Army strikes terror camps in PoK

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Re: Army strikes terror camps in PoK

Post by Bhaskar_T »

1 BSF Jawan martyred. Below quote is from AAJTAK live feed - http://aajtak.intoday.in/story/terroris ... 90742.html
जम्मू-कश्मीर के बारामूला में सेना के कैंप पर आतंकी हमले की खबर है. ये हमला रविवार रात करीब 10:30 बजे 46राष्ट्रीय रायफल्स के कैंप पर किया गया. सेना और आतंकियों के बीच करीब डेढ़ घंटे तक गोलीबारी जारी रही. हालांकि आतंकी 46 RR कैंप में नहीं घुस पाए. आतंकियों ने नजदीकी पब्लिक पार्क के जरिए घुसने की कोशिश की. सेना ने मुठभेड़ में 2 आतंकियों को ढेर कर दिया, जबकि गोलीबारी में बीएसएफ का एक जवान शहीद हो गया है, जबकि 1 जवान घायल है.
jagga
BRFite

Post by jagga »

It's a routine terror attack, one of many hundred's we have faced. But paap ka ghada is full now!
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Attack at a jt IA/RR camp.One BSF jawan and two pigs killed.Details in terror response td.
MohdKav
BRFite

Post by MohdKav »

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Br0Hm_8UI[/youtube]

Check from 8.15 onwards, Pakistan is backtracking from their usual, "we the bum" talk! This strike has created space for conventional warfare, Indian politicians will be more than emboldened to use it more often
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

This Sharif is not gonna sigh off with Sharafat it seems. Some more public humiliation for him is being asked for. We should oblige.

RIP BSF jawan.

I am soooo pissed at some usual suspects who are trying to make it a counter attack - eg. Malini P. That's old bitch. PTs should help break this narrative that its a counter attack on SM. Make no mistake. This is not a counter attack. Uri was not a counter attack, Pathankot was not, neither were so many countless before. This is just the continuation of the ATTACK on us.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

guys dont discuss the baramulla attack here. I am locking this thread.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

unlocked.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I am going to make a post here and report my own post.

There are too many threads about border and COIN ops
1. This one
2. India's retaliation options viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7152
3. CT and COIN ops viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5266
4. India border watch. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6510

I think at least 3 of these threads must be locked because there is now mish mash of threads and even admins seem to be doing contradictory stuff locking and unlocking.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

nothing contradictory at all.

1. about a particular op. if this one doesn't deserve its own thread on BR I dont know what does. not a COIN thread. was locked to prevent it from becoming another border thread.
2. generic thread about responses. not a COIN or border thread.
3. THE COIN thread. mostly does not have anything to do with border.
4. thread OP quite clearly lays down mandate of the thread.
Objective of this thread: India shares long and complex borders with multiple countries. This thread will collate news, information and discussion on security operations, artillery exchanges, incidents, bandobast (fencing etc) related topics on the following:

- Sir Creek
- IB with Pakistan
- LoC
- LAC
- India-Bhutan
- Bangladesh
- Myanmar
- Nepal
- Airspace

Aim is to create an archive to serve as ready reference in future.

Exclusions from this thread:

- High Level border dispute and dialogue
- Siachen & AGPL
- Counter Terror operations & COIN
- General issues and related to BSF and other agencies
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

http://m.hindustantimes.com/india-news/ ... Y6MzM.html

Totslly a different story

One jawan stepped on mine.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Here is a video I am X Posting from TSP Multimedia thread (Prem ji had posted it there). Watch to understand LOC and how people move about. A Pakistani is saying it so for some it may be more credible or not but the description of LOC posts, fencing and movement is not inaccurate. You make take their analysis for what there analysis always is.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Rahul M wrote:nothing contradictory at all.

1. about a particular op. if this one doesn't deserve its own thread on BR I dont know what does. not a COIN thread. was locked to prevent it from becoming another border thread.
Where does the Baramulla attack fit in? Intuitively, when a person opens up the forum and wants to post something about the Baramulla attack or any other attack that may take place later this year, which thread does he go to without having to open up 3 other threads and take a call?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

deejay wrote:Here is a video I am X Posting from TSP Multimedia thread (Prem ji had posted it there). Watch to understand LOC and how people move about. A Pakistani is saying it so for some it may be more credible or not but the description of LOC posts, fencing and movement is not inaccurate. You make take their analysis for what there analysis always is.

Please start watching from here and then ask if Pakistanis do not mistakenly cross the border and only indians do
https://youtu.be/ieAcGq02EGI?t=281
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Shivaji wrote:"I met a 22-year-old Gorkha soldier who had just returned from a punishing patrol.
His commanding officer called me a few months later breaking the news that the soldier had passed."

I think it meant to say soldier passed the exam and not "passed away". At least line next to above para seems to indicate so.
Thanks for pointing that out. I did interpret this wrongly

I still wonder how the Nepali Gurkhas who work with the Indian army shape public opinion back in their native areas.
SPattath
BRFite

Post by SPattath »

Our NSA just had a meeting with the Chinese Ambassador, Looks like something more is cooking.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

SPattath wrote:Our NSA just had a meeting with the Chinese Ambassador, Looks like something more is cooking.
This is playing out eerily like Vivek Ahuja's scenario in FENIX... :D
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

In respect of injury due to stepping on a mine, this narrative was there from the start and may be true.

The attack in Baramulla is on expected lines and as per the reports our forces took care to ensure that there is no breach. But there is a loss of life and injuries on our side. Once again we need to do something "at the time and place of our choosing." The manner of response may be different. Maybe few ships lobbing few shells by mistake or bombs falling from AC's due to technical faults or some bomb going under D man a$$ etc.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Let us not delude ourself. In diplomacy the gains are incremental. If we have convinced the Chinese to not giving a statement in the recent strike or another nibble attempt on our border, then it is a gain if not a victory of sorts for us. This IMO, has already been achieved to an extent
Arjun Gupta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Arjun Gupta »

India has to convince 3 countries namely Saudi Arabia, China, and USA
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

https://www.rt.com/news/361408-saudi-ar ... -calendar/

Saudis already do not have any money. Without that, there is no supporting of pakis.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Kashi wrote:
SPattath wrote:Our NSA just had a meeting with the Chinese Ambassador, Looks like something more is cooking.
This is playing out eerily like Vivek Ahuja's scenario in FENIX... :D
IMHO AD met his chinese counterpart to discuss China's extension of its technical hold on Masood Azhar's terror listing at UN
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Cross post from dfi. I am now fairly convinced that there were indeed multiple cross loc incursions. There were also feint missions. Only the last one was officially acknowledged. Whether all lead to kinetic action is also a question but I am leaning towards revenge was already taken before #surgicalStrike
Navnit Kundu, post: 1211471, member: 20300 wrote:Just back from meeting GD Bakshi today.

Key data points revealed during the meeting :

Our guys had crawled into POK 7 days before the actual assault took place. They conducted recon, sent back the data, then the assault team went in and finished the job. 70 absolutely confirmed kills, possibly more died in the explosions.

Things not said directly, but alluded to :

The government is planning to make some sort of documentary/compilation and reveal information about the strike. I feel they might make some Nat Geo type documentary like the US made about their Osama raid or reveal the information is some other way, but more information is going to be deliberately released, that is for sure, because multiple panelists kept saying when asked about the raids, "I wont say more, you will have to wait for the government to reveal it"

gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Arjun Gupta wrote:India has to convince 3 countries namely Saudi Arabia, China, and USA

India just has to convince itself....
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

Baramulla retaliation in quick time:

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/782921120185880576

120 mm mortar used. Firing upto 6 km inside enemy territory.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

Shivaji wrote:Baramulla retaliation in quick time:

What I love here is that we were attacked by un-uniformed jihadis a Baramulla, but the retaliation was against the uniformed jihadis. Because really, what's the difference anyway?
zoverian
BRFite

Post by zoverian »

Shaktimaan wrote:

What I love here is that we were attacked by un-uniformed jihadis a Baramulla, but the retaliation was against the uniformed jihadis. Because really, what's the difference anyway?

Too good :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Am completely unfamiliar with matters military. Would use of cruise missiles be effective in LOC? Or would that be viewed as an escalation?
adityadange
BRFite

Post by adityadange »

komal wrote:

Am completely unfamiliar with matters military. Would use of cruise missiles be effective in LOC? Or would that be viewed as an escalation?
That is surely an escalation. besides firing a cruise missile is more expensive option that using mortar/artillery
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

^^ Cruiise missiles are meant for high value targets that may be out of reach in a conventional setting. We are talking about targets several kilometres away. Hafeez Saeed playing with mijjile in Muridke for instance.

Why would you need one to hit a jihadi consummating his marriage with a khusbu 4-6 km away, when a mortar is enough?
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Baki bluff has been called and they have been found nanga. We should keep pushing the red-lines from hereon. Next target - a warship or a sub during the war game. We can keep that secret though as to raise their appetite for more and more. As IA said, their denying the attacks suits us.
pushkar.bhat
BRFite

Post by pushkar.bhat »

komal wrote:

Cruze mizzile is very costly for these vermins. for now let them reach their 72 on account of simple mortars and L70 shells.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

As I suggested some mistakes like accidentally taking out an AC or drowning a navy ship need to happen.

Maybe few very senior rtd uniformed jihadis get a heart attack while partying in US bars or brothels. I think heart decease is a great bringer of peace to the pakis.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

surgical strikes are like hemorrhoids/piles surgical operation. Surgeon tells everyone that operation was successful but the patient wants to keep it a secret. Pakistan denial is totally justifiable.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

120mm mortar round explosive content is equal to 155 howitzer round. In normal skirmishes only 51mm or max 81mm mortar rounds are used. 120mm mortar rounds are serious business.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

SBajwa wrote:surgical strikes are like hemorrhoids/piles surgical operation. Surgeon tells everyone that operation was successful but the patient wants to keep it a secret. Pakistan denial is totally justifiable.
:rotfl: sir ji this is tweet of the day
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Indeed... :lol:
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

adityadange wrote:
komal wrote:
That is surely an escalation. besides firing a cruise missile is more expensive option that using mortar/artillery
But but just today Bakistani NSA (ganja no 2) informed the bakistani media that Indian NSA talked to him and it was decided not to escalate the situation.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

shiv wrote:
Rahul M wrote:nothing contradictory at all.

Where does the Baramulla attack fit in? Intuitively, when a person opens up the forum and wants to post something about the Baramulla attack or any other attack that may take place later this year, which thread does he go to without having to open up 3 other threads and take a call?

Baramulla is a normal jihadi terrorist attack not a retaliation as some in media want to say. It goes into the India Border Watch thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6510&start=1320

Thanks,

ramana
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Ajai Shukla on Tv news quoted his sources and said that Baramulla was friendly fire between indian forces
He does have an alternate reading of every incident it seems
:((
maitya
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by maitya »

Hang on!! Isn't it that the Pigs used 120mm heavy mortar during last year (Aug 2015) shelling?

So exactly where is the escalation in this, we are merely being equal-equal here :twisted: - as I've said before, yeh dil maange more!!