Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Post by Falijee »

Group claiming Pakistan ‘support’ hacked seven Indian embassy websites :roll:
NEW DELHI (Web Desk) – Seven Indian embassy websites have been hacked by a group who purportedly support Pakistan, according to The New Indian Express.
More likely the "work" of the IT (International Terrorism) Squad Of ISI :mrgreen:
Missions in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Bucharest, Romania, as well as Dushanbe, Tajikistan and South Africa’s Pretoria, were also defaced by the hackers referring to themselves as “Romantic” and “Intruder”.
The text defacing the sites of Dushanbe, Ankara, and Athens read brief, jarring phrases such as “Don’t Be Panic”, “We Rock and U Shock”, “Pakistan Zindabad”, and “Feel the Power of Pakistan”.
The following sites have been hacked:

Embassy of India in Ankara, Turkey
Embassy of India in Athens ,Greece
Embassy of India to Mexico
Consulate General of India, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Embassy of India in Bucharest , Romania
Embassy of India Dushanbe , Tajikstan
High Commission of India, Pretoria, South Africa
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

shiv wrote:My prediction - there will be no more coups.

The army is under attack from ISIS and TTP and the "government" is a fig leaf that they army uses to escape blame. A direct war against the army will start is there is a coup.
..entering page 71 of this thread
There's no need for a coup anyway. TSPA enjoys all the benefits of the power sans accountability. They control nukes, foreign policy and security completely as well as having established no go areas in the domains of trade and economy (fauji foundation), agriculture (fauji farms) and take what they want from the budget.

The civvies are left with the residual stuff that carries little power and is doomed to failure and attracts disproportionate share of criticism in the convoluted Paky national psyche- bijli, sadak, paani, miscellaneous infrastructure, corruption.

This is a quintessential having your cake and eating it too, so why upset the applecart?

As you said, the only thing that will bring down this set up is a direct war on TSPA.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Wanted in U.S. and India, Pakistani Islamist Hafiz Saeed criticises U.S. as envoy visits
Hafiz Saeed, a Pakistani Islamist with a $10 million U.S. bounty on his head, led prayers at a mosque in Islamabad on Friday and called on his country's military to shoot down any American drones entering Pakistani territory.
The anti-U.S. rhetoric came as the U.S. special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan visited Islamabad for the first time since last month's killing of Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour in a drone strike in western Pakistan.
He makes his home in La-Whore so it cannot be ruled out that this dramabaazi was deliberately staged with the help of the Deep State :shock:
U.S. and Pakistan relations have been strained by the strike, which Islamabad has protested against as a violation of its sovereignty.
Friday's public appearance by Saeed, whom the U.S. and India accuse of masterminding a 2008 attack on India's financial capital Mumbai that killed 166 people, was another reminder of the many sore points in the Pakistani-U.S. relationship.
The United States has offered $10 million for information leading to Saeed's arrest and conviction, but he remains free.
He maintains a low profile ( in case he is being watched by the Amreeki "eye in the sky" :mrgreen: )for much of the time, meaning his occasional public appearances and pronouncements are closely watched.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

US can even ‘drone’ Pakistani parliament -Mustafa Mehmood PPP MNA :mrgreen:

The US should wait and do the needful (i.e drone ) only when Hafiz- Saeed is scheduled to address a joint session of the Paki National Assembly And The Senate, where the COAS is the Chief Guest :mrgreen:
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Why do we always have Muslims as Ambassador to Saudi Arabia? Why not pick anyone else? Why do we feed their crazy religious chauvinism?
I hope Modi Govt picks a Hindu for the next time a change is to be made.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

It is not an easy task to live in saudi barbaria, muslims might find it easier to adjust to the culture.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

KJo wrote:Why do we always have Muslims as Ambassador to Saudi Arabia? Why not pick anyone else? Why do we feed their crazy religious chauvinism?
The question that comes to mind is that in sending a Muslim are we selecting a Sunni Indian for the job as opposed to a Shia? That would be doubly pathetic - like "rejervation candidate"
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

If Pakistan can send its jihadi terrorists in a decapitating attack on the Indian Parliament, the US drone attack on the National Assembly when it is in full session would be eminently justified. After all, they are attacking the terrorist den when a meeting os on-going. The Americans are not attacking innocent civilians, are they?
Malayappan
BRFite

Post by Malayappan »

KJo wrote:Why do we always have Muslims as Ambassador to Saudi Arabia? Why not pick anyone else? Why do we feed their crazy religious chauvinism?
One reason I have heard - Just Practical - Haj Services. So many Indians visit Makka for Haj, and they are not allowed to travel anywhere else. Invariably things go wrong with some, Consular services and sometimes higher level visits may be required. A non- Muslim CG, Jeddah or Ambassador, Riyadh will not be able to visit Makka and Medina. So it is just helpful to have one around.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Malayappan wrote:
One reason I have heard - Just Practical - Haj Services. So many Indians visit Makka for Haj, and they are not allowed to travel anywhere else. Invariably things go wrong with some, Consular services and sometimes higher level visits may be required. A non- Muslim CG, Jeddah or Ambassador, Riyadh will not be able to visit Makka and Medina. So it is just helpful to have one around.
Beautiful excuse to be dhimmis such as only Indian diplomacy can conjure up. "My neighbour likes my wife so I will stay out of the house for days on end so he is not inconvenienced"
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Al Hamdu Ishwara! In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Leader of Mohammadden political party Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) dressed and bewhiskered in pious haute Mohammadden style verbally abuses woman on camera and reportedly also attempts to physically assault her. The woman in concern is Marvi Sirmed.

Mullah Diesel ko kush hua?

Hindi speakers may want to check out the embedded video. Translation of choice bits where insults fly is appreciated:

JUI-F leader allegedly assaults woman rights activist on TV show leader allegedly assaults woman rights activist on TV show
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Malayappan wrote:One reason I have heard - Just Practical - Haj Services. So many Indians visit Makka for Haj, and they are not allowed to travel anywhere else. Invariably things go wrong with some, Consular services and sometimes higher level visits may be required. A non- Muslim CG, Jeddah or Ambassador, Riyadh will not be able to visit Makka and Medina. So it is just helpful to have one around.
Hasn't stopped most other countries from posting non-muslim diplomats to the Kingdom. I concur with Hakeemji that the Saudi ambassador posting has become de facto aarakshit.

A quick glance at the officers at the Riyadh embassy

http://www.indianembassy.org.sa/Content ... 97&PID=681

and the Jeddah consulate

http://cgijeddah.mkcl.org/Content.aspx?ID=885&PID=733

show a different profile for other postings. It's these mid-to-lower level folks that will be in charge of the "field trips" rather than the ambassador, should it be necessary.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Tilak Devasher, retired Special Secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat of our Government {Meaning RAW?} on the paranoia that the trilateral Agreement between India, Iran and Afghanistan regards development of Chabahar Port has raised in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Excerpt:
Basking in the glow of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) which Pakistan hopes would transform its economy, the possible development of another port, in close proximity to Gwadar, the lynchpin of the CPEC, has jarred its reverie and raised fears of encirclement.

The dominant reaction in Pakistan is that of the military, articulated by retired generals and TV anchors known to be close to it. They see the development of Chabahar Port as posing a threat to the development of Gwadar and CPEC.
Pakistan has itself to blame for feeling insecure, isolated and side-lined. For one thing, it was Pakistan's reluctance to provide India land-access to Afghanistan and onward to Central Asia that made India seek alternatives. For another, by not completing its part of Iran-Pakistan pipeline, despite solemn commitment to do so, it has irritated Iran at a time when Iran is being 'mainstreamed'.
Concluding excerpt:
Three of its four neighbours have come to an agreement essentially because Pakistan has proved itself to be the spoiler rather than a facilitator for regional trade. The danger is that the fourth neighbour, China, may well see Chabahar as a viable option if Pakistan does not get its act together in the future. After all, the first cargo train from China has already arrived in Tehran.
From here:

Chabahar port: Pakistan has only itself to blame for its isolation
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In response to question by a journalist from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, US State Department Spokesperson Mark Toner points out the need for “steps by Pakistan to ensure that its territory is not used to plan attacks in India and that Pakistan takes steps to address or to go after, I think, all the terrorist groups that are currently using its territory.”

Moving on from Cross Border Mohammadden Terrorism fomented by the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s bid to join the Nuclear Supplier Group (NSG), Mark Toner seems to indicate that there is NSG member backing to keep the Islamic Republic out:
State Department Briefing for Foreign Media
Mark C. Toner
Deputy Department Spokesperson
Washington, DC
June 9, 2016 ………………………………………..

QUESTION: Thank you, sir. This is Jahanzaib Ali from ARY News TV, Pakistan.

MR TONER: Yeah.

QUESTION: Sir, at many occasions, United States has said that it will always encourage the good and friendly relations between Pakistan and India. But few decisions now by United States is firing up the already-tense atmosphere between the two countries. I’m talking about the NSG, the Nuclear Suppliers Group. As you know, United States announced its support for India to get it into the NSG. So you told me like couple of weeks ago that it is about the peaceful nuclear technology. But despite knowing the energy – worst-ever energy crisis in Pakistan, United States is not ready to get Pakistan into the NSG, but it’s supporting India. What is the reason, sir?

MR TONER: So first of all, you asked about Indian and Pakistan – Pakistani relations. And certainly that was one of the discussions, frankly, that was raised at the – or one of the issues, frankly, that was raised in discussions with Prime Minister Modi. They talked about a wide range of regional issues, in fact. Our bilateral relations with India and Pakistan are separate and stand on their own merits, and so I don’t think we – it’s not prudent for us to view our security cooperation in the region in kind of a zero-sum game – or zero-sum terms, rather. I think it’s important that – and it’s important for the countries of the region that they all have constructive security relationships with each other. And that’s Pakistan, that’s India, and it’s also Afghanistan.

We believe that Pakistan and India stand to benefit from practical cooperation and encourage, as you know, direct dialogue aimed at increasing cooperation and reducing tensions. And that includes steps by Pakistan to ensure that its territory is not used to plan attacks in India and that Pakistan takes steps to address or to go after, I think, all the terrorist groups that are currently using its territory. And that continues to be an area of collaboration and cooperation that we pursue with Pakistan is its counterterrorism operations.

You asked about --

QUESTION: Nuclear Suppliers Group.

MR TONER: Yeah. I mean, that’s a collective decision reached by the members of the group. I know that – excuse me – as you noted, India is also pursuing membership into the Nuclear Suppliers Group, but certainly, if Pakistan wants to pursue that, that’s something for all the members of the Nuclear Suppliers Group to consider.
From US State department website:

State Department Briefing for Foreign Media
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... igion.html
Christian ice-cream salesman is tortured by 20-strong Muslim mob in Pakistan because his food was deemed 'unclean for children' due to his religion.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Malayappan wrote:
All the more reason to send a pakka Hindu baniya ambassador to Saudi Barbaria. Every wannabe Indian Arap who wants to go prostrate at the big black pagan stone must be told that he is on his own. If anything goes wrong, they will anyway attain jannat since they will die in the land of the brobhet. Their bodies will be hauled by tractors & bulldozers of the holy land. What can be a more glorious death for an Indian wannabe arap, I ask?
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1264060
Remittances growth slows to 5.6pc
Reports indicate that India has captured Gulf markets, particularly in the segments of high-tech and high-salaried jobs.
Media reports also suggest that most of low-level jobs would be abolished for foreigners in Saudi Arabia, which would hit Pakistanis.
:(( :(( :rotfl: :rotfl:
member_29350
BRFite

Post by member_29350 »

Reports indicate that India has captured Gulf markets, particularly in the segments of high-tech and high-salaried jobs.
Media reports also suggest that most of low-level jobs would be abolished for foreigners in Saudi Arabia, which would hit Pakistanis.
:(( :(( :rotfl: :rotfl:[/quote]

Every page on the paper has got one or the comparison with India. Even our worst newspapers don't do that level of neighbour envy or even notice what's happening over the border.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

"Faithfool" Protest Creeping Commercialization Of Malsi In Pakiland :roll:

Commercialization of Ramadan
In 2004, I saw a signboard in Karachi that was utterly ludicrous. The “Central Jail” sign on the main gate of city’s prison had a logo of a renowned fizzy drink next to it. “Wow! Even the gallows are getting sponsored”, I said to myself but never pondered much on what was to follow.
Central Jail in Pakistan
Pepsi proudly presents Central Jail Sukkur, Pakistan
It wasn’t till many similar signboards went up that I realized that this was a symptom of a disease that was to afflict every sphere of the society across the whole of Pakistan. It was the beginning of untrammelled commercialization.
The flip side of "Ummahhood" that the Paki public is now beginning to discover :mrgreen:
The trend had started with sponsored neon signs on cafés and grocery stores, which made business sense. However it slowly spread to hospitals, police stations, state institutions and also bizarrely to graveyards. More or less every sign became nestled between the emblems of products being sold by multinational corporations.
Malsi at the service of "bijness"; similar to the situation in the 80's when Zia jumped on the bandwagon to "offer his services" to Massa to "contain Russian Communism" in Afghanistan with disastrous consequences :mrgreen:
With the passage of time, billboards of epic proportions started dotting the cityscape. They occupied almost every public spot, pavement and roof of low rise buildings. Nonetheless one would have never envisaged this marketing contagion to infect what the country holds dearest, its religion.
Today urban Pakistan is a society where religious impetus is the biggest marketing vehicle used by most businesses. And it is sadly the holy month of Ramadan that offers a windfall in sales. There has been a transformation of culture that has seen the month of reflection turn into a month of consumption.
The situation is not dissimilar to today's Saudia where Islamic historic sites (masjids, cemeteries, etc ) are being demolished in Makkah to make way for high rise hotels and modern shopping malls ! And after all, in matters of Malsi, Saudia is the torch bearer for the Pakis
The cultural shift has moved people’s interest from spiritual cleansing and abstinence to shopping and eating to their hearts content. Pick up any newspaper in Ramadan and it’s full of adverts of numerous eateries. A gluttony galore is on the offer, with a race for numbers (most dishes in the buffet for the lowest price). But this sadly is not the most despicable of ironies. It is the tale of commercial concerns shaping our morality that is more repugnant. Pedalled by them are messages that re-iterate the question, what would make our Ramadan experience special? And sadly the answer provided has nothing to do with striving for piety or spirituality.
Again following the "Dubai example of conspicuous consumption "!
Cell phone packages are sold with hadith text bundles. Cooking oil commercials run the adhan (call to prayer) in the background. Posters of electronic gadgets feature Islamic symbols... And the list goes on and on
The greatest harvester of this boon is Aamir Liaquat Hussain, a televangelist who feels that this new consumerist paradigm is a win-win situation. His highly sponsored gameshow (so "bijness" knows where its bread is buttered :mrgreen: )runs several hours a day in Ramadan in which the audience are showered with gifts.
On his TV show, every now and then Mr Liaquat toys with the emotions of the audience (who are generally from a poor background), (ditto for "political actors" of Pakiland !) stripping them of their dignity for amusement and show ratings. He is sadly not the only one. Every major television network in Pakistan has followed suit in telecasting similar programs.
This new culture is a far cry from the culture a decade ago. Ramadan used to be a quiet affair. Most business would close by 3:00 pm ...
Today Ramadan marks the start of 30 days of festivity that includes rewarding your body with special treats every day and shopping for Eid.
A wise man once said regarding fasting, “When you fast your body becomes your soul and when you eat your soul becomes your body”. It is sad to see that contrary to the message of Ramadan, today many Muslims gain weight instead of losing it. Let’s hope we wake up before the spirit of Ramadan is completely slaughtered on the altars of consumerism.

Globalization and consumerism is here to stay! Malsi in Pakiland is being "molded" and it may no longer be a "glue" holding them together ; Pious Pakis better get used to it :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

"Love Marraige" Not Allowed In "Paki Culture "?
Lahore couple murdered by family in 'honour killing'
LAHORE:
A 17-year-old girl, her husband and another man were shot and killed by her father following an argument early on Friday morning.
Kahna police investigation officer Mehdi Kazmi said the deceased girl and her husband were residents of Abdullah Pura. The third man was as her parent’s neighbour who had apparently facilitated the marriage.
Kazmi said the suspect, identified as Ashraf, had been taken into custody. He said he had admitted his guilt during investigation. He had told the police that he and his wife had disapproved of their daughter’s marriage.
The FIR registered on a complaint filed by a relative of the third deceased stated that the couple had gotten married a year ago against the wishes of the girl’s parents. It said she was the third wife of the man.
Speaking to media, the deceased girl’s mother said that their relations with her and her husband had not been good from the day they got married a year ago. She said there would be a heated argument between her husband and Ashraf whenever the couple visited them over the last year.
She said there had been a heated argument between the two men on Friday night as well. The couple and their two-month-old baby had come to spend the night with them, she said. She said soon the argument ended and everybody went to bed. However, she said, there was another quarrel between the two men at sehr time. She said as the argument continued Ashraf took out a gun and fired several shots at his daughter and her husband. Then, he rushed out of the house and called out their next door neighbour. When the neighbour came out, the suspect opened fire at him for his role in the couple’s marriage.
The injured were shifted to a nearby hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.
Their bodies were sent to a morgue for an autopsy.
On Wednesday, another girl had been burnt to death in Factory Area allegedly by her mother and a brother for marrying at will.
*Names have not been disclosed to protect the identities of the deceased
Could not the culprit waited after for the "holy-sholy month of Ramzan" to be over to do his "dirty deed" ; just wondering !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Man shoots girl for turning down marriage proposal in Lahore

As predicted by a world famous author, in his best -seller book on Islamic Civilization , Pakistanis are reverting back to "Frontier Justice" following breakdown of Law and Order upon the collapse of the British based Justice System and the Introduction Of Islamic System Of Punishment by the Late Dictator Zia !

Related ! Falls in the "same category " therefore posted "side by side" :

Tortured child maid rescued from MNA house
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

All Opposition Parties Attack Paki Budget
NA opposition asks: How will PM family’s investment abroad bring in money? :roll:
ISLAMABAD: Initiating a debate on the budget 2016-2017 in the National Assembly on Friday, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) member Abdus Sattar Bachani asked how foreign investment would flow into Pakistan when Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif’s family members were keeping their assets abroad. Meantime, the quorum problem continued to hinder the proceedings for the fifth consecutive day on Friday.( "The Kabab mae haddi "syndrome ? :mrgreen: )
At the outset, the PTI members pointed out the lack of quorum when only 59 members were present in the House. The proceedings were suspended for over 45 minutes till the completion of the quorum.Dr. Shireen Mazari of PTI, on a point of order, again sought an apology from the Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif.( The "famous" Tractor -Trolley "case" !)The minister, however, remained unmoved and refrained from indulging in any discussion on the issue anymore.( Silence is Golden !)
Mazari also questioned as to what had happened to the privilege motion that had been submitted against Khawaja Asif. The speaker said a written reply from Khawaja Asif was awaited. “You will be informed as soon as the reply is received,” he said.When she insisted on the time frame, Ayaz Sadiq said it was expected during the ongoing financial year.
She has displayed "her manliness" on more than one such occasions in the past as well ! She also "wears the pants" in Immy's PTI :mrgreen:
Dr. Mazari also came down hard on the PML-N women parliamentarians saying that they did not support her ( on the "order" of Ganja's "hair" heir apparent !)during the whole episode.
PTI’s Dr Muhammad Amjad Niazi said only 33 percent revenue of the total potential was being collected. :((
Abdul Wasim of MQM stressed the need for focusing on education and health.
He said 20 percent pay raise should be given to government employees and minimum wage should be fixed at Rs20,000. (Amount should be raised from the "compulsory" Zakat contribution !)
Dr Fauzia also suggested one percent reduction in the GST every year to bring it to 10 percent to give relief to the poor. :((
PS: This time, due to prior personal commitment in London (dinner at an Indian Restaurant ), the Hon. Nawaz Sharif, MNA from La-Whore and Leader Of The Ruling PML (Nawaz) Party, regrets to announce that he is unable to participate in the Budget Session via Video Link :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

" Sanctity Of Ramzan " Violated By Paki Bank !
Hacked! Faysal Bank customers get the most unbelievable shock of their lives during Ramazan
LAHORE (Web Desk) – Dozens of Faysal Bank’s customers have reportedly been robbed by unknown hackers who have withdrawn significant amount of money from their accounts.The bank’s customers were shocked earlier this week when they received SMS and email alerts about the withdrawal of money from their accounts without their use or knowledge, the ProPakistani reported.
This is the not the first time the customers of Faysal Bank Limited came under skimming attacks. Similar cases were reported back in December 2015 by customers, who were clueless when their money was stolen and transferred from their accounts to some unknown place, according to the website.The bank’s management said it was trying its level best to prevent such attacks but met failure when hackers from different countries acquired customers’ details and transferred their money from their accounts to their own kitty.
So an attempt is being made here to shift the blame on Kafir countries ! Hidden Hand Of RAA ?
While the bank failed to recover the money, it had to compensate customers within 40 days from its own profits, according to a senior banker at Faysal Bank Limited.Usually such skimming attacks cost hundreds of thousands of rupees to the bank in my region. But the bank officials fear this time, the amount could be millions considering the number of victims across the country. (At, that too, in the "Holy" Month of Ramzan !)Moreover, the recovery process for the money in a case of hacking is laborious as bankers doubt the victims in the initial stages.
The "special" reputation for which the Paki "quom" are "famous" all over the world :mrgreen:
“We do compensate every customer who becomes victim of such incident. We investigate the matter and refund the money although the terms and conditions signed by customer with bank do not guarantee repayment of such loss of money,” a senior banker told ProPakistani.pk. :roll:
In other words, "sifarish" alongwith with your application will guarantee a modicum of success!
Faysal Bank Limited is a mid-tier bank with increasing number of customers using plastic money (credit and debit cards).
Does it have enough reserve capital in the first place ?
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

^^^
Does it have enough reserve capital in the first place ?
With CPEC, there is $46B!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

THIS "GEM" IS FROM THE "DAILY TIMES" OF SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2016 !

China welcomes Pakistan’s entry into SCO :roll:
Congratulations in advance ?

BEIJING: Chinese President Xi Jinping said here on Friday that Beijing welcomes Pakistan's upcoming entry into the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
Xi made the remarks when meeting with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines of the 15th SCO summit, (But Ganja Sharif, I thought was "sick" in London :shock: )which is set to start procedures for granting India and Pakistan full membership.[/quote][quote]For his part, Sharif thanked China for its tremendous support and help to Pakistan, saying that his country treasures its relations with China.
Noting that the two sides made a series of important consensuses during Xi's visit, he said Pakistan is "willing to make joint efforts with China to implement those agreements."
Pakistan, he said, supports China's Belt and Road Initiative, as well as the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and the Silk Road Fund, and will vigorously participate in relevant cooperation.
Pakistan and China share common interests in maintaining regional security, said Sharif, adding that Pakistan will work together with China to safeguard regional security and push forward the Afghan peace process.
Pakistan is also willing to carry out close cooperation and coordination with China within the SCO framework, said the Pakistani prime minister. (from London ?)
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Ummah Brother Turkee To The Rescue Of Pakistan !
Turkey alongwith China stands with Pakistan against India in NSG Meeting
VIENNA: Nuclear Supplier Group (NSG ) preliminary meeting was held in Vienna on Thursday June 9, 2016.
The issue of Indian inclusion in the group came under consideration in the meeting.
The final session would be held in Seoul South Korea from Junea 20-24.
China openly opposed Indian inclusion in the Nuclear Supplier Group and made it conditional with the inclusion of Pakistan in the NSG Group.
China said that if India had to be included in the group then Pakistan should also be included in the group otherwise China will oppose the unilateral inclusion of India in the NSG.
As per the Indian media reports other than China, Turkey, Ireland, Australia and South Africa also opposed Indian inclusion in the NSG group. :roll:
Another important aspect is that the member countries must be signatory to the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty NPT.
All existing 48 members of the elite NSG group are NPT signatories. However both Pakistan and India are although nuclear states but have still not signed NPT.
This is one of the main reason the member countries are adopting to block the entry of India in the NSG group as group members are not ready to waive off this condition for any state.
It is pertinent to mention here that United States Secretary of the State John Kerry had written a letter to the NSG members urging them to include India in the NSG.
However with China standing tall against the Indian aspirations along with Turkey and other above mentioned countries India will not be able to get the membership of the NSG. :P
The consent of all NSG members is must for the inclusion of any new member into the group.
However another important aspect is that if India gets the membership of NSG earlier than Pakistan then India would be able to block Pakistan’s entry into the NSG. (the dreaded Indian "Veto?")
Pakistan has also applied for the membership of the NSG and has started lobbying for the membership of the elite panel.
The final decision in this regard would be taken in the Seoul meeting on June 20-24.
The Islamic :mrgreen: Replubic Of Turkey, though not officially "Green" has recently started to show it's Islamic Fangs ever since Erdogan (who was yesterday denied permission to speak at Ali's funeral in US!) assumed power and has been in the forefront of going "all out" to support the Brotherly Nation Of Pakistan . Recent examples of such support:
- Offered to upgrade, service Paki Air Force Aeroplanes
- Recalled Ambassador from Bangla-Desh in "solidarity" with Pakistan
- Invited "Ganja Sharif" to be a witness (and Ganja accepted, as cannot "miss out" on good food ) to his daughter's wedding in Turkee
- Offered good wishes for Ganja's speedy recovery from heart surgery
- Hosted Bad Sharif on his recent ("begging") trip to Turkee

So Pakis are riding on the coat tails of China for "salvaging" their damaged H&D :mrgreen:
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

Raheel Sharief is due to retire in November.

The time to retire democracy is right now. Any extension to Ganja Sharief till november could make Raheel vulnerable to problems with crore commandoes.
So, if Raheel is the man, he will be capturing Isloo in the next 40 days max.

Might as well stock up on beer and popcorn. Allah knows best. 8)
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Prince Charles calls on PM Nawaz Sharif in London- Part I
ISLAMABAD: Prince Charles ( did not know that "Charles" was a fan of Ganja Sharif !) called on PM Nawaz here at today at residence of PM Nawaz in London and expressed his well wishes for his early recovery.
As per details, Prince Charles visited PM Nawaz residence in London and inquired about his health while he also conveyed message of Queen Elizabeth of well wishes for his speedy recovery.
Prince Charles also brought honey for PM Nawaz and presented him as gift saying that it would be helpful for his fast recovery.
Was The Prince served Lassi (made from Punjabi Doodh imported from Raiwand Estate in return ?)
On the other hand, Maryam Nawaz said in her tweet message that His Royal Highness Prince Charles visited PM Sharif and inquired after him. He said he came as a friend and conveyed best wishes from Queen. (So messages going back and forth between the hair heir apparent and Ganja's minions -by modern (i.e. Western and therefore "infidel" ) technology)

Maryam added that Prince Charles brought for the PM honey from the gardens of Clarence House. Saying it will help him recover fast as Pakistan needs him.
Hope that the Honey is Halal !

Maryam further stated that PM Nawaz thanked Prince Charles for the honey and told him that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said honey has healing properties. :roll:
So Ganja Sharif is restricted to Ghar Kaa Khana ; no outings to Fine Dining Italian and/ or Indian Restaurants ! Hope for the sake of his health , he does not secretly indulge in take-out Haleem or Nihari !

PS: Is Ganja Sharif, in this case, "required" to keep Ramzan Rozas according to the Hadith or the Book ?

Prince Charles meets PM Nawaz, congratulates him on successful heart surgery- Part II (Sharif Jr. And Ganja's Minions' In The Pic !)
Last edited by Falijee on 12 Jun 2016 01:59, edited 2 times in total.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

ADB and AIIB approve $10 crore loan for M4 Motorway Project Pakistan

So add $ 100 Million more to the List of Creditors. (Hope they get their money back :mrgreen: )
Motorways are being built left and right as if there is no tomorrow :mrgreen:
As said before, someone in the inner circle of Ganja's (and clever brother's ) Govt is making a lot of "commission money" :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Fauj Enlists Mullah Brigade In Propaganda War Against US

USA wants to make India as “regional SHO”: Siraj ul Haq Of J.I.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

TV Verbal Brawl : Angry Paki Bearded Vs. Angry Paki Fair Sex Provides "Good Entertainment " For Aam Abduls And Aam Ayeshas !

JUI-F leader Hafiz Hamdullah abuses Marvi Sirmed on live TV show
KARACHI (Web Desk) – Hafiz Hamdullah of the JUI-F began a verbal jousting match with human rights activist Marvi Sirmed in a talk show last night, triggering an outcry on social media.
Marvi Sirmed, Hafiz Hamdullah, Fayyaz Ul Hassan Chohan of Pakistan Tehrek-e-Insaf and Barrister Masroor were panelists in a show debating women rights and the recent gruesome burnings of women.
Barrister Masroor used the words ‘pee k soey hue hain’ (sleeping after getting intoxicated) for the CII chairman and his fellow JUI-F member Maulana Sherani. Hamdullah was of the view that Barrister Masroor should not have said this :roll: .
When Marvi Sirmed supported the stance of Barrister Masroor, Hafiz Hamdullah got angry at the activist and kept on interrupting her afterwards. Eventually, he resorted to a string of abuses which were omitted by NewsOne.
Marvi Sirmed in a facebook post accused Hamdullah of attacking her physically.
PTI’s Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan and Barrister Masroor supported Sirmed’s claim on social media. After the clip went viral, social media slammed the attitude of the senator and termed it unethical.
This is not the first time Senator Hamdullah has used abusive language against a woman on TV. Earlier, he verbally abused television anchor on another issue related to women.
"Chief" Women Activist And Heir -In- Waiting , Maryam Sharif was unable to attend the TV debate due to other "urgent" pre-occupations :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

** Useless Post Deleted **

This thread is not a dumping place for all the news appearing in Dawn, Daily Times etc. Mundane news items clutter the space. Warning issued.

*Admin*
Last edited by SSridhar on 12 Jun 2016 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post irrelevant
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Panama Papers help army gain upper hand over Sharif - Sameer Arshad, ToI
For long, Sheikh Rashid Ahmed was part of PM Nawaz Sharif's inner circle. Ahmed gravitated toward Sharif after starting his career as a student politician overcoming his humble origin unlike the norm in Pakistan's elitist political culture. Their common Kashmiri ancestry too bonded them.

Kashmiris have dominated Sharif's clique and most of his top ministers belong to this biradiri. Sharif and Ahmed's friendship was intense and their animosity has been the same since they parted ways in 1999. Ahmed is now the lone MP of his party, Awami Muslim League, but wields disproportionate influence as a rating-generating primetime TV regular. A powerful orator, he boasts of being an one-man 'aam admi' opposition leader.

Ahmed is known for his proximity to the military establishment and often echoes its views, albeit with embellishments. He uses his primetime space to target mostly Sharif and his coterie.

Defence minister Khawaja Asif is the main target of his barbs. Ahmed often cites army chief Raheel Sharif's frequent meetings with defence ministers of different countries, but points out the General's snubbing of Asif, who had once earned the army's ire for assailing it in parliament. On one of the primetime TV shows, Ahmed rubbed it in, claiming he had met Gen Raheel once and asked him why he snubs Asif. When Asif had a rare meeting with the General on Tuesday along with his colleagues, opposition senator Aitzaz Ahsan insisted that they were summoned to the army headquarters and "sat like schoolchildren" there.

The meeting coincided with Sharif's recuperation in London after a surgery, which cynics believe was "necessitated" by the Panama Papers leak that revealed the Sharifs' ownership of offshore firms.

The revelation has allowed the establishment to further tighten screws on Sharif and the meeting was seen as a reflection of this. Sharif seems to have overcome the fresh crisis but it has undermined his authority further.

The army, in any case, enjoys levers of power while the General outshines Sharif in terms of popularity, largely due to a perceptible improvement in the security situation. It was recently reported to have been upset over Sharif administration's silence over the arrest of an alleged Indian spy before the Panama leak gave it a clear upper hand. Sharif has lost power twice following his confrontations with the army, forcing him to be more accommodative this time.

The establishment has consequently been getting a greater say in key areas like security and foreign policy as Sharif has bargained his way out of one crisis after another.

Whatever resistance Sharif showed diminished when Imran Khan's sit-in over poll fraud threatened to bring his government down in 2014. The army refused to play ball and tightened its control in return. This was reflected in Lt General Nasser Khan Janjua's appointed as the national security adviser in October to ensure the establishment had its man in the thick of engagements with India.

Sharif was forced to replace his loyalist, Sartaj Aziz, with Janjua after the establishment was livid over Kashmir's exclusion from the statement following his meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Russia in July 2015. Janjua's appointment was seen as an attempt to keep Sharif on a tight leash.

Yet Sharif showed his adventurous streak again when he hosted Modi in Lahore, reportedly without informing the establishment. The meeting between the two was scheduled in a manner that Janjua could not make it. Sharif had lost power after hosting another Indian leader in Lahore in 1999. He may finally be convinced to go slow for his own survival amid India's unrelenting stand and the establishment's hammering that it takes two to tango.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

^^^
To jog your memories, this fella Sheikh Rashid Ahmed used to run a JKLF terror training camp called "Freedom House" which trained thousands of jihadis. Yasin Malik spilled the beans while he was attending a meeting with (then Paki PM) shortcut Aziz and Sheikh Rashid Ahmed (who was the information minister to Kammandu at that time). Apparently fella owns a place called "Lal Haveli" and hundreds of acres of land (which by the way was illegally given to him by the TFTAs possibly for terror camp purposes and to buy him) which used to host who's who of JK terrorism.

India denied him a visa when he wanted to visit India. Interestingly he was caught and interrogated in Houston Airport for links to LeT. His phones were taken, numbers copied (and possibly bugged while they were at it). He was eventually released after Sherry (then ambassador to US), pulled a few strings.

As karma would have it, he supported Kammandu's operation in Lal Masjid and tribal areas and was rewarded by shooting attack, when his bodyguards were killed.

The fellow is a big terrorist. It is open secret he ran (and possibly runs) training camps. Yet people still wonder "Is Pakistan officially involved in terrorism?"
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anujan wrote:^^^
The fellow is a big terrorist. It is open secret he ran (and possibly runs) training camps. Yet people still wonder "Is Pakistan officially involved in terrorism?"
Indeed, he has been and most certainly continues to be.

Sheikh Rashid Ahmed was given hundreds of acres by the government for `training’ Kashmiris. The JKLF's Yasin Malik admitted that when the armed struggle in Kashmir was raging Sheikh Rashid set up a camp for training armed militants. Later, a PPP spokesman said that in 1989 the PPP Government learnt that the ISI, without clearance from the government, had given to the then opposition member Sheikh Rashid hundreds of acres of prime land in the suburban areas of the federal capital for support to the Kashmiri groups. Sheikh Rashid Ahmed denied Yasin Malik's statement However, his bluff was called when former Interior Minister Maj. Gen. Naseerullah Babar said Sheikh Rashid was not speaking the truth in denying the “assertion” by Mr. Malik. Babar said that in 1989, Mr. Rashid had confessed to running a training-cum-refugee camp for the Kashmiris at Tarnol near Islamabad. Mr. Rashid’s press statement was on record, which was not denied to this day, he said.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Anujan wrote:^^^
To jog your memories, this fella Sheikh Rashid Ahmed used to run a JKLF terror training camp called "Freedom House" which trained thousands of jihadis. Yasin Malik spilled the beans while he was attending a meeting with (then Paki PM) shortcut Aziz and Sheikh Rashid Ahmed (who was the information minister to Kammandu at that time). Apparently fella owns a place called "Lal Haveli" and hundreds of acres of land (which by the way was illegally given to him by the TFTAs possibly for terror camp purposes and to buy him) which used to host who's who of JK terrorism.I"
This was build buy a rich Hindu family who left for India and this Poakroach famliy took over the place.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Anujan wrote:The fellow is a big terrorist. It is open secret he ran (and possibly runs) training camps. Yet people still wonder "Is Pakistan officially involved in terrorism?"
Yet this scum was given a visa for the match in Kolkata recently.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pak-India Relations - Edit, DT
The United States has called India and Pakistan to pursue closer ties, particularly on the security front to counter the threat of terrorism. The statement by the US state department spokesperson comes after Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s three-day working visit to the US. The statement read that United States needs to seek closer ties between the two countries. The issue of Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) membership has been at the forefront of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit. The US-India relations seemed to have reached a new high with Prime Minister Modi addressing the US Congress. The leaning of the US towards India is evident from its support for India’s membership to the NSG as well as other economic and defence deals. Meanwhile, relations between Pakistan and US have strained in light of recent events including the death of Mullah Akhtar Mansour, F-16 deal and other bills passed by the Senate limiting military aid to Pakistan.

Pakistan lacks a long-term strategy. On the economic front, the country is going through one of the darkest phases and only recently the economy has shown some signs of revival. Pakistan’s continuous obsession with India has harmed the country severely. A significant chunk of the budget is diverted towards defence spending and nuclear arms due to which the country has not been able to spend on other sectors of the economy. The situation of health, education, and other social sectors is terrible and is worsening every day. Pakistan needs to rethink its policies, particularly whether it can compete with India on defence spending, especially when the country’s Prime Minister is abroad for medical treatment because there are not enough facilities in the country.

At a time when the country is seeking foreign direct investment to boost economic growth, how can Pakistan woo investors unless there is sufficient power supply, stability in law and order situation and improvements in other economic fronts? The favourable stance from the US towards India for its entry in the NSG group shows how far India has come since its nuclear experiments on nuclear safety nonproliferation grounds. Meanwhile, Pakistan’s ambiguous stance on some of the terrorist groups shows its approach towards the problem.

For too long Pakistan has served the interests of other countries. Starting from the independence, Pakistan allied with the US and later on trained and sent Mujahedeen during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. {Why did it do so? The current woes of Pakistan lie in the answer to that question. Even this editorial, for all its frankness, is unable to come around to accepting the fact that it is the 'enduring hostility' with India based initially on personal ego and which was later institutionalized as the country's religion-based objective, Nazariya-e-Pakistan, which is at the very root of all the problems not only for Pakistan but the whole Indian subcontinent} Meanwhile, the economy of the country continuously suffered. The result is that today the Prime Minister of India is addressing the US Congress while Pakistani Prime Minister is in London because of lack of health facilities in this country. Pakistan cannot afford to compete with India in every aspect. The country needs to rethink both long and short term policies of the country as Pakistan cannot progress on any front without giving importance to the burning issues within the country.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Sadat Hasan Manto Opposed Partition And Also Foresaw Pakistan That Exists Today !
It was the greatest mass movement of humanity in history. In the days and months leading up to the partitioning of India in August 1947, 14 million people moved and two million died as the new nation of Pakistan was created. The borderline was arbitrary and artificial – established in haste by a British barrister called Sir Cyril Radcliffe (who did not "serve" in the sub -continent !) – and in trying to slice India along religious lines, it turned former Muslim, Hindu and Sikh friends and neighbours against each other.
The partition was brutal and bloody, and to Saadat Hasan Manto, a Muslim journalist, short-story author and Indian film screenwriter living in Bombay, it appeared maddeningly senseless.
In his journalism, he predicted the rise of Islamic fundamentalism in Pakistan. But it is for his stories of partition that he is best remembered: as the greatest chronicler of this most savage episode in the region’s history.
He may be largely unknown in the west, but as the 70th anniversary of partition looms next year,...
...it was announced that a new Indian film will be made about the writer who has been compared to DH Lawrence, Oscar Wilde and Guy de Maupassant.
Saadat Hasan Manto was born into a middle-class Muslim family in the predominantly Sikh city of Ludhiana in 1912. In his early 20s he translated Russian, French and English short stories into Urdu,...
The historian Ayesha Jalal, (who is Manto’s grand-niece) wrote in her book about him, The Pity of Partition: “Whether he was writing about prostitutes, pimps or criminals, Manto wanted to impress upon his readers that these disreputable people were also human, much more than those who cloaked their failings in a thick veil of hypocrisy.”
Manto had been implacably opposed to partition and had refused to go to the newly formed Pakistan. One evening he was sitting drinking with his Hindu colleagues at the offices of the newspaper where he worked when one of them remarked that, were it not for the fact they were friends, he would have killed Manto. The next day Manto packed his bags and took his family to Lahore, and it was here that he wrote the stories that revisited the brutality and absurdities of partition. In “Toba Tek Singh”, one of his most famous stories,...
I wish I had known about Manto when I was growing up in the UK. The picture of Pakistan I was fed was of a place of conformity and religiosity, where you did not question or mock. Most young Pakistanis were (and still are!)"fed" this artificial diet, which later on was proved to have no basis in reality.
“He has been celebrated in academia and the arts circle but on a national level there has been if not a shame then a discomfort,” (because it did not agree with the state narrative )says the actor and film-maker Sarmad Khoosat who directed and starred in the recent Pakistani film.
In the early 50s Manto wrote a number of essays entitled “Letters to Uncle Sam” which are distressingly prophetic on the direction that Pakistan was to take. In one, written in 1954, he wrote that the US “will definitely make a military aid pact with Pakistan because you are really worried about the integrity of this largest Islamic sultanate of the world and why not, as our mullahs are the best antidote to Russia’s communism. If the military aid starts flowing, you should begin by arming the mullahs.” In another essay, “By the Grace of Allah”, he predicted a future where everything – music and art, literature and poetry – would be censored. “He anticipated where Pakistan would go,( but even, he would not been able to forsee the breakup of this artificial entity within less than 25 years !) but I think he would be quite horrified with some of the trends that have occurred,” writes Jalal. “He would have been a blistering critic of all that has happened in Pakistan in the past 35 years.”
The irony is that even though Manto foresaw the Pakistan that exists today it would now be harder for a writer like him to work than it was 70 years ago. “Times are tougher than they were in his time and we are now more intolerant as a nation,” says his daughter Nusrat. In the last year progressives, bookshop owners and journalists have been murdered by religious extremists. “I have lost count of how many journalists in Pakistan have been targeted – killing journalists is quite a popular sport,” says Hanif. [/quote]
“You would not believe, uncle, that despite being the author of 20, 22 books, I do not own a house to live,” Manto wrote in one of his Letters to Uncle Sam. “If I earn 20, 25 rupees based on the rate of seven rupees per column, I take the tonga [horse driven carriage] and go buy locally distilled whiskey.”
He would go to his newspaper offices, write a short story while there and buy alcohol with the payment received and towards the end of his life an addiction to alcohol, together with financial hardship, took a toll. He died in January 1955. Six months earlier he had composed his own epitaph which, although it was never used on his tombstone, suggests that the writer knew that his work would outlast him. “Here lies Saadat Hasan Manto and with him lie buried all the secrets and mysteries of the art of story writing. Under mounds of earth he lies, still wondering who among the two is the greater story writer – God or he.”