The Levant crisis.(Israel,SYRIA,Lebanon,etc) - II

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Re: The Levant crisis.(Israel,SYRIA,Lebanon,etc) - II

Post by deejay »

^^^ Not yet a civil war but the way the propagandists are harping on the shia- sunni split in everything the civil war may still start. Lots of tweets countering the propoganda but the propogandists have bigger brand names.

And it is not just in Syria but also in Iraq.
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

http://www.businessinsider.in/Turkey-ma ... 374471.cms
According to the article, bigger powers have fcuked the Ottomans once again and Batman Sultan Erdogan and Robin Davutoglu are getting around to accepting the defeat of their policy in Syria.

But IMHO, the Sultans and Shahs and Kings in Jannatlands have swollen heads. Thanks to American support.
So Sultan Erdogan might act even more foolish in Syria.
https://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails. ... anguage=en
Last edited by Bhurishrava on 30 Dec 2015 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Russia is pounding US backed Sunni islamic Satans from sky and China is going to pound them on ground. What is the US doing to save its islamic masters ?

US has let down all its al-lies be it KSA , Turkey , France ,Pakistan & the rebels . Despite having the biggest , baddest and ultra modern military , beating the retreat does not suit the world's lone Superpower , the High & Mighty Protector of the Human Rights , Patron of Democracy , Leader of The Free World and Protector of Sunni terrorism .

Just few vintage era Su-24s from Russia have forced the mighty America to crawl on its knees out of Syria. :rotfl:

Maybe US should consider giving citizenship to the rebels and the opposition in Syria to keep their morale high and show them the american dream . :twisted:
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

If it is a purely Shia-Sunni conflict, this tribe will never support the govt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shaitat

total strength of this Sunni Arab tribe is 70,000.
700 killed in single day means staggering 1% of their total population.
In August 2014, Islamic State fighters committed a massacre by shooting, beheading, and crucifying some 700 members of the Shaitat tribe over a period of three days. It became the bloodiest single atrocity committed by the Islamic State in Syria
http://www.religiousfreedomcoalition.or ... tat-tribe/
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

One observation from UBCN Strategic Analysis is that the Chinese Special Forces deployment is a direct counter to the deployment of US Special Forces, and it may well be that the Chinese generals are tasked with getting combat experience. Better in Syria than in Spratly Islands, goes their reasoning. :shock:
In Syria US cannot back up any Special Forces with aircraft carriers, massive air cover etc. right now.

As for the Flee Sylian Almy, President Hillary Trump can entertain them in the WHOTUS to the satisfaction of all, calling them "Fleedom Flighters" and comparing them the Founding Fathers of the US as Ronald "Ray-Gun" Reagan did to the head creeps of the Taliban/ Al Qaida.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

UlanBatori wrote:One observation from UBCN Strategic Analysis is that the Chinese Special Forces deployment is a direct counter to the deployment of US Special Forces, and it may well be that the Chinese generals are tasked with getting combat experience. Better in Syria than in Spratly Islands, goes their reasoning. :shock:
In Syria US cannot back up any Special Forces with aircraft carriers, massive air cover etc. right now.

As for the Flee Sylian Almy, President Hillary Trump can entertain them in the WHOTUS to the satisfaction of all, calling them "Fleedom Flighters" and comparing them the Founding Fathers of the US as Ronald "Ray-Gun" Reagan did to the head creeps of the Taliban/ Al Qaida.
:D

Chin music vs. the ISIS fart backed USAF heavy metal thunder?

The twist to the music is Kurdistan. With PKK in the lead, it is a communist fight. Turkey is bulldozing / erasing many Kurdish towns and villages. Is the Dlagon paying attention or is it just a coincidence?
Haidar Sumeri ‏@IraqiSecurity now8 hours ago
This isn't Iraq, Syria, Yemen or Gaza...

These are Kurdish villages in Turkey. Erdogan's army is on a rampage.

deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

A fine line between journalistic analysis and the “Islamic State” group’ propaganda

https://elijahjm.wordpress.com/2015/12/ ... ropaganda/
By Elijah J. Magnier @ejmalrai –

The self declared “Islamic State” is producing daily propaganda material for various reasons, above all to misguide non-combatant followers or overseas watchers, to recruit, to hide defeats in the battle field and to promote itself as a “state”.

Media and analysts, who have little contact with the ground, depend on war correspondents covering the ongoing war in the Middle East and on social media information and contacts. There is a widespread animosity for some belligerents, pushing the media to abandon its unbiased conduct and take sides. Inevitably, almost no one is unbiased. None the less, some analysts, unaware, fall into the category of supporting terrorist groups because they simply take position against this or that side. In Iraq the enemies are mainly al Hashd al-Sha’bi and Iran’ support to Shia militia. In Syria, Bashar al-Assad and recently the Russian intervention. To the point that ISIS is mentioned on passant. In consequences, ISIS and Al-Qaeda (Jabhat al-Nusra) are no longer terrorist groups but, for many, “the products of Assad and either Saddam Hussein or (the ex-Prime Minister Nuri) al-Maliki”.

Analysts who spend their time translating FB or Twitter material are doing a fairly good job. These also can bring some beneficial information to the lot, no doubt. Nevertheless, fighting “Islamic State” (ISIS) group propaganda requires maturity and awareness....
Are some posters here falling prey to this?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

worldwide, the concept of independent and fair media has been totally exposed as fake or a relic.

every media is someone's pet and agenda pusher now - some make it clear, some try to keep a fake air of independence

ppl should post the source also with the news and readers can think what they think.
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

http://www.todayszaman.com/national_chp ... 08285.html
The leader of the main opposition party has provided a court with evidence of shady donations made to a foundation run by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's son, Bilal, by the Saudi royal family in order to secure favors from the government.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The terrible legacy of the US/West's war crimes on a global scale thanks to Bush,B.Liar,NATO,the Saudis,etc.

https://www.rt.com/usa/327404-usa-helpe ... is-marine/
‘I helped create ISIS’: Iraq War veteran says US policy caused 'blowback' in Middle East

Published time: 30 Dec, 2015
© Erik de Castro

Saying he had “helped create ISIS,” an Iraq War veteran and US Marine is speaking out about the atrocities and criminal activities he and his fellow soldiers engaged in during the Iraq War, claiming he knew it would lead to “blowback” in the Middle East.

Former Marine Vincent Emanuele’s acknowledgement of responsibility comes in an article that was posted on TeleSUR’s English website, in which he hoped to answer the often raised question of “Where did ISIS come from?”

“When I was stationed in Iraq with the 1st Battalion, 7th Marines, 2003-2005, I didn’t know what the repercussions of the war would be, but I knew there would be a reckoning,” he wrote at TeleSUR. “That retribution, otherwise known as blowback, is currently being experienced around the world (Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, France, Tunisia, California, and so on), with no end in sight.”

Speaking with RT, Emanuele said his enlightenment came on his second tour to Iraq and was the result of a simple question.

“I saw my fellow Marines kill innocent people, torture innocent civilians, destroying property, mutilating dead bodies, running over dead corpses, laughing and photographing people while doing so,” he said. “For me it was very simple. I sat there in Iraq and I asked myself ‘How would I behave?’ ‘What would I think if I was in the shoes of the Iraqi people?’”

In his article, Emanuele described how he and his platoon literally trashed Mesopotamia by throwing garbage out of their Humvee, and pelting children with Skittles, water bottles full of urine, rocks, and debris. He remembers stories told by soldiers of torture carried out on detainees in makeshift detention facilities.

“I vividly remember the marines telling me about punching, slapping, kicking, elbowing, kneeing and head-butting Iraqis. I remember the tales of sexual torture; forcing Iraqi men to perform sexual acts on each other while marines held knives against their testicles, sometimes sodomizing them with batons,” wrote Emanuele.

This would have been at the height of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal in 2003, which came to public attention when Amnesty International published reports of human rights abuses by the US military and its coalition partners at detention centers and prisons in Iraq. One former prisoner of the US who survived was Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who is now the leader of Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL).

Emanuele said he began educating himself during his second tour by talking to family and friends and engaging in the work of anti-war activists and intellectuals like Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky, and Amy Goodman, as well as learning about the activities of groups such as Veterans for Peace, Iraq Veterans Against the War, and Vietnam Veterans against the War. This helped him contextualize his anecdotal experience.

“I knew what I was seeing was wrong, I knew it was immoral, I knew it was unjust, I knew it was illegal,” said Emanuele to RT, “and I knew that we would pay severe consequences in the form of the blowback as we are seeing with groups like ISIS. I knew those things were going to happen back then just from being a self-conscious person.”

He said he had to come to terms with what he had participated in, and that he viewed the war as part of a long history of US aggression that wasn’t just about Iraq and Afghanistan, or the wars in Vietnam or Korea. It goes back to the genocidal practices employed against Native Americans, African-American slaves, and people in South and Latin America.

Emanuele told RT he hoped his article would better inform people – especially in the US – about what the US was doing and is doing around the world. He also said the article had a cathartic purpose.

“A lot of what I write, a lot of what I think about, is done not only for political reasons, not only to hopefully educate and better inform people, but also to help myself. In a very selfish way to keep myself alive and motivated and interested,” said Emanuele.

“All too many victims of war and veterans, particularly these wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the broader Middle East, in North Africa and the drone strikes – they are destroying people’s lives. I think the more veterans can come out, particularly veterans in the US and also veterans across the broader West, if they can come out and speak openly and honestly about their experiences overseas, I think the less likely we will be to engage in these wars of aggression.”
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Khan has no intelligence or capability to managing an empire. It is doubtful that any nation with daily opinion polls, regular elections, babus run Foreign department, advocates deciding correctness or otherwise of targeted killings etc can manage an empire.

It is the overwhelming military might and the useless EU fellows handed rule over EU and Americas over to Khan. As long as it allowed established local proxies in ME it was all good for Khan. Once the proxies started failing like Shah did and crazy like Saddam did they failed to manage the situation. The politicos and politically correct babus even created mess of color revolutions and springs etc.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The deleted report has been denied.Apologies.However,the PRC's entrance into the Meditt/ME through naval forces with previous combined exercises with the RuN sends a clear signal of future involvement.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

More about Ramadi and Fallujah....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/middleeas ... index.html
Rebuilding a bombed-out city
The Iraqi military's success in Ramadi was notable for not relying on the Iranian-backed Shiite militias that were key to retaking the city of Tikrit from ISIS in March.

"There were no Shia militias involved in this operation for Ramadi," Warren said.

That approach was seen as vital to avoiding an escalation of the sectarian tensions that have helped ISIS' Sunni extremism gain such a stubborn foothold in parts of Iraq.

Iraq's Shiite-dominated government in Baghdad is hoping that by bringing local Sunni tribal leaders in Anbar province into the political process, it can help prevent Ramadi and other areas from slipping back into ISIS' grasp.

Local officials will face a raft of challenges to rebuilding the ruined city, where the U.S.-led coalition says it has carried out more than 630 airstrikes in the campaign to retake it from ISIS since July.

The city, which tens of thousands of people fled during months of fighting, will need to restore basic infrastructure like electricity and running water, as well as its residents' sense of security.

CNN's Nima Elbagir reported from Baghdad, and Jethro Mullen reported and wrote from Hong Kong. CNN's Elise Labott contributed to this report.
Col Steve Warren is the official US spokesman for US forces in Iraq.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Philip wrote:The deleted report has been denied.Apologies.However,the PRC's entrance into the Meditt/ME through naval forces with previous combined exercises with the RuN sends a clear signal of future involvement.
if ya thought this through this logically, you would know it is not the Chinese style to get involved in Syria in a big way. they just don't have a lot at stake there. the Chinese are supremely guided by their self interests. they are not going to blow a lot of money on people who are not Han and or not contributing to Han profitability in a meaningful way.

seriously....take the time and grok the concept by which they live....
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

LIST ERDOGAN’S TURKEY AS STATE SPONSOR OF TERRORISM; VOID U.S. ALLIANCE WITH TURKEY

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... nce-turkey

Please pass this on social media so US shitizens get a chance to vote and have a say in their foreign policy. I am sure it will not garner 100k but will be interesting if it does.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Syrian Army units establish control over 82nd brigade camp in Daraa, areas in Homs and Lattakia
http://www.syriaonline.sy/?f=Details&ca ... geid=20244
The Syrian army and armed forces, backed by the air force, established control over new areas in southern and coastal sides of the country, destroyed terrorists’ positions, gatherings and vehicles in the other sides.

Daraa

The 82nd brigade camp under army control

Army units established control over Tal al-Hash and the 82nd brigade camp adjacent of Sheikh Miskeen town, 22 km north of Daraa city in the southern province of Daraa.

A military source said on Tuesday that army units inflicted heavy losses upon terrorist organizations in personnel and equipment as the army destroyed a number of terrorists’ vehicles in its continued operation towards the town.

Earlier Monday, army units inflicted heavy losses in personnel and equipment upon terrorist organizations in al-Sheikh Miskeen after launching an operation resulted in establishing control over several points inside the city and its surroundings.

Most of terrorists in the city are from Jabhat al-Nusra, “al-Muthanna movement,” and “Ahrar al-Cham Islamic Movement” terror organizations.
Terrorists flee en masse from Sheikh Miskeen in Daraa as Syrian Army advances
http://www.syriaonline.sy/?f=Details&ca ... geid=20252
Meanwhile, units of the army and armed forces moved inside the city of Sheikh Miskeen from different sides, the source added, confirming that terrorist organizations started moving their operations’ center from the city to the city of Nawa, after the heavy losses inflicted upon their ranks in army operations during the last two days.

The source affirmed that mass flee prevailed among terrorists from Sheikh Miskeen, following the killing of a number of their leaders, while the army cut off all supply routes for terrorist organizations.

Terrorist organizations, in turn confirmed the killing of at least 11 of their members, including 4 of the self-claimed leaders, in Sheikh Miskeen in the northern countryside of Daraa southern province.

Earlier Tuesday, Army units established control over Tal al-Hash and the 82nd brigade camp in the vicinity of Sheikh Miskeen town, 22 km north of Daraa city, and inflicted heavy losses upon terrorist organizations in personnel and equipment.

Terrorist organizations acknowledged on their social media websites the killing of the so-called “commander of Liwa Jund al-Rahman” terrorist Youssef Abdullah al-Ammar, and another commander nicknamed Abu al-Majed in addition to terrorists Alaa Yaqoub Hajij, Kamal Abdel-Fattah al-Khasawineh, Hafez Mohammad Hussein Subat, Milad Ahmad Subat, Bashar Mohammad Abdel-Majid al-Oklah, Ahmad Adnan Abdel-Raouf al-Halaqi and Mohammad Izzat al-Hariri.

Meanwhile, local sources affirmed the killing of head of Jabhat al-Nusra operations in Sheikh Miskeen city terrorist Abu Mohammad Hafez in addition to the field leader of the so-called Liwa al-Muhajirin and al-Ansar terrorist Abu Mohammad al-Qinyawi.

An army unit destroyed 12 vehicles, some equipped with machineguns, for the terrorist organizations on Ibtaa-Dael road in the countryside of Daraa southern province.

Sweida

An army unit targeted with concentrated strikes ISIS’ gatherings and movements in Shaaf village to the southeast of Sweida city.

A number of vehicles and tankers used by ISIS were destroyed along with all terrorists on board.

Hama/ Deir Ezzor

The Syrian army air force destroyed ISIS positions and vehicles in Onq al-Hawa, Hawareen/Qaryatain axis, Jena al-Elbawi, Jeb al-Rayan, al-Mere’iya and al-Jaffra in the countryside of Homs, Hama and Deir Ezzor provinces, the source confirmed.

Homs

The army air force destroyed fortifications and hideouts affiliated to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in the areas of Abu Haris, Onq al-Hawa and Jub al-Jarrah in the countryside of the central Homs province.

A military source said Wednesday that the army destroyed ISIS vehicles, some equipped with machineguns, with all terrorists inside them after targeting their movement axes on Hawarin-al-Qarayatain road in the southeastern countryside of the province.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

china would prefer to build up pressure on the US in gulf, red sea and med sea as a counter to US pressure in pacific.
it is not india which always fights in its own backyard or territory at the last minute. they are quite capable of thinking more long range and build up counter-pressure points.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Singha wrote:china would prefer to build up pressure on the US in gulf, red sea and med sea as a counter to US pressure in pacific.
it is not india which always fights in its own backyard or territory at the last minute. they are quite capable of thinking more long range and build up counter-pressure points.
I agree. I just don't think they are going to expend major resources on it. they will use pressure points where ever they can to get maximum return on effort.

they're definitely not stupid. no way, no how.

most of the time they out shine the US's miserably lit candle. that's for sure.
Last edited by TSJones on 30 Dec 2015 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Kissassinger Kissinger wants West aka US to kiss Russian ass - Dec 30, 2015 (source: SputnikNews)
“The West must recognize that the agreement cannot be reached without Russia,“ he said. “A peaceful de-escalation of these and other problems is impossible without Russia’s participation.”
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

TSJones wrote:I agree. I just don't think they are going to expend major resources on it. they will use pressure points where ever they can to get maximum return on effort.

This sounds more like McCain saying Russia will not resist US's misadventure in Syria just like they didn't resist in Iraq, Libya etc. We know how it turned out.

Sure, go ahead and ask McCain (if he still retains controls or meddles with syria project) to give another nice statement on China that will put paid to his legacy entirely...his own congressmen colleagues and friends in MIC will shut him out.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

How Will China Participate in Syria Crisis Settlement? - Dec 23, 2015
http://sputniknews.com/asia/20151223/10 ... ation.html
“I don’t think China will send its military to Syria, first, because Syria is too far away and, second, because the Chinese are not very much involved politically [in the ongoing effort to end the civil war in Syria],” Zhu Feng, deputy head of Beijing University’s Center for Strategic and International Studies, told RIA Novosti on Wednesday.
As to China’s closer cooperation with Russia on the Syrian issues, Zhu said that Moscow and Beijing were seeing virtually eye to eye on the ways to end the conflict.

“First, China will express its support for the antiterrorist effort being made by Russia and the government of President Bashar Assad. Secondly, the UN Security Council has already adopted a pertinent resolution on the Syrian issue and it could serve the basis of our cooperation there. And, thirdly, our positions on this issue are very close,” Zhu Feng noted.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Satya_anveshi wrote:
TSJones wrote:I agree. I just don't think they are going to expend major resources on it. they will use pressure points where ever they can to get maximum return on effort.

This sounds more like McCain saying Russia will not resist US's misadventure in Syria just like they didn't resist in Iraq, Libya etc. We know how it turned out.

Sure, go ahead and ask McCain (if he still retains controls or meddles with syria project) to give another nice statement on China that will put paid to his legacy entirely...his own congressmen colleagues and friends in MIC will shut him out.
why on earth will the Chinese expend major effort when Putin will so willingly do it for them? these cats are way beyond tactical and deep into strategy, man.

I mean their whole economy is a straight line graph going forever upward was a bit amusing, but hey, pobody's nerfect.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

ISIS militants burn 20 media activists to death in Mosul - Dec 30, 2015
http://aranews.net/2015/12/isis-militan ... -in-mosul/
ERBIL – On Tuesday, the radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) burned twenty media activists to death in Iraq’s northwestern city of Mosul.

The victims, who have been arrested in separate raids earlier this months, were executed on charges of leaking security information to “hostile parties”.

After interrogations, the ISIS-led Sharia Court in Mosul issued a decision to burn the activists to death in a public square in al-Houd district in Mosul.

“The horrific execution was conducted in front of dozens of people in al-Houd, including some family members of the victims,” a local source told ARA News under the condition of anonymity for security concerns.

“The victims were burned to death on charges of leaking information about the group’s security movements in Mosul. However, they have been reporting on the brutal atrocities carried out by Daesh against civilians,” the source said, using another acronym for ISIS.

“Their only crime was trying to deliver stories about the daily lives of citizens under Daesh rule.”

Over the past few years, dozens of media activists and journalists have been exposed to arrest, torture and execution at the hands of ISIS militants across Syria and Iraq.

Image in that link is extremely horrific....victims had their legs tied in chains upside down as they were burnt alive.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

TSJones wrote:why on earth will the Chinese expend major effort when Putin will so willingly do it for them?
On more than one occasion Putin said that he will not get involved in Syria with boots on the ground.... It cannot be taken as final but he has surely kept the US guessing.

The reasons China may get involved in Syria are two fold:

1) to make US to rethink their "Pivot to Asia" strategy and getting involved in Syria which has been won by Putin already will boost their morale. US will get the message.

2)Despite being averse to get involved in external engagements, China has obligations to protect the current world order, which is favorable to it. What good chance to demonstrate an easy victory over the West in an already won battle by Russia/Putin. It is not 'major' effort anymore.

That all said, I believe China won't get involved but if US goes to town saying China will not get involved, it might do so just to prove US wrong as it has not much to lose.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Mosul liberation not possible without Peshmerga, says Iraqi minister - Dec 29, 2015
http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/291220153 (Iraqi Kurdistani newspaper)
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region--The Iraqi Army will need the assistance of the Kurdish Peshmerga for the long anticipated liberation of Mosul, Finance Minister Hoshiyar Zebari recently told Reuters.

"Mosul needs good planning, preparations, commitment from all the key players," the finance minister said. "Peshmerga is a major force; you cannot do Mosul without Peshmerga," he insisted.

However it will be a "very, very challenging," battle Zebari warned given the fact that ISIS have "for some time been strengthening" their positions in Mosul. But it will nevertheless be doable.

Iraqi military leaders have vowed that Mosul--ISIS's stronghold in Iraq--will be the next target after the liberation of Ramadi.

But their Kurdish counterparts insist that the Peshmerga forces will only play an assisting role in any offensive to recapture the city.

Kurdish leaders, including President Masoud Barzani, argue that they will stay away from Iraq's sectarian war and don't want to be seen as occupiers by going beyond the borders of the Kurdistan Region.

Iraq's Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi vowed that Mosul will soon be liberated and that ISIS will be defeated in 2016. "We are coming to liberate Mosul and it will be the fatal and final blow to Daesh," he declared.

Abadi reasoned that ISIS will end when they are forced from Mosul since, "It's there where Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi declared his caliphate. It's liberally their capital."
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

ISIS Issues Fatwa On Sex With Female Slaves :roll:
Exclusive: Islamic State ruling aims to settle who can have sex with female slaves
Islamic State theologians have issued an extremely detailed ruling on when "owners" of women enslaved by the extremist group can have sex with them, in an apparent bid to curb what they called violations in the treatment of captured females.
The ruling or fatwa has the force of law and appears to go beyond the Islamic State's previous known utterances on slavery, a leading Islamic State scholar said. It sheds new light on how the group is trying to reinterpret centuries-old teachings to justify the rape of women in the swaths of Syria and Iraq it controls.
Sex slaves in the twenty first century sanctioned by the Book ? only in Malsi :shock:
The fatwa was among a huge trove of documents captured by U.S. Special Operations Forces during a raid targeting a top Islamic State official in Syria in May. Reuters has reviewed the document, which has not been previously published, but couldn't independently confirm its authenticity.
Among the fatwa's injunctions are bans on a father and son having sex with the same female slave; and the owner of a mother and daughter having sex with both. Joint owners of a female captive are similarly enjoined from intercourse because she is viewed as "part of a joint ownership."
In this day and age of social media, it would not be surprising if Islamic State theologians consulted their Saudi counterpart for "expert advice" :mrgreen:
Far from trying to conceal the practice, Islamic State has boasted about it and established a department of "war spoils" to manage slavery. Reuters reported on the existence of the department on Monday.
Fatwa No. 64, dated Jan. 29, 2015, and issued by Islamic State's Committee of Research and Fatwas, appears to codify sexual relations between IS fighters and their female captives for the first time, going further than a pamphlet issued by the group in 2014 on how to treat slaves.
The fatwa starts with a question: "Some of the brothers have committed violations in the matter of the treatment of the female slaves. These violations are not permitted by Sharia law because these rules have not been dealt with in ages. Are there any warnings pertaining to this matter?"
Professor Abdel Fattah Alawari, dean of Islamic Theology at Al-Azhar University, a 1,000-year-old Egyptian center for Islamic learning, said Islamic State "has nothing to do with Islam" and was deliberately misreading centuries-old verses and sayings that were originally designed to end, rather than encourage, slavery.
"Islam preaches freedom to slaves, not slavery. Slavery was the status quo when Islam came around," he said. "Judaism, Christianity, Greek, Roman, and Persian civilizations all practiced it and took the females of their enemies as sex slaves. So Islam found this abhorrent practice and worked to gradually remove it.”
In September 2014 more than 120 Islamic scholars from around the world issued an open letter to IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi refuting the group's religious arguments to justify many of its actions. The scholars noted that the "reintroduction of slavery is forbidden in Islam."
Slavery has never been abolished in some Islamic countries !
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Syria's War Battlefield Update for 25th December, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLkMZJa8v98
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Mohamad himself taken people as slaves and sold people as slaves. Further quran says something like " we have made lawful to have what your right hand possesses" or something like that meaning that having sex with female captive/slave as lawful
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 7mYrBdrUqA

I recommend everyone to watch this 2 1/2 hour video lecture by ken o'keefe "Ken O’Keefe’ "My voyage from US marine Gulf War veteran to human rights activist". This man is a credit to the human race.
As long as people like this walk this earth there is hope for the human race.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Syria: Turkey Taking Part in Military Operations Backing ISIS

Turkish forces directly assisted terrorist groups in Syria, Bashar Jaafari, Syria’s envoy to the UN, wrote in a letter to the UN Secretary General and the Security Council

http://southfront.org/syria-turkey-taki ... king-isis/
Bashar Jaafari noted that terrorist groups receive backing from regional powers, including “the Erdogan regime,” and other countries.

According to Jaafari, Turkey’s engagement includes “the direct participation of the Erdogan regime’s armed forces in offensive military operations in support of terrorists.” Thus, Ankara has helped terrorists to enter Syria and provided “fire cover” to militants crossing to the country.

Bashar Jaafari added that Erdogan wants to “revive the Ottoman colonial legacy“.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

South Front - Moscow Imposes Additional Economic Measures Against Turkey

On Wednesday Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree on the implementation of additional economic measures against Turkey starting January 1

http://southfront.org/moscow-imposes-ad ... st-turkey/
“By signing this decree [we] approve a list of certain types of services, which are being provided on Russia’s territory by organizations under the jurisdiction of the Republic of Turkey, as well as organizations controlled by citizens of the Turkish Republic and (or) organizations under the jurisdiction of the Republic of Turkey which are prohibited starting January 1, 2016,” the Cabinet of Ministers’ press service said in a statement.

According to the decree, Russia banned Turkish tourist agencies, hotels, and companies providing guest services from operating in the country. The list also includes construction work, activities in architecture and the lumber industry.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

snahata wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 7mYrBdrUqA

I recommend everyone to watch this 2 1/2 hour video lecture by ken o'keefe "Ken O’Keefe’ "My voyage from US marine Gulf War veteran to human rights activist". This man is a credit to the human race.
More and more people are beginning to realize that there is something very dark about the way most NATO countries are run. This explains why India faces show much opposition; India perhaps is one of the few countries that are not run by corrupt elites.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan Dixit wrote:
snahata wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 7mYrBdrUqA

More and more people are beginning to realize that there is something very dark about the way most NATO countries are run. This explains why India faces show much opposition; India perhaps is one of the few countries that are not run by corrupt elites.

and what exactly are/were MQ and her extended parivar of kow towing congi thugs ?? :)

not to mention the lootyens freeloaders and lick spittle courtier mafia.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Vijiting desh from Ulan Bator for past few days. The media bias is so blatant! (Reading Economic Crimes, not Hundi!)

Only Amrita Channel gives some reasonable reporting on anything. The rest is saturation lies. Like fleets of B-52s carpet-bombing with lies.
No coverage of Yemen, and very little on Syria though Injuns probably Malloos are dying in KSA, and probably driving VBIEDs in Syria.
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

http://www.todayszaman.com/latest-news_ ... 08391.html

Well well. Turks have not withdrawn from Iraq. They had done Takkiya only.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

‘American exceptionalism’ hampers its war on terror – Lavrov

https://www.rt.com/news/327417-american ... sm-lavrov/
America’s consciousness of being an “exceptional” nation interferes with its ability to fight terrorism in every direction and by all means, Russia’s foreign minister has said, noting that Turkey is copying the behavior of its NATO mentor in Iraq.

"The factor that does no good to our cause is American exceptionalism. It sets a stamp upon how they decide to fight terrorism: in depth, in width and against individuals,” FM Sergey Lavrov said, adding that the Americans believe that they can admonish everybody else.

The creation of a coalition on Syria is “absolutely” an American idea, Lavrov said, sharing that many of the US’s allies in NATO would prefer that the issue is dealt with the “proper way,” through UN institutions.

“But no – they say [Syrian President Bashar] Assad is illegitimate and there could be no deal with him,”
Lavrov said in an interview with Zvezda TV.

The Russian foreign minister also pointed out that the international counter-terrorist coalition treats Iraq in a different way from Syria.

When Baghdad asked the international coalition to fight terrorists on its territory, then “we love Iraq,” in the meantime Syria is a dictatorship which days are numbered, so “we’re going to bomb it without asking for permission,” Lavrov said, referring to the US attitude toward the two countries.

Lavrov specifically singled out Turkey, saying that it mimicked this type of behavior when violating Iraq’s sovereign territorial integrity.

“Hadn't there been such arrogant approach on part of the US-led coalition toward bombing terrorists in Syria without the authorization of the country’s government, Turkey would not dare to behave in such an impudent way toward Iraq,” the Russian FM said.

schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Mongolian Professor Sahib, any plans to visit Bengaluru? We can sip Mongolian green tea together :)
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

schinnas wrote:Mongolian Professor Sahib, any plans to visit Bengaluru? We can sip Mongolian green tea together :)
I may be in Bangalore in Jan. Can not drink green tea.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Mongolian Green Tea == 'YakBis' Brand. Endorsed by late PeeEm Morarji.
A YakBis a day
Keeps the Relatives Away!
:shock:

Sorry, no plans to stir anywhere, tooooo much sleeping & eating to catch up on.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

India perhaps is one of the few countries that are not run by corrupt elites.
True.

The elite are corrupt, that is for sure. We have ample proof of that.

It is the "run" that provides context. These elite just do not run anything.