Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

Post by IndraD »

Arjun wrote:
Dipanker wrote:Whites with no college education who have overwhelmingly voted for Trump, in all likelihood were not subscribing to these outlets anyway, and the the democrats/liberals are not about to change their worldview just on account of this electoral loss .
Fyi, Trump also won whites with a college degree 49% to 45%.
Are you implying that those who don't have college degree are less educated to vote? Thank God that criteria is no where in world !
Educated people have chosen a specimen in Delhi btw.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

JwalaMukhi wrote:
LokeshC wrote: I am happy, regardless of what happens to me here.
Take a bow!
Irrespective of fears, that exactly is the true spirit that many Desis miss. They miss larger picture. That strong mothership will automatically help one elsewhere too. Instead those who want to feel and brag about having ARRIVED, have a tendency to highlight how mothership is faulty and try to justify why their ARRIVAL was next best thing since sliced bread. Bizzare verifications and validations, to decisions that one has made either personally or collectively. Now this bragging right is punctured and that will cause some anxiety.

You mean India is our Israel?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I recently heard one liberal commentator say that with White women + Blacks + Minorities, their kind of folks, constitute ~75% of the voting population and there is not need to panic i.e to say screw the rednecks.

What the gentleman did not realize is that White women split about evenly between the parties. I read an article (well respected mag though I can't recall the name) why the old world victim-hood feminism was not exactly appealing to many White women. The White women featured in the article went on to note many reasons but the sense that I got was that they had other identities too beyond being a feminist. They are daughters and sisters of these White males and do not take kindly to their loved ones being demonized. Interesting!

Another thing is that the Supreme court that will be ushered in by the Trump revolution will continue to impact the judicial landscape for decades.

There is also this fact (or so I read) that in the house races the Repubs won the popular vote decisively.
Last edited by pankajs on 13 Nov 2016 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

chanakyaa wrote:
Austin wrote:David Stockman mentions that he prefers Jim Grant as the new Fed Chief instead of Yallen.

Does any one from US knows who Jim Grant his and his past works ?

Yallen certainly has been a disaster and has done nothing more than increase debt to $20 trillion
Austin Sir, I believe he is the same bow tie Jim Grant of "Grant's Interest Rate Observer".

Not that I'm very familiar with his view, but based on several occasion when I heard him speak, he is knowledgeable guy enough to disqualify him from the race to replace Yellen :D
Away from his regular economics view, he is very bullish on India. Most of material the on his site is subscription only but the India piece can be obtained from link below by providing name and email. Scroll all the way to bottom of the page for "Bullish on India, March 21, 2014".

30-year Grant's highlight
If you love Macro Economics, you'll love Jim Grant.

http://podtail.com/podcast/macro-voices ... mes-grant/

He is even more bullish on gold than I am. :wink:
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

panduranghari wrote:
Viv S wrote: That's fair. To me, its a matter of some angst that when China was in the midst of its strongest economic expansion (2000-2008), the global economy was relatively stable, it had easy access to capital and there were no significant barriers to free trade, while a Modi-led India will have to face big hurdles on all three counts in a more uncertain unstable environment.

Given that the kind of capital/investment that India needs, over the coming few years, is measured in the trillion of dollars, stability should have trumped ideology for at least for BRFites.

Modi could have handled the Clintons just fine. Global uncertainty... is much bigger challenge. Nobody knows what Trump will do, not even Trump himself. That itself leads to an environment which is not too great for commerce.
In global perspectives, I posted a youtube video by Grant Williams called -Crazy:The story of debt.

When you say India needs access to capital. We have access to capital. Capital does not mean US dollars alone. This is important to internalise.

When you say India needs Free Trade. We HONESTLY dont. We needed internal free trade and GST has already done that. We dont buy much from other countries, neither do we sell to others much. Except OIL.

Economic expansion also called growth cannot be sustained permanently. Unlike what the western economists who think economy is a machine and can be continuous be improved by tinkering, Indic view is different. Economy is not a machine. Its a living organism. A super organism. It breathes in and breathes out. Breathing in is the expansion. Breathing out is the necessary contraction to expel CO2 so that fresh O2 can be inhaled again. This is important to internalise.

West as we know it collapsing under its own weight. On all measures- capital investments, debt growth, demographics, internal fissures.

We should stick to strategic ambivalence. I believe C Rajamohan has stated it. I am open to be corrected.

If west wants to engage India and derive benefit, they must accept Indian Exceptionalism. Trump will be more willing to accept this than Clinton ever will because as a businessman he understands the concept of letting the other party feel that they have won.

West should worry about stability. India does not. India gains much from disruption from the current status quo. I do find Rudradev ji's analysis that Westphalian model still has legs, a tad confusing because I feel the glue holding the westphalian model itself is loosing it stickiness.
PHji, very perceptive post.

I need to clarify re: your interpretation of my analysis, however.

I'm not a fan of the term "Westphalian nation-state/model" applied to the present day. To me it is one of those terms that accumulates semantic degeneracy (comes to mean more and more different things to different people the further you get away from the end of the 30 years war, in terms of applied context). It is useful when explaining the origins of Western "secularism" for example, but hardly relevant at all today IMHO.

In fact, as you will notice, I purposely avoided using that term in my original analysis for exactly this reason... preferring simply "majoritarian nationalism" instead. Ramana garu used it in response to my post, and because I think I know what specifically he means by it, I agreed with him :) But to me it lacks the coherence and, more importantly, the currency to be useful in analysis going forward.

I would rather frame the argument in terms of idealism: definition of a state's identity, national culture and will in consonance with those of its majority population, vs. the cynical mercantilism of elites who promote globalist agendas benefiting only a privileged few while relying on minority identity politics to skew electoral equations in a direction orthogonal to the majority's identity, culture, and will (the "three nation theory", I called it somewhere else).
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Thanks Saar for your very cogent reply, as usual. In your opinion, what comes next?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

LokeshC wrote:What I am happy about is, the Klingon machine is dead in its tracks and instead we have this guy who promises to be inward focused (which is what is needed IMHO for unkle and his citizens).

With madam president, interference in Indian affairs would have been a certainty, just look at the number of presstitutes who were licking their lips and heading off to massa right before the election, all behaving exactly like how they do in India: Being shills for pappu etc. They were the sepoys being assembled for war by the Klingon empire. Both the sepoys and the klingons hoped that they would win, but alas the opposite happened. :lol:

This elections basically retards their efforts for a few years, by that time NaMo would have changed India in many important ways. It gives us some breathing space to get critical things done to defend ourselves in the future.

I am happy, regardless of what happens to me here.

When Burkha the $CUM tweeted and started giving gaali to Trump when she realized Huma is going win, she gave the game away. She started abusing Trump and calling him names and thought it was a DEAL done for Killary.

The $CUM dressed up landed in NY.

We can assassinate Modi with Clinton as the Queen Clitonia of USA or stab Modi every day with a knife .
The yindooS of India can be killed every day with Aazadi fighters from Pure land and my Queen Clintonia is going to abuse the yindoo man... What a great tomorrow
May be she can now drag Modi my tormentor to UN for Human rights violations. WILL Queen let me interrogate him or slap him or waterboard him?

Waited with anticipation. unable to resist the happiness. oh! ?.

When is damn election going o end?

Tweeted like a DUMBO gloating like a PIG. She could not conceal her glow and gloat.

... let this counting thing be done away with. What is there to count?

And then it happened... The TRUMP thing. She hasn't recovered yet

:rotfl:
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Looks like the one who got cute and posted about "presidential assassination" , got fired.

https://twitter.com/0hour/status/797111621919342592

Monisha Rajesh has been fired from the @guardian her Twitter and Facebook accounts were removed by the company this morning @PrisonPlanet
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Huma Abedin Caught Weeping In Public
So what’s next for Huma Abedin? …I don’t think she knows either.Hill’s gal-pal Huma was caught openly WEEPING on the streets of Manhattan Friday morning, as she returned to Clinton’s campaign headquarters in Brooklyn after their deafening defeat.
Is anyone really surprised? I mean it’s been a pretty rough ride lately for lil’ H. Her husband turned out to be an even bigger slimeball than we already thought he was. (what with engaging in graphic sexual texts with children and including his baby in nasty selfies)( Wondering if HRC, who has said that Huma is my daughter , was the "matchmaker" in this short lived unhappy union between a Muslim and a Jew !)
Maybe she thought it would all be worth it since her and her BFF Hill would soon be gal-paling around in the Rose Garden.
Welp. That didn’t work out… and now Huma’s prospects aren’t looking too great.As you may remember Trump has said on multiple occasions that he would appoint a special prosecutor to look into Clinton’s email scandal if he was elected president. Well, here we are.There is also that open FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation’s alleged pay-for-play scheme. It’s not looking great for Huma, seeing as she was simultaneously on the Foundation and the State Department’s payrolls. Wikileaks revealed emails where she was asked for State Department access by Clinton Foundation officials what were referred to as ‘friends of ours’ who were donors to the Foundation…not looking good AT ALL.And you know, the whole emails on her pervert husband’s phone thing.So basically, Huma is done forever. I mean, would you hire her?RIP Huma’s Political Career. You won’t be missed.
Abedin is "politically toast " in the USA. Probably, will get herself a job in the "family business" or the Saudis will take care of her !
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Kid votes for DT in mock school election , gets thrown out by mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGoatg4ciyc
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^
Fine liberal/progressive example or what!
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Electoral votes are definitely not representative of huge population and one of the objectives was to have an equality where similarly populated votebanks do not take over elections. And it has worked perfectly where libtards in densely populated areas like California kept thinking that they have this in bag. I guess that they need to pay more attention in their gov't classes.

Contrary to media peddling Clinton having women votes was as true as their election predictions. Matter of fact couple of people convincing me to not give lot of weight to Trump's character were women (and yes they were educated and doctors). And many women that I ran into were against Trump only because they were concerned about not having their birth controls covered if there is no obamacare. Once I pointed out that their birth control is no where costing them as much as thousands in increase in insurance premiums and deductibles or increase in medical cost after Obama across the board., hopefully they started seeing that in different light.

Huma weeping seems to be all carefully orchestrated with success of riots. I say this as while in cafeteria, I saw many libtards feeling pretty sad for her and started comparing Wiener to Trump and how they should also be contributing by supporting riots. And I was just appalled to see this behavior given that this people actually work in the industry that suppose to keep information secret and protected at any cost and they did not see anything wrong with what Huma did and instead feeling sorry and blaming Weiner for everything. Go figure.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Viv S wrote: I said 'capital' not 'dollars'. And while global capital is not synonomous with the dollar, its not distinct either. Market sentiments across the world are close coupled and tend to drift in the same direction.

And yes we have 'access' to capital, everyone does. No sanctions in play. However what that capital costs us, depends on local risk, specific growth prospects and general appetite for risk in the global market.

It is not a binary choice. Internal free trade (something that no one can argue against) doesn't come at the cost of exports. That we don't buy much or less much is a description of our current state not a justification. For a country with our fundamental cost advantages (and reliance on foreign energy), limited trade that is not a plus.

High growth rates cannot be sustained indefinitely. I think everyone is familiar with Japan's example. And its the Chinese that are tinkering with their economic statistics who need to internalize that.

Nothing to do with India. We very very far reaching our full economic potential.

The West has been 'collapsing' for decades now. If and when it does, the rest of the world will be in the muck with it.

And if a super global recession/collapse were to occur, I'd rather it be later than sooner giving Modi a larger window for his reforms and infra expansion.

If, theoretically, global trade were to collapse tomorrow, China would be worst hit but it would still have its highways, railways, airports, power-plants, schools, universities, cities, factories and skilled workers. The 'West' would have the same or more of it, but India much less.

I think the idea that India can remain aloof from and unaffected by stability in the "West" (which includes most of East Asia too) is a utopian one. Maybe decades from now, if the process of globalization has been reversed, that'll be true. For now, we're still early in the development cycle and still part of a closely interlinked global economy. Both facts that will remain true for the duration Trump's tenure in office.
I agree we have not yet reached our potential but you cant disagree we are on the way. I am not a idealist. I am not a leftist who seeks utopia. Though I do not disagree that sometimes my perspective might come across that way. Why do you think the risk of investing in India has to be borne by outsiders? US dollars are not an end but a means to an end. India would jump at an opportunity to deal directly with any other country in Rupee-other currency swap. It will work in our favor. It will happen irrespectively, even though you feel it seems like a remote possibility.

On BRF, the US based posters are quite condescending about research done in India. So I will post some that is not India based. I recommend reading the research done by Mark Yusko who is CIO at Morgan Creek capital or Robin Griffiths of HSBC global allocation. They say for India to achieve 10% per annum growth rate- they just need to build basic infra. That alone will guarantee 10% growth over the next 20 years minimum.

https://twitter.com/theEUpost/status/779632423474716672

The video in that tweet is very interesting. Angus Maddison has done extensive research on this.

[img]hhttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/1_AD_to_2008_AD_trends_in_%25_GDP_contribution_by_major_economies_of_the_world.png[/img]

Global trade has already collapsed. Hanjin shipping has already declared bankruptcy. Baltic dry index which tracks global sea freight has cratered. Rigor mortis has set in and we are still talking about globalisation. The future is localisation. Its been the same for time immemorial. The last 100 years experiment notwithstanding.

Someone very rich said just over 150 years ago- he who has gold makes the rules. Indian women by all means own approximately 20000 tons of it. That factor alone makes me confident we are going to be alright. Of course this is my perspective. Only time will tell if that is going to be correct.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

NassimNicholasTaleb ‏@nntaleb Nov 9
Who got burried?
Saudi Barbaria
Goldman Sacks
Syrian Jihadis aka "rebels"
Academic Economists w/PseudoNobel
NYT & other bullshit venues.

NassimNicholasTaleb ‏@nntaleb Nov 9
I forgot the big losers: the neocons. We have at least 4-8 years of watching them drive uber cars / taxis in DC.
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

AoA! My user ID still works! Apologies to all for taking a small liberty and letting off some steam while browsing at the Flying Carbet Stable this sabere at the past month of endless harangues and :(( :(( from people who really don't know diddly-squat .
Come 2 think of it, that Ignore List is a much-under-appreciated protective mechanism for some of us. :mrgreen:
Last edited by UlanBatori on 13 Nov 2016 04:01, edited 2 times in total.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

http://swarajyamag.com/world/decoding-t ... supporters

excellent article describing why Clinton supporters are behaving the way they are .
bharotshontan
BRFite

Post by bharotshontan »

Rishi Verma wrote:
B-Shontan some of your write-ups were interesting but when you start face reading and body language reading from few seconds of TV clips it discredits the analysis.
Sorry got carried away with the face reading.
Modi and Trump are totally different animals, different backgrounds, education, values.

Trump hasnt even spent a day as a PoTUS, and comparing one's future performance and Modi's current performance is worse than tarot card reading. Anyway.. It's called internet analytics
Agree, and I will say that it might be an unfair assessment on my part on Trump. I have basically been following Modi and his growth from Gujarat earthquake, while Trump I've only peripherally kept up with including some of the bad press he had regarding his bankruptcies and lack of credibility in business dealings. Anyway I think some other posters on here are also saying at a higher level what I'm saying, that India is really the mothership so these circuses just need to be looked at comically and from a distance regardless of outcomes or who is a good leader of the US.
OT
On a separate note I would like to pick your brain about the situation in WB where intellectuals of type A are fleeing the state and intellectuals of type-B, C, D are feeling empowered. In tamilnadu intellectuals of all types are fleeing the state. Curious to see your view on some other forum (Indian interests or GDF). Thanks.
Will do definitely.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

There seems to be a common misconception on the board about the origin/purpose of the electoral college.

One common misconception seems to be that it was created to protect the interest of smaller states with respect to bigger states. Actually senate is the mechanism designed for that purpose which allocates 2 senators to each state irrespective of the size of the state. Given the size and tenure of the senate, a senator is more powerful than a congressman.

The origin of electoral college system goes back to slavery and 3/5th adjustment. EC is a relic of slavery days. Here is 2012 article on the subject from WaPo:

Link
The delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention had a variety of reasons for settling on the electoral college format, but protecting smaller states was not among them. Some delegates feared direct democracy, but that was only one factor in the debate.

Remember what the country looked like in 1787: The important division was between states that relied on slavery and those that didn’t, not between large and small states. A direct election for president did not sit well with most delegates from the slave states, which had large populations but far fewer eligible voters. They gravitated toward the electoral college as a compromise because it was based on population. The convention had agreed to count each slave as three-fifths of a person for the purpose of calculating each state’s allotment of seats in Congress. For Virginia, which had the largest population among the original 13 states, that meant more clout in choosing the president.

The electoral college distorts the political process by providing a huge incentive to visit competitive states, especially large ones with hefty numbers of electoral votes. That’s why Obama and Romney have spent so much time this year in states like Ohio and Florida. In the 2008 general election, Obama and John McCain personally campaigned in only five of the 29 smallest states.

The framers protected the interests of smaller states by creating the Senate, which gives each state two votes regardless of population. There is no need for additional protection. Do we really want a presidency responsive to parochial interests in a system already prone to gridlock? The framers didn’t.

Beside every single election in USA, be it election of local bodies, congress, senate, or state governor, all are decided by popular vote, so why continue with abomination called EC for presidential election which is fundamentally undemocratic and thus unfair as all votes are not treated equally.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

^^^^^^well, I certainly would take whatever opinion the washington post publishes as in the best interest of the nation...... :) as they have proven in the past......
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Having followed the polls closely and forcasts on 538, I tend to agree with her assessment.

Post Politics
Hillary Clinton blames one Comey letter for stopping momentum and the other for turning out Trump voters

Hillary Clinton blamed the renewed FBI inquiry into her State Department email system for blunting her momentum in the presidential election and the closure of that inquiry two days before Election Day for energizing voters for Donald Trump.

“There are lots of reasons why an election like this is not successful,” Clinton told top donors on a farewell conference call Saturday.

“But our analysis is that [FBI Director James B.] Comey’s letter raising doubts that were groundless, baseless, proven to be, stopped our momentum,” she said.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

^^ My recommendation would be to stick to National Enquirer!

Else Google is your friend and stick to standard sources than CT websites.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

whining is ok as long as it does not descend into chaos. :((

every exercise in democracy is not fair in some sense.

heck even exams we undergo in routine life say in student exams is not fair.

consider this- an allrounder knowing everything in the book etc may still not pass whereas a person with knowledge of important chapters can get gold medal in exam. This is a fact of life.

This has happened in my life many a time. i have failed and succeeded in various aspects of life.

I am sure many have had this feeling. :cry:

whatever the outcome we cannot control it. But we can control how we react to it.

Trump is not bad as doomsayers predict nor the greatest president elect. Allow him room to do his job.
watch criticse and praise whatever he does.

relax enjoy 8)
Rishi Verma
BRFite

Post by Rishi Verma »

Huma is oozing with pakistaniyat. Which means one not born in bakistan but having infected genes can make one develop mad-Bak decease. I have an intuitive anti-dot. If they can get injected with mad-yak genes they will be cured. :-o
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Donald Trump's worldview has often been the subject of intense debate - AND NOW HE'S ACTUALLY GOING TO BE THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD.

Maps are always good for visualisation, and Bulgarian artist Yanko Tsvetkov has made a map of what the world (supposedly) looks like to the Commander-in-Chief-in-waiting.

His ‘global stereotype’ maps became so popular he ended up publishing the satirical images in two books, and most recently an iBooks edition, Atlas of Prejudice: The Complete Stereotype Map Collection.

Well, Tsvetkov struck again, this time with a World Map According to Donald Trump:

And it's a truly beautiful work of art

https://www.indy100.com/article/someone ... kfAKrnFdOW
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

This damn electoral college stuff keeps coming every 4 years.

Every one knows the rules. Every one plays the game by these rules.

Every one's target is to lock their states and grab few battleground states. In this, gems have an edge over the Repubs.

The fact that Queen Clinton lost MI,WI,PA and almost lost VA is a great surprise.

When somebody acted surprised about EC, someone on twitter responded.

In Tennis 6-0,6-0,4-6,4-6,4-6.... who won?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

He calls Mongolians "ASIAN MEXICANS"??????? :((
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

TSJones wrote:yellen is not going to be replaced unless she wants to quit.

she is only 2 years into a 6 year appointment.
She can be told to leave gracefully resigning due to loss of trust in her
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Found this very interesting. LOL! Makes me think he knew EXACTLY what he was doing this time. Yes its INFOWARS CT capital. But the content is clipped from various Trump appearances in public (non CT) MSM

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Gus wrote:Looks like the one who got cute and posted about "presidential assassination" , got fired.

https://twitter.com/0hour/status/797111621919342592

Monisha Rajesh has been fired from the @guardian her Twitter and Facebook accounts were removed by the company this morning @PrisonPlanet
How can anyone be so stupid to do this kind of thing and claim that they have some brains to think? The only reason for such behaviour is a total belief that they can do anything and get away with it. Look at Toilet; they have published two semi-nude photos of Mrs Trump today. Just shows their mindset. There is a lot of people now rooting for DT to fail and fail very badly. I do hope he does some radical things like the "WALL" and getting out of treaties etc. Getting out of treaties is easy. All he may need is to give some executive order and all that.

After a long time, i and having real fun seeing CNN and UndiTv( oops did I wrote that?)
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

I would be more worried for Trump because the entire Economic Failure of Obama and the failure that Obama inherited from GWB Jr ( 2008 Crash and Subsequent QE & NIRP/ZIRP ) etc would now be Trump job to clean.

There is no magic wand that Trump has that he can clean the mess of more than 16 years under GWB/Obama Economic Failure and the huge rise in Debt under them specially Obama.

If Trump Kicks Off Janet Yallen and he has criticised Yallen then appoints some one more capable say Jim or some one else then they will have to go through extended period of recession and stock market crash under his eyes . the recovery wont happen in the next 4-5 years and would take long time.

IF Trump chooses the easy way out like Obama did and sticks to his huge spending as he promised then this means Fed has to provide more stimulus for his spending then we will see Debt Zooming further North and if Fed increase interest even by small amount say 25 basis point , then this would put tremendous strain on the bond market and we might see the stock/bond market crash in the next 1-2 years.

It is a case of making choice of jumping in deep valley and sea ,Not that Trump is responsible for this in any way but then the crash would happen under his watch ( it could have been Hillary too ) but he has the envious task of carring it on his shoulder.

We are in 96 months of Business Cycle and we had no crash since 2008 and this is unusual even for marker normal business cycle not to crash every 7-8 years.

Trump has to be Really Lucky and May God Save him that a Crash and worst then 2008 would not happen under his watch.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

First Hillary Blamed on Russian Hackers now she is blaming on FBI Chief for her loss

Trump election: Clinton blames defeat on FBI director
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Yagnasri wrote:
How can anyone be so stupid to do this kind of thing and claim that they have some brains to think? The only reason for such behaviour is a total belief that they can do anything and get away with it. Look at Toilet; they have published two semi-nude photos of Mrs Trump today. Just shows their mindset. There is a lot of people now rooting for DT to fail and fail very badly. I do hope he does some radical things like the "WALL" and getting out of treaties etc. Getting out of treaties is easy. All he may need is to give some executive order and all that.

After a long time, i and having real fun seeing CNN and UndiTv( oops did I wrote that?)
yaar hamare jo kaale-peele log hain, they have tremendous sense of entitlement. if they get a small window voh bas phail jaate hain (lavishly spread out) and they think they are at home and fire away. They are not in their country and they need to be aware that there are a thousand eyes watching them when they are abroad and when of a colour that sets them apart, those eyes are not necessarily watching you appreciatively. A classic mistake.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Was at a desi party today. Stunning info that Ramana may like:
1. Atleast 50-70% desis voted Trump. Islamics, business, democrat taxes and some pro white ppl soft corner were main issues.
2. Cant speak for California, but same story in most of east coast. So Hindus played a role in PA, NC, FL and to a certain extent ohio turning over to Trump
3. Indian TV channels played Trump visit to Hindu convention as an ad nonstop for last 2 weeks with Trump asking for Hindu vote, that made lot of ppl make decision
4. Just like white our folks were shamed before election, so they did not speak outwardly, but showed their preference at the voting booth.
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

Trump knows that economy is in a real mess. He has been saying that there will be a massive recession, but stopped talking about it during second part of the campaign. But he surely has plans, and following is my guess:
1. Increase interest rate, he realizes that low interest rate created dangerous bubble
2. Reduce tax to offset impact of higher interest rate
3. Bring back manufacturing to US and create jobs, start steel and coal mining and oil drilling for domestic use
4. Spend money on infrastructure - wall, roads, bridges, tunnels, airports, hospitals etc.
5. Will have to print money, but economic growth has to be faster than increase in debt. I won't be surprised if he creates debt free money.
6. He will surely negotiate with creditors to reduce debt burden. He is well known as a stingy businessman.
7. Cut government spending on useless things like clean energy, subsidizing NATO, UN etc.

As far as I see, three big casualties of Trump government will be the Wall Street, Silicon Valley bubble and alternate energy program running on government subsidy. Easy money is over, and the available capital will be going after the segment Trump is pushing, i.e. manufacturing and infrastructure. Real estate will just be a collateral damage.

Dark horse in the game is, IMF etc. will try to get rid of reserve currency status of USD because of Trump's protectionist policies. Probably Trump is okay with it, his goals are not global domination but protecting Americans' interests.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Bhai I will not comments on you other points but on IMF.

IMF is a western dominated bank and the leader of the western world is USA and there is no other country willing to take over that mantle (forget the US conceding for the moment) as far as I can see. The question of junking USD as the reserve currency in the near future does not arise.

Just because something is called *International*MF or *World* Bank does NOT make them powerful when compared to a country like US or China. WB or IMF is powerful when dealing with Butan or Bakistan.

BTW, have you done any research on the structure of IMF/WB or how its chiefs are appointed?
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

With the election of Trump, western block has split. Even though US bears big share of IMF/WB budget, Trump will no longer be interested in that. That will cause IMF and gang to push hard for IMF SDR as new reserve currency and kick out useless USD.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

And what is SDR ... do you know its composition? Is it created out of think air like USD? And who appoints IMF/WB chief? Is there any country that hold a *near* veto in IMF/WB decisions? Will that veto disappear overnight?

*IMF and gang*??? that is priceless :rotfl: Pray tell us about this gang and its composition because IMF by itself is *useless*

USD useless :rotfl: The next most powerful country i.e China is holding in excess of $2 trillion of this. And Japan and India and the rest of Asia. When are they going to dump the *useless* USD?
Last edited by pankajs on 13 Nov 2016 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

Useless for IMF. Funds dried up.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

You are talking cats paws like imf. Paws may change and colour.

The cat is still very much the same fierce creature