BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by KJo »

Adminjis, can you please rename me to KJo as earlier?
Dhanyawaad.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

done.
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

Admin saars, can you please change my handle to 'vnms'?

And please re-assign all posts by 'member_23278' to 'vnms'.
Last edited by SSridhar on 17 Aug 2016 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Done
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

Great to see BR forum back online!
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Could we have the last poster details, rather than the poster who started the thread and time stamp ?
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Test message. Posting after a long time.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Rahul M wrote:heads up to all "BR Mainsite Crew" I have restored privileges to all those who posted in that forum's roll call thread, except 2 members whose ID's have been lost.
guys, could you please check and let us know if you have access to the Mainsite Support Forum ? there seems to be some issues with permissions.
Amoghvarsha
BRFite

Post by Amoghvarsha »

If my present name isnt kosher,please rename it to Peshwa.

Btw i will really like to keep my present name.Hope Admin considers it.Thank You.
Last edited by Amoghvarsha on 18 Aug 2016 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Marten_b
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Marten_b »

Rahul M, I would be one of the missing IDs. Perhaps I should give it a few months before being added back to the crew (being that I haven't edited a single article in the past 4 months owing to work pressures).
James
BRFite

Post by James »

When I click on the Great Indian Political Drama thread, it takes me to the Beef Eating Thread. Pls look into this. I know that most politicians are given to talking bull, so this kind of makes sense, but still... :)
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Rahul M wrote:
Rahul M wrote:heads up to all "BR Mainsite Crew" I have restored privileges to all those who posted in that forum's roll call thread, except 2 members whose ID's have been lost.
guys, could you please check and let us know if you have access to the Mainsite Support Forum ? there seems to be some issues with permissions.
Sorry, I can't see it.
Akshay D
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Akshay D »

James wrote:When I click on the Great Indian Political Drama thread, it takes me to the Beef Eating Thread. Pls look into this. I know that most politicians are given to talking bull, so this kind of makes sense, but still... :)
I'm having the same issue. Need my hourly fix.. :(

Never mind, I guess there are two political drama threads on the first page. The one from Aug 2015 seems to be redirecting to the beef thread. It's confusing since the latest post in that thread is from Aug 19, 2016

Anyway, back to hitting refresh every few minutes. :)
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

First of all, thanks to bring the forum back.

Second, a suggestion to add a cloud based backup to avoid such disk failures in future.

Third, the earlier version of the forum used to differentiate the pages read vs unread. In other words, if a thread had 90 pages and I had already read 89 pages, the link to the page 90 will look different than the links upto page 89. I see that feature missing in this new look. Can we get that back? It was very useful.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Does this new software have a tweet feature for posts? If so, request to enable it. It will allow BRF member views to be posted out to the wider world, difficult with 160 chars. Also, a net asset for BRF as it will likely increase membership.

All the twitter handles, please opine.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ShauryaT, there should be staging thread from which a few twitterati précis and post. You don't want boo-boos and unintended consequences. 160 char can be circumvented by doing a series of numbered tweets.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Could we please go back to the old forum design? The old design was much like a bottle of of Coke, classic and different. This one is.........sort of sad.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Lisa wrote:Could we please go back to the old forum design? The old design was much like a bottle of of Coke, classic and different. This one is.........sort of sad.
+1

ould we please go back to the old forum design?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Archan ji, There is something different the way we are doing backup. Can you please share what is the current setup?

From our recent incident, and existing hardship to access BRF during backup times, here is my thought:
- The websites need not go down for data backup
- All backups are read-only, so writes during backup need not be included in a backup
- There are incremental backups that saves time, cost and energy
- Backup location and restore policy

To get into details of how we may do it, firstly, I think we need to understand what is the current setup, config and methods.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Lisa wrote:Could we please go back to the old forum design? The old design was much like a bottle of of Coke, classic and different. This one is.........sort of sad.
Use the subsilver theme from user control panel - its almost the same as the old theme.
For navigation you will be required to bookmark below links to the subforums - as the index for subsilver is messed up.

viewforum.php?f=20
viewforum.php?f=24
viewforum.php?f=1
viewforum.php?f=2
viewforum.php?f=3

Edit: No Prob Lisa ji.
v
Last edited by Lilo on 23 Aug 2016 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Liloji,

Thank you very much. Have done as recommended and it's much better, not perfect but much better. Strange why this theme was not deployed by default. Anyway, again, many thanks.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Happy to make a small financial contribution for the upkeep of the forum.

IMHO we can ill afford to have the forum becoming inaccessible.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

where is "Understanding US" dhaga?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Can the forum be enhanced so that when someone makes a good post, it can be "liked" or commended in some way?
Then this can be displayed in a "Post of the Day" list. Many boards have this feature.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Satya_anveshi wrote:where is "Understanding US" dhaga?
viewtopic.php?p=2035558#p2035558

The title of this thread too got changed to something else , similar to the beef thread.
Can the mods lock it and start the next version ?
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

Admins, please change my handle to shyamoo. This should be human sounding as my mom calls me that name!

Is it possible to assign all my previous posts under member_23278 to the new id 'shyamoo'
Thanks
arshyam1
BRFite -Trainee

Post by arshyam1 »

Admins, I sent an email request about this last week, but it perhaps got inundated in the hundreds of similar requests you would've got. So posting it here again.

Could you please restore my old account "arshyam"? I created a new account with the same handle and am posting from it now. Not sure if it makes a difference, but asking. Also, my old posts are under the handle "member_28362", could you please associate them to my handle? Thanks in advance.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Admins,
Can we start a thread on 'Blockchain technolgy'? It seems to be changing the world, probably for good.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

If you deem is to important, please do so in Tech forum.
arshyam - your old account has been restored to you. I will send you an email to confirm in case you can't login to see this. The new ID you made is temporarily arshyam1 now and we will delete it later.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

We had a smart cities dhaaga among other things in GDF. I am unable to find it. So is the important Netaji files dhaaga
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

archan wrote:If you deem is to important, please do so in Tech forum.
arshyam - your old account has been restored to you. I will send you an email to confirm in case you can't login to see this. The new ID you made is temporarily arshyam1 now and we will delete it later.
Thanks saar. I didn't get an email (perhaps should check my spam folder), but noticed that I couldn't log in. I guessed an admin had acted upon my request, so used forgot password to get access back. Things look all right now.
Amoghvarsha
BRFite

Post by Amoghvarsha »

Forgive me for asking this if this has been already asked,Why isnt BRF on Tapatalk?
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Thanks Archan.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

I need to change the location, how do i do it ?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

This new forum design needs to be changed if possible. I've been trying for days but still can't read anything here.

Names of the posters should be on left side, no right. A lot of times, I just don't read stuff posted by a few posters or read them later if I have time. This new scheme makes it hard to do. I login everyday but logout within a few minutes because this new scheme is so unreadable compared to old one.

Then there is that notification thing on top which I can't make use of. It's just a useless distraction.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

jamwal wrote:This new forum design needs to be changed if possible. I've been trying for days but still can't read anything here.

Names of the posters should be on left side, no right. A lot of times, I just don't read stuff posted by a few posters or read them later if I have time. This new scheme makes it hard to do. I login everyday but logout within a few minutes because this new scheme is so unreadable compared to old one.

Then there is that notification thing on top which I can't make use of. It's just a useless distraction.
the name is on the left along with posts details on the left is poster details
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

any reason why the 'remember me' feature does not work? it asks to login everytime i check back in after a system restart (not in same session of the browser after tab close and restart).
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

niran wrote: the name is on the left along with posts details on the left is poster details

That I know. Point is \that it's not as convenient as the older theme and believe me that I've tried to get used to it without success. The default font size is too small too.
Marten_b
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Marten_b »

Could we please update the logo for subsilver2? All it takes is renaming the BR logo to site_logo.gif.
styles/subsilver2/theme/images/site_logo.gif
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Time to remove that big azz notice on each page?
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Unable to locate Understanding US-2 thread and also Collection of good posts thread. Any pointers?