Terror Attack At Army Camp In Jammu And Kashmir's Uri

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attack At Army Camp In Jammu And Kashmir's Uri

Post by darshhan »

jagga wrote:Uri attack: India to declare Pakistan state sponsor of terror, may launch punitive strikes
Based on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's instructions, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, NSA Ajit Doval and Army chief Gen Dalbir Singh sat down together in South Block to discuss the ground operations that can be launched by the Army Special Forces.Highly placed sources in the national security apparatus confirmed that very soon results on ground would be seen and felt but no loud announcements would be made.
Sources indicated that the operations have already begun as three ISI officers were hacked to death in Peshawar by an unknown local group there.
This will also be a test for Manohar Parrikar. He has been an able defense minister wrt procurement and technology issues. This will prove whether he is also a good wartime leader.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Looking at the terrain, places like Uri can be very very difficult to deal with particularly if you have terrorists entering with one way ticket and potentially trained in guerrilla techniques. Uri attack was a guerrilla attack and considering that even powerful countries like US, with limitless resources have struggled in similar terrains, hoping for successful all round defense by IA in places like Uri seems like a mirage. Guerilla warfare must be returned with guerrilla warfare, with higher intensity, 24x7, non-stop, with more deaths on the other side. All out attack on Pak is not smart. Even targeting CPEC as a retaliation is not right. Any co-operation between Pak and China is not our business. We want our POK back and Balochistan should be freed. Pak and China can figure out alternatives to CPEC routes.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

CPEC is very much a target. Why do you think pakis repeatedly attacked mumbai ?
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

JayS wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orOHD9mXzVg

6:00 onwards. There was specific intel about possible attack on bases near LoC. Total 3 groups sent from PoJK. One neutralized in Punch few days ago. Second attacked Uri. Third group expected to attack somewhere near Srinagar on some soft target. All bases near LoC including Uri got specific warning about such attack.

IIRC, even Lt Gen Ata Hasnain has tweeted something like this that specific warning was given to Uri base like 10 days ago.

Lt Gen Ata Hasnain is right, there were 3 groups. 2 were neutralized, 1 attacking now
NewsX ‏@NewsX 11m11 minutes ago
BREAKING: Terror attack in North Kashmir, no casualties so far
NewsX Twitter link
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Yes, and it would be a delight to see the project go down to hell, with a fractured Pak. But why market it that way.
zoverian
BRFite

Post by zoverian »

Another attack on police post.at langate in handwara...Breaking news.now
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

x-post

I am pretty sure that sooner or later India will retaliate for these attacks conducted by Pakistan. But India should not just stop at retaliation only and should also initiate the final war(Aar par ki ladai) with Pakistan at the earliest possible date and time. Pakistan should not be allowed to exist. NFU for nuclear weapons need to be discarded. The dissolution of Pakistan should be our state policy. The more we delay on this issue the more difficult it would become to finish Pakistan. Because warfare is also being democratized at a furious pace. The advantage India's size and resources bring today wouldn't be there 10 years later.

Too long we have dithered on account of various reasons such as Pakistan having nukes, Indian Military not prepared enough, acceptability on world forums etc.

But then Nuclear weapons are nothing but very big bombs. Should we be really afraid of them? There are battles which extracted far more fatalities than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. For eg. Battle of Stalingrad, Siege of leningrad etc. Countries like Russia didn't buckle at the thought of fatalities. Furthermore the primary material of residence construction in Nagasaki and Hiroshima was wood which in turn contributed to increased fatality levels. In India however concrete is much more common which in all likelihood do far better job of containing the Nuclear explosion than wood ever will.

As far as military preparedness being the issue, was Soviet Union prepared at the onset of Operation Barabarossa? Was US prepared at onset of WW2. You fight with the military you have and not with one you desire.

As far as international acceptability is concerned, they can thank us later once we take care of the Pakistan problem.

As I said sooner we destroy Pakistan the better it would be for us.
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

If India had intelligence then a we should have prepared retaliation long ago. Pakjab is a very ripe and rich target. Will find out this week what happens.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

One's Pakistani,other Indian. #UriAttack Indian false flag attack,an interpretation. Only difference is in subtlety.
parshuram
BRFite

Post by parshuram »

Another attack this time on police post underway in Handwara as Per Times Now
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Uri Terror Attack: India To Isolate Pakistan Diplomatically In International Forums
The Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Lt General Ranbir Singh will hand over this evidence to his Pakistani counterpart as India takes up the matter strongly with Islamabad.
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

Enough with the stupid evidence, just hit till it wipes them out.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

i wonder if there is a printing press set up especially for kaddi ninda and evidence printing.. plus of course dossiers..
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

No word from NM, Doval MP etc. since yesterday.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

While I share everyone's sense of hurt and outrage, I think we need to start asking ourselves some hard questions.

Why do we cry hoarse about Syed Salahuddin roaming free in Pakistan, when his children are Indian Govt employees ? (like most of the family members of the rats in the Hurriyat).
Why should we expect the West to impose sanctions, when we extend MFN to Pakistan ? Cotton is exported to Pakistan to shore up its textile
industry which accounts for over half its exports.
Why should US declare Pakistan a terrorist state, when we won't do it ourselves.

We talk of abrogating IWT. We can't even use the under 20% of water granted to us. Even fully using the 3 rivers where we have rights, would result in extending the Rajasthan canal to Kutch and completing the SYL, bringing water to both Kutch and Haryana/Delhi. We are allowed to build power plants on the rivers given to Pak, but allow ourselves to be bullied by Pakistan's taking disputes to court (where we won in the past). We don't bother to do the same to Pakistan's dams, when any further delay would make the whole project unviable.

Media: Why do we give more TV time (that too prime time) to representatives of a terrorist group (Pak army) than our own Military experts ? The sight of Gen Quereshi - Mussharaf's old spokesmen, spewing venom, on CNN News 18, tonight, made me puke.
Why do we continue to reveal operational details of operations while they are still in progress ? (i.e. use of Commando's, how casualties were evacuated and where to, how many terrorists there were).
Why are we possibly the only country where the funerals of terrorists get more media coverage than those of our Jawans - I guess one can't blame the media when our politicians choose to visit injured stone throwers instead of injured soldiers.
Most of the casualties came from Bihar, is the Bihar CM going to receive the bodies ?

The army: Why was TSD (set up by Gen VK Singh and scrapped in UPA's time) which was ideally suited to local intel gathering and covert ops,
not restarted ?
Why were our jawans sleeping in tents next to a fuel dump, when there were apparently barracks available.
Not sure if our SOP's for night patrolling, rotation of units etc were followed. I've discussed this with 2 friends who have commanded units
on the LOC and they share these concerns.
I don't wish to bash the army whom I've the highest respect for, but if there were procedural lapses, someone has to be made accountable.
ManuJ
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ManuJ »

PM asking defense and intelligence chiefs for options after the attack is just drama-baazi.

Everyone, including the illiterate roadside paanwalla knows that Pakistan cannot stop acting the way it always has, and thus there is bound to be a covert attack sooner or later.
If so, why couldn't the options have been discussed in detailed and decided upon beforehand?

We should have launched a counter-attack even as the Uri encounter was still on.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

chetak wrote:[quote]One's Pakistani,other Indian. #UriAttack Indian false flag attack,an interpretation. Only difference is in subtlety.
Correct your quote,

Different sides of the border but still both pakistanis think alike.

Image[/quote]
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Deans, One thing is to remove IFS influence in handling TSP.
Its not a foreign state but an extension of Indian state outside the borders.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For the record, I am posting International reaction, (from regular news sources, official sites etc):
Interestingly (for the first time) I see there are no one who is sticking their neck out for Pakis except Pakjab (even Baluchistan/Sindhudesh gave support to India. Pakis, as despicable as they are, this time did not even condemned the attack and condemned India for maligning Pak :(.. Any way Here it is:

UN:
Ban-ki Moon issued a statement : "condemned the attack and expressed his deepest sympathy and condolences to the families of the soldiers who lost their lives and to the government of India. He also wished a speedy recovery to those who were injured during the attack and hoped that the perpetrators of will be identified and brought to justice. (no asking India talk to Pak!)

Fellow muslim and onetime their strategic depth: Afghanistan -: condemned the attack. Pledging his nation's support to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's call for a strong and firm action against the perpetrators "We fully support PM Modi's call for strong and firm action against those who terrorise people, and those who use terrorism as an instrument of foreign policy; seeing this for many years. Whoever uses terrorism shouldn't only be isolated but also held accountable."

Pak's chief H&D protector China -: condemning the attack and expressed sympathy towards the families of the slain soldiers as well as the injured soldiers. (It also expressed concerns about rising tensions in the Kashmir region and called upon India and Pakistan to hold dialogue)

France - condemning the attack (and calling for peaceful settlement to disputes in Kashmir.) "France condemns in the firmest terms the terrible terrorist attack committed on 18 September against an Indian Army camp in the Kashmir region. It expresses its condolences to the families of the 17 Indian soldiers killed in this attack. France stands beside India in the struggle against terrorism. It calls on each state to effectively fight against terrorist groups operating on its territory or from its territory against other countries. France reaffirms its commitment for a peaceful and structured settlement of differences in the region of Kashmir."

Their new friend who was going to have joint exercise and sell them new weapons Russiacondemned the attacks .."concerned about the fact that, according to New Delhi, the army base was attacked from Pakistani territory". the criminal act should be investigated properly and that its organisers and perpetrators be held accountable. In the wake of attack, Russia also called-off its joint military exercise with Pakistan. :)

Fellow muslim nation UAE - "renewing the nation's firm stand against terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, its solidarity with the Republic of India and its support to all actions it may take to confront and eradicate terrorism". It further offered deepest condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims, as well as the government and people of India, and wished a speedy recovery to those who had been injured.

UK "The UK strongly condemns this morning’s terrorist attack in Indian-administered Kashmir. I offer my deepest condolences to the victims and their families and friends. The UK condemns all forms of terrorism, and stands shoulder to shoulder with India in the fight against terrorism, and in bringing the perpetrators to justice."

Non nato ally - US : "The United States strongly condemns the terrorist attack on an Indian army base in Kashmir (No "xx-administered " ) during the early morning of September 18. We extend our condolences to the victims and their families. The United States is committed to our strong partnership with the Indian government to combat terrorism.

(Some rags like NYT showed their ignorance and stupidity by using words like "disputed territory of" cashmere and moronic background by reporters from Islamabad..Many other regular papers were much more clearer. I was pleasantly surprised by tone of WP whose reporter in the past have been very bad)

Venezuela – " solidarity with the people of India" ... "We are committed along with our brotherly people of the world to get into the depth of this problem that has generated proliferation of terrorist movements, which doesn't respect life and the need for coexistence of people.

Meanwhile Terrorist Hell of "विनाश काले विपरीत बुद्धि"
Pakistan 's
" rejected India's accusations that Pakistan had masterminded the attack. The ministry also condemned India's statements as "vitriolic" and deemed India's stance a "blatant attempt" to deflect attention from human rights abuses in Kashmir. It said the situation in Indian-administered Kashmir was "not of Pakistan's making but a direct consequence of illegal Indian occupation and a long history of atrocities," and that India's reaction of accusing Pakistan without investigations was "deplorable."
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Deans wrote:While I share everyone's sense of hurt and outrage, I think we need to start asking ourselves some hard questions.

Why do we cry hoarse about Syed Salahuddin roaming free in Pakistan, when his children are Indian Govt employees ? (like most of the family members of the rats in the Hurriyat).
Why should we expect the West to impose sanctions, when we extend MFN to Pakistan ? Cotton is exported to Pakistan to shore up its textile
industry which accounts for over half its exports.
Why should US declare Pakistan a terrorist state, when we won't do it ourselves.

We talk of abrogating IWT. We can't even use the under 20% of water granted to us. Even fully using the 3 rivers where we have rights, would result in extending the Rajasthan canal to Kutch and completing the SYL, bringing water to both Kutch and Haryana/Delhi. We are allowed to build power plants on the rivers given to Pak, but allow ourselves to be bullied by Pakistan's taking disputes to court (where we won in the past). We don't bother to do the same to Pakistan's dams, when any further delay would make the whole project unviable.

Media: Why do we give more TV time (that too prime time) to representatives of a terrorist group (Pak army) than our own Military experts ? The sight of Gen Quereshi - Mussharaf's old spokesmen, spewing venom, on CNN News 18, tonight, made me puke.
Why do we continue to reveal operational details of operations while they are still in progress ? (i.e. use of Commando's, how casualties were evacuated and where to, how many terrorists there were).
Why are we possibly the only country where the funerals of terrorists get more media coverage than those of our Jawans - I guess one can't blame the media when our politicians choose to visit injured stone throwers instead of injured soldiers.
Most of the casualties came from Bihar, is the Bihar CM going to receive the bodies ?

The army: Why was TSD (set up by Gen VK Singh and scrapped in UPA's time) which was ideally suited to local intel gathering and covert ops,
not restarted ?
Why were our jawans sleeping in tents next to a fuel dump, when there were apparently barracks available.
Not sure if our SOP's for night patrolling, rotation of units etc were followed. I've discussed this with 2 friends who have commanded units
on the LOC and they share these concerns.
I don't wish to bash the army whom I've the highest respect for, but if there were procedural lapses, someone has to be made accountable.
Agree with all these.

We are being totally idiotic and have no clue how to fight Paki kuttas
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

darshhan wrote:x-post

I am pretty sure that sooner or later India will retaliate for these attacks conducted by Pakistan. But India should not just stop at retaliation only and should also initiate the final war(Aar par ki ladai) with Pakistan at the earliest possible date and time. Pakistan should not be allowed to exist. NFU for nuclear weapons need to be discarded. The dissolution of Pakistan should be our state policy. The more we delay on this issue the more difficult it would become to finish Pakistan. Because warfare is also being democratized at a furious pace. The advantage India's size and resources bring today wouldn't be there 10 years later.
How are you so sure? I see no evidence of it
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Deans we are a dhimmi state - even the services have to operate per PC rules and constantly harp on the nature of how "secular" and "just" they are, while the Islamist TSP beheads their soldiers & mutilates, tortures people.

Everything flows from there. Nehru and his islam pasand behavior & the decades of hindu-phobic, islamist glorifying/appeasement by the left.

Many in BJP are no exception and kowtows to all such attitudes every other day.

Decades of appeasing islamists of all ilks and treating TSP with kid gloves as an extension of IMs have led to neglect of defense or a firm strategy in thrashing and finishing off TSP.

Now chickens have come home to roost. Even Modi & Parrikar are not exempt. Its been 2 years and Modi came to power talking tough on TSP. While reforming MOD processes is slow going, where was the progress in for instance quickly acquiring arty & ammo, even if via imports, to give India a short term option against TSP?

Jaitley has been a complete disappointment too. First trying to cultivate the very MSM who act as an extended arm of TSP, then doing little to increase the revenue or capital budget for the services (it will come when you ask for it, they say - but why was it not done to begin with?)

Bat Ye'or defined dhimmitude as the condition and experience of those who are subject to dhimma, and thus not synonymous to, but rather a subset of the dhimma phenomenon: "dhimmitude [...] represents a behavior dictated by fear (terrorism), pacifism when aggressed, rather than resistance, servility because of cowardice and vulnerability. [...] By their peaceful surrender to the Islamic army, they obtained the security for their life, belongings and religion, but they had to accept a condition of inferiority, spoliation and humiliation. As they were forbidden to possess weapons and give testimony against a Muslim, they were put in a position of vulnerability and humility."[8]
Last edited by Karan M on 20 Sep 2016 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

There were two men in a village. Their families asked them to go in search of jobs to America. The men had to walk 10kms to the nearest bus station, from where a bus took them to a railway station. They had to take a train to the next main junction, from where they could take another train to New Delhi. From Delhi, they had to catch a direct flight to New York.

Both men cited that they did not have enough money for the journey, so pleaded time accumulating the money for the expenses, and some for the families they would be leaving behind. After a decade or so, the villagers realize one person had never the intention to leave the village. He just did not have within him and had no plans. The other man had some plans and had just left the village and is walking towards the bus station. However the villagers wanted to see the man immediately in New York for it brought laurels to the entire village and not just benefits to the family. So they started comparing the second man with the first - why is he not in New York already; he is just like the other guy with no intention.

One can see the man walking to the bus station. He has began the journey, time will tell where he reaches.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Problem is man who left the village promised everyone he was different & knew how to reach US overnight. He underestimated that the trains, planes he would have to take didn't exist and the whole mess was far worse.

Unfortunately India was in such a mess admin wise, that when Modi came he fixated on fixing those things. TSP fell to the sides in the things he had to focus on. Putting AJ as Def Min for far too long & then getting Parrikar but then not telling both to prepare for a short term conflict & get at least those tools in place. The confused meandering with Nawaz & the late realization that TSP cannot be trusted. The lack of any firm steps against pro-Pak media houses and their anchors.

He said he knew better but at the end of the day, they have just used the opportunity to target him and India.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

What we perceive of NaMo is immaterial, country guns for solid action from him (visible not covert) Whether he will execute it or not will determine future of desh(last hope is this nationalist regime) if this falls than it is loss of pride on indian nation that no one will ever show pride in armed forces. What comes out in many ways will determine whether india is a paper tiger or there are real bones inside.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Muns wrote:My 2 paisa,

Made a similar post on this a few days ago. Recently came across a biography on Khalid Bin Waleed written by AI Akram, a leading Pakistani general who was only superseded by Zia ul Haq himself. Having fought Indian three wars it was interesting to see his mind on military campaigns led by Khalid Bin Waleed who seems to be a darling of the Pakistani Armed Forces.
Here is a guy who was born in pre-partition India, then fought 3 wars against India before it seems looking for some kind of motivation in his Islamic background. He learned Arabic before traveling extensively around the Middle East writing a biography on a Arab as a source of inspiration.
What really came to my mind was his contemptuous hate for the nonbeliever and and their deserving death no matter what the circumstance at the hands of Khalid.
All pre-Islamic tribes are frequently labeled as the hypocrites, liars, disbelievers etc. His book and his biography still seems to be a primer for many Pakistani recruits into the Army.
His romanticization with killing disbelievers is all too evident. Fast forward 1400 years today and we are another disbelieving tribe that needs to be conquered. Pakistani recruits and the faithfool cannot help but read these stories and look across the border to us with Jihad in their hearts following in the footsteps of Khalid himself.
Part of this thinking seems to be plainly Muslim Supremacism. A sense of race superiority that I can only describe as being a form of Islamic apartheid. We are but disbelieving cockroaches that need to be exterminated by the faithfool.
Part of me thinks that this is the same kind of Supremacism thinking that's infected the Valley. No amount of healing of hearts and changing of minds talk can really change the minds of one who believes that he is racially and religiously superior.

The only way is a retaliation, a loss of battle on multiple fronts on a daily basis to show that Allah has indeed deserted them. Everyday day a Battle of Uhud... To make them challenge this continual belief in martial, racial and religious superiority.

http://www.india-aware.com
Muns, the Latest NY/NJ bomber AK Rahami is said to be a follower of Khalid Bin Waleed!

I remembered your post as soon as I read that.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

The fact that Shri.Modi will be tested by porkis was clear from the day he took oath as PM. It was absolutely certain that it is going to happen, it was only a matter of time, the mettle will be probed. The administration took some steps when firing was done across the border and replied overwhelmingly and became complacent. What the Modi administration didn't learn and is on a learning curve is that, porkis will be in Continual terror and war with India as long as porkis exist.

This lesson has not seeped enough into the strategy of this administration. If this was clear, best form of defense as offense, would have been pursued, till the cancer is terminated. This administration is in an unenviable position to initiate such a strategy where hoping peace with rabid mad dog is no longer an option. The rabid dog will have to be on the run till it is put down or the dog has to be forced to morph into a rat.

Porkis are in a hurry to cash the low hanging cheques. The response from this administration will come, but it is going to have to be a continual one, for foreseeable future where the mad dog is going to go through chemo-therapy until it succumbs to treatment or responds to it by turning into a rat.
hshukla
BRFite -Trainee

Post by hshukla »

Amber G. wrote:Meanwhile Terrorist Hell of "विनाश काले विपरीत बुद्धि"
Pakistan 's
" rejected India's accusations that Pakistan had masterminded the attack. The ministry also condemned India's statements as "vitriolic" and deemed India's stance a "blatant attempt" to deflect attention from human rights abuses in Kashmir. It said the situation in Indian-administered Kashmir was "not of Pakistan's making but a direct consequence of illegal Indian occupation and a long history of atrocities," and that India's reaction of accusing Pakistan without investigations was "deplorable."
India should just send some cruise missiles down Pindi HQs and say that they are done with 26/11 investigation and are sure that Generals in Pindi are responsible and hence the cruise missiles. Let Bakis cry hoarse :evil: . It will also give us legitimacy in our overt action since it wasnt impulsive and it was after due diligence...no one can say that we cannot take revenge after 3years. Also proves that we choose the time and place of our choice :evil: . We have a pipeline of terror events which we can use to our advantage....just start investigation and exchange dossiers for the last terror attack and as soon as the next one happens; declare that previous one is closed and we decided it was from X location in Pakistan and hence the bombing there. Start fresh dossier exchange for the current attack and play the game as the Pakis want us to. What say?
Last edited by hshukla on 20 Sep 2016 06:16, edited 1 time in total.
Vashishtha
BRFite

Post by Vashishtha »

Since the “We will hit at a time and place of our chosing“ statement is out. Can we close this thread?

Show`s over
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

the saddest part is both Modi and Doval should have known they were going to be tested and prepared. while in 2 years I dont expect them to get 2000 guns - at least the damn order and induction should have started. moving like molasses ..

sigh

more than modi - dovals reputation is on the line right now-
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

In 1998 when US fired missiles from Indian ocean via paki space into Afghanistan on Al keedas, 7th fleet US General was dining with Paki chief karamat. This was to assure Karamat that the missiles were not from India.
Do a similar thing now, Call US Gen 7th fleet head, US ambassador and British low commissioner to PM office and simultaneously in a 10 min operation take out high value targets in pakiland and ask Munna's abbas to scramble and handle the rest.
US goal is to prevent a war in the sub continent, they will do it just like they did after 26/11
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

When I had first started playing chess, I would formulate few brilliant moves, how if i did these three things I would check mate the guy. Then it turned out, whenever I played, the other person made counter moves and more often then not my plans failed or I was the one trapped. So if we lob a cruise missile, tomorrow TSP will. If we scramble planes, and bomb so can they (and yes it ill be war, to avenge 17 we may go and kill/killed in ten of thousands, that is still desirable, if in the end we have a plan to win). The choices are limited. Artillery barrage (they can also do the same but hopefully we have some advantage there), SP raids etc needs to be conducted. But doing right away, when they are ready and waiting is foolish. Get prepared and do it. During Chaprasi singh PM ship, IA retaliated by cutting head etc, not to say that they will not do it now. But we must do it at place and time of our choosing, hopefully soon. We do not have to exactly punish the exact perpetrators of this crime, any equivalent number of TSP personnel will do, and if we can do it with zero causality, all the best. I think Pathankot was avenged. Balkanization of TSP was set in motion with taking up Baluchistan issue. Of course, you cannot have a baby in a month, it takes 9 months, here it will take whatever time it takes.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

An option that has been exercised before is a commando force slipping across LOC in a low gurded aresa and take out a high value targets using shoulder fired missiles, Of course none of those commandos may make it back alive, but we are losing troops anyway
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X posted from the “India-Russia: News & Analysis” thread.
saurav_jha wrote:Apparently Russia has called off the drills with Pukistan...

http://www.financialexpress.com/india-n ... an/382372/

I could not find any confirmation from Russian or from Islamic Republic of Pakistan based media sources that Exercise Druzbha 2016 had been postponed.

News might be over enthusiasm on the part of News 18. Wait and watch.
soumik
BRFite

Post by soumik »

My 0.02 on the steps ahead post Uri

http://bengalraider.blogspot.in/2016/09 ... h.html?m=1
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Well coming to what India will do I think it can be summed up best in words of 'Tigmanshu Dhulia' from Gangs of Wasseypur "Beta tumse na ho paega" (Son you can't do a diddly-squat about it ). :mrgreen:

The very fact that government is asking for opinion on the lines of how to react shows that we never have a plan, usually a functioning government with a competent military responds to such events like clockwork , reaction it self means it is being done to save face in public .
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

What did we do after Pathankot?
Nothing
What will we do now?
Nothing

We should target and kill the Paki army top officers. If the enemy is not getting hit, why would he stop?
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Negi, Both former chiefs BIKram Singh and Malik were on Thapar show, saying plans were always in place for several levels of escalation with or without full war; it is for Political leadership to decide the cost/ diplomacy part and fall out in terms of economy, Dork media etc
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

soumik wrote:My 0.02 on the steps ahead post Uri

http://bengalraider.blogspot.in/2016/09 ... h.html?m=1
>>>
2) Close all border transit points. We don’t need cross border bus and train lines with a terrorist nation.
The Uri/Mzaffarbad peace bus i , from the news reports, is still running without interruption. (And went there *after* the incident and I saw reporters interviewing passengers).

Link: A day after Uri attack, India-Pakistan peace bus runs on schedule

Even, post 26/11 both cross-LoC trade, (which had been inaugurated just weeks before the the attack), and the cross-LoC bus, which was started in 2005, both continued without interruption...

This time, the cross-Loc trade is suspended but not because of Uri, it was done after Wani's death..

Just some background.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

See how Nawaz Sharif in US is bringing Kashmir cause to international forum.. Talking with Kerry and what not..Having big Diplomatic and PR victory...(Must watch video)
https://twitter.com/ANI_news/status/777 ... 48/video/1