Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

Post by Philip »

Trump has apologised but the groper...sorry,genie is out of the bottle!
No chance now for him to talk about Bill's sexcapoades!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... epublicans
Donald Trump forced to apologise as sex boast tape horrifies Republicans
Party and rivals condemn candidate over 2005 recording bragging about being able to grope women because of his fame
Play VideoPlay

Donald Trump’s sex boasts: ‘When you are a star they let you do anything’
Ben Jacobs and Sabrina Siddiqui in Washington
Saturday 8 October 2016

Donald Trump has been forced to apologise after a storm of condemnation and disavowals by fellow Republicans and opponents alike over obscene boasts about using his fame to sexually prey on women.

Trump’s presidential campaign was plunged into crisis on Friday when a tape recording from 2005 emerged in which he brags to a TV host that when approaching beautiful women he can “grab them by the pussy” and kiss and grope them because he is a star.

In the conversation taking place on a bus, Trump tells Billy Bush – a cousin of George and Jeb Bush who was the then host of Access Hollywood – about his approach with women as they prepare to meet a soap opera star for a segment.

The newly married Trump reminisces about making a pass at a married woman. “I moved on her and I failed, I’ll admit it … I did try and ****** her. She was married.” The Republican nominee goes on to describe his efforts at seduction by saying: “I moved on her like a bitch but I couldn’t get there and she was married …

“I am automatically attracted to beautiful women. I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss, I don’t even wait … and when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.”

Bush banters with Trump and eggs him on before the businessman says: “Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”

The comments, made on live microphone, were revealed by the Washington Post on Friday.

Hillary Clinton, the Democratic candidate for president, said via Twitter: “This is horrific. We cannot allow this man to become president.”

Trump initially dismissed the vulgar bragging as “locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago”. He added: “Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course – not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended.”

But as one Republican after another lined up to condemn the lewd banter – including the Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, who cancelled a joint campaign appearance – Trump was forced to prepare a fuller apology.

In a 90-second video released after midnight, Trump said: “Anyone who knows me knows these words don’t reflect who I am. I said it. I am wrong. I apologize.

“I’ve never said I am a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I am not. I’ve said and done things I regret and the words released today on this more than decade-old video are one of them.”

However, Trump characteristically tried to turn to his advantage a situation brought about by his own outrageous behaviour – by pointing the finger at someone else.

He continued: “I’ve said some foolish things but there is a big difference between the words and actions of other people. Bill Clinton has actually abused women and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims. We will discuss this more in the coming days. See you at the debate on Sunday.”

‘I was wrong’: Donald Trump apologises for vulgar comments
The latest controversy sent Trump’s party into yet another frenzy, with Republican lawmakers having to once again issue swift condemnations of their own standard bearer.

Ryan, the top-ranking Republican in Washington, said he was “sickened” by the recording and that Trump would no longer appear at what would have been their first campaign event together in Ryan’s home state of Wisconsin on Saturday. Trump confirmed that his running mate, the Indiana governor, Mike Pence, would take his place at the Republican county festival.

Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, said Trump’s remarks were “unacceptable in any circumstance”.

“As the father of three daughters, I strongly believe that Trump needs to apologize directly to women and girls everywhere, and take full responsibility for the utter lack of respect for women shown in his comments on that tape,” McConnell said.

But neither of the Republican leaders withdrew their endorsements of Trump.

Some members of Trump’s party, however, signaled any patience they might have had was gone, including a group from Utah where Trump has struggled to find support among a heavily Mormon population.

Gary Herbert, the Republican governor of Utah, wrote on Twitter that Trump’s remarks were “beyond offensive and despicable”.

“While I cannot vote for Hillary Clinton, I will not vote for Trump,” he said.

Jason Chaffetz, the Republican congressman who chairs the House committee that is investigating Clinton’s use of a private email server, also withdrew his support.

“I’m out – I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person for president,” Chaffetz told a Fox television affiliate. “It is some of the most abhorrent and offensive comments that you can possibly imagine.” He said he could no longer look his 15-year-old daughter or wife in the eye while backing Trump. On CNN, Chaffetz claimed Trump had only “apologised for getting caught”.

The former Utah governor Jon Huntsman, who ran unsuccessfully for the Republican nomination in 2012, said Trump should drop out of the race. Mitt Romney, who in 2012 became the first Mormon presidential nominee of a major party, said: “Hitting on married women? Condoning assault? Such vile degradations demean our wives and daughters and corrupt America’s face to the world.”

Mike Lee, a Utah senator well regarded across the conservative movement who had already declined to endorse Trump because of his attacks on Ted Cruz, joined a chorus of voices calling on Trump to step aside.

“You, sir, are a distraction. Your conduct is a distraction. This can’t continue. It’s time for us not to settle. It’s time for us to expect more.”

There was some milder criticism from vulnerable senators whose re-election bids will determine whether Republicans maintain their precarious control over the US Senate in November.

Marco Rubio, the Florida senator who sparred bitterly with Trump in the Republican presidential primary, said the comments “were vulgar, egregious and impossible to justify”.

“No one should ever talk about any woman in those terms, even in private,” said Rubio, who nonetheless plans to vote for Trump next month.

Senator John McCain of Arizona said there were “no excuses for Donald Trump’s offensive and demeaning comments”.

“No woman should ever be victimized by this kind of inappropriate behavior,” the 2008 Republican presidential nominee said in a statement. “He alone bears the burden of his conduct and alone should suffer the consequences.”

But McCain similarly declined to rescind his endorsement of Trump.

There were similar statements from senators Rob Portman of Ohio, Richard Burr of North Carolina, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania and Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire: Trump’s “offensive and unacceptable comments” deserved rebuke but not quite retreat.

Trump – who got his start in political life by spreading the lie that Barack Obama was not born in the US – has a history of offensive statements towards women, minorities, foreigners and non-white constituents.

He launched his campaign in June 2015 by suggesting that Mexico was deliberately sending rapists across the border into the US. He has attacked the Muslim parents of a soldier killed in Iraq; accused the federal judge Gonzalo Curiel of being biased because of his Mexican background; declared that McCain, a survivor of torture, was not a war hero because he was captured; and called for a blanket ban on all Muslims entering the country.

Regarding women, Trump insinuated that the Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly asked him tough questions in the first primary debate because she was menstruating. He described former rival Carly Fiorina as being unattractive. In the first presidential debate in September, Trump was criticized by Clinton for calling a Venezuelan winner of the Miss Universe competition “Miss Piggy” and “Miss Housekeeping”. In response, he used Twitter to falsely claim that the woman, Alicia Machado, had made a sex tape.

A recent YouGov poll for the Economist showed that 68% of female voters had either a somewhat unfavorable or very unfavorable view of Trump.

Cruz was arguably among the most flat-footed in reacting to the latest fallout. The senator and father of two daughters described Trump’s comments as “disturbing and inappropriate”.

“There is simply no excuse for them,” Cruz tweeted, adding that “every wife, mother, daughter – every person – deserves to be treated with dignity and respect”.

But the timing for the senator, who has described the real estate developer as “a pathological liar” and “serial philanderer”, could not be more inopportune.

In July, Cruz withheld his support for Trump and urged fellow Republicans to “vote your conscience”, but two weeks ago, he gave the candidate his endorsement. After the release of the tape, Cruz’s condemnation failed to go so far as withdrawing that endorsement.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

"It's no excuse, but this happened 11 years ago - I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along. I'm very sorry." - Trump

I don't why people are making such a big deal about something that happened way way back when Donald was just an immature 59 year old unlike the seasoned statesman that he is today.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

We'll his positions have clearly been evolving ;) Seriously though, Little Billy Bush came through where Jeb and even GW (South Carolina) failed..

DonaltTrump wrote:
“I’ve never said I am a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I am not.

Donald Trump masqueraded as publicist to brag about himself

CNN Rolls Out Two Witnesses and an Audio Forensics Expert to Confirm Trump Is ‘John Miller
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

I don't think that is the end of this. He's been taped 24/7 around that time and he's never stopped yakking because a camera is around. There will be more.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

As someone who has no dog in the fight and will most likely be voting Mcmullin one can't help but be amused. It isn't like there weren't folks within the GOP warning of this months earlier.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramovitch/sta ... 1661644800

They should be taking bets in Vegas on how many apologies Trump issues before finally getting one right.
Last edited by brar_w on 08 Oct 2016 18:14, edited 3 times in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

No chance now for him to talk about Bill's sexcapoades!
When was there ever a chance?

Left hand and right hand.

The only qualification both might agree on.

Besides both have been, until these elections, very close buddies. Have shared their escapades.

Go figure.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Not sure if we will have any shoes left to fall.

Sen. Mike Lee urges Trump to quit, as Utah Republicans abandon their party’s nominee
“Your conduct, sir, is the distraction,” said Lee, speaking on Facebook live not long after Trump’s much-delayed apology video. “It’s the distraction from the very principles that will help us win in November. You yourself, sir, Mr. Trump, have stated repeatedly that the goal, the objective, has got to be to defeat Hillary Clinton in November. I couldn’t agree more. Mr. Trump, I respectfully ask you, with all due respect to step aside. Step down. Allow someone else to carry the banner of these principles.”
Time for wikileak to shut down. No more value left.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ Problem is that Trump is locked in the ballots. Early voting has already started; most states require a withdrawal at a date much earlier than the four weeks left for the elections.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Legalities aside (he can't be replaced unless he voluntarily withdraws), this "show" is about being able to say (a few years from now) that you asked for his removal and therefore can't be blamed (whatever the blame may be).

http://www.evolutionunderwater.com/img/ ... 0350-3.jpg
Last edited by brar_w on 08 Oct 2016 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

While Trump is cooking in his own juices, Hillary is dismantling herself with her PAID speeches to the financial industry!!!!!

This is an utter failure on the part of the American people. For failing to be engaged in the one process that they should and getting distracted by pay checks and other riff-raff s.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

NRao wrote:While Trump is cooking in his own juices, Hillary is dismantling herself with her PAID speeches to the financial industry!!!!!

This is an utter failure on the part of the American people. For failing to be engaged in the one process that they should and getting distracted by pay checks and other riff-raff s.
He has an incredible ability to shoot himself in the foot just at the right time..When BK should be on the back foot issuing clarifications and what not. Why stop now!
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Actually, what we know about Hillary Clinton's paid speeches to the financial industry from Podesta's leaked email show that she is pragmatic, not an ideologue. If what is in the Podesta email is the most "damaging" things she said, she's good.

Here: read for yourself:
https://wikileaks.com/podesta-emails/emailid/927
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

It would have mattered if she were going up against Bernie Sanders or someone with similar agenda/policy and rhetoric. She is going up against Donald Trump and his Economic Team.

It would also be naive to expect the general public to go over 2000 (or 50,000) hacked emails that no one in the media (or anyone else) can legitimately identify as being 100% accurate and un-edited (even if they are) when they can just watch a 60 second clip of Trump talking about grabbing women "by the P***Y".

All this would have had an impact if there was a "normal" opponent and not an unhinged champion of the alt-right movement.
Last edited by brar_w on 08 Oct 2016 18:51, edited 4 times in total.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

brar_w wrote:Legalities aside (he can't be replaced unless he voluntarily withdraws), this "show" is about being able to say (a few years from now) that you asked for his removal and therefore can't be blamed (whatever the blame may be).

http://www.evolutionunderwater.com/img/ ... 0350-3.jpg
Danger is - you could get primaried for 'betrayal'
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Here's Mike Pence talking about Donald Trump yesterday :)

https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/784514856783228928
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Trump's natural instincts (in absence of a teleprompter) are to hit back harder. That is what he is likely to do. However, I am not sure what is "harder" here. His own words have knocked him pretty hard, what can he say/do to counter that I am not too sure. At this point Bill Clinton rehash is too weak and reprogramming is too late.

I wonder if Pence is feeling the heat and is willing to step back. Pence is not in the same league as Trump - women wise that is.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Trump Issues Midnight Statement To Contain Tape Fallout As Ryan Cancels "Unity" Event, Chaffetz Pulls Support

DTs self-destruction, just in time for the next debate, looks like is on track to support the CT, that right from the beginning DT's only goal was to clear the field for HRC to be the next POTUS. And, he is working hard at it, and surprisingly getting successful. Popular vote may still go in favor of DT, but will the electoral vote?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Utah seems to leading the effort to displace Trump. In fact, some out there are calling for Pence to take over.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2377281/
America’s First Amphetamine Epidemic 1929–1971
Am J Public Health. 2008 June; 98(6): 974–985.
The first amphetamine epidemic was iatrogenic, created by the pharmaceutical industry and (mostly) well-meaning prescribers. The current amphetamine resurgence began through a combination of recreational drug fashion cycles and increased illicit supply since the late 1980s. On the basis of treatment admissions data, methamphetamine abuse doubled in the United States from 1983 to 1988, doubled again between 1988 and 1992, and then quintupled from 1992 to 2002. According to usage surveys, during 2004, some 3 million Americans consumed amphetamine-type stimulants of all kinds nonmedically, twice the number of a decade earlier. As noted, 250000 to 350000 of them were addicted. Thus, in terms of absolute numbers, the current epidemic has now reached approximately the same extent and severity as that of the original epidemic at its peak in 1970, when there were roughly 3.8 million past-year nonmedical amphetamine users, about 320 000 of whom were addicted. (Of course, the national population then was about 200 million compared with 300 million today, meaning that in relative terms today’s epidemic is only two thirds as extensive.)

Another striking similarity between present and past epidemics relates to the role of pharmaceutical amphetamines. Although illicitly manufactured methamphetamine launched the current epidemic, in step with rising amphetamine abuse in recent years, the United States has seen a surge in the legal supply and use of amphetamine-type attention deficit medications, such as Ritalin (methylphenidate) and Adderall (amphetamine). American physicians, much more than those in other countries, apparently are again finding it difficult to resist prescribing stimulants that patients and parents consider necessary, or at least helpful, in their struggle with everyday duties. According to DEA production data, since 1995, medical consumption of these drugs has more than quintupled, and in 2005, for the first time exceeded amphetamine consumption for medical use at the epidemic’s original peak: 2.5 billion 10-mg amphetamine base units in 1969 vs 2.6 billion comparable units in 2005. Thus, just as the absolute prevalence of amphetamine abuse and dependency have now reached levels matching the original epidemic’s peak, so has the supply of medical amphetamines.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

NRao wrote:Utah seems to leading the effort to displace Trump. In fact, some out there are calling for Pence to take over.
Even before all this only 14% of GOP's caucused for DT in Utah. Its the LDS+Romney factor.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/utah

While no one expected UTAH to go BLUE despite DT, it would be interesting to see how the polls shape up there given the recent development and the fact that there is a Mormon on the ballot now.
Last edited by brar_w on 08 Oct 2016 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ Why Mormons don't like Trump:
from Slate, August 4,2016
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... trump.html
In late June, Tea Party–backed Sen. Mike Lee of Utah responded angrily to a conservative radio host who chastised him for failing to toe the party line and endorse Trump. To explain his refusal to back the nominee, Lee pointed to Trump’s “religiously intolerant” statements, which have made him “widely unpopular in my state, in part because my state consists of people who are members of a religious minority church.” Citing one of the darkest days of the Mormons’ long history of enduring state-sponsored religious persecution, Lee continued, the Mormons are “a people who were ordered exterminated by the governor of Missouri in 1838. And statements like … [banning Muslims from the U.S.] make them nervous.”
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

I and others of Indian origin will be voting for Trump regardless of what he says simply because HRC is anti-Indian. That is the ONLY litmus test I am using. There is a full track record from 1993-2013 on the Clinton Crime Family toward India. The rest of the difference means nothing in practical terms. Will Rogers said it best - there ain't a lick of difference between the two parties.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

HRC:
In closed-door speeches to Wall Street banks, Clinton apparently backed “open trade and open borders” and suggested that bankers are best positioned to know how the industry should be regulated.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Viv S wrote:"It's no excuse, but this happened 11 years ago - I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along. I'm very sorry." - Trump

I don't why people are making such a big deal about something that happened way way back when Donald was just an immature 59 year old unlike the seasoned statesman that he is today.
What he is saying is his little thing was still working when he was 59, now it is not. He knows now he is now "mature". But honestly, I sometimes wonder, how much of America actually identify with such behavior. I ask as there have been many many such atrocious sex scandals with hardly any effect to their political popularities.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

It appears Mr Pence just realized how this election is going to end -

"As a husband and a father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the 11-year-old video released yesterday. I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them." - Mike Pence
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Viv S wrote:It appears Mr Pence just realized how this election is going to end -

"As a husband and a father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the 11-year-old video released yesterday. I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them." - Mike Pence
Seems more was said that would be relevant.

"As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the 11-year-old video released yesterday," Mike Pence said. "I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them. I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people. We pray for his family"

And after praying, Pence has gone back to work (for Trump).
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

GShankar wrote:Seems more was said that would be relevant.

"As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the 11-year-old video released yesterday," Mike Pence said. "I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them. I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people. We pray for his family"

And after praying, Pence has gone back to work (for Trump).
Of course, Pence isn't quitting the race, that's not an option for him. His statement however isn't going to help Trump's cause. Can't really blame him really since unlike Trump, Pence still has a political career to look out for post-election.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

is it really the end of road for trump.
He is not the one to quit. he has said he is not a loser :((

Many have done what trump has done. heck even bill has done but was very clever. doe snot have foot in the mouth disease. probably the differentiating factor. :rotfl: :mrgreen:

Among the voters, commiitted are trump voters.
probabaly undecided ones are going against him-- the question is if these voters also vote against clinton. Then Trump might have an outside chance of win due to vote katua of gary johnson and jill stein. very very interesting if this hapopens in close fought states. :-?
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Among the voters, commiitted are trump voters.
probabaly undecided ones are going against him-- the question is if these voters also vote against clinton. Then Trump might have an outside chance of win due to vote katua of gary johnson and jill stein. very very interesting if this hapopens in close fought states.
Trump got around 12 Million votes in the GOP primary. That is probably 10% of the expected overall turnout in November. Over the last 24 hours, more than 20 Senators and Congressmen/women have either come out opposed to him, un-endorsed him or have said that they will not vote for him. He was well below Romney levels when it came to coalescing support within the GOP. Expect that to be eroded by a fairly substantial margin when polling data over the next week or so is released.

His own VP candidate refused to campaign for him today and he politically probably already has 2020 in his sight. Furthermore, Carson pretty much confirmed (after speaking to Trump) that there is plenty of more 'material' out there that is likely to trickle in over the next couple of weeks. NBC is probably going over hundreds of hours of tape they when he was with them.

Prior to p***ygate he had a few very bad weeks, pretty much since the first debate and the subsequent fight he picked with a former beauty pageant, falsely accusing her of making a sextape etc etc. Things looked extremely difficult for him then, and they will only get worst now. We are talking about extremely small margins in terms of vote swings in Ohio and Florida (Both margin of error states) and with changing demographics in VA and CO (both getting racially more diverse, young and educated) HRC already had a cushion that will now be next to impossible to overcome.

Garry Johnson and Jill Stein don't have the popularity to make anything other than a popular vote dent. There is very little they can hurt either candidate in the swing states over and above what they may do to themselves (as in TRUMP). Also, Jill Stein's voter turnout is likely to be affected by what special Whole Foods is running on election day.

DIE HARD supporters and keeping them isn't really his problem. His problem is with women, hispanics, african americans, asian-americans, and college educated white voters. And NOTHING he had said and done between the first debate and the current controversy helped him with any of those. The current scandal hurts him 'Bigly.
Last edited by brar_w on 09 Oct 2016 06:24, edited 1 time in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Sitting presidents have done worse.

But, they never had to face an election, nor as far as I can tell, was anyone this openly boastful :wink: . Trump ........... Is just fun.

But, his dutiful wife just issued a statement, what else. What he did was really bad, but that is not the man I know, so vote for him. Not a bad way to enjoy the spoils of the white house.

And that Nancy? Has issued a statement too. Too bland. Cannot be part of any debate.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Feel bad for his 10 year old.

However, just came back from a gathering of about 40-50 NRIs. Could not find one that would vote for Trump. None liked Hillary. But, IF they do vote (most may not even do that) they would vote Hillary.

Added l8r:

Cnn.com: "OK to call Ivanka 'a piece of ass,' Trump told Stern"

Time to turn off the TV and go to bed. This guy is bader than the word bad. He make bad people look pretty good.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Note to everyone: Stop filling up the US threads with the sleazy details and aftermaths of their politician's private actions. We dont care if their candidates groped or still do, because it is an internal matter of the US. As in India, hopefully their law will take its own course as they too have some form of a judicial system. What the candidates do or say during US Elections are an internal issue of the US and only those issues that pertain to India, is of interest in this forum.

Please post only those relevant to India
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

hnair wrote:Note to everyone: Stop filling up the US threads with the sleazy details and aftermaths of their politician's private actions. We dont care if their candidates groped or still do, because it is an internal matter of the US. As in India, hopefully their law will take its own course as they too have some form of a judicial system. What the candidates do or say during US Elections are an internal issue of the US and only those issues that pertain to India, is of interest in this forum.

Please post only those relevant to India
What you are saying should apply to the "India-US relations: News and Discussions III thread". This is " Understanding the United States of America (USA)" thread and all discussion which leads to a better understanding of USA should be allowed here. Most of it is not going to be linked to India but still Indians need to know if they want to understand why USA acts the way it does.

Otherwise we don't need these two separate threads. Just my 2 cents.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Trump is not going to win.
Tonight will seal it...
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Donny did far better (with the exception of totally disagreeing with Pence on Syria).

But, this was a tie. That should keep Hillary in the lead, IMHO.

On to the polls and the next debate on the 19th.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Trump came out swinging and landed many. Hilary was defending most of the time and had trouble which accusations to respond to as Trump rattled a dozen Everytime he spoke.

His base would be delirious. And he may have stopped the bleed. But he is not going to reverse it.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

DT actually said bluntly: "Syria is fighting ISIS. Russia is fighting ISIS. Iran is fighting ISIS. You don't know who these rebels are that you are supporting. You give money to someone and you don't know who they are..." First American politician to tell the truth, while Killary lied through her canines saying that Russia had **NOT** hit the ISIS (Remember Palmyra, anyone?). Liar!

How relevant to US-India relations? Can't we use some honesty in DupleeCity?
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

If America has any intelligence they will chose Donald Trump. UB I saw for the first time the entire debate that bitch lied throughout. The most disgusting piece of garbage. Trump will put her in Jail, she richly deserves it.

UB last few years I do not watch TV, because I know everything is a lie on TV. U saw what they are doing, nothing is neutral in this country the entire media class without exception is against trump including that faggot and the old fart who conducted the debate today( hint the J word ). Do these traitors love their jobs so much that they care a hoot about their country ? This country is in a shit hole man.The man clearly said one against three