India-US relations: News and Discussions III

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions III

Post by Lalmohan »

fantastic stuff - glad you are happy. sadly joe sixpack cannot tell the difference between your brown face and an Islamic terrorist...
btw, Joe also has a gun and he is very very angry...
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Not suggesting any conspiracy,but this was an index of US's importance in Shri Manmohan singhs worldview,and it might not be very different in NaMos worldview too.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Haven't seen this discussed:
"Trump’s decision to junk Trans-Pacific Partnership an opportunity for India

US President Donald Trump’s move paves way for a more balanced outcome of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership talks"

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/IaLbSZ ... pport.html
“TPP was not good for India. Its death at the hands of US Admn signals new opportunities. Can India seize the advantage,” Sanjay Bhattacharya, India’s ambassador to Egypt, wrote on Twitter.

With the collapse of TPP, China could be more friendlier with RCEP member countries to conclude the deal at the earliest. “However, we will be on our guard, a commerce ministry official said, requesting anonymity.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Manny wrote:I am totally enjoying the Trump Presidency!

YES... THERE IS SUCH A THING CALLED ISLAMIC TERRORISM. The leftist jerks like Oshama and Shillary who refused to use the word "Islamic" terrorism.. and the leftists of India who had no qualms about using "Hindu Terrorism" can squirm all they want... I am enjoying this!

LOL :)
Yes, but with one crucial and very distinct difference. Oshama doesn't count (he was a just fron end for the liberal whites), but left of center heavy weights like Shillary etc believe in the same end goal (supremacy of US empire and Christianity) as white Christian nationalists and fascists like Trump and Bannon, but means are different. They speak softly and carry the big stick. In contrast, Indian left doesn't are self loathing deracinated scum bags for whom secularism means anti-Hindus. They inherently hate Hindus, and the idea of strong untied Hindu nationalist India.

Thus, for us nationalists to find common cause with Trump as many do is disingenuous and bound to result in disappointment, and drawing any equivalence between Indian left and western left is equally specious.

Finally, for all this Muslim ban BS, can anyone tell me, other than useless maacho hateful talk and posturing, what bloody difference is this ban going to make on terrorism in mainland USA? The exterme vetting was in place even under Oshama, and there was hardly any terrorist attack in USA from anyone from those countries in the banned list.

In contrast, we had Pakis do times square (Faizal Shezaad) and San Bernadino maascare (not to mention 1000s of white boys taken out by Paki proxies in AfPak). Did Trump do anything to Pakis? Now that would have been a difference. But just banning, humiliating, and treating destitute women and children fleeing ISIS in Syria like diseased rats is no great shakes. It makes me throw up, as it would any normal compassionate human being. Interesting that other than creating more work for border security, immigration officials etc, this ban BS will achieve nothing more than what was already in place under Oshama. Maybe US is a rich country and can afford this kind of waste. (And lets not even discuss how US was responsible for the rise of ISIS).
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

A_Gupta wrote:Haven't seen this discussed:
"Trump’s decision to junk Trans-Pacific Partnership an opportunity for India

US President Donald Trump’s move paves way for a more balanced outcome of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership talks"

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/IaLbSZ ... pport.html
“TPP was not good for India. Its death at the hands of US Admn signals new opportunities. Can India seize the advantage,” Sanjay Bhattacharya, India’s ambassador to Egypt, wrote on Twitter.

With the collapse of TPP, China could be more friendlier with RCEP member countries to conclude the deal at the earliest. “However, we will be on our guard, a commerce ministry official said, requesting anonymity.
India was excluded from TPP and it was very bad. I know of atleast one retail MNC that sources materials from India to the tune of few billion dollars a year was planning to cut down its procurement (textiles, home furnishings and handicrafts) from India and instead get it from TPP countries such as Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia. The story was the same with other retail MNCs. It takes years to build and optimize supply chain and they saw TPP as a secure means of predictable and profitable trade / customs / taxation rates and wanted to consolidate as much of their sourcing as possible from TPP countries. Both India and China would have been losers had TPP gone through.

Obama brought about TPP to keep China away and reduce trade imbalance with China. The best outcome for us would have been for TPP to have gone live and for India to be included in TPP but China excluded.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Lalmohan wrote:no one has made a big deal about it... many older Indians will know that there was a CHaap on their passports saying 'no going to Israel' for many years...

we gloss over the behaviour of arab governments towards our people, their people, other people - because the powers that be have told us that this is not worth getting excited over

the excitement over the current issues are partly spontaneous, but are also being fed by various vested interests

we are all being manipulated
IIRC it was South Africa. Do not recall Isreal as no go area. When was that?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Lalmohan wrote:fantastic stuff - glad you are happy. sadly joe sixpack cannot tell the difference between your brown face and an Islamic terrorist...
btw, Joe also has a gun and he is very very angry...
My extended family and I have been settled in so called US South for decades. Probably before you even knew the words joe sixpack. You're assuming here that that the redneck bubba actually wants to be able to tell that difference. From where I stand DT is letting the steam off the pressure chamber that exponentially built up the pressure under Obama. Btw, next time don't go out pretending that you know US and sixpacks more than the other Desi guy.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

rsingh wrote: IIRC it was South Africa. Do not recall Isreal as no go area. When was that?
It started with both but S Africa was removed only in 90s. Israel was removed earlier. My '80 passport still has the S Africa stamp but not Israel.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The U.S. Treasury department on Thursday eased some economic sanctions against Russia, specifically licensing cyber-security sales to the Russian Federal Security Service, the successor to the KGB, according to official documents.

The license, listed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the Treasury Department, covers "all transactions and activities" involving the FSB that were prohibited by an earlier executive orders.

The initial sanctions, as imposed by President Obama in April 2015, were titled "Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities." That was further strengthened in December in an order entitled, "Taking Additional Steps to Address the national emergency with Respect to Signfiicant Malicious Cyber-enabled Activites."

The December sanctions were put in place after Obama charged that the Russians sought to affect U.S. elections via cyber-espionage.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017 ... /97399136/
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

darshan wrote:My extended family and I have been settled in so called US South for decades.
congratulations
Probably before you even knew the words joe sixpack.
almost certainly
You're assuming here that that the redneck bubba actually wants to be able to tell that difference.
no, I am saying that he doesn't care - which I think you are too
From where I stand DT is letting the steam off the pressure chamber that exponentially built up the pressure under Obama.
and my point is that during that steam letting off process, there will be collateral damage to people who are not black or Hispanic or Islamic but can be easily mistaken for all of the above by bubba and bubbetta
Btw, next time don't go out pretending that you know US and sixpacks more than the other Desi guy.
maybe not as well as you, but I do know a little bit
sohamn
BRFite

Post by sohamn »

Manny wrote:I am totally enjoying the Trump Presidency!

YES... THERE IS SUCH A THING CALLED ISLAMIC TERRORISM. The leftist jerks like Oshama and Shillary who refused to use the word "Islamic" terrorism.. and the leftists of India who had no qualms about using "Hindu Terrorism" can squirm all they want... I am enjoying this!

LOL :)
US leftist are Center - Right of India and US - Right would be extreme right like hindu mahasabha. Trump presidency doesn't augur well for India as his right hand Steve Bannon is a brown hater and preaches for a white america. If Modi can pull it off then hats off to him, but it will be a very difficult game especially dealing with inward and hateful people having little strategic vision.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

What happens to the India-US "strategic partnership", "natural allies" and all that bonhomie? India is investing heavily in Iran and is negotiating gas deals with it only for 'zee to mess it all up. I hope we maintain good relations with Russia, now that US will probably prove to be an unreliable ally. If rest of the Europe goes the US way, we will only have Russia as an ally if we have even them.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Lalmohan
and my point is that during that steam letting off process, there will be collateral damage to people who are not black or Hispanic or Islamic but can be easily mistaken for all of the above by bubba and bubbetta
That's why get a gun carrying license and learn how to use it!
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Sohamm
Trump presidency doesn't augur well for India as his right hand Steve Bannon is a brown hater and preaches for a white america.
Where do you get your news? US MSM like CNN?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bannon
Melwyn

Post by Melwyn »

Bannon is more of a leninist per the right wing talking heads. He likes to blow things up instead of fixing them. Not the sort of person you would like to piss off.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

SBajwa wrote:
by Sohamm
Trump presidency doesn't augur well for India as his right hand Steve Bannon is a brown hater and preaches for a white america.
Where do you get your news? US MSM like CNN?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bannon
Wikipedia is sourced on MSM mostly.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

amitkv wrote:Bannon is more of a leninist per the right wing talking heads. He likes to blow things up instead of fixing them. Not the sort of person you would like to piss off.
God speed then. :)
Melwyn

Post by Melwyn »

^ the rate at which DT is pissing off people around the world, US will not have a lot of friends left.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Bannon does not really strike me as a religious or race fundamentalist. Maybe he's religious, but what he really sounds like is that he's an anti-establishment nativist. He views the US as having been screwed over by the forces of world globalization. And he blames the US establishment itself, for it. Trump himself has been long critical of unbalanced trade flows - see his old Oprah interview. Of course it may not be a full picture. They may be ignoring the enormous gains the US accrues from its exports, its reserve currency status and more.

But that is not the point, and it's a mistake to go down that tangent. The real point is that the US is led by people who firmly believe the US has been wronged and that the establishment has wronged them. To deal with this, one needs to internalize that understanding, instead of just saying 'but but US also benefited so much. Here's data...' They don't care about that. If anything, they see establishment figures warning about 'don't break these globalist structures that help us' as 'heres the globalist structure we created! By telling you this we're telling you what you can destroy next'.

Therefore, it's dangerous to point out to this administration anything that's on the lines of preserving past structures. Even if that's the intent or desire, it's best to describe it as a new start with them, instead of making it sound like you're asking them to retain something created before that they may or may not be part of what they're pissed of with.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

^^Basically a kid who is waiting/willing to be tricked?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Suraj, I don't know what you mean by nativist mumbo jumbo. It seems to me you are putting a positive spin on those bigots. When Bannon says a few percentage of CEOs (he made an exaggerated claim) in silicon valley are Indian, and that is somehow a "threat", you don't call such a scum bag a bigot? Give me a break? I will admit, he has an intellectual core, no doubt about it. He is not a gas bag like Trump. You are listening to CNN/Fox too much to latch on their kind of positive spinning to describe even the worst of their bigots.

I don't understand why people don't get it. One might call it a legitimate grouse if you want, but the things that Trump, Bannon, and Co are railing against are a few non white faces in the halls of power, be it in politics or in other fields. For them, that is America losing its greatness. By any objective standard, Obama (who himself is a mouthpiece of the left of center) did not do a bad job either on economy or foreign policy from US interests PoV. But his very presence is what triggered this white Christian backlash. Nothing more to it.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

amitkv wrote:^ the rate at which DT is pissing off people around the world, US will not have a lot of friends left.
The US is also in the "world". :wink:

Wonder if Vegas is taking bets on impeachment. Within 2017, sounds fair?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

CRamS wrote:Suraj, I don't know what you mean by nativist mumbo jumbo. It seems to me you are putting a positive spin on those bigots.
I am not. The rest of your post simply continues on that premise, but you are speaking on a tangent. I have no side to take in the above post, no moral or judgemental view of them, and merely offer an interpretation of behavior and possible ideas on how to interact with them, in a manner that benefits India.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Why does any observation or commentary always need to be interpreted as in favor or against somebody.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

Neither Bannon nor the secular, liberal elite in the USA are comfortable with 'Brown' ceos who should know their place.

The second point is if Bannon-Trump are intent on tearing up the global archietecture, where do they see the NSG, the NPT and all the other tech-denial treaties which have over the decades stiffled USA-India trade in a variety of fields?
The GoI needs to point out that future growth trend of US exports to India will be more than welcome, once these barriers have been removed.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

He doesn't care about exports to India. His primary concern is to preserve the white christian nature of the US and may be the west. He may try to bring all the white nations along with some non white vassal states and hope the others will not be able to progress without their support or even try to scuttle any progress by them.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Gus wrote:Why does any observation or commentary always need to be interpreted as in favor or against somebody.
Yes it's quite tiresome when people jump in asking you to recite their chosen creed.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Suraj wrote:Bannon does not really strike me as a religious or race fundamentalist. Maybe he's religious, but what he really sounds like is that he's an anti-establishment nativist.
But he came to power with the support of the tea party and he has to pander to them now or at least appear to.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The tea party was all about anti-establishment mindset, even if they're just the new establishment...
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

SBajwa wrote:
by Lalmohan
That's why get a gun carrying license and learn how to use it!
+1
At least I would be able to fire away parting shots. Imagine the similar situation in India for Hindus in regions where they represent less than 20% of population. FWIW, to me, things for sure look better against joe here than non hindu zombies.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

WashPost wrote: Pelosi calls Trump chief strategist Bannon a ‘white supremacist’
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

red in tooth and claw is the new rasputin :)

On his favorite group of Republicans, the GOP

"What we need to do is bitch-slap the Republican Party." — The Atlantic

"Leadership are all c*nts" and "We should just go buck wild." — The Daily Beast, from an email exchange.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

important to realise a few pillars of the new order

1. white Christian supremacy/primacy
2. anti-establishment
3. internationalist-nationalism (see point 1)
4. chaos is a tool for control

everyone else should know their place, and the old white establishment are going to be put up against the wall

Bannon says he is a Leninist - but be careful how to interpret that term. he is certainly not a Marxist-Leninist in the way that conventional wisdom has evolved the understanding of that term
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

mikhail bakunin quote seems more apt.
The passion for destruction is also a creative passion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Bakunin
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Bakunin in as far as 'tear down the old order' goes
more Mussolini in the 'set up the new order'
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

hanumadu wrote:.....He may try to bring all the white nations along with some non white vassal states and hope the others will not be able to progress without their support or even try to scuttle any progress by them.
This is not something new, right? Don't the post WW2 institutions archive the same? But one area in which higher emphasis on your second point may be used is in neutralizing the population based advantages, countries like India and China may have on their abilities, to dictate terms of trade.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

2 minutes of silence plz for the girls who wanted to marry guys with H1b visas. I know trump is ruthless and spoiled your dreams to shop at Wallmart, now welcome to D-Mart

-From FB
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

nirav wrote:2 minutes of silence plz for the girls who wanted to marry guys with H1b visas. I know trump is ruthless and spoiled your dreams to shop at Wallmart, now welcome to D-Mart

-From FB
Cheap shot whoever wrote this.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Why ?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »