India's Retaliation Options to significant terrorist strikes

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Guddu
BRFite

Re: India's Retaliation Options to significant terrorist strikes

Post by Guddu »

I too think they are waiting for Rawheel to retire, not because the next guy will be softer, but this is a way to make paki civilian leadership stronger and the military subordinate.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

pankajs wrote: No saar ... You are still missing the point. It is not about what he will do or what needs to be done. Please read the message preceding my original. Folks want to hold Modi to his words and they expect an arty barrage or a missile attack in response. All I am saying is that *even* with a *Clandestine ops* he would have *fulfilled* his promise if we are trying to hold him to it. Anything above that is malai and will be gladly accepted but not *central* to his promise.

It will take a lot or very little to take down the Porkis but that depends on their internal situation. We can go for an all-out war in 2-3 years but that will mean we will also take a big hit on many fronts. The other option is to weaken them internally, perhaps a 5-10 year project, and then go for an all out war. In the mean time deal with their provocation as and when it happens with adequate pushback. It will not be pleasant in the long interim but that is the safest and surest way to achieve the end goal with minimum losses all things considered.

I will bet that Modi's plan is long-term and is already in motion but the final Big push will come only towards the end of his 2nd term if he is reelected i.e to say about 5-7 years from now. As Shiv saar has written before war is a risky business and Modi will not launch a Big push till the right environment exists for success.
I am only missing what you are trying to convey. But yes I am ok with clandestine ops that do substantial damage to Pakistani Army. After all it would be well known that India did it. Anything plus is a bonus.

By the way while people want revenge, they are hardly finicky about the method. So I am unable to understand your concern.

Wrt Big Push or the Final war, the sooner we pull it off the better. Some time back I was ok with Namo executing it in his second term. But considering the rate of technology diffusion, the sooner we do it the better it would be for us. Anything after 2023-2024 has a tremendous chance to negate our size, training and economic advantages.So better set a target for 2018.
Christopher Sidor
BRFite

Post by Christopher Sidor »

My god what excuses we are giving for inaction by our Political ruling class. Do we so want badly to delude ourselves that this current ruling dispensation is not any good that we are concocting equations and understanding between Indian PM and Pakistani PM?

Let us have a crash course in history on why the Baki Army is in a position where it is now. And it can be described in two words , "Pakistani Politicians" The Pakistani Politicians in the fateful years of 1947-53 encouraged and often fell over one another to ask and help the Pakistani Army to take over so that they could settle scores with their political opponents. If today Pakistani Army is at the top it is because of the Political leaders of the land of pure.

It is the uniqueness of Pakistani Political establishment that both the main political parties have nutured snakes targeted against India. PPP and its leader Benazir Bhutto, was the creator of Taliban along with her then Interior minister. The cost of that was paid by India during the IC814 hijack and by the sanctuary-cum-training-grounds offered to Kashmiri and Pakistani Terrorist operating in Kashmir. I was horrified when upon the death of the so called or shall I say self-proclaimed "Daughter of East" our politicians expressed sadness for that particular individual. She got what she deserved. Killed by the offshoot of the creature she created and nutured.

Now let us return to the case of this incompetent Nawaz Sharif the character for whom certain sections of BJP have had a perennial hard on since 1999 and the fiasco which started in "Lahore Bus Yatra" and ended in the hills above Kargil. During this entire duration Nawaz was the PM who carried out the duplicitous task of welcoming Our PM while still approving the sneak takeover of the heights of Kargil by Pakistani Army so that they could threaten our road to Leh and consequently our supply routes to Sachien. And let us not forget all the work that this so called Nawaz carried out under Zia. Or all the actions and statements that Nawaz has done till now w.r.t Kashmir.

If Pakistani politicians are where they are then it is because of their actions. And if we are deluding ourselves that Pakistani politicians will be much better than the Army then we are sadly mistaken. The first invasion of Kashmir by Pakistan was carried out by a politician, his name Jinnah. The roots of imposing Urdu or a unitary state on Pakistan can be traced back not to Pakistan Army but to the same individual.

Let us not kid ourselves the Politicians of Pkaistan are as bad for India as any CoAS of Pakistani Army has been or will be. In fact they are worse than the corps commanders of Pakistan Army.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Guddu wrote:I too think they are waiting for Rawheel to retire, not because the next guy will be softer, but this is a way to make paki civilian leadership stronger and the military subordinate.
How on earth do you come to this conclusion? Even if one were to accept that, why can't this happen with the Bad Sharif still in the saddle? It'll actually burst the halo that the Bakis have built around the "all-conquering commander".

Nothing short of total destruction of the Baki army will make the Baki civil leadership stronger and subordinate to the Baki civvies. Even 1971 did not do it. Bakis are the true descendants of their ancestors, they need someone to submit to, much like life requires oxygen even if it's eventually toxic.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Lots of interesting details, hence posting in full:

Shift in Pakistan policy Behind PM Narendra Modi’s Saturday speech
NEW DELHI: A significant policy shift informed the prime minister's strong Saturday speech on Pakistan.

Senior policymakers ET spoke to said the shift is defined by: first, the adoption of a consistently aggressive policy towards Pakistan; second, discarding the option of engaging with Pakistan's civilian government since it has proved to be ineffectual and therefore abandoning the two-track policy; third, as a result, focussing strongly on meeting the challenge thrown by the Pakistani military; and fourth, putting military's forward units and counter-terrorism units on operational alert.

As part of this shift, the PM will be given arange of options and potential pressure points on Pakistan. ET has learnt that instructions have gone out to the defence and external affairs ministries to come up with panoply of workable military and non-military options.

PM to be briefed on options
For instance, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be briefed specifically on the Indus Waters Treaty, its leverage potential, and pros and cons, in a special briefing on Monday. More such briefings on available options will take place, said officials.

"As of now, we are in a state of creating as many options that can be executed whenever the political leadership takes a call," an official familiar with the deliberations told ET.

Having made many unsuccessful reachouts to Pakistan and, specifically, to Sharif, the Modi government feels fully justified to contemplate hard measures. And the first stage of this change of policy was to create both diplomatic and military space for aggressive actions like raising the pitch on Balochistan.

For this, India contacted all major countries within hours of the Uri attack with evidence of an "escalatory pattern". That no country is breathing down on India to prevent any response after hearing these facts is being seen as a vindication of its assessment of having done enough in terms of peace overtures, including a surprise visit to Lahore, officials told ET.

As late as April, Modi told the Saudi Arabian leadership — Sharif's main foreign support base — that he had not feared to go down to Raiwind without proper security assessment and on a Pakistan Air Force chopper just on one call from Sharif. Riyadh was also one of the first capitals New Delhi reached out to after the Uri attack and received a positive response.

Military guard is up
On the military front, the movement has been incremental. Defensive formations have been asked to be on a state of operational readiness. All counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism formations have also been put on an operational alert.

Essentially, India's military posture on the border has turned more aggressive in the past week with defensive elements now brought upfront. However, strike elements that are located deeper inside have so far not been moved. "We don't think something like an Operation Parakram is a realistic option," an official told ET.

Within the 'LoC dynamic', officials told ET, the military has a tacit go-ahead to take action as it deems fit. This dynamic relates to action-counter action between both armies that occurs locally but is usually confined there. Such retaliation has happened even in the past.

But at a larger level, the armed forces are identifying options for the government and the potential risk of escalation they carry.

On the Pakistan side, officials said, Pakistan Air Force has initiated combat air exercises and got civilian traffic off its key strategic motorways. The landing of a JF-17 fighter on a motorway was part of this exercise.

The Kashmir negative
While creation of strategic options were being actively explored, senior officials told ET, the biggest area of concern for New Delhi remained the internal situation in the Kashmir Valley. The assessment is that aggressive diplomatic and military posture on Pakistan cannot go simultaneously with any aggressive ferment within the Valley.

Here again, the Army has been asked to bring the situation under control in Kashmir and not let any civilian protests get out of hand. With the onset of winter in a month or so, the government is hopeful of keeping the Valley stable.

Meanwhile, politically, the call is to back Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti in whichever way to reaffirm state supremacy.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Nice chart embedded in the story:

Indus treaty rethink: PM Narendra Modi to get official briefing today
Experts are divided on how much leverage reviewing the Indus treaty can offer India but there is a section which feels that farming the waters of the western tributaries through 'run of the river' projects can be an option that does not amount to violating the treaty. These rivers can be used for irrigation and hydel projects.

More hawkish opinion favours abrogation of the treaty itself but this might be seen as an extreme step and the Centre — if it decides to explore options regarding the Indus — may prefer a graded approach. Experts such as Uttam Sinha of IDSA also suggest that India could put pressure on Pakistan through involvement in infrastructure projects on the Kabul river in Afghanistan which flows into Pakistan.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Kakarat wrote:My twitter Pole

How should India's Retaliation (armed) towards Pakistan?

Please vote

I just voted covert.
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

Yesterday was a Sunday and the Maratha morcha in Pune. While most people opted to say indoors I thought it was the perfect day for me to venture out. Traffic would,be minimal,I thought and I was right.

I made a few phone calls to a few people Sometimes, my phone works wonders as in this time. I got invited to beer in the Cantonment part of Pune by a few faujis. At other times, for some strange reason I never get invited for even a glass of water. I have long suspected my phone is faulty. I have made a note to get it checked.

Over a CSD beer, several actually, I was told many fairy tales. I have always liked fairy tales because one can wander and stay in la-la land for as long as one wants without any guilt or shame. Even adults.

One such fairy tale is the IAis not prepared for a long drawn out war. The uniforms are motivated but are short of ammo and spares. War time attrition replacement and tun around will be difficult. Then, even if the equipment is turned around, it needs ammo. I am no expert in these matters, but I suppose, having ammo is a very good idea.

4-6 weeks all out conflict - that's what we can sustain today.

The last 10 odd years has been severely damaginng but used tea leaf readers on the forum already know that.

The man from Parra is trying to fix as soon as possible but first he is learning to play snakes and ladders- the improved babu Dalal version. One trump card to defeat the snakes is government to government deals.

He still has no trump card for OFB quality issues.

This man from Parra is also, so I hear, interested in unfiltered feedback from the fauj. He does not like the sanitisation as information comes up the ranks. Feedback is always good if one has the stomach for it, although, his MO may be a bit questionable.

By now, I had a beer too many so when my hosts said the long term strategy for us is to grow the economy, indigenise aggressively and covert ops, I nearly spilt my tipple on the rocks. They think hide and seek is a viable option. We don't want to play aa bail mujhey maar

I returned home late. The morcha had petered out. The participants instead preferring chicken and beer in various establishments. Pune traffic was as I remembered from my school days. Nothing was set on fire or destroyed. I think we should have more morcha's like yesterday's. I like having the roads to myself.

I must also write a protest letter to the CAG. CSD beer gave me no hangover. I have a suspicion it was adulterated. That's not fair. What's the point ?

I quite feel like going to Parra. a quant village in Goa. I think I shall go day after tomorrow. I need 2 days to wake up from the hide and seek fairy tale.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

rahulm wrote:By now, I had a beer too many so when my hosts said the long term strategy for us is to grow the economy, indigenise aggressively and covert ops, I nearly spilt my tipple on the rocks. They think hide and seek is a viable option. We don't want to play aa bail mujhey maar
+1. Have a strong economy, indigenous MIC, not having to depend on anybody.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Aggressively apperently has quite a different meaning in India, as far as what we have seen in last couole of years.
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedariprasad »

Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/uri ... 32785.html
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

With due respect to the Israelis,no border can be properly sanitised by sensors,etc. as we're seeing today.Even Israel's small border has on occasion failed to deter terrorists.It will also cost a colossal amt. better spent on offensive mil eqpt. Now that the dust has settled down somewhat after Uri,the measured punishment of Pak has to take place beginning with dipl/eco action.

Diplomatic and Economic:
1.Expelling the Paki envoy. Downgrading of ties and expulsion of key diplomutts the next step after any further outrages.

2.Banning overflights of Paki civvy aircraft.Could even expand into no overflights of Indian territory for civvy aircraft of any nationality landing and taking off from Pak.

3.Indus waters.Suspension until terror stops,or even drown the treaty in the Indus!

4.Full eco sanctions on all Paki goods and services or any goods of Paki origin routed through 3rd countries like the UAE/Dubai.
Better than scrapping the most favoured nation status.However,this will prove difficult as there are so many vested biz interests with politico connections who want to trade with Pak to continue.

5.No civvy interaction at all.Cutting off all sporting ties,cultural ties,no more Paki artists making crores on Indian soil.

6.Boycott the SAARC mtg. in Pak.Call for {Pak's expulsion from it and if need be start a new forum SAFE/SAEF,an eco forum like the ECM for all S.ASian nations including Burma and omit Pak.SAARC can then be trashed.

7.Sanctions on all intl cos doing biz with Pak,esp arms manufacturers.If they do biz with Pak,either boycott them or leave them last on the list for any orders.Modiji,US cos doing arms trade with Pak cannot expect to sell their wares to India too.This would be hypocrisy of the highest!

8.Active dpl offensive against Pak internationally to declare it a terrorist state deserving of intl eco/arms sanctions and banning it from intl forums.Pak to be treated as a "pariah state". in fact we can now start calling Pak as the "PSP",the "Pariah state of Pakistan".
Insist on the defanging of Pak's N-capability as it is a N-proliferator.

9.Political asylum for all Baluchis,Pashtuns,Sindhis,etc. Allow the setting up of a Baluchi "Govt-in-exile" first.Let the MQM leader Altaf H. in exile in Britain visit India as often as he desires and orchestrate the Sindh independence movement with his colleagues based in India.This will have a dramatic effect with him being so close to Sindh.He then cannot be accused of making anti_Pak statements in Britain compromising his political asylum.
Durand Line to be derecognised by us.

10.A similar setup for the Kashmiri leaders of POK so that they can orchestrate anti-Pak mil action in POK.

With Pak beseiged militarily and politically on so many fronts,it will be a nightmare for the Paki scumbags in command of their pestilential state.

MIlitary options:
1.Covert cross-border ops using spl forces.

2.regular arty barrages hitting Paki positions,exterminating targets of opportunity.A member suggested using our about to expire stockpiles of ammo.V.good idea.target practice put to good use.

3.If we had armed drones,Predator like strikes.

4.Air strikes using stand-off missiles like BMos,etc.Taking out key mil bases/centres as there is no difference between the uniformed Paki scum and the non-uniformed Paki scum whoi cross our border.The usage of so-called "tribals","militants",etc.has been a Paki tactic since 1948.India must drum this into the heads of the international missions in India.

5.Naval covert action using MARCOS commandos to sabotage Paki maritime intersts.LKess elaboration the better.

6.A naval blockade until terror stops.This is an extreme step which could lead to armed conflict ,but it must be planned for.
Keep INS Viraat alive for another 2 years! Don't send her into retirement just as yet Until the new Vikrant arrives. Resurrect the Sea Harriers,get some Harriers from the USM too.She would be most useful in sanitising the western coastline of India upto the Kutch border,allowing the Vik-A full opportunity to mount strikes against all manner of Paki shiipping,both naval and merchant.The Viraat could also be stationed near the Gulf ,Arabian Sea,out of range of Paki aircraft to intercept and destroy her oil tankers/merchant shipping transioting the Suez Canal/Red Sea and Straits of Hormuz.

7.Massive cyberwarfare attack.Introduce viruses into the Paki mil We know what the Israelis did to the Iranians!

8.Start covert ops from bases in Afghanistan and Iran (if willing) primarily into Baluchistan.Hit Gwadar.

9.Prepare for multiple swift sharp IA cross-border/LOC ops to destroy as much of the Paki mil machine as possible and mil bases/terrorist bases.Give Muzzafarabad a pasting from the air.

10.Interception of all Paki merchantmen when necessary in the IOR just as the US does to merchant ships of some nations like NoKo,suspecting them of being involved in terror and N-proliferation.

Just some ideas,members can add their own to the list.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Heard from one more source today that there was some retaliation within hours of Uri. No confirmation. Happy to hear that but also feel like college boy sitting in library looking at pretty girl for 3 hours and then goes back saying "Ah well - I think she looked at me once, when I was looking away"
zoverian
BRFite

Post by zoverian »

I think she looked at me once, when I was looking away.

Oh Boy...that feeling...... :D

very well described.... :)
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

pump chinese and pakistani counterfiet currency back to them .. in way of covert ops ... only way is tit for tat .. if they do 5 do 500 ..we do have a lot of talent !!
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

divert water in Afghanistan and Indus rivers .. both India and Afghanistan needs water more than the terrorist state does
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

economic blockade of paksitan .. the CPEC should not happen ..period .. blow up dams and pipelines the Chinese construct.. the baluchis and those in pok will be more than happy ..
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

all responses should be thought of and sustained .. pakistan has to break up ..no second thoughts here .. no country including the US will help here.. they will be busy trying to maintain the status quo .. which is no longer tenable
zoverian
BRFite

Post by zoverian »

Indus Water Treaty: Blood and water cannot flow together, PM Modi says after the meeting, reports PTI

Breaking News TOI.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

There was a man I saw on TV - I forget his name and he says he has actually written a book on India Pak affairs and has a chapter on the IWT. He says that India is not even using the 20% that it can legally use - so where's the question of blocking. If we must block - the dammed water has to go somewhere - so we need to build canals.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Things are moving fast. Very fast. It's becoming more interesting everyday.
Eagerly waiting for Swaraj's speech today.
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

kapilrdave wrote:Things are moving fast. Very fast. It's becoming more interesting everyday.
Eagerly waiting for Swaraj's speech today.
We are in for some twists and turns. Lets hope its not chest thumping and we actually do shit
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Twists and turns for sure. I think the GOI has a definite objective and a clear plan to achieve it.
What? How? When? It's going to be thrilling as we go through the events.
ani_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ani_sharma »

shiv wrote:Heard from one more source today that there was some retaliation within hours of Uri. No confirmation. Happy to hear that but also feel like college boy sitting in library looking at pretty girl for 3 hours and then goes back saying "Ah well - I think she looked at me once, when I was looking away"
In a way isn't it better they don't tell us this?
While denying anything publicly give IA flexibility to do it again w/o worrying about rona-dhona from aman ki asha gang.
On the other hand, not shaming Pakistan publicly increases their appetite to take hit.

If it is happening, IMO this would be the best strategy which is in simple terms telling the enemy- we mean business!

In a way i would be happy not knowing about covert operations by IA.. as long as i see indication (in long term) that some this is bothering the pakis.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Looks like GHQ has instructed takla basit to tone down the rhetoric ..
Takla toning it down

the bums in GHQ seem to have realized the deep sh!t they've dug themselves into..

With IWT and Baluchistan on the boil, lets see how the bakis like it now .. :twisted:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ani_sharma wrote:
shiv wrote:Heard from one more source today that there was some retaliation within hours of Uri. No confirmation. Happy to hear that but also feel like college boy sitting in library looking at pretty girl for 3 hours and then goes back saying "Ah well - I think she looked at me once, when I was looking away"
In a way isn't it better they don't tell us this?
While denying anything publicly give IA flexibility to do it again w/o worrying about rona-dhona from aman ki asha gang.
On the other hand, not shaming Pakistan publicly increases their appetite to take hit.

If it is happening, IMO this would be the best strategy which is in simple terms telling the enemy- we mean business!

In a way i would be happy not knowing about covert operations by IA.. as long as i see indication (in long term) that some this is bothering the pakis.
This time I heard some details which I won't bother repeating because it will sound like waving an erect dick in the air. But overall - going back over the events and the rumours, the hints and the loud cracking down on rumour mongers and the cooling of seething anger in some sources suggests that action has taken place. I would not worry about it and let us move forward
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Still can't presume that the terror sponsors will be either be deterred or be ordered to stop what they do because of any change in IWT policy. In fact, they will have new justification of calling for jihad.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

shiv wrote:There was a man I saw on TV - I forget his name and he says he has actually written a book on India Pak affairs and has a chapter on the IWT. He says that India is not even using the 20% that it can legally use - so where's the question of blocking. If we must block - the dammed water has to go somewhere - so we need to build canals.
There is truth to it. Ravi, Beas and Sutlej are exclusively for Indian use, yet we allow waters from them to flow into Pakistan.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

i would still say Pakistan has to come apart even if the pakis tone down their rhetoric.. it is a long term existential threat for India and China s ace to Indias heart land .. no CPEC and no pakistan .. this must be a long term and sustained effort on part of India .. a rabid dog can be dealt with in only one way
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Suhasini Haidar ‏@suhasinih 3h3 hours ago
Sources: PM said at the meeting that "Blood and Water can't flow side by side", suspends Indus commission talks, but not a review of treaty
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

To add to Phillip's list: Stroke Pashtun Nationalism. 20% of the PA is Pashtun. 2/3rd of Pashtun live east of the Durrand line. Pashtuns of both sides of the Durand do not recognize the division. Quetta the largest city of Baluchistan is Pashtun majority. Using the Afghanistan government as a proxy, supported by India and Russia, a pressure point can be created on Pakistan's western front with a vertical division of the Pakistani state and army. Such a division serves Indian interests and will make a "stable" state with access to the sea and enough resources at hand to build a modern republic - which is multi ethnic. This is a long drawn out project but has a clear goal. In the short term, it will provide Pakistan an immediate credible alternative threat to think about. India can use Chabahar to build up its strength in the area and virtually bank roll the always historically dependent region of Afghanistan. Baluchistan by itself cannot be a credible state, we can at best use it to create some noise but does not have a clear long term objective.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

more like it .. keep pakistan busy in its internal quagmire .. this is better .. serves that CPEC gets its share of explosions and sabotage on a daily basis
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

ANI ‏@ANI_news 6m6 minutes ago
Suspension of Indus water commission talks & review of Tulbul project are the first steps taken by India: Government sources

ANI ‏@ANI_news 5m5 minutes ago
Depending on Pakistan's response, India may take further action: Government sources
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

This is saber rattling on water ..... But I am all for it.

For sure it sends out a signal to Bakis but without any infra to divert water OUT of the region its impact is going to be minimal. Even if we abrogate the treaty it wont matter much.

But theek hai, the jingos wanted *action*, Modi is giving the impression of *visible* reaction accompanied with a lot of sound and fury inside and outside our TV studios.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Been out of the country for a while with only limited access to BRF.

Another sting by the proverbial scorpion who can't help himself. However, this time the Fox will not drown and certainly will not be quiet. In NM, I truly believe we have a leader who feels our pain and is willing to do something about it.

Yes, war is the sad reality, but it began a long time ago and we are, for the first time in a position to be able to fight back in our own way. I think the way forward is to become so strong economically, militarily and politically in the international arena that the Bakis become irrelevant and self-destruct. We can and should help them along the way of course, and from what I am reading between the lines, this is already happening.

While it would warm the cockles of our collective hearts, all-out war, IMHO is not in our best interest right now.

In the meantime, I am all for covert actions that pay them back in their own coin. It is vital that it happens, not just for national pride and morale but also to send the message back to the Baki establishment - enough is enough! Perception is everything in the political game.
ashthor
BRFite

Post by ashthor »

We should reclaim Haji Pir pass.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Guddu wrote:I too think they are waiting for Rawheel to retire, not because the next guy will be softer, but this is a way to make paki civilian leadership stronger and the military subordinate.
I also found that a plausible argument, until I took it to the logical next step which was that his successor COAS will also be coming in hard to prove how macho he is against India, a Baki tradition that has been previously observed and recorded on BR.

Therefore we will neither make the civilian establishment stronger then or now.

This line of thinking may be right or wrong, but let's not delude ourselves that it is a prelude to action. It only postpones the need to act to a time when we can all forget about the need to take action in the first place.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

I love the way SS speaks. Wish she had a tele prompter, her facial expressions with the speech would have been in full fury for the Bakis to see!
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

kit wrote:economic blockade of paksitan .. the CPEC should not happen ..period .. blow up dams and pipelines the Chinese construct.. the baluchis and those in pok will be more than happy ..

Open bar party saar ?