Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Sept 05, 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Sept 05,

Post by A_Gupta »

Karan M, received your PM, acknowledging it here because I'm told: "You are not authorized to send PMs".

Even if treachery was not her intent, the stupidity of Barkha Dutt is just mind-boggling.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vayu tuvan wrote:shiv ji: I am from a vernacular school but had (Mia)fortunate enough to have been forced to read max Beerbohm, Tennyson, Wordsworth, Shelly, Pope, swift, Rl stevenson, Walter Scott, Kipling, Chesterton, dickens, and on and on. I am sure that is exactly the experience of people of our generation even if they did attend vernacular schools. That said I am no so sure whether it was a bad experience though. Speaking for myself, i think I came out ahead. Better to know thy enemy the be completely ignorant of who they are leave alone what their inner thoughts are and what make them tick.
My observation is as follows. The British model public schools were really the ones that got people jobs in the post independence era. Anyone who entered IIT or the top colleges of India were most likely to get in or thrive in these colleges because of the English requirement. For that reason all other schools copied/cloned the British Public school model. And because there was no "Indian" English education all newer public school clones simply ported the British pubic school curriculum with all those names like Shakespeare, Dickens, Jane Austen etc. As Tavleen Singh wrote in that quote I posted above - children who passed out of these schools almost never read any Indian author book in an Indian language.

Difficult as it may be to believe, studying English by reading English literature in the model set up by colonial schools inculcated very British attitudes and those are the attitudes that have different effects on different people. Some people simply do not adjust to India and Indians and look outside. Others reach a compromise. Some undergo cognitive dissonance and feel angry. So there is no "standard consequence" of such education. And to be perfectly frank the British style public schools are still very good at encouraging kids to enter the armed forces.

But when you have a segment of the Indian population whose education mentally alienates them from the "vernacular masses" at least a few of them find it difficult to adjust to the fact that democracy awards those vernacular masses equal rights to have their voices heard and their attitudes to be implemented as policy. I think some of us remain unexposed to the way democracy works in India. There is nothing unconstitutional about Khap Panchayat. A Panchayat is a Panchayat and if they make a law, it is law. It is only when their laws go against the Indian Penal code and someone complains that legal action can be taken. Similarly act like spitting paan and letting cows out on the road can only be attended to from within the law and no blunderbuss action can be taken no matter how much a person like you or me might feel offended by such acts.

There is a huge gap between the sensibilities of the "Public school" and "public school clone" educated person and the "ganwar/pandy/tatiya" However one cannot say that this guy is more nationalistic than that guy. Each has his rights within the law.

Unfortunately the power wielding elite in Delhi were ganwar-ignoring Mughals until the British captured Delhi and after that the Brits brought in their own people with pandy/ganwar hating attitudes. The big difference between the Mughals and the Brits was that the Mughals were interested in their own wealth, while the Brits saw the "improvement" of Indians as something that would benefit their own industries and exports. They did not really feel any kinship with the ganwars though. They were the lords who would impose benign righteous rule on the masses. Nehru belonged to this ilk and successive Congress governments have continued that. The "masses" of ganwars, pandies and tatiyas are predominantly Hindu and many sitting in Lutyens Delhi saw more kinship with the erstwhile Muslim rulers of Delhi who moved off the Pakistan than with the ganwars. Secularism and the setting aside of any vestiges of Hinduness among the Lutyens crowd allowed them to hobnob with the wealthy RAPE class of Pakistan with fond memories of the "culture" of Delhi, Lucknow, Lahore and other places that are said to have a "syncretic" HinduMuslim culture. This syncretism was great for elite but it had no connection with the ganwars who had seen both the cruelty of the Mughals and the lathis, guns and famines of the British. And these ganwars are predominantly Hindu, currently voting en masse for Modi. All these years they have been "classified and cut up" into "castes" implying that Hindus are not a single body at all but a motley group of upper castes dominating lower castes and others. This model is being shown to be inaccurate, whatever the exact truth might be.

BJP represents the rule of the ganwars displacing the syncretic PakIndian elite . There are of course those Indians who do not like Pakis or ganwars but they must find political power before their attitudes can come to the fore. Cursing both is about all they can do now. Sorry if I have digressed too far.

Just my personal views - subject to change depending on my reading and experiences.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Gagan wrote:Aww Gee, I missed this Joker so much.
Gagan could Zaid Hamid be shifted to Benis please where he belongs. He is of no real consequence and represents entertainment for some.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

shiv: that explains perfectly why RAPE feel that they will get all they want from DIE.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Rajsundar

chaanakya wrote:
Dipanker wrote:
AFAIK Tavleen Singh always been a Sikh, still is.

Salman taseer had a son Aatish conceived during a brief affair lasting less than a week. he was Qadrified in 2011. She is quite forthright in her views.

BTW is she related to kushwant singh??
no! she is not related to Khushwant Singh but is part of the group that grew up together.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/200604 ... /above.htm

In early 1900s When Lutyens was looking for local contractors to build New Delhi. Sobha Singh got hired as a contractor to build the new delhi.
He subcontracted further to Tavleen Singh's grandfather. These people moved from around River Indus to Delhi to create new delhi.

They later created a group called "Chief Khalsa Diwan" which in 1919 actually give Siropa to the butcher of Jalianwala bag (Dyer). Sobha Singh later testified against Shaheed Bhagat Singh and butkeshwar Dutt (he was present in the parliament hall when Bhagat Singh and Dutt threw papers and fire crackers).

These elite Sikhs were totally with the Government and after were represented by the group led by Baldev Singh. While the rest of the Sikhs looked to Master Tara Singh of SGPC (later Akali party).
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vayu tuvan wrote:shiv: that explains perfectly why RAPE feel that they will get all they want from DIE.
I just get the feeling that there is one more deeper dynamic at work in RAPE and Hindu ganwar-detesting secular DIE.

The Pakistani RAPE is suave and westernized AND confident in the superiority of his faith/belief that he need not show - the birth of his nation is proof enough. The Hindoo-origin DIE is "secular" because he sets aside his Hindu background as faulty and needing correction. There is no pride, only shame and that shame is mitigated by secularism.

Pride is not allowed for Hindus in the Indian model of secularism, unless that pride is manifested in a short list of Hindu things that the secular DIE "allow" as per their book. Not much in there. Anyone who shows pride beyond that is a fundamentalist Hindu who represents all the evil of Hindus that secularism managed to eliminate.

No wonder one type of Lutyens elite get along so well with Pakis and want to keep talking even as our "ganwar/jahil" soldiers keep getting shot dead at the border.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

well said
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Backlash Against Pakhtuns Will Not Be Tolerated - Achakzai
Achakzai warns against ‘treating Pakhtuns like Afghan nationals’
SLAMABAD: Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) chief Mahmood Khan Achakzai on Sunday said the government should not treat 30 million Pakhtuns like Afghan nationals and stop operations to displace them from Punjab and AJK. Paki public unaware due to press censorship

They are now being treated like fifth columnist- repeat of the East Pakistan scenario?
Addressing a large number of people gathered outside the National Press Club to protest against the cancellation of 100,000 CNICs of the Pakhtuns :!: and their forced displacement from Punjab and AJK, Mr Achakzai said Pakistan was in a state of war and Pakhtuns had rendered sacrifices for the country.
Only two per cent of the Mehsud tribe was impressed with Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) but all the Mehsuds were displaced from Fata,” he said
Practicing scorched-earth policy
“We don’t want to legalise the Afghans but the government should stop treating Pakhtuns as the second class citizens. They came from Afghanistan before 1947 and should be treated as Pakistanis,” he said.

Mr Achakzai said his forefathers also belonged to Afghanistan but his father was born in India in 1906. “I was born in Pakistan so it is unfair to treat people like me as Afghans.”
“Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif should not follow the MQM which tried to force the Pakhtuns to leave Karachi,” he said.
“There are many people who have certificates that their fathers participated in the freedom war of 1948 in which areas of the AJK were liberated. But now they have been declared Afghans and are being asked to leave the area,” he said.

The protesters chanted slogans against Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and the governments of Punjab and AJK.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Sept 05, 2015

Post by Peregrine »

Sartaj Aziz rules out cricket with Indian
Karachi : National Security Advisor Sartaj Aziz on Mopnday ruled out a potential cricket series against India, saying he saw no chance of a revival of ties between the arch-rivals under the “the current situation.”
“I see no chance of cricket between Pakistan and India under the current situation,” Aziz told media in Islamabad. “We need to make (the) situation favourable for cricket and other things.”
“Our board (the PCB) is in contact with Indian officials on cricket so they are in a better position to tell the exact situation but I am not very hopeful,” he added.
India agreed to play six Test series with Pakistan between 2015-2023 after the PCB agreed to reforms to the International Cricket Council (ICC), the sport’s governing body, last year which gave hefty powers, and revenues, to cricket’s big three – India, Australia and England.
But all the series were subject to clearance from the respective governments.
PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan has said he hopes a meeting with Indian counterparts on the sidelines of an ICC meeting in Dubai this week will settle the matter.
Cheers Image
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

Re: public schools, macaulayites etc. Is Tufail Ahmed a BRF reader?

http://indiafacts.co.in/indias-thought- ... with-modi/
There are also some Indian commentators who speak like Pakistanis in our media. It is profoundly enlightening that Mehta sees creativity in Pakistan’s chaos when Pakistan’s own writers are describing their social reality in more crystalized ways.

I hate to say this Mr. Mehta, but you appear like a Pakistani national masquerading as Indian in the Indian mainstream much like Gandhi who supported the hardcore Islamists of Turkey right here in India.
Much more there, read it in full
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Ho Hum!
This ganwar and poor rustic detesting thing exists in every society.
The "Blue blooded" people, the moneyed elite, the "Old money" families all gel together in a shared heritage that extends across borders.
You'll see this across europe, even across the iron curtain.
You see this in Amreeka, in latin amreeka, and you see this in North India-Pakistan and West Bengal-Bangladesh.

By far not an isolated phenomenon ok?
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

It is different in India in one major way: Our elites are colonized and look for external sources of validation.
Bakis represent another layer of colonization. They seem to have found the cure : Islam and they are very confident of getting their 72s with it. However deep down within them they know they are "Hindu", and try to scrub it out. The example is every Baki discovering his lineage to an Arabic conqueror. Their confidence is superficial, what lies beneath is a deep insecurity and shame, but its buried deep.

Our elites on the other hand are ashamed and confused about themselves. Thus sikularism, Maoism, communism, anarchism or any other imported-ism is being tried. And when they fail, they get ashamed and they try harder. They also carry the burden of cleansing the rest of the country through whatever imported-ism is the flavor of the generation.

Imported-ism can also be termed as (Anything-But-Hindu)-ism. Both Bakis and our Elites are completely on the same page on that department.

A non colonized country does not suffer from these bunch of morons. Their elites ignore/hate the rest of the people, but they are not ashamed of themselves.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Dipanker wrote: Some of the people you are describing will qualify as DIE in BRF parlance, they probably are less than 1% of Indian population.

Again on the basis of this small sample equating all Indian liberals == Baki in my opinion is wrong.
I said they are similar, they understand each other, they are linked by shame and self-hatred. I did not say they are in bed with each other. Each of them is "patriotic" in their own way. Despite all of that, at the end of the day, they have more in common with the Bakis and they bond more easily with them than the rustic Indian.

BTW, that 1% is what has ruled India, that is not very unlike other countries, but the difference is our 1% that rule us have no connection with the real India. They are more connected to the Bakis and the Brishits. MMS statement thanking the Brishits for "civilizing" India is an example of that thought.

The problem however is not that there are only 1%. These 1% have taken over the education system and the media industry (which is nothing but a goebellian propaganda machine these days). They are creating more and more people that think like them. My FB wall is full of people who got educated in such "derivative" Eng-leash public schools and almost uniformly seem to post things about "the latest shameful thing that Rustic India is doing" and "How I am ashamed of being an Indian today".

If that is the metric, then I assure you that the number is far higher than 1%.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Gagan wrote:Ho Hum!
The "Blue blooded" people, the moneyed elite, the "Old money" families all gel together in a shared heritage that extends across borders.
You see this in Amreeka, in latin amreeka, and you see this in North India-Pakistan and West Bengal-Bangladesh.

With a key difference: our elite, unlike the British upper classes or the American 1%, generally are not good at anything useful for managing a country.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The chi chi people are usually only adept at wining and dining, but will otherwise run their companies and nations to the ground.

One needs rustic people to rise to the top who have the hunger, attitude and the demeanor to succeed.

Writing endless paeans on this phenomenon is not much fruitful.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

What is going on in Pakistan is this:
1. Their terrorism and Kashmir policies have hit a brick wall, ever since the current GoI and team came to power.
They can't really up the ante terrorism and haramigiri wise, so my feeling they will redirect the terror infrastructure elsewhere and focus inwards.

The young jihadis will end up in Afghanistan, Levant.
Russia is co-opting Pakistan, because the Jihadis are going to be unemployed, to preclude trouble in the Muslim south russia.

What is raheel sharif doing in Karachi hain ji? All this for an extension or does he really mean to clean up the potty? The fauj has really stirred up the poop everywhere, people and their way of lives in Pakistan are under existential threats about now.
Abhay_S
BRFite

Post by Abhay_S »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1210729

STUPID as it is, all you can do is shrug. After all, when India is an imbecile, Pakistan has to reciprocate.

So now we have this dossier business. One each for Karachi, Balochistan and KP/Fata. Each filled with irrefutable proof. Each painting Pakistan the victim, India the aggressor.

Each to achieve what, really? No one seems to know.

Don’t bother asking the civilians. Some familiar with the contents thought it lucky the Indians weren’t willing to receive the dossiers.

Because, had the Indians been embarrassed into receiving them, they may have gleefully splashed the contents around the world — so shoddy being either the work of the dossiers’ compilers or, worryingly, of the intelligence-gatherers themselves.

But we’ll be spared the embarrassment now because chiefs of staff to UN secretary generals aren’t known for leaking things.

What, though, does it all mean? The week in the UN has confirmed a new reality: Pakistan has three India policies.
There’s Nawaz, as epitomised by Ufa. There’s the FO, with its four points at the UNGA. And then there’s the boys and their dossiers.

There’s Nawaz, as epitomised by Ufa. There’s the FO, with its technocratic, self-congratulatory cleverness — the four points at the UNGA. And then there’s the boys and their dossiers.

Messy as that is, it becomes dangerous once you realise that none of the three policies are likely to work — especially when the other side is so united.

Want to know what a united, singular approach can achieve? It received little play here, but the US-India Joint Declaration on Combatting Terrorism issued by the US secretary of state and the Indian foreign minister is a nice enough example.

In the larger scheme of things, the Sept 23 joint statement means little by way of concrete action. But it does indicate a shift in language and a new willingness to be more direct about Indian concerns.

Of the first five points in the joint statement, these were four:

— “Reaffirm President Obama’s and Prime Minister Modi’s vision to transform the US-India relationship into a defining counterterrorism partnership for the 21st century;

— “Reiterate the threat posed by entities such as Al Qaeda and its affiliates, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad, D Company, and the Haqqani network, and other regional groups that seek to undermine stability in South Asia;

— “Call for Pakistan to bring to justice the perpetrators of the 2008 Mumbai attack;

— “Strongly condemn the July 27, 2015 terrorist attack in Gurdaspur, Punjab, and August 5, 2015, attack in Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir”.

Now imagine Nawaz, or even Raheel, wresting a similar joint statement from Kerry. Or the American NSA. Or even their ambassador to Pakistan.

It’s just not going to happen.

But if Afghanistan goes to hell and the Modi government does manage to give the Americans more access to the Indian market, it may not just be joint US-India statements that become more strident. It could be their actions too.

Back to the three policies over here. Nawaz’s is the most straightforward to read — and, sadly, naïve.

It is basically this: we, Pakistan, need to talk to India because that’s in Pakistan’s and the region’s interests, so we must do whatever we can, whenever we can to make dialogue a possibility.

At Ufa, that amounted to Nawaz deciding that if the Indians want to talk about terrorism and only terrorism, his government had nothing to hide — so talks about terror it would be.

It took him a while to cotton on to the implications at home. But it doesn’t seem to have changed his mind. And the longer Nawaz does it, the closer he seems to the Modi way of doing business with Pakistan — and the more irrelevant he becomes to contributing in any way to India policy here.

Maybe Nawaz thinks you can’t get worse than zero influence anyway. He’s probably right. But it isn’t good for the overall civ-mil scheme of things if the mil side of the equation believes the PM needs to be actively neutralised. Especially if it’s on India.

The FO, meanwhile, and as ever, has been trying to square the differences. A civilian boss who wants direct engagement at whatever cost versus military masters who are reluctant to engage and suspicious of any breakthrough.

That produces seemingly clever ideas like the UNGA four points — something for the hardnosed, something for the aspirational sorts and, together, nothing in reality. The four points are doomed by their own cleverness in trying to be something to everybody. Nobody really believes in them.

The last, and possibly the silliest, is the boys’ approach. Modi wants to talk terror, fine, we’ll insist on talking about Kashmir. But, because we can’t not respond to India provocations and prevarications, we too will talk about terror — the kind India is inflicting on Pakistan, unseen to the world.

Apart from plain silliness, that approach is undone by two things. One, the boys, for all their influence, can’t interface themselves with the world on such issues. They need the civilian front. But the boss of the civilian front is peeved and has other ideas anyway.

Two, the outside world doesn’t believe us nor is it about to believe us. If India is poking around in Karachi and fiddling around in Balochistan, well, what are we doing about LeT and the like?

Try finding anyone sympathetic to the boys’ argument. Anywhere.

But then, finding a sympathetic ear or even a workable policy doesn’t seem to be a priority right now. India is playing hardball and India needs to be countered.

One country, three policies, and a united, focused other side. Together, though, they all look more than a little foolish. But all we, the rest of us, can do is shrug.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The dossiers likely are a compilation of pictures of uncircumcized male genitalia, saffron bands on arms of men killed by the police / Pak fauj, a collection of statements by PM Modi, Ajit Doval's Shastra University Speech, Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore's statements, heresay, news reports based on planted reports or heresay - such as the BBC's MQM taking ghoos from RAW, MQM members "Confessions" obtained under extreme duress and such, and crass idle talk by ISI walahs, like CCFair stating that there are 1000 indian consulates in Afghanistan, and that the consulates don't really really issue visas.

All in all, as NOT ONE allegation in those dossiers would be admissible evidence in a court of law (except perhaps a kangaroo / Pakistani court).

The dossiers probably contained portions of Ajit Dovals Shastra university speech as evidence, which is likely why Satraz Aziz balked at coming to the NSA's meet and which is why they are hiding those dossiers from India.

The gross stupidity of the Pakistani dossier episode is glaringly obvious even to the mango paki abdul by now. It makes me wonder, if this nation should be taken seriously at all! I for one just don't understand, why in god's name should ANY nation take this sorry excuse of a country seriously at all !!!!!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Gagan wrote:Ho Hum!

With a key difference: our elite, unlike the British upper classes or the American 1%, generally are not good at anything useful for managing a country.
Elites are there in every nation is an obfuscating generalization like "Pakistan is also a victim of terrorism" or "All religions have their terrorists"

We are taking about predominantly Hindu hoi polloi "ganwars" and predominantly secular elite who want to talk to Pakistan all the time. Their secularism is all about negation of Hindus and embracing the syncretic culture that turns a blind eye towards the fact that everything done by Pakistan against India is justified in Islamic terms in opposition to Hindus. Pakistan is allowed to explain everything they do as something that is necessary for Islam or Muslim security. Indians are supposed to accept Pakistani actions and accusations without the references to Islam and Muslims because we are secular.
Last edited by shiv on 06 Oct 2015 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... 4092018906
President Obama is seriously weighing a proposal to keep as many as 5,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan beyond 2016, according to senior U.S. officials, a move that would end his plans to bring U.S. troops home before he leaves office.

The proposal presented in August by Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, then-chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, would focus the remaining American force primarily on counterterrorism operations against the Islamic State, al-Qaeda and other direct threats to the United States.

Obama has made no final decision on the plan, which was developed before last month’s capture of Kunduz, the first major Afghan city to fall to the Taliban since the war began in 2001......The Dempsey plan envisions the United States maintaining a few bases, perhaps two or three, that could be used as “lily pads” to launch strikes against groups that threaten the United States, senior defense and administration officials said.

The lily-pad bases would potentially house American drones and fighter jets as well as elite counterterrorism troops, and could be at Bagram air base north of Kabul and one or two other airfields, said senior administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal planning.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki "White Elephant" For Sale In Washington, D.C. But No Takers :(
Pakistan owns a property in D.C. worth nearly $24 million which they're looking to sell. Bad news is nobody wants it :D
Islamabad’s high-value properties in Washington, D.C., have been left to rot. :shock:
Crossing through three of Washington’s four quadrants, Massachusetts Avenue—home to the U.S. capital’s Embassy Row—is a historic landmark. The 81-acre district features several 19th and 20th century buildings and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. But amid this grandeur are two properties that have seen better times. Separated by distance but conjoined by fate, the buildings at 2315 Massachusetts Avenue and 2210 R Street have long since been abandoned—leaving their owner, the Pakistan government, with expensive property that no one seems to want.
- so the real estate mantra of location, location, location :(( does not seem to apply in this case, could it be something to do with the "character" of the owner of the property,just wondering :mrgreen:
.” Pakistan acquired the residence in 1951 and converted it into an embassy, a role it served until 2004, when officials, citing space constraints, relocated to 3517 International Court, Northwest.
Wrong decision, as usual,by Paki mandarins; have not they heard of the real estate dictum of conditional offer? Can a bankrupt Government afford to have two properties :shock:
For nearly three years, Moran House languished. Abandoned and ignored, the mansion deteriorated and might have collapsed from disuse if the local city council had not intervened. The dilapidated building “could pose a public hazard,” wrote concerned officials from the District of Columbia.The concept of " property maintenance" does not exist in Pakiland :mrgreen: Fearing a demolition order, which could reflect poorly on Pakistan’s ownership of the property, embassy officials sought to rehabilitate the site and secured a $7 million loan from the National Bank of Pakistan.As no self respecting Amreeki Bank would want to lend money to this high risk lender . Renovations began in 2009, and were finally completed last year. But while the structure of Moran House has been restored, its future remains murky.
During his tenure as Pakistan’s leader between 1999 and 2008, former president Pervez Musharraf had announced that Moran House would be renamed and repurposed as a cultural center. The proposed Jinnah Center would be used “to conduct research and analysis on foreign policy, economic and public policy to influence opinion makers in the U.S.,” the embassy had claimed at the time. Blueprints included a museum, tourism department, multimedia center and a conference room to “host Pakistani artists, writers, fashiohin designers, poets and singers.” In the intervening years, the ambitious plan has been abandoned—much like the mansion it sought to revitalize. Officials at the Embassy of Pakistan say they, however, still have options.
One of many bombastic and boasting statements made by the Kammundu
“Either we can sell it or rent it out,” says Nadeem Hotiana, the press attaché. “Mohammad Zubair, the chairman of the Privatization Commission, has already prepared a detailed report that has been submitted to the prime minister,” he added. Regardless of Islamabad’s decision, the bulk of any funds obtained through the sale or rental of the property will be used to repay the NBP’s loan. The remainder may be directed toward restoring 2210 R Street.
Tall Tales and/or Khayali Kababs :D
But while the government wants to capitalize on the property value of the two estates, officials says they are bound by the very thing that makes them valuable—location, location, location. “We can’t list them in the open market,” says the embassy’s Hotiana. “Due to their location, the properties can only be purchased by other diplomatic missions or an NGO.”
The properties will ultimately have to be unloaded at fire-sale prices, unless Chini-Blothels, their new sugar-daddy, steps in and buys the property.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Have you seen the Pakistan embassy in DC? Image

It is huge compared to any other country of its size you can see how pakis punch above their weight
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

^^^^ How does is it matter or is related to this thread ?

Even Britain small compared to porkis in size has biggest embassy of all in dc. Size does matter but not in this case....
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

shiv wrote:
Elites are there in every nation is an obfuscating generalization like "Pakistan is also a victim of terrorism" or "All religions have their terrorists"

We are taking about predominantly Hindu hoi polloi "ganwars" and predominantly secular elite who want to talk to Pakistan all the time. Their secularism is all about negation of Hindus and embracing the syncretic culture that turns a blind eye towards the fact that everything done by Pakistan against India is justified in Islamic terms in opposition to Hindus. Pakistan is allowed to explain everything they do as something that is necessary for Islam or Muslim security. Indians are supposed to accept Pakistani actions and accusations without the references to Islam and Muslims because we are secular.
Bakis know this very well and know how to exploit it, this goat dropping was posted here sometime back:
India will talk only if BJP is voted out: Pakistani daily

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/49211480.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

To find faint sign of Faithfoolish Intelligence

SLAMABAD - The United States has approved supply of short-range, unarmed unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) ScanEagle to help Pakistan in intelligence, reconnaissance and surveillance capability in its counter-terrorism operations.According to reports, hardware and technical data will be delivered to Pakistan under the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programme by August 2016. It was further reported that 90% of the work will be carried out in the USA and the remaining 10% in Pakistan. Pakistan will receive ScanEagle system through a deal worth $10.52 million.ScanEagle carries a stabilised electro-optical and/or infrared camera on a lightweight inertial stabilised turret system, and an integrated communications system having a range of over 62 miles (100 km). It has a flight endurance of over 20 hours.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

One more thing I realized ("tube light moment") is that we may have a model that describes how our DIE elites who get posted to Bakistan in an official capacity or those who visit Bakistan on their on choice get so taken by it.

These are mainly IFS, Presstitutes and some odd writers and pseudo intellectuals. Just like Bakis rehearsed their song-and-dance plus GUBO routine with Unkil's diplomats who then promptly got taken for a ride (pun intended), our DIEs who are deemed to be "vulnerable" are given special treatment in Bakistan.

I now believe that there is a "honey-trap" or "friend-jihad" or "love-jihad" department in the Baki power structure that selects the vulnerable moronic Indians and then gets them to perpetuate the myth of a friendly, prosperous Bakistan. Everything in Bakistan is "just like" in India. They are made to feel "at home" and to connect and relate to a Bakistani. The connection is instant and deep, and it is "sophisticated". Unlike the boorish "gawaar" that taunt him or her back home. The reason for that is evident in the last few pages.

These entrapped folks then come back and join a gang of Baki sympathizers and start using their influence on Indian policies. Either by using stuff like Track-2 or by writing apologetic articles on how India can "solve" Baki problems by giving them what they want.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Terrorist Alley with Silicon Valley:Hafiz Saeed Madirasa e Khaas
The making of Pakistan’s Silicon Valley
The place in the emerging world that comes closest to the Silicon Valley is Bangalore in south India. But the Indian city has gained prominence not because of a close association with academia, the finance sector, or established industries. It owes its existence and reputation to the clustering together of a number of large IT companies in the area. Most of these firms built lucrative businesses based on outsourcing. India has many world class institutes of technology, but most of the better known ones are in places some distance from Bangalore. Hyderabad, again in a southern Indian state, has turned the Bangalore model upside down. It now houses a world class institute of management, whose funding and development was largely financed by the rich Indian diaspora in the United States. The institute has begun to attract private enterprise to the city as was done by towns such as San Jose in Silicon Valley.Could the Hyderabad model be replicated in Pakistan? The answer is most certainly ‘yes’. :eek: There are three cities in the country that have the makings of vibrant centres of technology. Lahore and Islamabad have several universities and learning centres, many of which specialise in science and technology. Two of these are in the private sector — Lahore University of Management Sciences — known by its acronym, LUMS. The second, Lahore School of Economics while still focused on social sciences, has the capacity and business model to develop beyond that and move into science and engineering. Lahore already has a cluster of privately-owned and managed IT businesses. The landscape has been dominated by one large company, Netsol. It is located prominently on the Lahore Ring Road and employs more than 1,000 engineers, many of them women. Islamabad also has a cluster of universities that are already feeding the city’s fledgling IT industry. Most of the Islamabad-based enterprises are small with less than 100 employees. The National University of Science and Technology, NUST, was founded by the military when it decided to bunch into one entity its many science and technology institutions. The Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute on the banks of Tarbela Lake has a strong faculty and a fairly large student body. Islamabad has one advantage over Lahore; it is only a stone’s throw away from the three military headquarters, two of which are in the capital city while the third is in Rawalpindi. At some stage, the military is likely to increase its use of technology for its command and control operations. Karachi, a city much larger than either Lahore or Islamabad, could also develop into a centre of technology. It is already the centre of the country’s finance and commerce operations and has the headquarters of several large private firms. It is lack of security that is holding back the city.

It is worth noting that no one from amongst Pakistan’s senior leaders has visited Silicon Valley in California, which has risen into a centre, not only of American but also of global economic power and is a well-recognised hotbed of technology. That world leaders realise its importance is one reason why a wave of foreign dignitaries have added the Valley to their traditional tours of the United States. Heads of state from Japan and Brazil visited in early 2015 following earlier trips by the leaders of Ireland, Russia and Malaysia. A report in The New York Times focused on the visit by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in mid-October and dwelt on prominence of the Indian diaspora in several types of IT operations. It quoted Venky Ganisan, the head of a venture capital firm as follows: “Silicon Valley is, in some ways, more important than New York and the financial sector, or Washington D.C’s political world. World leaders see clearly that when it comes to just about any sector, Silicon Valley is eating them up.” It’s not just world leaders who are interested in the Valley. In March 2015, ambassadors from 35 countries — including Kazakhstan, Gabon and Paraguay “toured the region to soak up lessons on how technology might contribute to their economies.” Why has the Pakistani leadership stayed away? could be for one of two reasons. The leaders have yet to realise the significance of technology for the rapid economic development and social improvement of their country. Or, they believe that this task is better left to private enterprise. They are wrong on both scores. They must recognise that technological development requires the active involvement of the state.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

LokeshC wrote:One more thing I realized ("tube light moment") is that we may have a model that describes how our DIE elites who get posted to Bakistan in an official capacity or those who visit Bakistan on their on choice get so taken by it.

..the Baki power structure that selects the vulnerable moronic Indians and then gets them to perpetuate the myth of a friendly, prosperous Bakistan. Everything in Bakistan is "just like" in India. They are made to feel "at home" and to connect and relate to a Bakistani. The connection is instant and deep, and it is "sophisticated". Unlike the boorish "gawaar" that taunt him or her back home. The reason for that is evident in the last few pages.
This is EXACTLY what Christine Fair observes in her book and has pointed out in numerous talks. the Pakistani ruling elite are adept and picking out vulnerable Indians and overwhelming them with affection and hospitality. To be fair, even Americans are taken in by this.

Isn't it odd that almost every Indian who visits Pakistan and comes back to write about it speaks of how he never had to pay for a whole lot of services and goods simply because he was Indian? Also Indians are always impressed by the state of the highways, absence of visible poverty, women walking with heads uncovered, great airport etc

Contrast this with international begging on a massive scale, fcedup economy except for rich army and elite, the state of the education, the textbooks inculcating Hindu hate, daily attacks across the LoC, denial of Mumbai attacks, keeping Dawood Ibrahim well protected, fake currency smuggling, increasing poverty and malnutrition, elimination of Hindus and Sikhs, job applications for "sanitary workers/gutter cleaners" restricted to non Muslims, Pakistani writers marvelling at the way Indian woman can be seen in public, driving cars or riding scooters.

It boils down to a choice of two possibilities:
1. A wealthy progressive Pakistan that is hospitable and generous
2. A dysfunctional, violent Islamic Pakistan that is a hotbed of violence and terror, rising illiteracy, playing host to violent armed groups

Every academic/think tank/scholarly work on Pakistan plumbs for choice 2

Only the Aman ki Asha class and the Lutyens/Congress class of Indian pick choice 1.

India's lack of scholarly study of Pakistan and rule by an elite whose "personal impressions of friendly Pakis" have controlled India's idiotic Pakistan policy even as our Kandle Kissers ignore the "ganwar" soldiers who die every day
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Jhujar wrote:Terrorist Alley with Silicon Valley:Hafiz Saeed Madirasa e Khaas
The making of Pakistan’s Silicon Valley
One more data point to show that Pakis are clueless and are closely following whatever Modi does. Remember a proposal to start micro finance bank like Mudra Bank announced by Modi? And then soon after Foxconn's announcement of $5B phone manufacturing unit, Paki IT minister announced that a Chinese company is ready to set up a phone manufacturing unit in Pakistan :lol: It looks like it was a bogus announcement and badmash had to ask Bill Gates to set up a laptop factory instead. Just because Modi visited silicon valley, Paki op-ed writers are suddenly interested in silicon valley and are reading up about it on Wikipedia. Silicon valley visit suddenly becomes a performance metric for Pakistani leaders. Not having visited it is a sign of failure. Why? Because Modi visited and got a good reception. This author is clueless about Bangalore, Hyderabad and also silicon valley.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Also note how he says "SDRE Bangalore does not have all that good educational institutions, hain ji? We need to emulate TFTA Hyderabad"

Conveniently forgetting Visvesvaraya Technological University, Manipal University, R V college of engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Indian Statistical Institute, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and many others.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Anujan wrote:Also note how he says "SDRE Bangalore does not have all that good educational institutions, hain ji? We need to emulate TFTA Hyderabad"

Conveniently forgetting Visvesvaraya Technological University, Manipal University, R V college of engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Indian Statistical Institute, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and many others.
Not to mention National Centre for Biological Sciences, JawaharLal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Institute of Bioinformatics, Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine. A simple google search would have told him as much.

Paki anal-ysts truly think with their musharrafs.
Abhay_S
BRFite

Post by Abhay_S »

Anujan wrote:Also note how he says "SDRE Bangalore does not have all that good educational institutions, hain ji? We need to emulate TFTA Hyderabad"
shukriya janab-e-alla for calling us TFTA but hum Logan toh SDRE Ich hain. :lol:

this T alley is already top class in IT but of a different kind. Maybe their NSA's can provide FDI. I think this guy just read wiki and hatches up an Farticle
milano
BRFite -Trainee

Post by milano »

Falijee wrote:Ganja Sharif Almost Begs India For Talks, On His Stopover In London :mrgreen:

India will have to come to table, ‘sooner or later’: Nawaz

Modiji's "new policy on Pakistan" is working :mrgreen:
Indeed it is, and now the Paki's are trying other avenues to try to have international pressure brought to bear on India by portraying themselves as peace-loving victims of Indian aggression.

What's interesting about this article is not just a nearly word-for-word parroting of the official post-UNGA talking points, but the author. The rag which publishes him would normally have a backgrounder on the author, but for this specimen they do not. Some research indicates he's a former Air Commodore and former Assistant Chief of Staff, PAF. http://nation.com.pk/columns/05-Oct-201 ... o-to-tango I want to keep my eye on him as a possible window into official thinking. This "sooner or later" business is likely them wanting to bide their time until another Indian PM with Nobel Intent arrives on the scene.

And this article essentially says the same thing that Pakistan's strategy is to disengage bilaterally since Indian Govt has changed the game, and now they will work to try to get Intl community to force the Indian Govt to the table and, failing that, hamper India's rise to prominence by sharing dossiers with anyone willing to take them. http://tribune.com.pk/story/967219/no-h ... stability/

Given the joint US-India statement that came out after the Kerry-Swaraj meeting, and other general indications where everyone keeps encouraging bilateral dialogue, the Pakistanis surely must realize that this latest tack is not going to be fruitful... so then why do this? For the preservation of domestic H&D? And when this tack is discarded, will the next tack be to turn the terror taps back to full throttle?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

India and Pakistan have to eventually talk. India cannot give up JK and Pakistan cannot give up terrorism so insisting on pre-conditions is futile hain ji? :wink:
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1211094/sound- ... -to-naught
the auditor general of Pakistan (AGP) is the only third party that is assessing the project and looking into the reasons behind the delays incurred and examining how, after an investment of Rs57 billion, the plant still failed to produce electricity.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Wasn't Nandipur project executed by a Chinese company? Why will fate of CPEC projects be any different?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Gagan wrote:The dossiers likely are a compilation of pictures of uncircumcized male genitalia, saffron bands on arms of men killed by the police / Pak fauj
What seriously needs to be explored is whether Pakistan is now entering into the business of gay ***** publications in the guise of dossiers!
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Falijee wrote:Ganja Sharif Almost Begs India For Talks, On His Stopover In London :mrgreen:

India will have to come to table, ‘sooner or later’: Nawaz

Modiji's "new policy on Pakistan" is working :mrgreen:
Nawaz has seen too many Indian films and thinks that his suit-boot would melt India's heart of stone!