Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Post by Falijee »

Donkey Meat In News Again :mrgreen:
1200kg Donkey meat seized in Punjab
KHANEWAL (Online) – Police on Friday claimed to have seized 1200 kilogram donkey meat in a raid in Khanewal.

According to the police, the meat was being supplied to various hotels in Islamabad.
Related: Pig meat being sold in Lahore, supplier arrested
The bus driver transporting the meat, however, managed to escape from the scene.
Read more: 1,600 kg donkey, horse meat recovered
The police have registered a case and started investigation.
While, the Punjab government claims it is making efforts to stop the sale of meat of dead and haram animals, the practice is yet unabated across the province.
Is it possible that the supply of this "ersatz eatable" is in anticipation of the forthcoming Bakra Eid festival ? Just wondering.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

What irony. The tactical brilliance of the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi dominated Military shines through. Victim of the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi dominated Military of Islamic Republic of Pakistan policy of fomenting cross border Mohammadden Terrorism and consequently becoming one of the worlds terrorism blackspots, Afghanistan, refuses to s to send her cricket team to Pakistan due to terrorism related “security reasons” :rotfl: .

Afghanistan calls off Pakistan tour
Afghanistan have refused to visit Pakistan next month due to security reasons, Dunya News reported on Thursday.

Afghanistan were scheduled to play a three-match series against Pakistan in the second week of April.

On the other hand, head of ICC Executive Committee Giles Clarke has called off his visit to Pakistan. He was due in Pakistan next week to monitor security arrangements for World XI’s Pakistan tour.
Besides Afghanistan, Kenya has also aborted the tour of their women’s cricket team due to the “precarious security situation” in the Mohammadden Terrorism fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan. The fomenting of Mohammadden Terrorism by the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi dominated Military of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is certainly coming back to haunt the Islamic Republic of Pakistan :

Afghanistan, Kenya cancel tours
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Islamism thread.

Study by the nonprofit Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT') using data collected by the University of Maryland’s Global Terrorism Database shows a massive growth in Mohammadden Terrorism.

Fox News:

Bloody tide: Terror deaths increased 8-fold since 2010, says study

The study itself can be accessed at IPT’s website:

Islamist Terror Growing in Lethality and Geography, IPT Analysis Finds

Gratifying to see the Mohammadden Terrorism fomented by the uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi dominated Military in order to attempt to intimidate India has boomeranged and between 2007 and 2015, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan has fallen victim of its own tactical brilliance and is seeing death caused by Mohammadden Terrorism reach levels that are very many multiples of India.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistan-Iran Issue of RAW Agent - Edit in DT
India’s clandestine operations in Pakistan have always been a de rigour excuse for most of Pakistan’s problems, and the recent capture of Kulbhushan Yadev would only serve to further heighten this state of perpetual paranoia. While India’s outright rejection of Yadev’s links with RAW were predictably forthcoming, nevertheless, his confessional statement has lent the Pakistani case considerable credence. Amidst the increased securitisation narrative that this development is fuelling, it is pertinent to see the issue in light of the broader structural deficiencies that provide fertile ground for these actors to thrive on. Indeed it will be naïve to believe that Pakistan is not a victim of subversive activities sponsored by its neighbour, but increased emphasis on it is akin to addressing the symptom rather than the cause.

The immediate imperative for Pakistan is to confront the myriad issues that it is facing without shying away from their manifold dimensions. The issue of regional inequity is one that resonates deeply with most Pakistanis and it has been a formidable impediment against effective nation-building. The issue is further aggravated by constant denial of domestic factors at play altogether. It is for this reason that emphasising the external without addressing the internal would be counterproductive. While there is much diplomatic capital to be gained from Yadev’s arrest, it would not bode well for Pakistan to let it overwhelm the public discourse. Instead, owning up to the issues born out of historic deprivation would go a long way in allaying the fears of most impoverished Pakistanis. Moreover, such a multifaceted approach would further strengthen Pakistan’s image as a state that is scrupulously endeavouring to correct its past mistakes. If nothing else, it would at least provide Pakistan with a better moral standing to fight its case on the international stage.

The dominant narrative of perpetual victimisation has not only provided the pretext for evading responsibility, but it has also stifled meaningful debate. Amidst the loud cries of the state under siege, saner voices calling for a nuanced approach have often gotten drowned out. This carries even greater relevance on the international stage as overt accusations on Pakistan’s part usually fall on deaf ears. This further harms Pakistan's credibility as a state that is not taken seriously. Yadev’s capture is surely an admirable achievement on the part of our security agencies, but, gaining the most out of it diplomatically would involve tact and subtlety. If past follies are any indication, Pakistan could weaken its international case by pressing the issue of Indian involvement at every available opportunity. We don't have to look very far, as Pakistan's mishandling of the much-justified Kashmir cause bears testimony to this view. Many opportunities were lost as the Pakistani state intransigently forced the Kashmir issue on many platforms, alienating many potential allies in the process. Keeping this in mind, Pakistan should avoid blatant accusations towards its allies, especially Iran, if it is to walk on the tenuous line successfully. Much to Pakistan's chagrin, the response of Iranian embassy over the irresponsible accusations on the part of the media lends credence to the precariousness of the two countries’ relationship. More importantly, the brazen accusations that are afloat in Pakistan over the alleged ‘India-Iran’ nexus need to be countered by the media if the relationship with Iran is to remain amiable. Meanwhile, the Iranian President’s visit has opened up a new chapter of cooperation between the two states. The potential integration of Pakistan-Iran projects into the much larger China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) has great promise for all three countries. Hence, Pakistan should refrain from endangering its relationship with Iran as it holds greats promise for the future development of Pakistan. *
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

I guess when the Islamic Republic of Pakistan could settle issue of non-delivery of F16’s by the US via shipment of Soybeans, it would be par for the course to compensate gang rape by supply of Wheat :roll: :

Jirga in Mirpurkhas ‘settles’ gang rape case for 30 maunds of wheat
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

SSridhar wrote:Pakistan-Iran Issue of RAW Agent - Edit in DT
The potential integration of Pakistan-Iran projects into the much larger China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) has great promise for all three countries.
Paki delusion sees no end. If international trade route through a country guarantees economic growth then Egypt would have been one of the richest countries in the world.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Foreigners living in 65 houses in capital ‘disappear’
ISLAMABAD: Foreigners residing in 65 houses in the capital city disappeared after final notices were served on them to submit their details to the police last month.
There is no clue to the whereabouts of the foreigners who lived in the 65 houses. Either they moved to other localities in the capital or left the city or even the country, the officials said. When the owners of the houses were approached by the police, they just said the foreigners no longer lived there.
Most of the houses were under the use of embassies and diplomats, European Union and the United Nations.
The officials said 118 houses were under the use of Americans followed by 32 by Chinese nationals, 13 each by foreigners from Australia, England, 10 from Saudi Arabia, eight from Germany, seven from Japan, five from European Union and India, four from Belgium, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan and Oman.
Probably, part of the general paranoia gripping Paki society in light of recent events . Or it could also be due to sloppy police work.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Dancer, Afghan MP ‘settle’ rape case out of court

Other one of those cases, ( just like recent arrest of a Indian origin businessman in a private propery dispute trumpeted to be an India - Pak thing ) where a private issue is blown up as a country to country spat for propaganda purposes !
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Oppression of Women in Pakistan” thread:

1,096 women killed for ‘honour’ in 2015
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

How many RAW agents working in Ramzan Sugar Mills, asks PTI :roll:
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) – Pakistan Tehreek Insaf has asked Information Minister Pervez Rashid to tell the nation how many Indian ‘spies’ were working in Ramzan Sugar Mills, owned by the Sharif family.
PTI Secretary Information Naeem-ul-Haq, while talking to the journalist on Saturday, alleged that the Sharif family had allowed Indians to carry out subversive activities in Pakistan, in order to secure their own business in India.
Related: ‘Jehangir Tareen first brought Indians to Pakistani sugar mills’
“Nawaz Sharif has sent mangoes and inventions to enemies in their private family ceremonies. The family knows that Indian agents have been captured in Pakistan but the prime minister has kept a mysterious silence on the issue,” the PTI leader held.
So an exchange of mangoes and other gifts is being interpreted as something else to gain political points!
After the statement of RAW spymaster Kulbhushun Yadav, Naeemul Haq said, it was clear that India was behind the carnage in Pakistan.
VIDEO: Pakistan releases footage of Indian spymaster admitting involvement in Balochistan insurgency
India wanted to break Pakistan while the Sharif family was struggling to secure their own businesses in India, he added.
So, according to this farticle, Badmash has investment interests in India as well
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

You will have a heart attack after knowing the biggest bribe I ever paid: Malik Riaz
LAHORE (Staff Report) – Pakistan’s renowned businessman Malik Riaz, who often comes up with extraordinary confessions, has this time revealed that he decided to launch a media empire to avoid the blackmailing of several elements.
In interview with Reuters, he said that there was no way left for me except launching TV channels and protect my name. I never wanted to join media but now I have to, he said.
“I will start many TV channels, not one, as I think this will help me to stop the blackmailers from tarnishing my name,” he further added.
On the occasion, Malik Riaz once again confessed that he often bribes top military officials and bureaucrats, adding “you will have a heart attack if I tell you the biggest bribe I ever paid.”
When asked about reports of his weakening ties with army officials under General Raheel Sharif, Riaz said if I didn’t have good relations with General Raheel Sharif my companies’ joint ventures with army would have been shut down. I am friend with army as an institute, he added.
This "richest man of Pakistan" is obviously on an ego trip here; he has been known in the past, to make boastful claims on TV such as he has been the "financier" of the pleasure trips abroad of the Ex Chief Justice's son, so as to gain some traction with the "lazy-eyed" father; and he also developed "business relations" with the brother of the last COAS- the chain smoking, rabid Anti India General; so, it would not surprise anyone to hear of these two nominations for the "prize"
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Paki being Paki, we already knew that they would come up with this:

Pakistan Says India 'Failed' To Prove Pathankot Terrorists Were From Its Soil
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Dipanker wrote:Paki being Paki, we already knew that they would come up with this:

Pakistan Says India 'Failed' To Prove Pathankot Terrorists Were From Its Soil
No, its Indians being Indians that entered into this circus in the first place. After the attack, in the absence of any punishment to TSP, at least the dignified thing to do would have been to ignore TSP. But instead we have this spectacle. And to rub salt to insult, we have Paki "guests" invited on Indian TV to puke this same rubbish, and brag about Indian involvement in Baluchistan.
member_28860
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28860 »

^ +72

I am still trying to figure out what exactly ModiJi accomplished by the trip that he made to Pakistan. Tufail Ahmad, Minhaz Merchant have so beautifully pointed out that the best weapon that India has in dealing with Pakistan is NOT TO DEAL with it all, i.e., ignore that nation completely. Almost everyone on this forum is aware that every inch that India pulls ahead of Pakistan will make a Pakistani ponder over this:

1. This nation is the leader of the Ummah, since we have the atum bum.
2. I along with millions of my fellow ummah, are woken up in the morning by that dreadful azaan.
3. I complete my ablutions, and pray to arrah by raising my A*s up high into the heavens.
4. I complete step 3 4 more times in the day, by literally fart*ng in the other guy's nose in my mosque.
5. I also make sure that my fellow maawalis follow steps 2-4.

And YET and YET, how dare the pagans pull ahead of us. UNKI HIMMAT KAISE HUYI? YEH 1000 SAAL HAMARE GHULAM THE!

So this means that ether he is not a muslim or that Islam is wrong. Since, by definition Islam cannot be wrong, he will try to be more pious, by raising his A** even more higher into the skies. All this while India silently pulls ahead.

That impotent rage is good enough for those folks to implode, but yet out leaders UPA OR NDA throw a lifeline to them.

Someone on this forum said we are a 1/2 forefather, so it is.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Spineless in Lahore
Irfan Husain

This Paki Journo pontificates on the fate of his homeland from the cooler climes of Londonistan , thanks to western infidel technology; and by the way, he is one of the lucky ones! he has insurance (in the form of his English wife), so he cannot be deported back to his Islamic homeland

Pretty soon, he will be in good company in the summer, when the Kammundu , flees from the oven of Dubai to join him :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Russian who came to Pakistan in search of wife arrested
CHITRAL: A Russian national who came to Pakistan in search of a wife has been arrested and is being questioned by intelligence agencies, officials said Saturday.
Apelgans Viacheslov, a 28-year-old from Moscow, had put up posters in the northern district of Chitral advertising his dream of marrying a local woman and offering a one million rupees ($9,550) reward to anybody who could help him achieve it, district police chief Asif Iqbal said.
“The Russian national had embraced Islam for his dream and his new name is Turud Ali,” he told AFP, saying the poster featured a picture of the Russian and the address of the hotel he was staying at.
The Russian was arrested for failing to register with Chitral police station, as foreigners are required to do for security reasons when visiting the area, Iqbal said.
A local security official confirmed the arrest.
“He said he wants to marry a local woman and settle here,” the security official told AFP, asking not to be named.
He said a joint investigation team of the police and intelligence agencies has been formed to investigate the Russian.
The security official said the man also visited Chitral last December.
Officials did not say why intelligence agencies were questioning him.
Chitral, a remote district bordering Afghanistan, is a tourist hotspot famous for its landscape and for being home to the Kalash people, an animistic tribe and Pakistan’s smallest religious minority
RAA agent?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Slimy Lizard & Striped Donkey
Xi defends blocking India’s bid for ban on Azhar
Washington/Beijing - Chinese President Xi Jinping, after meeting US President Barack Obama in Washington, has asserted that they would continue to block India’s proposal to ban Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar.Speaking to reporters at a joint media appearance with his US counterpart, President Xi said the US and China have growing responsibilities for promoting peace and stability in the world.In a move consistent with its policy of taking actions based on merit and facts, China put on hold an Indian proposal to list Masood Azhar in the UN Security Council’s Al-Qaeda Sanctions list.The 15-member Council had rejected a previous Indian attempt to list Masood Azhar several years ago, as his links with Al-Qaeda were not clear. The UN experts say this was a basic requirement for listing suspected terrorists to the Al-Qaeda Sanctions List, and the Security Council’s rejection of Indian proposal meant that it did not find any merit in Indian assertions. Since then, it was pointed out the only new element India brought in its latest proposal was linking Masood Azhar to Pathankot incident in January 2016. While the matter was still under investigation, India chose to take up the case just on the basis of allegations.
"It also indicates India’s predisposition to act irresponsibly while Pakistan’s Joint Investigation Team was cooperating with its authorities to bring out the facts," a diplomatic observer pointed out, reported APP. "Knowing well that such a move will not be conducive to cooperation between the two countries, India also laid bare its policy of mudslinging at Pakistan rather than developing cooperation with it." Diplomatic observers also noted that China, a permanent member of the Security Council, stood firm on principles when the Indian proposal came for decision in the Security Council. "Its policy of judging each proposal on merit and verifying the facts of case meant that the Indian proposal needed to be looked at in more detail," one observer said. "China believes that counterterrorism measures must be fair and based on facts in order to be effective. Mere allegations made for political gains undermine the global effort against terrorism rather than strengthening it. It is, therefore, up to India to support its assertions with facts or risk losing credibility in the United Nations."
In a briefing in Beijing, Chinese government on Friday defended its decision to once again block India’s bid at the UN, saying that it acts on such issues based on facts and rules in an “objective and just manner”.Asked about China’s reported last minute move putting a technical hold on India’s submission, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said China “supports UN playing a central and coordinating role in international cooperation against terrorism”.“We always deal with the listing issue (banning militant groups and their leaders) under the UN Security Council Committee established under resolution 1267 based on facts and relevant rules of procedures in an objective and just manner,” he said.“The Chinese side has always been in communication with relevant parties on the listing issue,” he said, hinting that China is also in touch with India on the issue.Stating that China is opposed to all forms of terrorism, Hong said “China has also taken active part in international counter-terrorism corporation”.To another question about Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s comments at the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington yesterday that the world community should “drop the notion that terrorism is someone else’s problem and that ‘his’ terrorist is not ‘my’ terrorist,” Hong said “China opposes double standards on the issue of terrorism”.“We believe that all parties should enhance communication in a bid to forge counter-terrorism synergy to work together with entire international community, including India, to jointly fight against the threat of terrorism and safeguard peace and stability of the region and beyond,” he said.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-FreeBaloc ... 486926.cms
Debate: #FreeBalochistan: Global movement to expose Pakistan

Tarek Fatah demolishing Paki Jhopra.
He will be one great Non State Actor to put fear of god in Paki rats. Dr Tarek Fatah, Author & Columnist; Ahmar Mustikhan, Journalist (Defender of Human Rights of people of Baloch. Watch Paki getting Constipated on live Tv . We will not let Paki do BD on Balochi people: Arnab.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Lot of fake news and propaganda against India
http://www.taboo.news/the-worlds-most-p ... armies/18/
:roll:
Tied for fourth place are the armed forces of both India and Pakistan. Both nations possess enormous manpower and massive quantities of technologically advanced armaments. However, the nations are not uniformly equal.

For instance, whilst Pakistan easily wins out in terms of active personnel (Pakistan possesses approximately 600,000 active military personnel whilst India only has around 1,300,000) India wins out in terms of air dominance, with a huge air force of nearly 2000 combat aircrafts.

They are taking Pak behavior and make it same for India
Prisoners of Geography

INDIA AND PAKISTAN CAN AGREE ON ONE THING: NEITHER WANTS the other one around. This is somewhat problematic given that they share a 1,900-mile long border. Each country fairly bristles with antagonism and nuclear weapons, so how they manage this unwanted relationship is a matter of life and death on a scale of tens of millions.
Militarily, India and Pakistan are pitted against each other. Both sides say their posture is defensive, but neither believes the other and so they continue to mass troops on the border, locked together in a potential dance of death.
The Kashmir issue is partially one of national pride, but it is also strategic. Full control of Kashmir would give India a window into Central Asia and a border with Afghanistan. It would also deny Pakistan a border with China and thus diminish the usefulness of a Chinese–Pakistani relationship. The Pakistani government likes to trumpet that its friendship with China is ‘taller than the mountains and deeper than the oceans’. This is not true, but it is useful in sometimes making the Americans nervous about cutting Pakistan off from the massive financial aid it receives from Washington.
If Pakistan had full control of Kashmir it would strengthen Islamabad’s foreign policy options and deny India opportunities. It would also help Pakistan’s water security. The Indus River originates in Himalayan Tibet but passes through the Indian-controlled part of Kashmir before entering Pakistan and then running the length of the country and emptying into the Arabian Sea at Karachi.
Annexing all of Kashmir would secure Pakistan’s water supply. Given the stakes, neither side will let go; and until they agree on Kashmir the key to unlocking the hostility between them cannot be found. Kashmir looks destined to remain a place where a sporadic proxy war between Pakistani-trained fighters and the Indian army is conducted – a conflict which threatens to spill over into full-scale war with the inherent danger of the use of nuclear weapons. Both countries will also continue to fight another proxy war – in Afghanistan
The distance from the Indian border to Islamabad is less than 250 miles, most of it flat ground. In the event of a massive, overwhelming, conventional attack the Indian army could be in the capital within a few days. That they profess no desire to do so is not the point: from Pakistan’s point of view they might, and the geographical possibility is enough for Pakistan to require a Plan A and a Plan B to counter the risk.
Plan A is to halt an Indian advance in the Punjab and possibly counter-attack across the border and cut the Indian Highway 1A, which is a vital supply route for the Indian military. The Indian Army is more than 1 million strong, twice the size of Pakistan’s, but if can’t be supplied, it can’t fight. Plan B is to fall back across the Afghan border if required, and that requires a sympathetic government in Kabul. Hence geography has dictated that Pakistan will involve itself in Afghanistan, as will India.

With India it always comes back to Pakistan and with Pakistan it is with India.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

(DAWN) India’s Pakistan strategy
INDIA’S ambitions of achieving Great Power status cannot be fully realised unless Pakistan is strategically neutralised. A conventional military defeat of Pakistan has been a costly and unlikely option ever since the latter acquired a credible nuclear deterrence capability. Pakistan has also built a strategic relationship with China which provides it with the capacity to balance, to a considerable extent, India’s larger military and economic capabilities.

India’s need to bring Pakistan to heel has intensified in the context of the emerging Great Power contest in Asia. Pakistan’s incorporation into an Indian sphere of influence would be a grave setback to China’s future role in South, West and Central Asia and the western Indian Ocean. The prospect of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, while India has no land access to the west and Central Asia, has added a new dimension to India’s determination to neutralise Pakistan. India’s strategic goals, if not its methods, are fully supported by the US and its allies.

India has adopted a complex strategy to wear down Pakistan’s resistance. This strategy encompasses: military and political pressure; subversion; terrorism; diplomatic isolation; media and public defamation and cultural domination.

Some elements of India’s comprehensive strategy and actions are now public knowledge, such as Indian National Security Adviser Ajit Doval’s boastful speech recalling how Indian agencies eroded the Kashmiri freedom struggle through corruption and intimidation; forecasting the separation of Balochistan; and expressing glee at the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan’s beheading of Pakistani soldiers in Fata.

India’s strategy has a wide canvas.

One element of the strategy is the attempt, pursued in tandem with the West, to neutralise Pakistan’s nuclear deterrence capabilities. Thus, the discriminatory Western restraints on equipment and technology transfers to Pakistan and the vigorous US opposition to Pakistan’s deployment of theatre nuclear weapons and long-range missiles which are designed, respectively, to counter India’s Cold Start doctrine and its second-strike capability.

Meanwhile, India maintains military pressure on Pakistan through deployment of advanced weapons systems (ballistic missiles, anti-ballistic missiles etc), expanded offensive deployments, military exercises to refine the capacity for a surprise attack (as envisaged in India’s Cold Start doctrine) and frequent shelling along the Line of Control in Kashmir.

Subversion, involving infiltration, sponsorship and support for dissident or disgruntled groups within Pakistan, is a third element of this strategy. The sponsorship of the Baloch Liberation Army and terrorism in Balochistan and Sindh has now been confirmed by the recent capture and confession of the Indian spy. Disaffected groups in Karachi, rural Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkwa have been encouraged for many years to disrupt peace and security.

Substantial proof has been gathered by Islamabad’s agencies of Indian sponsorship of terrorism against Pakistan through the TTP, in collaboration with Kabul’s National Directorate of Security and certain power brokers. Some of this evidence has been shared with the UN but has not evoked any action so far from the world organisation. An Indian link to the Lahore park atrocity, responsibility for which has claimed by an affiliate of the TTP, cannot be ruled out.

Pakistan’s armed forces are one of the few organised institutions left in the country. Not surprisingly, because of their profession and training, their resistance to Indian domination is robust. Tarnishing the reputation and credibility of the Pakistan Army is an important element of the Indian strategy. Through the Indian and Western media, the Pakistan Army is incessantly accused of doing today what it did yesterday — supporting the Afghan Taliban and the Kashmiri jihadi groups.

The reality is clouded by ‘fifty shades of grey’. Despite old relationships, Pakistan’s security establishment is either confronting some of these Jihadi groups or has little influence over them (the Afghan Taliban). The violent sectarian groups in Punjab are known to have enjoyed in recent years the protection of some politicians rather than the security establishment. Notwithstanding this, the Indian-inspired mantra against the army and the ISI is frequently echoed not only by the Western media but even within Pakistan.

At the opposite end of India’s kinetic actions, is the wide and successful use of its “‘soft power’, epitomised by Bollywood. This song and dance culture has been warmly embraced by large segments of Pakistan’s young and moneyed elite. Over time, this can lead to greater acceptance in Pakistan of India’s political and strategic goals.

Since early days, India has attempted to co-opt Pakistani politicians, by fair means and foul. When out of office, some political leaders have had intimate contacts with the Indians. Shamefully, some of them — excluding the ruling party — are known to have expressed the desire for Indian and other foreign intervention in Pakistan’s internal affairs. Even today, the desire of some of Pakistan’s leaders to ‘normalise’ relations with India at any cost is inexplicable.

India has been able to play on the fears and predilections of Pakistan’s politicians to set the tone and pace of the bilateral relationship. Dialogue is held out as a favour to Pakistan. India’s positions on both substance and process keep hardening with each encounter. Concessions continue to be made by Pakistan on process and substance — to no avail or purpose.

It is high time for Pakistan’s National Defence Council, which includes both the civilian and military leadership, to undertake a frank and in-depth review of India’s objectives and policies towards Pakistan and evolve a coherent and consensual strategy to respond to each of the elements of India’s policies aimed against Pakistan.

To those Americans who disingenuously chide Pakistan for being paranoid about India, I would respond as Trotsky did shortly before being assassinated: “Just because I am paranoid, does not mean I am not persecuted.”

The writer is a former Pakistan ambassador to the UN.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Cpack or Dpack Nothing will work unless India participate.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Taliban sold Indian ‘spy’ to ISI: ex-diplomat - The Hindu
The war of words over the arrested former Indian Navy officer in Pakistan intensified on Saturday with a former German diplomat claiming that the person was, in fact, kidnapped by the Taliban who then sold him to the Pakistani intelligence agencies.

According to Pakistani daily Dawn , Gunter Mulack was speaking on “Crisis in the Middle East — A German Perspective” in Karachi when he claimed that the Indian official, named Kulbhushan Jadhav, was kidnapped “by the Taliban and sold” to Pakistani agencies.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSJi, whatever may have taken place, with that so called 'spy', TSP has pretty much dealt a death blow to ModiJi's gambit. Pataknot is now history, TSP has pretty much hit that out of the ball park (just watch the smirk on TSP guests' faces feted on DDM). Going forward, TSP's and its 3.5's, as also TSP-pasand India traitors' mantra will be that "both sides" should stop subversive activities against each other and be good boys, and resume p!ss and kirket and pee pee contact etc. And I am sure ModiJi keen to show he is not "intolerant" will fall in place as he has till now. And of course, the usual BJP Vs Cong bean counting, you did this, we did that ... disgusting spectacle. Wonder how such a sharp brain as DovalJi did not see this coming.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Jhujar wrote:Cpack or Dpack Nothing will work unless India participate.

this is playing onlee on youtube :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgQfD6ZAzsI
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 665777.cms?

this behavior is par for the course for bakis!
Despite the political rancour underlining Indo-Pak ties, a feeling of warmth and conviviality always shone out in exchanges between the people of the two countries. Is the situation changing now?.

An Indian diplomat representing India's high commissioner was ridiculed and humiliated this week in Islamabad in the presence of top international diplomats with the host accusing him? of underpaying for his presence there

The Kehkeshan Hall of Islamabad's swanky Serena Hotel was teeming with diplomats on Thursday evening. The occasion was Oxbridge Lecture organised by Pakistan's Oxford and Cambridge Society. They had gathered to listen to Afghanistan's ambassador to Pakistan Omar Zakhilwal on Af-Pak relations. Among them was an Indian diplomat representing India's high commissioner to Pakistan Gautam Bambawale.
While introducing the speaker, the chairman of the Society, Irshad-Ullah Khan, started to talk "on a lighter note" about the drop-box voluntary donation of Rs 500 and above from all guests. Leaving his audience bemused, Rhodes Scholar Khan whipped out his wallet saying he had with him an Indian Rs 10 currency note which he claimed had been contributed by the Indian guest when he attended the last Oxbridge Lecture in February this year, again representing india's high commissioner.
"How do you expect to resolve the Kashmir issue with a Rs 10 contribution," Khan said calling out the Indian diplomat from the audience.
Even as Zakhilwal waited to take the floor, Khan went on to talk about how his staff had been " more vigilant this time and used cameras to establish that the diplomat? had contributed only Rs 100" on this occasion. A businessman and poet, Khan is a very popular figure in Pakistan. The invite to the guests clearly said that the donation was voluntary and was meant to meet the Lecture expenses.
It didn't end there though. After the lecture by Zakhilwal, Khan thought it proper to bring up India's contribution again saying he had finally found the Rs 10 note in his wallet and displayed it to the audience. He went on to say that the Oxford and Cambridge Society would keep it as a souvenir from the Indian high commission.
The humiliation has stunned India's diplomatic community. India believes that what Khan did was "intentional" and an act of frustration, or even intimidation at a time when the Pakistan government is under pressure to ensure Kashmir remains the centrepiece of its engagement with India. Indian authorities say the diplomat on both occasions had dropped Rs 500 into the box. The diplomat in fact accosted Khan after the event and, as a source put it, thanks him for his "kind words and? warm hospitality".
"Diplomats from either countries regularly work in hostile conditions but this kind of humiliation is rare. And he was not there in his personal capacity," said a source here.
India and Pakistan diplomats, even at the level of high commissioners, have come to expect occasional harassment? as an occupational hazard. Last year, a club in Karachi refused to host Indian high commissioner. Never before though in recent times, as sources said, Indian diplomats have felt so strongly about the humiliation meted out to the diplomat at the Oxbridge Lecture in full view of Islamabad's diplomatic community.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The above is a vivid illustration of the theory that Pakistanis of all hues and varieties are complete, inveterate India haters, liars, terrorists. As a protest, the Indian diplomat must have walked out immediately, even if he had not retaliated verbally considering the situation. I feel that by staying back, he lent himself to further abuse. Didn't they say that satyagraha was not for them as the Prophet had said bloodshed was the only way to achieve goals? The Prophet has also said that Dhimmis must be humiliated at every opportunity.

Pakistanis do not understand anything less than hard blows. Everything must be remembered, like an elephant, and revenge of 10x extracted.

I won't be surprised if the situation slides to the level in the late 80s/early 90s when Indian diplomats were even beaten up by the ISI.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

wig wrote: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 665777.cms?

Despite the political rancour underlining Indo-Pak ties, a feeling of warmth and conviviality always shone out in exchanges between the people of the two countries. Is the situation changing now?.
The statement above is bullshit. Diplomats have frequently been targeted and insulted.

Having said that Rs 10 is more than what Pakistan is worth, and no point hiding that fact. In fact a 50 paise coin would have been best and the Indian diplomat should invite the media to show that he is giving Pakis fair money for their value.

Timepass news. No insult. Satyameva jayate
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Post by Peregrine »

SSridhar Ji :

For Good Orders Sake repeating the actual Dawn Article :
‘Arab elite responsible for Middle East crises’
KARACHI: The current crises besetting the Middle East are largely due to the failure of the Arab elite and the resultant failure of Arab states, as well as the fact that the West had no problem in dealing with these authoritarian regimes.

These views were expressed here on Friday by German diplomat and scholar Dr Gunter Mulack at the Pakistan Institute of International Affairs while speaking on the topic of ‘Crisis in the Middle East — A German Perspective’.

Dr Mulack has served as the German ambassador to Pakistan, as well as his country’s first Commissioner for Dialogue with the Muslim World.
Dr Mulack also sounded sceptical of the promises the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor held. “Be aware the Chinese will not bring you paradise on earth”, he said, while claiming that the Indian spy recently arrested in Balochistan was actually caught “by the Taliban and sold” to Pakistani intelligence.
Cheers Image
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Gangrape case of 14 year old settled for 1,200kg of wheat.

A gangrape case in Pakistan has been allegedly settled for 1,200kg of wheat by local elders, highlighting the grave travesty of justice in the country.

A police case was registered few days ago on complaint of the 14-year-old victim's brother in Ghulam Nabi Shah area of Umerkot district in Sindh province.

The victim's father said that following the registration of the case and the subsequent arrest of the main suspect, he was forced to settle the dispute through the 'jirga', a traditional system of settling disputes through tribal elders, and was promised a compensation of 1,200kg of wheat.

The jirga was held under the supervision of a local influential landlord, he added.

He said that after he refused to accept the compensation he was forced to leave the area with his family. He alleged that since local media highlighted the issue, local elites have been threatening him to keep mum and withdraw the case, the report said.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

"Dead Rat Bounty " Scam In Pakiland
Police foils bid to smuggle DEAD RATS from Punjab to Peshawar
ATTOCK (News Desk) – Following the Peshawar City Government’s announcement to pay Rs25 prize to citizens against every killed rat, several groups have tried to smuggle dead mouses to the city to get prize money.
One of such attempt was precluded near Attock, where Police officials and Taxation Department recovered 100 dead rats from a vehicle. The mouses were packed in five shopping bags and hidden in different sections of vehicle.
During the initial interrogation, driver told police that they were going to Peshawar to claim head money for the dead rats.
It is also pertinent to mentioned here that Peshawar’s residents have been asked to dump the rats at specific points reserved in all four towns across the city and also claim their bounty from there forthwith. The district administration has also directed the authorities concerned to distribute rat-killing poison among the residents.
The Peshawar Cantonment Board had also announced Rs300 prize for killing one rat.
I was hoping to find some "prominent Paki names" (like Immy, Badmash, Kammundu, Tenpercenti etc ) in the haul, so the "poor citizens" could have collected Rs 25 apiece for bringing them in :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Something Brewing In Pakiland ?; Nisar Denies Secret Meeting With Bad Sharif
Nisar denies ‘secret’ meeting with COAS
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali denies the reports published in print that Interior Minister and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif held a “secret” meeting with Chief of the Army Staff General Raheel Sharif.
“We hold frequent meetings with the army chief regarding national action plan and other security issues. It wasn’t a secret meeting at all as we met the army chief during daytime at 3pm,” he said.
The interior minister, however, did not reveal the content of the meeting.
It seems that after the Lahore attack, the balance of power -specially in Pakjab -has shifted even more in favour of the faujis, IMO

And now this, from Dus-Percenti, the intuitive political animal ! :

Zardari cautions against shifting of power away from people

Well, the bottom line still is that the khakis cannot seize formal political power, due to Kerry-Lugar provisions, but Badmashe's and his brother's writ, becomes smaller and smaller by the day
Last edited by Falijee on 03 Apr 2016 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Christian Carnival Cashes In On Paki Turmoil !
10,000 Pakistani Muslims Accept Jesus in One Night(and become future "Wajib-ul-cutlets!)
Revival in Pakistan: Pastor Anwar Fazal touching millions in Pakistan by sharing the Gospel in the Islam dominated country. Senior Pastor Anwar Fazal from Eternal Life Ministries (ELM) in Pakistan arranges a big Healing Crusade every Wednesday in Lahore, and thousands of People attend every week in Lahore. It is reported as the biggest Healing Meetings in Pakistan by far. Gospel will not stop, but it will go to the ends of the world.
At one rally in Pakistan 10,000 Muslims accepted Christ in one night, and over the course of the week-long rally there were many miraculous healings and more than 150,000 Muslims were saved out of 200,000 that attended. The personage of Christ himself has been appearing to Muslims across the Middle East in the form of visions, proclaiming that He is indeed the King of King and Lord of Lords, and that He will soon be returning to claim His throne.
The Work that ELM church does, and the incredible feeling of hearing 10,000 Muslims shouting, “Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!” as they defy the certain death sentence imposed for those who leave Islam and accept Christ as their Lord and personal Saviour.
The number of Christians attending the meetings are very high. Generally Christians in Pakistan face persecution from the government and other officials. However, these brothers in Christ are persistent in their Faith in Jesus Christ. This short video is from 3 days Prayer Festival organised by ELM Pakistan shows the love these people have for Jesus. We pray that Pakistan would know that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven.
Their Daily Broadcast in ISSAC TV is watched by thousands of Christians in Pakistan. It is by far the most watched Christian Channel in Pakistan.
Am surprised that Paki authorities are allowing this kind of " banned entertainment for the Aam Abduls "; suspect some right palms must have been greased :mrgreen:
Ps: am also sure that the die-hard Jamatis are probably ignorant of these gatherings !
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

SSridhar wrote:The above is a vivid illustration of the theory that Pakistanis of all hues and varieties are complete, inveterate India haters, liars, terrorists. As a protest, the Indian diplomat must have walked out immediately, even if he had not retaliated verbally considering the situation. I feel that by staying back, he lent himself to further abuse. Didn't they say that satyagraha was not for them as the Prophet had said bloodshed was the only way to achieve goals? The Prophet has also said that Dhimmis must be humiliated at every opportunity.

Pakistanis do not understand anything less than hard blows. Everything must be remembered, like an elephant, and revenge of 10x extracted.

I won't be surprised if the situation slides to the level in the late 80s/early 90s when Indian diplomats were even beaten up by the ISI.
If anything he should be questioned for wasting Rs. 10/-
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

regarding the HC event, it just means Pakistan are desperate. We need to stick to our plans for the artificial nation to come tumbling down, now even their army is panicking. No need to take food off their throat.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Here are the famous politicos in ‘the Wikileaks of the mega-rich’ by Fusion Investigative Unit
It’s being called the “Panama Papers” — a trove of 11.5 million leaked internal documents from the Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca, showing how hundreds of thousands of people with money to hide used anonymous shell corporations across the world. Fusion’s investigative unit was one of the more than 100 media organizations that dove into the files — and found drug dealers, arms traders, human traffickers, fraudsters. We also found no shortage of politicians or their family members.
Badmash joins the company of the "Rich And Famous"
AYAD ALLAWIFormer Iraqi PM
KING SALMAN BIN ABDULAZIZ BIN ABDULRAHMAN AL SAUDKing of Saudi Arabia
RAMI AND HAFEZ MAKHLOUFCousins of Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad
KOJO ANNAN Son of ex-U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
FAMILY OF NAWAZ SHARIF PM of Pakistan

For years, Sharif, a longtime presence in Pakistani politics, has had to answer questions about his family’s “riches from a network of businesses that include steel, sugar and paper mills and extensive international property holdings,” ICIJ says. Mossacks’ documents show a series of offshore companies operated by Sharif’s children, Mariam, Hussein and Hasan, including one to hold “a UK property each for use by the family” and others that moved million in assets. Mossack Fonseca resigned from a company Hasan directed in 2007, calling him “a politically exposed person.” The Sharif family did not respond to the ICIJ’s requests for comment.

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2016

Post by Peregrine »

Rains kill 36 in north-western Pakistan: Officials
PESHAWAR: At least 36 people were killed and 27 injured after heavy rain across northwest Pakistan caused the roofs of dozens of homes to collapse, officials said Sunday.
Cheers Image
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

So a reuters journalist interviewed Malik Riaz (who is a property tycoon. Used to be some sort of clerk in Army Defence Housing Authority). This chap is totally shady, and gives out free or reduced price houses to Ex and serving army TFTAs. But still churns out a handsome profit. So you do the math how he does it. Anyway, the rumors used to be that Army would give him land for free and he would in turn develop them with houses, malls and such, and give a few of them to the TFTAs

Bahria township is one of them

So fella gets interviewed. He makes a statement "If I werent so close to Bad Sharif, how do you think I get so many contracts with the Army". Which got printed by reuters. Now the new Army chief (and his ISPR lackey) are all totally image conscious. They had their goons call up reuters. And reuters retracted the article

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pakis ... SKCN0WU1V5
The story on March 29 headlined “INTERVIEW-Pakistani property tycoon eyes media move to protect his name”, is withdrawn. The story included a quote attributed to Malik Riaz Hussain about his relationship with Pakistan's army chief, General Raheel Sharif, that was incorrect. There will be no replacement story.
The motorma who wrote that story is the owner of a dog whose brother works for my chaiwallh's milk supplier. Rumor is that she claims that such a claim was made, and it is on tape. I personally dont think anything will come out of it.

These were the satanic verses which earned Reuters a fatwa
Hussain says he is Pakistan's sixth largest tax payer. He also publicly states that he has paid bribes to top politicians, judges and even members of the feared ISI intelligence agency.

The publicity wing of the military, which answers for the ISI, declined to comment on Hussain's allegations.

"If I tell you the amount of the biggest bribe I have ever paid, you will have a heart attack," Hussain said.

In a public deposition in 2012 that hit Pakistani headlines, he said he had bankrolled the playboy lifestyle of the son of the country's chief justice in return for favorable treatment in court cases related to his empire.

The case is ongoing, though it has stalled.

Hussain also currently faces several investigations by the national corruption watchdog. Among the allegations against him are illegally grabbing land and using favor with politicians to have state-owned property allotted to him at throwaway prices.

Currently, he has five joint development projects with the army spread over thousands of acres.

Recent chatter among Pakistan's elite suggests that Hussain may be losing his influence with the military under the country's army chief General Raheel Sharif. The military declined to comment.

Hussain dismissed such rumors.

"If I didn't have relations with Raheel Sharif, the joint ventures would have shut down, wouldn't they?" Hussain said.

"I am friends with the army, I am friends with the institution."
People with long memories will remember that a 34 year old Reuters Pakistan Bureau chief suddenly dropped down dead in her office, no post mortem was done. This was after articles about Baluchistan was printed in Reuters. So probably they wised up this time and retracted the article.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1166083
Maria Golovnina, the Pakistan and Afghanistan bureau chief of Reuters based in Islamabad who was found dead on February 23, died due to a shortage of oxygen, DawnNews reported.
I think "died due to shortage of oxygen" should be added alongside with "vacuum bulb burst" :mrgreen:
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Well, proverbial pakistaniyat might hit the fan. Mossack Fonseca is a firm which provides legal services for offshore shell companies to hide the wealth of the rich and mighty. They suffered a data break. And lookie what people found:

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/ ... ma-papers/
Nawaz Sharif family owned, mortgaged six London properties via British Virgin Islands
Hussain and Hasan Nawaz Sharif, and Mariam Safdar, the sons and daughter of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, set up at least four offshore companies in British Virgin Islands (BVI). These companies owned at least six upmarket properties overlooking London’s Hyde Park.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

This Bahria town is quite remarkable

That is in Isloo.

This is in Lahore, where you can pretend to be an arab from Egypt

These townships are actually bigger than Isloo itself.

I have seen several pictures of places, some of my fourth cousin's contacts from across the border live there. Its not that some selected photogenic pictures are on the net, the places are really that slick. Let us for a moment skip the part where we wonder how the land acquisition was done and who on earth has the money to buy such places. Seeing all that makes my heart sink.

What the TFTAs have essentially done is to build walled off places for the rich and wealthy. Someone told me that by 2020 or something Bahria townships will have about 1 million residents. In a huge gated community with movie theaters and parks. With the rabid Yahoos walled off outside. What sinks my heart is that the yahoos outside need to be given something. Else they'd want to break down the walls and come inside and Qadrify all the Jahils. Guess where they are going to be sent.