India's Power Sector

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Re: India's Power Sector

Post by SwamyG »

Not a single power plant facing coal shortage now, Piyush Goyal says
The government has transformed the country's coal scenario in a short span and not a single thermal power plant is now facing shortage of the fuel, Union minister Piyush Goyal said here on Saturday.

"During the erstwhile (UPA) government, there was once a time when two thirds of the total number of thermal power plants in the country had to be kept shut for a few days due to coal shortage. But presently, there is not a single thermal power plant in the country that is facing coal crisis," Goyal said.
member_29350
BRFite

Post by member_29350 »

BHEL commissions 40 MW hydro power project in West Bengal
Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has commissioned a 40 MW hydro electric generating unit in West Bengal’s Darjeeling district. This takes BHEL’s total hydel power commissioning to 770 MW in this fiscal, which is also the highest so far in a single fiscal year since 2005-06.

The project is a run-of-the-river greenfield project on the Teesta river and is part of the 4x40 MW Teesta Low Dam Hydro Electric project. The other three units are also in advanced stage of execution.

The second unit is expected to be commissioned soon, according to a BHEL statement. It is also executing the 3x40 MW Rammam Stage III hydro electric project of NTPC in West Bengal.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Congi ecosystem is feeling pinch, now they cant do whatever they please and bleed ex-checker.

Adani Group may buy Jindal Power; valuation likely at Rs 18,000-20,000 crore, inclusive of debt
As on FY15, the Jindal group's consolidated debt was Rs 45,500 crore and the deal, if it goes through, will help pare it by half.
"From an M&A perspective, the valuation translates to around Rs 6 cr/mw. In today's market that is very attractive for ready assets.

The buyer has to secure fuel linkage and sort out PPAs as currently only 30% of total commissioned capacity has offtake agreements in place," said an analyst.

The proposed sale is yet another example where lenders are proactively coaxing indebted business houses to unwind their leverage via asset sales. Last week, Jaiprakash Associates sold its cement asset with an annual installed capacity of 22.4 million tonnes forRs 16,500 crore.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^^ Great news!

Isn't this a good way to cap, rollback and eliminate the C-System?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Which Jindal are we talking here? Sajjan Jindal seems to be a nice guy unlike his brother Navin Jindal.

Added Later: OK, jindal Power belongs to Navin Jindal, the congress MP. But not sure if the Jindal brothers are separated or together.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

One more bookmarkable website. It lists state wise power tarries, consumption, demand. Its a gem of efficiency and transparency in power sector.

http://vidyutpravah.in/
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ Very nice. Ever since Mr. Goyal mentioned once seeing surplus power trading for free due to lack of takers, I had wanted to see that data. Looks like this site's what he was referring to.

Also, see the reduction in shortage over the years by hovering over the "i" buttons in the shortage section. A barometer for what his ministry has done to improve things (of course, some of it could be improvements by individual states too). Good going.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

It is 100GW by 2022 - see video below. Excellent talk by Mr. Goyal

https://youtu.be/HUw3uPRoTSw?t=788

[youtube]HUw3uPRoTSw?t=788[/youtube]
Gyan
BRFite

Re: Indian Economy News & Discussion - Aug 26 2015

Post by Gyan »

At 15% efficiency it would be only equivalent to 15000 MW
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

if this surplus is not matched by a decrease in consumer tariff then the impact will not be felt on the ground. The tariff is steep in Bengal. I play almost Rs. 10 per unit. This is in a state where free electricity is no longer a vote bank politics.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I believe electricity tariffs in India are one of the lowest in the world. It is only going to go up.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/guides/energy ... s-kwh.html
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Shonu wrote:It is 100GW by 2022 - see video below. Excellent talk by Mr. Goyal

https://youtu.be/HUw3uPRoTSw?t=788

[youtube]HUw3uPRoTSw?t=788[/youtube]
Midway he mentioned that Congress had set a target of 20kMW by 2022, Already in 2015 they have set in motion some 19kMW and they are actually hoping to exceed the target of 100K MW.
They are also looking at cleaning the some the coal fired power plants.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

When they talk of meeting the state's demand, I am sure it does not include the requirement after power shedding right? Power shedding is done because of shortage. For example if the site says a state's requirement has been met completely then the state must have 24x7 power across all districts and regions right? This is not however true in most states. I know of cities given higher preference in TN where a city like Chennai has lower power shedding whereas the tier-2 cities have more frequent load shedding runs. The operational challenges of outages are a reality but cannot explain something like daily power shedding though.
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Gyan wrote:At 15% efficiency it would be only equivalent to 15000 MW
This comment is a hit-job! If there's any comment that can be called for defamation, then it is this one.

India currently has about 288GW installed capacity (Link). So by your assumption India only produces about 60GW. Pray tell us what your measure of efficiency is for other countries - perhaps 150%?
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Power reported is output power, I don't think anybody reports input power. So when somebody says "100 MW solar plant," that's power *output,* and the efficiency has already been factored in.

For some reason, Gyan saab seems to like to diss the Modi govt. at every given oppty. But the above remark on "only 15% efficiency" is really ridiculous.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

The CG can only do so much. They can electrify all homes and meet the peak power demand. But the ability to actually deliver a load shedding free India will need co-operation of the SG, viability and ability of SEBs to evacuate the power and ability of the customer to buy it. The better run states are likely to be almost load shedding free.
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

The tech being considered under National Solar Mission does not include Solar Thermal plants at the moment though they will come in due time (including thermal storage systems).

So at the moment there's no question of thermal efficiency. You get >99% of what you convert.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

JTull wrote:The tech being considered under National Solar Mission does not include Solar Thermal plants at the moment though they will come in due time (including thermal storage systems).

So at the moment there's no question of thermal efficiency. You get >99% of what you convert.
No disagreements with what you say, but I think Gyan is talking about the 15% conversion efficiency of solar panels, from solar energy to electricity. But this:
At 15% efficiency it would be only equivalent to 15000 MW
is still a moronic argument, because the original 100 GW has *already factored in this 15% conversion efficiency, which means the input solar power is really ~600 GW.* Now Gyan comes along, assuming that this 100 GW is input solar power, and further multiplying that by another 15%, and saying "you will only get 15000 MW out of this." How many times will you apply your 15% multiplier, Mr. Gyan? As many times as it takes to make Modi look bad, I guess?
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

Supratik wrote:I believe electricity tariffs in India are one of the lowest in the world. It is only going to go up.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/guides/energy ... s-kwh.html
Relative to purchasing power, I would say one of the costliest. My monthly bill comes to about 7000/pm averaged for the year. Now this would be 100 USD as per exchange rate but easily USD 350 if u take PPP model
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Thats too high. How many bedrooms, ACs and other electrical appliances are you running?
durairaaj
BRFite

Post by durairaaj »

This should be discussed in separate thread related to solar energy. Just to quickly clear misconceptions let me write it here. Reading above posts show that Gyan has more Gyan in terms of solar energy than Sudarshan and JTull.
100GW is in terms of power not energy. The solar panel will not be generating electricity during evening, night and early morning. During this time efficiency is zero. The overall energy efficiency of solar cell per day close to 15 %. Thats what Gyan mentioned as 15% efficiency. i.e. 100 GW produced for 6 hours is equivalent 15 GW produced over an entire day. This is more like efficiency loss due to low capacity utilization factor and not related to the thermal efficiency.

Theo_Fidel would have contributed to this discussion on solar cell. Where's Theo_Fidel? we have not seen his post since the Chennai floods. Theo_fidel has not responded to topic on Chennai floods, either. This is kind of weird. Mods can you find, if Theo_fidel has logged in recently.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Not sure why Gyan needs you as his interpreter. Gyan made a one-liner post which can be interpreted in multiple ways. You come in here interpreting it in your own way, and also writing about "power, not energy."

First off, neither JTull nor I even mentioned the word "energy" in any of our posts. So why are you setting up this straw-man?

Second off, if you do your math correctly (rather than hand-waving like you're doing) 100 MW over six hours with no power generation over the remaining 18, averages to 25 MW over 24 hours (or one day), not to 15 MW. So I don't know where you get your "15% efficiency" there.

If you're talking of the 15% generation efficiency of solar panels, that's already accounted for in the 100 MW output generation. No need to again multiply by 15% and say "only 15 MW is generated."

And Theo Fidel is the person who was famous for confusing power and energy multiple times to begin with.

Anyway off-topic here, so my last on this.

Edit: OK, there is one mention of the word "energy" in my post:
from solar energy to electricity.
But where is the "confusion of energy with power?"
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

I see what you mean about Theo Fidel though. Hope he's safe, and didn't have any trouble in the Chennai floods. Last post was Nov. 17, last visit Nov. 19. Anybody here know him in person?
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

sudarshan stop feeding the trolls. you can illuminate the world but cannot enlighten everyone.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

Supratik wrote:Thats too high. How many bedrooms, ACs and other electrical appliances are you running?
In winter it is around 3k per month. Max high is about 10k per month during sultry summer. I run about 3 a/cs, washing machine, 2 fridge, 2 water heaters. 10 light bulbs, few laptops etc. The load has remained the same sine last 10 years but cost of energy has doubled or so.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

That is why your bill is so high. The avg bill is 2000-4000.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

The cost is about rs 2/unit for purchase by distribution companies but becomes 10/unit when it reaches consumer. This 5 times multiplier is normal by world standard? I feel that this is the middle man story in here also. They need to be cut down for consumer to get a lower cost.
member_29172
BRFite

Post by member_29172 »

subhamoy.das wrote:The cost is about rs 2/unit for purchase by distribution companies but becomes 10/unit when it reaches consumer. This 5 times multiplier is normal by world standard? I feel that this is the middle man story in here also. They need to be cut down for consumer to get a lower cost.
Don't elect communists and jihadis in the next election, they are the one who influence costs in the first place. Plus rate of electricity is not uniform throughout the country. Depends on how much power the state can generate, it's ability to distribute said power without loss, preventing electricity theft, making sure the power companies are not inflating prices and so on. Given it's WB we are talking about, I am sure most of these have not been done sufficiently.

Also, where did you pull the 10/unit figure from?
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

durairaaj wrote:T The solar panel will not be generating electricity during evening, night and early morning. During this time efficiency is zero. The overall energy efficiency of solar cell per day close to 15 %. Thats what Gyan mentioned as 15% efficiency. i.e. 100 GW produced for 6 hours is equivalent 15 GW produced over an entire day. This is more like efficiency loss due to low capacity utilization factor and not related to the thermal efficiency.
That is what I wanted to say, apologies for an abrupt single liner.
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Of course you did! It's as easy as that to ride someone's coattails.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Gyan wrote:
durairaaj wrote:T The solar panel will not be generating electricity during evening, night and early morning. During this time efficiency is zero. The overall energy efficiency of solar cell per day close to 15 %. Thats what Gyan mentioned as 15% efficiency. i.e. 100 GW produced for 6 hours is equivalent 15 GW produced over an entire day. This is more like efficiency loss due to low capacity utilization factor and not related to the thermal efficiency.
If this is really what you wanted to say, you should go back to school and revisit Math 101, because your "15% efficiency" calculations are way off (as I already pointed out above). 100 GW produced for six hours out of 24 in no way translates to 15% efficiency.
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

Its 2010. INC is in power. The scene - Leighton Holdings, Syam Reddy the Hyderabadi fixer and NTPC.

Reddy targets the then power minister on behalf of Leighton.

NTPC eventually awards Leighton a AUD 6 billion coal contract. Syam promised AUD 2.2 billion over 20 years.(Fixing aka Feudal business model or Patronage Business model is more lucrative than innovating or making stuff).
CEO Bruce Munro "Mr Reddy sold to us that he would be able to steer us along the route of how government worked ... he was able to access the power minister just to put our case,"
Reddy claimed: "I paid 10 million Rupee to win this contract, do you think you'd have won it if I didn't".
Fast forward a few years, Leighton's contract is cancelled.

Don't upset saar Reddy. Moving to Don't you know who I am? I will show you like anything :-) ! model. Polis also in his pocket
"Reddy had used his influence in the local police force to have Thiess India chief executive Raman Srikanth arrested and thrown in jail. Srikanth had been annoying Reddy by ensuring Thiess management in Australia knew the true nature of the company's partner.

Reddy also had arrest warrants issued for Munro and launched legal action against Thiess for breach of contract. He would later lose this case in arbitration.
Last month, India's anti-corruption agency seized about $30 million worth of his assets in an unrelated bribery and money-laundering case.
Paisa pheko, public me aur public ka tamasha dekho

Read it all here - recommend some Biryani from Paradise as an accompaniment, preferably from Sharukh Khan table
member_29172
BRFite

Post by member_29172 »

Gyan wrote:

You can always use the edit button to correct yourself with a footnote indicating you screwed up.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Warming up to the idea of more power this summer
This summer, the power situation is likely to be comfortable as prices and demand might not shoot up. For one, there has been a notable uptick in renewable power supply in the past year, which means adequate availability of electricity during the summer months when demand usually peaks.

In the past three months, the cumulative average power demand has remained at 137,000-140,000 megawatt (Mw). Fluctuations in demand are likely to occur due to erratic weather conditions. Power experts rule out any possibility of grid snags. The current installed capacity in the country is 290,000 Mw running at a plant load factor of 60 per cent. With enough room to meet any surge in power demand, spot power prices are also likely to remain subdued. The average power price is expected to be around Rs 3 a unit.

In March, the average price was Rs 2.67 a unit. In April, the price discovered to date was Rs 3.4 a unit, compared to Rs 3.8 a unit in the same month last year. It was Rs 3.4 a unit in May 2015 and Rs 3.8 a unit in June 2015. The prevailing situation is 'discoms-friendly', according to an analyst, who tracks the sector. With transmission woes also being eased, the southern part of the country could be looking at a better summer this year. By next month, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu will have considerable wind power, which will further improve availability of electricity.
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

PowerGrid executes record Rs 30,300 cr projects in FY'16
The Power Grid Corporation of India (PowerGrid) has commissioned a record number of projects worth Rs 30,300 crore in the just-concluded fiscal, and also achieved a planned capex of Rs 22,500 crore.

“PowerGrid, a Navratna company under the Ministry of Power, commissioned transmission projects worth Rs 30,300 crore (unaudited) during 2015-16, which is the highest-ever commissioning achieved by the company in its history,” the Ministry of Power said in its statement.

The company achieved the planned capex of Rs 22,500 crore (provisional), and its highlights include establishment of two new international interconnections, one with Nepal and the other with Bangladesh, the ministry said.

The inter-connection with Nepal — Muzaffarpur (Bihar)-Dhalkebar (Nepal) transmission line — was jointly dedicated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Nepal, KP Sharma Oli via tele-inauguration, during the latter’s visit to India in February 2016.

The second inter-connection with Bangladesh — Surjyamaninagar (Tripura)-Comilla (Bangladesh) transmission line — was jointly dedicated by Modi and Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina through video-conferencing.

During 2015-16, tenders for transmission projects worth more than Rs 50,000 crore were released, setting a new benchmark for highest-ever tenders in a single year by the company,” the statement said.

During the year, the company also awarded contracts for 270 packages worth Rs 22,000 crore, and investment approvals for projects worth Rs 13,200 crore were undertaken.

For the nine months (April-December 2015), the company had reported a total income of Rs 15,320 crore, and posted a profit after tax of Rs 4,428 crore.

Solar Park in Karnataka
Separately, the PGCIL said its board also approved the investment proposals worth Rs 3,324 crore for various projects.

The proposal approved by the board includes powergrid works associated with common transmission system for phase II generation projects in Odisha at an estimated cost of Rs 844.64 crore, eastern region strengthening scheme at a cost of Rs 454.11 crore and transmission system for ultra mega solar power park at Tumakuru in Karnataka at an estimated cost of Rs 810.48 crore.
Inftrastructure bottlenecks are being released and investment is flowing!
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

'Our mission is one nation, one grid, one price': Power Minister promises 'transformational' improvements over next three years
The Modi government believes that it should achieve energy sufficiency for the next generation and is also confident of transformational changes in the coming three years.

This insight into the government was given by India’s Power Minister Piyush Goyal, who was speaking at the 2nd Mail Today Energy Conclave on Tuesday.

A mobile application to check power status across India, an impressive surge in the sale of energy-efficient LED bulbs, and a missionary zeal to turn around the energy sector. These have been some of the major achievements of the power minister.

Goyal spoke about the functioning of the Modi government in general and his ministry in particular.

He also said that the Narendra Modi government doesn’t sleep. It is working round-the-clock and is always on the phone converting calls into high-profile meetings where projects worth thousands of crores are finalised.

"This government works like an organic entity, as one team, as Team India. There is no discord between ministers and we work together. A day when Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu called, I was in a meeting with some officers including the power secretary. We converted the call into a meeting putting Prabhu on speaker and took a decision on a project worth Rs 35,000 crore and one which will save us billions and add billions to the electricity unit demands of the railways," said Goyal.

“Minutes of the meeting were recorded and later conveyed to the Railway ministry. This is how this government works,” the Union minister added.

Asked about his views on privatisation in the energy sector by India Today Group Chairman and Editor-in-Chief Aroon Purie, Goyal said reforms don't necessarily mean privatisation.

The tech-savvy minister highlighted that he was trying to achieve the target of uniform power rates across the country. People everywhere should be able to find out if power is available through the application Vidyut Pravah. It also gives the rates at which power is available on the grid.

“This is momentous! It is a delight to tell you all that as of this moment all of India has power at the same rate that is Rs 4.40,” Goyal said.

“This is our mission: One nation, one grid, and one price,” he said.

Goyal said bringing power to all was not just a target but a mission commitment as well.

“My father used to study under a street lamp, but that was before Independence. It is unfortunate and sad that even now someone has to do it after 70 years of Independence,” he said.

Goyal said his ministry was constantly monitoring how many villages were getting powered every day.

“People tell me when electricity reaches those places where people had never thought they would get power or where students thought kerosene was the best they could get, villagers celebrate as if it were Diwali,” said Goyal.

“Power has to be affordable as well as of quality. We are conscious of the environment, also of the fact that India must not become non-competitive in the world economy. We are conscious of the fact that village children who are talented should not forego opportunities due to absence of electricity,” he said.

Asked about politics forcing the unrealistic pricing of power, Goyal assured that his ministry was working in a completely transparent way to achieve all goals.

“I want to assure you that no politics will come in the way of our goals. Our entire programme is woven around the concept of efficiency. Hitherto the thrust was to raise tariff, but for the first time we are talking about decreasing tariff,” said the Union minister.

While taking questions, Goyal also dealt with calls for the privatisation of PSUs.

“Privatisation equals efficiency - this bogey needs to be buried. We are not averse to it, but we don't want to go the way previous regimes went. If needed then okay, but not when it is not needed,” Goyal said.

The power ministry would focus on hydro power in the coming days.

“The year 2016-17 is dedicated to hydro power. It got a push some 30-40 years ago, but in recent past it has been ignored due to huge challenges like local resistance and issues of land acquisition,” he said.

The minister claimed that the Uday scheme launched by the government will be the fulcrum of the power sector reforms and renewal.

“By 2019, the power sector will save nearly Rs 1.8 lakh crore annually.”
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

{Deleted}
Last edited by Suraj on 07 Apr 2016 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please move along.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/74YK2S ... arket.html
New Delhi: India’s plan to step up renewable energy capacity fourfold to 175 gigawatt (GW) by 2022 has attracted European geothermal energy producers to seek licences to set up generation plants that can harness untapped heat energy trapped under the earth.

Iceland, a major player in this sector, will seek licences to set up two power plants in India—a 5 megawatt (MW) plant at Pagu in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir and a 10 MW plant at Tattapani in Chhattisgarh, said the visiting Iceland foreign minister Gunnar Bragi Sveinsson on Tuesday.

Geothermal power plants use steam from reservoirs of hot water found a few kilometres or more below the earth’s surface.

“Icelandic companies have the expertise and experience in harnessing geothermal energy. They are keen to have partnerships with Indian companies—private and state-owned—and invest in the Indian market,” he said.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Piyush Goyal promises electricity to all UP households by 2019
Union power, coal and new & renewable energy minister of state (independent charge) Piyush Goyal today reiterated the Centre was targetting to provide electricity to each household in Uttar Pradesh by 2019.

He said while Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced that every household in India would be provided with electricity by 2022, the target for UP had been kept for 2019.

Addressing the media here, Goyal said the new central energy projects in UP had pledged to provide 85 percent of power to the state for greater power supply.

"There is no shortage of coal in any of the thermal power plants in India, including UP. We are ready to provide any help to the state government in meeting its energy needs," he added.

He claimed when the Modi government had come to power in May 2014, the rural power situation in UP was quite bad.

"During 2012-13, only three revenue villages had been electrified in UP, while in 2013-14, no village was electrified," he claimed adding the Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) stepped into action and as a result, during 2014-15 and 2015-16, 1,364 villages had been electrified in the state.

This was achieved through sustained monitoring, review and ground work at the village level and coordinating with the state government agencies, Goyal quipped.

He further informed the Centre had sanctioned energy projects worth Rs 5,651 crore to the state. The progress of ongoing electrification process on real time basis can be tracked by users and stakeholders on GARV mobile app.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone for India's biggest power plant.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone for a power plant of Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (PVUNL), a joint venture company of National Thermal Power Corporation and Jharkhand government, on April 24.

The PM will be laying the foundation stone for a 4000MW unit, the first phase of the 8000MW project, PVUNL General Manager B Narayan told PTI here.

Jharkhand government had in 2014 handed over assets of the Patratu Thermal Power Station to the joint venture company for setting up the 8000MW capacity plant, which was stated to be India's biggest.

Altogether, 1,200 acres of land has been transferred to the JV company for setting up the 4000MW power plant in phase-1 while 600 more acres would be transferred in the future, said Rahul Purvar, Managing Director, Jharkhand Bijali Vitran Nigam Limited.

The state government owns 6,500 acres of land in Patratu.

From the power generated by the the plant, Jharkhand will get 85 per cent and the rest would go to other states.