Re: The Levant crisis.(Israel,SYRIA,Lebanon,etc)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Attack in Paris

Post by member_22733 »

Intolerance justifies terrorism, no one can fault that logic.

/sarc
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorism Worldwide

Post by member_22733 »

KLNMurthy wrote:
disha wrote:Can we call them freedom fighters? It is definitely a law & order problem for Europe.
Fidayeen is the proper word. Indian ELM also used it during 26/11. Sounds very '60s revolutionary-glamorous, shades of Leila Khaled et al.

I am really having a hard time generating any sympathy for, or solidarity with, these Western countries. It is all karma onlee.
Same here. I am holding back on replying on FB posts by friends giving the same sanctimonious advice that these very folks dish out to Indians after a terror attack on us.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Gerard wrote:Wondered how soon the burqa ban would be brought up by the likes of MSA
That was after Charlie Hebdou in January. No doubt some more cr-p will emanate from MSA in due course.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

I didn't think MSA was that stupid by his tolerance for terrorism, clearly he has learnt from MMS, who said of the Nairobi massacre, that the terrorists were misguided youth. The french and other Europeans should ban him and his secularist intellectual friends who bang on about intolerance, from setting foot in Europe. tolerance for terrorism is a hall mark of these people.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

per bullsheet corp:
Three teams of attackers were involved in the Paris attack in which 129 people were killed and more than 350 wounded, France's chief prosecutor says.
"We have to find out where they came from... and how they were financed," Francois Molins told reporters.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Here is current MSA:
http://www.catchnews.com/world-news/ant ... 88023.html
Reacting to the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris, Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar on Saturday said that a possible solution against the growing surge can be the change in the 'Anti-Islam' attitude that exists in western countries.

"The Anti-Islam phobia that is being carried out in the western countries should be stopped immediately. The Muslims living in France should be provided with the assurance that they are also citizens of the country," Aiyar told ANI.

"In addition to expressing remorse, we should also think that why this situation has raised? Whatever the ISIS has done is extremely condemnable and by claiming the responsibility for the attacks, they have shown their ego which will not be accepted by anyone," he added.

He also said that only condemning the incident would not be sufficient.

"We strongly condemn this as but we cannot overlook it by just condemning it. There is need to examine this on fundamental ground, why this happened," said Aiyar.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

A_Gupta wrote:Here is current MSA:
http://www.catchnews.com/world-news/ant ... 88023.html
Reacting to the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris, Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar on Saturday said that a possible solution against the growing surge can be the change in the 'Anti-Islam' attitude that exists in western countries.

"The Anti-Islam phobia that is being carried out in the western countries should be stopped immediately. The Muslims living in France should be provided with the assurance that they are also citizens of the country," Aiyar told ANI.

"In addition to expressing remorse, we should also think that why this situation has raised? Whatever the ISIS has done is extremely condemnable and by claiming the responsibility for the attacks, they have shown their ego which will not be accepted by anyone," he added.

He also said that only condemning the incident would not be sufficient.

"We strongly condemn this as but we cannot overlook it by just condemning it. There is need to examine this on fundamental ground, why this happened," said Aiyar.
What a scumbag. Someone should circulate this to the French ambassador that MSA, Sonia's mouthpiece is an apologist for terror, and have his visa quashed.
Last edited by rgosain on 15 Nov 2015 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

The guy has become a complete demented apologist for Islamist terrorism. Has he converted in secret? Or is this what decades of leftist indoctrination about muslims being perpetual victims, does to anyones brain.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

A_Gupta wrote:In my opinion, no terrorist movement has long-term viability without external state or state-like support. Even the weak Sri Lanka government finally destroyed the LTTE (yes, the LTTE was a terrorist movement; and some fingers may point to India for initial support of it). Even a kabila-like state in modern times is really powerful (e.g., in Pakistan, that power was demonstrated in the clean-up of Karachi).

For any long-lived terrorist movement, we need to identify its sponsors clearly and boldly. The US fight against al Qaeda was so prolonged and also is not going well against ISIS/ISIL/Daesh because it does not address the issue of the sponsors of these groups.

That terrorism is caused by poverty, alienation from society, discrimination, etc., is bullcr*p. If that was true, the aam janata of India would be a big source of terrorists in the world because of poverty, and the African-Americans of the USA would be another source of terrorists in the world because of discrimination and alienation from society.

The raw material for terrorism probably continually arises from certain ideologies, but this is usually fringe, fragile and easily crushed. It is the sponsorship of these that makes them really large and dangerous
nothing to pick against Gupta ji but almost every analysis you read will start with similar basic premise, will preach about being bold but ultimately entire lecture comes short of exactly that.

Thousands of tons of ammo, thousands of Toyota trucks, much more complex logistic chain than medium size countries can even conceive off (let alone implement it), absolute calm even from those that generally fight above their weight (pukees, turkey, european union, china, latin america), and european union is forced to accept refugees without their full consent.

Even for a country like India, we often hear that we will hardly have ammo left after 2 weeks of war, will not have diplomatic lever to hold global pressure after 2 weeks of war (that too against effing terrorist nation of pukistan), UN or West will impose sanctions if we let this war go on more than 2 weeks....yada yada

Despite all this most analysts will fall short of naming names. Does anyone have guts to say that it has to be only US (along with its western allies) that can make it all possible. It is impossible to support ISIS infrastructure, logistics, global coverage, ease of execution without that support.

Just as terrorists make innumerable attempts but have to get it right only once to cause massive damage to their target country, countries wielding terrorism as instrument of state policy will try to cover their tracks and in that attempt it will be sufficient to cover one such critical link they can/will get away without getting exposed. Because whoever tries to expose them will be called conspiracy theorist and (strangely) ignored.

For fear of such a fate, the so called analysts will feel convenient to preach about being bold but will not practice the same.
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 15 Nov 2015 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I changed my opinion on MSA. He is demented and probably scored a self-goal, BUT since he has scored that goal anyway here are some ideas:

His ideas should be conveyed to France. You cannot expect to Ban the Burqa, alienate and ghettoize a large and significant minority in your country and expect you can scoot off for free. That was when you had a differential of power with your colonies, which isn't present anymore.

Since we promote freedom of expression, we cannot prevent MSA from saying what he said. The thing we rest of the Indians can do is stand by the French people in their hour of mourning, and hope the French people have some sense in the brains to realize how they sound "MSA like" when the tell the same MSA level bullsheet to us.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Yes, schadenfreude and all, but this latest pronouncement shows the depth to which many notional Hindu Indians like MSA have gone. They have become craven, bootlicking, a$$kissing apologists for terrorism provided it is of the right (green) kind.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I have a theory (no evidence, just a gut feel):

Leftists and Islamists have similar neural pathways that get activated when they "fight" for their cause against whoever or whatever is "oppressing" them for that day.

Their brains work in similar ways and they connect instantly.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace. Islam means Peace.

I am trying to say it many times so it can be drilled into my mind.

JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

http://www.catchnews.com/international- ... 30673.html
Muslims are not terrorists. They are as French as me.

Sadly, thanks to right-wing parties like the Front National, whose nationalistic arguments shape public discourse every election, people are beginning to doubt that. Next elections they will use this attack as a vote plank for sure.

Nationalism is on the rise. Violence generates violence. But that's not the solution. People forget easily. Nazism is not so far behind us. Neither is the Spanish war.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

LokeshC wrote:I have a theory (no evidence, just a gut feel):

Leftists and Islamists have similar neural pathways that get activated when they "fight" for their cause against whoever or whatever is "oppressing" them for that day.

Their brains work in similar ways and they connect instantly.
You are not wrong. Read Paolo Frere's "Pedagogy of the Oppressed." if you have a chance. It is available online.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

KLNM garu. Thx. BRF is truly a goldmine of knowledge.. never heard of that book before.

I drew that conclusion after having interacted with leftists during my college days in India and Islamists in my university in massa (believe it or not, there were TONS of them everywhere).

BTW: Some of the very liberal kids from middle east who used to party all the time found that soon enough that the mosque was where the support structure for their community was concentrated. i.e. if they needed any help, they better be known to someone who has connections. The easy way: go to the mosque and make those connections.

The mosques somehow began changing rapidly around 2000 - 2005 and went full radical. Soon these guys began to follow the religion in its most fundamental ways: i.e. adopt the path of Jihad or adopt the path of following the prophet's life to the tee (only two ways you can get to Jannat). Now I dont even recognize some of these folks. I feel sorry for them.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Karan M wrote:The guy has become a complete demented apologist for Islamist terrorism. Has he converted in secret? Or is this what decades of leftist indoctrination about muslims being perpetual victims, does to anyones brain.
Every global Terror attack dents a bit on their Modi-intolerance campaign and their congress rebuilding project. MSA is among many who believe that future of congress is few vested interest plus minorities of India. You got to see the phases, nationalism has transformed into communalism and their model of future power lives in that.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Earlier we went thru Greece's economic woes (or meltdown) and how EU was playing hardball to giving it more loans let alone bailing out. Greece's chutpaz (both hindi and english version) in demanding bailouts and threatening to bring down european economy otherwise was incredible.

Now Greece is taking revenge...all of the "migrants" sent to western european countries must go thru Greece from Turkey. Per some reports some 4000+ terrorists have sneaked into Europe along with migrants/refugees. Now these terrorists pose risk to an already fragile european economy .

In the Volkswagen emission scandal, people who alerted US and based on which that investigation was opened were from Greece.
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 15 Nov 2015 04:14, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Earlier we went thru Greece's economic woes (or meltdown) and how EU was playing hardball to giving it more loans let alone bailing out. Greece's chutpaz (both hindi and english version) in demanding bailouts and threatening to bring down european economy otherwise was incredible.

Now Greece is taking revenge...all of the terrorists sent to western european countries must go thru Greece from Turkey. Per some reports some 4000+ terrorists have sneaked into Europe along with migrants/refugees. Now these terrorists pose risk to an already fragile european economy .

In the Volkswagen emission scandal, people who alerted US and based on which that investigation was opened were from Greece.
Pretty cool analysis.

Regarding Pope's start of 3rd world war can have truth in it. The world is living on over blown balloon. It is at blast phase and to save economies of powers, there is real need of destruction.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

I should probably get off the internet for a while. Frank Bruni has what is actually a decent column in the NY Times, "The Exploitation of Paris", about how various American politicians and journalists are using the Paris atrocity to push their political agenda.

Bruni concludes with:
I felt sick. For a few hours, even a few days, I’d like to focus on the pain of Parisians and how that magnificent city reclaims any sense of order, any semblance of safety. I’d like not to wonder if Hillary Clinton’s odds of election just ticked upward or downward or if Donald Trump’s chest-thumping bluster suddenly became more seductive.

I’d like not to be told, fewer than 18 hours after the shots rang out, how they demonstrate that Americans must crack down on illegal immigration to our own country. I read that and was galled, and not because of my feelings about immigration, but because of my feelings about the automatic, indiscriminate politicization of tragedy.

It’s such a disrespectful impulse.

And it’s such an ugly one.
I put this in the comments:
The attack on a major city which now echoes on Paris was that on Mumbai, November 26, 2008. What happened after that? Though it was well-established, including by the FBI, that the Mumbai massacre had been masterminded by the Lashkar-e-Taiba, with the support of the Pakistani state, India did not go to war with Pakistan. Despite a $10 million bounty on the head of the Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hafiz Saeed, by the **US** Government, he wanders free in Pakistan. As does Sajid Mir, though he was convicted by a French court in absentia. The US has continued to give billions in aid directly and indirectly via the IMF, to Pakistan, and is now selling it F-16s. Pakistan has not prosecuted anyone either.

So we should advocate the same treatment for the perpetrators of this latest atrocity. Sell them arms, give them aid, keep diplomatic relations with them.

Or am I indulging in a disrespectful, ugly impulse of making a political point?
Like CRamS, I'm going into voluntary vanvaas for a while.
member_29247
BRFite

Post by member_29247 »

ramana wrote:No wonder Belgium closed borders along with France.

Guns must have been from Belgium.
Recall the attacker boarded a train to France when US servicemen tackled him a few months ago?
Even in the novel by Fedrick Forsyth Day of the Jackal , Chacal gets his special gun designed by a gun smith in Belgium once he tests hi weapon ( he asks for two bullets the first one hits is test target of pumpkin) the second he uses to kill his gun maker

Interesting the Greek giving a pass to mainland EU to all refugees is it a case Of the Greek mythology of Trojan Horse story?

After the Charlie attacks there was lot of advise fro US talking heads about French ( government ) people should try ,ore inclusivity a nd alienate the. Islamic French citizens through jobs opportunities. Etc etc
All the comedy shows guys were glum and somber (yesterday late night shows) I don't recal this grief when Mumbai happened,,,,,,
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

A silver lining in this tragedy is that, world wide people have been reminded of Mumbai 26/11 which was all but forgotten even in India. I hope Modi Govt seizes this "opportunity" to make a case against Pakistan as a sponsor of global terrorism.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Far from it. Now Bakistan has proved that it is a Victom of Terrism. All originating in Belgium. Didn't Abdul Xerox Khan's blueprints also come from Belgium?
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Poope calls this is all turd world war:
http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis ... fication-f
(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis has called the attacks in Paris “a piece” of the “piecemeal Third World War.”
Did pope really say that? Looks like someone put words in his mouth by asking a question if this is similar to "piecemeal Third World War"...
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I'd not like this EU turning to slam the refugees who were on humanitarian grounds. This will hit back at the Islamic nations. But I might see this happening soon. They will be sent back.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

France promises that response will be Toothless Ruthless
"France can be one of the most aggressive countries in the world when it comes to striking terrorist groups overseas." Chivvis said via email Saturday.

"President Hollande has considerable capability at his disposal, including advanced airpower, highly trained special forces, and land and naval assets. France needs support of NATO allies and especially the United States to employ these capabilities to their fullest, however."
It's clear France will respond militarily, according to CNN military analyst Lt. Col. Rick Francona.
"The problem will be, how are they going to do that?" Francona said. "Stepping up air attacks doesn't do anything unless we got adequate targets to strike. That's been the problem all along in Syria and Iraq."
Christiane Amanpour, CNN's chief international correspondent, described Hollande's remarks Saturday as "a language of war."
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Toi

3 refugees who passed in via greece
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Belgium are masters at arms making.

Fn herstal...home of our revered long pole fn fal, fn scar etc
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

UlanBatori wrote:Far from it. Now Bakistan has proved that it is a Victom of Terrism. All originating in Belgium. Didn't Abdul Xerox Khan's blueprints also come from Belgium?
No! he was just a nice guy. :)
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Paris attack: No Indian among dead, security up at French Embassy in Delhi:

Indian Express
member_29247
BRFite

Post by member_29247 »

No Xerox Khan got them from Holland / Dutch / Amsterdam where the pure stuff co exists with TSPakimkind of pure stuff on the streets
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Link of Paris Terrorist attack to Mohammaddens generously granted refugee status by fellow Abrahamic Christists of Europe, established.

Paris terrorist held Syrian refugee passport, says Greek government official:

Sunday Express, UK

Incoming Polish Government is wisely seeking to secure themselves from future acts of Mohammadden Terrorism by those abusing the generosity of Christists giving refugee status to fellow Abrahamic Mohammaddens.

Poland to stop accepting refugees after Paris attacks : Poland's incoming government has announced it will no longer take in refugees due to the recent Paris attacks, calling for 'security guarantees.' Germany has warned against hastily linking Paris and the refugee crisis. :

Deutsche Welle
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

I notice that on resumes of Pakistanis, they leave out their Bachelors degree from a university in Pakistan and only mention their Masters usually done in a western university.

They are afraid that even mention of the word Pakistan on their resume might cause them takleef in finding employment. Some even claim they are from India !

I also note a corresponding sharp rise in the anti-muslim feelings among western people especially in the last couple of years. Its a fear that islam is a growing demographic entity while western christianity is shrinking in numbers and strength. The fall off in birth rates, skyrocketing divorce rates, and other vices like women sleeping around in white western societies is contributing to that feeling that they are losing this civilizational battle.

This terrorist attack is adding gasoline to that fire.

At some point this powder keg ready will go off with tragic results.
Last edited by Neshant on 15 Nov 2015 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Suspected accomplices arrested in France terror massacre – reports - Nov 14, 2015
https://www.rt.com/news/322090-france-t ... -detained/
French authorities have detained several suspects allegedly linked to a cell that carried out the terrorist attacks in Paris. Meanwhile sources close to the investigation revealed that at least two of the assailants “very likely” entered Europe as refugees via Greece.
French police said they found a Syrian passport “near the body of one of the attackers” during the investigation into the assaults. On Saturday, Greece’s deputy minister in charge of police, Nikos Toscas, confirmed that the holder of the passport might have entered Europe via Greece back in October.

“The holder of the passport passed through the island of Leros on October 3, 2015, where he was identified according to EU rules,” said Toscas. The official however couldn’t provide any additional information as to whether the gunman’s passport had been checked en-route to France.

However, the Syrian passport found at the site of the attack might be fake, a US intelligence official told CBS News, pointing out that it did not contain the correct numbers for a legitimate Syrian document and the picture did not match the name.

Later on Saturday, government sources in Athens confirmed to Reuters that a second identified attacker seemed to have travelled to Europe via Greece as well.

“It is very likely that a second suspect also passed through Greece. The investigation is continuing,” one of the sources told Reuters. According to reports from the Greek television station Mega, the second attacker also passed via Leros island in August.

Security officials in European states have long voiced concerns that extremists might use the unprecedented refugee flow to sneak into the EU undetected.

“It is clear now that together with the victims of Islamo-fascism in the Middle East that come as refugees, extreme elements are crossing to Europe,” Greek Defence Minister Panos Kammenos said, as cited by AFP.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Neshant wrote:and other vices like women sleeping around in white western societies is contributing to that feeling that they are losing this civilizational battle.
a dwindling number of religious nuts talk on such terms. Keep their misogynism out of this forum. Thanks
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:The guy has become a complete demented apologist for Islamist terrorism. Has he converted in secret? Or is this what decades of leftist indoctrination about muslims being perpetual victims, does to anyones brain.
he is playing solely to the gallery of the congi's + left, Indian + paki audience. He has no international audience, this mosquito is largely unknown outside of India pak
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Neshant..i think the west has lost the civilizational battle already. inspite of anti muslim feeling, they cant do a diddly squat abt the moslems. as moslems continue to increase in population , there will be no respite for the europeans. their constitution , their liberal world view, their constant parroting of human rights , fear of being called racists etc etc will be the albatross around their necks. just imagine when the current crop of refugees multiply !!!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:Toi

3 refugees who passed in via greece
the attackers were masked, didn't shout aoa, faces not caught on any security cameras, some passports conveniently found un mutilated, (many refugees have thrown away their passports and papers to prevent deportation and identification, it's standard SOP for them) very easy for interested jihadist parties to obtain and plant to throw investigators off the scent, meaning that there may be many more such sleeper assets already in place all over europe.

until a lot more information came in, one would be cautiously skeptical about such claims that physically linked the "found" passports to the actual attackers. They may well have been deep planted sleeper cells already in position for some time.

just my two paise onlee.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The French newspaper Le Monde and CNN identified one of the suicide bombers in the attacks as Ismael Omar Mostefai. CNN attributed the identification to a French member of Parliament. Mostefai lived in the French city of Chartres at least until 2012,