Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

Post by Manish_Sharma »

What time the result would be announced?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Viv S wrote: That said, choosing between snake or monkey-with-a-gun.
Slimey stealthy jsf type hitlary who has record of helping china and porkis both is definitely preferred by Bharatvaasis. How she will silently try to armtwist Govt. to help out teesta setlavads, leela samsons, porkis & christian terror groups like NSCN , ltte and crusading NGOs.

I was looking forward to Trump befriending russkies so they don't get so close to china, Trump starting trade war with china, his statement "...we will take help of Bharat to control pakistan, I believe Bharat has a huge and powerful army..."

But you are just interested that we buy jsf, sign four letter treaties, don't test...

But I guess whatever actions hitlary will take you will be there to interpret for us that how it for good of Bharat.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

^^that is like looking to USA to save bharat-skin same as wkk looked to USA to push their agenda. Bharat is strong enough to handle itself - Hillary or Trump.
Trump has shown idiocy in loosing a winning hand by self-damaging actions. How can he be helpful to Bharat? He could not help himself :)
Hillary is likely to follow already scripted policies - known steps which others, including Bharat, can manage.
Last edited by Yayavar on 08 Nov 2016 04:43, edited 1 time in total.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Manish_Sharma wrote:Slimey stealthy jsf type hitlary who has record of helping china and porkis both is definitely preferred by Bharatvaasis.
Unless you've been elected or nominated to speak for all Bharatvaasis, I suggest you phrase your responses to reflect what they are - your personal opinion.
How she will silently try to armtwist Govt. to help out teesta setlavads, leela samsons, porkis & christian terror groups like NSCN , ltte and crusading NGOs.
The govt can handle Obama, they can handle Clinton. And unlike Trump, she's smart enough to know where the line is.

And just for the record, the evangelists are firmly, if unenthusiastically, in Trump's corner. He's the one who'll owe them if he were to get elected.
I was looking forward to Trump befriending russkies so they don't get so close to china, Trump starting trade war with china, his statement "...we will take help of Bharat to control pakistan, I believe Bharat has a huge and powerful army..."
As if Trump's position on Russia is anymore real than any of his other so called 'policies'.

Trump Says U.S. Should Shoot Barrel-Rolling Russian Planes “At A Certain Point”

Trump: Russia 'probably' behind downing of MH17 - Oct 14, 2015

Donald Trump says Russia isn't to blame for MH17, despite evidence - Oct 15, 2015

But you are just interested that we buy jsf, sign four letter treaties, don't test...

But I guess whatever actions hitlary will take you will be there to interpret for us that how it for good of Bharat.
But you just want to celebrate idiocy and see it lead to another global recession, no matter what price Bharatvaasis have to pay.
Last edited by Viv S on 08 Nov 2016 04:47, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Do u HAVE to b so reasonable, hain? :(( :((
Let me take out the Brimmo-Asstra: Vote with ur heart(xxxxxx), not with your brain. Would u rather watch Melania or Slick Willie for the next 4 saal as the FSOTUS, I ask u! :mrgreen:
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

I am as Anti-Trump as one could get and would have voted for any GOP candidate minus Ted Cruz had it come down to it. Voted for Romney in 12, and Obama in 08. I grappled with voting for Clinton in VA if it came to that and thought about it for a while if it got really close. Couldn't get myself to do it although I have many friends and family that were fairly reliable GOP but are voting for Clinton. At the end of the day there is really not much benefit to her other than the fact that she's isn't Trump. Giving credit where it is due, she will probably work better across party lines than Obama did post his historic win. The problem will be the House and the empowered freedom caucus.

The problem with giving the democrats too much power is that they will run with it and and take the country way to the left. One big problem I see is that a strong percentage of the current GOP voters will run away with the "its rigged" line of argument and would do anything other than throwing Trump under the bus. We are already seeing online and even here..A lot of well-educated folks are taking Breitbart and Drudge claims of Trump winning double the hispanic vote (which would give him majority support) for example and if he doesn't get there it will be RIGGED. That could potentially get us a two term Clinton which I believe will be disastrous. Even if I were to look out just for myself and my family, I'd be paying way more in taxes if Progressives get 16 years in the WH.

As far as Indo-US relation is concerned I find Yayavar's post as highly sensible and accurate.
Last edited by brar_w on 08 Nov 2016 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Viv S wrote: Its nice to say that don't worry he'll put somebody competent in-charge and only provide 'moral' direction. Well look no further than his campaign for how well he delegates power and runs an organisation.
Do u HAVE to b so reasonable, hain? :(( :((
Let me take out the Brimmo-Asstra: Vote with ur heart(xxxxxx), not with your brain. Would u rather watch Melania or Slick Willie for the next 4 saal as the FSOTUS, I ask u! :mrgreen:
.. Kellyanne Conway has done better than her predecessors at managing Trump but even she's been pushed to her limits. One of her wisest decisions was to confiscate his Twitter account, which is now managed by her.
Hey, isn't that proof of the Trumpanzee difference? He admits errors, he MEEKLY DELEGATES TO A WOMAN when needed!!!
Good leaders delegate, while buffoons need babysitting and she's been tasked with the latter.
But she's doing it with his cooperation. Now look at the other side: the candidate needs an Ayah, or she gets her Classified Documents read by her cleaning woman. I THINK I'd rather have the US run by Conway than by Qatar/KSA/Humedin, and that is not racism: it's seeing HiC/Humedin's confirmed associations. I greatly admire Humedin's soosai-jehad dedication, but not in the WHOTUS.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 08 Nov 2016 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

I'd certainly go with Conway over Trump any day.
UlanBatori wrote:Would u rather watch Melania or Slick Willie for the next 4 saal as the FSOTUS, I ask u!
Think of it this way, if we totally write off the next four years, in Clinton's case, a win tomorrow is going to result in a Republican presidency come 2020, while a Trump win means a Democrat will be in office maybe upto 2028.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Dipanker wrote: I wouldn't call it dhimmification or begging, I would call it being wise by not making an enemy of person who we have no proof of that she has been an enemy in the past.
Before Sith takes over, let me post this once more :
Rudradev wrote:
FWIW...

http://india-herald.com/indian-american ... 186-64.htm

The Clintons' Quarter-Century Record on India.

1991: Arkansas Governor and presidential candidate Bill Clinton delivers foreign policy speech and describes plans to interfere in “separatist efforts” in India and Yugoslavia .
The "she" in my post was supposed to be Huma Abedin, but I agree I should have disambiguated.

At this time all the points are moot as Hillary is winning 100%.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Time to take out my SECRET CLAIM.
Now Revealed 4 Da 1st Time by UBC News:
TRUMP NEVER WANTED TO BECOME PRESIDENT, ONLY TO EXPOSE CLINTON CORRUPTION AND INCOMPETENCE!
:mrgreen: :P

Who in their right ******* mind would trade a life of self-made freedom and luxury at age 71, surrounded by Playboy Bunnies and chamchas, flying around in a golden jet, and take 4 years of rigorous imprisonment and hard labor in an old, decrepit government building in the middle of polluted DupleeCity, with a daily schedule of kissing ugly babies and hugging smelly dictators, having every minute dictated by sniveling Federal Employees, and with Secret Service bozos cavity-searching all one's visitors, and hordes of CNN reporters snooping into every affair one has on the side, hain?

He would be 75 or 76 when he completed his first term if he managed to live through this hell.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

He would be 75 or 76 when he completed his first term if he managed to live through this hell.
Perhaps the Mongol forgot that he is the healthiest person to ever run for office in the US? ;)
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

At this time all the points are moot as Hillary is winning 100%.
Those who want free education, higher minimum wage, majority of women, and surprisingly all hardcore republicans, and globalist are going to come out in hoard to vote for her. After making a first black president, exceptional people will make another exceptional move to elect first female a president. Theresa May and HRC may stand together as Iron Lady-duo of the free world. Chinese will look forward a prosperous year of Rooster, 2017 and Pakis will celebrate seeing their day of reckoning is postponed by few more years.

Question is what position Huma gets in the new administration.
Last edited by chanakyaa on 08 Nov 2016 05:24, edited 1 time in total.
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

Yes, building a wall would be very racist, and we would all be outside it. In the meantime, thankfully this guy is calling out the racism of Trump's 'murica where some American citizens have the nerve to want to report an illegal student at Berkeley who is demanding that anti-illegal immigrant speech is not FOE.

Even at Berkeley, I Face Threats as an Undocumented Student
Berkeley’s Undocumented Student Program, which the university established in 2012, works with more than 400 undocumented students and continues to grow as more go public about their immigration status, sometimes at considerable risk to themselves and their families.
Soon after that, the Undocumented Student Program began to receive anonymous email threats about students, and a fellow undocumented friend — a prominent member of the student government — was told by another student on Facebook: “Thanks for identifying yourself as an illegal … Now get out. I’ll look for you on campus.” All of this information was brought to the administration, but there was no follow-up.
Thankfully, under progressive politics, it's good that US citijen CA residents of the 'privileged' races (mostly sdre yindoos and asians since the whites have all largely disappeared from the bay area) are giving up their privileged seats for 400 illegal students to get the wonders of a UCB education. Inspired by this, surely IITs should also set aside quotas for illegal Beedees and Pakis and kick some of them privileged yindoos out, something that the progressive cabal of Haas school eminences are planning to propose soon no doubt.
Dinesh S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dinesh S »

Viv S wrote:
Dinesh S wrote:Now now comrade, Hillary has only 1/10th the body count of Monsieur Stalin. Here is to hoping that she becomes the president and matches his numbers so that we can see proof that women are exactly the same as men. Also, we wouldn't want the reform rats/Vatican coolies inside india to run out of moola and support now do we ? I mean who would civilize the unwashed heathens/pagans if the ghoul doesn't win presidency ? And not to mention the friend of khalistani indians, as many Huma Abedin supporting jingos(?) here would like to put it, like Tim Kaine as vice president? :mrgreen:
She can't be worse than a genuine 'Kenyan Muslim'. Which is better than giving a moron* the reins.

In 2020, a Republican, one with all his marbles in place, will be well placed to replace her. Unless the moron gets elected, in which case he's the one who gets replaced in 2020, in this case by a Democrat (unless he declares martial law and dismantles the Election Commission).

*I'm being very very literal here. Unlike other anti-Trump members, the Trumpian lack of rational thinking/commonsense bothers me a lot more than the misogyny or xenophobia or casual racism.

A man who can turn up to a Presidential debate, the most important 40 minutes in the his life, utterly and hilariously unprepared, is a dumbass.

Thinks its good idea to attack the mother of a dead soldier. Dumbass.
Thinks it will help his prospects to call a judge from Indiana, a Mexican. Dumbass.
Publicly reassures his audience about the size of his penis. Dumbass.
Launches a 3 AM twitter tirade against a former beauty pageant contestant, weeks away from the Nov general election. Dumbass.
Gives a speech on the hallowed grounds of Gettysburg, promising to sue the women who accused him of sexual harassment. Dumbass.

The tape from the Hollywood Access bus (that hurt him worse than anything else) he couldn't have done anything about. It was part of his past. Much like his tax returns or lawsuits (or Clinton's emails). ^These on the other hand, are all examples of unforced errors stupidity.

Now while a dumbass in charge of Zimbabwe or Venezuela can only really do damage to Zimbabwe or Venezuela, one in charge of the 25% of the world's GDP can cause a global recession.

Which will inevitably drag India's growth down. Those economic numbers are more than just figures. They determine whether tens of millions of people get pulled out of extreme poverty. Or not.
Actually she is worse. You are giving hypothetical bull shit scenarios which isn't even guaranteed to happen with a known manipulative genocidal soulless ghoul. So take your snake oil somewhere else, perhaps to your fellow comrades and reformers , about how hilary is better. What I have observed about the two tells me and a lot of actual patriots/well wishers of India here in brf, on who will be better for India( if the brf poll on who they want to see as US president is any indication)

And yes, i know how much Hillary killton's covert support of anti KKNP protests, anti Narmada dam protests with NGOs/Vatican coolies , naxal trash will help indian poor come out of extreme poverty. :lol: . Hillary is the kind of typical western bitch ,which will have no problem ramping up burning of coal and oil to fuel US economic growth WHILE at the same time using Ngos and other reform rats to bog down indian economic growth under the pretext of saving the planet with bull shit environmentalism.

I can promise one thing though, if I stay here long enough, the reform rats can count on me calling them out whenever they crawl out of their burrows next baiting hindu/indian society after having supported this genocidal soulless anti india ghoul
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

DisneshS, Mind your language.

Thanks, ramana
Dinesh S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dinesh S »

Btw guys, remember when mother Merkel when visiting india (in 2015?) decided to visit the CPI trash(was it arundati Roy or some other naxal trash?) inside giving them legitimacy when in fact they are not even in the top three political parties of India? And Merkel is the conservative (right wing?) politician of Germany so make of what their left wing will look like. Do you think it was by accident? Almost all the leftwing /reform rats inside india , from amartya sen to ashish nandy have Harvard/stanford and other top US university links. Why? Who do you think patronises them? How do you think peta , which can't do shit about rodeos in their home country Texas ,manage to ban our traditional sports Jallikattu ? You think these things happen without the support of western establishment , which is largely leftwing?
Last edited by Dinesh S on 08 Nov 2016 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Comey will be on way out soon.
Dinesh S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dinesh S »

Do you guys know that since 2011, .ie for the past 5 years USA and other western countries have actually been reducing investment into renewable energy while developing countries like China, India and Brazil are inVesting a lot into them to the point that these three countries are investing more than the developed world in renewable energy today? Why do you think that is? After all, weren't they the ones pushing for renewable energy onto third world developing countries?

The more you understand these countries, the more you will understand how two faced lying reptiles these countries are behind their western universalist facade. Hillary of course represents the pinnacle of these societies and you guys honestly want us to believe that she will be good for india? Forget india , Hillary would probably be the worst thing that can become a US president for the whole world :roll:

Anyway, if anything one silver lining for me is that the india baiters in the forum and internet will have a hard time after this election taking any moral stand on any issue.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Just read couple of pages from back here, yayavar, viv, brar et al. I am still not clear what is that Trump did for you all to hate him? Just talk from politics alone. Just give me 3 emphatic, validated, significant points for me to jump off the Trump line.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Dinesh S wrote:I can promise one thing though, if I stay here long enough...
If you continue using language better suited to a Youtube comments page, your stay here might be lot shorter than you imagine.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

SaiK only flimsy evidence on Trump; includes locker room talk on wonen; anti mexican talk in primaries; extreme vetting on muslims. Thats all. No other dirt of any consequece has been found on him vs Hillary where I can fill pages with her corruption/criminal/antinational acts
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

SaiK wrote:Just read couple of pages from back here, yayavar, viv, brar et al. I am still not clear what is that Trump did for you all to hate him? Just talk from politics alone. Just give me 3 emphatic, validated, significant points for me to jump off the Trump line.
I don't "hate" him. I just think he's a fool. And again I must emphasize, while the term is usually used in a purely pejorative sense, I intend it entirely as a dry clinical adjective (though perhaps a psychiatrist would describe him as 'irrational', 'paranoid' & 'self-destructive').

Point is, he's not 'okay' in the upper storey. He's said too many stupid things for it to be written off. 'Stupid' not because it was wrong or uninformed, but because it was bound to hurt him. Any Tom, Dick, Harry off the road could have told him he's doing a dumb thing, but Trump only seemed to realize that in the aftermath.

And unfortunately this isn't a reality TV show. The outcome is going to affect the lives of hundreds of millions of people including Indians.

Are you a voter? If so, I'm guessing you've already made up your mind and have probably heard all you need to. As a non-citizen, I can only make one argument that hasn't already been said (widely at least) - a 12 month campaign has reduced the two candidates' images to crap and turn the process in a war of attrition. Imagine what four years will do. So, if you dislike both candidates, question is whether you want a Republican or Democratic president in 2020, potentially serving to 2028, because the incumbent will be on the ticket and will lose. Of course, if one likes Trump... well, there's not much to say.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Many people explain away his antics saying they're a result of political inexperience. Unlike Clinton, he's a political neophyte making him prone to stumbling every now and again.

But there are missteps and then there is dumbassery. I'm no political expert but even I know that saying this in front of thousands of people and a host of cameras is a very very stupid thing to do (but that doesn't seem to deter him).

TRUMP:And, he referred to my hands -- 'if they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee." *

TRUMP:Just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, ok? I don't know what you're even talking about with 'white supremacy' or 'white supremacist.' So, I don't know. I mean, I don't know, did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that i know nothing about.

TRUMP: I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal. And if the economy was good, it was good. So therefore, you can't lose.

*(P.S. 70% of his statements have been rated Mostly False/False/Pants-on-Fire by Politifact.)
Dinesh S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dinesh S »

Outside the topic of this election , i have a very important doubt/question regarding NRIs/PIOs of USA and what better thread than this one to ask it.

What is the marriage rates, single mother rates, divorce rates , prisoners per capita etc for the NRI/PIO community of USA? I tried searching for it in the net but I couldn't find a proper study which showed the relevant data. Almost all studies i found only mentioned "Asian Americans"which kind of is useless wrt Indian Americans because it includes lot of non indians in it including pakis. So can anyone well versed/knowledgeable about this issue chime in? It would be very interesting to see if there is a significant co relation between familial values and economic success of the indian american community.

For example, the black community had been absolutely enriched by progressive/liberal policies with excellent single mother rates and divorce rates and high crime and incarceration rates. So it would be interesting to see how the opposite end of the spectrum works.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/07/media/n ... ton-cover/
If Trump wins, the Clinton copies will be trashed and the Trump version will be rushed to the printing presses -- a simple business calculation, Romando said.

So they didn't print a single copy yet, only after story was leaked ..

Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Viv S wrote:
I don't "hate" him. I just think he's a fool. .................

Point is, he's not 'okay' in the upper storey. He's said too many stupid things for it to be written off. 'Stupid' not because it was wrong or uninformed, but because it was bound to hurt him. Any Tom, Dick, Harry off the road could have told him he's doing a dumb thing, but Trump only seemed to realize that in the aftermath.

And unfortunately this isn't a reality TV show. The outcome is going to affect the lives of hundreds of millions of people including Indians.
By that token, Raegan in his second term was totally incapacitated and wasn't in a position to be of any use.

If intellectual quotient is important in a President, Dubya would never have made the grade and yet he did, for two terms. And the outcome of his actions did affect millions of lives in Iraq and elsewhere.
Viv S wrote:........

But there are missteps and then there is dumbassery. I'm no political expert but even I know that saying this in front of thousands of people and a host of cameras is a very very stupid thing to do (but that doesn't seem to deter him).
Does "He tried to kill my Daddy", or "Mission Accomplished" ring any bells?

Just for the record, I don't care for Republicans or Democrats, just somebody who is competent and good for the nation and thus the world. Hard to find such a leader these days.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/07/media/n ... ton-cover/

The bookseller woman deleted her account after the tweet triggered conspiracy theories on Monday -- and that act started brand new theories.
She may have caught some heat at work -- because booksellers and magazine shops usually agree not to release publications before their "on sale" date.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Must-read:Acclaimed Haitian-rights activist backs Trump
Clintons posed as 'savior' but 'preyed' on her country after earthquake

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/09/acclaimed-ha ... TIilJiD.99

Now, flamboyant and prolific Haitian human-rights lawyer, playwright and poet Ezili Dantó is using her considerable influence in the Haitian community both in the United States and in Haiti to endorse Donald Trump for president.

“Hillary Clinton preyed on Haiti,” Dantó, writing from her position as leader in both the Free Haiti Movement and the Haitian Lawyers Leadership Network, HLLN, noted on her blog Sept. 7.

Dantó was born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and raised in Stamford, Connecticut, earning a BA from Boston College and a JD from the University of Connecticut School of law. She attended the Hartford Conservatory for Ballet, Jazz and Modern while studying Haitian dancing at home. She has toured internationally, including dance performances at the United Nations and Carnegie Hall.

Born Marguerite Laurent, she legally changed her name, deriving it from Ezili Dantor, the spirit in Haitian Voodoo for motherhood, commonly represented by the Black Madonna of Częstochowa.

“Partners in Crime: The Clintons’ Scheme to Monetize the White House for Personal Profit” is available at the WND Superstore!

“The earthquake [that hit Haiti on Jan. 12, 2010] weakened the victims and she used her power to crush them some more,” she said. “Dressed as ‘savior’ at the Obama State Department, Hillary Clinton betrayed innocent Americans who desired to help with recovery. If we are scientifically and objectively balancing facts, then Donald Trump, arguably a bigot and perhaps a sexist, still clearly has less of a record of lies, looting, lawlessness and implementing systemic governmental/institutional racism than Hillary Clinton.”

She advanced the theme by arguing Clinton dares not mention Haiti without risking a damaging political backlash.

“Addressing Haiti is a debacle for [Bill and Hillary Clinton],” she continued. “It brings up the 2010, Michel Martelly presidential election that Hillary Clinton and, her longtime consigliore, Cheryl Mills, help to doctor. It brings up their association with the convicted fraudster Claudio Osorio, who never built any of the 10,000 housing units in Haiti that the U.S. government put in a $10 million grant for him to build, and which the Clinton team heavily facilitated.”

She continued: “It brings up the pay-to-play, money laundering scheme they call the ‘Clinton Foundation.’ The Clintons cannot justify why they prey on hurt quake victims and poor Haitians to put money in their Foundation – a slush fund where 85 percent of the money collected goes to salaries, travel, luxury hotels, dinners and overhead, all tax free.”
‘Obama gives Clintons license to plunder Haiti’

In an hour-long telephone interview with WND, Dantó explained her theory that with the Haiti earthquake in January 2010, President Obama found a way to make sure Clinton would not run for president until he was finished with the job.

“Obama gave Haiti to the Clintons to get the Clintons out of his way, as a strategy to make sure Obama would not have any serious White House challenge from Hillary during what Obama planned would be eight years, two terms as president,” she argued.

“So, the State Department was used as a way to send to the Clinton Foundation donors who wanted to contribute to the Haitian earthquake relief effort,” she continued. “If you called the State Department and you said you wanted to do some work in Haiti, the State Department would tell you to call the Clinton Foundation.”

From there, Dantó resumed criticizing the Clintons, launching into a diatribe against former Haitian president Michael Martelly.

“The people of Haiti have lost more under Bill Clinton, who likes to consider himself the ‘first black president,’ more than we have lost under any other American president,” she insisted. “The Clintons took the people of Haiti from the time of the apocalyptic earthquake in January 2010 when we were suffering a form of PTSD, post-trauma stress syndrome, and the Clintons came in to exploit Haiti and were just laughing about it.”

Last edited by UlanBatori on 08 Nov 2016 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
Dinesh S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dinesh S »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/postever ... americans/

:lol: here is one such reform rat article on how low divorce rates among Hindu americans are bad and it is even worse for indian hindus. Why don't you heathens out there be enlightened and have the 70% single mother/divorce rates of the black community there and be the model minority like the black community by following the progressive /liberal ideas? Why do you have to hold onto your archaic Orthodox hindu family values and out earn those whites? Anyway, even the reform/enlightenment article from WP doesn't give any accurate data on divorce rates among Indian Americans other than an estimate of 1-15% as opposed to 44% of general america.
Dinesh S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dinesh S »

UlanBatori wrote:Must-read:Acclaimed Haitian-rights activist backs Trump
Clintons posed as 'savior' but 'preyed' on her country after earthquake

Now, flamboyant and prolific Haitian human-rights lawyer, playwright and poet Ezili Dantó is using her considerable influence in the Haitian community both in the United States and in Haiti to endorse Donald Trump for president.

“Hillary Clinton preyed on Haiti,” Dantó, writing from her position as leader in both the Free Haiti Movement and the Haitian Lawyers Leadership Network, HLLN, noted on her blog Sept. 7.

Dantó was born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and raised in Stamford, Connecticut, earning a BA from Boston College and a JD from the University of Connecticut School of law. She attended the Hartford Conservatory for Ballet, Jazz and Modern while studying Haitian dancing at home. She has toured internationally, including dance performances at the United Nations and Carnegie Hall.

Born Marguerite Laurent, she legally changed her name, deriving it from Ezili Dantor, the spirit in Haitian Voodoo for motherhood, commonly represented by the Black Madonna of Częstochowa.

“Partners in Crime: The Clintons’ Scheme to Monetize the White House for Personal Profit” is available at the WND Superstore!

“The earthquake [that hit Haiti on Jan. 12, 2010] weakened the victims and she used her power to crush them some more,” she said. “Dressed as ‘savior’ at the Obama State Department, Hillary Clinton betrayed innocent Americans who desired to help with recovery. If we are scientifically and objectively balancing facts, then Donald Trump, arguably a bigot and perhaps a sexist, still clearly has less of a record of lies, looting, lawlessness and implementing systemic governmental/institutional racism than Hillary Clinton.”

She advanced the theme by arguing Clinton dares not mention Haiti without risking a damaging political backlash.

“Addressing Haiti is a debacle for [Bill and Hillary Clinton],” she continued. “It brings up the 2010, Michel Martelly presidential election that Hillary Clinton and, her longtime consigliore, Cheryl Mills, help to doctor. It brings up their association with the convicted fraudster Claudio Osorio, who never built any of the 10,000 housing units in Haiti that the U.S. government put in a $10 million grant for him to build, and which the Clinton team heavily facilitated.”

She continued: “It brings up the pay-to-play, money laundering scheme they call the ‘Clinton Foundation.’ The Clintons cannot justify why they prey on hurt quake victims and poor Haitians to put money in their Foundation – a slush fund where 85 percent of the money collected goes to salaries, travel, luxury hotels, dinners and overhead, all tax free.”
‘Obama gives Clintons license to plunder Haiti’

In an hour-long telephone interview with WND, Dantó explained her theory that with the Haiti earthquake in January 2010, President Obama found a way to make sure Clinton would not run for president until he was finished with the job.

“Obama gave Haiti to the Clintons to get the Clintons out of his way, as a strategy to make sure Obama would not have any serious White House challenge from Hillary during what Obama planned would be eight years, two terms as president,” she argued.

“So, the State Department was used as a way to send to the Clinton Foundation donors who wanted to contribute to the Haitian earthquake relief effort,” she continued. “If you called the State Department and you said you wanted to do some work in Haiti, the State Department would tell you to call the Clinton Foundation.”

From there, Dantó resumed criticizing the Clintons, launching into a diatribe against former Haitian president Michael Martelly.

“The people of Haiti have lost more under Bill Clinton, who likes to consider himself the ‘first black president,’ more than we have lost under any other American president,” she insisted. “The Clintons took the people of Haiti from the time of the apocalyptic earthquake in January 2010 when we were suffering a form of PTSD, post-trauma stress syndrome, and the Clintons came in to exploit Haiti and were just laughing about it.”

You will find this link interesting - http://www.haiti-liberte.com/archives/v ... iLeaks.asp
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

SaiK wrote:Just read couple of pages from back here, yayavar, viv, brar et al. I am still not clear what is that Trump did for you all to hate him? Just talk from politics alone. Just give me 3 emphatic, validated, significant points for me to jump off the Trump line.
SaiK - did not say anything about hating ... but maybe you can share why do you love him or her :) ..
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

Dinesh S wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/postever ... americans/

:lol: here is one such reform rat article on how low divorce rates among Hindu americans are bad and it is even worse for Indian hindus. Why don't you heathens out there be enlightened and have the 70% single mother/divorce rates of the black community there and be the model minority like the black community by following the progressive /liberal ideas? Why do you have to hold onto your archaic Orthodox hindu family values and out earn those whites? Anyway, even the reform/enlightenment article from WP doesn't give any accurate data on divorce rates among Indian Americans other than an estimate of 1-15% as opposed to 44% of general america.
Divorce rates are shooting up just from anecdotal evidence. Have lost track of how many of our friends have divorced. This is just the result of a modern capitalist society and you can't do anything about it. Hindu orthodoxy shorthodoxy has nothing to do with it. When people have a choice in everything, are educated, hedonistic, and don't give a f%%^ about society, they are going to divorce if they don't like the marriage. Besides, what society? That old caste-clan-village kinship is gone. People come from nucular families now where the idea of a dozen aunts and uncles and dozens of cousins is gone. Besides, if anyone 'puts pressure', they will be told to eff off. Rich Hindus (meaning above the median income in US) will be like rich Parsees or rich Whites: become 'empowered' and 'liberal', gay-marry, and die out fairly quickly. Luckily there is 900 million more in India, for now.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Dinesh S wrote:Outside the topic of this election , i have a very important doubt/question regarding NRIs/PIOs of USA and what better thread than this one to ask it.

What is the marriage rates, single mother rates, divorce rates , prisoners per capita etc for the NRI/PIO community of USA? I tried searching for it in the net but I couldn't find a proper study which showed the relevant data. Almost all studies i found only mentioned "Asian Americans"which kind of is useless wrt Indian Americans because it includes lot of non indians in it including pakis. So can anyone well versed/knowledgeable about this issue chime in? It would be very interesting to see if there is a significant co relation between familial values and economic success of the indian american community.

For example, the black community had been absolutely enriched by progressive/liberal policies with excellent single mother rates and divorce rates and high crime and incarceration rates. So it would be interesting to see how the opposite end of the spectrum works.
You probably will not find data just for Indians except anecdotally. I would wager that the divorce rate among Indians in the US is probably higher than in India as is the single mother rate (which is probably even higher). Crime rate among ethnic communities is hard to separate out.

Most data on crime amongst immigrant communities again clubs Indian with Pakis, as does this excellent but for this purpose irrelevant publication:

Handbook of Crime Correlates
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Rudradev wrote:Actually, Gus ji, if we're to think of Huma Abedin as "1/2 Indian"... then you can't possibly object to the allegation that Gonzalo Curiel, the judge hearing the Trump University lawsuit, is "Mexican". Same yardstick. No? :P

if trump's argument is, only white americans born in US to white parents are trustworthy and you agree with that - then I hope you are supporting trump because your parents are white :P
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dinesh S wrote:Outside the topic of this election , i have a very important doubt/question regarding NRIs/PIOs of USA and what better thread than this one to ask it.

There was a tweet on out of wedlock births and showed Indian American women was extremely low.
PEW Research does lots of ethnic tracking for political message targeting purposes.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016/10/ ... lity_4-03/
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Primus wrote:By that token, Raegan in his second term was totally incapacitated and wasn't in a position to be of any use.
Probably. Although the salient difference is that many people would rest easier knowing that 'President Trump' was incapacitated. He's far more dangerous when he's up and about and lucid.
If intellectual quotient is important in a President, Dubya would never have made the grade and yet he did, for two terms. And the outcome of his actions did affect millions of lives in Iraq and elsewhere.
'Intellectual quotient' doesn't come into it. I called him an idiot not a non-intellectually inclined average Joe. A lack of education is not related to a lack of rationality.
Does "He tried to kill my Daddy", or "Mission Accomplished" ring any bells?
Not quite the same thing, but even if it was they'd have to come up with a new one on a weekly basis to give Trump a race for his money on the buffoonry scale.
Just for the record, I don't care for Republicans or Democrats, just somebody who is competent and good for the nation and thus the world. Hard to find such a leader these days.
I agree. But for better or worse, there's only one competent major party candidate on the ballot.

Personally, I was rooting for Kasich, but I guess if Kim Kardashian can become an icon in America, Donald Trump ought to be able to become president.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

None of the poll of poll models, including 538, account for early voting. IMO They all need to work on how to accommodate that into their models. The poll taker does ask for if the voter has already voted and excludes them out of the poll. But, if the new poll is from a smaller subset of remaining voters (as against polls of the universal set of all likely voters) - can it still be used in the same manner that older polls were used in the models ?
Dinesh S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dinesh S »

MurthyB wrote:
Dinesh S wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/postever ... americans/

:lol: here is one such reform rat article on how low divorce rates among Hindu americans are bad and it is even worse for Indian hindus. Why don't you heathens out there be enlightened and have the 70% single mother/divorce rates of the black community there and be the model minority like the black community by following the progressive /liberal ideas? Why do you have to hold onto your archaic Orthodox hindu family values and out earn those whites? Anyway, even the reform/enlightenment article from WP doesn't give any accurate data on divorce rates among Indian Americans other than an estimate of 1-15% as opposed to 44% of general america.
Divorce rates are shooting up just from anecdotal evidence. Have lost track of how many of our friends have divorced. This is just the result of a modern capitalist society and you can't do anything about it. Hindu orthodoxy shorthodoxy has nothing to do with it. When people have a choice in everything, are educated, hedonistic, and don't give a f%%^ about society, they are going to divorce if they don't like the marriage. Besides, what society? That old caste-clan-village kinship is gone. People come from nucular families now where the idea of a dozen aunts and uncles and dozens of cousins is gone. Besides, if anyone 'puts pressure', they will be told to eff off. Rich Hindus (meaning above the median income in US) will be like rich Parsees or rich Whites: become 'empowered' and 'liberal', gay-marry, and die out fairly quickly. Luckily there is 900 million more in India, for now.
But sir this is something we have to debate don't you think?
And i don't think wealth has anything to do with this issue. If anything, indian Americans having only having 1/2 to 1/10th divorce rates of average Americans while earning twice the average american shows that money doesn't cause divorces nor does materialism(at least per se). And the rising divorce rates you see in the USA among Indian Americans is more likely to he due to loosening moral values than money. If indeed the proposition that rich/wealth leads to divorces was true, indian Americans would have significantly higher rates of divorces than whites and that is evidently not the case.

The reason why indian Americans have lower divorce rates is because they are newer migrants to USA and hence haven't given to the hedonism/liberalism of the American culture(lol) as much as the European/blacks . This perhaps is also the reason why I think they are doing well there.

And i am pretty sure this is the reason why i Dian communities do well in white establishments/western societies. They have the best of the both worlds- family structure from Indian culture and strong institutes for economic growth/prosperity of the West.

And i don't think you can divorce religion from this. If anything, religion is the one which is keeping families together. Why do you think there was so much emphasis on our (at least in TN) mangal sutras ? The way it was portrayed till 2000s was very magical and it has a huge influence in the psyche of the people in the society. Of course the inherent taboos of divorce in India adds a lot to that. This is why despite a female literacy rate of 67%, divorce rates in india is not 30% ,if we were to apply and extrapolate the US divorce rates on indian society on the assumption that low divorce rates in india is due to lack of illiteracy(we heathen primitives are so backward that we still believe in sanctity of marriage and family :lol: )and that if we empower and educate women, divorce rates will increase.

Anyway, this is a very important debate which hasn't taken place in brf yet and we need to start it now. If we don't, all the successes the indian community has achieved in usa will vanish when it becomes as "cultured" and "enlightened" as the blacks/white community of USA. And of course without family values, india will become a carbon copy of africa .
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

From the FaceBook Site: "LIAR: NO Hillary 2016" Sample:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/614877315208181/
i HAVE MY TV turned on and Obama is talking to a crowd and they are cheering for him and Clinton. Our society is too evil to be redeemed. They are mindless souls who have lost their way. They have stopped any brain function to listen to this propaganda, Our nation might be to far gone for God to want to help, I pray not BUT WHEN YOU SEE CITIZENS THAT ARE ABOUT TO LOOSE THEIR God given freedom ... unbelievable ... I pray that God will not let us be destroyed like Babylon yet but will allow Trump to win and return our nation unto our God who gave us this cherished land.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 08 Nov 2016 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Dinesh S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dinesh S »

@ramana ji and @Primus ji thanks for the links . Will probably write an article about it when free. This is something which has to be dealt with no matter how unpleasant it might make us feel. And please guys, if possible try finding more links. Thanks once again

I for one, don't buy this indians /indian culture is inherently great=great success in west theory one second. There must be organic reasons for it. If we are actually serious about being the fourth alternative to West, China and Islam, we need to show how we are different and where our strength lies.