India-US relations: News and Discussions III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
GShankar
BRFite

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions III

Post by GShankar »

NRao wrote:
GShankar wrote:Now, how much of this is just observations vs. how much of this is used to justify reduction of visas? don't know. The fact that these things are recorded may only mean new laas are coming to get a bigger share of the moolah prom (d)immigrants.
Statistics is confusing, I agree ................
Confusion does not necessarily come from statistics. Confusion comes from lack of explanation/details from decision makers.
NRao wrote:So, only as an example, the stats provided in that clip is about Indians who are US citizens, obtained in census counts (not random "observations" - just to be clear).
Not sure where it is said or meant anything to the affect that the above stat is a random observation.
NRao wrote:So, to take that info and use it to extrapolate to the realm of "reduction of visas" is just bad statistics.
The numero uno position did not ease much if anything for Indian Americans.
  1. The number of h1b is reduced. It has been however increased in a different way by increasing opportunities for those who studied here (OPT time, Advanced degrees), h4 ead, etc. only because the previous policy to reduce h1b failed miserably and to save face, bomber had to introduce alternative options that ends up increasing the workforce among non-citizens and non-residents because citizens and residents don't have enough number.
  2. The h1b fees increased
  3. The waiting time for Indians across various greencard categories have increased
NRao wrote:My experiences, as an "Indian": I have had one financial advisor get furious with me when I told him I did not have money to invest. He was furious because he thought I was not telling the truth. I asked him why and he said, you are an Indian!!! Same goes, even to this day, when I visit a auto dealership: they expect me to pay in "cash". Why? Because I am an Indian.

My observations on cash business - Asians (chinese, thai, vietnamese, middle east) are much more into this than indians. I could say a few anecdotal experiences including a few transactions where folks bought house for cash with lot of overseas money. This also comes from a culture of savings, contrary not a culture of credit. One additional point (probably significant) - many large cash transactions also come due to people indulging in cash business and sometimes not having the ability to get a loan.
NRao wrote:For better or worse, truthfully, Indians are numro uno - we beat the Jews for that spot, a few years ago.

BTW, I had posted a GOTUS interactive map of where Indians reside - by county - in the US. There is also a spreadsheet of our occupation distribution - over time, somewhere.
We are primarily talking about Indians in America either as Indian Americans or residents and non-residents in the u s of a. And my implication was that though Indians are in the top (financially, education wise, etc.) there are a additional hurdles being put in front of Indians on legal immigration. Why? I implied cynical reasons.
NRao wrote:My staunch belief: India is neither poor nor needs help.
This discussion is OT for my specific post.
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

snahata wrote:If America has any intelligence they will chose Donald Trump. UB I saw for the first time the entire debate that bitch lied throughout. The most disgusting piece of garbage. Trump will put her in Jail, she richly deserves it.
:rotfl: That is not what the political fact checker says: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... uth-o-met/

Trump is way bigger of a liar than Hillary Clinton is and has committed more crimes than people claimed of Hillary Clinton. The Republicans have been trying for decades to put her away and failed. Don't forget the witch hunt spectacle called the White water investigation we had to endure and watch with nothing to show for it.
UB last few years I do not watch TV, because I know everything is a lie on TV. U saw what they are doing, nothing is neutral in this country the entire media class without exception is against trump including that faggot and the old fart who conducted the debate today( hint the J word ). Do these traitors love their jobs so much that they care a hoot about their country ? This country is in a shit hole man.
:rotfl:
Let me guess, you are one of those tea partiers, right? :roll:
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^The fact checkers are partisan hacks. They are as valid and relevant as Kejriwal "facts" about Modi.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Hitesh wrote:Trump is way bigger of a liar than Hillary Clinton is and has committed more crimes than people claimed of Hillary Clinton.
Oh really? How many people has he droned? How many democratically elected governments has he overthrown? How many Sunni Islamic terrorists has he enabled with lethal arms? The Clintons have real blood on their hands.

This election has proved the US is a shamocracy.
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

Droning in Pakistan and Afghanistan after terrorists are not crimes but battles during the War on Terror and Gaddafi was no democratic elected government and neither is Assad government which by the way, I am rooting for to win. As for Sunni Islamic terrorists being armed, that was done by the Iraqi Army when they fled and abandoned their posts and left their American supplied equipment and weapons for the taking.

Trump made up trumped up charges about emails despite the fact that he willfully broke laws during the 70s and 80s and even hired and emulated a hatchet man who was at the forefront of McCarthyism hearings and witch hunts.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Should have said this earlier.
GShankar wrote:The numero uno position did not ease much if anything for Indian Americans.
And it should not.

H1B or any work visas has nothing to do with immigration. Point being, just because a segment of the population is doing extremely well does not mean that a national policy on immigration should be biased towards them.

The US, in particular, has always provided easier path for certain professionals.

Will try and post later. That stat is a wee bit misleading. It is not as happy a number as one thinks it to be.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Hitesh wrote:Droning in Pakistan and Afghanistan after terrorists are not crimes but battles during the War on Terror and Gaddafi was no democratic elected government and neither is Assad government which by the way, I am rooting for to win. As for Sunni Islamic terrorists being armed, that was done by the Iraqi Army when they fled and abandoned their posts and left their American supplied equipment and weapons for the taking.

Trump made up trumped up charges about emails despite the fact that he willfully broke laws during the 70s and 80s and even hired and emulated a hatchet man who was at the forefront of McCarthyism hearings and witch hunts.
The Iraqi army was trained by best army in the world, the US army. Why they ran away leaving their weapons behind. Further US SD now arms a large number of "moderate forces" even now. How were they determined as moderate?

You mean the US can kill anyone whom it thinks is a terrorist and dethrone whomever it thinks as a despot, and it is ok? If it is ok for them then, it should be ok for any major power who can do it. Then how come the US is giving lectures to others like India about talks etc. ?

What is the object of the wars in Libia and Syria other than removing the rulers whom US SD do not like? If it is to create a more stable and free ME, it failed spectacularly. In fact, they did almost nothing to build stability after Gadafi fell in Lybia and they do not know whom they are arming in Syria.

Terror against the US was created by the ideology created and funded mainly by Saudis. Even IS is created and supported by the as per some rumours. The US did nothing stop this funding, and even now millions of Muslims are brainwashed day after day with the help of Saudi funds. Even if 1% of them join terror outfits, the US is in big trouble. Is there any greater stupidity that this?

Does anything here think that the US has understood what drives the terrorists against the US, West, and the entire non-Muslim world and also whom they consider and non-Muslims pretending to be Muslims?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

sum wrote:Old news since came across this while randomly surfing. Was this ever posted here? Seems we got quite some info from the Amreeki lady?
N.J. woman sentenced in scheme to send defense drawings to India
blah-blah ... The information was used not only to produce materials for the U.S. Defense Department, the company in India also bid on defense contracts for other nations, including the United Arab Emirates, the indictment said. In other cases, information was sent to facilitate bids for products destined for customers in Pakistan and Indonesia, it said.

ramana, this seems to have nothing to do with India as in GOI/Indian defense.
See
customers in Pakistan
Was apparently operating a US defense contracting company that got contracts on stuff like some pins used in F-15s. Illegally outsourced the manufacturing to India (probably under EJ auspices if u check, given the NJ church connections). Made inferior quality parts that then failed, forcing grounding of a few squadrons of F-15s, that triggered the investigation and that's how the scam came to light.

Since neither Pak nor Indonesia operates F-15s, the pins had to be for USAF or National Guard F-15s, or maybe UAE. Plus, other contracts were for US submarine and torpedo parts, none of which India uses AFAIK. The drawings were emailed over to make the bogus parts.

They should have used pucca Kerala banana-plant skin as tensile composite fibers like I have seen done to instant-repair the transmission on a bus in Kerala.

This is plain defense contracting fraud, nothing to do with India except some poor laborers were exploited. Most definitely not "India spying on US".
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

UlanBatori wrote:
This is plain defense contracting fraud, nothing to do with India except some poor laborers were exploited. Most definitely not "India spying on US".
putting india on the headline with something sensational is a guaranteed way to get some easy money on traffic.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Nothing new, but a good recap on tech. There is another one on strat.

Assessing US-India Defense Relations: The Technological Handshake
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Hitesh wrote:Droning in Pakistan and Afghanistan after terrorists are not crimes but battles during the War on Terror and Gaddafi was no democratic elected government and neither is Assad government which by the way, I am rooting for to win. As for Sunni Islamic terrorists being armed, that was done by the Iraqi Army when they fled and abandoned their posts and left their American supplied equipment and weapons for the taking.

The US did in fact destabilize Ukraine because the government was pro-Russian. Did you conveniently forget this? HRC bears full responsibility for this and under her leadership you will see another cold war started, but this time it will be more dangerous. She will be supported by her own party and the interventionist Republicans in Congress.

Trump is a crooked real estate developer who has properties in India, he will not harm India-US relations. HRC is certified pro Sunni Islamic and the GoI is going to have to work overtime to offset this.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

India is much, much bigger than H1B programs. India sells herself short on such fronts.

http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mistry_ ... technology

That from 2009.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Hitesh, Don't get personal.

ramana
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Of course India is bigger. Not sure why that is being brought up. I don't think anyone would question that.

On the same vein, If India is much bigger than H1b programs then India is also much bigger than Indian Americans. But that is not the point.

And all of those Indian Americans (american citizens) went to usa through H1b or other similar programs of legal Immigration like family sponsorship, student visa, etc. - be it Doctors or Scientists or IT or Gas Station or Hotel/Motel.

The point was about US govt. making things harder for the group that ha proven itself and is financially and educationally the top minority group in USA and is most interested in legal immigration (agreed there a few cases of illegal immigration but that is not the discussion now).
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

I rarely comment in this thread now a days as I find that some narrative here is so bizarre that it can compete with Zaid Hamid's rants. This is my humble opinion of course, but I think that I am not exaggerating and I think I speak most for most of the people I know.

But still since this thread is about India-US relations let me present a serious point which I think everyone should take it seriously. I am not interested in "debate" so this may be the last message as I understand I will have zero influence on the supporters who support a bully -- a bully who boasts that "Even if I shoot someone on fifth avenue, I won't loose any support"

Anyway this is wrt to many narratives here akin to:
Trump is a crooked real estate developer who has properties in India, he will not harm India-US relations

This is an absurd and ignorant statement. As if some one saying JUD chief just runs crooked social organization, it will not harm India..(and then goes on to criticize people like NaMo bringing up false debunked nonsense and try to do = = )

Do people not know Trump's righthand man, top political aid, the campaign manager (who was recently replaced because he was too toxic even for RNC) and the manager of Republican Convention manager Manafort worked as a lobbyist for ISI? . He charged ISI million's of dollars (it is more than "crooked' business). Was prosecuted. His associate/client Nabi was actually convicted working with terrorist organization which killed Americans and Indians in Kashmir.

This of course is no secret. It has been in major news in top papers in US, India and even Pakistan.
For example this one (Donald Trump’s top political aide lobbied for Pakistani intelligence: report

Of course, Pak report is little mild but just do a google or wiki or read up any reputable source. Search for "Trump + Pakistan" or "ISI" or "Kashmiri American Council" - which was proved by American courts as front for ISI. I really encourage to do your own reading.

This is, of course jut tip of the iceberg. (Manafort is not just small associate, he is the top aide) :

From just one source:
Manafort was also a lobbyist for an astro-turf group, the Kashmiri American Council, that was actually a front organization for Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

If you haven't followed the story, ISI is essentially an international terrorist group masquerading as national intelligence organization.

US authorities describe the main Pakistani intelligence service as a terrorist organisation in secret files obtained by the Guardian.

Recommendations to interrogators at Guantánamo Bay rank the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate (ISI) alongside al-Qaida, Hamas and Hezbollah in Lebanon as threats. Being linked to any of these groups is an indication of terrorist or insurgent activity, the documents say.

"Through associations with these … organisations, a detainee may have provided support to al-Qaida or the Taliban, or engaged in hostilities against US or coalition forces [in Afghanistan]," says the document, dated September 2007 and called the Joint Task Force Guantánamo Matrix of Threat Indicators for Enemy Combatants. It adds that links to these groups is evidence that an individual poses a future threat.

The revelation that the ISI is considered as much of a threat as al-Qaida and the Taliban will cause fury in Pakistan. It will further damage the already poor relationship between US intelligence services and their Pakistani counterparts, supposedly key allies in the hunt for Osama bin Laden and other Islamist militants in south Asia.

Manafort collected nearly $1 million to give the Kashmiri American Council lobbying aid to cover up Pakistani terrorism directed against India:

The Kashmiri American Council was a “scam” that amounted to a “false flag operation that Mr. Fai was operating on behalf of the ISI,” Gordon D. Kromberg, the assistant U.S. attorney who prosecuted the case, said in March 2012 at Fai’s sentencing hearing in federal court. While posing as a U.S.-based nonprofit funded by American donors sympathetic to the plight of Kashmiris, it was actually bankrolled by the ISI in order to deflect public attention “away from the involvement of Pakistan in sponsoring terrorism in Kashmir and elsewhere,” Kromberg said. Fai, who pleaded guilty to conspiracy and tax fraud charges, was then sentenced to two years in federal prison.

Lobbying records filed with the secretary of the Senate show that Manafort’s lobbying firm, Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly, was paid $700,000 by the Kashmiri American Council between 1990 and 1995. This was among more than $4 million that federal prosecutors alleged came from the ISI; Fai collected the money over 20 years from “straw” American donors who were being reimbursed from secret accounts in Pakistan. (The funds were in some cases delivered to Fai in brown paper bags stuffed with cash — and then the donors reimbursed with wire transfers from ISI operatives, according to an FBI affidavit.)

His campaign, associates, VP etc is as anti-India as any one possibly can. Of course he is anti-US, anti-women, anti-Hindu, anti-disabled and anti-everything....

No wonder **NONE** of the 5 living US (ex)presidents think he is fit for job. NONE of ex-secretary of state or a SINGLE decent person I have met who thinks DT is fit for the office or not the worse for the world (including India). No single major newspaper has endorsed him. (Cincinnati Enquirer - and many others- which has NEVER endorsed and Democrat in past 100+ years, have endorsed clinton)

OTOH it is shameful that people spin stories of hate without any basis. NO BO was not a secret gay muslim, neither NaMo a butcher or HC is anti-India. Two former US presidents, who know more about the job than any of us in brf explicitly mentioned that she is more qualified than *ANY ONE including themselves. ALL ex US presidents (including republicans) have NO doubt about her qualifications. Those who demonize her tells more about their own selves. For US-INDIA relationship, It is not a case of "lesser of two evils". (There is only ONE evil and that evil is now being criticized by even his own party.) I and virtually everyone I know are voting for her for positive reasons. She is best for India-US relationship. I endorse her without reservation. I look forward for best days for both US and India.

As I said before I am not interested in "debate".. these are my thoughts so take it for what ever it's worth.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

This rally organized by Indian Americans (and a bernie supporter ) in support of Trump has been postponed due to rains - https://allamericanrallyfortrump.wordpress.com
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Amber G. wrote:Do people not know Trump's righthand man, top political aid, the campaign manager (who was recently replaced because he was too toxic even for RNC) and the manager of Republican Convention manager Manafort worked as a lobbyist for ISI? . He charged ISI million's of dollars (it is more than "crooked' business). Was prosecuted. His associate/client Nabi was actually convicted working with terrorist organization which killed Americans and Indians in Kashmir..
of course people know that

but it was pooh pooh'ed as

1. manafort was a professional, just doing his job :roll:

2. he is not the campaign manager anymore, so that's ok.

i simply do not get this 'trump will be good for india, because bad bad hilary'.

nobody can defend hilary on her witch-hunt on modi, the SD shenanigans, the funds from ME states to her foundation, etc (speaking entirely from a foreign policy towards india perspective)

but how is trump going to be any different? he does not have any history that we can go by, he does not have original opinion on many things including india, he is not one to be taken seriously about what he says right now to win the election.

just because he shits on some facets of islamic terrorism to score points with his base, does not actually mean he will do anything about fixing pakistan or china. if anything, he will toe the chinese line in return for petty personal favors. he is going to heavily rely on folks like manafort who is certain to make a comeback into his administration. and the ISI by proxy.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OTOH, view from India:
US presidential candidates: It's baffling that Indians like Hillary Clinton as much as they do
ragupta
BRFite

Post by ragupta »

Both DT and HRC are bad, surprising that US has landed in these 2 choices.
Either of them will be bad for US world image. Hope they do not do much harm.
Do not expect any good things from either.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

er.. the point is that no matter who become POTUS, the entire Foreign Affairs academic community and rat-network is so corrupt that the nation is driven for their interests, not for long-term US national interest (assuming that long term interest is peace, freedom, goodwill towards all, honest prosperity for all or most Americans etc.) But then again, some can be even worse than others, like electing the Manchurian (???) Candidate who sells America out to Manchuria Saudi Arabia.

Whatever he is, Trump is **NOT** a proxy for any other countries, except Trumpistan. Which makes him more honest and more aligned with American long-term interest than the other candidates. Who the **** cares whether he humps Interns in the Ovary Office, or whatever - as long as he keeps the US economy moving, stays out of needless wars, and conveys that fine image of total kookiness that keeps the Doomsday Clock at 11:59:59?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 11 Oct 2016 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

She is best for India-US relationship. I endorse her without reservation. I look forward for best days for both US and India.
Absolutely. When HRC does India == Pak after next terrorist strike in India in 2017, then be prepared for the best days for both the US and India. :roll:

Personally, I'm not Carl Icahn (where one of Princeton's premier physics lab is named after him) who is shorting a bunch of stocks. I really hope HRC does win so I benefit financially until the next bubble bursts.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

I propose our very good yak herder Mongolian for POTUS as he'll be best for India-US relations, but alas he was not born in the US. Perhaps the yak herder's children can run for POTUS and I'll write in their name on ballot.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

That would be MONGOLIAN candidate, not Manchurian. :rotfl:
Why not write in our dear TSJi, after all he knows it all about the US, and what is good for Injuns.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

UlanBatori wrote:
Whatever he is, Trump is **NOT** a proxy for any other countries, except Trumpistan. Which makes him more honest and more aligned with American long-term interest than the other candidates. Who the **** cares whether he humps Interns in the Ovary Office, or whatever - as long as he keeps the US economy moving, stays out of needless wars, and conveys that fine image of total kookiness that keeps the Doomsday Clock at 11:59:59?
The problem, UB, is that I don't think he has any intention of being President even if he is elected one. He will want to continue running his reality show 24X7 (yes, even while on vacation) and reduce CNN, Fox, MSNBC to overt Access Hollywood surrogates as their camera crews chase him around any number of beaches and golf courses to receive his soundbites. That's all he wants, celebrity for its own sake.

Meanwhile the GOTUS will be run by the Republican establishment and its deep-state machinery... just as the GWB presidency was run by Cheney. Pence will be the greasy eminence this time around. You heard his views on Putin and Syria during the VP debate... essentially indistinguishable from HRC's, and from the entire stink-tank/foggy-bottom/Pentagon policymaking circuit. No reason to believe his views on Packeestan will be substantially different either (if anything, they may be worse from India's POV, because at least HRC has had the benefit of getting shamelessly wheedled by Slumbad in person). Both Pence and Tim Kaine are anti-Hindu evanjihadis who will advance soul-harvesting missionary depredations using every tool at their disposal, so prepare to hear lots more from the USCIRF citing the Berkeley Haas incarnation of Lashkar-e-Pinocchio no matter who wins. The more things change...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

UlanBatori wrote:Whatever he is, Trump is **NOT** a proxy for any other countries, except Trumpistan. Which makes him more honest and more aligned with American long-term interest than the other candidates. Who the **** cares whether he humps Interns in the Ovary Office, or whatever - as long as he keeps the US economy moving, stays out of needless wars, and conveys that fine image of total kookiness that keeps the Doomsday Clock at 11:59:59?
trump tried to cut a deal with kasich saying kasich can run "domestic and foreign policy"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... reign.html

yes, this is from unnamed source, but I don't doubt this.

this has happened before. a totally ignorant prez who had to depend heavily on his advisors. bush with cheney, rumsfeld, wolfowitz and the likes.

in what ways is trump different other than some spiel about establishment V outsider blah blah. trump is not an establishment in republican politics, but in terms of the "moneyed elite who run things" he is definitely part of that establishment.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

this has happened before. a totally ignorant prez who had to depend heavily on his advisors. bush with cheney, rumsfeld, wolfowitz and the likes.
You folks are all too young. NO ONE, certainly not Dubya, was more ignorant than Ronald Reagan, often called the Potted Plant Presidency. Also was a Revolving Door Presidency - his declaration was that he wasn't going to appoint anyone who cared enough about the job to actually want it. Managed to appoint a whole train of charlatans like Ed Meese, Attorney General, a shady real-estate loan shark.
If are not guilty, why would you be a suspect?
But they were so clueless that they scared the pakistan out of all the Experts, who for once did a competent job of whatever they were doing - Doomsday clock was at 11:59:50.99. Reagan just went around chuckling and grinning and looking very humble and innocent (not difficult since he WAS clueless) and just set out some grand Guiding Principles and some homilies:
There you go again! (
like HC tried imitating whenever she was cornered on facts)
or
Where's the beef?
or
There's GOTTA be a pony here somewhere
(in this pile of Berkeley-Stanford)
Everyone laughed politely and said
WHATTA PRESIDENT!!
Reagan is now considered the Greatest President Since Abraham Lincoln, who only managed to get a few million killed and half the country burned to the ground. Reagan very nearly got the whole world to cinders.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Don't mis this most IMP point of debate
amritk
BRFite

Post by amritk »

UlanBatori wrote:That would be MONGOLIAN candidate, not Manchurian. :rotfl:
Why not write in our dear TSJi, after all he knows it all about the US, and what is good for Injuns.
Lol - would be just as good :D
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Amberji is so right: HiClinton IS uniquely qualified to be POTUS AND will greatly enhance 'relations' with India. Relevance to US-India Relations quite clear if you read this link: So many prominent IAs are enjoying GOTUS hospitality, from bedrooms in WHOTUS to Leavenworth

I had heard of IAF AIF but had no idea it was formed on the graves of to help Bhuj Earthquake victims. A classic along the lines of Teesta Setalwad's 'Sabrang" and 'Aman'. Laloo/Sonia/Rah-ul-Gandy/JLthaaa would be proud of them! :mrgreen:
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

He UB a math fairy told me this . The wonderful hillary laughing about a 12 yrs old rape victim. Absolutely wonderful woman. Oh should I post the video of the same wonderful hillary laughing like a psycopath after the killing of Gaddafi which she engineered.
https://youtu.be/8tFJz96xfhc
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Mort Walker wrote:
She is best for India-US relationship. I endorse her without reservation. I look forward for best days for both US and India.
Absolutely. When HRC does India == Pak after next terrorist strike in India in 2017, then be prepared for the best days for both the US and India. :roll:

Personally, I'm not Carl Icahn (where one of Princeton's premier physics lab is named after him) who is shorting a bunch of stocks. I really hope HRC does win so I benefit financially until the next bubble bursts.
Irrespective of who wins, its coming down anyway. With HRC, the expectation is same old same old. What cannot be fixed will have money thrown at it. With DT, it will be generalised disruption and logjam.

HRC is going to win as Uni of Iowa index has jumped to 85 cents in her favour.

But she will inherit a bankrupt social security nightmare, failing obamacare. Will Huma will be in the SD, trust HRC to fire Yellen and bring in Lael Brianard < AN UBER DOVE. No one can miss the initial tremors of a more systematic “risk off” shift among investors.
Last edited by panduranghari on 11 Oct 2016 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

prem man that video had me rolling on the floor. :D
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Don't follow khan politics much, but HC sounded like Merkel in the last debate, and was willing to let in refugees.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

UlanBatori wrote:
You folks are all too young. NO ONE, certainly not Dubya, was more ignorant than Ronald Reagan, often called the Potted Plant Presidency. Also was a Revolving Door Presidency - his declaration was that he wasn't going to appoint anyone who cared enough about the job to actually want it. Managed to appoint a whole train of charlatans like Ed Meese, Attorney General, a shady real-estate loan shark.

Reagan is now considered the Greatest President Since Abraham Lincoln, who only managed to get a few million killed and half the country burned to the ground. Reagan very nearly got the whole world to cinders.
Worth revisiting the inimitable Spitting Image episodes, here's a classic. Some of us old enough would remember this one - ITV was pretty darned good at satire those days.

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

With comments like these Trump is not going far and certainly deep security apparatus of Khan land will kick him in his butt http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/t ... ism-229546
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

IndraD wrote:With comments like these Trump is not going far and certainly deep security apparatus of Khan land will kick him in his butt http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/t ... ism-229546
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7243&p=2056601#p2056601
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Trump uses Twitter, so he sees sources other than Clinton Noise Nutwerks. Hope they have good security for him, the Killary Deep State and the Elephant Deep State are both going to be displeased. FINALLY an Independent Candidate with more than 5% support.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

UB u are joking but right. If trumpo wins and I think he will there is serious risk to his life just like JFK. Second president since Second World War with a brain and who is it not beholden to special interest .
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB come up with a good expansion for NYT like your CNN: Clinton Noise Nutwerk!!!

Something that chaddi utars them .