Indian Defence Websites Watch

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Shishir
BRFite

Post by Shishir »

Some additions to the IA official website..

1. A new section on Regimental Histories has been added. Currently regimental histories of AOC, Army air defence and the Artillery Corps have been published in PDF format.

2. Baatcheet- Looks like a monthly magazine/newsletter(New?) by the army. Older issues are available on CD's too.. June issue here

3. The 'Dreamer's Club' conceived by COAS JJ Singh is already online. The general(Or his staff) has even responded to user questions in a few cases. Time for jingos to let your voices be heard on why the Arjun is so much better than the T-90. :)

4. AWWA has a brand new website as well.
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Shishir wrote:Some additions to the IA official website..
3. The 'Dreamer's Club' conceived by COAS JJ Singh is already online. The general(Or his staff) has even responded to user questions in a few cases. Time for jingos to let your voices be heard on why the Arjun is so much better than the T-90. :)
An absolute must.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Selfless stories from the finest army
Your Dream:
The Indian army is a world-class institution and it is our ‘Indianness’ that we don’t flaunt that capacity. There is tremendous interest among the western intelligentsia about the Indian army. The concept of maintaining such a large standing army - without conscription, as a solely voluntary force is wonderment to the west. If there is an astute instance of nobility in a soldier - it is the Indian soldier, a simple man with no demands, prepared to make the highest sacrifice. We are blessed to have such soldiers and such ideals in our army. I live in the West - these values are only a part of storybooks here. My dream is to bring out these values for people around the world. The platform would be an Indian army portal, where formations/ units / subunits could be represented - no classified information here - but only the Indian army way of life and the people who serve it so selflessly. The army has its own internal intranet but that is closed to the outside world - the websites available about the Indian army do not even scratch the surface. I would dream of every unit of the Indian army to have its own comprehensive website accessible - especially its retired people, their contributions, the value system - their stories could be told to people around the world. The young officer could be tasked - they could research unit history - visit their soldiers villages - their retired officers. They could collate information and present in their highly individualistic flavour - every Indian unit is different and they still come together for a common cause. You could have a rolling trophy awarded to websites/information portal. The world is keenly watching everything about India. The Indian army soldier exemplifies the best of India and should not fade away - we realize our Army’s worth only during times of crisis, but people should realize that the Indian Army is doing nationbuilding on a daily basis at grassroot levels - no other organization can even come close, the army is like that beacon/izzat/maryada which an Indian family dearest to its heart and our uncompromising stand to defend these values make us different and given us our identity - but the story needs to be told so that the young man is aware of the burden of that responsibility. I see children of Indian army officers, ex-servicemen, their spouses here in North America - they are humane, well-adjusted beings who have excelled - they have a degree in life which no Harvard or Stanford can give. Unknowingly the Indian army is lighting these luminous ‘diyas’ around the world - we must document it.

Karan Rajkumar
CEO
FirstHarmony Inc.
www.firstharmony.com

Chief's Response:
We are honoured by your thoughts about us and we assure that we shall always stand by our cherished ideals. We are hosting the history of our regiments on official website of Indian Army (indianarmy.nic.in)in a month or so. Your idea of a rolling trophy is accepted in principle and will be examined for implementation positively. We shall always look forward to your ideas.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

IDSA's Journal Strategic Analysis is available from 1999 onwards till 2003 at this website.

http://www.ciaonet.org/olj/sites/sa.html
Dhruv
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dhruv »

Yes that dremer club actually works......I had sent two dreams...got a reply for both....and not sarkari type reply....it was proper type ON TIME. No wonder army is pursuing rapid mobilisation.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Errrr, somebody got a username and password for that CIA online site Jagan posted?

My old service login,

Username:FelixLeiter
Password :WeDoItUndercover

isn't working. :P :wink:
Indra
BRFite -Trainee

A Web Tribute To The Indian Soldier- IndianJawan.com

Post by Indra »

Hello,

Our team has been working on a web memorial for Indian soldiers. The site (still very green) is situated at: http://www.indianjawan.com

We have managed to get associations and partnerships with a host of Indian defence websites and would like something similar with Bharat Rakshak too.

We are already partnered with:

1) http://www.frontierindia.com
(got right to reproduce and link back their content)

2) http://www.nawang.com
(got right to reproduce and link back their content)

3) http://www.india-defence.com
(content reproducion rights and some technical)

I have already emailed the admin thru the feedback form. I hope to get a reply soon, can somebody forward him this message. Thanks! :)

If you have biographies of your near and dear ones from the Armed Forces that needs to be published, please contact us using the feedbback form on the site. We are obliged to publish the heroics of each and every solider that made sacrifices for us.

We hope to get as much support as we can from the online defence community and the websites listed above have been really kind to us so far.

We hope the biggest defence website Bharat Rakshak will too help us in our efforts to pay homage and tributes and to glorify the sacrifices of the Indian Jawan for our beloved country!

Regards!
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Indra, you might want to start archiving IA pics from dailynews.yahoo.com

I have hundreds of those and they are excellent. Also get in touch with getty so as to get full sized, non-watermarked pics.
Indra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Indra »

That's a good suggestion Harry. Thanks.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Okay folks, After years of trying to put up an army equivalent to Warbirds of india, I have finally put together a modest website here at

http://relics.warbirdsofindia.com

The website aims to catalogue all known tanks, guns, memorials etc that are on public and private display, possibly provide photographs and a description of the condition.

The website will provide the military buff localised information, where to find the tanks, guns etc without getting into trouble...

For this, you guys will have to dig into your archives and see if you have similar photographs, or more importantly if you have information and knowledge on these artificacts on display, please contact me at jaganpvsATgmailDOTcom.

This is a much larger task than warbirds, while the warbirds inventory stands at 315, the war-relics can run into thousands...I know I possibly saw a dozen tanks and cars in and around delhi, but have only listed three or four...
rajkhalsa
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rajkhalsa »

Indra

I have sent you links to loads of pics thru your feedback form
vishnua
BRFite

Post by vishnua »

Vijainder K Thakur's BLOG

Aviation, strategic affairs and space research have been my enduring interests since childhood. Nothing surprising there considering by father was in the Army. I served 20 years in the Indian Air Force as a fighter pilot and have a brother who served the Indian Navy for 20 years as a marine commando.
Indra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Indra »

Thanks RajKhalsa. We have uploaded some of them onto our gallery. Especially those pics where the Jawan can be seen in action.

Btw still no reply from the admin of BR. Although we have received positive responses from other Indic defence sites, the lastest being DefenceIndia.com. Can anyone nudge the admin of BR please :) BR is the largest defence site and simply put, it would be great to have BR's support.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Indra wrote:

Btw still no reply from the admin of BR. Although we have received positive responses from other Indic defence sites, the lastest being DefenceIndia.com. Can anyone nudge the admin of BR please :) BR is the largest defence site and simply put, it would be great to have BR's support.
Hi Indra,

Get in touch with Rakesh Koshy who does the Army Website so that he can add you in the links page. use the feedback form on the landforces page if you need to.

cheers

Jagan
achit
BRFite

Post by achit »

Jagan wrote:Okay folks, After years of trying to put up an army equivalent to Warbirds of india, I have finally put together a modest website here at

http://relics.warbirdsofindia.com

The website aims to catalogue all known tanks, guns, memorials etc that are on public and private display, possibly provide photographs and a description of the condition.

The website will provide the military buff localised information, where to find the tanks, guns etc without getting into trouble...

For this, you guys will have to dig into your archives and see if you have similar photographs, or more importantly if you have information and knowledge on these artificacts on display, please contact me at jaganpvsATgmailDOTcom.

This is a much larger task than warbirds, while the warbirds inventory stands at 315, the war-relics can run into thousands...I know I possibly saw a dozen tanks and cars in and around delhi, but have only listed three or four...

I remember seeing one patton tank in Meerut (UP) cantonment. The plank mentioned the tank being captured by Gen. A.S. Vaidya in 1965. I used to see it daily on my way to pre-engg. classes.
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures. I hope someone will take the picture and send it to you.
Shishir
BRFite

Post by Shishir »

NSG's Official website
SSB's Official website

Also SSB webmaster trying to be funny. (Read captions for the images below) :)
Image 1
Image 2
Shishir
BRFite

Post by Shishir »

IA Official site updates
1. Lots of information in the August issue of Baatcheet magazine.
2. Regimental history of EME added
Rajit Ojha
BRFite -Trainee

Major Udai Singh's website

Post by Rajit Ojha »

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Re: Major Udai Singh's website

Post by Jagan »

Rajit Ojha wrote:http://www.majorudaisingh.com

...poignant.
Thanks for posting that - A very well designed tribute to a brave soldier.
narmad
BRFite

Post by narmad »

Hey
there was a site called protonriver or something.
Is it still operational ?
marimuthu
BRFite

Post by marimuthu »

narmad wrote:Hey
there was a site called protonriver or something.
Is it still operational ?
Yes But now it is called frontier india
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Official Indian Governmant Portal www.india.gov.in .Indian Armed forces link is

http://www.india.gov.in/outerwin.htm?id ... es.nic.in/
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Indian Army Website updated

Army Day 2006 section
http://indianarmy.nic.in/army_day_2006/army_day2006.htm

Indian Army Casualities 2005
http://indianarmy.nic.in/army_day_2006/heroes_2005.htm
(345 martyrs in 2005)
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

On the Army's homepage there is a new section, called "Chief's Dreamers Club - Interact with the Chief of Army Staff"

It leads to this site: http://tempweb51.nic.in/index.php

There is a free sign-up, so sign up as the media, NRI, corporate world etc and let the General hear it.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

kantak
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kantak »

unoficial srilanka army website.
http://www.army.lk/index1.php
Div
BRFite

Post by Div »

Div
BRFite

Post by Div »

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Sri
BRFite

Re: Major Udai Singh's website

Post by Sri »

Rajit Ojha wrote:http://www.majorudaisingh.com

...poignant.
Man this brings out a lot of memories. Udai Singh was my senior in Army Public School Dagshai. Was very moved to see a website dedicated to Udai Bahayia (as we used to call him during our school days). More such websites are needed to tell the stories of our fallen heroes. Pakistan might buy F 16s and might award it's soldiers with large chunks of land, but they wil never be able to match the traditions we cultivate in our armed forces. Soldier putting his son in a Soldier school from age 10 onwards.
George J

Post by George J »

Thats not mine. :D
Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

Shishir wrote:NSG's Official website
SSB's Official website

Image 1
Image 2
The NSG is getting hip: Tender for Sony plasma TV (pdf)
(What's wrong with a cheaper Samsung or Hitachi?)
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Amitabh wrote:
Shishir wrote:NSG's Official website
SSB's Official website

Image 1
Image 2
The NSG is getting hip: Tender for Sony plasma TV (pdf)
(What's wrong with a cheaper Samsung or Hitachi?)
with "Twin Tunner".. perhaps a truck to lug it around: :lol:
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Air Cmde Jasjit Singh's Center for Air Power Studies" has its own website:

http://www.aerospaceindia.org

Check out the downloadable journal articles at

http://www.aerospaceindia.org/journals.htm

Great reading overall.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Ajay M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ajay M »

this a new indian defence news website which also includes news from other armed forces around the world ,site has 3 journalist members and gets its news from around the world with multiple cooperation with other sites and print media

do check out
http://www.idrw.org
CPrakash
BRFite

Post by CPrakash »

ajaymki wrote:this a new indian defence news website which also includes news from other armed forces around the world ,site has 3 journalist members and gets its news from around the world with multiple cooperation with other sites and print media

do check out
Thanks very interesting and all the best to you guys. What is the magazne SECURITY that you are talking about. I realise its closed down but can we see some preview? (on a diff tack, any magazine that is NOT known on BR will have a pretty rough going.. did you announce it over here when you launched it?)

Is there an easier way of searching for news articles - say for so and so date or for so and so month? or maybe AF related etc rather than just keywords?
Ajay M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ajay M »

CPrakash wrote:
ajaymki wrote:this a new indian defence news website which also includes news from other armed forces around the world ,site has 3 journalist members and gets its news from around the world with multiple cooperation with other sites and print media

do check out
Thanks very interesting and all the best to you guys. What is the magazne SECURITY that you are talking about. I realise its closed down but can we see some preview? (on a diff tack, any magazine that is NOT known on BR will have a pretty rough going.. did you announce it over here when you launched it?)

Is there an easier way of searching for news articles - say for so and so date or for so and so month? or maybe AF related etc rather than just keywords?
thanks for your kind words security was a 60 page magazine which we had launched in oct 2003 was launched in three cities Bangalore, Mumbai, and Goa but we had a tuf time selling the magazine we did reduced the magazine pages from 60 to 45 but with limited subscription and poor sales
we had remove it from the shelf , we do have some old copies of the magazine i might scan them for you guys but articles are old now !!! we may relaunch the magazine but we kinda are not sure yet