Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-13 June,2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-13 June,2016

Post by Gagan »

3 bumbers from Khusra group?
The death toll is going to be massive - imagine how many will die laughing, as soon as the bumbers say they are from the khusra group, hain ji!
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1291999/terror ... 51-injured

Two dead, 51 injured. But the thing to note is
"Balochistan is a key region for China's ambitious $46 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) infrastructure project linking its western province of Xinjiang to the Arabian Sea via Pakistan. Security problems have mired CPEC in the past with numerous attacks, but China has said it is confident the Pakistani military is in control."

Not to forget the comments. I dont know why some Indians have a tendency to be almost apologetic there. This dhimmification....
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Karachi_Post ‏@Karachi_Post 5m5 minutes ago
12 security officials reportedly killed in #Quetta attacks ,over 50 injured . #Balochistan

( Ya Allah, Numbers Barra Dey: Injued Ko Bhi Paas Bullahle)
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Merro Allah Meharban , Numbers Increase Karre Tatt Soyee, Paki Ko deeze Gyan !
Karachi_Post ‏@Karachi_Post 7m7 minutes ago
109 injured , 20 declared dead so far in #Quetta massacre at police training center .#Pakistan
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

Quickly, from 12 dead to 20 dead.

Some hope after all. I hope atleast they score a half-century. I am disappointed if anything less than 50.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Another breath-taking narrative on painting India as the villain, and no matter what TSP does, there is an international conspiracy to box India with this terrorist abomination. Another NYT hatchet job on repeating what Indian elites tell them. The author couldn't find anybody else but Ajai Shukla to quote? I am surprised they don't quote Bad Kumar, Mani arse aiyar, UnDy etc.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

" Every minute make difference in life and death " Jernail Talibanus Poakanaus

Karachi_Post ‏@Karachi_Post 5m5 minutes ago
Death toll in #Quetta ISIS attack rises up to 30.More than 100 injured .Dead include FC and police officers. #Balochistan
Last edited by Prem on 25 Oct 2016 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Skanda wrote:Quickly, from 12 dead to 20 dead.

Some hope after all. I hope atleast they score a half-century. I am disappointed if anything less than 50.
Round figure syndrome...
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Times have corrected the numbers to Odd 33 now.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Chatter on Twitter says 50+
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

CRamS wrote:Another NYT hatchet job on repeating what Indian elites tell them. The author couldn't find anybody else but Ajai Shukla to quote? I am surprised they don't quote Bad Kumar, Mani arse aiyar, UnDy etc.
Correction, the hatchet job is telling (or tutoring if you will) the Lutyens elites and the likes of Ajai Shukla what to say (in print and on TV) and then print it in their rag as coming from an "enlightened moderate Indian".

NYT has become a parody of itself...Maybe they always were that way, just that not many noticed it.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

#JaiMataHinglej

Its late Dussera.

Mata needs her sacrifice.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

It is 51+ per Dawn
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

saip wrote:It is 51+ per Dawn
59/136 and counting.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Why are we batting for deaths of Balochis? Pakis they may be, but we should not be gleeful of deaths of Baluchis, Paktuns and of course our misplaced countrymen the "Azad" Kashmiris, Hazaras, Baltis; even Sindhis and Shias. The only fair targets are Mohajirs and Pakjabis, and of course anyone with a rabid ideology whoever they may be, imho.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Police Academy was Attacked
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

yensoy wrote:

Why are we batting for deaths of Balochis? Pakis they may be, but we should not be gleeful of deaths of Baluchis, Paktuns and of course our misplaced countrymen the "Azad" Kashmiris, Hazaras, Baltis; even Sindhis and Shias. The only fair targets are Mohajirs and Pakjabis, and of course anyone with a rabid ideology whoever they may be, imho.
Not Baluchis. These are the Paki occupying forces or occupying forces in training. May be one or two Baluchis in the 600 cadets (window dressing) They are unlikely to be hurt. Most of them must be Punjabis. They are dead and good too.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

shravan wrote:Police Academy was Attacked
Police academy represents the state, but not the army because the Police in general are intimidated by the army in Pakistan.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

"False flag operation to distract from the atrocities being committed on the people of Baluchistan and Waziristan"

should be tweeted far and wide..
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Kashi wrote:"False flag operation to distract from the atrocities being committed on the people of Baluchistan and Waziristan"

Do we need to stoop down to their level of endless conspiracy theories? While it is certainly possible, the way to play this is the usual "We regret the deaths and casualties of this terrorist attack. Pak should look within to see why its policies are backfiring on itself, learn from this experience, and take steps to fully eradicate all forms of terrorism. Further, Pak should ensure the security of its religious and ethnic minorities, especially the disadvantaged and deprived people of Baluchistan."
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

This is another parting gift for RAW sherif Kammandu from the talibunnies.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Yes that too.

It's not about "stooping to their level", but to clean the gutter, you need to descend into the gutter, so sometimes "lowering yourself" is unavoidable.

Of course what you do next is your choice and the one that matters- Pakis will choose to perpetually stay in the gutter and fling poo at all passing by, while all reasonable folks will climb out and immediately head for the showers.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Indian newspapers should end the coverage with something like 'Balochistan is a long disputed state where pakistani military has been accused of committing atrocities against the local baloch people who demand independence from pakistan.'
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

yensoy wrote:
Kashi wrote:"False flag operation to distract from the atrocities being committed on the people of Baluchistan and Waziristan"

Do we need to stoop down to their level of endless conspiracy theories? While it is certainly possible, the way to play this is the usual "We regret the deaths and casualties of this terrorist attack. Pak should look within to see why its policies are backfiring on itself, learn from this experience, and take steps to fully eradicate all forms of terrorism. Further, Pak should ensure the security of its religious and ethnic minorities, especially the disadvantaged and deprived people of Baluchistan."
No, we should say that 'To ease the tension India is willing to mediate between baloch nationalists and the pakistan government. We appeal both sides to cease the ongoing violence against each other.'
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Every din is Fridin in Pureland, it is 59 now:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gunmen-kill- ... tml?ref=gs
Gunmen kill 59 in attack on police academy in Pakistani city of Quetta
Gautam
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

And I was getting worried about the orcs settling down to a truely peaceful life and becoming Buddhist Bhikshus.

Now my fantasy is see a scaled attack like this scale at the POP parade in PMA Kakul....ameen!
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Reports of LeJ involvement. Aren't they anti shia? What's their angle in Quetta?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Gus wrote:Reports of LeJ involvement. Aren't they anti shia? What's their angle in Quetta?
As I understand it - LeJ is one of the jihadi orgs that wants strict imposition of Sunni style sharia in Shitistan. Increasingly some cadres see the Paki army and (LOL) govt as unwilling and are gravitating towards Al Qaeda and ISIS to challenge the state.

Army targets are difficult to hit. Police are soft because they are subservient to army. By intimidating police in Quetta the jihadis are trying to force the army to take a stand.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

abhijitm wrote: No, we should say that 'To ease the tension India is willing to mediate between baloch nationalists and the pakistan government. We appeal both sides to cease the ongoing violence against each other.'
abhijitm wrote:Indian newspapers should end the coverage with something like 'Balochistan is a long disputed state where pakistani military has been accused of committing atrocities against the local baloch people who demand independence from pakistan.'
Absolutely. This incident has to be shown as a sign that Pak govt is doing a slipshod job of protecting some of their citizens, and in fact some factions of same government are in fact cultivating these terrorists.

It won't hurt Pak till it hurts the fair & lovely Pakjabis. Balaoch, NLI types etc are dispensable.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The attack on the PTC will give tsp an opportunity to do equal equal with uri and claim that see we are all victim's of terror.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

^^They can go a step further and carry out surgical strikes across the border in Waziristan.

And then deny that surgical strikes ever took place.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Pratyush wrote:The attack on the PTC will give tsp an opportunity to do equal equal with uri and claim that see we are all victim's of terror.
a suicide bomber is also victim of terror.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

e^{i*π} + 1
‏@_InExtremis
A little birdie tells me.. The number is 250+ #QuettaAttack
5:31 AM - 25 Oct 2016
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Sad this has to take place so early in the week.
I meanif only it had taken place in the weekend, my Deepavali would have been so much sweeter.
Imagine hearing this news as you take a bite into a big motichur laddu?
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

Officially it is 60+ . 250 may be deal + injured most likely. The dead are police and FC. I wonder how many Baloch join these organizations?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Estimate closer to 90-110 would be more accurate for file deletions.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Do we know if the victims were mostly our Baluchi brothers or TFTA Pakijabi scum bags. If the former, I mourn and express my deepest sorrow and condolence, but if the latter, I celebrate.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

habal wrote:
Pratyush wrote:The attack on the PTC will give tsp an opportunity to do equal equal with uri and claim that see we are all victim's of terror.
a suicide bomber is also victim of terror.
:rotfl:
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

CRamS wrote:Do we know if the victims were mostly our Baluchi brothers or TFTA Pakijabi scum bags. If the former, I mourn and express my deepest sorrow and condolence, but if the latter, I celebrate.
Gunmen kill 59 in attack on police academy in Pakistani city of Quetta
No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, but one of the top military commanders in Baluchistan, General Sher Afgun, told media that calls intercepted between the attackers and their handlers suggested they were from the sectarian Sunni militant group, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ).

"We came to know from the communication intercepts that there were three militants who were getting instructions from Afghanistan," Afgun told media, adding that the Al Alami cell of LeJ was behind the attack.

LeJ, whose roots are in the heartland Punjab province, has a history of carrying out sectarian attacks in Baluchistan, particularly against the minority Hazara Shias. Pakistan has previously accused LeJ of colluding with al Qaeda.

Authorities launched a crackdown against Lashkar-e-Jhangvi last year, particularly in Punjab province. In a major blow to the organization, Malik Ishaq, the group’s leader, was killed in July 2015 alongside 13 other members of the central leadership in what police say was a failed escape attempt.

So Pakistan claims that a terrorist attack in Quetta was masterminded from Afghanistan. That's irony for you.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

If the claims that it was carried out by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al Aalami are true, then I am not surprised. This is a breakaway group from LeJ. These ‘al-Alami’ suffixed tanzims (like Harkat-ul-Mujahideen al Aalami) broke away from India-centric tanzeems to align with the Al Qaeda and fight worldwide on a larger Islamist issue.

There is another splinter group of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, the Zafar group, and is headquartered in South Waziristan. It runs terror training camps in South Waziristan with Pakistani, Uzbek trainers. Zafar group targets Shiites and has close links with Al Qaeda.

Then, there is Ahrar-ul-Hind (a faction of TTP of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi followers. The ‘Ahrar-ul-Hind’ tag, or Freedom Fighters of India, is interesting. The Ahrars in India, Majlis-e-Ahrar-e-Islam, opposed Partition because they felt that the whole of India belonged to the Muslims and partition upset their calculations of claiming the whole of Hindustan as a Muslim nation. They were a Punjab-based militant Islamist party which was close to the Indian National Congress).

Above all, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi itself has a strong motive to attack the police. It was last year that the LeJ's emir Malik Ishaque was killed by the Punjab police in a fake encounter along with another LeJ co-founder Ghulam Rasool Shah. It is ironic that Quetta was where this happened. The Pakistani Army pushed LeJ cadres into Balochistan as its first line of defence to fight 'Baloch nationalism'. The LeJ whose only pastime has been to kill the Shi'as, especially the Hazaras of Balochistan, continued with that activity while the Army turned a blind eye. The Pakistani Army has resorted to this tactic to fight BLA (Balochistan Liberation Army) after the Supreme Court has come down heavily on the disappearance of thousands of Balochis directly attributed to the Army kidnapping and murdering them.