India-Australia News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
rahulm
BRFite

Re: India-Australia News and Discussion

Post by rahulm »

Vish, I have lived in Oz longer than you have and continue to live here. India is where my heart is but oz is home. Given a set of circumstances or at least a reasonable chance they will happen in the forseable future, I would return to India.

Many forumites,see Australia as some sort of bastion of racist people. This is simply not true, you, I and others who live here and have chosen and taken the effort to understand their ways know it's far from the truth. I commend you for batting for your view and for Oz which has given me much as has India. I have avoided getting into this particular fracas on the forum because I don't think, rightly or worngly, i have a Buckley's chance of making a difference but to each his own, I suppose :D
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

Chetakji, no worries mate! at the end of the day all of us who care for ma Bharati, will continue to contribute in our own ways. Rahul good to know someone from the land of downunder. I dont know why but i thought you were here in past life and moved to massa! may be mixed you with someone else.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

vish_mulay wrote:You expect Australia to change its tune by we doing nothing? what exactly you suggest when you say until it changes its tune? serious question, as i am not clear what is in bilateral interest which is not done by Australia.
Vish Mulayji,
Australia has done nothing by themselves with respect to India (or China). All was done to follow the US lead. If the US turns its back to India, as it did for so many countries (Soviet Union after the fall of Germany, Pakistan, China etc.) Australia will follow immediately. India needs to do nothing with respect with Australia. It just needs to deal with the US. Why deal with a slave, when you can deal with the master directly? By doing nothing, Australia will realize that how alone it is in Asia, and China is creeping in. Then you will see how the tune changes. This happened during the second world war, but Australia was saved by allied powers, it will happen again. Australia must realize that while it may look white, it does not inherit the European civilization automatically with the DNA. It has no right to look down upon Asia. A large country with low population and huge mineral wealth will attract predators. So, I said let them stew in its own juices, till it learns better behavior.
My last on this topic Vishji,
Gautam
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Its in the best interests of Australia to make peace with the Chinese. Or stay neutral at best.
By itself Australia can do diddly squat against China, except putting up a valiant defence of Oz if it ever comes to that.
Apart from that, there isnt any pressing need for OZ to gang up against China.

But this Oz insecurity wrt the Chinese works in our favour.Except for the uranium, OZ land is just another big natural resources rich country.

Engagement with OZ is warranted and on the right track currently.

We must be a bit introspective while talking about Oz racist problems. We wouldn't take kindly to them commenting on our social issues. If racism is a problem in Australia, its an Aussie problem.Not ours.It isnt a factor at all in bilateral relations nor should be.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

rahulm wrote:Vish, I have lived in Oz longer than you have and continue to live here. India is where my heart is but oz is home. Given a set of circumstances or at least a reasonable chance they will happen in the forseable future, I would return to India.

Many forumites,see Australia as some sort of bastion of racist people. This is simply not true, you, I and others who live here and have chosen and taken the effort to understand their ways know it's far from the truth. I commend you for batting for your view and for Oz which has given me much as has India. I have avoided getting into this particular fracas on the forum because I don't think, rightly or worngly, i have a Buckley's chance of making a difference but to each his own, I suppose :D
Hain ji! how do we know hain. I demand and independent panel to review these claims of urs saar :twisted: :mrgreen:

Bhava hope all is well and time for another kottu roti catch up once i am back into oz...!
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

Mein Herr Bhausaheb. Good to hear from you. I hope the Fatherland is treating you well.

Have been in desh for 2 months fighting the effing system to get my rights.No acche din for me yet but I meet a new kind of parasite every day. The statistical feel good stuff hides a lot of cr@p.

A Mamlatdar said, Prime Ministers come and go but we are constant. Hamari khane ki aadat kabi nahi jayegi All the best to NaMo.

Never mind. Hopefully back end of September. Will ping you when in Melbourne. More when we meet.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the "India Nuclear News and Discussion 4 July 2011" thread.

India - Australia Civil Nuclear Deal inches forward.

The Civil Nuclear Transfers to India Bill is introduced in Australia’s parliament on Wednesday with the intent to give legal and commercial certainty to Australian suppliers of their obligations under safeguard agreements:

Uranium sellers to get better protection
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Australian Green Party Senator Ms. Lee Rhiannon makes an anti-Indian speech regards India’s efforts to restore Law and Order in Jammu & Kashmir in the wake of Mohammadden violence which is gleefully picked up the Mohammadden Terrorist fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan (See: On 22 November, Australian Senator Lee Rhiannon, made a powerful statement in the Parliament regarding Indian atrocities). There seems to be personal animus in this rabid attack targeting India by Ms Lee Rhiannon as this subject is outside her area of responsibilities as a member of the Green Party (Clicky).

Text of Ms. Rhiannon’s anti-Indian speech:
Adjournment Speech: Jammu and Kashmir
Speeches in Parliament
Lee Rhiannon/ 23 Nov 2016/ Foreign Affairs/General/
Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Senator RHIANNON (New South Wales) (20:37): The people of occupied Jammu and Kashmir are facing a humanitarian crisis that requires urgent international attention. The people who live in this region have a right to live in peace, with their fundamental human rights to self-determination recognised and honoured. Kashmir has been subjected to centuries of foreign rule. Today, Jammu and Kashmir are occupied and divided between India, Pakistan and China. This situation is a product of British colonialism. Britain partitioned the subcontinent. Nation states were created by drawing arbitrary lines on maps at the close of the Second World War.

Whilst many of us might associate Kashmir with pleasant holidays, the reality for locals is very grim. Kilometres of barbed wire run across the landscape. There is mounting evidence that war crimes and crimes against humanity are being committed in this region. These crimes should be investigated and steps should be taken to end the human rights abuses. Tragically, the violence in this region is escalating. There are worrying reports of blockades limiting supplies of essential commodities to the people of this region. This is from the website of Amnesty International:

Human rights defenders, journalists and protesters continued to face arbitrary arrests and detentions. Over 3,200 people were being held in January under administrative detention on executive orders without charge or trial. Authorities also continued to use 'anti-terror' laws such as the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and other state-specific laws which do not meet international human rights standards.

Amnesty International has also released a report called Denied: failures in accountability for human rights violations by security force personnel in Jammu and Kashmir. This report documents the difficulties involved in resolving human rights violations. The report notes, at section 7, the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special Powers Act grants virtual immunity to members of the security forces from prosecution for alleged human rights violations.

So much of the violence in occupied Jammu and Kashmir violates the Geneva Convention of 1949 and the follow-up additional protocols of 1977. The distinction between civilian and non-civilian targets is not recognised. Indiscriminate attacks are not prohibited and state forces violate international guidelines. A Human Rights Watch report has identified mass graves of thousands of Kashmiris, possibly as high as 8,000. The Human Rights Commission inquiry confirmed there are thousands of bullet-ridden bodies buried in unmarked graves in Jammu and Kashmir. I understand the majority are young men.

Amnesty International recently called on the authorities in Kashmir to investigate alleged mass rapes of over 30 women in North Kashmir, in 1991, in the villages of Kunan and Poshpora. The women raped were aged between 13 and 70. Human Rights Watch has reported that between 50 and 100 women were raped by Indian Army forces on the night of 23 February 1991. At the time, Kashmir police stated that the case was untraceable and stopped the investigation in October 1991.

In 2011 India's human rights commission requested that Kashmir authorities launch a fresh investigation. In June 2013 Kashmir's Judicial Magistrate Court ordered the reinvestigation of the case. In August this year Amnesty International India temporarily closed its offices in India. The decision was taken shortly after Amnesty had hosted a function on recent events in Kashmir. There were concerns for the safety of Amnesty staff. Since July, Srinagar, the capital city of Kashmir, has had its mobile phone networks shut down, many newspaper offices have been raided and papers have been seized.

Tragically, civilians are often the target of attacks. In August, staff at a hospital in Srinagar covered their eyes with patches as an act of solidarity with the children and adults hit with pellets. The doctors and nurses are treating the civilians who are bearing the brunt of the war crimes. 'See our blindness' was one of the slogans on the doctors' placards. The action garnered international attention.

Australia has a strong connection with Kashmir. Successive governments have been engaged in finding a solution to the dispute that has been causing so much hardship since 1948, when the former coloniser of this land, Britain, withdrew from the region. In 1950 an Australian officer, Major General Robert Nimmo, was appointed Chief Military Observer. Australia held this position until 1966. In 1951 Australia sent eight military observers to UNMOGIP, the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan. These Australian observers served in Kashmir until 1985. By that time, 150 Australians had served under UNMOGIP. I understand the Australian government withdrew, as they thought the dispute had been resolved.

Also in 1950, the United Nations Security Council appointed Sir Owen Dixon, the sixth Chief Justice of Australia, as the UN representative to organise a plebiscite in Jammu and Kashmir, but the plebiscite was never held. This is not a reflection on Sir Owen Dixon. It was a failure of the international community. Australia should renew its work to ensure that a plebiscite is now held.

I believe Australia has a special responsibility—as a candidate for the United Nations Human Rights Council for 2018-20—to advocate for the protection of human rights of the people of Kashmir and Jammu. The two nations associated with Kashmir and Jammu are Pakistan and India. Both these countries are nuclear powers. If the Turnbull government is responsible, it should be working to de-escalate the current extreme situation. Foreign Minister Julie Bishop should be exploring every avenue to resolve the current tensions and assist to promote peace and justice in this region.

Clicky
Meanwhile the Hindu is reporting that Lee Rhiannon’s office is backing away from this rabidly anti Indian attack by saying “Although she gave this speech, she does not hold the relevant portfolio”. The Hindu also points out that Lee Rhiannon had in the past attacked Dharmic Sri Lanka. What they have not pointed out is that she has a track record of attacking Jewish majority Israel and supporting Mohammadden majority Palestine:

Australian Senator distances herself from Kashmir speech

Our Political and Foreign Policy top brass must demand the Australian Government inform us as to what action was taken by the ruling Australian Government to challenge this statement on the floor of the Australian Parliament and if not challenged, why that was the case.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

Any ozzy Barfites keen for a sydney meetup, pm me. ta
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Pathik wrote:Any ozzy Barfites keen for a sydney meetup, pm me. ta
Yes Indeed. I am in North Sydney.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

chetak wrote:
vish_mulay wrote:Chetak that's very myopic view for a country which everyone is suggesting is going to be next bread bowl of Asia. Largest wheat producers in Australia is a Grewal. Largest banana and blueberry producers are Sikhs. Many of the UK educated medicos are relocating to Australia and doing great. Next big investment will be farm and livestock. We need to think how to feed rapidly prospering population who will need quality calories which we can not produce locally. China is leasing huge land tracts here for farming and i have yet to see any Indian govt initiative to take advantage of this Australian policy. As far as racism is concern, i faced more racism in USA than I have faced here in last 8 years. there is racism no doubt but Indian MSM has blown it out of proportion.
All what you say can be done on cash and carry. Get the produce and leave the racism.

This aussie population has arisen out of low level british and other white trash that the british themselves could not handle. They have a historical racist mindset that is subtly being carried through in all their policies and dealings. They have now started appointing coolies in their corps diplomatic so that we are suitable fooled or mollified.

keep India's national interest at the top of the agenda and deal with every other country from that perspective. All of them do the very same when they deal with us anyway.

The aussies know that they will never catch up with us in many fields and the freedom of our foreign policy is not something that they have ever enjoyed or will ever enjoy. The poverty in India will remain for some time to come. That is not any reason for us to suck up to the aussies.

No military involvement of any sort with anyone for any reason.

I take a dim view of the Australian publishing the scorpene papers. Press freedom be damned, it is not the action of a friendly nation.

If this what we are to expect from them, we certainly don't need them.
Why should they not publish it. The Australian Government does own the press - more like the other way around. You want democracy but on your terms.. At least journalistic corruption here is not how it is back home....

sweeping generalisations - what chip do you have on which shoulder mate?
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

ks_sachin wrote:
Cant pm here due to authorisation issue
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

I am in. In Perth until 5th but will be back home after that.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

ks_sachin wrote:
e-tapal me at
b u r g e s s h i l l g u y attherate chacha
let me know once you do and i will delete this msg before the bradmins wakeup in IST :D
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

vish_mulay wrote:I am in. In Perth until 5th but will be back home after that.
e-tapal me at
b u r g e s s h i l l g u y attherate chacha
let me know once you do and i will delete this msg before the bradmins wakeup in IST :D
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

Send test mail
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

Has anyone noticed( though it really shouldn't be a huge revelation) that when spokespeople from countries like Australia or Canada even manage to express a reputedly anti-colonial position, that it is only to criticise India for some policy. Like Kashmir for example. It's not anti-colonialism as such, where the individual in question( in this example, the Australian lady) strongly condemns colonialism as a) a system of studied economic exploitation and b) a form of ethno-racial superiority, as in British superiority over native Indians. The condemnation of the British is only incidental and indirect. Others notorious for this stance are Perry Anderson of the UK, Neville Maxwell of Australia and Ingmar Lee of Canada. And this applies to even commentators from the 'left' of the political spectrum. Thus, you won't find a Shashi Tharoor like indictment of the British, by a Canadian writer. You will see criticisms of India on the Kashmir, Punjab and other regional issues. It's a gross intellectual and moral deficiency and cowardice from these countries and their representative spokesmen and writers.
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

Totally accept your observation. It has been a pain staking education for my circle about the horrors of colonialism in India. People get genuinely shocked when you share facts of exploitation and Tharoors (even though I hate his smugness)video is a fantastic tool for it. Australian education propagates egalitarian nature of the empire as if it is still part of it. The lady in question is throughout Islamic apologist and left looney green brigade.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Varoon Shekhar wrote:And this applies to even commentators from the 'left' of the political spectrum.
Actually left-wing people are the absolute worst at that. Right wing people are mostly in denial about the negative effects, but generally don't hector and lecture us the way that left-wing people do. From the reporter from the NYT that Gandhiji called a drain inspector, to any article in the Guardian or similar newspapers, the thinly veiled racism is most apparent from the left-wing folks.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/isis-ins ... ce-1641070
ISIS-Inspired Christmas Day Terror Plot Foiled In Australia: Police
World | Agence France-Presse | Updated: December 23, 2016 14:09 IST
SYDNEY: A "significant" ISIS-inspired Christmas Day terror plot targeting central Melbourne has been foiled after a series of arrests in raids across the city, police said Friday.
Victoria Police chief commissioner Graham Ashton alleged those detained planned to use explosives, knives and guns to attack busy locations including Melbourne's Flinders Street train station, Federation Square and St Paul's Cathedral.
"Over the last fortnight... we have had to conduct a criminal investigation relating to the formation of what we believe was a terrorist plot," he told a news conference.
"We believe that there was an intention to conduct what we call a multi-mode attack, possibly on Christmas Day.
"The attack that we will allege was being planned, we believe was going to involve an explosive event, the use of explosives, and we gathered evidence to support that."
Police believe the plotters were planning to also use other weapons including knives and guns.
The targets of the alleged attack are all in the same area in the heart of the city, and only a short distance from the Melbourne Cricket Ground where up to 100,000 people are expected to attend the Boxing Day Test between Australia and Pakistan.
If you play with Pak...
Gautam
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The BBC reports:
Indonesia suspends military co-operation with Australia
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38504188
Indonesia has suspended all military co-operation with Australia, saying "a lot of things needed to be improved".

Army spokesman Maj Gen Wuryanto said the halt came into force in December and a broad range of activities were affected, including joint training.

Australian Defence officials confirmed Indonesia had halted all defence co-operation over "teaching materials".

Bilateral relations have been tense at times in recent years, although there were recent signs of improvement.

"All forms of co-operation with the Australian military, including joint training, have been temporarily withheld. I hope it can be resolved as soon as possible," Maj Gen Wuryanto said.

Australia's Defence Minister Marise Payne said later in a statement: "Late last year concerns were raised by an Indonesian TNI (Indonesian National Armed Forces) officer about some teaching materials and remarks at an Army language training facility in Australia."

"The Australian Army has looked into the serious concerns that were raised and the investigation into the incident is being finalised."
sureshhh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sureshhh »

The hindu right-wing is now beginning to realise that right-wing in other countries are not their friends. First US, then UK, now Australia.
Bhurishravas
BRFite

Post by Bhurishravas »

sureshhh wrote:The hindu right-wing is now beginning to realise that right-wing in other countries are not their friends. First US, then UK, now Australia.
There is a reason why there has never been a `right-wing international` but only `communist international`. Only left wing loonies would sell their nation for some greater ideological goal. Besides calling everyone else who do not agree with their view `right-wing`, of course.
There is nothing for `hindu right-wing` to realise.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

sureshhh wrote:The hindu right-wing is now beginning to realise that right-wing in other countries are not their friends. First US, then UK, now Australia.
Saar what is it with you and "Right wing is finally proven wrong"? Every other thread you start the same story
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Right wing is desperate to immigrate then, i guess.
sureshhh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sureshhh »

sum wrote:
Saar what is it with you and "Right wing is finally proven wrong"? Every other thread you start the same story
You misunderstood. My point is that in other countries, right wing is for their country - Christian right-wing, for instance, will only fight for Christians, British RW only for british, etc. But in India we have a weird right wing ideology - it is not so much pro India as it is anti Muslim. Which is why anyone in a far away country who is even remotely anti muslim is considered a friend of India/Hindus. Remember how much hindu rw loved trump because they thought he would 'punish' muslims? Now the same Hindus are in a hole, afraid to show their faces.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

sureshhh wrote:You misunderstood. My point is that in other countries, right wing is for their country - Christian right-wing, for instance, will only fight for Christians, British RW only for british, etc. But in India we have a weird right wing ideology - it is not so much pro India as it is anti Muslim. Which is why anyone in a far away country who is even remotely anti muslim is considered a friend of India/Hindus. Remember how much hindu rw loved trump because they thought he would 'punish' muslims? Now the same Hindus are in a hole, afraid to show their faces.
lol you think RW in US and UK are not anti muslim? and RW in India is not as pro India but more anti muslim? We got your drift but you won't find any traction.
sureshhh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sureshhh »

Karthik S wrote:
sureshhh wrote:You misunderstood. My point is that in other countries, right wing is for their country - Christian right-wing, for instance, will only fight for Christians, British RW only for british, etc. But in India we have a weird right wing ideology - it is not so much pro India as it is anti Muslim. Which is why anyone in a far away country who is even remotely anti muslim is considered a friend of India/Hindus. Remember how much hindu rw loved trump because they thought he would 'punish' muslims? Now the same Hindus are in a hole, afraid to show their faces.
lol you think RW in US and UK are not anti muslim? and RW in India is not as pro India but more anti muslim? We got your drift but you won't find any traction.
The RW in US/UK is anti immigrant/anti foreigner, not specifically anti muslim. They will talk of Muslims - not any other immigrants - so that dumb people like hindu/sikh rw will fall for their propaganda. That happened in US, right? Hindus were doing puja to Trump, assuming he was anti muslim because he spoke 'harshly' of countries like saudi/pak. But now in power, he is targeting H1 B, not pak or saudi. Being anti foreigner is different from being specifically anti Muslim, which the RW in the west is not.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

sureshhh wrote:The RW in US/UK is anti immigrant/anti foreigner, not specifically anti muslim. They will talk of Muslims - not any other immigrants - so that dumb people like hindu/sikh rw will fall for their propaganda. That happened in US, right? Hindus were doing puja to Trump, assuming he was anti muslim because he spoke 'harshly' of countries like saudi/pak. But now in power, he is targeting H1 B, not pak or saudi. Being anti foreigner is different from being specifically anti Muslim, which the RW in the west is not.
Probably no more than "Muslims for trump". Guess you forgot about that eh...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/inaugu ... ng-n709466

http://www.thenational.ae/world/america ... nald-trump

I wonder what THEY were assuming...
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

sureshhh wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
The RW in US/UK is anti immigrant/anti foreigner, not specifically anti muslim. They will talk of Muslims - not any other immigrants - so that dumb people like hindu/sikh rw will fall for their propaganda. That happened in US, right? Hindus were doing puja to Trump, assuming he was anti muslim because he spoke 'harshly' of countries like saudi/pak. But now in power, he is targeting H1 B, not pak or saudi. Being anti foreigner is different from being specifically anti Muslim, which the RW in the west is not.
You need to understand the concept of RW first. RW is tribalism at its purest form. i.e. RW in any country are pro "their" people and country and against everything/body else. True, in that RW in US/UK are NOT JUST anti muslim but also anti immigration etc, because they do have immigration problem, heck some of them even don't want legal immigrants. We don't have such group because there is no immigration issues faced by us like them, apart from illegal BDs. BTW, no need to tow some media lines, in that some random people somewhere doing a puja doesn't mean billion hindus were doing the same for DT. Sure, it did seem like from his speeches he will act on TSP and its terror handlers, because, I hope you know about the alternative. And I really hope that people who asked for him assuming that he will take action on TSP on our behalf now realize that it's a mistake because we wanted to outsource fixing of our problem to others. But hey, it's not the only thing that his stand has changed, has he? So no need to say aha look what happened now. Because RW in India is here to stay, and it's needed for sometime to counterbalance what was done to us over past many decades, especially the last one. BTW making changes to H1 doesn't mean he is targeting Indians, it needed them anyway, as many Indians here have said and Masters students in the US would agree to.
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

sureshhh wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
Do you have first hand experience about what you write? I live in Australia and been here for last 10 years. Despite the hallagulla by the Indian media and some resident BRF members, I find Australia to be much less racist that what I have experienced in USA (again lived in USA for around 9 years). However, there is great concern about radicalization of the local Muslims. In Sydney, the whole underworld is controlled by the Lebanese crowd. Most of my gora friend circle is deeply concern about what is happening in the main land Europe and wishing that it should never come to these shores. There was a movement to get more than 15000 refugees from Syria and now it has been buried deep and no one is talking about it. So the whole anti-immigration movement is predominantly about radical islam and concerns about terrorism.
Coming to the specifics about this anti-India-immigration rhetoric, it is a fact that Australia has significant under employment and commodity based economy is not doing that great. The pie is shrinking and the economy just cant handle more skill immigration. Having said that, you will be surprised to note that the visa programme is not culled completely. Turnbell the politician is repacking it as a new 2 tier visa scheme. Nothing will change and dust will settle down soon. The only losers are the fake degree colleges who were charging upwards of 50K fees for hair dressing schools. You have no idea how much the immigration loop holes were exploited by the Punjab region.
By the way for every Pauline there is a Kamble, the worst of the kind!
sureshhh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sureshhh »

vish_mulay wrote:
sureshhh wrote:
Do you have first hand experience about what you write? I live in Australia and been here for last 10 years. Despite the hallagulla by the Indian media and some resident BRF members, I find Australia to be much less racist that what I have experienced in USA (again lived in USA for around 9 years). However, there is great concern about radicalization of the local Muslims. In Sydney, the whole underworld is controlled by the Lebanese crowd. Most of my gora friend circle is deeply concern about what is happening in the main land Europe and wishing that it should never come to these shores. There was a movement to get more than 15000 refugees from Syria and now it has been buried deep and no one is talking about it. So the whole anti-immigration movement is predominantly about radical islam and concerns about terrorism.
Coming to the specifics about this anti-India-immigration rhetoric, it is a fact that Australia has significant under employment and commodity based economy is not doing that great. The pie is shrinking and the economy just cant handle more skill immigration. Having said that, you will be surprised to note that the visa programme is not culled completely. Turnbell the politician is repacking it as a new 2 tier visa scheme. Nothing will change and dust will settle down soon. The only losers are the fake degree colleges who were charging upwards of 50K fees for hair dressing schools. You have no idea how much the immigration loop holes were exploited by the Punjab region.
Modern-day sepoy. :rotfl:

Hindus are busy playing defense counsel for the west. In the meantime, Muslims are conquering the west. I guess what I said earlier is true - Hindus/sikhs are basically mercenaries/coolies, whereas Muslims are soldiers with a mission.
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

sureshhh wrote:
vish_mulay wrote:
Modern-day sepoy. :rotfl:

Hindus are busy playing defense counsel for the west. In the meantime, Muslims are conquering the west. I guess what I said earlier is true - Hindus/sikhs are basically mercenaries/coolies, whereas Muslims are soldiers with a mission.
Hehehehehe when idiocy is masquerade as intelligence, its time to say goodbye! I don't prefer to wrestle with mahabhags who do not have basic understanding but pretend to be experts! Keep it up, will have last laugh when you bum is handed over by snr pubas who will loose patience with your moronic rantings!
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>"Muslims are soldiers with a mission"...

What mission is that, do you know?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I think Sureshhh is a Malsi. Heh heh. Not may of so called right wingers here are bothered about the Aussie decesion
sureshhh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sureshhh »

Aditya_V wrote:I think Sureshhh is a Malsi. Heh heh. Not may of so called right wingers here are bothered about the Aussie decesion
it's not aussie decision per se. It's a global trend where right-wingers are busy targeting hindus even though ironically hindu rw is defending them.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Sureshhh

Nobody here expects "right wingers" of any other nation to be pro Hindu or pro India.

However, the "right wingers" of other nations are almost universally anti Muslim. This is something to be celebrated irrespective and regardless of these groups' attitudes towards Hindus or India.

I may think that some particular surgeon is not a very nice person, but if he carries out cancer surgery effectively I will give him credit for that. Islam is a cancer on the substrate of human civilization. If it is being excised, that is a good thing irrespective of who the surgeon might be.

[post edited by admin - its ok to criticise radical islam but not to genocidal thoughts]
Aarvee
BRFite

Post by Aarvee »

sureshhh wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:I think Sureshhh is a Malsi. Heh heh. Not may of so called right wingers here are bothered about the Aussie decesion
it's not aussie decision per se. It's a global trend where right-wingers are busy targeting hindus even though ironically hindu rw is defending them.

How is the singaporean, H1B and 457 visa reforms (for lack of a better word) hindu targetting :?:

Funny thing is, no goras in my circle really said anything about desis and 457, may be out of courtesy. But most of my desi frnds are celebrating that they will have improved job opportunities. These said desi frnds all came here to ozzie land as students, got PR and settled in various testing roles (mostly). I am medical/health research and not in IT. We dont really see 457s in our field. I only saw one desi PostDoc on 457.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

Just extended Oz PR yesterday - its a loot at $360 :(( after paying such high taxes. Still prefer doing it every 5 years than give up on Desh passport.
Last edited by Pathik on 21 Apr 2017 09:55, edited 1 time in total.