency meeting of YooN is called to pressure Russians to stop their campaign and potentially withdraw..

Sherian Observator for Inhuman Rights
Russian warplanes target the countryside of Hama and Homs and directly participate in the Syrian people killing
member_29001
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_29001 »

Russia should copy Bomber Harris tactics.
member_29001
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_29001 »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAKaZCwSxxY

there are two points in this video where the outside world is seen. it looks like a military base with deep bunkers dug into a natural hill with many separated rooms and the entrances protected by a berm in front. could have been used for ammunition storage in the past though now the jihadis have converted into living quarters.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

houthis patiently sneak up on a dug in isolated Bradley, let a wandering M60 pass by and then take out the bradley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=7&v=BpbU-CClNV4

with apparently no saudi infantry to be found protecting these overwatch positions, this is too easy. even the bradley did not seem to have any infantry or if they did, they opened the back door and ran away long before this attack.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

UlanBatori wrote:Ashton Carter is being forced to do a Colin Bin Powell. Poor guy, but I think his credibility and future are finished. Putin is absolutely right in that only Russia has been invited by the legitimate, UN-recognized regime of Syria, to come in and drop bombs on their territory. U may or may not like Assad, but this is international law. This may also finish off the UN if they can't stand up for the truth. US, UK and Frogistan are playing the same old gunboat diplomacy of the Boxer Freedom Struggle times. I think PRC and Russia should get together in this.
+ 1

Assad is the legitimate government having a seat even in UN , so by International Law the Co-oilation forces bombing Inside Syria are the one who is on the wrong side of Law.

US is simiply using Jugglery of Words like 80 Nation Cooilation is involved in bombing Syria , They can have 80 or 100 but they dont have any right or justication to bomb Syria without Assads approval period. They are simply doing GCC bidding.

Russians have the High Cards here they are inside Syria atm and by any yard stick of UN they are on legitimate stay on invitation of Assad.

Plus Russias are supported by Iraq , Iran and Chinese at the UN and even on men/material side.

Neither the Russians or the Chinese have forgotton how under the guise of NFZ in Libya after getting legitimate approval from UN after fooling the Russians and Chinese to abstain from voting which is getting tacit approval, they started ground attack and killed Gaddafi which was not the UN mandate was suppose to be .....that wont happen henceforth is what Russian said later.

The Multiple Vetos by Russians and Chinese on Syria has pissed of US and its allies.
Last edited by Austin on 01 Oct 2015 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

The Saudis may actually end up leaving a lot of arms with the Houthis who could then use it against them.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

I dont like Russians or Chinese or Indians getting involved into dirty war war of ME but with NAtions behaving and resorting to Gun Boat Diplomacy bypassing UN with some 80 or 40 Nation Cooilation involved in Bombing and hence somehow thinking has to be legitimate way and kind of right to passage by passing the UN has to be stopped for good.

IF all we need is few nations agreeing on use of Military Force to meed their own Strategic Objective and somehow claim legitimacy via PR then why do we need UN at all ?
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

NaMo can't afford to indulge in ego games. He has to create 12 million jobs every year., while nearly everyone in public life is trying to make him fail.

He will kiss anything to accomplish his duty to the Indian people. My great respect to him for that.

So it IS fear of earning Washington's displeasure that explains our inaction (at least partly). Well if that's the equation, I can certainly respect that. It's easy to forget how weak and vulnerable we really are, and how uncertain our future.

I can appreciate that we need American trade and investment more than we need a foreign policy right now. So the idea of India, Russia and China working together is a pipe dream for the moment. If an alliance of nations does form as a counterweight to the US and its Sunni allies, it will do so without us. But mark my words, at some point we have to stand up to these people. The Saudi-led Sunni bloc, with US support, has already set fire to the Middle East. I believe their next targets are India and Central Asia, due to our large muslim populations. Their goal is destabilization and civil war. It might be 20 years away but make no mistake, it's coming. I hope when that time comes, we don't stand alone.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Yes Fear of Washington is what led us even to not take out Dawood IBrahim or the LET Brainchild and Military leader responsible for 26/11.

All these fellas are enjoying the reception at Pindi after killing more than 1000 people and many others in India , while we are just told to suck thumb and provide evidence.

We dont have what it takes to go against the West like the Israels , Russians, Iranians or Chinese do , its in their blood.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

International community respects power and nations who stand up to protect people in times of crises. This was what distinguished Indira Gandhis earlier terms. By not intervening in any crises, and giving in to USA play in asia and eurasia, India & China & Russia actually appeared to be weak and without a conscience. Starting Iraq, which was a false case built up in UN by Colyin' Powell and then Libya, Syria, Ukraine, the international community has come across as uncaring entities with opportunistic leaders leaving playground free for rogue nations with powerful weapons, economy and cash at disposal. Putin has rectified that slide, ever so slightly.

If China and India get out of the thrall of USD and eyeing trade surplus with USA, maybe they too will join atleast in token.

USA wanted weak Cong govts in India or they supported BJP during the build up to Iraq war, so they wanted Indira and Rajiv gone, because those two had links with Middle East. They supported a weak MMS with world bank links so that they could bring in someone pliable, soft without any ME links and without any interest in ME to lead Congress. During and before Iraq crises, USA liked BJP a lot because they had no interest in ME politics. So that cleared the field for them for intervention in ME atleast where India was concerned. India was now a big player in Asia and adjacent to Middle-East but with clueless leadership regards west asian geopolitics suited USA just fine. Anglo elite have been planning this destabilization of ME for a long time.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Hilarious,the duplicity and hypocrisy of the US accusing Russia of "pouring gasoline,etc...." Who poured depleted uranium on Iraq,Libya,etc.? That set the entire ME ablaze when Saddam was well and truly tamed and possessed NO WMDS.Tony B Liar and Dubya Bush concocted that diabolic lie to send Iraq into the stone age and helped create with the Wahabi Saudis ISIS,just as they created Al Q in Afghanistan with OBL.While Bush Sr. had a UN mandate to kick Saddam out of Kuwait,son Dubya,B.Liar and co. did not. As said above by Aus,Assad is the legitimate head of Syria with a UN seat. It is the US,West and the Saudi led oily-garchs who are breaking intl. law by trying to achieve regime change.
The US and its fellow travelers are the outlaws,Putin is the marshal! :rotfl:

There is absolutely no need for India to get embroiled in this ME spat.What is truly annoying an impotent O'Bomber is that Putin "walks the talk' whereas the US "talks the walk".That fact is a spear up his nether end which is why he is now hyperventilating.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 74321.html

PS:Do we need a separate td on Syria? I think that the moment has come. Can someone do the honours please?
Russia airstrikes in Syria: Moscow accused of 'pouring gasoline on the fire' as UN seeks answers
Moscow insists their operation is targeting Isis, while others suggest Mr Putin is propping up the Assad regime
David usborne, Howard Amos |
Wednesday 30 September 2015

Smoke billows from buildings in Talbiseh, in Homs province, western Syria, after airstrikes by Russian warplanes AP

Russia has launched its first air strikes inside Syria, setting off a scramble at the United Nations and in Western capitals to understand Moscow’s targets: the assets of the Islamic State as it claimed, or other enemies of its ally and leader of the Syrian regime, Bashar al-Assad, and civilians.

While Moscow insisted the operation had targeted Isis, US and French officials said the attacks had been in an area west of Homs, where Isis rebels are absent but where Mr Assad’s forces have been losing control. There were also reports from at least one moderate rebel group that its assets had been hit by the Russian jets and claims of civilian casualties.

The Russian Defence Ministry posted a video online (below), showing aerial footage of bombs being dropped. The ministry said jets hit "eight facilities, including munition, armement and POL storages, combat vehicles, command and communication posts". It also said pilots "completely destroyed HQ and coordination centres of the Isis troops located in the mountains."

Activists and one rebel commander said via social media that the air strikes had mostly hit moderate rebel positions and civilians. US Defence Secretary Ash Carter said Russia was “pouring gasoline on the fire” in Syria. “It appears the strikes were in areas where there were not Isil forces and that is one of the problems with this sort of approach,” he said at the Pentagon. He added that Russia had advised the US that the operation was to begin within an hour – an approach “we do not expect”.

Russia first set off alarm bells in the West when it began in recent weeks to deploy significant military personnel and hardware to Syria. This week President Putin warned at the UN General Assembly that he was preparing strikes.

These air strikes complicate Western efforts to weaken Isis and respond to the broader Syrian conflict. The US already heads a 65-strong coalition of nations fighting Isis, some of which are joining the US in air strikes.

It appears the strikes were in areas where there were not Isil forces and that is one of the problems with this sort of approach

US Defence Secretary Ash Carter

Philip Hammond, the UK Foreign Secretary, told reporters in New York that it was one thing if Russia was bombing Isis targets in Syria but was a “very different issue” if its operations were carried out in support of the Syrian President. “The targets won’t have been selected by accident.”

Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told Russia’s LifeNews TV station that the reports of civilian casualties are part of an “information war”.

Read more

Russia has entered a war in Syria it cannot afford to lose
Russian three star general warned US 'we request your people leave'
Britain’s position on Syria remains an inglorious failure of diplomacy
Labour votes to oppose British military action in Syria
John McCain slams Obama as Russia conducts airstrikes in Syria
Analysis: Why Putin has started bombing Syria now
Anxiety grows as Britain tries to verify where Russian bombs struck

At a high-level meeting of the UN Security Council in New York, Laurent Fabius, France’s Foreign Minister, said “verification is under way” to understand the exact nature of the Russian strikes but he made it clear that “initial indications” show they had not targeted Isis zones. In recent days the US and other Western nations have said that, in principle, they would welcome Russia joining the existing effort to hit Isis militarily but on several conditions, notably that Moscow does not use its military might to aid President Assad, whose military position in the four-year civil war has worsened of late. They insist that Russia accept that any political transition for Syria does not envision Mr Assad staying in power in the long term or him becoming a candidate in eventual presidential elections.

“We are clear that if Russia wants to join with the coalition, working alongside the coalition, in air strikes we would welcome that,” Mr Hammond said. “Trying to prop up Assad as part of a counter-Isil strategy simply will not work… all you will do is drive the entire opposition to Assad into a single camp led by Isil. That is the worst possible outcome.”

Mr Fabius said another condition of Russia joining the anti-Isis coalition is that Mr Assad be forced to desist from using barrel and chlorine bombs against his citizens.

syriagraphic.jpg
Back in Moscow, Mr Putin said in a televised speech that Russia had no intention of engaging in a ground war and characterised the air strikes as being directed at Isis and other terror groups in Syria, which are known to have attracted about 2,400 Russian recruits.

“If they [militants] succeed in Syria, they will return to their home country, and they will come to Russia, too,” Mr Putin declared. The strikes came within hours of Russian lawmakers authorising military operations in Syria.

Advance warning was transmitted by a Russian official to the US embassy in Baghdad, accompanied by a request that the US desist from flying coalition planes while the Russian operation was under way. One concern in the West is that there should be no accidental conflict between their own and Russian warplanes in Syrian air space. The US went ahead with strikes in the Aleppo area, far from the Russian jets’ strikes.

Republicans seized on the new development to assail Barack Obama for failing to grasp Mr Putin’s true intentions –to exert new influence in the Middle East. “It did not have to be this way,” railed Senator John McCain. “But this is the inevitable consequence of hollow words, red lines crossed, tarnished moral influence.” He added: “We should not be outsourcing getting rid of Isis to Russia.”
PS:Brilliant strategy to see a rise in oil prices with extra ME tension!
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/NewsReports ... kes-rebels

A commander in the Homs Liberation Movement—a rebel organization formed in 2014 that had previous ties to the Free Syrian Army—told the outlet that “this is the first time that the region has witnessed strikes of this kind.”

He explained that the new Russian jets conducted their bombing runs on Zafarana from a “very high altitude” without diving down on their targets as was the practice for Syrian regime strikes in the past, adding that “very advanced munitions” were deployed in Wednesday’s attack.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

glonass guided bombs being tested. cosmos spy sats and drones must be at work 24x7 to see where the 'moderate terrorists' gather.

a compilation of battle in Marib province
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8b_l2uej-w

I see a lot of thin skinned MRAPs attempted to be used like IFVs....and predictably getting shot to pieces.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Here is a video of Su-24 loaded with 500 Kg KAB bomb for Syrian strike

http://www.1tv.ru/
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Singha wrote:a compilation of battle in Marib province
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8b_l2uej-w

I see a lot of thin skinned MRAPs attempted to be used like IFVs....and predictably getting shot to pieces.
With the terrain and height advantage Houthis have they can pick the target and the time to attack the initivitive is on its side.

The Saudis really need to hire a good strategist to play this game and minimise the losses.

I wonder why the israels and US are not helping them ?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=46&v=hiA0JUdWR6M

drone footage of some of the russian airstrikes. the hill bunker was not target but some house below bottom of screen.

there is also some video of a Su24 taking off at night with fuel tanks and simple 200kg type iron bombs. looks like Rus it going to do this their own way - as cheap, rugged and economical as possible.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Saudi Arabia calls on Russia to stop military operations in Syria
Saudi Arabia demands that Russia stop military operations in Syria against militants of the terrorist group "Islamic State" (IG), said a Saudi diplomat in a TV channel Al Arabiya. He added that the militants of the IG is not in those areas that were attacked.

As reported by "Kommersant", yesterday Russian planes struck the first blow to the Islamic radicals in Syria. This happened a few hours after the Council of the Federation (NF) responded to the appeal of Russian President Vladimir Putin and agreed to the use of armed forces abroad. By SF Head of State addressed the request of Syrian President Bashar Assad, so all the norms of international law were respected, according to the Kremlin. US officials said that Russian air strikes videoconferencing does not bring resolution of the Syrian conflict.
http//www.kommersant.ru/doc/2822183

Seems like supporters of ISIS are coming out from their caves first it was US and now Saudi :lol:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

giving the mujahids stingers or black market Iglas here is not an option unlike afghanistan of old because these MANPADS will soon appear in ISIS hands and target the aircraft of their 4 fathers elsewhere.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Singha wrote:giving the mujahids stingers or black market Iglas here is not an option unlike afghanistan of old because these MANPADS will soon appear in ISIS hands and target the aircraft of their 4 fathers elsewhere.
Stingers are useful against Hinds, not too useful against fast High altitude aircraft, besides I am sure Russians have developed decoys and IR jammers after the lessons now after Afganistan.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

someone was claiming stingers now have security features that OEM can program like it will pickup GPS signals and will not work outside its programmed zone. quite useful in slipping them to friendly 'freedom fighters' but making them technically useless for re-sale.

but I think good engineers can work around such locks with the weapon in hand.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russian envoy: Syria needs 'free elections' after IS defeat

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst
PARIS: The Russian ambassador to France says Syria needs free elections under international supervision after the defeat of Islamic State group.

Alexander Orlov, speaking Thursday to France Info radio, said Russian warplanes targeted Islamic State and al-Nusra and that the Russian military had coordinated with American counterparts via ``confidential channels.'' His comments contradicted US criticism that there was no formal coordination and that targets that did not appear to include Islamic State.

Orlov said Russia intervened only after the repeated failure of the US-led coalition to dislodge the Islamic extremist group, and that he hoped for "free elections" in Syria within a year.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russia has sent military experts to Baghdad coordination centre: Russian official

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst
MOSCOW: Russia has sent its military experts to the recently established Baghdad centre coordinating air strikes and ground troops in Syria, a Russian official close to the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.

He would not say how many experts were sent.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Singha wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=46&v=hiA0JUdWR6M

drone footage of some of the russian airstrikes. the hill bunker was not target but some house below bottom of screen.

there is also some video of a Su24 taking off at night with fuel tanks and simple 200kg type iron bombs. looks like Rus it going to do this their own way - as cheap, rugged and economical as possible.
Yes dont see any evidence of any kind of guided weapon , So they are relying to Su-24 Navigation/Guidance to deliver Kab-500 Dumb Bombs , As they say in India Sasta , Tikav aur Sundar .

I am assuming they are not releasing the other videos

Intelligence is key , Else they would end up with co-lateral damage
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 74746.html

2nd wave of airtstikes in, moderate munna rebels whining they have no links to ISIS and are being unfairly bombed.

looks like strikes will be 24x7 at a slow pace from now on.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the unknown russian 3* general who knocked on the door of baghdadi amirkhan consulate to deliver news of the 1st strike must be attached to the joint syria-rus-iraq-iran intel center now setup in baghdad. i do not think such generals would be be simple military attache in baghdad.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russian Airstrikes Destroy ISIL HQ in Syria
A headquarters of terrorist groups and an arms depot were destroyed in the region of Ildib, as well as a militant three-level fortified command point in the region of Hama [in west-central Syria],” the press service said.

Russian aircraft attacked four ISIL sites in Syria. During the airstrikes factory where terrorists loaded cars with explosives was destroyed.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151 ... z3nJTNPOw4