Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rammpal
BRFite

Re: Understanding the United States of America (USA) - III

Post by Rammpal »

Singha wrote:
His views are in stark contrast with those of Theresa May, who has accused President Assad’s regime of perpetrating “atrocious violence” and said that the long-term future of Syria must be “without Assad”.

Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, has accused Russia of perpetrating war crimes over the deaths of hundreds of civilians.

How touching.
i.e.: she's not bothered about civilian hardship in Yemen, and in numerous other African countries ? :evil:
Manas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Manas »

I voted for Mr. Trump. But living in the deep blue state of California my vote didn't matter. I had voted for President Obama twice, voted for democratic women candidates for house and senate this time but voted for Mr. Trump for president. I am for gun control, women's right to choose (with some exceptions) etc. I am an independent but tend to lean democrat on a lot of social issues. However, I felt that Ms. Clinton lacked the judgement (e-mail server), obstructed justice (deleting 33K emails), perjury (lying to congress), war monger, anti-hindu/anti-modi, corrupt, deceitful, devoid of a vision (other than Mr. Trump is bad), vote bank politics Practitioner. Besides, the MSM's one sided, anti-Trump tirade got me really irritated. I also felt that this vote bank politics is not healthy in the long run as nobody spoke up for Caucasian middle America nor the tax paying upper middle class. Besides Mr. Trump clearly stated that he will go after "carried interest" that the top 0.1% take advantage of whereas Ms. Clinton talked about the "rich have to pay their fair share" i.e. the Top 2% will pay more (that already pay ~50% of all taxes) without touching the "carried interest" provision (because she collectec $M's in speech fees from wall street). In addition to the real issues outlined above - this was my way of showing the middle finger to the establishment. Plus Mr. Trump is truly disruptive with this thinking (like a true silicon valley startup) for ex. Russia (wouldn't it be great if he strikes a deal with Mr. Putin and has U.S. troops on Russian soil for an "anti-terror exercise") essentially redefining a new global world order. Mr. Trump in essence has the right instincts on the big issues (as Mr. Peter Thiel said) on resetting Russian relations (outside the cold war zero sum game prism), describing the existential threat to pluralistic democracies i.e. "radical Islamic terrorism" the way it should be called.

While he has his deficiencies in his personal life, overall he is going to be a much better president in the Pres Regan mold. Ms. Clinton would have been a disaster internationally (more innocents killed due to ill advised U.S. interventions), inimical to India's interests, too much status quo reg U.S. domestic policies.

It is kind of amusing to see MSM again hyper ventilating about how President Elect Mr. Tump is anti semitic (his Son In Law is Jewish), he is Xenophobic (his wife is an immigrant), he is misogynist (he hired a woman Ms. Conway to be his campaign manager who BTW did a fantastic job and really seems like a fantastic, professional, brilliant person). Mr. Trump is anti "illegal" immigration, he wants to dismantle an uncompetitive U.S. tax, regulatory regime and seems to follow a meritocracy based hiring regime. Does he have tendencies of a rich playboy that pushed his luck with attractive women that consented - probably - but that is not the litmus test to hire the best man/woman for the job to be the president.

He is not afraid to say "radial Islamic terrorism" that clinched it for me.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Mihaylo wrote:Followed this thread since Trump's nomination a few months ago. I just have to say that for people who didn't follow the MSM, this is not a surprise at all. We saw the the Trump Train coming for a few months now and knew he was going to win. She was not a better candidate period. And no matter what the MSM threw at him his support never waned. That should have told smart people something, but then again, people following the MSM are not smart. Just my two cents and #MAGA

-M
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

DT's COS is an insider of GOP, and his advisor is a right wing media site head who is a close friend of DT. Exciting times. Maybe the advisor will keep the agenda promise of DT online. If DT implements even few like reforms of Obomber care and infra development, he is in for another term. But sending HC to jail is a critical thing for core voters of DT and also GOP base.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Donald Trump's First Interview Since Winning The Election: Key Highlights And Full

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-1 ... transcript

Trump says he will talk with FBI Director Comey before deciding whether to ask his resignation, says "I respect him a lot"
Trump, on pledge to appoint special prosecutor to investigate Clintons, says "I don't want to hurt them. They're good people"
Trump says he is "fine" with same-sex marriage; says He Does Not Intend To Overturn Supreme Court Ruling on Gay Marriage
Trump confirms he will forego salary as president
Trump tells protesters: "don't be afraid"
Trump condemns harassment of minorities
Trump vows to name pro-life, pro-gun rights Supreme Court justices
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiX-pPQMgXc

People weeping and all that. Really, they have no courage or take capacity take a hit and keep going.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

DT says he will go after illegal migrants with a criminal record or security threat immediately, not all illegal migrants who are a much larger pool. paul ryan added they do not intend to setup a special deportation police....(so using normal resources).

must be lot of anxiety in the illegal migrants.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Austin wrote:Donald Trump's First Interview Since Winning The Election: Key Highlights And Full

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-1 ... transcript

Trump says he will talk with FBI Director Comey before deciding whether to ask his resignation, says "I respect him a lot"
Trump, on pledge to appoint special prosecutor to investigate Clintons, says "I don't want to hurt them. They're good people"
Trump says he is "fine" with same-sex marriage; says He Does Not Intend To Overturn Supreme Court Ruling on Gay Marriage
Trump confirms he will forego salary as president
Trump tells protesters: "don't be afraid"
Trump condemns harassment of minorities
Trump vows to name pro-life, pro-gun rights Supreme Court justices
Good interview and some very good answers ! I saw a pretty smart president elect out there...but then perhaps I need somebody 'enlightened' like the erstwhile Hillary-bhakts on this board, to explain to us plebians why Trump's buffoonery shines through in this interview ? Any takers ?
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Trump sees India as its Asia Pivot... 8) 8) 8)

(Some meat to chew on - for BRFites)

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/13/us-econo ... -ally.html
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Yagnasri wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiX-pPQMgXc

People weeping and all that. Really, they have no courage or take capacity take a hit and keep going.
Come to think of it, these are no different then aapians who see kejri as their massiah.
Rammpal
BRFite

Post by Rammpal »

Kati wrote:Trump sees India as its Asia Pivot... 8) 8) 8)

(Some meat to chew on - for BRFites)

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/13/us-econo ... -ally.html
Because of this ??

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.co ... Chicks.jpg

err, more Meat to chew on ?!!! :D
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Is it that what actually happened in the United States was a fight between Jihadis on one side and Crusaders on the other side?
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Complaining about electoral college after the election is already over is like playing a NFL football (american) game prepared and dressed up as a baseball player and then cry after getting the everloving sh1t kicked out of you.

But some folks are now going further: Playing football prepped properly, understanding all the rules of the game, losing sorely on the metrics needed to win and then complaining that the rules are not of baseball where the metrics might have been better.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-globa ... SKBN1380YM
Dollar climbs as U.S. yields spike; Asia shares divided

The U.S. dollar hit a nine-month peak in Asia on Monday as the risk of faster domestic inflation and wider budget deficits sent Treasury yields ever higher, a painful mix for assets in many emerging market countries.

<...>
The dollar has been on a tear since the victory of Republican Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential election on Nov. 8 triggered a massive sell off in Treasuries.

Yields on the U.S. 10-year Treasury notes climbed to their highest since January on Monday at 2.21 percent US10YT=RR, while 30-year paper reached 3 percent.

Just two days of selling last week wiped out more than $1 trillion across global bond markets, the worst rout in nearly 1-1/2 years, according to Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

The jump in yields on safe-haven U.S. debt threatened to suck funds out of emerging markets, while the risk of a trade war between the United States and China soured the mood in Asia.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

uddu wrote:Is it that what actually happened in the United States was a fight between Jihadis on one side and Crusaders on the other side?

Jihadis on one side. Crusaders on the other side. And Trump on the winning side.

Trump does not belong to anyside, at this moment. Not sure about tomorrow.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

LokeshC wrote:Complaining about electoral college after the election is already over is like playing a NFL football (american) game prepared and dressed up as a baseball player and then cry after getting the everloving sh1t kicked out of you.

But some folks are now going further: Playing football prepped properly, understanding all the rules of the game, losing sorely on the metrics needed to win and then complaining that the rules are not of baseball where the metrics might have been better.

How the mighty have fallen.

they are behaving like the unwashed pakis and are being led by the nose by a rabid, vengeful press, instigated by a sore, malevolent and incompetent loser.

The US is today reviled around the world, lost it's mojo and (has) got / (is) getting the holy crap kicked out of it everywhere that it is involved in or has poked it's uninvited filthy nose into other's business.

looking more and more like a third world country, led by a second rate leadership who was supporting terrorism to thwart the ruskies/iran. Good riddance to obama and his gang of closet islamists.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/14/steve-bannon-who-is-the-donald-trumps-chief-strategist-and-why-i/
“If there’s an explosion or a fire somewhere,” said Matthew Boyle, political editor for Mr Bannon’s website, Breitbart, “Steve’s probably nearby with some matches.”
“I come from a blue-collar, Irish Catholic, pro-Kennedy, pro-union family of Democrats,” Mr Bannon told Bloomberg.

“I became a huge Reagan admirer. Still am.
“Many former employees of Breitbart News are afraid of Steve Bannon,” wrote Ben Shapiro, a former editor-at-large of Breitbart, who resigned in disgust at the site’s fawning coverage of Mr Trump.

“He is a vindictive, nasty figure, infamous for verbally abusing supposed friends and threatening enemies. “Bannon is a smarter version of Trump: he’s an aggressive self-promoter who name-drops to heighten his profile and woo bigger names, and then uses those bigger names as stepping stools to his next destination.”

Mr Shapiro, who wrote in August about his shock at the appointment, savaged his former boss and issued a dire warning.

“Trump may be his final destination. Or it may not,” he wrote. “He will attempt to ruin anyone who impedes his unending ambition.”
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/two-thirds-of-silicon-valley-ceos-are-south-asians-lamented-trump-campaign-chief/article9014623.ece
Stephen Bannon, the newly appointed chief executive of Donald Trump’s campaign, is a virulent opponent of the H-1B visa programme that brings thousands of Indian skilled workers to the U.S. Breitbart News, the right-wing website that he runs, campaigns against the visa programme and Mr. Bannon, while interviewing Mr. Trump in November 2015 lamented that two thirds of Silicon Valley CEOs were Asians.

When Mr. Trump argued that getting talented job creators through legal channels into the U.S. was required, and he “felt strongly about it,” the interviewer – Mr. Bannon – countered him saying the country is “not only an economy.”

In the interview, Mr. Trump - though he got the details wrong -- cited the case of Snapdeal founder Kunal Bahl, who could not stay on in the U.S. after studies as his application for an H-1B visa was turned down.

“We have to create job creators. One man went to Harvard, did well, but was not allowed to stay, went back to his home in India, started a company, which is now a very successful company with thousands and thousands of employees. He wanted to do it here. We have to be careful about this. We have to keep the talented people in this country,” Mr. Trump said.

Mr. Bahl did not go to Harvard, but to Wharton Business School – which is Mr. Trump’s alma mater too. The Bahl story is repeatedly cited by supporters of immigration such as AOL founder Steve Case. “They have 5,000 employees now in India,” Mr. Case said once. “Those 5,000 employees could have been in the United States.” In Congressional hearings on immigration also, proponents of immigration have repeatedly cited Mr. Bahl’s case.

Mr. Trump continuously makes the distinction between “job creators” and other immigrants - including in this particular interview. “It is not good. We have to do something about it. People are coming in and they are taking jobs. They are getting paid less money,” the candidate told Mr. Bannon who said American technology companies were “letting go highly trained IT workers, and even forcing them to train their foreign replacements” brought in through the H 1B visa programme. While agreeing with the interviewer, Mr. Trump added a rider. “One of the things that I said before, and I feel strongly about this. When somebody is going to Harvard or Princeton, Pen, Stanford and they graduate and we throw them out of the country. And they can’t get back in. I think that is terrible. We have got to be able to keep great people in the country,” he said and cited the Bahl story.

“I think you agree with that. Do you agree with that?,” Mr. Trump asked Mr. Bannon. “Well. I got to be tougher…when two thirds or more of the CEOS in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or Asia…A country is more than an economy. We are a civic society,” the chief executive of the Trump campaign replied. “We have to keep them legally,” responded Mr. Trump. “When people come in, they have to come in legally. I want people to come in, Steve. And I have said many times. I am building a wall. Like Israel did. When these characters say the wall does not work..The wall in Israel works. I still want people to come in. Those people who are waiting in queue for years to get in are being bypassed by illegal people,” said Mr. Trump.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

I discussed this with some of my friends who are in the H1 --> GC queue.

They say Ombaba did much worse for the legal immigrant community, but he always kept a smiling face while stabbing them in the back.

Dont expect this admin to be far away from today's statusquo. Just that they are open and honest about it. Sucks, but atleast we know what they are thinking.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

But Obama did pass some measures which did mitigate the suffering of folks waiting on GC line...like spouses could work, changing jobs became slightly easier plus I think renewal H1 is given for 3 years instead of a year. Trust me...at least one of my friend's job got saved by the last move. His employer was about to give up on him due to costs associated with H1 renewal each year.

But yes, since 9/11 & dot com boom, very little has been done to fast track status change for legal immigrant community.

Unfortunately, I think India is unable to provide jobs and/or enough good paying jobs for certain engineering sectors. These folks are forced to explore options outside. So as much as we wish, there will be people aspiring for H1B visa (onlee until they "land" & realize that they've entered in to another trap...like a bird in a golden cage :))
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

A lesson the media will never forget.

A lesson the media will never forget.

By Balbir Punj | 12th November 2016

The one big revelation from the US presidential election campaign is the widening gap between the “liberal” media and the people of America. For days together during the campaign the media went on to tell the world — not just Americans — that Donald Trump was not fit to be the President of America.

Trump has been elected by the same America that had twice elected a black as the President. It has now turned against the ‘minoritism’ that raised the once suppressed or the ordinary to the White House – the haberdasher Truman, the Catholic Kennedy, the non-academic Ronald Reagan and the African-American Obama.

The overflow of liberalism in the US saw ideas like same-sex marriage, bearing children via surrogacy, the surge in divorce reducing over 40 per cent families to single parent ones, the huge outflow of American jobs to other countries, the Lehman collapse and the resultant popular anger against the Washington establishment — added up to a return to the conservative core that made America what it is: honour for the man who fights his battle alone, wins and makes his billions by taking enormous risks.

In the case of the Republican nominee Trump, besides his self-made billions, there was the straight talk that if elected, he would not allow America to be swamped by immigrant Muslims from North Africa and West Asia and will not treat the terrorist jihadis of the IS with kid gloves. The US media failed to get to the heart of growing American anger against the religious liberalism that was enabling many American Muslims to become a jihadi.

In this growing anger against international jihadism, Americans are not alone. The election results in Germany, France and public opinion in Britain are turning against the new demon of self-proclaimed destroyer of all that is not its version of Islam in a war against civilized values of humanity.

After the drubbing the US media got in this election, the media elsewhere, especially in India should take notice. It should rethink its attempt to be the evangelist of every dissident countrymen who think it is their basic right to condemn their own country as the one which needs to be broken down to pieces and the country’s detractors elevated to heroes instead of being sent to the gallows.

The upset victory of the straight-talking and no-nonsense real estate billionaire in the US should be a warning that across the globe, especially in India, that often it is the intellectuals claiming to be liberals who, by seeing virtues in felons and fifth-columnists alike are weakening a nation’s defence against the determined infiltrators and the death-spewing jihadi terrorists.

Today, France that has been hit hard by jihadi killers in Paris. Belgium also has been affected by similar killers who targeted the Brussels airport. Britain, Germany, Spain that had a taste of such barbarism are ruing the day that they had allowed North African and West Asian “refugees and immigrants” to enter freely.

In our country, several districts in Assam, West Bengal, Bihar etc., have witnessed a change in religious demography. There is a sharp rise among the Muslims in Hyderabad and North Malabar under the influence of the IS. It has resulted in over 21 couples — many recent converts — opting to join the IS and organisations seeking to impose by force a Sharia rule in their area as a parallel law to India’s civil and criminal law.

The US Presidential campaign saw the conservative Donald Trump getting demonstrative support from a good section of influential Indian Americans there. America is now fully aware of the perfidy and double talk of Pakistan using American aid – latest Congressional reports indicate 33 billion dollars – to build up its armed force for allegedly helping American interests but actually to attack India, thrice in direct war and now continuing terrorist thrusts.

China is seeking to build up Pakistan as a client state against Indian interests and continues to oppose New Delhi’s entry into the Nuclear Suppliers Group. The country is also blocking the effort of the international community to declare JeM’s Masood Azhar as a terrorist.

Trump’s entry into the White House will coincide with a resurgence of China’s “One Belt, One Road”, Asian domination under Beijing’s diktat, the Chinese bid to grab the South China Sea Islands in which there are seven other claimants from the neighbouring Pacific rim countries and its claims on everybody else’s land to its south and east.

The Trump presidency will also coincide with the comparative decline in the growth of the Chinese economy and growing awareness of its neighbours from Japan to South-east Asia and India about Chinese imperial ambitions. If Trump is to reassert America as the global leader he will have to accept India as a firm partner in an Asian alliance against Beijing’s ambition to dominate Asia. The hopeful sign is that Donald Trump has captured American imagination with a denouncement of the Washington cabal that is more eager to balance for peace rather than going along with it.

It may be historic that while India has had two years and more of a pragmatic, no-nonsense Prime Minister who can take bold decisions as he demonstrated in fighting deeply entrenched black money with a courageous but risky move by demonitisation of high value notes, America too now will have a no-nonsense President. That gives hope for a stronger India-America partnership for keeping the peace and curbing jihadi undergrowth and ambitions.

Balbir Punj is a former Rajya Sabha member and a Delhi-based commentator on social and political issues
Email: punjbalbir@gmail.com
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Donald Trump Full Interview with CBS

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes- ... ley-stahl/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

a swift kick to some juicy saudi nuts and man, did the little prince learn his lesson very very quickly. This one is f@(ked and far from home.

Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

What an "effing" Soothi poncy pimp! No bl**dy guts to stand his ground.I do fear for Don Aldo Trump.There have bene previous conspiracies which have taken out US presidents.JFK and Nixon immediately come to mind. JFK "whacked" by a CIA-Mafia-White Southern establishment op and NIxon by a stupidl re-election job which some now say was deliberately leaked so that NIxon could be brought down. In both JFK and Nixon's case they wanted to ease global tensions.JFK was against a full US intervention in Vietnam,Nixon likewise visited Russia and China,'detente" was the watchword.He did enormous good for global peace and should've recd. the Nobel Peace prize.Instead his peace-mongering saw him deposed in the Watergate conspiracy.

Don Aldo Trump is immensely hated by the Washington establishment. There is a huge body of Americans who refuse to accept his victory,defying democracy.Hillary C and hubby Bill will not sit idle and watch Trump rule in peace. The so-called demonstrators are being whipped up by the estab. The candles are being burnt at both ends to see how Trump can be brought down,if poss. before his swearing -in.Watch this space.The prediction by some prof. that his "gut feeling" was that Trump would be impeached is a warning sign of what may happen in the future.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Not drawing salary, while handing over business to kids and claiming there will be no conflict of interest is.... What is the word to use ?
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Steve Bannon’s Dream: A Worldwide Ultra-Right
Bannon and Breitbart are looking to build a Trumpian media empire in Europe by courting its most mediagenic right-wing extremists.
Bannon’s support for European far-right parties runs far deeper than his interest in Marion Maréchal-Le Pen or the National Front. He brags about his international Breitbart operation as “the platform” for the American alt-right, and has for years been thinking globally, with an affinity for the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP), Alternative for Germany (AfD), and the Party for Freedom Party (PVV) in the Netherlands, all of which have earned glowing coverage on the pages of Breitbart.
But the election of Bannon’s man Donald Trump as president of the United States has made the globalization of Breitbart and its message infinitely more plausible than it ever was before, and politicians once considered Europe’s deplorables are now rushing to bask in the gilded glow of Trump and Bannon.
On Saturday, Britain’s Nigel Farage, whose blatant and acknowledged lies helped convince his countrymen to opt out of the European Union in the Brexit vote, visited the president-elect in his eponymous Fifth Avenue tower.
Farage emerged from the meeting looking like he’d just won the jackpot at one of the pre-bankruptcy Trump casinos, suggesting that the new president’s “inner team” was not too happy with Tory Prime Minister Theresa May, since she’d been skeptical of Brexit before the vote. Would that “inner team” be Bannon? In our post-factual world, maybe we can say, “People say…”
Breitbart, which currently has operations in London and Jerusalem, certainly has plans to expand in France and Germany with new bureaus to cultivate and promote the populist-nationalist lines there.
“He has long wanted to work with all of those parties, but that was only in promoting them with Breitbart,” a source close to Bannon told The Daily Beast. “Now he has the power of the White House to do it.”
Bannon, elevated Sunday night from the head of Trump’s favorite public-relations outfit masquerading as news outlet to a White House senior counselor, is right now the direct line between the European far-right and Donald J. Trump, leader of the free world.
“If Stephen gets the offer to be Chief of Staff and says yes, then he runs the show,” a Trump aide told The Daily Beast before Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus was picked for that job, and Bannon received his very, very senior position.
That’s more than a little bit disturbing, considering that Bannon was openly influenced by Nazi propagandist Leni Riefenstahl, who rose to prominence as a blonde bombshell before producing such masterpieces of propaganda as “Triumph of the Will.”
So strong are the winds of right-wing change at the moment—even if it’s not clear whether they’re just gusts or sustained—that when the European Union’s foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, convened EU foreign ministers for an urgent dinner Sunday night to discuss the impact of the Trump victory, two quickly declined: Britain’s once and future Brexiteer, Boris Johnson, which was not much of a surprise; and France’s Jean-Marc Ayrault, who demurred as if he had something better to do. In fact, his Socialist government is scrambling to find right-wing credibility before elections next spring: a Sisyphean task given polls showing President François Hollande now has an approval rating of 4 percent (you read that right: 4 percent) :lol: .
From the Netherlands, The Daily Beast’s Nadette De Visser reports that Geert Wilders (famous for his dyed blonde hair) is tapping into Trump's one-liners: “We will make the Netherlands great again,” he tweets, adding: “I will give the Netherlands back to the Dutch because the Netherlands is our country.”
“Everywhere democratic revolutions are underway. They will drive the elites from power,” says Wilders, whose Twitter feed seems to mirror Trump’s—or is it Bannon's?—at every turn.
Similartly, Wilders has no qualms about using the Kremlin’s RT television network to broadcast his message. In an interview with RT, Wilders said, “Politics will never be the same and what I call the ‘patriotic spring’ is an enormous incentive. What I say to the Europeans is, ‘Look at America, what America can do, we can do as well.’”
And up to a point the strategy appears to be working. Geert Wilders’s PVV is on the rise in some of the polls, which suggest it will be the biggest political party in the Netherlands. After Trump’s victory, the PVV went from 27 to 29 potential seats in the Dutch parliament, which would make it the single biggest bloc. But Wilders's record shows he’d find it almost impossible to pull together coalition partners in the 150-seat assembly. So where he’ll continue to build his notoriety will be on the international stage—a mission Breitbart is likely to make very possible.
Barbie Latza Nadeau reports from Rome that Matteo Salvini of the Northern League, who may be the most blatantly racist and xenophobic of all the West European wingnuts, says he’s offered to help Trump make inroads in European politics. “If Brexit teaches us something, if the election of Donald Trump teaches us something,” Salvini tweeted, “it is that today we get going to take over the power.”
But not everybody is as flattered by Trump/Bannon’s attentions as Marion Maréchal-Le Pen, Nigel Farage, Geert Wilders, and Matteo Salvini have shown themselves to be. And the least flattered, most offended of all may be the European leader most often compared to Donald Trump in terms of background and style.
Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is patently offended by the analogy. “Of course there are some similarities in that he is an entrepreneur who decided to use his expertise to help his country,” Berlusconi said of Trump to Corriere della Sera. “But I have never opted for protectionist or isolationist policies that would hurt the country,” and “politics has taught me that people are not judged by programs, but by their behavior. Let’s see him at work.”
Good idea. And once the Trump tsunami has passed, let’s see what is left of Europe.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Kind of ironic that khan foments all sorts of color-revolutions around the world and yet this "Orange Revolution" happened right at American heartland without warning.

Do not want to be around, if wikileaks come out at some point with emails from Putin that he helped organize this. too much nook-nudity right there :oops:
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

the protest are in place so as to pressure Trump to select establishment insiders to key posts, so that business wars can go on as usual. If he selects some rebel kind of people, then expect protests to 'intensify'. Already names of some 'neocons' of the old Bush republican regime are doing rounds as up for selection.

more than Trump, these protests prove that Obama & Hillary are totally compromised goods.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Trump win is no catastrophe, it's politics - Stephen Cohen

Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Gus wrote:Not drawing salary, while handing over business to kids and claiming there will be no conflict of interest is.... What is the word to use ?
Err...what would you have recommended that he do ?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Arjun wrote:
Gus wrote:Not drawing salary, while handing over business to kids and claiming there will be no conflict of interest is.... What is the word to use ?
presidents are supposed to put all business interests into a blind trust whilst they are in office. his son has previously refused to do so
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

hnair wrote:Kind of ironic that khan foments all sorts of color-revolutions around the world and yet this "Orange Revolution" happened right at American heartland without warning.

Do not want to be around, if wikileaks come out at some point with emails from Putin that he helped organize this. too much nook-nudity right there :oops:
in the not too distant future we will see tsar putinovich take credit for this orange revolution
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

south korea is having its own revolution...very large anti-Govt protests
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

LokeshC wrote:Complaining about electoral college after the election is already over is like playing a NFL football (american) game prepared and dressed up as a baseball player and then cry after getting the everloving sh1t kicked out of you.

You might find this tweet interesting:
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

as is Italy (5 star movement), brazil and Venezuela
south Africa is teetering on the edge
Australia is rumbling
Philippines has already gone
Poland and hungary are lurching to the xenophobic right
Baltics are pooping their pants

French and dutch elections are next... then Germany next year
Israel appears nervous given that bannon is now in the ascendant
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

LokeshC wrote: I am happy, regardless of what happens to me here.
Spoken like a true Bharat Rakshak.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Austin wrote:
Trump has to be Really Lucky and May God Save him that a Crash and worst then 2008 would not happen under his watch.
Au contraire, That might be Trump's Carpe Diem moment and his ability to think on his feet will prove something which might help Americans.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Dipanker wrote: You might find this tweet interesting:
There is a huge difference in complaining before entering/(results) the game versus whining after loosing the game!
Last edited by JwalaMukhi on 14 Nov 2016 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Maybe you should notice the date of the tweet.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Arjun wrote:
Something that has no conflict of interest that does not depend on a person's say so?