LCA Tejas: News and Discussions

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
kit
BRF Oldie

Re: LCA Tejas: News and Discussions

Post by kit »

http://www.f-16.net/forum/download/file ... =12221&t=1

is it just me or does the Tejas look like it does have heavy duty landing gear ..compared to a F16 .. the front especially ?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

if it was copied from jaguar it will be sturdier than necessary . jags have large dual tires in the back with soft pressure to permit takeoff and landing in grass airfields if needed.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I'm sure the material used, design and function is much more than just the way it looks.
Indian Air Force plans to acquire 120 Tejas aircraft, with 100 of them having major modifications to its strike, radar and mid-air refuelling capabilities.
http://m.economictimes.com/news/defence ... 651297.cms
That means 100 Mk1a outta 120. No?
patel
BRFite

Post by patel »

Baikul wrote:
Zynda wrote:Some positives from the 2nd giant pic. The support & ground staff (in grey overalls) have Indic flag arm patches as well. Most of them are in uniform (except the gent who is behind the aircraft near the air intakes) which signify a sense of discipline & professionalism.
Perhaps you missed the paan eating dhoti clad rubber slipper wearing chief pilot, Bhairav Lal Bairagi from Bangalore, Bihar, standing on one side, scratching his testimonials with his right hand as he balances a spittoon with his left.
shiv wrote: LOL and did you see the scooter helmet and chappals? :D
:rotfl: Praying that Bhairav Lal Bairagi the 'taste' pilot atleast tightens his dhoti bhen phlying.
Bharadwaj
BRFite

Post by Bharadwaj »

Aroor has some footage from Bahrain... Aircraft showing more energy in those two seconds than in previous displays... Hope someone puts up the video of the full display tomorrow

http://vine.co/v/ieOu0jKg3pj
member_28990
BRFite

Post by member_28990 »

https://vine.co/v/ieOqq7OAXPP

Here is another one with a vertical climb. This is going to be a stunning bird.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Awesome lo pass and pull up. Terrific shot but poor video quality.
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

^Awesome pull up
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

two new pics from @writetake

sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

with sound

member_28990
BRFite

Post by member_28990 »

sooraj wrote:with sound

[youtube]/watch?v=oQ_ZnWbQk74[/youtube]
As the famous sufi couplet goes
No Wonder,
Ki bhaaga Bandar
This decision to participate in the Bahrain Airshow was an inspired one. I see so many mentions in all across social media, even from people who I thought had no interest in defence matters. Now if the official video maintains the quality of the earlier ones (iron fist, leh trials etc.) we will have a groundswell of support for this beauty. Only worry is that you just know dalaal sponsored articles will keep trying to do hitjobs even after FOC.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

The minimum deck at Bahrain seems to be lower than Aero India. If I am correct, the min deck at AI is 500 ft AGL (or 1000 ft AGL ?). Good to see Tejas putting up a sharp display. Hopefully we'll get good quality full display videos & pictures soon.
SidSom
BRFite

Post by SidSom »

Interesting to see the EuroCanard in a Bhurka in Bahrain. Tejas seems to not mind the elements so much. (Dunno if that is good or bad....)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

its quite normal to cover the canopy even in india.
SidSom
BRFite

Post by SidSom »

Singha wrote:its quite normal to cover the canopy even in india.
Maybe mistaken..... I dont ever recall seeing Tejas with canopy covered
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

per the latest tweets 1h ago from official twitter handle , list of participating ac has no jf17

so its official - they cut and run.

airshow starts tomorrow morning.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

fakers got scared of being compared against the indians.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Zynda wrote:The minimum deck at Bahrain seems to be lower than Aero India. If I am correct, the min deck at AI is 500 ft AGL (or 1000 ft AGL ?). Good to see Tejas putting up a sharp display. Hopefully we'll get good quality full display videos & pictures soon.
Bahrain is at sea level and pleasant (22 deg C) at this time of year. Bangalore in Feb gets to 28 deg and is 900 meters up.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Is this a first recorded instance of an aircraft skiing downhill? If so, the JF-17 is a superbly versatile aircraft.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Singha wrote:per the latest tweets 1h ago from official twitter handle , list of participating ac has no jf17

so its official - they cut and run.

airshow starts tomorrow morning.
FYI: For those looking at the list of participants, India actually has two separate entries in the list: The Indian Airforce is one participant and listed for HAL Dhruvs, AEW&C and C-17 (first two flying and static display, third one static only). The LCA is listed under a different participant name: DRDO.

http://www.bahraininternationalairshow. ... craft/5_7/ <---- List of participants.
It is official, no JF-17 in Bahrain.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Baikul wrote:Is this a first recorded instance of an aircraft skiing downhill? If so, the JF-17 is a superbly versatile aircraft.
i am fairly certain its still a development airframe with lots of issues which the baki jokers are trying to downplay.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^ Why are we worried about Bandar? To prove to ourselves that we have got a good bird in hand?

Of course the #mediapimps will do their own rona-dhona., but it appears from all indications that Tejas is going to be coming into IAF and it is not a question of "IF" but "When".

What I do miss is further update on NLCA and of course its over-engineered landing gear (On a side: It always looks like NLCA's MLG is ready to give a kick and NLCA has the attitude, IAF's Tejas comparatively looks more docile!). I think given the NLCA MLG, we must design a desi-dual-engine-bomber around the Gear (and of course the K9).
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Bharat Karnad has new article on the first video from Bahrain. Very positive comment.
member_27581
BRFite

Post by member_27581 »

maxratul wrote:This decision to participate in the Bahrain Airshow was an inspired one. I see so many mentions in all across social media, even from people who I thought had no interest in defence matters. Now if the official video maintains the quality of the earlier ones (iron fist, leh trials etc.) we will have a groundswell of support for this beauty. Only worry is that you just know dalaal sponsored articles will keep trying to do hitjobs even after FOC.
Exactly it is important to have such public displays. Even if the official video is not of great quality, the stunning pics are amazing. This kind of marketing is important to counter the Desh Drohi Media. As for JF 17, i wont be surprised if they plan to use it Kamikaze on Indian Navy or even Indian buildings. It fits well with their Fidayeen mentality and even if 2/3 of 50+ this will be a huge success to them.
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

very energetic climb and loop! clearly opening the envelope to 8G plus will mean quite possibly the best Tejas display we have seen to date.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

The more we promote it, the harder it will be for lifafas to discredit it... Time to take it everywhere. This is a great move. The videos are beautiful especially the one thats flying nap of earth before going vertical into the sky..
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ranjan.rao wrote:
Exactly it is important to have such public displays. Even if the official video is not of great quality, the stunning pics are amazing. This kind of marketing is important to counter the Desh Drohi Media. As for JF 17, i wont be surprised if they plan to use it Kamikaze on Indian Navy or even Indian buildings. It fits well with their Fidayeen mentality and even if 2/3 of 50+ this will be a huge success to them.
First of all comparing a Baki Jeehardi to a Samurai is very wrong. Baki Jeehardis are drug induced adharmics.

Second even with a samurai inspired kamikaze defending their homeland, the success rate was @8%. So going from the motivated, disciplined japanese to a drug induced, unwashed abdul jeehardi - the success rate will never climb to 75%. It will be rather in 2-3% (assuming all they do is fidayeen attack).

Assuming 100 bandars fly (big assumption) and assuming (3 of them succeed given the above stats)., what they will have by the end of the battle is no air force and all their pilots dead. If that is what they want, more power to them! We can help them achieve that.

As for Bandar., if it even flies, I will be surprised. I mean not flying in photo-shopped videos but in actual flying. Nobody hears their stats.

Given that, this should be the last post on Bandar. This is a LCA Tejas Thread and let us keep it at that.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

disha wrote:^ Why are we worried about Bandar? To prove to ourselves that we have got a good bird in hand?
nobody's worried. but it is a good time to see the TSP behavior since such actions betray the real truth about them.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Karan M wrote:
disha wrote:^ Why are we worried about Bandar? To prove to ourselves that we have got a good bird in hand?
nobody's worried. but it is a good time to see the TSP behavior since such actions betray the real truth about them.
A bit of OT from me.

We should have always referred to the bandar as Chinese Bandar, instead of Paki bandar.

Apart from hitting hathodas on sheet metal and paint jobs, pakis really have no engineering expertise to come up with a goat like the JF17. Its 100% chinese. and must be called so ..
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

The low pass and quick climb was great. The Rafale and Eurofighters need to start worrying. :D
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Our Cheetah is gonna do just fine. Not so long ago some folks thought it had one leg missing, not knowing it was just taking a leak :mrgreen:

What a proud moment
member_29190
BRFite

Post by member_29190 »

May be it is just me or could be the quality of recording.

One thing I notice is given it's size how difficult LCA is to spot! With it's low visibility grey on a bit cloudy day, opponent pilot will not find it easy.

In a WVR, if you HMCS cannot spot the jet, you cannot lock on it. The opponent radar might indicate the direction where LCA might be, but you need to see it.

The Gnat had to come close to use it's gun. No such thing with LCA. It can shoot & scoot from miles away !

It will be a killer in WVR with small size, low vis grey & Python 5 !
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

No Chinpaki Bandar in front of Indian Wonder

Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Grippen looks very lethargic in comparison

shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

nit wrote:May be it is just me or could be the quality of recording.

One thing I notice is given it's size how difficult LCA is to spot! With it's low visibility grey on a bit cloudy day, opponent pilot will not find it easy.

In a WVR, if you HMCS cannot spot the jet, you cannot lock on it. The opponent radar might indicate the direction where LCA might be, but you need to see it.

The Gnat had to come close to use it's gun. No such thing with LCA. It can shoot & scoot from miles away !

It will be a killer in WVR with small size, low vis grey & Python 5 !

Yes, I noticed that too. Tough to notice that little thing flying / disappear away into the skies. For all the whining done in past regarding how LCA is so small and not a bomb-truck, it's ultimately going to be highly beneficial to have a nimble small size.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Bharadwaj wrote:Aroor has some footage from Bahrain... Aircraft showing more energy in those two seconds than in previous displays... Hope someone puts up the video of the full display tomorrow

http://vine.co/v/ieOu0jKg3pj
Now this is breathtaking. Hope, we get to see this in HD in the near future.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

http://www.bahraininternationalairshow. ... _trade.pdf

Bunder is in the static display list, PAF is also in registered participants.

Looking fwd to bunder sitting right nxt to our bird.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Bandar is likely in that list because it was prepared long ago after registrations closed.

per their twitter feed it aint there.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

but why so much khujli for idrw on bandar participation?
http://idrw.org/lca-tejas-vs-jf-17-lack ... more-84873

they are feeling a great loss
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

can the Tejas mk2 move out the landing gear toward wing root bulge (like gripen ng) to create more room?
this will permit more space for internal fuel and avionics.